PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge

Hustlenomics
01-21-2012, 07:21 PM
amazing player everyone wrote off the Blazers last year when Roy went down then he took the team on his back and carried them to the playoffs. crazy that they snubbed him of the all star game last year hopefully he makes it this year Top 5 PF such an underrated player

jiggin
01-21-2012, 07:47 PM
no love, doesn't play for a big market team...

forget him, he must suck then.

Gram
01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
33 and 20 last night I think.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Probably get snubbed for Love again. Well I take that back, he'll probably take Gasols place unless Pau wakes up.....

Cal827
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
To Be fair, it was against the Raptors, and we are known for giving up career highs to guys like Luke Harangody and Eddie House... WHO IN THE **** ARE THOSE GUYS?! lol

kozelkid
01-21-2012, 07:53 PM
And to think, this guy could have been a third option on what would have likely been a dynasty.

jiggin
01-21-2012, 07:57 PM
if he played on a big market team, he would be the talk of the town.

but he doesn't so....

theheatles
01-21-2012, 07:58 PM
he's the most complete PF in the league, best imo, yet he might not even make the all star game smfh...blake is so ****ing overrated it makes me sick

jiggin
01-21-2012, 07:58 PM
To Be fair, it was against the Raptors, and we are known for giving up career highs to guys like Luke Harangody and Eddie House... WHO IN THE **** ARE THOSE GUYS?! lol

mayeb you should look at his stat lines this entire season against other teams...he has been pretty damn good.

per 48 minutes: 29.3 points 11.5 rebounds 3.3 assists 1.8 steals 1.0 block on average

but again, he plays for portland, not NY,LA ect...so...who the hell is he again?

HouRealCoach
01-21-2012, 08:19 PM
amazing player everyone wrote off the Blazers last year when Roy went down then he took the team on his back and carried them to the playoffs. crazy that they snubbed him of the all star game last year hopefully he makes it this year Top 5 PF such an underrated player

You understand he had to go up against dirk, durant, pau, zbo, & was melo there?

and blake griffin was averaging 23, 13 last year while kevin love averaged 20, 15 alsi.. just to let you know. I wouldnt call that snubbed

Cal827
01-21-2012, 08:21 PM
mayeb you should look at his stat lines this entire season against other teams...he has been pretty damn good.

per 48 minutes: 29.3 points 11.5 rebounds 3.3 assists 1.8 steals 1.0 block on average

but again, he plays for portland, not NY,LA ect...so...who the hell is he again?

I know man, I'm just taking a shot on how bad the Craptors are :D

He's been excellent this year and should be in the all-star game, backing up Love.

llemon
01-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Being an All-Star means absolutely nothing.

Leading your team into a position where they have a possible shot at an NBA Title, THAT really means something.

Hustlenomics
01-21-2012, 08:52 PM
if he played on a big market team, he would be the talk of the town.

but he doesn't so....

yep

he's the most complete PF in the league, best imo, yet he might not even make the all star game smfh...blake is so ****ing overrated it makes me sick

he's damn good blake has a lot of potential and is super athletic so ESPN is going to show him all day long lol

You understand he had to go up against dirk, durant, pau, zbo, & was melo there?

and blake griffin was averaging 23, 13 last year while kevin love averaged 20, 15 alsi.. just to let you know. I wouldnt call that snubbed

ok

Hellcrooner
01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
sorry but im stil taking dirk, pau, love, bosh or stoudamire before him, maybe even griffin.

and as for teh asg, its almost imposible for him to get in.

durant and griffin are a lock, dirk is getting the respect call, bynum is being voted in as center, you cant discard yet another respect call to tim duncan so he would have to beat love, gasol I, gasol II for 1 last spot in the game......i dont see it sincerely.

jiggin
01-21-2012, 08:58 PM
sorry but im stil taking dirk, pau, love, bosh or stoudamire before him, maybe even griffin.

durant and griffin are a lock, dirk is getting the respect call, bynum is being voted in as center, you cant discard yet another respect call to tim duncan so he would have to beat love, gasol I, gasol II for 1 last spot in the game......i dont see it sincerely.

...bosh or stoudamire...

now we all know your just a big name homer....tim duncan?!?!? LOL

please :facepalm:

HouRealCoach
01-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Stoudemire? smh

Hellcrooner
01-21-2012, 09:03 PM
now we all know your just a big name homer....tim duncan?!?!? LOL

please :facepalm:

homer?

im not from virgin islands

im not a fan of the spurs

how come im a homer?

