PDA

View Full Version : Lakers want Paul Pierce

Hunter48MVP
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Also, the Lakers reportedly are trying to find a way to land Paul Pierce. Not sure yet, what they are willing to give up. But again, it won't be an easy deal to make. The Celtics love him, obviously

HoopsHype

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Also, the Lakers reportedly are trying to find a way to land Paul Pierce. Not sure yet, what they are willing to give up. But again, it won't be an easy deal to make. The Celtics love him, obviously

HoopsHype 1pick nd trade exception?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Gasol, Bynum, Artest and Walton for Rondo, Pierce, O'neal and Garnett.

waveycrockett
01-22-2012, 05:52 PM
1pick nd trade exception?

They'd have to give up Gasol or Bynum for BOS to even consider it. Maybe something like Pierce and Garnett for Byum and TPE.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:53 PM
1pick nd trade exception?

They'd have to give up Gasol or Bynum for LA to even consider it. Maybe something like Pierce and Garnett for Byum and TPE. lmaoo r u crazy? They gunna give up Bynum nd gasol for pierce nf Garnett??? Lnaoooo

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 05:54 PM

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Allen
PG-Bradley

C-O'neal
PF-Garnett
SF-Pierce
SG-Bryant
PG-Rondo

:shrug:

Iunno. That's the best I could do.

Kinda hard with Pierce's salary.

Jenceman
01-22-2012, 05:54 PM

Haha holy **** talk about completely retooling both teams!

I'm not sure I could root for those Celtics, too much green dosage at once

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Gasol and Artest and a trade exeption for Pierce and Garnett lol

shep33
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Lakers won't deal Pau or Bynum for Pierce. So this won't get done. Although Pierce + Kobe would be deadly

kblo247
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Only way I could see Pau oir Andrew going out in any deal is if they were getting Rondo with Pierce (Bynum goes) or Ray with Pierce (Pau goes)

Jenceman
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah I just don't see any possible way this deal happens.

Lakeshow24KB
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
If we could find a way to get this done without giving up a big then I'm fine lol

Sportfan
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Lakers won't deal Pau or Bynum for Pierce. So this won't get done. Although Pierce + Kobe would be deadly
Celtics don't want Pau anyway.

kjoke
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Pau and money for Pierce and bass :shrug: maybe even a backup pg

shep33
01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Celtics don't want Pau anyway.

Well the problem that faces the Celts if they want to deal Pierce, which I don't think will happen, is that he's not gonna get them a stud of a young player. A contender won't offer them much, and you know Pierce will be pissed if he goes to a struggling franchise.

Boston shouldn't trade him anyways.

smith&wesson
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
a celtic lifer in a lakers uni ? ya i think this is bogus.

C-Style
01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Only way I could see Pau oir Andrew going out in any deal is if they were getting Rondo with Pierce (Bynum goes) or Ray with Pierce (Pau goes)

I like!

Cal827
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Rondo-Kobe-Pierce-Gasol... That just sounds nasty. I would guess that McRoberts becomes starter and Gaslol moves to C in a deal such as that?

PraiseJesus
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
lmao will never happen

NBAfan4life
01-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I would hate to get pierce. I feel like dude is going to nothing but regress. Plus I'm still annoyed by that phantom injury that ignited that comeback and ultimately the championship.

shep33
01-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Rondo-Kobe-Pierce-Gasol... That just sounds nasty. I would guess that McRoberts becomes starter and Gaslol moves to C in a deal such as that?

Yeah probably, that lineup would be dirty. Probably won't ever happen though, seems fair if it's Bynum + Matt Barnes (expiring) + a 2012 draft pick for Pierce + Rondo.

papipapsmanny
01-22-2012, 06:46 PM
only way i see something happening is if Bynum heads Boston's way.

Not sure how that would work, Boston would have to send more, but it surely wouldn't be Rondo.

Maybe Bradley, Pierce, and O'neal for Bynum

I feel like that would be good for both sides. I think Bradley would be a nice fit with the Lakers, and than the Celtics could build around Rondo/Bynum (which would be fun to watch), actually pierce and bryant would be sick as well

LakersMaster24
01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah probably, that lineup would be dirty. Probably won't ever happen though, seems fair if it's Bynum + Matt Barnes (expiring) + a 2012 draft pick for Pierce + Rondo.

I am all in for that one.

