PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love "I Am The Best Power Forward In The League"

MetroMan
01-20-2012, 10:10 PM
ESPNChrisPalmer
chris palmer

Kevin Love on NBA's best power forward: "It's me. Every time I step on the floor I have the upper hand."
59 minutes ago via web

Love: "I'm an anomaly. I'm different. I'm tired of people saying what I can't do. Put me in any system and I'll have success."

Strong words by Love. He better back them up

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Put him on Warriors' system!

Cal827
01-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Um, Didn't know the best PF in the League doesn't know how to defend properly.

bovice163
01-20-2012, 10:13 PM
I love this kid. No argument from me here. If he keeps up this statistical pace all year, which he will barring injury, it's an easy jump for him into the top 10.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:15 PM
he isn't saying anything his supporters haven't said. We read constantly that he has athletic limitations, cant jump, can't do this or that, his stats are hollow on a bad team, blah, blah, blah.

Kid won high school national basketball player of the year.
Kid won Pac-10 freshman and Player of the year.
Just had a season not seen in 28 years.

At some point, people need to accept the big slow white kid can play with anyone.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:17 PM

He held his man to an average PER and 41% shooting last year, and has been good this year as well, ranked #94 in the NBA in synergy defensive ratings, which is better then 261 other NBA players. He understands he doesn't have the lift to be Dwight, so he positions himself perfect, takes charges, knocks balls loose, and if you miss, possession over.

It reminds me of Dirk. He spent years trying to shake the "bad defender" label put on him.

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
he isn't saying anything his supporters haven't said. We read constantly that he has athletic limitations, cant jump, can't do this or that, his stats are hollow on a good team, blah, blah, blah.

Kid won high school national basketball player of the year.
Kid won Pac-10 freshman and Player of the year.
Just had a season not seen in 28 years.

At some point, people need to accept the big slow white kid can play with anyone.

That's why I traded Stephen Curry for him in 2k12. Starting lineup of Love, Lee, Dorell, Monta and Ricky Rubio ( Wolves wanted to trade Rubio and Love for Steph Curry straight up )

Sactown
01-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I like this, as the team leader he should feel this way..

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
That's why I traded Stephen Curry for him in 2k12. Starting lineup of Love, Lee, Dorell, Monta and Ricky Rubio ( Wolves wanted to trade Rubio and Love for Steph Curry straight up )

thank god you changed your sig, that fall was making me throw up in my mouth.

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 10:23 PM
thank god you changed your sig, that fall was making me throw up in my mouth.

how about the kick? the kick is pretty nasty too.

beasted86
01-20-2012, 10:23 PM
"Every time I step on the floor I have the upper hand."

"Put me in any system and I'll have success."

If this were LeBron James he would be lambasted not only for the arrogant nature of this, but also for defining success as anything less than a championship, let alone, as in Love's case, the inability to finish with higher than an 6th worst record in 3 seasons.

But , oh well, let the thread continue.

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 10:24 PM
If this were LeBron James he would be lambasted not only for the arrogant nature of this, but also for defining success as anything less than a championship.

and a Heat fan brings up LeBron for no reason...

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:26 PM
how about the kick? the kick is pretty nasty too.

meh, I fought in a fight or two in competition and got hit much harder then that.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:28 PM
If this were LeBron James he would be lambasted not only for the arrogant nature of this, but also for defining success as anything less than a championship, let alone, as in Love's case, the inability to finish with higher than an 6th worst record in 3 seasons.

dude, you should know by now LeBron can't say anything a normal player can without taking a massive amount of criticism. You won't see me in on it, but you know its coming.

The last part is funny. Look at Love's roster those past 3 years. They were awful.

beasted86
01-20-2012, 10:29 PM
and a Heat fan brings up LeBron for no reason...

It's "HEAT", not "Heat".... and my post was relevant to the topic.

LAKERS 24/7
01-20-2012, 10:29 PM

:facepalm: was that necessary?

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 10:30 PM

1. ...?
2. how?

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 10:30 PM
:facepalm: was that necessary?

exactly...

Sactown
01-20-2012, 10:32 PM

We all know Lebron feels that way when he steps on the court, he has too, and he has every right too. As he's the best basketball player in the world

Kevin Love is on an up and coming T-Wolves team that could use confidence, so it's a breath of fresh air to hear him say that. Hopefully the whole team rallies behind him and they can all gain a greater confidence in their game

beasted86
01-20-2012, 10:32 PM
dude, you should know by now LeBron can't say anything a normal player can without taking a massive amount of criticism. You won't see me in on it, but you know its coming.

The last part is funny. Look at Love's roster those past 3 years. They were awful.

There is no "they" when Love is talking about success and being the best PF in the NBA and always having an advantage.

Once he starts taking on that tone and demeanor that means he's the leader of the team and whatever impact he has is lowered along with "his team's" performances.

John Walls Era
01-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Well I was supporting him as a top 3 PF, but not sure I like this... for his sake. Hes going to have to start living like the best PF in the league soon (this is what happens if you hype yourself up).

Slug3
01-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Lebron came in to this league on top.... I think Love more had to prove his own worth and now that he has put up some great number, its almost like its still not good enough for some.

beasted86
01-20-2012, 10:34 PM
1. ...?
2. how?

Yes.

Tony_Starks
01-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Nice that he's overconfident but he's not the best pf. Putting up stats on a sub-par team and actually changing the game are not the same thing. Give me somebody like Aldridge who actually leads his team regardless of who's on the floor and knows how to come through in the clutch...

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:37 PM
There is no "they" when Love is talking about success and being the best PF in the NBA and always having an advantage.

Once he starts taking on that tone and demeanor that means he's the leader of the team and whatever impact he has is lowered along with "his team's" performances.

He is speaking of himself.

And I don't agree with your second statement at all.

