PDA

View Full Version : Referee's Blows Yet Another Call

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 01:53 AM
The Warriors vs Pacers game, Monta has the ball begins to drive with a crossover and Hill kicks the ball and converts an and 1 to put the Pacers up 3 with 1.8 to go. There needs to be a rule set into place on questionable calls within the last two minutes. This is the second time the ref's have cost the Warriors a game this season, and I'm sure there not the only team to be screwed.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120120/INDGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100226#nbaGIboxscore

asandhu23
01-21-2012, 01:55 AM
I agree. it was ********.

latinofire21
01-21-2012, 01:57 AM
cool story. Didnt watch the play but dont really need too. 1 play doesnt decide a game. 4 quarters of play decide the game. get over it.

asandhu23
01-21-2012, 01:59 AM
cool story. Didnt watch the play but dont really need too. 1 play doesnt decide a game. 4 quarters of play decide the game. get over it.

really? Warriors and Pacers were tied. Whatshisface kicks the ball out of Ellis' hands and makes the game winning play. Refs didn't even review it.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-21-2012, 02:00 AM

I beg to differ. It was a close game with 2 mins left.

An incorrect call can greatly alter a game. Regardless of what happens in the first 46 minutes.

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 02:03 AM

So the Warriors have the ball and are going to get the last shot, but the Pacers convert an and 1 on a blown call and it doesn't decide the game?

utl768
01-21-2012, 02:03 AM
:cry::cry::cry:

heatfan03
01-21-2012, 02:04 AM
yeah this thread is going to be taken seriously.

how about you post a video at least to describe and back up your point as opposed to making a thread with your rant about a blown call.

iFYouSeekAmy
01-21-2012, 02:04 AM
George Hill*

but yeah- it sucks.

heatfan03
01-21-2012, 02:06 AM
that being said as a whole I have seen quite a few interesting calls this season, only been to 4 games in person this season but just from watching games and highlights certainly seems the refs are a bit rusty also after the lockout

VCaintdead17
01-21-2012, 02:07 AM
:shrug:

asandhu23
01-21-2012, 02:08 AM
that being said as a whole I have seen quite a few interesting calls this season, only been to 4 games in person this season but just from watching games and highlights certainly seems the refs are a bit rusty also after the lockout

rusty enough to miss the thing everyone is looking at?

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 02:11 AM
It was the center of the court with all eyes on him. How can you miss a call of that magnitude?

northsider
01-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Wow just seen the replay I don't know how you can't tell that was an obvious kick. The ball doesn't just magically change direction hahahahaha.

asandhu23
The video is here....
http://www.nba.com/games/20120120/INDGSW/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100226#nbaGIboxscore

VCaintdead17
rusty enough to miss the thing everyone is looking at?

Maybe the reason you lost is because you scored 22 points in the first quarter instead of 28. Maybe if you shot 49.6% from the field instead of 46.3% you would have won. Maybe if your defense only allowed us to shoot 6-16 from three instead of 8-16 you would have won by two.

To act like one play decided an entire game is completely ignorant on your part. Your team put themselves in the position they were in.

northsider
01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Maybe the reason you lost is because you scored 22 points in the first quarter instead of 28. Maybe if you shot 49.6% from the field instead of 46.3% you would have won. Maybe if your defense only allowed us to shoot 6-16 from three instead of 8-16 you would have won by two.

To act like one play decided an entire game is completely ignorant on your part. Your team put themselves in the position they were in.

One play within the control of a team to decide a game is one thing but, a blatant kick and no call should never ever ever ever ever decide the ending of a game. I hate ref complaining but, this was a really bad no call. I watched the video thinking it might of just been hard to see but, it wasn't at all.

Ty Fast
01-21-2012, 02:20 AM
boo whoo............... refs screw teams all the time. ask the kings.

asandhu23
01-21-2012, 02:21 AM

The game was ****ing tied. YES, it did ****ing decide the game. it was a turnover which should not have been a turnover. That turnover lead to them scoring 3 points which is what they beat us by.

Ezio
01-21-2012, 02:23 AM
That was so obvious too. His hands are up and the ball goes flying.

Monta is beast

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard! One play doesn't decide a game? Well the worst possible outcome the Warriors have in that situation is overtime at home, if the ref's got the call right. Remember what Monta did against the Pacers last year?

VCaintdead17
One play within the control of a team to decide a game is one thing but, a blatant kick and no call should never ever ever ever ever decide the ending of a game. I hate ref complaining but, this was a really bad no call. I watched the video thinking it might of just been hard to see but, it wasn't at all.

Yeah, it was a bad call, I agree. But it didn't decide the game, everything preceding it did. It's not like the Warriors didn't have the opportunity before hand to gain the lead. If they shot better they wouldn't have been tied at this point in the first place.

asandhu23
01-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Yeah, it was a bad call, I agree. But it didn't decide the game, everything preceding it did. It's not like the Warriors didn't have the opportunity before hand to gain the lead. If they shot better they wouldn't have been tied at this point in the first place.

They were ****ing tied. Whatever happened earlier in the game doesn't ****ing matter at that point.

VCaintdead17
01-21-2012, 02:26 AM
The game was ****ing tied. YES, it did ****ing decide the game. it was a turnover which should not have been a turnover. That turnover lead to them scoring 3 points which is what they beat us by.

Good to see you're as ignorant as ever. Are you trying to tell me that the Warriors didn't have the opportunity to be leading in points the first 47 minutes of the game? It's not their fault that they were tied in the fourth quarter? They played PERFECTLY up until that play?

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 02:27 AM

So what your saying is that play didn't matter right? Well is Monta does what he did last year against the Pacers the Warriors win this game. If he misses the shot, the game goes into overtime. It doesn't matter what happened before that, because the game was tied and the ref's gave the game to the Pacers.

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Good to see you're as ignorant as ever. Are you trying to tell me that the Warriors didn't have the opportunity to be leading in points the first 47 minutes of the game? It's not their fault that they were tied in the fourth quarter? They played PERFECTLY up until that play?

So because the Warriors didn't have the lead, it makes it perfectly okay to give the Pacers the game? Sounds about right.

:facepalm:

VCaintdead17
01-21-2012, 02:30 AM
So what your saying is that play didn't matter right? Well is Monta does what he did last year against the Pacers the Warriors win this game. If he misses the shot, the game goes into overtime. It doesn't matter what happened before that, because the game was tied and the ref's gave the game to the Pacers.

I'm saying that that possession mattered just as much as every other possession tonight. If you played better before hand you wouldn't have been in that situation. Stop playing the victim. 3's and 2's are worth the same amount no matter what quarter it is.

asandhu23
01-21-2012, 02:32 AM

It was a tied game. Warriors weren't perfect but they did enough to have a chance at winning that game. That game was taken away from them on a ****** call.

and yea we had chances to overtake the Pacers. There were something like 30 lead changes this game. Both sides were evenly matched. This call decided the whole game because the game lead was flip flopping like Romney until the very end.

Sactown
01-21-2012, 02:33 AM
boo whoo............... refs screw teams all the time. ask the kings.

This made me LOL :clap:

Synopsis for this thread

Warriors fans :mad:

Pacers fans ::dance2:

utl768
all i see is monta rocking jordan 13 flints

nice kicks (no pun intended lol)

JC_
Watched the replay, yeah that was pretty fail. After it happend everyone on and off the court made a kick ball gesture lol

VCaintdead17
01-21-2012, 02:39 AM
It was a tied game. Warriors weren't perfect but they did enough to have a chance at winning that game. That game was taken away from them on a ****** call.

and yea we had chances to overtake the Pacers. There were something like 30 lead changes this game. Both sides were evenly matched. This call decided the whole game because the game lead was flip flopping like Romney until the very end.

So it's not the Warriors fault that they didn't play well enough to take the lead by the fourth quarter?

If the Warriors were up by twenty when this play happened would this thread have been made?

GrandDaddyPurp
01-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Nice shoes.

The Warriors would have still lost in overtime so it just saved everybody some time in the end.

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 02:44 AM
So it's not the Warriors fault that they didn't play well enough to take the lead by the fourth quarter?

If the Warriors were up by twenty when this play happened would this thread have been made?

So because the Warriors didn't blow the Pacers out, they shouldn't get an fair call?

JC_
01-21-2012, 02:45 AM

If the Warriors were up by twenty when this play happens would this thread have been made?

GJ trolling, you got them to bite :clap: but it's time to ***** off. Anyone thinking of responding to this guy, don't bother. He's just trying to be douchey.

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 02:51 AM
GJ trolling, you got them to bite :clap: but it's time to ***** off. Anyone thinking of responding to this guy, don't bother. He's just trying to be douchey.

I was wondering, because his argument made absolutely no sense.

VCaintdead17
01-21-2012, 02:53 AM
So because the Warriors didn't blow the Pacers out, they shouldn't get an fair call?

I would appreciate it if you read and processed what I am telling you so I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

You're absolutely right they should get the fair call, I agree with you on that. But to claim this is the sole reason you lost is completely absurd. The Warriors had basically 4 entire quarters, as did the Pacers, to get the job done and develop a comfortable lead. Every possession is equally important and if you delivered on more of the possessions preceding this one you wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place. It sucks that the game had to come down to that ****** call, I agree, but the Warriors put themselves in that position. They have no one to blame but themselves.

FriedTofuz
01-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Get over it this happends all over the nba.

OutOfTHEBLUE
01-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Blown call all the way...

The Warriors weren't guaranteed to win the game, but they definitely shouldn't have lost it like this.

JC_
01-21-2012, 02:55 AM
I was wondering, because his argument made absolutely no sense.

lol it actually made sense but that's irrelevant. He was just trying to get on peoples nerves.

Teeboy1487
01-21-2012, 02:55 AM
I agree. It was clearly a kicked ball. The incompetent NBA refs strike again.

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 03:25 AM
First of all there were a lot of no-calls on plays that were clearly fouls, David West got fouled a few times and the refs let them play. Second of all, it was actually a fair call. The call was a unintentional kick because Ellis dribbled into Hill's foot which was not Hill's fault. The game is over, move on.

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 03:32 AM
It seems like anytime a Pacer fan tries to stand up for themselves we get chewed out by everybody....

--23--
01-21-2012, 03:39 AM
I just seen the video that was definitely a kick ball

celmxc
01-21-2012, 03:48 AM
wow... definitely a game changer... i think some refs may be afraid to make calls at the end of games though..

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 03:49 AM
I just seen the video that was definitely a kick ball

Oh, you just seen it did ya?

shizzle09
01-21-2012, 04:09 AM
wow! that was a really bad miss by the refs.

shizzle09
01-21-2012, 04:13 AM

lol, they werent up 20 and the game was tied when the ball was kicked. all this crap about they should have been up before the miss is naive and dumb. The refs flat out missed this call plain and simple. it happens but it doesnt mean its not ********. warrior fans have every right to be upset about this.

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 04:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZHvwmUU2RA&feature=player_embedded
So what are everyone's thoughts on this play that happened in the same game? Had it happened at the last second we would have an argument too. We got robbed of a call, you got robbed of a call. We're even.

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 04:32 AM
The Warriors vs Pacers game, Monta has the ball begins to drive with a crossover and Jones kicks the ball and converts an and 1 to put the Pacers up 3 with 1.8 to go. There needs to be a rule set into place on questionable calls within the last two minutes. This is the second time the ref's have cost the Warriors a game this season, and I'm sure there not the only team to be screwed.

