PDA

View Full Version : The Magic have inquired about Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

NYman15
01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
According to Stephen A Smith, the Magic have inquired about Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler of the New York Knicks. I don't know how the deal would look, but maybe something like Amare and Tyson for Dwight and Hedo. I don't know how likely it it, but here's the link.

Go to 2:51 p.m. and that's when Stephen A. talks about his latest info.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?s=nyc

Thoughts?

HouRealCoach
01-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat if im the knicks but I doubt its true

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Chandler can't be traded until March 1st.

justinnum1
01-22-2012, 05:28 PM
damn

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Chandler can't be traded until March 1st.web I'd the deadline?

LTBaByyy
01-22-2012, 05:30 PM
This is false

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 05:33 PM
knicks should jump all over it.

but its kinda stupid i mean.

Deng+Noah

Gasol+ Bynum

are both of them better deals for orlando

JordansBulls
01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
According to Stephen A Smith, the Magic have inquired about Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler of the New York Knicks. I don't know how the deal would look, but maybe something like Amare and Tyson for Dwight and Hedo. I don't know how likely it it, but here's the link.

Go to 2:51 p.m. and that's when Stephen A. talks about his latest info.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?s=nyc

Thoughts?

You do this if you are Orlando.

Punk
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Clearly BS but of course you do that trade.

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM
It's not that far-fetched... Magic have an owner who just wants to win now, period. Even if Amare's contract likely to be a detriment 2 years from now. And Chandler... well he's just grossly overpaid, but still. They're still very much functional players if they can play with an actual pg and not a black hole in Melo.

At the very least, with those 2, plus their slew of nice role players in Jameer, Anderson, Redick, J-rich gives them a chance to at least be a 2nd round team. That team would remind me of the last year's Knicks pre-Melo, but with better defense thanks to Chandler and a better coach.

Obviously it would be more prudent for them to just tank after Howard is dealt, but again, I think they seem to put more priority in just winning. Even if it kinda eliminates them from any chance of ever winning it all.

Obviously you do it if you're the Knicks and can possibly give them that big 3 dream they were looking for, only with Deron joining the fold.

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM

Not if your goal is a championship.

But if you wanna be a 2nd round caliber team for next few years and win 45 to 52 games a year, then sure.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM
web I'd the deadline?

What?

Raph12
01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
No way we take Stat and his busted *** knees and Chandler is overrated.

jeter 2
01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
I think this trade is going to get a lot more attention in a month.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:43 PM
web I'd the deadline?

What? wen is the deadline?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 05:43 PM
wen is the deadline?

After the ASG in February.

nycericanguy
01-22-2012, 05:44 PM
It's not that far-fetched... Magic have an owner who just wants to win now, period. Even if Amare's contract likely to be a detriment 2 years from now. And Chandler... well he's just grossly overpaid, but still. They're still very much functional players if they can play with an actual pg and not a black hole in Melo.

At the very least, with those 2, plus their slew of nice role players in Jameer, Anderson, Redick, J-rich gives them a chance to at least be a 2nd round team. That team would remind me of the last year's Knicks pre-Melo, but with better defense thanks to Chandler and a better coach.

Obviously it would be more prudent for them to just tank after Howard is dealt, but again, I think they seem to put more priority in just winning. Even if it kinda eliminates them from any chance of ever winning it all.

Obviously you do it if you're the Knicks and can possibly give them that big 3 dream they were looking for, only with Deron joining the fold.

agreed, and NY could absorb Hedo's contract as well. Both teams would be dangerous.

Chandler
Amare
Anderson
Rich
Nelson

Howard
Hedo
Melo
Fields
Davis/Shumpert

And while NY would have a bit of a hole at PF, don't forget that Kmart will be back next month and Melo is already in his ear campaigning him to NY and NY saved their MMLE. Put Kmart at PF and that is just an insanely beastly frontline.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
btw, Ny should Ask for Fran Vazquezs draft rights in the trade.

That way they get a replacemente PF for next year , he is a Fa after the season and already considered coming over this year but lockout made him sign a 1 year extension.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
wen is the deadline?

After the ASG in February.

No it's on March 15th, pushed back due to the shortened season.

agreed, and NY could absorb Hedo's contract as well. Both teams would be dangerous.

Chandler
Amare
Anderson
Rich
Nelson

Howard
Hedo
Melo
Fields
Davis/Shumpert

The Magic can't play Anderson at SF and he doesn't have the mobility to guard anyone that size and I think the Knicks may want Baby in return as well to play PF or something.

I doubt any of this happens though.

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Why would orland want an injury prone guys thats got 4 years with 20 million per year? I mean no doubt Id do this deal but I doubt its true.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:51 PM

Chandler
Amare
Anderson
Rich
Nelson

Howard
Hedo
Melo
Fields
Davis/Shumpert

And while NY would have a bit of a hole at PF, don't forget that Kmart will be back next month and Melo is already in his ear campaigning him to NY and NY saved their MMLE. Put Kmart at PF and that is just an insanely beastly frontline. lmaoo. Knicks dangerous? They can't win with chandler and stat but with Dwight nd torgolou they are dangerous??? Is this a joke? The entire Knicks franchise is based on magical free agent scenarios that never Pan out, just like lenron annoaul

nycericanguy
01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Ny can actually absorb Hedo AND Duhon in that scenario... and I'm sure NY would actually like Duhon back, he played well for Mike.

Chandler
Amare

for

Howard
Hedo
Duhon

shep33
01-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow Orlando would be taking back over 140 mill in this deal just with those two players...

If they do this, they're locked in for the next 4-5 years with a Stat and Chandler frontline. Also both are going to be 30 soon, and both have come out of high school which equals more miles than usual. Orlando will have very little room to flip these guys in the future, I mean nobody wants Amare's deal right now. So in 2 years it looks even worse.

nycericanguy
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow Orlando would be taking back over 140 mill in this deal just with those two players...

If they do this, they're locked in for the next 4-5 years with a Stat and Chandler frontline. Also both are going to be 30 soon, and both have come out of high school which equals more miles than usual. Orlando will have very little room to flip these guys in the future, I mean nobody wants Amare's deal right now. So in 2 years it looks even worse.

they both only have 3 years left on their deals after this season. Amare's been healthy for a long time now.

