PDA

View Full Version : Would the Heat be a better team if they traded Wade?

THE GIPPER
01-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I dont think they ever will because Dwade is still the face of the Heat but would the Heat be a better team if they traded him? They are now 6-0 this year without him and Bosh and Bron seem to have really nice chemistry when they play together. So hypothetically, would they be a better team and what kind of player(s) could they get if they traded Wade?

dnewguy
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
:speechless:

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
No Wade makes them a championship team, the role players arent missing any shots right now that wont last they need wade

justinnum1
01-22-2012, 02:02 PM
heat were 7-1 with a healthy wade...went 0-3 when he was injured but still playing...

Means 2 things

A. Miami is deeper than anyone thought
B. A healthy Wade is going to make this team very very scary

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
heat were 7-1 with a healthy wade...went 0-3 when he was injured but still playing...

Means 2 things

I disagree, Wade does make your team scary but i dont think your deep. I just think that lebron and wade play the same game and when one is out they run the P&R with bosh, Bosh was a top pf before he got with the big 3, He is still great,he just doesnt get that shots when wade and lebron both play. Your role players are knocking down 3 after 3 IMO it wont last that way

effen5
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM
But the question is...how often is Wade healthy.

But to answer the question...No....

Heat would be better if Lebron plays the way hes playing even with Wade on the floor.

chadillachembre
01-22-2012, 02:10 PM
They'd be better to trade Lebron for a pg and more

kjoke
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
No. I like to think of it like this: we are adding arguably the 2nd best player in the world to our team when he comes back in a few days or so.

Federal Reserve
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh, look. It's THIS thread again!

theheatles
01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
I disagree, Wade does make your team scary but i dont think your deep. I just think that lebron and wade play the same game and when one is out they run the P&R with bosh, Bosh was a top pf before he got with the big 3, He is still great,he just doesnt get that shots when wade and lebron both play. Your role players are knocking down 3 after 3 IMO it wont last that way

since when does moving change a players basketball skill set? bosh is better and more complete now than he ever was, he just doesn't shoot as much as he would on a non contender...and you are insane in denying miamis depth...miami had haslem and miller last yr but both were broken and haslem died in the finals having no wind after being out the whole yr (he played the bulls on adrenaline and that faded quickly) and miller had broken thumbs, with them healthy that rivals the best 1-2 punch off the bench in the whole league and now throw in shane battier (best kobe stopper currently in the league), a stud rook in cole and the reigning 3 pt champ james jones....you're fooling yourself by discrediting miamis depth...miami is elite in every aspect except coaching and free throw shooting

quade36
01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Another thread. Quite frankly I liked the Norris Cole future allstar threads more. Even the Eddy curry comeback thread. Oh wait what about the battier is the best defender in the league thread.

Actually last years fire spostra six games into the season threads were the best.

No the heat wouldn't be better without wade. Its just silly to think they would.

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
since when does moving change a players basketball skill set? bosh is better and more complete now than he ever was, he just doesn't shoot as much as he would on a non contender...and you are insane in denying miamis depth...miami had haslem and miller last yr but both were broken and haslem died in the finals having no wind after being out the whole yr (he played the bulls on adrenaline and that faded quickly) and miller had broken thumbs, with them healthy that rivals the best 1-2 punch off the bench in the whole league and now throw in shane battier (best kobe stopper currently in the league), a stud rook in cole and the reigning 3 pt champ james jones....you're fooling yourself by discrediting miamis depth...miami is elite in every aspect except coaching and free throw shooting

Im saying he isnt as good because of the lack of shots he takes, like i said. I never said your depth was bad, Im saying it isnt as good as your implying. An allstar game 3 point contest doesnt mean jones is good, He can knock down shots not a bad role player, Haslem and miller arent bad. there not anelite bench thats all im saying.

quade36
01-22-2012, 02:26 PM

Haha. Posted as I posted my response. Its like we can read heat fans minds.....

BradfordIsElite
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
The game changes once the playoffs start, Lbj or Wade obviously can hold the team together in stretches if either one goes down but once playoffs start and every possesion starts meaning something, you want your best players out there at all times.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-22-2012, 02:32 PM
MWP + Walton + Ebanks + Morris + draft picks.

