PDA

View Full Version : If Ricky Rubio makes the All Star team

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 03:06 AM
If Ricky Rubio makes the All Star team this year i hope the NBA is done with this garbage popularity contest of an "All Star" game

West Guards

Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,110,379
Chris Paul (LAC) 835,026
Ricky Rubio (Min) 248,423
Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537
Russell Westbrook (OKC) 167,996
Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972
Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926
Manu Ginobili (SA) 79,821
Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783
Chauncey Billups (LAC) 73,429

Wheres Evans, Lawson maybe even Felton? btw those are the dumbest commercial in the history of commercial making... thanks:facepalm:

greg_ory_2005
01-22-2012, 03:07 AM
He won't.

naps
01-22-2012, 03:37 AM
Yeah, this is absurd. That's why I never paid much attention in this BS. If anything the reserves are more interesting. That's the coaches call. Something you can take seriously.

John Walls Era
01-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Hes not even close to making it...

Take out Rubio and it should be the first 5 guys taking the PG/SG spots.

LakersIn5
01-22-2012, 03:44 AM
i dont have a problem with it. the all star game is a POPULARITY CONTEST. it is made to entertain fans with teams comprised of their favorite players. if you laces-out and others have a problem with whose getting votes then sorry for you because you have your opinion on who should be on the all star game, just like others who are voting for rubio.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Um, Rubio is getting fan votes for a reason, but he is so far behind the top 2 guys, he has no chance. There is no way the coaches vote him in.

He will be there eventually, but its going to be a couple of year for sure.

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 03:53 AM
i dont have a problem with it. the all star game is a POPULARITY CONTEST. it is made to entertain fans with teams comprised of their favorite players. if you laces-out and others have a problem with whose getting votes then sorry for you because you have your opinion on who should be on the all star game, just like others who are voting for rubio.

dude ur stoned... back in the day be4 the internet, All Stars Earned it!!! it should remain the same forever, its not suppose to be a Popularity Contest.... kinda like how the NFL will never have Tebow in a probowl.....the NBA is ran by morons

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 03:59 AM
dude ur stoned... back in the day be4 the internet, All Stars Earned it!!! it should remain the same forever, its not suppose to be a Popularity Contest.... kinda like how the NFL will never have Tebow in a probowl.....the NBA is ran by morons

please dude. All star games and MVP's have been given to players who have no business being there in every sport for eternity.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 04:07 AM
problem is if Paul or kobe do go down with an injury before votations are closed he will INDEED make it.

The real question here is , Does bynum deserve double the vots than Deandre, and three times the votes than Marc Gasol?

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:10 AM
please dude. All star games and MVP's have been given to players who have no business being there in every sport for eternity.

Thats insane MVP'S are Earned u couldnt come up with one MVP that didnt deserve it in any other league for the last 25 years and earning the All star/ProBowler to your name should be earned as well...

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:12 AM
It would be almost as dumb as Kobe Bryant making the NBA All-Defensive team

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Thats insane MVP'S are Earned u couldnt come up with one MVP that didnt deserve it in any other league for the last 25 years and earning the All star/ProBowler to your name should be earned as well...

The current MVP wasn't the best player in his sport in the NBA.

Are you really saying that all star/pro bowl/MVP's are ALWAYS correct? If you are, I honestly can't help ya bud.

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:15 AM

Allen Iverson got voted in in 2010 and Yao made it in 2011 :laugh:

EDIT: If you want other leagues, Brandon Meriweather started the Pro Bowl last season and Scott Rolen was the starting 3B last year in the NL.

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:16 AM

Are you really saying that all star/pro bowl/MVP's are ALWAYS correct? If you are, I honestly can't help ya bud.

awwwwwwww....shitt

:hide:

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:20 AM

no im saying they deserved to be in it... not a rookie who is popular.... and are you saying Rose didnt deserve it last year?? he took a team that was sub .500 to a 62 win season

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:23 AM
no im saying they deserved to be in it... not a rookie who is popular.... and are you saying Rose didnt deserve it last year?? he took a team that was sub .500 to a 62 win season

Rubio is taking the worst team in the league and making them a team that is talked about as a playoff contender.