ORL SHOULD go the young players route, but their owner is 85 and if he wants veterans I don't think you can do better than Amare/Chandler unless LA offers Bynum & Gasol.

with the contracts they gave to Davis & J-Rich, ORL is pretty much capped out anyway. NY could at least take back Hedo & Duhon.

topdog
01-22-2012, 05:57 PM
This is the best trade idea out there I have seen with what Orlando and New York each have been looking for. (Orlando wants to stay competitive before the owner dies).

The irony of course would be if Deron Williams went to Orlando instead of New York.

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
lmaoo. Knicks dangerous? They can't win with chandler and stat but with Dwight nd torgolou they are dangerous??? Is this a joke? The entire Knicks franchise is based on magical free agent scenarios that never Pan out, just like lenron annoaul

Howard turk >stat chandler

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
lmaoo. Knicks dangerous? They can't win with chandler and stat but with Dwight nd torgolou they are dangerous??? Is this a joke? The entire Knicks franchise is based on magical free agent scenarios that never Pan out, just like lenron annoaul

Howard turk >stat chandler how bout getting a real coach nf trying to build ur team thru the draft like the bulls nf thunder

MagicBucsSox
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Lmao only new York media hear these "rumors"

metsfanssince05
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I would bust in my pants if that would actually happen.

Punk
01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
If this is true, please do this trade. This means Dwight and Deron can enter free agency, take less and sign with us.

Deron
Fields
Melo
Hedo
Dwight

NYman15
It would be appealing to NY because you'd arguably have the best offensive player in the league, at least 1 of the best, and the best defensive player in the league. However, you'd arguably be giving up 2 all stars for 1 all star. Interesting trade for both teams.

Punk
If this is true, please do this trade. This means Dwight and Deron can enter free agency, take less and sign with us.

Deron
Fields
Melo
Hedo
Dwight

NYman15
It would be appealing to NY because you'd arguably have the best offensive player in the league, at least 1 of the best, and the best defensive player in the league. However, you'd arguably be giving up 2 all stars for 1 all star. Interesting trade for both teams.

KnicksR4Real
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Good trade for both teams

MagicBucsSox
01-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Otis has already said his IS NOT interested in amare. Ny needs to move On and stop just adding ppl

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
its probably just otis trying to drive up the price so jim buss goes back in his idea of not surrendering both gasol and bynum

Punk
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Otis has already said his need interested in amare. Ny needs to move On and stop just adding ppl

:confused:

melo15amare1
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
its probably just otis trying to drive up the price so jim buss goes back in his idea of not surrendering both gasol and bynum

Its going to be interesting because it looks like Kobe pist off Dwight by saying it was his team. In addition, I think the Lakers can't afford to give up both Gasol and Bynum for Howard and Turk because they lack depth. If they Lakers trade both Gasol and Bynum for Howard and say Turk, they lack a true power forward and point guard where as the Knicks pretty have all those covered.

In my opinion, the Lakers are better off trading Gasol and Bynum for pieces, not a superstar.

shep33
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM

i probably wouldn't doubt it

shep33
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Its going to be interesting because it looks like Kobe pist off Dwight by saying it was his team. In addition, I think the Lakers can't afford to give up both Gasol and Bynum for Howard and Turk because they lack depth. If they Lakers trade both Gasol and Bynum for Howard and say Turk, they lack a true power forward and point guard where as the Knicks pretty have all those covered.

In my opinion, the Lakers are better off trading Gasol and Bynum for pieces, not a superstar.

Multiple superstars don't win titles, good solid all around teams do however. If LA trades one of Gasol or Bynum for say 3 players that can fill the holes in their roster, they're probably better than before. I don't think having 3 very good scoring options is a good thing.

Mr.Wiskers
01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Otis Smith knows he's gotta trade Howard before deadline if he's gonna get anything in return for him. Let the next guy take a chance on losing him for nothing. AND he would have to trade him for less if Howard refuses to sign/negotiate a new contract with the team who gets him. It's a good deal for Orlando they get out from under Turgolu contract which has a trade kicker and they get a 2 All-star bigs.

kjoke
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Gasol and Bynum money and picks for Howard and Nelson and Hedo

Nelson
Kobe
Hedo
McRoberts
Howard

shep33
01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Gasol and Bynum money and picks for Howard and Nelson and Hedo

Nelson
Kobe
Hedo
McRoberts
Howard

That's actually a pretty good lineup lol.

MagicBucsSox
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
That's actually a pretty good lineup lol.

Problem is

Duhon
Richardson
Richardson
Gasol
Bynum

Isn't

Denver-boy
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I think the NY post got excited and made this up, its typical, I seen this one a mile away, not to say its not a legit trade, but Id much rather have Bynum or Noah. Magic just needs to get picks, and theyre set in those other trades

LakersKB24
01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Problem is

Duhon
Richardson
Richardson
Gasol
Bynum

Isn't

Still better than

Nelson
Richardson
Hedo
Anderson
-

There is no trade that can replace Howard. They will get worse no matter what. The dumbest thing the Magic could do is hold on to Dwight until the end of the season and just let him walk because with Dwight they will make the playoffs. They have to rebuild after the season anyways and a late 1st rounder in a very deep 2012 draft class won't really help much.

Dramedy
01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
I could see the Knicks asking for Jameer Nelson. Maybe something like Amare, Tyson, Baron, Iman and Toney for Dwight, Jameer and Hedo.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
I think if ure Orlando, u ask for Shumpert and Landry. Maybe something like Shumpert/Fields/STAT/Chandler/1strounder for Dwight/Turk/Duhon

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-22-2012, 07:05 PM
And then Knicks sign DWill in the summer. A big 3 of Melo-Dwight-Dwill

shep33
01-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Problem is

Duhon
Richardson
Richardson
Gasol
Bynum

Isn't

I agree, Orlando should then package Gasol + Richardson for a couple young studs. This way they get rid of the odd J-Rich signing. Maybe for Monta?

I doubt Howard goes to the Lakers in all truth. I think he stays or goes to NJ or Dallas in the offseason (maybe via draft day trade).

--23--
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
that would be a good trade for both teams

Bruno
01-22-2012, 07:11 PM

exactly shep. zero contract flexibility for two front court players who are both 29. amare has showed signs of decline, and chandler is over paid. but hey, orlando has had zero problem bringing on massive contracts in the past, maybe they fold on this. but here is the argument against the Knicks...140 million big ones.