Do it Mitch/Jim!

shellshocked430
01-22-2012, 02:41 PM
why would you bother making this post hahah. would the heat be better without Wade? So because the Clippers have played very well without Chris Paul, they should trade him too?? Come on man, you sound unintelligent. Wade is a future Hall of Famer.. It's a good team without Wade and the best team with him

davids22
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
This thread is basically asking "Why does Team USA for the Olympics just throw all the superstars together? They should build their team on people who compliment each other well instead". And you see what happens when the superstars play together. The Heat got to the Finals and only lost 4 games to get there. With "no bench" and injured role players. But Wade Lebron and Bosh willed there way there. They were gassed by that point. They really look like they've figured something out. Once Wade is back, everyone will get healthy minutes and know their role come playoff time.

It's going to be a whole different ball game for a lot of teams come playoff time. Teams like the Bulls, 76ers, Trailblazers, Thunder, Nuggets are some of the deepest and could honestly make something happened in this shortened season. But I have to go with starpower in the matchup with the Heat.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-22-2012, 02:47 PM

:laugh::laugh: Really?

Young2Kinsler
01-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Wade makes them a solid runner up team

ldawg
01-22-2012, 02:56 PM
No they should not trade him but coming off the bench is a great idea

naps
01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Again?

Wade won't traded because Pat Riley and Micky Ariosn are not prisoner of the moment like some of these stupid retards are. He could be traded only for one player in the world and that's LeBron James. Now go figure.

jpagemn
01-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Yes. They shoud trade him to the Timberwolves. Because he hurts your team so much, we are only going to give you Beas in return.

Signed,
David Kahn.

PS, expect the same from every GM in the league.

OP, cmon man!

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Depends on what they can get for Wade. But I think so. Especially since they have Bosh, he's the key component. It's the difference between what Lebron had in Cleveland vs Miami. With Bosh, he has that other playmaker to help him, when a defense like Thibs' blitzes him. He didn't have that in Cleveland and failed.

So yes, I think Wade should be traded for say... Gortat-Nash-picks since Nash is very good off the ball.

Won't happen, but it would be in their best interest imo.

3-2-1, before Heat fans light me up for my suggestion.

Rosh
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
This won't happen for a million years because it'd be a slap in the face to Wade to trade him from the team he did recruiting for, but Miami would be helped a ton if they traded him for the best C/PG combo they could get plus picks (or bolster that bench).

That would be downright scary.

RLundi
01-22-2012, 04:01 PM

Means 2 things

:rolleyes:

That's what your posts always make me do.

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2012, 04:04 PM
If they could talk Orlando into taking a Wade/Anthony/Chambers deal for Dwight/Nelson, they would be a better team. Or if they did it with LBJ instead of Wade, they'd be better. I'm surprised they arent calling Orlando every day asking them for Dwight. I would be. And I'm sure Dwight would sign an extension if it meant he'd get to play with Bosh and James or Bosh and Wade, and have Haslem coming off the bench.
That team would be sick.

But to answer the question: Would Miami be better if they traded Wade. The answer; It depends on who they got for him.

BULLSFAN0810
01-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Some of you guys are stupid.trade wade? Miami has a deep bench? Battier, miller jones are what you need in a bench?
Trade wade you're foolish.you think miami has a bench, you're foolish.all guys miami rotates play the same position.but I think they can pull it off.but to say a bench?! pass the bud

justinnum1
01-22-2012, 04:17 PM
:rolleyes:

That's what your posts always make me do.

awesome
:facepalm:

NYKnicksAllDay
No.

ldawg
Wade = bench and Let Lebron be Lebron.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-22-2012, 04:18 PM
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/a/f/af4bd_ORIG-Oh_Look_This_thread_again.jpg

Evolution23
01-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Maybe in the regular season but playoff time is Wade time.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Unless you're trading him for Dwight Howard or Kevin Durant... You're getting worse.

ghettosean
01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Unless you're trading him for Dwight Howard or Kevin Durant... You're getting worse.
That's exactly what I was about to say!!!

Rocketsfan85
01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh, look. It's THIS thread again!

Who's the chick in ur sig bro???

ChaseTheMVP
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
No way, it's Wade's team. Players are just stepping up now that he isn't there, but it won't last forever. They'll need him eventually.

mark1125
01-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Ths thread posted every 1.3 days. Oh well......mods love excessive Heat topics anyways.

JordansBulls
01-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Why the hell would the Heat trade the only player who actually brought there franchise a title when that player is only 30 years old? It's stupid. You would trade any other player on the Heat before you ever trade a guy who actually brought your franchise a title.