Rondo
Kobe
Pierce
McRoberts
Gasol

JWO35
01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
-25% Chance of happening...

todu82
01-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah, don't see the deal happening either. Pierce and Bryant together would be good though.

Cal827
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
The ONLY chance a deal is done is if Bynum goes the other way. These teams have too much a history. Bynum, although with glass knees, has played quite well so far this season.

shep33
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
only way i see something happening is if Bynum heads Boston's way.

Not sure how that would work, Boston would have to send more, but it surely wouldn't be Rondo.

Maybe Bradley, Pierce, and O'neal for Bynum

I feel like that would be good for both sides. I think Bradley would be a nice fit with the Lakers, and than the Celtics could build around Rondo/Bynum (which would be fun to watch), actually pierce and bryant would be sick as well

It's a weird deal for both sides, I put Rondo into that mix and Barnes who makes nothing (and is an expiring) + 1 or 2 of the Lakers 2012 draft picks (both first rounders). Boston gets the 2nd best big in the league who is still 24, 2 first rounders next year, Barnes' expiring, probably Ebanks in there too.

I dunno, I think Pierce for Bynum is not enough, considering Bynum is 10 years younger than Pierce (really 10 years younger than him), and probably the 2nd best Center in the league with great potential still. And i'm sure you think Pierce + Rondo is way too much.

Bynum for Rondo doesn't work by the numbers so someone else would have to be involved. But also Bynum + Barnes + 2 first rounders for Rondo + Pierce doesn't work either. LA would need to add more players

Basically it won't get done

Denver-boy
01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
I think Lakers should be more interested in Howard, than worrying about adding pierce...unless boston wants scraps I dont think Lakers will get him.

Rondo is not gonna be included, haha get over yourselfs laker fans.

If anything big happens, I see Paul Pierce & JO for Pau Gasol, and Ebanks. thats about it if lakers miss out on Howard sweepstakes. cuz the only way he comes if Bynum&Gasol for Howard. thats the ONLY way he lands in LA. Either way, Gasol or Bynum if leaving if you want any allstars, no ifs, thats all anyone would want from LA.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Bynum and Ebanks plus a second rounder for Pierce, Rondo and JO.

lakersiznumber1
01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
would be a smart move by the celtics they would get all big three off the books for this year but as laker fan 4 life i dont know about this

*Superman*
01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Kobe for Paul makes sense?

shep33
01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
It makes sense for the Celtics if they completely want to blow it up. They get Pierce off the books, Bynum has a team option. Plus I bet LA gives them a 1st rounder + future picks.

Bruno
01-22-2012, 07:05 PM
you kidding? i am queens blvd.

numba1CHANGsta
01-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Pierce+KG for Pau+picks

Punk
01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Honestly it only works if they trade Pierce/Garnett for Bynum + picks, trade exception.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Honestly it only works if they trade Pierce/Garnett for Bynum + picks, trade exception.

PG - Fisher
SG - Kobe
SF - Pierce
PF - Garnett
C - Pau

That's pretty stacked, on the flip side:

PG - Rondo
SG - Allen
SF - ?
PF - Bass
C - Bynum

Rayray's gonna be so pissed lol...

ClippersE.G
01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
The Lakers should trade Andrew Bynum while people think he is good.

AI4MVP
01-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I am all in for that one.

Rondo
Kobe
Pierce
McRoberts
Gasol

dude your sig is so trippy

Storch
01-22-2012, 07:53 PM
No way. Lakers should never get him, we can't grab our rival's star player that's absurd.

goalie
01-22-2012, 07:54 PM
bynum and walton to minny

beasley, wes johnson and randolph to boston

pierce, darko and bostons 2013 1st to la

ldawg
01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
I am sorry i don't buy this rumor why in the world would they want a old slow injured expensive player that has 3 years left on his contract? makes no sense. unless its for Walton and Artest.

nickdymez
01-22-2012, 07:59 PM

This

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I hope this is just more fantasy gossip from make believe sources. Any so called Laker fan that would even consider wanting to have Paul freakin Pierce on the team should turn in their Laker card!

I'd rather get swept out of the playoffs again than win with a lifetime Celtic!

sunsfan88
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM

Allen with Pierce to LA?

So you want Ray freakin Allen to come off the bench? Yea....not gonna happen!

lakersfan01
01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
They'd have to give up Gasol or Bynum for BOS to even consider it. Maybe something like Pierce and Garnett for Byum and TPE.