Punk
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I could see the Knicks asking for Jameer Nelson. Maybe something like Amare, Tyson, Baron, Iman and Toney for Dwight, Jameer and Hedo.

I'd rather have Glen Davis lol

Glen Davis/Dwight/Hedo/Duhon for Amare/Tyson/Toney/Baron.

I want Iman nowhere near a trade.

shep33
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
exactly shep. zero contract flexibility for two front court players who are both 29. amare has showed signs of decline, and chandler is over paid. but hey, orlando has had zero problem bringing on massive contracts in the past, maybe they fold on this. but here is the argument against the Knicks...140 million big ones.

Yeah, if they do this they're just screwed for a long long time. I'd be shocked if they did

Punk
01-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Amare is healthy as a horse. Nothing wrong with him whatsoever but he is lacking a PG in the worse way which is why he has declined offensively.

Chandler isn't overpaid. He's done his role tremendously. How is he overpaid compared to Nene and Jordan?

The Magic would rather take on guys who have 4 years left on a deal than to spend money trying to keep their brand new arena alive after losing their star player.

I doubt contracts are what they are worried about. They would still be a playoff team, still sell out, still win games which is the the key.

The only thing Orlando would be worried about is what happens with Ryan Anderson because they have to pay him or lose him.

MTL_123
01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
if im Orlando im gonna try and take as much as i can get from the knicks if im tradeing D12 Amare Chanler shumper fields some picks just like denver did to them

ClippersE.G
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
For the impact (or lack there of) Chandler has had The Knicks could have just signed any young tall guy from the D-League and molded him into a defensive presence or something. Not only did they get rid of Billups to get Chandler but then gave hime 10 mil a year. Yikes....

Punk
01-22-2012, 07:42 PM
if im Orlando im gonna try and take as much as i can get from the knicks if im tradeing D12 Amare Chanler shumper fields some picks just like denver did to them

That won't work. The Knicks will always have the advantage in the trade because Amare/Chandler's contracts will force Orlando to have to give up someone on their team for the trade to work. So, It can't be one sided.

Besides the Knicks didn't really give up alot at all considering Chandler isn't even in the NBA and Mozgov isn't an impact player.

The problem was the fact our "coach" didn't want to play Brewer or Shelden Williams who could have been great role players to keep.

Orlando would have to give up Duhon/Hedo/Dwight if they want Shump, Fields.

Federal Reserve
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
The Knicks should trade Amare/Chandler + others for Howard/Turk + others. And then trade Melo for Williams and Brooks.

nycericanguy
01-22-2012, 08:00 PM
For the impact (or lack there of) Chandler has had The Knicks could have just signed any young tall guy from the D-League and molded him into a defensive presence or something. Not only did they get rid of Billups to get Chandler but then gave hime 10 mil a year. Yikes....

Tyson CHandler has been great in NY, not his fault at all that NY isn't winning. He is really the only guy on that roster playing to his career expectations. Everyone else is having career low years.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Why in the world would Orlando do that? You want not one but two vastly overpaid players? They're playing good ball, better off waiting it out or go the New Orleans route and get good young talent and contracts...

bmd1101
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Lmao only new York media hear these "rumors"

Every player thats "availible" the Knicks are linked via Media. Gettin old, like the 20th player in this 1 month old season.

FriedTofuz
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
that would be a very good trade for the knicks. The magic should just try to aquire another signifcant piece to keep howard around. I mean, howard is already on a contending team, they just need to get one more piece to put them over the top.

Bornknick73
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Why would orland want an injury prone guys thats got 4 years with 20 million per year? I mean no doubt Id do this deal but I doubt its true.

because their owner is on his last legs and doesnt want to die becoming the next Dan Gilbert. He wants to stay competitive in his waning years. Let the people taking over the team after hes gone worry about that.

If i was a old rich geezer getting ready to croak soon Id do it.

VillaMaravilla
01-22-2012, 08:31 PM
That won't work. The Knicks will always have the advantage in the trade because Amare/Chandler's contracts will force Orlando to have to give up someone on their team for the trade to work. So, It can't be one sided.

Besides the Knicks didn't really give up alot at all considering Chandler isn't even in the NBA and Mozgov isn't an impact player.

The problem was the fact our "coach" didn't want to play Brewer or Shelden Williams who could have been great role players to keep.

Orlando would have to give up Duhon/Hedo/Dwight if they want Shump, Fields.

how can you say that dude, we gave up the farm and we have suffered for it just look at our record and please stop and dont even dare mention the pg situation as the reason, Gallo, Ill Will, Mozzy, Felton for Melo..........we are 20 and 27 and Denver is something like 32 AND 15 since the trade.....numbers dont lie my dude

dtmagnet
01-22-2012, 08:35 PM
If New York does this, no free agent will ever sign there again for fear of being immediately traded. How disrespectful to trade away two massive free agent signings.

Swift Game
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Agreed. I used to be a big fan of Amare , he has just not been the same player this year. His rebouding has been horrible lately, but he was not a great rebounder in Phoenix either.

Chandler is a good rebounder and good defender.

I think Orlando can do better in another deal.

THE GIPPER
01-22-2012, 08:38 PM

hahaha i hope you're joking

Mr.Wiskers
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I would love to get Howard on the Knicks but you have to admit if Orlando trade Howard and Turgolu to The Lakers for Bynum, Gasol and a 1st rd pick--then dealt Gasol to Houston like NOs was gonna do for Kevin Martin, Scola,Dragic and a 1st. They'd have 3 1st rd picks in what is suppose to be a deep draft. Martin,Scola,Bynum,Dragic would be starters on that team.

Punk
01-22-2012, 08:46 PM
This General board used to be smart...What happened?

Since when the Magic have any leverage? If Dwight says "Matter fact, I want the Knicks or Nets only and If not, I'll leave with nothing" ...They would be forced to trade with either team.

This Amare's knee copout nonsense getting old fast. His knees are fine, his brain is the question.

Chandler was injury prone but healthy as a horse now. Still producing as he did in Dallas. Again, just stop. It's a good trade for both sides. Although, I think we would keep Chandler in the end.

nycericanguy
01-22-2012, 08:54 PM
yea i mean if you want to bash amare because of his defense or rebounding fine, but his health hasn't been an issue in a long time, and he hasn't had any knee problems in a long time.