THE MTL
01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I dont think they ever will because Dwade is still the face of the Heat but would the Heat be a better team if they traded him? They are now 6-0 this year without him and Bosh and Bron seem to have really nice chemistry when they play together. So hypothetically, would they be a better team and what kind of player(s) could they get if they traded Wade?

I am sorry but Dwade was the face of the Heat for maybe the first 10 games of LAST season. The Heat's face is Lebron James. He is the one everyone talks about and when things go wrong he is the first one shunned!

Heat is not a better team without Wade and he gives them the championship X factor. The team is on a roll now and chemistry is flowing, but that does not mean that they are better without Wade.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
He's the best option to trade in Miami. Too bad that he's also the one guy that Miami has loyalty to.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Ths thread posted every 1.3 days. Oh well......mods love excessive Heat topics anyways.

What the hell are you talking about?

TheNumber37
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Lebron for Howard straight up.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Why the hell would the Heat trade the only player who actually brought there franchise a title when that player is only 30 years old? It's stupid. You would trade any other player on the Heat before you ever trade a guy who actually brought your franchise a title.

That doesn't answer the question.

JordansBulls
01-22-2012, 08:02 PM
That doesn't answer the question.

It sure did. Why trade a guy who gave your franchise your only title?

ldawg
01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Sorry but this is Lebrons team now he is the better talent. When wade comes back he should continue to run the show and Wade should take the back seat for the better of the team. Instead of Lebron handing over the keys. Last year was a weird year with the transition but its time to move on. Lebron is to talented to be second in command. He has learn what he needed from Wade now its time to stop playing around and reach his potential and lead this Heat team.

Bornknick73
01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Hell ****ing NO! Get rid of Wade and you'll have the Miami Cavs. He is the heart of that team. Without him they have 0 heart come crunchtime. Unless your gonna go to Haslem for the game winners (he got heart) When the Prince wilted in the Finals, again Wade stepped up and tried to win it himself like he did in the championship year. Shame he cant stay healthy though...(evil Mr.Burns grin)

FriedTofuz
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Last year it was bosh, this year its wade? LOL

Wade > bosh anyday. Trade bosh for a center.

JordansBulls
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Sorry but this is Lebrons team now he is the better talent. When wade comes back he should continue to run the show and Wade should take the back seat for the better of the team. Instead of Lebron handing over the keys. Last year was a weird year with the transition but its time to move on. Lebron is to talented to be second in command. He has learn what he needed from Wade now its time to stop playing around and reach his potential and lead this Heat team.

Sorry no, it is Wade's team still, he is the proven winner here and he brought the franchise it's only title. Only way for Lebron to take it from Wade is by outperforming him on the highest stage by a huge degree.

DeRozan10
01-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Means 2 things

There the same team as last year

They will get beat by deeper teams in the playoff

BH-Sports
01-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Wade is now a liability. He is one of the most injury-prone player in the NBA. Miami fans will never admit it but he is no longer the face of the franchise. It will be hard to trade him since he's been there for a long time but he's becoming more of a liability as time continues.

Shkelqim
01-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Dwight Howard for Wade. I have been saying this forever. Imagine LeBron, Bosh, And Howard. Way too ****ing dominant. That's a monopoly.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Much better. Trade him to LA for Metta World Peace and McRoberts.

ldawg
01-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Sorry no, it is Wade's team still, he is the proven winner here and he brought the franchise it's only title. Only way for Lebron to take it from Wade is by outperforming him on the highest stage by a huge degree.He already has he just shut it down for wade to bring them home but that did not happen.

MTar786
01-22-2012, 09:46 PM
no, but they would be better if they traded lebron for dwight. its funny because in my honest opinion chemistry wise atleast i think lebron and bosh is better than wade lebron and bosh. but i think wade bosh and dwight would be the best of all. bron bosh and dwight would be better.. but i ont see orlando taking wade for dwight

edit. i would trade lebron for wade any day if it were the finals though

justinnum1
01-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Wade is now a liability. He is one of the most injury-prone player in the NBA. Miami fans will never admit it but he is no longer the face of the franchise. It will be hard to trade him since he's been there for a long time but he's becoming more of a liability as time continues.

bowdown27
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Wade to Orlando for Dwight Howard. Book it. Lol But seriously why the hell would anyone trade a top 5 player if he wants to stay there for his whole career ?