TPE cannot be combined with a player in a trade.

LakersKB24
01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Can you imagine the presss conference?

Pierce: 'I'm proud to be part of this organization...'

I just can't imagine a guy that will have his # retired as a Celtic with a Lakers uniform.

lakersfan01
01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Kobe for Paul makes sense?

Kobe for Rondo and Pierce

Sadds The Gr8
01-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Lakers don't have the pieces to get Pierce unless they trade Gasol...

jam
01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Pierce wouldn't help the Lakers contend.

FriedTofuz
01-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Metta world piece and a first for Paul pierce. At al the people saying gasol for pierce? HELL NO

celtics should do this since i would be saying cap space and they would get a 1st round pick.

Swift Game
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=72dvqqb

This trade would work. Wonder if there is anyway the Celtics would include Ray Allen.

I would also consider Pau Gasol for Rondo and Ray allen if there is any truth to these rumors.

I just dont see any deal with the Celtics for Pau or Drew without Rondo.

The celtics did try and trade Rondo not to long ago so I dont think he is
untouchable.

Also I dont think the Lakers consider this trade scenario until they find out what is going on with Dwight and Dwill. I take Dwill over Rondo if I had the choice though.

My reasonable trade that I posted since December is Scola and Lowry for Gasol. I would prefer that over all other pg trades for the Lakers. ( Even over DWill. )

Lakerfrk
01-22-2012, 08:29 PM
There is NO way I would trade Bynum for Pierce... Gasol, maybe if we get Pierce + Rondo ... but that won't happen...

I doubt the Celts want Gasol..

Cal827
01-22-2012, 08:35 PM
HellCrooner if the Lakers Trade Gasol to the Celtics :D:

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/11020/11285293.jpg

rockbottom2010
01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
celtics are trying to rebuild their franchise....ainge wants young talent.....they would have to give up bynum...thats for sure.....so possibly pierce and garnett for bynum, murphy and a 1st rounder...

Corey
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Wont happen without a 3rd team.

Houston makes sense with their interest in Gasol in the offseason.

Martin and/or Scola could be useful to the Celtics.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
You guys are Laker fans and you WANT Paul Pierce? A old washed up Pierce at that?

Really?

Corey
01-22-2012, 09:26 PM
He dropped 33/10/8 today and he isn't even healthy. He's still capable of adding 15+/5/4 per night to a contender.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 09:30 PM
He dropped 33/10/8 today and he isn't even healthy. He's still capable of adding 15+/5/4 per night to a contender.

Wizards. Nuff said.

Corey
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Right, because opponent completely negates a good game. Okay.

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Pierce is definitely still a capable player. Hell he's an allstar if he's on a motivated team with serious championship aspirations. If LA could find a way to get Rondo AND Pierce for Gasol and maybe picks, you have to pull the trigger. Gasol might not have much use to an aging Boston team, but if he is dealt for valuable prospects which a few teams might be willing, then it definitely needs to be done.

LA fixes their major issue of perimeter defense against quick guards with Rondo and Pierce replaces the offense they lose without Gasol. True, they don't have that twin tower advantage anymore, but as it stands, they aren't a legit contender. With a Rondo-Kobe-Pierce-Bynum core, they probably are assuming Bynum can stay healthy. It's a gamble you have to take if you're LA. Then you hope McRoberts and Murphy can handle spot minutes at PF or else maybe Kenyon Martin comes in at around March and saves the day.

Either way, it makes LA a complete team and VERY dangerous come playoff time.

SACNYY
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Why not World Peace/Gasol for Rondo/Pierce?

Good trade for LA.

jam
01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
That trade doesn't make sense for the Celtics, however.

Pierce is definitely still a capable player. Hell he's an allstar if he's on a motivated team with serious championship aspirations. If LA could find a way to get Rondo AND Pierce for Gasol and maybe picks, you have to pull the trigger. Gasol might not have much use to an aging Boston team, but if he is dealt for valuable prospects which a few teams might be willing, then it definitely needs to be done.

LA fixes their major issue of perimeter defense against quick guards with Rondo and Pierce replaces the offense they lose without Gasol. True, they don't have that twin tower advantage anymore, but as it stands, they aren't a legit contender. With a Rondo-Kobe-Pierce-Bynum core, they probably are assuming Bynum can stay healthy. It's a gamble you have to take if you're LA. Then you hope McRoberts and Murphy can handle spot minutes at PF or else maybe Kenyon Martin comes in at around March and saves the day.

