PDA

View Full Version : Is Carmelo Anthony a superstar?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Never considered Jim one,great scorer,can't play defense,underrated passer,not much of a team player,not a leader,but clutch. People consider anyone who puts up good stats a superstar these days, I.e Kevin love, etc. for whatever reason,he hasn't gotten it done in the playoffs, and has never been an MVP candidate. But I think he can be "the man" but he needs to be in a situation in which he can rely on a teammate to be the vocal leader of the team, nd just lead by example. Do you guys consider him a superstar or an I the only one that thinks he,stroud emote, Kevin love,and a few other players that for whatever reason are considered to be a superstar by fans bd the national media aren't,but are great players in their own right.

flatbush knicks
01-22-2012, 01:02 AM
blah blah blah go to sleep

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, and 10 threads is to many for the knicks, top 10 player in the game IMO

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Yes, and 10 threads is to many for the knicks, top 10 player in the game IMOwithout question a top 10 guy,but not a "superstar" in my book,he has the track record of Tracy mcgrady at this point of his career IMO

Knicks21
01-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Loving these Knicks threads keep em coming.

Kashmir13579
01-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Does it change from week to week?

effen5
01-22-2012, 01:08 AM
He's not top 10, I can think of ten players I would much rather have then Melo.

Mudvayne91
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Does it change from week to week?

Game to game probably. PSD is notorious for that. That's why we get so many praise and crush Tebow threads.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Top 11-15 player, so it depends on your definition of "superstar".

stawka
01-22-2012, 01:10 AM
I'd take at least 10 players over Melo, but he is a superstar. Nash and Amare have never played D either, but they're all considered superstars

Mudvayne91
01-22-2012, 01:12 AM
He'll get you at least 25 a game most nights and there's not a player in the game right now I'd rather have taking the last shot. If you want to call that a superstar, I'd have no problem with that. He's not a Kobe of old by any means, but he's still a great player.

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Intrested to see 10 players better. Please name them, IDK why I used to not mind the bulls but this site makes me hate them with a pasion lol

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Only during clutch situations... he is the best at getting his team in a hole with his selfish play and giving the fans the illusion that he is a hero by making 50% of his shots in clutch situations allowing his team a chance to prevail.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM
You people need to stop living in the moment. It's the same **** with the Deron Williams thread.

2 years ago, people were saying Deron Williams was the best PG in the league no doubt. 2 years later, he's the 3rd best talented(rightfully so at 3rd but more because of other 2 players stepping up over Williams declining because Deron's the same guy 2 years ago.) and all I hear is "I never thought he was good to begin with".

Now it's the same with Carmelo. Talent wise, he's pretty much the same he's been when he was the 2nd best SF in the league about 2-3 years ago. Nothing's changed about the guy and people thought he was a superstar then. Why is he not a superstar now?

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Because he has had 3 straight bad games!

heyman321
01-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I mean, not only is he sucking the offense down more than a class 5 black hole, but I saw him eat three babies and punch an orphan in the face the other day. Then he got helicoptered out of there by one of his evil henchmen, and at the same time laughing and pointing at the orphan while doing the Mr. Burns "excellent" hand gesture.

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Intrested to see 10 players better. Please name them, IDK why I used to not mind the bulls but this site makes me hate them with a pasion lol

Lebron
Dwight
Durant
Wade
Paul
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Love
Griffin

All players i would rather have right now

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
You people need to stop living in the moment. It's the same **** with the Deron Williams thread.

2 years ago, people were saying Deron Williams was the best PG in the league no doubt. 2 years later, he's the 3rd best talented(rightfully so at 3rd but more because of other 2 players stepping up over Williams declining because Deron's the same guy 2 years ago.) and all I hear is "I never thought he was good to begin with".

Now it's the same with Carmelo. Talent wise, he's pretty much the same he's been when he was the 2nd best SF in the league about 2-3 years ago. Nothing's changed about the guy and people thought he was a superstar then. Why is he not a superstar now? the real question Is when was he ever s superstar??? What has he done outside of some regular season games to earn that right? What has he done to deserve the title of a superstar in his entire career?? 1first round exit in 2009 nd a few game winners??? Then Derek fisher shld he considered one

Flashsides
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Yes, Melo is a superstar. He's also probably 8-12 in the League right now.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Because he has had 3 straight bad games! who cares about this season? I'm tlking his Career

LOOTERX9
01-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I remember when Kobe was only considered a great 1 on 1 player cause he played with shaq. So fans and media always underrated kobe. melo is a superstar. He's had 3 bad game in a row and is under a microscope. But melo does not fit in a Dantoni coached system. it's not going to work if dantoni stays

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Lebron
Dwight
Durant
Wade
Paul
Dirk
Kobe
Rose
Love
Griffin

All players i would rather have right now

Good to know, No way gasol is better, Griffen isnt better either, Love has put up monster numbers but Not better then Melo IMO, Others I agree with

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 01:25 AM
No he isn't. But then again, I think "superstar" is thrown around too carelessly and I only see 5-8 players that fit the bill (Durant, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Rose, Kobe, Paul, Dirk). With Dirk on the way out, Paul not able to necessarily log the heavy PT demanded from a superstar. And Blake soon entering the discussion...

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:25 AM
who cares about this season? I'm tlking his Career

Jus answering Raps Question its the truth If he were to score 45 while shooting 50 percent even 47 percent he would have people on here saying oh yeah he is top 10, this is a website where its what have you done now,

shep33
01-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Melo is sitll a stud. I think part of this is on coaching, I mean Mike has had Amare in Phoenix so you'd think he'd know how to use him by now. Just plain weird, Amare shouldn't get 8 shots. They should go pick and roll with Amare more often.