Drop your comparison, and move on dude. You know dropping LeBron bombs just derails threads. Talk about the quote and the player who made it, or you are being as bad as the rest of the trolls that do this to any thread possible.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Well I was supporting him as a top 3 PF, but not sure I like this... for his sake. Hes going to have to start living like the best PF in the league soon (this is what happens if you hype yourself up).

oh no doubt. He is making the bed he has to lay in. When guys like Gasol, Amare, Bosh, Dirk, Griffin, etc, hear this, they will be bringing their A game when they play him.

kdspurman
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Until any of these new PF's play on both ends like Timmy and KG did during their prime of their careers, these guys are all the same. I personally cannot even think who the best PF in the game is cause they all seem more focused on scoring than playing both ends. Love rebounds the ball great however, I guess he probably is. But I'd love to see him become a better on ball defender and help defender.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Nice that he's overconfident but he's not the best pf. Putting up stats on a sub-par team and actually changing the game are not the same thing. Give me somebody like Aldridge who actually leads his team regardless of who's on the floor and knows how to come through in the clutch...

again, please tell me how Love was supposed to win games with his roster, and then you throw in Portland's, which was MUCH stronger over the past few years.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Until any of these new PF's play on both ends like Timmy and KG did during their prime of their careers, these guys are all the same. I personally cannot even think who the best PF in the game is cause they all seem more focused on scoring than playing both ends. Love rebounds the ball great however, I guess he probably is. But I'd love to see him become a better on ball defender and help defender.

he has gotten better at the 3 things I talked about in the Wolves board last year:

Defense
Leadership
One on one scoring

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=garneke01&y1=1999&p2=loveke01&y2=2012

KG vs Love, 4th season. Its Love by a mile on offense, and his defense has vastly improved, though he will never be on KG's level, his offense will be better.

kdspurman
01-20-2012, 10:47 PM
he has gotten better at the 3 things I talked about in the Wolves board last year:

Defense
Leadership
One on one scoring

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=garneke01&y1=1999&p2=loveke01&y2=2012

KG vs Love, 4th season. Its Love by a mile on offense, and his defense has vastly improved, though he will never be on KG's level, his offense will be better.

Absolutely... I hate playing them to be honest. But I don't see (and I guess it will come as he matures) that defensive mindset where he's trying to lock down the other teams top PF or even C for that matter. His footwork in the post has improved as well, but there's still certainly room to get better.

But like I said I would probably say him, or Aldridge at this point as he's been very impressive too.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Absolutely... I hate playing them to be honest. But I don't see (and I guess it will come as he matures) that defensive mindset where he's trying to lock down the other teams top PF or even C for that matter. His footwork in the post has improved as well, but there's still certainly room to get better.

But like I said I would probably say him, or Aldridge at this point as he's been very impressive too.

he is holding PF's to a PER of 10.5, C's to a PER of 12.1. He will never be a KG defender, he just doesn't have the athletic ability. But Adelman has him playing with a TON more effort, and since our guards don't let players go right by them, exposing everyone in our interior, he just has to worry about his own guy, and helping in the area, which he has done a good job with.

But yeah man, I would love to see him take more and more pride in shutting down his guy.

beasted86
01-20-2012, 10:50 PM
He is speaking of himself.

And I don't agree with your second statement at all.

Drop your comparison, and move on dude. You know dropping LeBron bombs just derails threads. Talk about the quote and the player who made it, or you are being as bad as the rest of the trolls that do this to any thread possible.

I thought my post relayed my opinion even without the LeBron inclusion.

His stance is arrogant. He calls himself the best PF when comparing statistics there's realistically no aspect of basketball he's better than Dirk Nowitzki at other than rebounding. Dirk last season was a better shooter... needless to add a better scorer by miles... a better passer, a better defender, and lead his team to a championship. Love lead his team to the worst record in the NBA, even worst than a 27-loss-in-a-row Cavs team.

Even if he's excluding last season, and only looking at this season, thinking ~14 games and a losing record is enough to lay claim to the best PF spot is wrong as well.

Reporters feel free to ask Kobe about all the shots he's missing, LeBron about his 4th quarter numbers, Westbrook about his turnovers and fitting with Durant, etc... but they don't seem to ask Love the rough questions like, what have you done to prove you are better than "X" player? Why has your team record been so terrible over the past 2 seasons since Jefferson left? Do you know what defense is? ;)

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 10:52 PM
I thought my post relayed my opinion even without the LeBron inclusion.

His stance is arrogant. He calls himself the best PF when comparing statistics there's realistically no aspect of basketball he's better than Dirk Nowitzki at other than rebounding. Shooting, Dirk last season was a better shooter, a better passer, a better defender, and lead his team to a championship. Love lead his team to the worst record in the NBA, even worst than a 27-loss-in-a-row Cavs team.

Even if he's excluding last season, and only looking at this season, thinking ~14 games and a losing record is enough to lay claim to the best PF spot is wrong as well.

Reporters feel free to ask Kobe about all the shots he's missing, LeBron about his 4th quarter numbers, Westbrook about his turnovers and fitting with Durant, etc... but they don't seem to ask Love the rough questions like, what have you done to prove you are better than "X" player? Why has your team record been so terrible over the past 2 seasons since Jefferson left? Do you know what defense is? ;)

Rose said he wanted to be the MVP and thought he could do it last year, and most fans said, "great mindset".

Your opinion is stemming from what happens when your guys says something. Nothing more, nothing less.

We can be done with this now, you can call it arrogant, I will call it confidence, with more pressure for him to get better.

MrfadeawayJB
01-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Love is probably the top pf statistically, but i wouldnt say he is the best overall

kdspurman
01-20-2012, 11:00 PM
he is holding PF's to a PER of 10.5, C's to a PER of 12.1. He will never be a KG defender, he just doesn't have the athletic ability. But Adelman has him playing with a TON more effort, and since our guards don't let players go right by them, exposing everyone in our interior, he just has to worry about his own guy, and helping in the area, which he has done a good job with.

But yeah man, I would love to see him take more and more pride in shutting down his guy.

Impressive.. Didnt realize.. But yea, it's hard to do in today's game where you're just not seeing that effort as much at that position.. I mean guys like Sheed, Tim, KG, Big Ben, (from the early-late 2000's era) just seemed to take pride and do a great job of shutting down their man. You don't see that so much in today's game.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Impressive.. Didnt realize.. But yea, it's hard to do in today's game where you're just not seeing that effort as much at that position.. I mean guys like Sheed, Tim, KG, Big Ben, (from the early-late 2000's era) just seemed to take pride and do a great job of shutting down their man. You don't see that so much in today's game.

careful, or you are going to turn into that middle aged guy who says, "these players today will never be as good as in my day" hahaha.