Either way, it makes LA a complete team and VERY dangerous come playoff time.

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 11:24 PM
That trade doesn't make sense for the Celtics, however.

Not sure if I completely agree.

Gasol still has value to teams. If it's a 3 way to say Houston or Philly, then it might.

Besides, they get out of Pierce's 2 year 30mil contract and can officially tank/rebuild.

Teeboy1487
01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I would instantly burn my Lakers fan card. I could never root for this guy.

Blink
01-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Would Pierce even want to play for LA?

Blink
01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
why not world peace/gasol for rondo/pierce?

Good trade for la.

lol

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Right, because opponent completely negates a good game. Okay.

Wow. Way to show your basketball IQ. Ok I'll humor you. It's a just a bit easier to score on a team which is horrible defensively than your average team. They're giving up almost 100 points a night. There are currently only 5 teams that even average 100. Therefore a player, in theory, would be more likely to have a high scoring game against them. Though not necessarily having a great individual scoring season overall.

In conclusion there is a reason the Wizards, the team Pierce played well against, are currently called chicken soup.

Your welcome!

SACNYY
01-23-2012, 12:03 AM
lol

Well it is if you think about the way Gasol has played this year. Which is like garbage. Pierce is still good and can help a lot. Rondo is the PG they desperately need. And Artest is, well Artest. It won't happen, but it'd help LA if it did.

Corey
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Wow. Way to show your basketball IQ. Ok I'll humor you. It's a just a bit easier to score on a team which is horrible defensively than your average team. They're giving up almost 100 points a night. There are currently only 5 teams that even average 100. Therefore a player, in theory, would be more likely to have a high scoring game against them. Though not necessarily having a great individual scoring season overall.

In conclusion there is a reason the Wizards, the team Pierce played well against, are currently called chicken soup.

Your welcome!

By your logic, Kobe's 81 point game was irrelevant, then?

Also: "You're welcome"...Might want to proof read before questioning someone else's IQ.

John Walls Era
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Would Pierce even want to play for LA?

He was a fan growing up. Not sure how he feels now, but before his championship he wanted to retire a laker.

BallIsAll
01-23-2012, 12:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jb7nb6

?

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:16 AM
By your logic, Kobe's 81 point game was irrelevant, then?

Also: "You're welcome"...Might want to proof read before questioning someone else's IQ.

Believe I said "basketball IQ" and my logic is sound because I don't think Paul Pierce made history against the Wiz. He just had a "good game" which you chose to use as some sort of proof that he still has game.

You're welcome.

Lakeshow24KB
01-23-2012, 12:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jb7nb6

?

:facepalm: X2

BallIsAll
01-23-2012, 12:20 AM
:facepalm: X2

Gasol
Mcrob
Pierce
Kobe
Fisher

all the lakers would need is a pg and a few bench pieces.. maybe try to get another player from the celtics but they dont have many good players..

Corey
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Believe I said "basketball IQ" and my logic is sound because I don't think Paul Pierce made history against the Wiz. He just had a "good game" which you chose to use as some sort of proof that he still has game.

You're welcome.

Pierce was 10-15 for 34 points, and added 10 assists and 8 rebounds.

Two games prior, against the Wizards, it took Kevin Durant 24 shots to drop 33 points.

Remind me how that makes Pierce washed up?

You're just hating. Pierce is coming off the most efficient season of his career last year. The only reason he got off to a slow start this year is because he hurt his heel half way through training camp, stalling his conditioning.

You have absolutely no evidence to support your claim that Pierce is 'old and washed up'.

theheatles
01-23-2012, 12:34 AM
gasol and mcroberts for kg and pierce

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Pierce was 10-15 for 34 points, and added 10 assists and 8 rebounds.

Two games prior, against the Wizards, it took Kevin Durant 24 shots to drop 33 points.

Remind me how that makes Pierce washed up?

You're just hating. Pierce is coming off the most efficient season of his career last year. The only reason he got off to a slow start this year is because he hurt his heel half way through training camp, stalling his conditioning.

You have absolutely no evidence to support your claim that Pierce is 'old and washed up'.

Pierce is having a career low in scoring, shooting the second worse fg% of his career, is having trouble finishing at the rim, and came in to camp flabby, out of shape, and gimpy. He's also 34 (a Paul Pierce 34, not to be confused with a Kobe 34). Now you can say the season is still young and he may eventually magicly get in shape which may be true but I wouldn't risk a good player on it.