Jones kicked it eh?

LGhost
01-21-2012, 07:19 AM
That was a terrible call, even the announcers said it was obvious. I don't mind bad calls throughout most of the game but refs really need to turn it up at the end of games because that is when it is most important. I'm sure they have to hear it from somebody higher than them though

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Refs have to see everything....really?

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 07:26 AM
I just think there should be a rule in place, that if there is any question about a call in the final two minutes of a game, it can be reviewed. This is already the 2nd game the refs have taken from the Warriors, and it's BS! There is a huge difference between a 7-8 record and a 5-10 record. Especially when your missing two key players.

LGhost
01-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Refs have to see everything....really?

At least one of them should have their eye on the damn basketball, especially when it's fumbling around at the end of a game... Yes refs have to see everything, that is their job, that is why there is 3... Yes there will be bad calls but are you going to argue they shouldn't have seen that?

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 07:28 AM
It's clear as day that Ellis was starting a crossover move, and then all of a sudden the ball takes of towards the Pacers hoop. The whole damn arena knew the call right away, but three paid professionals didn't? That's just sad.

LGhost
01-21-2012, 07:29 AM
I just think there should be a rule in place, that if there is any question about a call in the final two minutes of a game, it can be reviewed. This is already the 2nd game the refs have taken from the Warriors, and it's BS! There is a huge difference between a 7-8 record and a 5-10 record. Especially when your missing two key players.

Which makes me wonder why they do review calls sometimes and not others. Probably because a player says something with an attitude and they choose to stick to their call. Players really need to stop with the complaining, for instance Blake Griffin. The dude complains all the time, he even stares the refs down, I'm surprised they don't do something about that.

YoungOne
01-21-2012, 09:35 AM
yeah horrible call, refs still having their lockout hangover this season, so many blatant wrong or missed calls...

YoungOne
01-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Which makes me wonder why they do review calls sometimes and not others. Probably because a player says something with an attitude and they choose to stick to their call. Players really need to stop with the complaining, for instance Blake Griffin. The dude complains all the time, he even stares the refs down, I'm surprised they don't do something about that.

cant review this one cause it wasnt a dead ball situation.

RyanRocker
01-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Awful missed call. I was watching when it happened. The woulda shouldas need to gtfo with that. We're talking about a specific non-call that gave the game to the other team. How do you not understand that? If you're going to be a dick then move on.

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 11:15 AM
The refs have been horrible this year. There were plays down the stretch that were questionable no calls for both teams is all I'm saying.

Stack_NJNets
01-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Im guessing your a Warriors fan? Um what about the three goaltends GSW had on NJ that were blown?

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
The NBA, on its official website, addressed the penultimate play in Friday’s Pacers-Warriors game, saying that the officials missed a kicked ball violation against Pacers guard George Hill.

In the final seconds of Friday’s game, with the score tied 91-91, Monta Ellis attempted a cross-over dribble and the ball struck the foot of Hill, who then picked up the loose ball and drove to the other end of the court and completed a three-point play with 1.8 seconds remaining.

“With 5.4 seconds remaining in the Indiana-Golden State game on Jan. 20, Pacers guard George Hill intentionally kicked the ball away from Warriors guard Monta Ellis during his cross over dribble. According to rule no. 10, Section IV.b, kicking the ball or striking it with any part of the leg is a violation when it is an intentional act. The officials missed the kicked ball violation which should have resulted in a deadball situation and Golden State inbounding the ball on the sideline nearest the spot of the violation."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/NBA-says-it-missed-kicked-ball-violation?blockID=635580&feedID=5882

Monta is beast
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Im guessing your a Warriors fan? Um what about the three goaltends GSW had on NJ that were blown?

What about the no call after no call that Humphries got? He went over the back at least 3 time, and the refs didn't blow the whistle.

Daunter
01-21-2012, 07:19 PM

They were in position to win