You can't convince my Dad that there is a better player then Larry Bird today.

beasted86
01-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Rose said he wanted to be the MVP and thought he could do it last year, and most fans said, "great mindset".

Your opinion is stemming from what happens when your guys says something. Nothing more, nothing less.

We can be done with this now, you can call it arrogant, I will call it confidence, with more pressure for him to get better.

Confidence, huh?

Well Rose has improved every season and as so his team has gotten increasingly better. But conversely, as Love has improved, his team has gotten increasingly worse in the standings

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Confidence, huh?

Well Rose has improved every season and as so his team has gotten increasingly better. But conversely, as Love has improved, his team has gotten increasingly worse in the standings

Rose was drafted by a team that had no business jumping 12 teams to get him bro. A team that was the next, "up and comer" and had made the playoffs and scared the **** out of teams, and underachieved for a season, and somehow jumped 12 teams in the lottery to get Rose.

What would you like to cover next?

Hustlenomics
01-20-2012, 11:06 PM
so success to him is getting a bunch of rebounds and losing

beasted86
01-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Rose was drafted by a team that had no business jumping 12 teams to get him bro. A team that was the next, "up and comer" and had made the playoffs and scared the **** out of teams, and underachieved for a season, and somehow jumped 12 teams in the lottery to get Rose.

What would you like to cover next?

What I'd like to cover is what has Love done to prove he is the best PF in the NBA? Whether it be last season, or even for a meager 14 game intro to a new season.

Rose said he wants to be an MVP, not that he was an MVP. Love is saying he is the best PF in the league, and has been saying it in a couple of interviews.

kdspurman
01-20-2012, 11:11 PM
careful, or you are going to turn into that middle aged guy who says, "these players today will never be as good as in my day" hahaha.

You can't convince my Dad that there is a better player then Larry Bird today.

:laugh2: I know, I know... I get like that sometimes. But there are a lot of new guys who have been very impressive thus far. Guys labeling themselves the best or whatever tends to bring that side out of me cause it's like ok young fella you've got some work to do, just stay humble and continue to work on your game. People will notice and say it for you, you shouldn't have to call yourself that.

kozelkid
01-20-2012, 11:17 PM

No, it's Heat. Just because they're Miami Heat, doesn't mean they deserve to be in all caps. :laugh2:

Seriously, try harder to sound like an arrogant tool. Besides, I thought you were done with the NBA forum. And here I was thinking improvements were coming...

Raps08-09 Champ
01-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Currently, he is the best.

ohreally
01-20-2012, 11:36 PM
It's KNICKS, BUCKS, LAKERS...so it's Heat

Federal Reserve
01-20-2012, 11:43 PM
The self-proclaimed best power forward sure racks up wins as well as he stat pads.

ragee
01-20-2012, 11:50 PM

Its been like that for years... :D Dirk can play some team defense but is horrendous when it comes to one on one...

In response to Love, until he can put Ws on the wolves record, I don't his stats are saying much... I sure hope he does because I like the Wolves right now because of Rubio and Barea. Until that time comes, I would still pick Dirk and Aldridge over him...

Gram
01-21-2012, 01:07 AM
lol at beasted86.

CousinsEvansDUO
01-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Kevin love is not the best big by any stretch of the imagination. All of his rebounds are easy rebounds, where they just fall into his hands. He has good anticipation and that is all. Cousins is actually a better rebounder than him, cousins hustles his butt off to get any and all rebounds in his sigh,stats don't show it because he's still adjusting playing without fouling which will fix itself within time.

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Kevin love is not the best big by any stretch of the imagination. All of his rebounds are easy rebounds, where they just fall into his hands. He has good anticipation and that is all. Cousins is actually a better rebounder than him, cousins hustles his butt off to get any and all rebounds in his sigh,stats don't show it because he's still adjusting playing without fouling which will fix itself within time.

lolwut?

D-Will4Prez
01-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Hah. He can't "Play with anyone", look what he did with Al Jefferson. Those 2 did not work together which is why Jefferson got traded. I like Love, and I do believe he may be the best PF in the league with the fall of Gasol, but if he's as great as he says he is, why aren't the T-Wolves winning more games?

MetroMan
01-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Love surely is the best PF for now. Hit the game winner against blake's clips.

John Walls Era
01-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Any haters?

ClippersE.G
01-21-2012, 02:39 AM
I think its safe to say Kevin Love is the best generic PF in the history of the NBA. He will bring the T Wolves many titles.

:rolleyes:

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2012, 02:46 AM
I think its safe to say Kevin Love is the best generic PF in the history of the NBA. He will bring the T Wolves many titles.

:rolleyes:

http://f.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13142/13458024.jpg

SportsAndrew25
01-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Kevin Love is a BAWW$$$$EEE!!!!

celmxc
01-21-2012, 02:49 AM
yeah he is very skilled ... but so far he hasn't led his team to the playoffs like really great power fowards such as Dirk, or even Kevin Garnett ... i think team success > individual success IMO

John Walls Era
01-21-2012, 02:50 AM
http://f.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13142/13458024.jpg

http://g.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13142/13458102.jpg

EDIT: Why the hell is Griffin dressed like this...

Hawkeye15
01-21-2012, 02:51 AM
The Wolves would be the #7 seed in the east right now. The east is pathetic after its top teams.

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2012, 02:51 AM
http://g.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13142/13458102.jpg

EDIT: Why the hell is Griffin dressed like this...

lol

ClippersE.G
01-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Kevin Love took it to the Clippers tonight!! With his two perimeter scores and Offensive Domination!!!

ddouble
01-21-2012, 02:58 AM
yeah he is very skilled ... but so far he hasn't led his team to the playoffs like really great power fowards such as Dirk, or even Kevin Garnett ... i think team success > individual success IMO

Have you seen the teams he's had to play with before this year? Now that he has other pieces things will be different this year.

topdog
01-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Kevin Love took it to the Clippers tonight!! With his two perimeter scores and Offensive Domination!!!

Well, since Love's detractors always talk about "hollow stats" can we talk about Blake's hollow stats? (They obviously didn't secure a victory) Or that Love had the most important stat of the game - the 3 to win it?

Birdmannn
01-21-2012, 03:00 AM
His shots werent falling tonight but still a great game to watch.

topdog
01-21-2012, 03:03 AM
His shots werent falling tonight but still a great game to watch.

I think that's what feels best about this game for Wolves fans though - Ricky and Love both weren't having very good nights but they showed the ability to pull out a win and hit the big shots. Rubio was 0-9 before his tying 3.

KnokOut
01-21-2012, 03:13 AM
That's exactly the way I feel. We beat a team that was 8-4 (yes, like i said in the other thread, they had CP3 and Butler out, but we have Beasley, Barea, Webster) and we had our best 2 players have bad to iffy games tonight. Not to mention we were down by double didgets most of the game and came back in the 4th quarter.

celmxc
Have you seen the teams he's had to play with before this year? Now that he has other pieces things will be different this year.

yeah I agree with you that this year will be different, but not because of Love but because of Rubio...

AI4MVP

u mad?

Mr_Jones
01-21-2012, 03:17 AM
He is...

AI4MVP
01-21-2012, 03:26 AM
ClippersE.G is obviously mad that Blake Griffin is half black, muscular *** hell, and can jump over cars but he is not as good as Kevin Love who is white, cant jump for ****, and has the body of an average joe

Beltrans Mole
01-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Kevin Love is ****ing good. Great player.

ArmLaker
01-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Kevin Love had a subpar game with 17/14 and the gw shot to break clipps' hearts.

ClippersE.G
01-21-2012, 03:39 AM
u mad?

Not really. Its The Clippers. I dont get it? Is that the "u mad" that was popular on the internets years ago? An urban "meme" or what is it called?
Asking people if they are mad just because they are trying to argue something?

Birdmannn
01-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Great win and great way to close out a game.

AI4MVP
01-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Not really. Its The Clippers. I dont get it? Is that the "u mad" that was popular on the internets years ago? An urban "meme" or what is it called?
Asking people if they are mad just because they are trying to argue something?

Trying to argue something is different then saying someone who averages 25 and 15 sucks. I wonder why more people who suck dont average such numbers.

ironman9518
01-21-2012, 03:49 AM

And Heat fans wonder why no one likes them lol, But yeah Kevin Love is a beast

John Walls Era
01-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Just re-watched it.

"I'm the ****, I'm the ****, I'm the ****" was a bit over the top (for the regular season). I always like the walk it off like you've done it before (not opposed to celebrating obviously). But being the first game winner of his career (?), I'll give him the pass. Like I said, hes a top 3 PF and stuff like this is to be expected if he ever wants to make the next step.

kozelkid
01-21-2012, 04:13 AM
And Heat fans wonder why no one likes them lol, But yeah Kevin Love is a beast

Oh, you didn't hear? Since Miami Heat are so important, the NBA forum hence forth must make at least one Miami Heat reference in every thread and it's a bannable offense not to post Heat in all caps.

Whoops...

AI4MVP
01-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Just re-watched it.

"I'm the ****, I'm the ****, I'm the ****" was a bit over the top (for the regular season). I always like the walk it off like you've done it before (not opposed to celebrating obviously). But being the first game winner of his career (?), I'll give him the pass. Like I said, hes a top 3 PF and stuff like this is to be expected if he ever wants to make the next step.

Pretty sure he was saying "good ****, good ****, good ****" to all of his teammates...But ill listen to it again lol

ClippersE.G
01-21-2012, 04:29 AM
These threads exist in the realm of the internets.

"Kevin Love the next Big NBA Superstar"

"Kevin Love is a top 10 player"

AI4MVP
01-21-2012, 04:31 AM
yep. Just watched it again. Hes saying "good ****" . Not "im the ****"

AI4MVP
01-21-2012, 04:41 AM
These threads exist in the realm of the internets.

"Kevin Love the next Big NBA Superstar"

"Kevin Love is a top 10 player"

Kevin Love is easily a top 10 player in the NBA.

LeBron James
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul

Those are the only players that are definitely better than Kevin Love. Valid arguments can be made that Kevin Love with better than Dirk Nowitzki, Deron Williams, and Russell Westbrook

Cal827
01-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Oh, you didn't hear? Since Miami Heat are so important, the NBA forum hence forth must make at least one Miami Heat reference in every thread and it's a bannable offense not to post Heat in all caps.

Whoops...

:laugh:

Bruno
01-21-2012, 06:09 AM
i agree with him. he is.

remember when people criticized rose for saying he could win mvp a couple of years ago? the best make no apologizes for their game.

GoferKing_
01-21-2012, 06:42 AM

nahh. For me it's "heat". :D

VikesTwinsWolve
01-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Love>Griffin

Anybody see Blake in the 4th quater last night? Me neither and I watched the whole game!!! He was hopeing someone else would take the game over!

netsgiantsyanks
01-21-2012, 12:53 PM

someone is HEATed :p

ziglur
01-21-2012, 12:57 PM
If a big man cant get blocks I wont draft him. Its a waste of a pick. And hes not near the best pf in the league.

Bruno
01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
If a big man cant get blocks I wont draft him. Its a waste of a pick. And hes not near the best pf in the league.

Karl Malone averaged 0.8 blocks per game. love averages 0.6

...just sayin.

futureman
01-21-2012, 01:08 PM
When your team has a losing record, you shouldn't come out and say a thing like that.

THE MTL
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Kevin Love's stats are completely empty. If he truly wants to compete for a title on a title contending team, his statistics wont look anywhere near what they are on the Wolves.

They have one of the worst records in the league and have a guy averaging 25ppg 15rpg. I understand basketball is a team sport but still "franchise guys" bring wins themselves too

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Kevin Love's stats are completely empty. If he truly wants to compete for a title on a title contending team, his statistics wont look anywhere near what they are on the Wolves.

They have one of the worst records in the league and have a guy averaging 25ppg 15rpg. I understand basketball is a team sport but still "franchise guys" bring wins themselves too

7-8 is one of the worst records in the league? news to me. If they were in the east they'd currently have a playoff spot

Baldyy
01-21-2012, 01:39 PM

False, 13 teams have a worse record than us. Slowly movin on up :)

Nick O
01-21-2012, 01:48 PM
its probably true but its something you really shouldnt say

KnokOut
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM

7-8 with 4 losses by 4 pts or less against OKC, Miami, and others isn't one of the worst teams in the league dude. We are the 3rd youngest team, and we have Beasley, Barea, and Webster all injured. Those 3 are very big parts to our team. Barea and Beasley have been 2 of our better scorers this season so far but have been hit by the injury bug. Not to mention Derrick Williams has struggled with the transition thus far.

JayW_1023
01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
24 points, nearly 15 rebounds a game as a young leader on a young emerging team. His defense needs work yes, but Kevin Love has a good case.

Take his court awareness and unlimited shooting range into account and you have one special player.

bbcmillionaire
01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
I still got Aldridge above him, but this season he's top 2 with Aldridge imo

Sly Guy
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I love this kid. No argument from me here. If he keeps up this statistical pace all year, which he will barring injury, it's an easy jump for him into the top 10.

dirk says hi.

Love's very good. Probably #2. Can't go against dirk with his performace last year.

GoferKing_
01-21-2012, 02:30 PM
^^^And where is Dirk right now? We are talking about the present not past.

thekmp211
01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
oh look a couple teammates with pulses, a decent coach and suddenly love's stats start going towards wins. i'm sure some new hater talking point will develop soon.

bovice163
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
dirk says hi.

Love's very good. Probably #2. Can't go against dirk with his performace last year.

Dirk is injured, and producing some of his lowest statistics, advanced or basic, since his rookie year. Last year Dirk was incredible, but that was last year.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Love is good but last nights game is a perfect example of why he's not the best. First off you can't be the best if they won't even attempt to allow you to defend Griffin, that says a lot. Second off down the final stretch Blake was demanding the ball, getting to the line (even though he missed them), and making big plays in cruntch time. On the other end it wasn't Love who showed that kind of heart but Rubio. He showed he was the leader of the team when you throw the stats out the window. If not for a total defensive collapse by the Clipps Love goes home with another game where his stat sheet looks nice and a L........

Hawkeye15
01-21-2012, 03:28 PM

The Wolves would currently be the 7th seed in the east.

You brought up that its a team sport, but still used the team wins to evaluate.

blastmasta26
01-21-2012, 03:35 PM
The "empty stats" or "lack of wins" argument isn't applied correctly to Love. Look at his rosters, very weak/inexperienced teams around him. This roster is clearly better than past ones he's been on, and even then the best player after Love is a rookie.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 03:40 PM
The "empty stats" or "lack of wins" argument isn't applied correctly to Love. Look at his rosters, very weak/inexperienced teams around him. This roster is clearly better than past ones he's been on, and even then the best player after Love is a rookie.

The Wolves have 9 lotto picks currently on the squad. They're not the most talented team in the world but thats not exactly chopped liver either. I think the biggest difference this year is a legit respected coach and a pg that can run a offense. Love is going to get his numbers regardless....

ChiSox219
01-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Blake vs Love in the playoffs would be sweeeeet

Player G MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Blake Griffin 5 37.4 10.0 18.4 .543 0.2 0.4 .500 5.2 8.8 .591 3.4 7.2 10.6 4.4 0.4 0.2 3.0 3.2 25.4
Kevin Love 5 34.2 6.0 12.4 .484 0.8 2.2 .364 6.6 7.8 .846 2.6 10.8 13.4 2.2 1.2 0.4 1.6 1.8 19.4

BradfordIsElite
01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd feel pretty good too if I were putting up 25 and 14.

topdog
01-21-2012, 06:26 PM

And yet the Knicks are called a "contender" when they crawled into the playoffs last year and would be in again this year only by virtue of being in the East?

All these stat arguments are ridiculous. No one has done what Love has done statistically since Moses Malone and people want to say he'd be nothing special if they were winning. Well, guess what? They are winning and have a chance to get to .500 tonight. And Love is the most consistent force on the team with 4th in the league scoring (as of yesterday) and being 2nd in rebounds.

topdog
01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Love is good but last nights game is a perfect example of why he's not the best. First off you can't be the best if they won't even attempt to allow you to defend Griffin, that says a lot. Second off down the final stretch Blake was demanding the ball, getting to the line (even though he missed them), and making big plays in cruntch time. On the other end it wasn't Love who showed that kind of heart but Rubio. He showed he was the leader of the team when you throw the stats out the window. If not for a total defensive collapse by the Clipps Love goes home with another game where his stat sheet looks nice and a L........

A good coach is going to play match-ups. Love is far better suited to guarding Deandre Jordan and Milicic gave Griffin fits. What does it say for the Clips that Darko had his best game of the season against them last night?

You can argue a lot of things about last nights game and who carried the team. For awhile it was Darko. Pek had his shot. Ellington took a run. And Derrick Williams had a burst too. I'm not going to argue about Rubio being a leader but Love is there too. Part of being a great player is picking your spots. Against NOLA it was Love getting to the line and making 17 free throws in a row to pull out a victory. Last night, it was securing that final rebound and making a clutch 3.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 06:45 PM
A good coach is going to play match-ups. Love is far better suited to guarding Deandre Jordan and Milicic gave Griffin fits. What does it say for the Clips that Darko had his best game of the season against them last night?

You can argue a lot of things about last nights game and who carried the team. For awhile it was Darko. Pek had his shot. Ellington took a run. And Derrick Williams had a burst too. I'm not going to argue about Rubio being a leader but Love is there too. Part of being a great player is picking your spots. Against NOLA it was Love getting to the line and making 17 free throws in a row to pull out a victory. Last night, it was securing that final rebound and making a clutch 3.

My point is I have a problem putting him in the conversation with guys like Aldridge and Griffin who are not only going to get theirs but will defend the other big time PF on the other end very well. To me if you are limited defensively you can't boast about being the best big. Just like how Kobe has went out and defended the other teams best player for years, even with declining health.

When guys like Duncan and Malone were the clear cut best it was obvious to everyone because they did it on both ends. He's not there yet, maybe some day, but not now....

smith&wesson
01-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Love is pretty dope. but he needs to say positive things in regards to his team mates rather then himself. he obviously isnt lacking any confidence and that team has alot of young players full of potential. if your going to say anything at all say something that gets your whole team going.

magichatnumber9
01-21-2012, 06:52 PM
In my opinion he is the best power forward in the league.

number1nykfan25
01-21-2012, 07:20 PM
in the game agains the clippers he said it was all his teamates if you watched the interview he didnt take any credit. He is a top five player in the league in my book. I hope he stays in minnesota and tries to win it there. they have a talented team.