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Allen Iverson got voted in in 2010 :laugh:

EDIT: If you want other leagues, Brandon Meriweather started the Pro Bowl last season and Scott Rolen was the starting 3B last year in the NL.

MLB All Stars starters are VOTED in as well... thats why im saying to get rid of the "Voting" process it takes the achievements of players out of the equation

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Rubio is taking the worst team in the league and making them a team that is talked about as a playoff contender.

Rubio comes off the bench!!!!!!!!!!! and plays 25-30 mins a game...how is he taking a team into the playoffs as the 6th man and Kevin Love is having a 25 and 14 season might have somthing to do with being a playoff contender

John Walls Era
01-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Rubio comes off the bench!!!!!!!!!!! and plays 25-30 mins a game...how is he taking a team into the playoffs as the 6th man and Kevin Love is having a 25 and 14 season might have somthing to do with being a playoff contender

At least prove to us you watch the games. Hes been starting for the last 5 games.

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:33 AM
BTW among all NBA PGs Rubio is first in steals and double/doubles. He is third (2nd in West) in assists and 6th (4th in West) in rebounding. All this despite being 20th (10th in West) in minutes per game.

PPG is not the only stat

AI4MVP
01-22-2012, 04:34 AM
BTW Among PGs Rubio is first in steals and double/doubles. He is third in assists and 6th in rebounding. All this despite being 20th in minutes per game.

PPG is not the only stat

This

John Walls Era
01-22-2012, 04:37 AM
BTW Among PGs Rubio is first in steals and double/doubles. He is third in assists and 6th in rebounding. All this despite being 20th in minutes per game.

PPG is not the only stat

Hes 8th in Assists, 4th in steals and 4th in double doubles (for PGs).

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:38 AM
At least prove to us you watch the games. Hes been starting for the last 5 games.

and 10 of them were off the bench... also he got the starts cuz of injuries

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:43 AM

not according to ESPN
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/double-doubles/sort/doubleDouble/position/point-guards (2nd now, i'm guessing Nash got another one tonight)
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/assists/position/point-guards
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/steals/sort/steals/position/point-guards

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:45 AM

so ur telling me he DESERVES to be considered an allstar after his 15 game career or better than these guys right now?

Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537
Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972
Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926
Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783

John Walls Era
01-22-2012, 04:47 AM
so ur telling me he DESERVES to be considered an allstar after his 15 game career or better than these guys right now?

Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537
Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972
Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926
Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783

Hell no. I already said that in post number 4.

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 04:48 AM
Hell no. I already said that in post number 4.

thats why he doesnt DESERVE to be considered an allstar... this is my whole argument

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 04:57 AM

Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537
Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972
Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926
Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rubiori01&y1=2012&p2=westbru01&y2=2012&p3=lowryky01&y3=2012&p4=nashst01&y4=2012&p5=kiddja01&y5=2012&p6=billuch01&y6=2012

1st in steals per game, 2nd in rebounds per game, 3rd assists per game, 4th in FG%, 3rd in 3P%, 3rd fewest TO per game.

Also 2nd in DRtg, 3rd in WS, 2nd to lowest USG%,

Not saying he's the best PG in the league now but your arguments are seriously flawed

He may not be the best of that group but depending what you want your PG to do, he is right there.

AP=MVP
01-22-2012, 05:09 AM
Also Mr. Laces-Out, welcome to PSD

LakersIn5
01-22-2012, 05:32 AM

kobe won in 2008 though cp3 should have won it
nash won in 2006 though kobe should have won it

BALLER R
01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Blake griffin was in the allstar game last year why can't rubio be in it this year

Tom Stone
01-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Rubio is amazeing.....he will make the all star game, and make it off the hook......His game is more then flash.......he leads the league right now in steals........ For The people who questioned his defense .....theres your answer.