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:27 AM
No he isn't. But then again, I think "superstar" is thrown around too carelessly and I only see 5-8 players that fit the bill (Durant, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Rose, Kobe, Paul, Dirk). With Dirk on the way out, Paul not able to necessarily log the heavy PT demanded from a superstar. And Blake soon entering the discussion...

I think top 10 in where you get the superstar nametag, Do you have him in the top 10? I do agree all the names you named are better

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 01:28 AM
without question a top 10 guy,but not a "superstar" in my book,he has the track record of Tracy mcgrady at this point of his career IMO

McGrady was an amazing 2-way player. He was a pretty damn good dynamic defender.

Melo will never be as good as mcgrady

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:30 AM
McGrady was an amazing 2-way player. He was a pretty damn good dynamic defender.

Melo will never be as good as mcgrady

:facepalm:

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Hell yes he's a superstar. Only guys I would take over Melo are Kobe, Rose, LBJ(if he quits being a choker in the 4th), Durant, Paul and Luke Walton

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:32 AM
without question a top 10 guy,but not a "superstar" in my book,he has the track record of Tracy mcgrady at this point of his career IMO

Melo will never be as good as mcgrady nd how many rings nd MVP awards does he have?

Birdmannn
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
I mean, not only is he sucking the offense down more than a class 5 black hole, but I saw him eat three babies and punch an orphan in the face the other day. Then he got helicoptered out of there by one of his evil henchmen, and at the same time laughing and pointing at the orphan while doing the Mr. Burns "excellent" hand gesture.

Perfect I was looking for a new reason to hate on Melo and now I know he is evil.:facepalm: haha

waveycrockett
01-22-2012, 01:35 AM
He is close but no. If he were a better defender or a more willing passer then yes but he isn't and it's a shame because he is too close.

meloman1592
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM
He's not top 10, I can think of ten players I would much rather have then Melo.

Just cause you'd rather have them doesn't make them better

kozelkid
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM
I think top 10 in where you get the superstar nametag, Do you have him in the top 10? I do agree all the names you named are better

Borderline. Depending on the year he vs other players are having, he can be from 10-12. I have those 8 superstars I mentioned, ahead. Before the season, I had Deron at 9, but he's been absolute dog **** this season. I have Love and Griffin ahead for the moment, but I think higher of Griffin than most...

kmoneyjuice
01-22-2012, 01:38 AM
No and he is not a top 10 player. Aldrege, Kobe, Howard, Love, Wade, James, Durant, Rose, Griffin, Paul, Williams, Dirk, Pau, Westbrook, Rondo, Randolph (When healthy)

He is the most overrated player in the NBA

meloman1592
01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
No and he is not a top 10 player. Aldrege, Kobe, Howard, Love, Wade, James, Durant, Rose, Griffin, Paul, Williams, Dirk, Pau, Westbrook, Rondo, Randolph (When healthy)

What on God's green earth are you high off of? Zach Randolph?????????????? Pau Gasol?????? Delete your account smh

Sportfan
01-22-2012, 01:43 AM
He's a star, idk about superstar. top 15 player for sure

Lebron
Durant
Rose
Kobe
Wade
Dwight
Love
Paul

That's 9...LMA,Melo, Pau, D-Will etc are all fighting for #10

Mudvayne91

Really........? After Dirk, your list gets a bit out there.. Aldrige IDK about either. He's having a tremendous year, but there's still less than 20 games played. We'll see.

I'm by no means a Melo sympathizer, but I believe you're underselling him.

Birdmannn

Bah he is better then the second half of your list

Raps18-19 Champ
the real question Is when was he ever s superstar??? What has he done outside of some regular season games to earn that right? What has he done to deserve the title of a superstar in his entire career?? 1first round exit in 2009 nd a few game winners??? Then Derek fisher shld he considered one

Was he a top 10 talent? Yes.

Is he a top 10 talent now? Arguably.

Top 15? Yes.

Superstars are considered to be the most talented of the league. Cracking top 15 should give you great consideration.

BKdoubleStacker
nd how many rings nd MVP awards does he have?

the same as melo has

I'll say it again, Mcgrady was a better player than melo is or ever will be

did you even watch him play? or follow what everyone else says about him playing on **** teams.

shep33
01-22-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm a huge Melo fan, but he's gotta take it back a notch. You know that last 4 games he's shooting the ball 26.3 times per game? He's only hitting on 33%.

Amare with 8 shots isn't gonna cut it.

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 01:47 AM
btw to the person that doubted T-Mac was better than Melo or just great in general, did you start watching the NBA this year? Because obviously you haven't witnessed McGrady play from his Magic/Rockets days. The only player I thought could've maybe rivaled Kobe's greatness. His talent, athleticism, and skill was off the charts and if only given the right circumstances and teammates not to mention his ****** injuries(if it was avoided), he could've won MVPs and titles. This guy in his prime would put any other star in the league today minus Kobe and a couple more to class B.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:47 AM

the same as melo has

I'll say it again, Mcgrady was a better player than melo is or ever will be

did you even watch him play? or follow what everyone else says about him playing on **** teams. no,I'm saying they both aren't superstars

Mudvayne91
01-22-2012, 01:49 AM
If you take Tmac's performances in a few year span prior to injuries, he was definitely unbelievable. Vince Carter for that matter as well

Sadds The Gr8
01-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Very good offensive talent, but not a superstar IMO.