Its overblown and getting kinda old, its not like he has a 7 year deal, only 3 years left after this season.

smith&wesson
01-22-2012, 08:56 PM
I like it for both teams.

ppl forget amare was GREAT last year for the knicks before melo arived. and chandler will always be a solid defender and a 10 rpg guy.

jeter 2
01-22-2012, 08:57 PM

Since when the Magic have any leverage? If Dwight says "Matter fact, I want the Knicks or Nets only and If not, I'll leave with nothing" ...They would be forced to trade with either team.

This Amare's knee copout nonsense getting old fast. His knees are fine, his brain is the question.

Chandler was injury prone but healthy as a horse now. Still producing as he did in Dallas. Again, just stop. It's a good trade for both sides. Although, I think we would keep Chandler in the end.

Last time I checked, last year we were in simillar position, and we gave Denver everything they wanted. So yeah, the Magic have plenty of leverage. Where are your smarts?

mgsports
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Beasley/Balkman/Douglas/Harrelson to Magic,Ridmour/Orton/Vasquez/Vander One to Knicks and Redick/Duhon to Minnesota?

MTar786
01-22-2012, 09:25 PM
amare + chandler + fields for dwight and hedo. i would do that if i was either team.

MTar786
01-22-2012, 09:27 PM
the knicks would still suck. they always will till they fire dantoni

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Well the Nuggets did mighty well by using the Nets as leverage... now its the Nets turn to trade the farm. I can see this as a false leak by ORL to gain leverage on the Nets by attacking their weakness; the Knicks.

ORL knows that the Nets biggest fear is getting to Brooklyn with nobody while the Knicks are contenders. Deron has already been rumored to have the Knicks on his radar (although he refuted it).

I doubt it will work thou. Until i see a credible reporter claim Dwight has added the Knicks to his list i call BS.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Hahahahaha an overpaid center and a PF with poor health for Dwight?

Not only would that set the Magic back it also makes zero sense.

akagiredsuns
01-22-2012, 09:43 PM

What? Dude, that's the 2nd time in this thread you've wrote nonsense. What the hell is lenron annoaul? :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
01-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Not gonna happen. why the hell would the Knicks already deal Chandler after barely signing him a month ago? And STAT already has bummed knees and a problem with vision at one point in his career that could return. Magic are not making this deal. It ain't gonna happen. Please put the pot away, it's affecting others.

faze38
01-22-2012, 09:58 PM

Deng+Noah

Gasol+ Bynum

Gasol+ Bynum hasn't been offered so that is not possible considering that the Lakers have made it clear they will not do that.

Deng + Noah is not a better deal then Stat and Chandler I mean who is gonna score on that team Stat is a star Deng and Noah are great role players with out Rose Andre tom t they are no better then a fringe 8th seed.

Mr.Wiskers
01-22-2012, 09:58 PM
We go back to the same thing if Howard would grab his balls and just say trade me to the Knicks or I'll wait it out and you get nothing then there wouldn't be a debate over if Amare and Chandler are enough. Plus all I here is Amare and Chandler aren't enough but we're stuck taking on Turgolu's contract has a trade kicker and 3 yrs. left on it.

Marques24kobe
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Is this coming from the same guy who said he gaurenteed Kobe would ask for a trade after the CP3 reneg?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM

What? Dude, that's the 2nd time in this thread you've wrote nonsense. What the hell is lenron annoaul? :facepalm: lebron and Paul

Mr.Wiskers
01-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Let's wait and see what Baron Davis does for us when he comes back. All we need to do is stay in the top 8 till March. Then Melo could make a call to K Mart. And JR Smith--they are both unrestricted free agent who got their money in China, they'll take the minimum to have a chance at a championship. Even Brooks will be available.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Let's wait and see what Baron Davis does for us when he comes back. All we need to do is stay in the top 8 till March. Then Melo could make a call to K Mart. And JR Smith--they are both unrestricted free agent who got their money in China, they'll take the minimum to have a chance at a championship. Even Brooks will be available. and how many games under 500 will the knicks be by then?

VillaMaravilla
01-22-2012, 10:54 PM

lmao really we also thought we had the leverage in the Melo deal and we all now how that worked out

Rndy
01-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Keep dreaming NY nobody is going to bail you out of these atrocious deals.

Mr.Wiskers
01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
There only atrocious when we're losing.

Evolution23
01-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Calm down this is the biggest ******** rumor I ever heard.

Evolution23
01-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Keep dreaming NY nobody is going to bail you out of these atrocious deals.

relax chicago guy. its just a rumor don't get scared.

ManRam
01-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Our stupid/selfish owner probably would love it.

We could be the 6th-8th seed for the next 4-5 years like he wants :sigh:

ManRam
01-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh, and Steven A is a hack. This rumor might as well not exist IMO.

Evolution23
01-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Oh, and Steven A is a hack. This rumor might as well not exist IMO.

you should just close this thread because SAS is a fraud when it comes to rumors.

RLundi
01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Horrible trade for Orlando. Despite how inept he is, no way Otis Smith does this trade.

ManRam
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
you should just close this thread because SAS is a fraud when it comes to rumors.

Meh. Hack or not, he works for ESPN so this is news...nothing wrong with speculating I guess.

Teeboy1487
01-23-2012, 12:06 AM
This might be true or the Magic could be playing the lakers hand. Honestly, this is the best deal especially when the Lakers are not willing to offer Bynum and Gasol.

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 12:27 AM
This might be true or the Magic could be playing the lakers hand. Honestly, this is the best deal especially when the Lakers are not willing to offer Bynum and Gasol.

what about the Nets offer?

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
what about the Nets offer?

Nets offer is garbage. Nobody outside of the Bricks thinks Lopez is all that great. In fact a lot of people IN Jersey aren't convinced that he's all that great, including his coach who constantly criticizes his rebounding.

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Nets offer is garbage. Nobody outside of the Bricks thinks Lopez is all that great. In fact a lot of people IN Jersey aren't convinced that he's all that great, including his coach who constantly criticizes his rebounding.