Im basing that opinion on experience

ive seen Dr J, Kareem, Shaq been called by coaches to allstar when their career was already wack out of respect.
Dont see why Duncan shouldnt gather the same amount of respect from coaches.

Hustlenomics
01-21-2012, 09:07 PM

stoudamire is struggling this season, and aldridge has better numbers than pau and bosh
he might get an all star nod even though he should get a forward spot but its up to the coaches

CarniifeX
01-21-2012, 09:11 PM

5th ranked PER among power forwards. Not that over-rated. He's...rated.

Birdmannn
01-21-2012, 09:41 PM
5th ranked PER among power forwards. Not that over-rated. He's...rated.

Haha thats what I was thinking.

Run&Gun
01-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Lamarcus Alridge definately between Z-Bo and and him have the Smoothest offensive game in the NBA (Dirk is pretty awesome but he's not really smooth he's more akward)

I also think he's got good post defense, but when you watch him I feel like he doesn't play as hard as Griffin or Love, granted I think he's a more complete player than Griffin.Think he should def. play in the all star game.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Being an All-Star means absolutely nothing.

Leading your team into a position where they have a possible shot at an NBA Title, THAT really means something.

Means absolutely nothing to YOU sir, but Im sure the players enjoy that recognition even if they act like they don't. There's also such a thing as doing both by the way.......

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Lamarcus Alridge definately between Z-Bo and and him have the Smoothest offensive game in the NBA (Dirk is pretty awesome but he's not really smooth he's more akward)

I also think he's got good post defense, but when you watch him I feel like he doesn't play as hard as Griffin or Love, granted I think he's a more complete player than Griffin.Think he should def. play in the all star game.

If I was a up and coming high school or college PF I would model my game after him or Z-bo. Perfect combination of having nice range but still mixes it up on the inside and not afraid of contact. Reminds me of a focused version of a young Sheed......

jiggin
01-21-2012, 10:53 PM
homer?

im not from virgin islands

im not a fan of the spurs

how come im a homer?

Im basing that opinion on experience

ive seen Dr J, Kareem, Shaq been called by coaches to allstar when their career was already wack out of respect.
Dont see why Duncan shouldnt gather the same amount of respect from coaches.

Because they should be elected to the 2012 all-star ballot for their 2012 statistics, not from name recognition, previous "respect" or stats or any other stupid notion that isn't relative to the 2012 basketball season.

See, this is why all-star games and voting is a joke.

Raph12
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
It's a shame, but the forward position is pretty locked up out West (not saying all of those guys are better but they'll get in).

ragee
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
He is better than Love or Griffin. Stats and highlight reels just plays tricks on people's minds...

Corey
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
1) Aldridge
2) Love
3) Dirk
4) Gasol
5) Amare
6) Bosh
7) Randolph
8) Griffin
9) Smith
10) .....Bargs? Meh

phen0m
01-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Tyrus Thomas is better

valade16
01-22-2012, 10:32 AM
1) Aldridge
2) Love
3) Dirk
4) Gasol
5) Amare
6) Bosh
7) Randolph
8) Griffin
9) Smith
10) .....Bargs? Meh

That is a bold list sir.

Even though I'm a huge Blazers fan I still believe Dirk is the best PF in the NBA.

bucketss
01-22-2012, 10:44 AM
1) Aldridge
2) Love
3) Dirk
4) Gasol
5) Amare
6) Bosh
7) Randolph
8) Griffin
9) Smith
10) .....Bargs? Meh

whos smith?

Corey
01-22-2012, 10:47 AM
That is a bold list sir.

Even though I'm a huge Blazers fan I still believe Dirk is the best PF in the NBA.

:shrug:

Dirk hasn't been all that good this year.

He's shooting career lows from the field and from 3, and he's rebounding his lowest averages since his rookie year.

Even if he does pick up his game in the second half of the season, I dont see him posting consistently better games than Love or Aldridge.

I love him as a player, and I'm hoping he's just out of shape rather than declining, but age catches up to everyone eventually.

bucketss
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
oh josh smith nvm

valade16
01-22-2012, 11:07 AM

He's shooting career lows from the field and from 3, and he's rebounding his lowest averages since his rookie year.