Dramedy
01-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Depends what you think. Here's one way to look at it: Wade is probably a little bit more valuable than Carmelo, so let's say they got the package the Nuggets got (with Mario Chalmers replacing Raymond Felton in the package, Felton is more valuable than Chalmers, but Wade is more than Melo so it works). The Heat are looking at a depth chart of:

PG: Chauncey/Cole
SG: Chandler/Battier/Miller
SF: LeBron/Gallo/Jones
PF: Bosh/Haslem/Howard
C: Anthony/Mozgov/Pittman

If you think that team is better, than you'd probably think the Heat would be better if they traded Wade.

naps
01-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Miami would trade the entire team away before even thinking trading Wade. Wade is the face of the franchise. Even his teammates has had the guts to say it in the media. Some of his teammates already said it. Just wait and let him comeback...same punks that are saying trade Wade are gonna say now trade LeBron. I remember after last years finals how many people suggested trading LeBron. PSD is where limitless trolling happens.

M.Bibby2.0
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a liability, but you have a valid point. His value is dropping with his age and health concerns, it might be a lot harder to trade him in the future with his contract. I'm sure Miami and Pat love Wade and wouldn't want to trade him, but if I was the GM I would ship him for a solid center and Pg before his value begins to decline. Especially if it gave the heat some cap flexibility. I liked the Nash/Gortat idea or maybe Jennings/Bogut, Jefferson/Harris, or dwight straight up (doubtful). I think even just acquiring a young stud pg like paul or deron would be better for the team. But since wade is the "face of the franchise" and all, it wont happen.

BH-Sports
01-22-2012, 11:34 PM

Instead of a facepalm, give a valid counter. Injuries that hurt the team the most isn't the ones where a player misses time for a duration but the ones that are day-to-day and when you think he's back, he's day-to-day again. There is a reason why people create "Wade" threads and its because he gets continuously injured even during playoffs.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
It sure did. Why trade a guy who gave your franchise your only title?

No it didn't.

The question is if they become a better team trading Wade for someone else.

Not whether or not you should honour the guy because he won you a title.

If you can get a great talent for Wade, they can arguably be a better team.

ackar
01-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Hell ****ing NO! Get rid of Wade and you'll have the Miami Cavs. He is the heart of that team. Without him they have 0 heart come crunchtime. Unless your gonna go to Haslem for the game winners (he got heart) When the Prince wilted in the Finals, again Wade stepped up and tried to win it himself like he did in the championship year. Shame he cant stay healthy though...(evil Mr.Burns grin)

Came here to read this leaving satisfied.:clap:

naps
01-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Instead of a facepalm, give a valid counter. Injuries that hurt the team the most isn't the ones where a player misses time for a duration but the ones that are day-to-day and when you think he's back, he's day-to-day again. There is a reason why people create "Wade" threads and its because he gets continuously injured even during playoffs.

He missed 109 games in 8 years in the league, 62 of those for that unfortunate shoulder dislocation (which could have happened to anyone) that needed surgery to be fixed. Besides, Wade played 79, 77, 76 games last 3 seasons. I hardly see him as an injury prone player. And I would love to know when he missed games for injury in the playoffs except that game 6 in 2005 ECF against the Pistons.

BH-Sports
01-23-2012, 01:52 AM
He missed 109 games in 8 years in the league, 62 of those for that unfortunate shoulder dislocation (which could have happened to anyone) that needed surgery to be fixed. Besides, Wade played 79, 77, 76 games last 3 seasons. I hardly see him as an injury prone player. And I would love to know when he missed games for injury in the playoffs except that game 6 in 2005 ECF against the Pistons.

He will play the game if he could. What I'm stressing on is the fact that he'll play with injuries resulting in bad games and game-flow issues. Him being day-to-day is a distraction to the team which the players are trying to play with chemistry together. I'm not trying to say Wade is a overrated player, but the fact is the Heat could be better if they could have Wade on the floor or trade him for pieces that they need. Him being absent time to time is a huge distraction that the stats won't show.

JordansBulls
01-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Miami would trade the entire team away before even thinking trading Wade. Wade is the face of the franchise. Even his teammates has had the guts to say it in the media.

:clap:

LA_Raiders
01-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Wade for Bynum, they are both injury prone...

Wade
Kobe
Barnes
Murphy
Gasol

Ebbs
01-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Like I said a year ago. If management decided trading one of the big 3 was the best move than yea Wade should be the one to go

Gram
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
MWP + Walton + Ebanks + Morris + draft picks.

Do it Mitch/Jim!

:laugh: