PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon wants extension with Hornets

nolafan33
01-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Shooting guard Eric Gordon said he’s willing to sign a long-term contract extension with the Hornets, who have until Wednesday to make that happen. But as the clock ticks away on that deadline, it’s also ticking on the timeline that is keeping Gordon sidelined with a bone bruise in his right knee that has limited the Hornets’ leading scorer to just two games this season.

Gordon said his agent, Rob Pelinka, has had ongoing dialog with the Hornets about an extension, and that the Hornets have expressed an interest.

“You know they’ve told me they want me here, they want an extension,” Gordon said. “But it’s all about what they think is the worth in me. They see that I’m capable of helping this team win, capable of playing hard every night offensively and defensively. Now it’s all about dealing with what I’m worth.”

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/01/eric_gordon_says_hes_open_to_a.html

Great news for Hornets fans. Also puts a stop to the "he's not happy in NOLA" thing.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-21-2012, 11:57 AM
He is a restricted. Most players that are ending their rookie contract resign due to the fact that it's either resign or demand a trade.

iliketurtles24
01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Willing is not wanting

Tmath
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Next free agent crop is getting slimmer & slimmer.

king4day
01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
If I'm him, I'd do the extension and tellm, you have the duration of my contract to make this team elite.

nolafan33
01-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Willing is not wanting

Im very open to a long-term extension, said Gordon, the seventh pick in the 2008 draft. Its all about having enough security to where Im able to be here.

Willing or want. There is no difference here. He likes being in New Orleans, and he's WILLING (the definition of willing is ready, eager, or prepared to do something) to sign the extension when the Hornets offer him one. So...

He's ready to sign an extension with the Hornets.
He's eager to sign an extension with the Hornets.
He's prepared to sign an extension with the Hornets.

See what I did there?

Crackadalic
01-21-2012, 12:27 PM
He would probably do it if that team gets the 2 of the first 3 picks in that star studded draft in 2012

Raps08-09 Champ
01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Lebron and Bosh signed a deal.

Let's see him resign the 2nd time after going through more struggles.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Stern will veto the extension.

airforceones25
01-21-2012, 02:16 PM
he's going to want a max deal or pretty damn close to it... his agent was asking the Clippers for this deal this is what made him expendable for the trade..

Cal827
01-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Kinda feel bad for the guy. Wants to stay loyal and he might be dealt, yet again. He's going to royally screw one of his next teams in the future.

alexander_37
01-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Stern will veto the extension.

Lol'd ..... but sadly probably. Then force a trade to the Clippers for a 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft.

Hellcrooner
01-21-2012, 04:55 PM
it more the " im restricted this mofos are not letting me walk so i better say some stupidity that is good for PR, there will be time to highjack the team later" attitued.

Sportfan
01-21-2012, 05:02 PM
he is a restricted. Most players that are ending their rookie contract resign due to the fact that it's either resign or demand a trade.
qo.

NoahH
01-21-2012, 05:03 PM
For a player like Eric Gordon looking to establish himself in the league, i think staying with the Hornets is a smart move. If I were him i'd rather be option 1 on the Hornets then signing with another team and being option 2. He's a player that the team can build around if he continues to improve.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-21-2012, 05:10 PM
qo.

There would be no point of taking the qualifying offer when he can cash in now and he can leave in 3 years or even demand a trade.

I am Smart
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM
8% 3 pt lol

smith&wesson
01-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I still dont understand how the hornets team is being ran.

who is the majority owner. who is it on to spend the money and put the pieces in place to make a contending team ? because if all the owners own a piece of the hornets i dont see any of them seriously wanting to make the hornets a better franchise then the one that have a majority share in.

if i was a player i wouldnt want to play for a team with out a clear owner. id want to know that the owner wants to win. who is the owner in new orleans ? david stern ?

i just dont know.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I understand he wants to get paid but I would have nothing to do with Sterns Hornets. His best bet is to play his tail off and increase his value. When he's restricted if some team overpays there's no way NO matches the offer. With the new cba they'd be screwed......

FriedTofuz
01-21-2012, 07:05 PM
hes going to demand alot cash. This was a sucessful trade for the hornet, they actually get a good upcoming player along with expirings in chris kaman. Perfect trade for the hornets. The cavs and raptors management should learn to get better pieces back for bosh and james lol.

Bulls_fan90
01-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Good for the Hornets. Hope they get a deal done. Drummond + Gordon :drool:

ACanadian
01-21-2012, 08:11 PM
hes going to demand alot cash. This was a sucessful trade for the hornet, they actually get a good upcoming player along with expirings in chris kaman. Perfect trade for the hornets. The cavs and raptors management should learn to get better pieces back for bosh and james lol.

Thats what I was saying for that season! My Raptors GM is stupid 90% of the time...

nolafan33
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I understand he wants to get paid but I would have nothing to do with Sterns Hornets. His best bet is to play his tail off and increase his value. When he's restricted if some team overpays there's no way NO matches the offer. With the new cba they'd be screwed......

Hornets reportedly will have a owner in 4-6 weeks.

Lots of speculation that Michael Dell could be part of an ownership group.

HouRealCoach
01-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Lebron and Bosh signed a deal.

Let's see him resign the 2nd time after going through more struggles.

Hornets can draft.. I hope they pair him with atleast two studs