PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs started today......no NY and no Lakers??

chris34
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Alright alright, hold your complaints I know we are just getting started but the bottom line is that the season is approaching 1/3 of the way complete.

Realistically both of these teams will have no problem making the playoffs but I think nearly everyone had both of them in the mid to top tier of their repective conferences. And although I do believe that both will make the playoffs, I believe that the smaller amount of games as well as the grueling schedule may result in a few surprises. Especially in the more competitive west.

Slimsim
01-23-2012, 12:22 PM
The way the seasons going wouldn't be surprise if they don't make the playoffs. And that means the lockout was a success. The two biggest markets missing the playoffs

Hellcrooner
01-23-2012, 12:27 PM
good.

Dont discard a Lakers-Knicks finals.

last time there was a lockout an 8th seeded knicks got there.

shep33
01-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I think it's hard to discount the Lakers right now. Yeah they suck at the moment, but this won't be their roster by the deadline. Again, I'm sure they'll shake something up soon. LA needs help in multiple areas:

Check out the following problems right now for LA:
-last in bench production
-last in 3 point shooting
-last in point guard production

Hellcrooner
01-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I think it's hard to discount the Lakers right now. Yeah they suck at the moment, but this won't be their roster by the deadline. Again, I'm sure they'll shake something up soon. LA needs help in multiple areas:

lakers need 1 name.

And its not even a big one.

J.o.s.E

chris34
01-23-2012, 12:33 PM
good.

Dont discard a Lakers-Knicks finals.

last time there was a lockout an 8th seeded knicks got there.

Yeah but Herb Williams is long gone.

chris34
01-23-2012, 12:34 PM
lakers need 1 name.

And its not even a big one.

J.o.s.E

And that was an NBA conspiracy to keep away from a Spurs/Pacers Finals which may have single handedly destroyed the league after MJ leaving, lockout and then that bore fest.

BoilerMan013
01-23-2012, 12:38 PM

So by moving Gasol or Bynum, they're going to maintain their starting unit's advantage, get better on their bench, get better in 3 pt. shooting, and get a better PG, and instantly be high ranking title contenders again??

Then you have to factor in that most teams in the West would rather let them rot in their own stink, and Eastern teams probably only want Bynum from their roster, who is younger and playing better than Gasol (yet still injury prone).

chris34
01-23-2012, 12:57 PM

One thing that they do have is a favorable schedule this week. After yesterday's loss they now play the Clips on Wed and then again don't play again until Saturday. It is a rare break in this whirlwind schedule.

Slimsim
01-23-2012, 01:23 PM
LA fans think they have serious problems, Well NYK say Hello

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Funny thing is they are both constructed the same way.

High volume scoring wingman - Kobe & Melo
All-star PF - Amare & Gasol
Defensive, rebounding center - Bynum & Chandler

Neither team really has a bench or PG, although at least NY has Baron Davis due back this week.

MWP & Fisher have contributed almost nothing.

Tony Douglas has contributed nothing for NY. Fields has turned it around at least.

todu82
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't discount the Lakers yet either. A team of Bynum-Gasol-Bryant is to good to miss the playoffs.

iggypop123
01-23-2012, 01:49 PM
if they win yesterday they are a 3 seed. Too early to pay attention to standings