Laces-Out
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Also Mr. Laces-Out, welcome to PSD

why thank you sir...

jpagemn
01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
I think Love is better than Griffin, but you don't (and won't) see me making a thread about how Love is so far behind Griffin in the voting. Why? because this game is about who you would rather see play a meaningless game made for highlights. Griffin is better at making those highlight dunks and alley oops.
And who is the PG who is showing up on SC and all the top ten plays of the nights for exciting passes and initiating oops? Yup. Ricky Rubio.
This doesnt mean he is better than the list of players you mentioned (plenty of PSD threads about that) it just means fans want another look at the kid, and want to see him make those highlight passes to the mos fun players to watch in the NBA.

TO Rapz
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
I think Love is better than Griffin, but you don't (and won't) see me making a thread about how Love is so far behind Griffin in the voting. Why? because this game is about who you would rather see play a meaningless game made for highlights. Griffin is better at making those highlight dunks and alley oops.
And who is the PG who is showing up on SC and all the top ten plays of the nights for exciting passes and initiating oops? Yup. Ricky Rubio.
This doesnt mean he is better than the list of players you mentioned (plenty of PSD threads about that) it just means fans want another look at the kid, and want to see him make those highlight passes to the mos fun players to watch in the NBA.

This is what I was about to post. Thanks for saving me time. :up:

also, welcome to PSD laces.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM

There you unmasked yourself as a plain and simple hater.

NYKnicks
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
he doesnt deserve it at all

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 01:46 PM
he doesnt deserve it at all

nor did griffin last year.

smith&wesson
01-22-2012, 01:49 PM
well at least he is an active player. yao ming would still get voted in if he was in the nba but on cruches.

Federal Reserve
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Based on this year only, Kyle Lowry has been playing like the number one point guard in the NBA. But most people either have no clue who he is, or if they have heard of him they have no clue how good he is.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Based on this year only, Kyle Lowry has been playing like the number one point guard in the NBA. But most people either have no clue who he is, or if they have heard of him they have no clue how good he is.

Agree.

BradfordIsElite
01-22-2012, 02:16 PM

At least he pointed out that Love is having an incredible season, and yes Rubio is playing great and surprising many people. These two have very bright futures and once Williams starts to develop his game their going to be real good.

topdog
01-22-2012, 02:25 PM
One, you look like an idiot calling the situation "gay." Please stop.

Two, Rubio is way off from second place.

Three, "star" is defined by renown and popularity so the game in essence isn't necessarily about the best players.

Four, Rubio isn't coach-selection worthy yet, but he will be eventually.

Ezio
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Rubio is going to the ASG... To play for the rookie team.

alencp3
01-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Um, Rubio is getting fan votes for a reason, but he is so far behind the top 2 guys, he has no chance. There is no way the coaches vote him in.

He will be there eventually, but its going to be a couple of year for sure.

Couple?
He is getting in next year for sure. Everyone is on his dick, cant believe CP3 will have to come off the bench for years to come

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 03:25 PM

No, he didn't. Rose was the best player on the best defensive team, and arguably the deepest team in the NBA. The Bulls underachieved and missed the playoffs after 2 strong years making the playoffs, and jumped 12 teams to get him.

Iverson winning MVP was a joke. Iverson and Carter making all star teams because of cool dunks and plays 5 years prior is a joke. Nash winning back to back MVP's is a joke.

The point is, its always going to happen, where the best player may not win MVP, and the correct 24 players get into the all star game. It has always happened dude.

Rubio won't make it this year in all reality. And he shouldn't. In a couple of years, he will be there, but not yet.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 03:28 PM

I mentioned this in the Wolves board. Would you rather watch Blake smash down dunks all night, or Love go all fundamental and grab rebounds and hit a 3? Would you rather watch Paul make a simple pass on a kick out, or Rubio with a no look behind the back lob to a dunker?

The fans vote in flash. Couple that with a huge hispanic vote that will come with Ricky over the next decade, and he is going to be there multiple times.