ClippersE.G
01-21-2012, 07:20 PM
My point is I have a problem putting him in the conversation with guys like Aldridge and Griffin who are not only going to get theirs but will defend the other big time PF on the other end very well. To me if you are limited defensively you can't boast about being the best big. Just like how Kobe has went out and defended the other teams best player for years, even with declining health.

When guys like Duncan and Malone were the clear cut best it was obvious to everyone because they did it on both ends. He's not there yet, maybe some day, but not now....

Kevin Love is the best PF of all time. Havent you heard?

ClippersE.G
01-21-2012, 07:21 PM

:facepalm:

Better than Dirk right
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

bucc4life
01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
lmfao @ the Love haters

Bruno
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM

lets talk about this season. the wolves have a better record than the knicks. i guess that means that carmelos stats are completely empty too?

Bruno
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Malone made three defensive third teams and one defensive second team. never once a first team. he was never known for his defense.

KnokOut
01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Love is pretty dope. but he needs to say positive things in regards to his team mates rather then himself. he obviously isnt lacking any confidence and that team has alot of young players full of potential. if your going to say anything at all say something that gets your whole team going.

Do you not see any of his interviews or his interview after last night? "This win was all about my teammates and coaches, they put me in the position to take that shot, all the credit goes to them." He said something pretty identical to that. He is always giving credit to his team when he talks. At least in the interviews I have seen.

KnokOut
01-21-2012, 07:51 PM

Better than Dirk right

Have you seen Dirk this year so far?

HouRealCoach
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
He says he is the best because if he wants to be he knows he must have that mindset.. I hate how "these" people took part of his statement to make him seem cocky because he isn't

topdog
01-21-2012, 08:04 PM
in the game agains the clippers he said it was all his teamates if you watched the interview he didnt take any credit. He is a top five player in the league in my book. I hope he stays in minnesota and tries to win it there. they have a talented team.

Thank you! An NBA fan who actually pays attention to other teams. :cheers:

HouRealCoach
01-21-2012, 08:05 PM

Dirk, Aldridge, Love, Griffin... none really get blocks but Love is the only one on there averaging 25, 15 and they WILL make the playoffs

topdog
01-21-2012, 08:06 PM
He says he is the best because if he wants to be he knows he must have that mindset.. I hate how "these" people took part of his statement to make him seem cocky because he isn't

If people read the whole article when Love was first quoted, this is exactly what was said^. It's the mentality. What has gotten this whole thing blown up is that Love has a legit argument so far this year.

jiggin
01-21-2012, 08:07 PM
you can always tell the good ones from the arrogant morons...

the good ones let their play do all the talking and others tell them they are the best in the business. If you have to say it so others know, there is something wrong.

HouRealCoach
01-21-2012, 08:08 PM

Better than Dirk right

He can rebound better than Dirk, play defense better than dirk, average more points... Only thing Dirk has over him is leadership(because he is alot older), clutch gene(which took him like 12 years to get), and a shot(which can be argued in favor of kevin love)

topdog
01-21-2012, 08:12 PM

I don't know where all this "Love isn't a good defender stuff comes from." How many opposing bigs are having career nights against him? Shouldn't they is he's so bad? Love is not going to erase shots but he gets a body on his man and makes shots difficult before grabbing the board, if they even get the ball.

Too many people think because Love isn't skylighting it playing above the rim and tossing shots out into the stands that he's not a good defender. That's why guys like Griffin and LMA are being mentioned. No one is filling it up this year like Love though.

thekmp211
01-21-2012, 09:16 PM
If people read the whole article when Love was first quoted, this is exactly what was said^. It's the mentality. What has gotten this whole thing blown up is that Love has a legit argument so far this year.

this x100000000. you want your best players thinking this way. otherwise why compete?

gatkins11
01-22-2012, 12:03 AM
He's a great player. He's definitely in the conversation.

kobebabe
01-22-2012, 12:47 AM
How do you like the laker system Love???? wonna test it??? You are welcome anyday and bring along that spiniard named Rubio!

Raph12
01-22-2012, 01:06 AM
This season:
1a. Kevin Love
1b. Blake Griffin
1c. LaMarcus Aldridge
4a. Dirk Nowitzki
4b. Pau Gasol

ClippersE.G
01-22-2012, 01:11 AM
5-21 In a Wolves loss. Sounds like the best PF in the NBA to me.
Everyone in his starting line up had double digit points. Williams and Ellington had double digits off the bench. Defend him please. Someone, anyone.

"This season:
1a. Kevin Love
1b. Blake Griffin
1c. LaMarcus Aldridge
4a. Dirk Nowitzki
4b. Pau Gasol "

This guy has the most precise list. Except with Love not listed it be best cause he sucks. Out of all the guys on that list, all of them would win a game by 20+ if their teammates contributed as much as Loves did tonight.

ClippersE.G
01-22-2012, 01:13 AM
you can always tell the good ones from the arrogant morons...

the good ones let their play do all the talking and others tell them they are the best in the business. If you have to say it so others know, there is something wrong.

He has been a Diva that has felt a sense of entitlement cause along with his dad before he came into the NBA. If only I could find that article...

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Everyone in his starting line up had double digit points. Williams and Ellington had double digits off the bench. Defend him please. Someone, anyone.

"This season:
1a. Kevin Love
1b. Blake Griffin
1c. LaMarcus Aldridge
4a. Dirk Nowitzki
4b. Pau Gasol "

This guy has the most precise list. Except with Love not listed it be best cause he sucks. Out of all the guys on that list, all of them would win a game by 20+ if their teammates contributed as much as Loves did tonight.

you are too cute.