Forrealz
btw to the person that doubted T-Mac was better than Melo or just great in general, did you start watching the NBA this year? Because obviously you haven't witnessed McGrady play from his Magic/Rockets days. The only player I thought could've maybe rivaled Kobe's greatness. His talent, athleticism, and skill was off the charts and if only given the right circumstances and teammates not to mention his ****** injuries(if it was avoided), he could've won MVPs and titles. This guy in his prime would put any other star in the league today minus Kobe and a couple more to class B. oh like lebron cld show up in the 4th nd Nash cld have had 3 Mbps right?

BKdoubleStacker
the real question Is when was he ever s superstar??? What has he done outside of some regular season games to earn that right? What has he done to deserve the title of a superstar in his entire career?? 1first round exit in 2009 nd a few game winners??? Then Derek fisher shld he considered one

your logic is awful

Back to the OP though,

He is def a superstar, even though his defense is porous and is off to a terrible start this year, he is one of the games best scorers

waveycrockett
01-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Was he a top 10 talent? Yes.

Is he a top 10 talent now? Arguably.

Top 15? Yes.

Superstars are considered to be the most talented of the league. Cracking top 15 should give you great consideration.
There aren't 10 superstars definitely not 15 in this league. After the top 5 or 6 the field starts to separate.

In no particular order

Dirk
Lebron
Wade
Kobe
Rose
Howard

If you want to throw Durant in there feel free but he is too much like Melo for me.

curtcocaine
01-22-2012, 01:52 AM
btw to the person that doubted T-Mac was better than Melo or just great in general, did you start watching the NBA this year? Because obviously you haven't witnessed McGrady play from his Magic/Rockets days. The only player I thought could've maybe rivaled Kobe's greatness. His talent, athleticism, and skill was off the charts and if only given the right circumstances and teammates not to mention his ****** injuries(if it was avoided), he could've won MVPs and titles. This guy in his prime would put any other star in the league today minus Kobe and a couple more to class B.

100% True

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:53 AM

your logic is awful

Back to the OP though,

He is def a superstar, even though his defense is porous and is off to a terrible start this year, he is one of the games best scorers so is dirk,at least dirk has 2 finals appearances, nd a MVP

ArmLaker
VC, AI, T-Mac, Kobe were going to be the best players after Jordan's era. Unfortunate circumstances took out everyone except Kobe. Which come to think of it proves how truly great my guy is :)

BKdoubleStacker
no,I'm saying they both aren't superstars

lol

you cannot be older than 12 years old

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:54 AM

your logic is awful

Back to the OP though,

He is def a superstar, even though his defense is porous and is off to a terrible start this year, he is one of the games best scorers so is dirk,at least dirk has 2 finals appearances, nd a MVP anyone can put up points,mints shld be a superstar too by ur logic

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:56 AM
no,I'm saying they both aren't superstars

lol

you cannot be older than 12 years old is being a superstar scorin points or being a top 5 player be wining when it matters?

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 01:56 AM
And it was rumored a while back that after Toronto T-Mac wanted to play in LA Lakers! Can you imagine a Kobe/T-Mac tandem!?!?! Holy **** lol LBJ AND WADE WHOOOO?? The old school fans know what I mean ;). Kinda miss the older days of ball

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 01:57 AM
is being a superstar scorin points or being a top 5 player be wining when it matters?

then i guess malone or stockton werent superstars huh?

lebron must not be a superstar

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
And it was rumored a while back that after Toronto T-Mac wanted to play in LA Lakers! Can you imagine a Kobe/T-Mac tandem!?!?! Holy **** lol LBJ AND WADE WHOOOO?? The old school fans know what I mean ;). Kinda miss the older days of ball

he was so overshadowed. The level of talent in the early 2000's was amazing.

He would probably be a top 3 player in his prime in todays game

curtcocaine
01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Stars IMO are the Monta Ellis, Tyree Evans ect. Superstars are the Kobes ,Chris Pauls And yes the Melos

kjoke
01-22-2012, 02:01 AM
There isn't a cut off like "the top 10 players are superstars" it depends on the year and decade. Some year you will have 15 players who are superstars, some only 6. This time around I can think of only around 7-8 that are superstars, and melo is not up there yet. I say yet because he has all the capabilities to do so.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:02 AM
is being a superstar scorin points or being a top 5 player be wining when it matters?

then i guess malone or stockton werent superstars huh?

lebron must not be a superstar funny u mention them,lebron nd Malone r Mvpd with 2 finals appearances. They won wen it mattered but cldnt win a ring, nd that's ok. At least they consistently got past the first round unlike melo nfd tmac

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:04 AM
There isn't a cut off like "the top 10 players are superstars" it depends on the year and decade. Some year you will have 15 players who are superstars, some only 6. This time around I can think of only around 7-8 that are superstars, and melo is not up there yet. I say yet because he has all the capabilities to do so. 15???? Wth? Are u high?

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 02:05 AM
wow how many contradictions are you going to make??

they won when it mattered, yet they have no rings? ok

I didnt know only superstars win MVPs

Monta is beast
01-22-2012, 02:07 AM
No. These days people don't pay much attention to defense, so many people will say he is. But in my definition a superstar has a complete game. Anthony is a great scorer, good passer, horrible defender.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:08 AM
wow how many contradictions are you going to make??

they won when it mattered, yet they have no rings? ok

I didnt know only superstars win MVPs what player won an MVP nd wasn't considered a superstar? Malone,Stockton won playoff series as well as lenron nd they all got to the finals and couldn't win a ring but they got there , where have melo nd tmac been?