Nets fans don't seem to think so. They do have a few draft picks to offer.

blahblahyoutoo
01-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Chandler isn't overpaid. He's done his role tremendously. How is he overpaid compared to Nene and Jordan?

because he's making more than them. but they're all overpaid imo.

Young2Kinsler
01-23-2012, 12:59 AM

Raph I still want more pics of that girl in your sig. We need to get all of PSD on the hunt!

blahblahyoutoo
01-23-2012, 01:05 AM

because they can get a better deal elsewhere, namely LA.

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 01:13 AM
because they can get a better deal elsewhere, namely LA.

LA doesn't want to trade both Bynum and Gasol

flatbush knicks
01-23-2012, 01:20 AM
gasol bynum<stat chandler

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 01:21 AM
LA doesn't want to trade both Bynum and Gasol

I think if he goes LA will still be the destination but they would have to get a 3rd team involved. If Im LA I would see about Houston since they were willing to deal with them before. Would still have to give up Gasol to Houston but if you could get Bynum and some Houston players and picks to Orlando and Lakers getting Dwight, a Houston player, and say Turk I think it would work out for all parties.

Orlando wants impact players and to shed Turks contract.

LA_Raiders
01-23-2012, 01:27 AM
lol, thats a BS trade IMO...

Lakers should offer Gasol & Bynum for Howard and Turk...

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 01:29 AM
my bad double post

uprightciti
01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I am interested in a trade.but
..i dont see how this helps the knicks still no pg
But i will take it.
Knicks will still suck

Shhesh

naps
01-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Why would the Magic take on two overrated and massive contracts that won't take the team nowhere near a championship? I would rather let Dwight walk and suck-to-rebuild.

knicks=love
01-23-2012, 01:44 AM
anyone know the latest on this? the trade deadline is march 15th by the way..

knicks=love
01-23-2012, 01:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7490472

ohhh stephen a :rolleyes:

abe_froman
01-23-2012, 01:56 AM
that actually wouldnt be too bad when judged against some other trades thrown out there,amare has sucked this year and that contract looks bad...but he's still a star and can bounce back if he was the featured scorer on a team

BullsFTW
01-23-2012, 02:40 AM

Deng+Noah

Gasol+ Bynum

it's a reporter who's a knicks fan who's just stirring things up. although he was right about the big 3 and got his credibility back again.

DH12/Melo/D-Will for the Knicks?

Who knows

Supa
01-23-2012, 03:54 AM
Orlando just need Knicks to play the role of a competing buyer; Lakers is not going to give up both Bynum and Gasol.

---

Mr_Amaziing
01-23-2012, 04:22 AM
it's a reporter who's a knicks fan who's just stirring things up. although he was right about the big 3 and got his credibility back again.

DH12/Melo/D-Will for the Knicks?

Who knows

That team would be scary

RLundi
01-23-2012, 08:46 AM

Knowledgeable fans know their offer is not garbage. Lopez, Brooks, a most-likely top 5 pick and a few other players in a 3-team (because salaries need to match) is better than whatever garbage the Knicks are trying to peddle. Amar'e and Chandler?

Pass.

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 09:05 AM

Same reason they wanted Gilbert Arenas..

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Not gonna happen. why the hell would the Knicks already deal Chandler after barely signing him a month ago? And STAT already has bummed knees and a problem with vision at one point in his career that could return. Magic are not making this deal. It ain't gonna happen. Please put the pot away, it's affecting others.

This trade wouldn't happen if you were the Magic's gm, and you're not...This rumor seem to have alot of Knick hater scared out of their panties...

bmac
01-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Like someone said before i think this rumor is to stir up the pot for the knick fans cause things arent going so well. I thought theyd be doing better this season myself, but its still early and we dont know what to expect until davis is back.

Now as for thr trade of chandler and amare for howard, i dont think it would be the best trade for orlando. They take on two big contracts who will have 3 years after this season still on the books. The only way i can c this trade go down is howard says he doesnt want to go to LA or nets and there only really left with the knicks. like someone else said before they just built a brand new arena they still need to sell tickets. this would atleast make sure fans still come to the games instead of waiting on a rebuild. If a trade did go down tho it may be a pre cursour for williams to sign in free agency as well since there isnt many other options for him, only in dallas or LA.

I dont think this would be the best trade for the magic tho, i think a trade from LA including gasol and bynum or a 3 team trade with bynum and peices where gasol goes to houston prolly.

Even if the bulls offered up noah asik and gibson that would be better for the majic or a nets trade of lopez brooks and pick, but me personaly if im the nets theyd have a better chance building for the future waiting for howard in free agency, or do a sign and trade for lopez straight up. Atleast lets the nets re sign williams get howard, hopefully resign humpfries and still have brooks at SG and have a pick for your SF.

I kind of feel bad for the magic, but howard gave them some good years, he is one of my fav players, but he wants to win a championship and i dont thinkg orland is built for that. IMO if he went to the knicks for chandler and amre id be really happy for the knicks actually, but if all else fails the nets would be the second best place.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 10:28 AM
its screaming A smith foks...and if otis makes this trade he'll we the worst GM of all time...wait....he might be the one already...

justinnum1
01-23-2012, 10:31 AM
otis smith is the worst gm in the league, so nothing will surprise me.

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Contracts aside, Amare & CHandler are two great players.

Amare was arguably league MVP first half of last year, he's obviously struggled since Melo came, but you're talking about a guy that put up 25, 9 & 2 last year. He's still a top 10 PF even with his struggles, and when he's right he's a top 5 PF.

Chandler is a top 5 center, I was against the signing, but he's really surprised me. He does his job every game, doesn't force bad shots or demand the ball (hence his 70% FG) and he's a great leader/teammate. You put him with Amare, and Ryan Anderson & Reddick spreading the floor, and an actual PG in Nelson, thats a really good team, top 4 or 5 in the east.

If ORL wants veterans and to stay competitive that looks like the best deal out there, unless LA offers Bynum AND Gasol.

Agar81
01-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Orl would win this deal if it was Hedo and Dwight for Amar'e and Chandler...BY FAR. You have to remember that Otis wants to remain competitive. Some might even consider Amar'e+picks for Dwight to be fair.

LongIslandIcedZ
01-23-2012, 10:53 AM
So how ugly is Hedo's contract that ugly? LIke would he set teams back just by being there?