Anything else?

Corey
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Have you ever heard the term 'sample size'?

As I JUST said, he's coming off the most efficient season of his career, and his slow start can be credited to his injured heel and lack of conditioning due to his injured heel.

Using the first 15 games of a post-lockout season is enough evidence to say someone is washed up?

I guess Brandon Jennings is a better player than Dwyane Wade as well, right? According to your 15 game sample size logic, that is..

Chronz
01-23-2012, 01:11 AM
What, didn't you know a Jennings for wade swap is in the works?

kozelkid
01-23-2012, 02:00 AM

You're welcome.

I could have sworn Wizards were an NBA team with NBA caliber players.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Bynum, Ebanks, Caracter, Morris, Goudelock, Lakers 2012 1st rd pick, Mavs 2012 1st rd pick (From Odom trade), LO $8.9M TPE for Boston's Big 3!

shep33
01-23-2012, 02:16 AM
gasol and mcroberts for kg and pierce

KG is too much money though, I found out the two of them combined make 37 mill this year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Then lets get a freaking 3rd team to make it work!

rasajr23
01-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Bynum, Ebanks, Caracter, Morris, Goudelock, Lakers 2012 1st rd pick, Mavs 2012 1st rd pick (From Odom trade), LO $8.9M TPE for Boston's Big 3!

7 for 3?? Really:eyebrow: Also would like to mention you can't trade the TPE

LakersIn5
01-23-2012, 02:29 AM
pau+metta+tpe for kg,pierce

bynum
kg
pierce
kobe
fishball

Corey
01-23-2012, 02:32 AM
What, didn't you know a Jennings for wade swap is in the works?

Made me laugh.

Seriously though. SAMPLE SIZE, PEOPLE.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-23-2012, 03:13 AM
pau+metta+tpe for kg,pierce

bynum
kg
pierce
kobe
fishball

Pau + Metta + Luke + TPE for KG + Pierce + Bass

jam
01-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Gasol is well known to lack the resolve, focus, work ethic and aggression to be a team's no. 1 option. He's even lost his spot as no. 2 on the lakers. He had a spotty track record with both Memphis, barely a playoff team with him as no. 1, as well as with the Lakers, where he now languishes with a hobbled Bynum surpassing him as Kobe's top lackey.

Add to that an enormous contract, as well as the embarrassment of Odom's post Lakers effort, and the incentive to trade for Gasol is near absent.

I would not be surprised if Gasol continues to disappoint with 13-15 pts a game for the remainder of his so-called peak years and then disappeared as an odd footnote in the Lakers' legacy as a player who barely scratched the surface of his potential.

Not sure if I completely agree.

Gasol still has value to teams. If it's a 3 way to say Houston or Philly, then it might.

Besides, they get out of Pierce's 2 year 30mil contract and can officially tank/rebuild.

Jenceman
01-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Trade exceptions cannot be combined with players people

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Trade exceptions cannot be combined with players people

Yes they can, I remember doing one where ESPN trade machine gave me options of using it. Unless ESPN trade machine doesn't have the CBA thing fully correct in their system.

THE_FLASH_21
01-23-2012, 05:26 AM

That makes the most sense!!

kblo247
01-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Yes they can, I remember doing one where ESPN trade machine gave me options of using it. Unless ESPN trade machine doesn't have the CBA thing fully correct in their system.

Separate transactions.

Say if LA made a deal with Orlando. They could do Bynum for Dwight, Duhon, and Q. The TPE would be for q and Duhon. Bynum and picks, cash for Dwight would be a separate trade. 2 different transactions like when you split a bill on two credit cards

BALLER R
01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Would probably need a 3rd team in there because i don't think the lakers really have anyone the celtics wants outside of bynum or gasol

BALLER R
01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Atleast Pierce gets to end his career in LA. that's where hes from isn't it?

PAOboston
01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
there is about ZERO chance that this happens.

that being said, IF a trade were to somehow miraculously happen between these two teams (assuming a third teamisnt involved, if it is then that could change things drastically), bynum would have to be going back to boston. boston is trying to rebuild. tying up a near 20 million in salary for a 32 year old mentally mushy pf/c for a few years doesnt make any sense. bynum would make a lot more sense.