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 02:10 AM
what player won an MVP nd wasn't considered a superstar? Malone,Stockton won playoff series as well as lenron nd they all got to the finals and couldn't win a ring but they got there , where have melo nd tmac been?

Oh sorry I didnt know basketball was an individual sport

Im done arguing with someone who doesnt think t-mac was a superstar:facepalm:

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:14 AM
what player won an MVP nd wasn't considered a superstar? Malone,Stockton won playoff series as well as lenron nd they all got to the finals and couldn't win a ring but they got there , where have melo nd tmac been?

Oh sorry I didnt know basketball was an individual sport

Im done arguing with someone who doesnt think t-mac was a superstar:facepalm: I'm done arguing with someone who thinks anything said by espn nd the media is law "melo nd tmac are superstars" lmaoo try having a mind of ur own nd back up ur posts with good points instead of blind ignorance kiddo

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 02:16 AM
you can't compare T-Mac with any of those guys simply because he was injured more and missed moregames than them. try looking at their skills and the way they played on the court. yes once again if i knew T-Mac was not going to suffer multiple injuries and at least had been on healthy decent teams then i would take him over most guys in the league today including LeBron

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 02:16 AM
lmao kiddo, pretty sure I am lot older than you, judging by your horrid spelling and illogical arguments

Monta is beast
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM

What about Melo?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:19 AM
lmao kiddo, pretty sure I am lot older than you, judging by your horrid spelling and illogical argumentson my iPod, hate typing on touch screens so say what u want, I like Actual keyboards

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:20 AM
you can't compare T-Mac with any of those guys simply because he was injured more and missed moregames than them. try looking at their skills and the way they played on the court. yes once again if i knew T-Mac was not going to suffer multiple injuries and at least had been on healthy decent teams then i would take him over most guys in the league today including LeBron excuses?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:20 AM

What about Melo? A big fat 0

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 02:22 AM
excuses?

Facts

Slimsim
01-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Why is it that these Knicks bash threads are never locked

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:41 AM
Why is it that these Knicks bash threads are never lockedwhere is he being bashed? Did I say he sucks nd will never win? Did I call him overrated? Where did anyone bash him? Are facts bashing now?

BALLER R
01-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Whats a superstar because If you listen to some people they would say Miami has 3 superstars so by that standard HELL YEAH melo is a superstar

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Whats a superstar because If you listen to some people they would say Miami has 3 superstars so by that standard HELL YEAH melo is a superstaragain,people they take the media as the be all end all

abe_froman
01-22-2012, 02:59 AM
depends on your definition of superstar.if its like the definition in the franchise player thread(yes,i know he was counted as yes in it).someone who can lead or carry a franchise? than no.but if you mean someone who puts up good/great personal stats and is really famous? than yes

Cubby
01-22-2012, 03:07 AM
You have to be blind to not see that Melo is a cancer to any team. Taking over 26 shots while shooting 33% while playing no defense over the last four games is complete garbage. Until he takes less shots and stops chucking he is probably the most overrated player in the league.

naps
01-22-2012, 03:15 AM
What's up with these stupid threads? Stop living in the moment people. If Melo was a superstar 1 month ago he still is. Couple of weeks don't change anything. Wade got an ankle sprain and trolls started making threads after threads "Trade Wade." Like, seriously GTFO!

Slimsim
01-22-2012, 03:30 AM
What's up with these stupid threads? Stop living in the moment people. If Melo was a superstar 1 month ago he still is. Couple of weeks don't change anything. Wade got an ankle sprain and trolls started making threads after threads "Trade Wade." Like, seriously GTFO!

Seriously PSD is becoming crappy with these type of prisoner of the moment threads

Slimsim
01-22-2012, 03:32 AM
You have to be blind to not see that Melo is a cancer to any team. Taking over 26 shots while shooting 33% while playing no defense over the last four games is complete garbage. Until he takes less shots and stops chucking he is probably the most overrated player in the league.

Maybe i should troll the bears forums

stawka
01-22-2012, 03:33 AM
How about we change the thread name to Amare "STAT" (That says it all) Stoudemire

Alayla
01-22-2012, 03:44 AM
VC, AI, T-Mac, Kobe were going to be the best players after Jordan's era. Unfortunate circumstances took out everyone except Kobe. Which come to think of it proves how truly great my guy is :)
Um? VC...? Are you really puting vc in the convo of 3 hofers?!
I think Carter gets what I call the blake griffen affect if you have a high vert and thorw down dunks like nobodys bissness people get unrealisic expectaions of you
T mac I acutlly argee with pre injury he was flat out nuts and on both ends endlessly better then melo
AI WAS a superstar and for a reasonable time period the best player in the nba possibly aside from shaq yes kobe was a fantasic player but from 97 to 03 -04 no way I take him over AI in 2006 is when kobe really became the kobe we know today

Cubby
01-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Maybe i should troll the bears forums

I'm not trolling. :laugh2:

I didn't want Melo back when he was rumored to come to the Bulls because I knew he was overrated. I still believe that today and I'm glad we didn't trade for him.

Maybe you should. I'd love to hear what you have to say about the Bears.

EDIT: Lemme just show you something. https://p.twimg.com/AjvhoHbCEAIPufE.jpg

Real team player.

