PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer: 6th man?

Forrealz
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Should he be the 6th man for the Bulls?

no, this is a serious question, in the playoffs, they will face the heat again more than likely, and it owuld be nice to have someone on the floor who can take the pressure off of noah so he can play the role of a help defender, or atleast have the ability to have noah guard bosh knowing that if he slips up, he actually has help on the defensive end

as many fellow bulls fans know, i pretty much hate boozer and would like to get rid of him because i feel he is overpaid by about 3-4 million per year, and believe taj, if given the time to start and play 30 minutes, could be a much better option for us.

let me explain the facts:

-the bulls owner doesnt want to pay the luxary tax

-the bulls will have to resign asik and gibson, more than likely for 8 million a piece, for a total of 16 million

-boozer canoot play defense, is in his 30s and is making 13+ a season

i personally dont see boozer being on the bulls past this season if his stats and play donot reflect the money he is earning when we have taj gibson making less, asik making less, and have a young pf coming over in a little less than 2 seasons

my suggestion? let either asik or gibson start, preferably, gibson, i believe his game supliments noah's better and is more athletic so he can guard players like bosh and stoudemire better when the playoffs come and he averages over a block a game

simply play boozer with the second group with asik so he can be the primary option for the "bench mob" instead of everyone staggering around trying to find korver off a screen as the #1 option

simply give boozer 25 minutes a game at the 4 off the bench, and see how that goes during the regular season imo just to test out if we are better defensively with gibson starting, and our scoring production shouldnt dip much if we give noah and hamilton a few more shots

thoughts?

bovice163
01-23-2012, 12:20 PM
No terrible idea RZZZA. You're the only one that has wanted Taj to start for the last two seasons, give it a rest. Boozer is producing more efficiently than he has last year, and thats all we needed. Rips vision has opened up a lot of things for Booz, and moving him to the bench would be detrimental because of that. And Jerry has already said he'll pay the luxury tax if the team can contend for a title, so get your facts straight.

Blink
01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
No

Greet
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Lets take the only other guy that can create his shot out of the line-up, that'll work!

Tmo440
01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
What your saying here would never happen because Boozer makes way too much money to be coming off the bench. I really like how Thibs uses both Taj and Asik. If you've been watching the games this year, Boozer rarely plays in the fourth quarter and this is where Taj has been the most effective this season. I really do not see the point in starting Taj over Boozer at this point because of how Thibs uses both of them in the fourth quarter of games. I agree that Boozer would provide scoring off the bench for the second group, but that is why Thibs chooses to play Lu a lot because he mainly does the scoring when the second group comes in. Having Taj start, would limit his production in the fourth quarter, and that's when we need him the most.

piaband
01-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I still dont understand where the Boozer hate comes from. I guess cus he got hurt in the playoffs and seemed like he wasnt good last year. But he was awesome in the reg. season.

He is averaging somewhere between 15-20ppg and 10-15 reb per game. And it looks like hes in a grrove and might bump up the points per game average. He consistently takes people on the offensive end and him and Noah are finally starting to seem like they understand how to switch on defense (mostly Boozer learning, Noah already knew).

ldawg
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
no no and no they should sign Jr smith as their sixth man.

juicyj_79
01-23-2012, 02:48 PM
They have the best record in the league, if it aint broke, dont fix it!!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM
No terrible idea RZZZA. You're the only one that has wanted Taj to start for the last two seasons, give it a rest. Boozer is producing more efficiently than he has last year, and thats all we needed. Rips vision has opened up a lot of things for Booz, and moving him to the bench would be detrimental because of that. And Jerry has already said he'll pay the luxury tax if the team can contend for a title, so get your facts straight.

:laugh:

kozelkid
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Funny part is that all your "facts" are wrong.

JR will pay luxury tax if we have a contender, or as he put it, can at least make it to the ECF. As evident by last year, we did and should hopefully at least repeat in that regard.

Taj and Omer won't be a combined 16mil because Omer can't make more than 5mil each of his first 2 years of his new contract due to the Gilbert Arenas Provision.

Boozer, this year, has played defense. Whether you are willing or not to admit it, is different question. I say this as one of Boozer's biggest critics, but if there is one place where he made strides, it's defense. Hell, it might not even be farfetched to call him near average in that regard. Especially in comparison to most other pf's in this league (see: Griffin, Amare, Bargnani, etc.).

And your suggestion sucks. It's no different than the other thread where everyone laughed at your idea. We have plenty of defense in that lineup, as is. We need Boozer's offense.

DamnGoat
01-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Awful idea.

Boozer is so much better than Taj offensively it's not even worth considering.

AnalyzeNShoot
01-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Try a switch with taj and Boozer for few games to see what the result is

chicagocubsfan
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential/2011/12/jerry-reinsdorf-to-strongly-consider-paying-the-luxury-tax-for-reasonable-chance-at-a-championship/

ChicagoJ
01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't do it. Booz can give you 20+ pts and 10+ boards on any given night. Why put a guy like that on the bench.

chicago lulz
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Should he be the 6th man for the Bulls?

no

You got this part right

Pierzynski4Prez
01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Your facts are horribly incorrect outside of boozer being in his 30s (by 2 months) and salary.

I am Smart
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
and this is why we are fans. Terrible ideas