Corey
01-23-2012, 11:07 AM

that being said, IF a trade were to somehow miraculously happen between these two teams (assuming a third teamisnt involved, if it is then that could change things drastically), bynum would have to be going back to boston. boston is trying to rebuild. tying up a near 20 million in salary for a 32 year old mentally mushy pf/c for a few years doesnt make any sense. bynum would make a lot more sense.

Bynum isn't coming to Boston unless Rondo's involved in a deal, and I dont see it happening.

They aren't trading Bynum for Pierce :laugh2:

Corey
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
That's not how it works.

You can't trade the rights to a TPE.

They can acquire a player for just a pick as long as the player's salary is within the range of the TPE (in this case, 9 million)

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM

What in the word are you smoking..?

4 POINT PLAY LJ
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
The Lakers need anyone that can play. lol

lakerfan3118
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I still think this deal will not happen because getting rid of Pierce's contract is unnecessary. The Celtics already have everyone outside of Bass, Pierce and Rondo coming off the books and that should give them more than enough cap room to be relevant in free agent discussions next off-season. With the season lost and trade value for any one of their Big Three low anyway, the best scenario might be just to let them off the books.

The Final Boss
01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
**** them.

utl768
01-24-2012, 01:27 AM
lakers have nothing to trade unless there gonna do bynum for pierce and rondo

Corey
01-24-2012, 01:29 AM
lakers have nothing to trade unless there gonna do bynum for pierce and rondo

Gasol. Involve a 3rd team that has something the C's want. Gasol goes to third team, Pierce to Lakers, pieces from 3rd team to Celtics.

utl768
01-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Gasol. Involve a 3rd team that has something the C's want. Gasol goes to third team, Pierce to Lakers, pieces from 3rd team to Celtics.

i dont see how that makes any sense for the lakers though

who plays PF for them then

and why add another guy who needs the ball in his hands constantly

KingPosey
01-24-2012, 01:34 AM
lmaoo r u crazy? They gunna give up Bynum nd gasol for pierce nf Garnett??? Lnaoooo

notice the big *** word "OOOOORRRRRR" he put in there. OR. OR. OR. OR. OR. EITHER..... OR.

Sportfan
01-24-2012, 01:44 AM
i dont see how that makes any sense for the lakers though

who plays PF for them then

and why add another guy who needs the ball in his hands constantly
lol what?

His USG% is in the low 20s. If he can coexist with KG+Allen the first year he can do it with Kobe.

LakersLockdwn
01-24-2012, 02:16 AM
just messing around with the trade machine

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7e479kn or
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=87ofdwh

ghettosean
01-24-2012, 02:38 AM

People said the samething a month back or so about the CP3 to L.A deal happening and I said one thing. Get a 3rd team involved and who knows what can happen and they did and if not for Stern that deal would have been done.

If a 3rd team gets involved who knows what will happen but if we are talking getting this done straight up there is no way it happens.

cutiepie80
01-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Noone can help this Lakers team because their bench is downright putrid.

Celtics33
01-24-2012, 05:23 AM
I don't understand why the Lakers would pursue Pierce. I was under the assumption that they were looking to make a move to acquire Dwight Howard and in a subsequent trade get a PG. I couldn't imagine Pierce in a Lakers Jersey. I always hoped that he would retire a Celtic.

MackShock
01-24-2012, 05:32 AM
garnett and allen are expirings..plenty of cap space for the lake show to land 2 superstars next offseason.

xbrackattackx
01-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Lakers get Pierce,Garnett,Allen and Oneal for Bynum,Gasol,MWP and Ebanks

Lakers restructure Pierce and Bryants Contract with two more years and to be extemely back heavy. Like starts at five million and ends up at the 25-30 million on last two years.

Then the lakers sign Dwill and Dwight. resign Garnett and Allen to MlE or Min.

Deron/Blake
Kobe/Allen
Pierce/Barnes
Garnett/Mcbob/Murphy
Howard/Oneal

Then celtics flip Gasol,Stesima,Bradley and Ebanks and a Pick to Houston for Kmart,Twill,Hill,Flynn and Scola

Rondo//Flynn
Kmart/Twill
Green/MWP/
Scola/Bass
Bynum/Hill

I'm for it!

LakersSaintsLSU
01-24-2012, 02:48 PM

Lakers restructure Pierce and Bryants Contract with two more years and to be extemely back heavy. Like starts at five million and ends up at the 25-30 million on last two years.