Alayla
01-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Back on topic though no he's not and never was he's been posting high scoreing numbers with questionable low to questionable effency for years his willingness to utailze his teamates is low
He plays below averge nba defence and if he's not shooting well he's pretty much not a plus player he isn't consistant enough to be labeled a superstar an allstar? Yes but untill he rounds out his game he isn't a partucally domanaint player

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Um? VC...? Are you really puting vc in the convo of 3 hofers?!
I think Carter gets what I call the blake griffen affect if you have a high vert and thorw down dunks like nobodys bissness people get unrealisic expectaions of you
T mac I acutlly argee with pre injury he was flat out nuts and on both ends endlessly better then melo
AI WAS a superstar and for a reasonable time period the best player in the nba possibly aside from shaq yes kobe was a fantasic player but from 97 to 03 -04 no way I take him over AI in 2006 is when kobe really became the kobe we know today

I see your point in Carter maybe i was wrong about him. But the rest definately........and no Kobe from 2001 till now I'd take him over anybody......his stats his skills his clutch playoff games was just too jordanesque. as for ai and tmac, yeah i believe they were the closest to Kobe but no way better. People will realize this once he retires.

Alayla
01-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Whats a superstar because If you listen to some people they would say Miami has 3 superstars so by that standard HELL YEAH melo is a superstar

Saying bosh is a superstar is like saying the sky is red

Duncan = Donkey
01-22-2012, 03:58 AM
I dont think he is, then again i have never rated him a top 10 player.

Cubby
01-22-2012, 03:59 AM
I dont think he is, then again i have never rated him a top 10 player.

This.

Alayla
01-22-2012, 04:08 AM
I see your point in Carter maybe i was wrong about him. But the rest definately........and no Kobe from 2001 till now I'd take him over anybody......his stats his skills his clutch playoff games was just too jordanesque. as for ai and tmac, yeah i believe they were the closest to Kobe but no way better. People will realize this once he retires.

In terms of whole carrers yea kobe>ai>tmac
During 2001 espacally AI>kobe>tmac
Kobe was way better then he got credit for sure but at some point you gotta admit shaq made him look better at both ends then he really was 2006 is when he really became that damn good
Give kobe a mutmumbo lynch (hurt) snow(fing screws in his anlkes) and tyrone hill
And give aI shaq rick fox d fish (when he still had more game then an occasinal 4th quater shooting spree) and robert horry and see who wins the ring ill even go one further and say give ai kobes 2003 2004 cast and see if he loses to the pistons

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 04:35 AM
In terms of whole carrers yea kobe>ai>tmac
During 2001 espacally AI>kobe>tmac
Kobe was way better then he got credit for sure but at some point you gotta admit shaq made him look better at both ends then he really was 2006 is when he really became that damn good
Give kobe a mutmumbo lynch (hurt) snow(fing screws in his anlkes) and tyrone hill
And give aI shaq rick fox d fish (when he still had more game then an occasinal 4th quater shooting spree) and robert horry and see who wins the ring ill even go one further and say give ai kobes 2003 2004 cast and see if he loses to the pistons

Yah AI was pretty damn close and believe me I loved watching him ball. But give Kobe that exact team in a weak *** East at the time(not that it isn't weak still), and I'll have him win at least 1 chip. He is just too dominant on both ends of the court. To be honest I think Shaq kind of held him back to his true abilities even at the time. Kobe was very underrated. He was our top scoring option in the clutch, our best man on man defender, hell even our best playmaker(im not taking anything away from Shaq either), and on a lot of nights he was relied on more than Shaq. AI to me didn't have Kobe's all around game nor his skill level tbh and unfortunately he was viewed as a "chucker" to many fans

Eagles710
01-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Melo is a superstar this is a dumb thread

bolts4ever
01-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Love this thread I have so many friends that are so quick to anoint their favorite player a SUPERSTAR and they are just mistaken this is how I see it their are about 4 tiers of players.

1st tier
SUPERSTARS 5star ballers
Kobe
Wade
D12
Lebron

2nd tier
Not yet Super but one day soon
CP3
DRose
Kevin Durant
Westbrook
Dirk

3rd tier
Highly productive but not talented enough OR
Talented enough but probably slightly overrated
(doesn't mean their not really good)

Blake Griffin
Rondo
K-love
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Carmelo Anthony
Amare
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andrew Bynum
Zack Randolph

4th tier
E1E = every 1 else

Evolution23
01-22-2012, 05:57 AM
He is a superstar but isn't playing like it right now

BKdoubleStacker
01-22-2012, 05:57 AM
I would put CP3 with the first group, do people forget how good this guy was before he got injured?

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Love this thread I have so many friends that are so quick to anoint their favorite player a SUPERSTAR and they are just mistaken this is how I see it their are about 4 tiers of players.

1st tier
SUPERSTARS 5star ballers
Kobe
Wade
D12
Lebron

2nd tier
Not yet Super but one day soon
CP3
DRose
Kevin Durant
Westbrook
Dirk

3rd tier
Highly productive but not talented enough OR
Talented enough but probably slightly overrated
(doesn't mean their not really good)

Blake Griffin
Rondo
K-love
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Carmelo Anthony
Amare
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andrew Bynum
Zack Randolph

4th tier
E1E = every 1 else

Long story short
1.Superstar(Kobes and LBJs)
2.All-Star(Gasols and Westbrooks)
3.All-Star Caliber(Loves and Aldriges)
4.Starters
5.Bench players
6.Scrubs
7.Luke Walton