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Or maybe a 3 team deal that gets ORL Amare, Ellis & Biedrins, and gives GSW Tyson Chandler who they badly wanted to sign.

ORL - Amare, Ellis, Biedrins
NY - Howard, Hedo, Duhon
GSW - Tyson Chandler

NYsFinest
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
People are really selling Amar'e short.... he is struggling this year because Melo is playing extremely selfish and the Knicks don't have a single point guard on their roster. With an average PG (Felton) and being the focal point of an offense Amare was an MVP candidate last year, he can easily put up 26 and 9 on the magic with Nelson. Tyson is still one of the best centers in this league and does more to contribute to winning than guys like Lopez.

The talent is there, unfortunately this Knicks team might need a shake-up because they just don't seem to be meshing well.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Orl would win this deal if it was Hedo and Dwight for Amar'e and Chandler...BY FAR. You have to remember that Otis wants to remain competitive. Some might even consider Amar'e+picks for Dwight to be fair.

Are u absolutely kidding me????

We are talking about TOP 3 player in the league. Orl might win the trade if Knicks add a top10 nba player to the trade...but guess what they have NONE.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Contracts aside, Amare & CHandler are two great players.

Amare was arguably league MVP first half of last year, he's obviously struggled since Melo came, but you're talking about a guy that put up 25, 9 & 2 last year. He's still a top 10 PF even with his struggles, and when he's right he's a top 5 PF.

Chandler is a top 5 center, I was against the signing, but he's really surprised me. He does his job every game, doesn't force bad shots or demand the ball (hence his 70% FG) and he's a great leader/teammate. You put him with Amare, and Ryan Anderson & Reddick spreading the floor, and an actual PG in Nelson, thats a really good team, top 4 or 5 in the east.

If ORL wants veterans and to stay competitive that looks like the best deal out there, unless LA offers Bynum AND Gasol.

NBA is all about contracts.

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 11:26 AM
NBA is all about contracts.

ORL is a unique situation because of their owner.

And lets be honest, ORL already has a ton of money tied up in Glen Davis, Reddick, Richardson, & Nelson, and they haven't even paid Ryan Anderson yet who is playing himself into an $8-10m contract. They aren't going to be under the cap anytime soon.

Shedding Hedo & Duhon's contracts in the deal would help.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 11:42 AM
also the age factor, Dwight just turned 26 while amare and tyson are both 29

Kashmir13579
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Are u absolutely kidding me????

We are talking about TOP 3 player in the league. Orl might win the trade if Knicks add a top10 nba player to the trade...but guess what they have NONE.

When is the last time a superstar was traded and the team got back a player of equal value? It certainly wasn't the Pau Gasol trade, not the 'Melo or Chris Paul trade either.

Only on the NBA forum are Amar'e and Chandler useless bums.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
gasol bynum<stat chandler

have a good day sir in NY

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Same reason they wanted Gilbert Arenas..

for rashard lewis

NYsFinest
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
have a good day sir in NY

Bynum, Gasol > Amare, Tyson > Noah, Boozer > Lopez, Brooks

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Or maybe a 3 team deal that gets ORL Amare, Ellis & Biedrins, and gives GSW Tyson Chandler who they badly wanted to sign.

NY - Howard, Hedo, Duhon
GSW - Tyson Chandler

:laugh: So GSW give up their best player and starting C for Chandler?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
When is the last time a superstar was traded and the team got back a player of equal value? It certainly wasn't the Pau Gasol trade, not the 'Melo or Chris Paul trade either.

Only on the NBA forum are Amar'e and Chandler useless bums.

If you look at the Melo, Pau and CP3 trade....all those trades consisted young guys with very cheap contracts, who were going to the team who gave up the superstar...now NY trying to give up 150 millions worth of contracts for dwight and players who are older than howard....just bad trade written all over it.

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
:laugh: So GSW give up their best player and starting C for Chandler?

:confused:

If Ellis is their best player they are not going anywhere. Ellis is a chucker that is doing nothing but stunting Curry's growth.

And Biedrins barely plays for them, he's not exactly part of their long term plans.

Tyson Chandler would dramatically improve that team. If they can turn Monta Ellis into Tyson Chandler AND get rid of Biedrins contract in the process I think that would be an amazing deal for them

Better question is, would ORL want Ellis?

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 12:06 PM
If you look at the Melo, Pau and CP3 trade....all those trades consisted young guys with very cheap contracts, who were going to the team who gave up the superstar...now NY trying to give up 150 millions worth of contracts for dwight and players who are older than howard....just bad trade written all over it.

yes bro we get it, you don't think its a good trade and you think ORL should want younger players.

But you're not the owner, and if the owner says he wants veterans and has no interest in rebuilding then thats what he'll do.

VillaMaravilla
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM

but im sure to you and everyone else in here Kobe and Bynum would be right ? lmao

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM

NY not trying to do anything... Just rumors what's wrong with you people..

Slimsim
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Magic are stupid to consider this. But i guess they are going to try and force LA to offer more than they want to by using NY as leverage

airronijordan
01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I do believe the Magic called about Amare and Chandler, but I believe it's to drive the price up for the Lakers

And if the Lakers don't end up offering Bynum & Gasol, then I can see the Magic actually offering Howard and Turkoglu for Chandler and Amare

Rockice_8
01-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't believe anything anymore. For every 1 story that has some truth to it there are 100 like this. Dolan would be driving them to the airport come March 1st himself.

If anything it's to drive the price up. Need competition or you get crap offers.

MTL_123
01-23-2012, 02:37 PM
i would never trade amare i rather trade melo because one of Dwights problems he keeps on saying is that he doesnt get enough touches. So now you want to pair him up with another player that doesnt pass the ball really?

knicks=love
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
i would never trade amare i rather trade melo because one of Dwights problems he keeps on saying is that he doesnt get enough touches. So now you want to pair him up with another player that doesnt pass the ball really?

:facepalm:

Punk
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Apparently averaging about close to 5 assists per game means you do not pass the ball. I guess you must have to average 7 assists per game to do so.

I just find it hilarious. Melo didn't play defense, he's proven everyone wrong yet It's a new excuse. Meanwhile, Kobe takes the same amount of shots, averages 1 assist less but he's not a ballstopper.

Kashmir13579
01-23-2012, 05:50 PM

Orlando wants to stay competitive. Tyson and Amar'e are a great core if you have pieces to put around them. That really isn't up for debate.