Deron/Blake
Kobe/Allen
Pierce/Barnes
Garnett/Mcbob/Murphy
Howard/Oneal

Then celtics flip Gasol,Stesima,Bradley and Ebanks and a Pick to Houston for Kmart,Twill,Hill,Flynn and Scola

Rondo//Flynn
Kmart/Twill
Green/MWP/
Scola/Bass
Bynum/Hill

I'm for it!

Man hll no ill take ray,but all three?:facepalm:

BradfordIsElite
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
The only player on the Celtics worth trading for would be Rondo. How could the Lakers acquire any big named player without including Gasol or Bynum.
Of the former "Big 3", Pierce I would imagine is going to be the hardest to get.

SaimuKala
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM

Deron/Blake
Kobe/Allen
Pierce/Barnes
Garnett/Mcbob/Murphy
Howard/Oneal

Rondo//Flynn
Kmart/Twill
Green/MWP/
Scola/Bass
Bynum/Hill

I'm for it!

Do you really think it will happen?:D

xbrackattackx
01-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Man hll no ill take ray,but all three?:facepalm:

I know man, but I was saying what if, No way that team could lose..Howard covering garnetts age and garnett pumping everyone up. Ray being a sixth man. pierce and Kobe hit clutch shots and deron feeding all of them ,deron would avg 15 dishes a night.

Do you really think it will happen?:D

Would be good for both teams celtics get way younger and lakers are put in win now and the next few years mode with a couple of younger pieces to transition to in Dwight and Williams.

Corey
01-27-2012, 10:22 PM

Your welcome!

You're welcome.

Pierce is having a career low in scoring, shooting the second worse fg% of his career, is having trouble finishing at the rim, and came in to camp flabby, out of shape, and gimpy. He's also 34 (a Paul Pierce 34, not to be confused with a Kobe 34). Now you can say the season is still young and he may eventually magicly get in shape which may be true but I wouldn't risk a good player on it.

Anything else?
You were saying?

Sportfan
01-28-2012, 05:09 AM
and the haters went silent :shush:

Trueblue2
01-28-2012, 08:43 AM
:facepalm::facepalm: does anyone know how a TPE works???

You can't trade a TPE, a TPE is created when a team sheds salary in a trade and they can take on salary in a future trade. You CAN'T just send it to another team.

JOSKOMANG4
01-28-2012, 09:45 AM
3 way deal!!

- Rockets acquire PF P.Gasol & SF M.World Peace
- Lakers acquire SF P.Pierce & PF L.Scola
- Celtics acquire C H.Thabeet, SG K.Martin, & Rockets 2012 1st rd pick.

Then in some crazy way.. the rockets can flip the contract of Metta world Peace in a 3-way deal w/the Nets & knicks!

- Knicks acquire PG D.Williams & SF M.World Peace
- Nets acquire SF Melo & PG J.Flynn
- Rockets acquire C J.Petro & 2012 1st rd pick(v/Nets).

Spencesc11
01-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Lakers need to call Houston and work this out

Pau Gasol and their best 2012 #1 draft pick for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, and Terrence Williams

Lakers get quick PG, solid PF to play with Bynum, and a better SF who can split time with Barnes.

Rockets get solid big and a draft pick to help rebuild.

Best 2012 draft scenario for Rockets - 3 picks
They get Terrence Jones SF Kentucky, Kendal Marshall PG UNC, and John Henson PF UNC.

2012-13 Rockets
Starting 5 - Marshall, K. Martin, T. Jones, Henson, and Gasol

* Could work out favorably for both teams.

Corey
01-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Lakers need to call Houston and work this out

Pau Gasol and their best 2012 #1 draft pick for Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, and Terrence Williams

Lakers get quick PG, solid PF to play with Bynum, and a better SF who can split time with Barnes.

Rockets get solid big and a draft pick to help rebuild.

Best 2012 draft scenario for Rockets - 3 picks
They get Terrence Jones SF Kentucky, Kendal Marshall PG UNC, and John Henson PF UNC.

2012-13 Rockets
Starting 5 - Marshall, K. Martin, T. Jones, Henson, and Gasol

* Could work out favorably for both teams.

Makes no sense for the Rockets to trade Lowry. At all.

spreadeagle
01-29-2012, 07:33 AM
3 way deal..Lakers get Pierce Calderon, Raptors get Rondo Artest,Celts get Gasol Derozan Bayless Ed Davis.