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Im reading some of the posts here, and how can you base if someone is a superstar, on 16 games, come on man, He is a great scorer if not the best in the game, he is a very good passer, a very good rebounder his defense has even improved from his denver days, Is it good Hell no, Is it better yes believe it or not. He can be a very good defender, but then that would take away the energy he uses on offense, he is not willing to do that, But there is times where he will play defense in big situations. he has had four bad games in a row calm down guy is still a great player and I have him top 10. people have him 7-15 in this thread, which is fine. he is hurting we rushed him back from the ankle injury and his wrist has gotten worse, let him sit out for the next two games come back friday. (i read he might do that) also wth is that up there? Cp3 Durant,rose dirk,not consiered superstars? To me there are 10 superstars in this league.
Lebron,Wade,Kobe,Paul,Rose,Durant,Love,Griffen,Mel o,Dwight (In No order)

Daunter
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
So i guess people here think Melo is a 3rd option or maybe a decent 6thman.Melo is really underrated and hated here on PSD.He is a guy that can take over a game and might be the most clutch player in the league,he'a never missed the playoffs and might be the best scorer in the league.But i guess its not enough to make him a superstar.:rolleyes:

bucketss
01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
i never thought he was one.

bucketss
01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
So i guess people here think Melo is a 3rd option or maybe a decent 6thman.Melo is really underrated and hated here on PSD.He is a guy that can take over a game and might be the most clutch player in the league,he'a never missed the playoffs and might be the best scorer in the league.But i guess its not enough to make him a superstar.:rolleyes:

does he play defense.?

NYKSpiritBomb
01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
the moment he stops playing like a selfish ****, is the moment he'll start playing like a superstar. what a waste

justinnum1
01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
hell no

He doesnt play winning basketball

MTL_123
01-22-2012, 11:53 AM
lol you know once the knicks start to do good and are on a 5 game win streak a knicks fan is gonna make a thread about how we were all wrong about the knicks, Melo and Amare can play together and etc

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 11:53 AM
hell no

He doesnt play winning basketball

Hmm very intresting perspective, In that case Lebron isnt a superstar because he doesnt play winning basketball either

MTL_123
01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
ok melo is a superstar just because he had like 5 bad games doesnt mean he is trash.
but on a side note wat if melo went to the lakers 2 players would combine taking 60 shots a game lol

NYMetros
01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Top 10 player. Not sure if that makes him a superstar, kind of depends on your definition of what superstar is.

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 12:04 PM
ok melo is a superstar just because he had like 5 bad games doesnt mean he is trash.
but on a side note wat if melo went to the lakers 2 players would combine taking 60 shots a game lol

If your serious then :clap:, And lol they would just pass the ball to each other, 85 shots a game between him and kobe lol

mustaine
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
He is a superstar but isn't playing like it right now

It really doesn't help Melo that his sidekick is playing well below standards. Amare looks awful since packing on 20 lbs. He's lost that explosiveness to his game, the muscle might help out with his back problems but not his play.

MTL_123
01-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Harrellson Out 6 Weeks after Breaking Wrist just gets worse for the knicks

IceMan360
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Long story short
1.Superstar(Kobes and LBJs)
2.All-Star(Gasols and Westbrooks)
3.All-Star Caliber(Loves and Aldriges)
4.Starters
5.Bench players
6.Scrubs
7.Luke Walton

lmao this had me rolling :clap:

lkingratedr
01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Ok simple as this its 30 teams in the NBA ... Each team has a starting and backup small forward that's 60 players overall ... Yet I guarantee you could only make a case for 2 maybe 3 being better than melo... Those are durant and lbj to be number 2 or 3 with 4 trailing way behind I'd pretty much say he is a superstar

Slimsim
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Harrellson Out 6 Weeks after Breaking Wrist just gets worse for the knicks

you posted this in 6 threads i think we all get it

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Hmm very intresting perspective, In that case Lebron isnt a superstar because he doesnt play winning basketball either

lebron has 2 mvps and 2 finals appearances

what does melo have? a lonely 1 first round exit?

i love how you ignore my post and just say people are talking about this season only and ignore the fact that melo hasnt WON anything in his career outside of an olympic medal :facepalm:

stop being a homer and try to analyze his career and tell me why he should be considered a superstar

why, because he can score 20 pts a game news flash, so can monta ellis

u have 0 argument, all you throw out there is this season because ur a homer knicks fan who just started following melo when he was traded to NY and act like his career previous to that doesnt exist!

what has he done to be considered a superstar? 1 playoff series?

lebron took pieces of crap to the NBA finals in 07, he took his team to nmerous conference finals appearances and 2nd round series, melo has only had 1 WCF, and he needed billups to get there

lebron took delonte west and spare parts to the finals

dtmagnet
01-22-2012, 01:05 PM
To me superstar is a term based on popularity, he is very popular for some reason so yes.

KnicksR4Real
01-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Nope

smith&wesson
01-22-2012, 01:10 PM
he has the same ratings as john starks in my nba jam game :D

xxplayerxx23
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM

i love how you ignore my post and just say people are talking about this season only and ignore the fact that melo hasnt WON anything in his career outside of an olympic medal :facepalm:

stop being a homer and try to analyze his career and tell me why he should be considered a superstar

u have 0 argument, all you throw out there is this season because ur a homer knicks fan who just started following melo when he was traded to NY and act like his career previous to that doesnt exist!

lebron took pieces of crap to the NBA finals in 07, he took his team to nmerous conference finals appearances and 2nd round series, melo has only had 1 WCF, and he needed billups to get there

Lol sorry your so hurt I didnt respond to you. I didnt even notice you Posted, Like I have said Melo is a superstar, as clutch as they come, Scores at will, Good passer good rebounder below average defender, Cool to know that Lebron went to two finals I applaud that, But both have 0 Rings so it doesnt matter, If you never win a ring then people dont care that you get a playoff series win, Its all about winning the big one. And what great support has melo had huh? how amazing where his teams though. He took that team to the conference finals, Give lebron the excuse he had no team you act like melo has had stars around.lebron is better then melo but in no way wins, they both finally have good enough talent around them lets see who gets the ring first

Kashmir13579
01-22-2012, 01:21 PM
lol you know once the knicks start to do good and are on a 5 game win streak a knicks fan is gonna make a thread about how we were all wrong about the knicks, Melo and Amare can play together and etc

lol. yup.