This deal aint happenin' anyway, but if staying competitive is all they care about, its a pretty darn good return.

Kashmir13579
01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Apparently averaging about close to 5 assists per game means you do not pass the ball. I guess you must have to average 7 assists per game to do so.

I just find it hilarious. Melo didn't play defense, he's proven everyone wrong yet It's a new excuse. Meanwhile, Kobe takes the same amount of shots, averages 1 assist less but he's not a ballstopper.

'Melo and Kobe are both playing like bafoons. Kobe might be averaging less assists per game, but more per 100 possessions. (which means he's passing more than 'Melo)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
'Melo and Kobe are both playing like bafoons. Kobe might be averaging less assists per game, but more per 100 possessions. (which means he's passing more than 'Melo)

kobe gets 5.7 assists while Melo 4.2

bringinwood
01-23-2012, 06:07 PM
This is crazy...

If Chandler isn't helping NY, trading him and Amare for Dwight is going to regress them even more...

I love D12, but this is a monumental loss for the Knicks... Unless they can get a legitimate 4 to replace STATs point production, you're just allowing Melo to stagnate the offense that much more...

If i'm Orlando and this deal is on the table, I take it to the bank as fast as I can...

shep33
01-23-2012, 06:20 PM

I love Melo, but Kobe is playing on a different level than Melo right now.

Kobe is averaging 30.5 ppg, 5.6 apg, 5.7 rpg, 1.3 spg and is shooting 46% from the floor.

Melo (again who I love) is averaging 25.7 ppg, 4.2 apg, 6.8 rpg, 1.4 spg on 40% shooting

I like Melo, but Kobe is simply out playing him on every level outside of rebounding. Kobe's PER is also quite higher than Melo's at this point

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I love Melo, but Kobe is playing on a different level than Melo right now.

Kobe is averaging 30.5 ppg, 5.6 apg, 5.7 rpg, 1.3 spg and is shooting 46% from the floor.

Melo (again who I love) is averaging 25.7 ppg, 4.2 apg, 6.8 rpg, 1.4 spg on 40% shooting

I like Melo, but Kobe is simply out playing him on every level outside of rebounding. Kobe's PER is also quite higher than Melo's at this point

In fairness to Melo, this is by far his worst shooting season ever, for his career he's a 46% shooter. I can't imagine him or stat will keep shooting 40% all year.

Really aside from FG% their numbers are similar this year. Kobe is scoring more, but he's also shooting ALOT more than Melo, which is pretty hard to do I might add...lol

shep33
01-23-2012, 06:45 PM
In fairness to Melo, this is by far his worst shooting season ever, for his career he's a 46% shooter. I can't imagine him or stat will keep shooting 40% all year.

Really aside from FG% their numbers are similar this year. Kobe is scoring more, but he's also shooting ALOT more than Melo, which is pretty hard to do I might add...lol

Lol true, both shoot quite a bit. I'm okay with Kobe shooting this much, honestly because he has to for us to have a chance every night. He's also scoring at a good rate, I mean 46% isn't too shabby, that's better than most shooting guards in the league right now.

Melo will pick it up. Once Baron comes back i think the Knicks will be much better on offense.

PHX2daDEATH
01-23-2012, 06:46 PM
You do this deal if your're New York because it gives you a clear shot at D-Will and honestly they can deal Melo for depth after that..you admit both Melo and Amare's deal are losses but who cares, you got Howard and Deron Williams and whatever you can get for Melo...(some team with young talent going nowhere, like GS or Washington are good places for Carmelo )

You do this deal if you are Orlando well just because you hate the Miami Heat...? I don't know..Orlando is winning and New York is not, which makes the deal unlikely for now..unless Otis is getting desperate; Orlando's roster is middle-aged but there seems to be chemistry..Substituting Amare's O and Chandler's D' for Dwight might make them better or worse

RLundi
01-23-2012, 07:10 PM

If Melo was making shots at more than a lowly 40% clip, maybe people would stop whining.

But he's not. Free reign to whine away.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
You do this deal if your're New York because it gives you a clear shot at D-Will and honestly they can deal Melo for depth after that..you admit both Melo and Amare's deal are losses but who cares, you got Howard and Deron Williams and whatever you can get for Melo...(some team with young talent going nowhere, like GS or Washington are good places for Carmelo )

You do this deal if you are Orlando well just because you hate the Miami Heat...? I don't know..Orlando is winning and New York is not, which makes the deal unlikely for now..unless Otis is getting desperate; Orlando's roster is middle-aged but there seems to be chemistry..Substituting Amare's O and Chandler's D' for Dwight might make them better or worse

I totally agree with this post.

kgformvp21
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Does anyone else think dwight is way overrated?:confused:

F-Mart26
01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Doesn't Dwight cap the Knicks out with taking back Turk? How do get deron

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM

Correct. Orlando would have the Knicks match salaries. Knicks would have to absorb Turks contract.

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM

he does, although if Howard gets traded Deron will apparently be on the trade market.

Melo for Deron? :D

airronijordan
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
i'm not sure if this was mentioned but SAS also said today that Otis Smith has given Howard's agent the permission to talk to the Knicks too

Maybe this deal has legs after all...

nycericanguy
01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
i'm not sure if this was mentioned but SAS also said today that Otis Smith has given Howard's agent the permission to talk to the Knicks too

u def gotta get a link for that!

although shouldn't it be the other way around? Howard giving NY the ok?

D12 fan
01-23-2012, 11:25 PM

link or bull.:mad:

Celtics33
01-23-2012, 11:37 PM
If I'm the Knicks I would do this deal. Howard would help the interior defence so much and be a dominant presence in the paint that would open Melo's game up so much.

MagicBucsSox
01-23-2012, 11:43 PM

U know damn well if that was said it'd be all over the net. Some of you ny fans need to stop making **** up. What makes you think that news wouldn't be in ORLANDO FIRST? omg yo just stop fraudin

Federal Reserve
01-23-2012, 11:54 PM
I had dreams of Dwight Howard playing under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden. I envision him behind a dominant force on every part of the floor -- defensive and offensive. Anyone who drives in the paint gets destroyed with a killer block, and any sucker dumb enough to get in Howard's way gets dunked on. It doesn't even matter who the other star player is. Who cares? The Knicks would be the favorites to win it all. Get it done, Dolan.