Even if he does pick up his game in the second half of the season, I dont see him posting consistently better games than Love or Aldridge.

I love him as a player, and I'm hoping he's just out of shape rather than declining, but age catches up to everyone eventually.

Age does, I guess I just didn't expect it to hit him so quickly!

ragee
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
That is a bold list sir.

And I am a Mavs fan and as of right now, I do agree with that list. Dirk's out of shape and is injured... That's why the Mavs decided to sit him out for a while so he could focus on conditioning...

ragee
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM

Just like I said, in my previous post, its his knees. When he gets back we could see how he really is. I don't think he's declining and at this rate. His type of play does not rely on speed and athleticism. Maybe I am just biased because I am a big Dirk fan but we will see when he gets back...

Corey
01-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I dont disagree, I just can't put him at 1 or 2 on my own list with the way this season has gone so far.

Like I said, I love him as a player and I hope he comes back strong. He's fun to watch when he's on.

Corey
01-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I dont disagree, I just can't put him at 1 or 2 on my own list with the way this season has gone so far.

Like I said, I love him as a player and I hope he comes back strong. He's fun to watch when he's on.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Probably get snubbed for Love again. Well I take that back, he'll probably take Gasols place unless Pau wakes up.....

You can't be snubbed by a better player.

LA will probably make the ASG, with Yao gone, ZBo missing too much time to get any votes, and everyone knowing Duncan is not deserving anymore. And he should get that nod over placing another traditional center like Gasol or Gortat that LA has outplayed.

Bishnoff
01-22-2012, 11:31 PM
This season:

1. Love
2. Aldridge
3. Griffin

Most of the other big name PF's are having sub-par seasons so far (Amar'e, Dirk, Pau) or are injured (Z-Bo).

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM
You can't be snubbed by a better player.

LA will probably make the ASG, with Yao gone, ZBo missing too much time to get any votes, and everyone knowing Duncan is not deserving anymore. And he should get that nod over placing another traditional center like Gasol or Gortat that LA has outplayed.

No way Love is better than LA but you are right I forgot Z-Bo was out too so he should be a shoe in.....

Corey
01-23-2012, 01:09 AM
No way Love is better than LA but you are right I forgot Z-Bo was out too so he should be a shoe in.....

'No way' is forcing it. He can certainly make the argument that Love is having a better year than LaMarcus.

Love posts better rebounding percentages, shooting from deep, points, rebounds, WS/48, and a slightly better overall WS and PER.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
My argument would be mostly based on LA's superior post game, superior defense, and tendency to come up big when it counts. Keep in mind he's on a team thats about 10 deep doing this, let him and Love switch places and his numbers go up and Loves go down.....

beasted86
01-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I really like Lamarcus Aldridge, very good player. He should definitely be an all-star.

That said, he isn't doing anything Bosh didn't do for years in Toronto, putting up good numbers on low playoff seed teams or 9-10th ranked teams in the playoff chase. He needs to improve his rebounding and defense, and lead his team to a top 3 spot before we can really call him underrated.

Corey
01-23-2012, 02:35 AM
My argument would be mostly based on LA's superior post game, superior defense, and tendency to come up big when it counts. Keep in mind he's on a team thats about 10 deep doing this, let him and Love switch places and his numbers go up and Loves go down.....

That makes no sense at all considering Love already averages more points on less shot attempts.

Greet
01-23-2012, 02:41 AM
That makes no sense at all considering Love already averages more points on less shot attempts.

But Love is playing with the best passing PG of all time :shrug:

ACanadian
01-23-2012, 02:51 AM
I wish my Toronto Raptors picked him over Bargs THANKS AGAIN BC

ragee
01-23-2012, 08:03 AM
I really like Lamarcus Aldridge, very good player. He should definitely be an all-star.

That said, he isn't doing anything Bosh didn't do for years in Toronto, putting up good numbers on low playoff seed teams or 9-10th ranked teams in the playoff chase. He needs to improve his rebounding and defense, and lead his team to a top 3 spot before we can really call him underrated.

Being a low seed in the east is so much different than being a low seed in the west. Your argument is kind of flawed because you are comparing his accomplishments with Bosh's . Bosh has been an all-star and was regarded as one of the top power forwards when he was with the Raptors. If Bosh got all the attention and the acknowledgement that he received when he was in Toronto and LA is not getting any, then wouldn't that be considered as Aldridge being underrated?