Kashmir13579
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
To me superstar is a term based on popularity, he is very popular for some reason so yes.
Its his name. "Carmelo"

smith&wesson
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM

dude you keep saying that but denver was in the playoffs 6 times and once in the conference finals.

the west was much tougher then the east in those years. its tough to compare. lebron and his cavs wouldnt have had like 60 wins if theye were in the west at that time. like between 2004-2009

obviously lebrons better but lebrons better then pretty much every one doesnt mean other players arent star players right.

effen5
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
he has the same ratings as john starks in my nba jam game :D

I Would rather have John Starks....what a pesky defender he was.....

Jordan v Starks was such a classic moment.

smith&wesson
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I Would rather have John Starks....what a pesky defender he was.....

Jordan v Starks was such a classic moment.

ya i loved starks. one of my personal favs from back in the days. he had a real competitive edge to him.

BradfordIsElite
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM

I would go with Derrick Rose, Lebron James, Kobe, Dirk, cp3, KD, Wade and Howard as players I'd consider over Melo to a lead a team into the playoffs, those are guys in a whole other league of their own. Players like Rajon Rondo, Zach Randolph and Deron Williams would make solid arguments as well.
Talent wise, he's right up there with the best of the best but his shot selection is a big question mark, as well as lack of urgency on the other end.

97NYer
01-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Great individual player, horrible team player. Last night Melo got booed whenever he isolated, hopefully that will teach him to move the ball. We look a lot better without him on the court, when Shumpert, Fields, Walker, Amar'e and Chandler or Harrelson are in there together.

shellshocked430
01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
He is so disappointing. Has the ability and talent to be top 5 in the league. But takes too many shots with another STAR (not superstar) on his team (Amare), who deserves more looks to get going.. He is arguably the best scorer in the league.. Cool; if Lebron wanted to be the best scorer in the league, he would. But his game is much more well rounded, and Melo needs to learn how to make the Knicks an actual team.. I think the Denver loss got in his head because afterwards he questioned his shot selections and if he should pass more.

Federal Reserve
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
This picture sums up Melo perfectly.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ev3tzr.jpg

Raph12
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM

LMFAO!!! That's fcking jokes!

Chronz
01-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Did Melo hit the open man?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Did Melo hit the open man? Carmelo is the goat according to Knicks fans,who needs teammates???

Daunter
01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
does he play defense.?

Do Nash,Dirk,Love,Amare,Bosh or Griffin play defense?

Nash was a superstar
Dirk is a superstar
And tons of people call the others superstars.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:01 PM
does he play defense.?

Do Nash,Dirk,Love,Amare,Bosh or Griffin play defense?

Nash was a superstar
Dirk is a superstar
And tons of people call the others superstars. does he win in the playoffs?

Daunter
01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
does he win in the playoffs?

He played in the wild west and still made it to the WCF.And he's never missed the playoffs,he just had very tough matchups.Same with T-Mac,Chris Paul and Roy.

And Griffin,Love and Bosh never ever won in the playoffs.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Did Melo hit the open man?

No he turned it over, in his defense he hit the shot over two defenders to send it to OT, but still you need to trust your teammates.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:23 PM
does he win in the playoffs?

He played in the wild west and still made it to the WCF.And he's never missed the playoffs,he just had very tough matchups.Same with T-Mac,Chris Paul and Roy.

And Griffin,Love and Bosh never ever won in the playoffs. do melo makes it to the wcf once nd is a superstar right? Oh ok

Daunter
01-22-2012, 05:35 PM

I swear ive seen Kobe do the exact same thing.And im not saying its right but id rather have a player eager to take the last shot than one who's afraid of the moment.But he was the reason they lost the game down the stretch.

Daunter
01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
do melo makes it to the wcf once nd is a superstar right? Oh ok

Same with Nash,Deron,Paul,Rose and Durant.

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
do melo makes it to the wcf once nd is a superstar right? Oh ok

Same with Nash,Deron,Paul,Rose and Durant. who said Williams was a superstar,lol? Nash has 2 Mvps, rose has 1 melo has 0. Nd Nash has been past the first round multiple times unlike melo. Ndrose nf durant haven't been in the league longer den 5. Years as yet melo almost has 10!

JordansBulls
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
By name he is.

Chronz
01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
No he turned it over, in his defense he hit the shot over two defenders to send it to OT, but still you need to trust your teammates.

Can you call him a poor decision maker with his success rate in hitting those shots?

I want to say its shots like that, that hurt his game/team but so many people love him for it. Hes so much better when hes off the ball and someone decides hes in a good spot to score, instead of him deciding.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Can you call him a poor decision maker with his success rate in hitting those shots?

I want to say its shots like that, that hurt his game/team but so many people love him for it. Hes so much better when hes off the ball and someone decides hes in a good spot to score, instead of him deciding.

I agree, I've already said a legitimate PG would make this team so much better. Melo is doing his best to facilitate, but it's just not him, he's much better working on the block.