Mr_Amaziing
01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I want some trades to go down

Lakeshow24KB
01-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I want some trades to go down

lol ikr I wish the deadline would just come already

HOZ THE KNICK
01-24-2012, 12:26 AM
knicks always in the middle of something.

Hugbees
01-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Why are people getting mad over a rumor? Telling someone to take it in stride while throwing a hissy-fit against people who support it is just so hypocritical. I guess the beauty of these forums is its off-kilter environment.

airronijordan
01-24-2012, 03:24 AM
U know damn well if that was said it'd be all over the net. Some of you ny fans need to stop making **** up. What makes you think that news wouldn't be in ORLANDO FIRST? omg yo just stop fraudin

Calm down. Look at earlier post. At first, I thought it was just a rumor to drive the Price up for lakers

And lots of times last year, the ny media picked up on melo updates faster than the Denver media

I'm not saying the Knicks will get Dwight, but if his agent got permission to talk to them then maybe Chandler and Amare are orlandos second option if they dont land Bynum and gasol

And I'll try to find the link now

cutiepie80
01-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Melo/Howard/Davis.........won't beat the heat/bulls/thunder

airronijordan
01-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Here's the link to his full show. I can't listen to it on phone and therefore I dOnt know what time you should skip to

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7495348#

Raph12
01-24-2012, 03:51 AM
If this actually happened, Dwight would be in a Knicks jersey right now...

airronijordan
01-24-2012, 04:30 AM

Chandler can't be traded until March

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7495085

thats the full link, skip to the 5-6 min mark.....thats where he talks about how the Knicks and Clippers have been given permission to talk to Howard's agent

bholly
01-24-2012, 06:24 AM

The bigger problem I have is that if Orlando offered it, New York would do Melo + Chandler or Melo + Amar'e for Howard in a heartbeat. I don't think there's a single package NYK wouldn't give up right now for Howard and Turk.
So are people really dumb enough to believe Orlando are asking for Amar'e, and might actually end up with him, when they could take Melo and Shumpert and whatever else? Or are people delusional enough to think NYK wouldn't do those deals and are hardballing Orlando?

NYY09
01-24-2012, 07:01 AM
The only way any of this matters is if Mike D'Antoni gets traded for Phil Jackson.

Otherwise :puke: with all these rumors already.

Confusious
01-24-2012, 07:19 AM
knicks always in the middle of something.
Including the middle of the Eastern Conference.

MagicBucsSox
01-24-2012, 07:23 AM
If Chandler is traded to GSW for Curry then it's a good deal

NYY09
01-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Including the middle of the Eastern Conference.

Didnt know they were doing that well... :rolleyes:

Mr Grim
01-24-2012, 09:27 AM

I forgot. Orlando is the media capitol of the world. Orlando always has ALL the news. :facepalm:

Rockice_8
01-24-2012, 09:58 AM
This is crazy...

If Chandler isn't helping NY, trading him and Amare for Dwight is going to regress them even more...

I love D12, but this is a monumental loss for the Knicks... Unless they can get a legitimate 4 to replace STATs point production, you're just allowing Melo to stagnate the offense that much more...

If i'm Orlando and this deal is on the table, I take it to the bank as fast as I can...

Orlando fans would like to thank God now that you are not their GM. Dwight does what both of those one dimensional players do but better and for half the cost. How does doing that trade regress NY?

nycericanguy
01-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I find it hilarious how mad some people get if NY is involved in a rumor, its just a rumor, if you don't believe it then why get so upset!

He115ing
01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
The bigger problem I have is that if Orlando offered it, New York would do Melo + Chandler or Melo + Amar'e for Howard in a heartbeat. I don't think there's a single package NYK wouldn't give up right now for Howard and Turk.
So are people really dumb enough to believe Orlando are asking for Amar'e, and might actually end up with him, when they could take Melo and Shumpert and whatever else? Or are people delusional enough to think NYK wouldn't do those deals and are hardballing Orlando?

No Offense but what the hell are you smoking?! Why would the Knicks trade Melo AND Amare for Howard??!!!

Mr_Amaziing
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
LoL, I would love to see Howard get traded to Chicago

Rose - Howard duo would be insane

bmac
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM

NY - Howard, Hedo, Duhon
GSW - Tyson Chandler

I think this trade would be the best idea for all parties involved. I think if you can replace duhon with nelson then it is a great trade for all parties involved. helps the magic become a more well balance team, my concern who is their Pg we saw how ellis did before.

Gives golden state their center they wanted soo bad this off season, but they are giving up a lot of talent for just chandler, if it was that easy y not just trade chandler for ellis and diedrins straight up lol, imagen that having amre anthony and ellis all on the same team lol, OMG you think things are bad now. but no this trade if it where to go down. helps out all teams involved and thats how trades should work in the NBA. Not just some crazy trade idea who has 4 teams involved where everything is completly blowing stuff up to look like a new team, just doesn happen all the time people sorry to burst ur bubble, thats y i play 2k12 a lot i can make my own nba trade dreams come true, but even then i try not to screw the other team too bad.

IF and this is an IF at the end of the year the knicks could come away with howard while keeping anthony or even amare then somehow get williams, ill be a very happy NBA fan. but again more likley to happen in my 2k12 game instead of real life.

bmac
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
No Offense but what the hell are you smoking?! Why would the Knicks trade Melo AND Amare for Howard??!!!

Because weve played 18 game so far. We havnt given players time to adjust together, havnt had a legit PG to run the show yet and we have a loosing record. Time to blow the whole thing up, i love knick fans. They have the best rumors, I remember 4 years ago on this site, the whole lebron thing lol. Im sure most of you remember, me personaly i would have loved to see him and amare team up and let wade and bosh go to miami.

But trading 2 super stars (one former) for one super star never makes sense, i love to c these trade ideas, glad you guys arnt running the team or the knicks would be even more f:::ed. I believe once davis comes back we will c a better knicks team, I dont like dantoni, but there is talent on this team. If everyone can buy into something then i think they could do well come playoff time. But does dantoni even have a system or just score score score is the only way to win.

But whatever that guy is smoking i want some, cause it would make today a bit more interesting while reading these trade rumors.