Sota4Ever
01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
This guy probably already had that typed up just waiting for love to have a bad game. Class act right there

ClippersE.G
01-22-2012, 01:20 AM
One last thing before I just stop, if ever, the only time The Best PF in The NBA Kevin Love faces double teams is when he is trying to rebound. I hardly doubt coaches lose sleep or draw up defensive sets on "how to stop Kevin Love" He is seldom a matchup problem for anyone and I guess he worked on getting a 3 pt shot since he knows he will never ever be a force anywhere out on the court but on the "boards"...so yeah best PF in The NBA just had a off night haha

ClippersE.G
01-22-2012, 01:21 AM
you are too cute.

Thanks babe

bklynny67
01-22-2012, 01:29 AM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

DimpLick
01-22-2012, 01:31 AM
I love Love's game. His big tush helps him grab boards like a champ. I'm surprised that Andrew Bynum doesn't lead the league with all that junk up in his trunk.

iliketurtles24
01-22-2012, 01:46 AM
One last thing before I just stop, if ever, the only time The Best PF in The NBA Kevin Love faces double teams is when he is trying to rebound. I hardly doubt coaches lose sleep or draw up defensive sets on "how to stop Kevin Love" He is seldom a matchup problem for anyone and I guess he worked on getting a 3 pt shot since he knows he will never ever be a force anywhere out on the court but on the "boards"...so yeah best PF in The NBA just had a off night haha

haha, i dont even know where to start, but since i dont wanna get in a typing match and get banned, ill leave it at really?

LA_Raiders
01-22-2012, 01:46 AM
yes he is.

heat sucks

iliketurtles24
01-22-2012, 01:52 AM

Ok, you pissed me off. During his double double streak last year, every team he faced was trying to shut him down and end his streak, every team. They didnt even have to worry about guarding any other wolf cause they all sucked last year. They ONLY focused on him, how many games in a row did he have a double double?
Of course he is a matchup problem for other teams, i know you watched him beat you clippers on that last second shot, ya that was deandre jordans fault cause he couldnt guard him on the 3.
Ill admit that he doesnt have amazing post up ability, but he is darn good at it when he does, really good foot work.
Yes he did have an off night, that is unfortunate considering haters like you were waiting and hoping for it.
Dude, cheer on your team and quit bashing other teams.

celmxc
01-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Ok, you pissed me off. During his double double streak last year, every team he faced was trying to shut him down and end his streak, every team. They didnt even have to worry about guarding any other wolf cause they all sucked last year. They ONLY focused on him, how many games in a row did he have a double double?
Of course he is a matchup problem for other teams, i know you watched him beat you clippers on that last second shot, ya that was deandre jordans fault cause he couldnt guard him on the 3.
Ill admit that he doesnt have amazing post up ability, but he is darn good at it when he does, really good foot work.
Yes he did have an off night, that is unfortunate considering haters like you were waiting and hoping for it.
Dude, cheer on your team and quit bashing other teams.

i don't see what the big deal of a double double streak is ... i mean sure its nice... but if he doesn't lead the team to wins its useless... Rubio on the other hand is the true leader ( watch game against Clippers) ... that statement about "i'm the best" sounds like he only cares about his stats ... IMO

topdog
01-22-2012, 02:17 AM

"This season:
1a. Kevin Love
1b. Blake Griffin
1c. LaMarcus Aldridge
4a. Dirk Nowitzki
4b. Pau Gasol "

Funny, you wanna talk about Blakes 7-17 night against the Wolves? Maybe reminisce about how he had 0 blocks and 5 turnovers? Oh, and a rating of -6 plus/minus?

You just really come off as a sore loser with your completely baseless attacks on Love. I guess you must really appreciate what a threat he is to Blake's hype :p

iliketurtles24
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
i don't see what the big deal of a double double streak is ... i mean sure its nice... but if he doesn't lead the team to wins its useless... Rubio on the other hand is the true leader ( watch game against Clippers) ... that statement about "i'm the best" sounds like he only cares about his stats ... IMO

My point was not that he got the double doubles, my point was that every single team tried to end it. The other guy clipperseg said that nobody game planned around love to try and shut him down. Last year they did and this year they do two.

jam
01-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Love will make the all star team if the Wolves are above .500 when the WC coach picks reserves.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 08:25 PM
By the way the mere fact that he said that in the midst of a contract dispute where he's trying to get another year added to a already generous offer is a bit tacky, to say the least.

If ( insert black superstar ) did that in the same scenario people would be killing him for being arrogant and pompous......

sargon21
01-22-2012, 10:14 PM
^ nah not really

sargon21
01-22-2012, 10:14 PM
same **** would be said, doesn't matter about race

Tony_Starks
01-22-2012, 10:18 PM
same **** would be said, doesn't matter about race

You really think if D Wade held out for more money and said "Im the best shooting guard in the league" people wouldn't be talking about what a arrogant jerk he is? Are you living in reality?

ghettosean
01-22-2012, 10:31 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmm this thread is about Kevin Love but maybe he'll get some critisim if he says he's "The King" and he's going to win not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7.

How do >>Heat<< fans try to high jack a thread all the time.

Poor helpless Lebron :facepalm: you made your point we get it.

On topic of the thread I think Kevin Love is the best PF in the league and with his #'s it's hard to argue that.

magichatnumber9
01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
By the way the mere fact that he said that in the midst of a contract dispute where he's trying to get another year added to a already generous offer is a bit tacky, to say the least.

If ( insert black superstar ) did that in the same scenario people would be killing him for being arrogant and pompous......Being white has it's privileges. Boy I wake up every morning with a big smile on my face!

Sota4Ever
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Yes a black and white debate. Gotta love it!

Hawkeye15
01-22-2012, 10:55 PM

If ( insert black superstar ) did that in the same scenario people would be killing him for being arrogant and pompous......

How on earth does his color have anything to do with whether or not he is being criticized for this?

Sota4Ever
01-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Because the white man is the suppressor.

ghettosean
01-22-2012, 11:14 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmm he's got the best #'s out of any power forward in the league and was setting some double double records if I'm not mistaken ;) Lay off the racial hate if the guy is black or white and puts up the stats this kid has then you deserve the right to be able to say that "I'm the best PF in the league today".

jam
01-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Love has the talent to be one of the great "hustle" players in league history.

Unfortunately, his mentality is such that he focuses on statistics and contracts, and not on what will help his team. He needs to focus on interior scoring; the 3-ball is not going to help the wolves contend.