They need a PG to run the pnr/pnp with Stat/Tyson and to take the pressure off of Melo for ballhandling... As for the final shot, Melo has had so much success hitting gamewinners/buzzers that he always wants it, no matter what, which hurts the team at times as well.

Daunter
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
who said Williams was a superstar,lol? Nash has 2 Mvps, rose has 1 melo has 0. Nd Nash has been past the first round multiple times unlike melo. Ndrose nf durant haven't been in the league longer den 5. Years as yet melo almost has 10!

Melo's career has been similar to CP3's and the both play in the West.

Years ago nobody doubted Gilbert Arenas,McGrady,Vince Carter,Brandon Roy or Chris Bosh being Superstars but what have they done in the playoffs?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
who said Williams was a superstar,lol? Nash has 2 Mvps, rose has 1 melo has 0. Nd Nash has been past the first round multiple times unlike melo. Ndrose nf durant haven't been in the league longer den 5. Years as yet melo almost has 10!

Years ago nobody doubted Gilbert Arenas,McGrady,Vince Carter,Brandon Roy or Chris Bosh being Superstars but what have they done in the playoffs? anytime calling any of those players superstars at any point of their career Is ********

metsfanssince05
01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Of course he is. He just needs support, no one can score, so he has to do it by him self..

dtmagnet
01-22-2012, 08:29 PM
anytime calling any of those players superstars at any point of their career Is ********

Are you joking? Did you just start watching basketball this year or something?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 08:59 PM
anytime calling any of those players superstars at any point of their career Is ********

Are you joking? Did you just start watching basketball this year or something? superstars win in the playoffs, have anyone of those guys won or even advanced far in the playoffs as "the man"? AreYOU joking?

Forrealz
01-22-2012, 09:17 PM

I agree, I've already said a legitimate PG would make this team so much better. Melo is doing his best to facilitate, but it's just not him, he's much better working on the block.

They need a PG to run the pnr/pnp with Stat/Tyson and to take the pressure off of Melo for ballhandling... As for the final shot, Melo has had so much success hitting gamewinners/buzzers that he always wants it, no matter what, which hurts the team at times as well. the first step is firing santoni, bringing in Sloan or Jackson and signing miller nf a backup forward it center in the offseason, then we can talk about the Knicks as a realistic contender

ArmLaker
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM

I like the pic you got going on

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 01:54 AM

Years ago nobody doubted Gilbert Arenas,McGrady,Vince Carter,Brandon Roy or Chris Bosh being Superstars but what have they done in the playoffs?

Whoa there buddy. I'm not sure if you recall but agent Zero used to be money in the playoffs. He just couldn't get past Lebron but they used to go toe to toe, shot for shot. Also Vince was a beast in the playoffs at one point he just never improved his fundamentals and once his athleticism faded he was reduced to launching fallaway threes.....

naps
01-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Yes, Melo is a superstar. If he was a superstar last year, he still is one. "Trade Wade" "Is Melo a superstar"...what's next? Stop overreacting folks.

Forrealz
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, Melo is a superstar. If he was a superstar last year, he still is one. "Trade Wade" "Is Melo a superstar"...what's next? Stop overreacting folks.

when was he ever a superstar? 1 first round exit, doesnt get mvp votes, cant play D, certainly doesnt make his teammates better

if u consider him a superstar, then u shld consider monta ellis one as well, u dont have a valid reason to consider melo a superstar aside from you jocking everything the media says and take it as law

Chavacano
01-23-2012, 01:49 PM
superstars win in the playoffs, have anyone of those guys won or even advanced far in the playoffs as "the man"? AreYOU joking?

"superstars win in the playoffs"? So I guess since Lebron hasn't won any championship, he isn't a superstar too. Oh, Chris Paul has yet to advance beyond the 2nd round of the Playoffs so I guess he isn't a superstar too, right? :eyebrow:

BklynKnicks3
01-23-2012, 01:51 PM
How dare you? question the greatness that is melo the most clutch player in the nba

lkingratedr
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
id rather have him than lebron in the 4th quarter

NoahH
01-24-2012, 03:10 AM
He's one of the best players in the league but would I want him on my team? Probably not. Top 5 player talent wise but with all the intangibles like leadership. He's 15ish

Celtics33
01-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Yes, I consider him a superstar. He isn't a perfect player by any means but he is one of the best offensive scorers in the league as well as a clutch scorer and does some other things well.

ggb108
01-24-2012, 04:43 AM
melo = greatest clutch player since the Jordan era (look at the stats, they will astonish you)

bulldog312
01-24-2012, 01:25 PM
No, I don't even think it's close to me. Denver has the 3rd best record in the league since they traded Melo. New York is under .500 since the trade (and they were above .500 before). If Melo was a star player, that wouldn't happen. He is a talented scorer, but he has no concept of defense or team basketball.

And the "who would you rather have in the final minutes" argument is stupid. Go ahead and take the guy who gives you the best performance over 2 minutes or 5 minutes or whatever. I'll take the guy who has the best performance over 48 minutes.

JordansBulls
01-24-2012, 01:43 PM
when was he ever a superstar? 1 first round exit, doesnt get mvp votes, cant play D, certainly doesnt make his teammates better

if u consider him a superstar, then u shld consider monta ellis one as well, u dont have a valid reason to consider melo a superstar aside from you jocking everything the media says and take it as law

First off Monta has never led a team to the playoffs. Next off Monta has never made an allstar team and finally he has never even started in an allstar game. Superstars in general will start in allstar games as long as the position has multiple good players at it.

nycsports2
01-24-2012, 01:45 PM
lol no he sucks