I still don't get why so many think making the all star team is some vindication that a player is better then another. Sure I was pissed when Love was left off last year initially, but it was because his level of play should have put him there. Rubio's level of play is not quite at all star level, so I am not losing any sleep over him not making it.

iam brett favre
01-22-2012, 03:29 PM
He deserves to be the starter.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Couple?
He is getting in next year for sure. Everyone is on his dick, cant believe CP3 will have to come off the bench for years to come

fans vote dude. How many years did we watch an inferior Vince Carter or Yao Ming go? As long as fans get to vote the starters in, they will vote flash over substance 10/10 times.

Rosh
01-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Good thing it wasn't the Best Player In His Sport Award, or that would have been bogus.

scion52
01-22-2012, 09:16 PM

Ignorance and stupidity, all at their finest.

Instead of bashing Rubio based on short Sportscenter highlights, why don't you do yourself a favor and get NBA League Pass. Watch a week's worth of Wolves games. Maybe you might change your mind about him.

I feel like a lot of people are hating on this kid because he's doing **** their star point guards can't. Like making ridiculous passes, that Ricky doesn't just do because he's trying to be flashy, but that he's actually taking the defense off balance with the way he passes the ball. He sees plays before they happen. And all this crap I keep reading about from idiots on here saying that he can't shoot and he'll never be a great scorer. When you're making your teammates better with your passing, you don't need to focus on being the highest scorer in the game. Ricky is a great PG and he's only gonna get better beyond this point.

THE MTL
01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
If Ricky Rubio makes the All Star team this year i hope the NBA is done with this garbage popularity contest of an "All Star" game

West Guards

Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,110,379
Chris Paul (LAC) 835,026
Steve Nash (Pho) 188,537
Kyle Lowry (Hou) 132,972
Monta Ellis (GS) 105,926
Jason Kidd (Dal) 79,783

Wheres Evans, Lawson maybe even Felton? btw those are the dumbest commercial in the history of commercial making... thanks:facepalm:

Man, the PSD is really having problems with these "knee-jerk, venting, complaining" threads.

Seriously dude, Chris Paul has over 3 times the amount of votes as Ricky Rubio. He's not even close to making a starter.

Relax, the Allstar game as well as the entire weekend is just as much for the fans as it is for the players.

MTar786
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
rubio is the man

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Rubio making an allstar team? A) He wont. B) He wont. C) When Chris Paul, Russy Westbrook, Tony Parker, and Monta Ellis (if they can ever get a winning record) start getting ready to retire he will get one of their spots.......

Hellcrooner
01-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Rubio making an allstar team? A) He wont. B) He wont. C) When Chris Paul, Russy Westbrook, Tony Parker, and Monta Ellis (if they can ever get a winning record) start getting ready to retire he will get one of their spots.......

lol.

You are between 365 and 730 days away from being Really pissed off.

Unless Paul or Kobe get injured before votations are close, then you are 45 days away.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 10:23 PM
lol.

You are between 365 and 730 days away from being Really pissed off.

Unless Paul or Kobe get injured before votations are close, then you are 45 days away.

He will never get more votes than Kobe or CP3 so he'll never start. And its going to take more than 1 to 2 years for him to be on the same level as Westbrook, Parker, or even Nash.

The kid is good and has potential but lets deal in reality friend.....

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 10:34 PM

you severely underestimate how much the media and general fans have already fallen in love with Rubio. There is no way he doesn't make a few all star games at the very least.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
He will never get more votes than Kobe or CP3 so he'll never start. And its going to take more than 1 to 2 years for him to be on the same level as Westbrook, Parker, or even Nash.

The kid is good and has potential but lets deal in reality friend.....

dealing in reality has never been what getting accolades is about man. There have been so many MVP's, all-NBA players, and all stars, all NBA defenders, that really had zip business being there, its not even funny.

Flash wins awards, and Rubio has that coming out of every pour.

LA_Raiders
01-23-2012, 03:19 AM
He might make it... if the coach likes his game...

Rosh
01-23-2012, 03:31 AM
No, he didn't. Rose was the best player on the best defensive team, and arguably the deepest team in the NBA. The Bulls underachieved and missed the playoffs after 2 strong years making the playoffs, and jumped 12 teams to get him.

Well, I know of someone who didn't watch Rose enough last season.