Ultimately, he will find his way out of Minnesota to form some sort of super team with a couple of his buddies in a bigger market.

He'll get what he wants, but he's too stupid to figure out that he has everything he needs already; it's just not what he wants.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Being white has it's privileges. Boy I wake up every morning with a big smile on my face!

AND probably a FICO score in the high 700's! Damn you!!! :mad:

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmm he's got the best #'s out of any power forward in the league and was setting some double double records if I'm not mistaken ;) Lay off the racial hate if the guy is black or white and puts up the stats this kid has then you deserve the right to be able to say that "I'm the best PF in the league today".

You guys can say what you want but I reserve the right to be of that opinion. During the lockout what was the common theme of people upset with the players? "They're spoiled..... they're arrogant..... entitled....." blah blah blah. When someone demands more money and essentially says they deserve it because they are the best it seems like those same people would be upset but curiously they're not.

Let Lebron say "Im the best player in the game" and watch the reaction. In fact he TURNED DOWN more money and still got criticized.

VikesTwinsWolve
01-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Love has the talent to be one of the great "hustle" players in league history.

Unfortunately, his mentality is such that he focuses on statistics and contracts, and not on what will help his team. He needs to focus on interior scoring; the 3-ball is not going to help the wolves contend.

Ultimately, he will find his way out of Minnesota to form some sort of super team with a couple of his buddies in a bigger market.

He'll get what he wants, but he's too stupid to figure out that he has everything he needs already; it's just not what he wants.

Really? lol You obviously check stats, but your Kevin Love opinion is way off. :facepalm:

DerekCzajkowski
01-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Id take Kevin love over any pf anyday...double double machine

WSU Tony
01-23-2012, 12:07 PM
"I think I'm the best PF in the game." "You have to have that mentality."

If you take out the second quote he looks cocky. If you acutally read the article (which 90% of you didn't do) he says you have to have that mentality if you WANT to be the best player.

kdspurman
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Really? lol You obviously check stats, but your Kevin Love opinion is way off. :facepalm:

Can't really say someones opinion is way off lol that's their opinion they can think what they want even if you don't agree.

NokomisLiving
01-23-2012, 03:02 PM

If you take out the second quote he looks cocky. If you acutally read the article (which 90% of you didn't do) he says you have to have that mentality if you WANT to be the best player.

This. Here is the question and his response.

"Who's the best '4' in the league: you or Blake Griffin?

I believe I'm the best '4' in the league. I think you have to believe that you're the best. I think Mohammad Ali even said, 'I was the greatest before I knew I was.' I think everybody needs to have that mindset. That's part of winning the mind game from the very start. You have to believe it. You have to hold yourself accountable."

He's talking about the mindset you have to have if you want to be the best player you can be, not that he thinks he is superior to everyone.

VikesTwinsWolve
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Can't really say someones opinion is way off lol that's their opinion they can think what they want even if you don't agree.

I hear ya! Well then the hatred for Kevin Love or the Wolves as an organazation is overcoming the logical thoughts upstairs! Whats not to Like about Love and Rubio?

kdspurman
01-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I hear ya! Well then the hatred for Kevin Love or the Wolves as an organazation is overcoming the logical thoughts upstairs! Whats not to Like about Love and Rubio?

I agree with that... Those guys are a lot of fun to watch. I personally hate playing them lol.

DR_1
01-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Too early in the season to tell, but he will be if he keeps it up.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2012, 08:45 PM

welcome to the generation of talking points, versus reading what a man said.

John Walls Era
01-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Kevin Love showing Kevin Mchale what a great trade he made.

AIRMAR72
01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
i agree kevin love is the best overall PF this yr a throwback player indeed

Celtics33
01-24-2012, 03:54 AM
I don't know about best PF in the league, certainly one of the best PF's in the league.

WSU Tony
01-24-2012, 10:17 AM
With Loves age, contract, and ability, who do you take before him as a PF?

ghettosean
01-24-2012, 10:37 AM
What I'd like to cover is what has Love done to prove he is the best PF in the NBA? Whether it be last season, or even for a meager 14 game intro to a new season.

Rose said he wants to be an MVP, not that he was an MVP. Love is saying he is the best PF in the league, and has been saying it in a couple of interviews.
This kind of stuff kills me it reminds me completely of NBA analysts saying CP3 ain't all that because his team had no sucess and all I can think in my head is :facepalm:

CP3 played with a bunch of scrubs is why his team didn't have success it has or had nothing to do with his play and this is the same with Kevin Love. I don't remember because it might have been a long long time ago but didn't he set a new NBA record for double doubles in the league but maybe in your eyes he's not consistant and doesn't deserve the title of being the best PF.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

miller74
01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Good for him nothing wrong with being confident in your own abilities

lilchuckdoubles
01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
the power forward in the league now aren't as good as they used to be imo.

now in no particular order
Love
Aldridge
Griffin
Milsap
past prime Norwitziq

before
KG
Duncan
prime Norwitziq
Webber
Wallace

He115ing
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I think he might end up being better than Griffin. Blake relies too much on his athleticism. This will carry him for a while, but eventually he is going to improbve his shot, his free throw percentage and learn some post moves.

ghettosean
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
the power forward in the league now aren't as good as they used to be imo.

now in no particular order
Love
Aldridge
Griffin
Milsap
past prime Norwitziq

before
KG
Duncan
prime Norwitziq
Webber
Wallace
Really no Chris Bosh or Amare???

WSU Tony
01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Griffin has some post moves he just seems a bit out of control at times...

Yes, Bosh and Amare should be on that list.

ragee
02-09-2012, 12:31 AM
The best PF in the league is back. :D

CudiOnMyiPod
02-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Sorry Love for exciting you like that. Dirk is back so you can jump back a spot or two.

Dirk is still the best PF in the NBA. 30, 24, 25 points in 3 straight games and he still doesn't look 100%.

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 12:51 AM
No.^^
I'd take LMA, Griffin and Love over Dirk right now. Maybe Bosh too.

ragee
02-09-2012, 12:59 AM
No.^^

LOL @ Bosh. I can respect someone picking LA over Dirk because the dude can play good defense as well but Griffin, Bosh and Love? No thanks. Maybe in the in a couple of years.

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 01:00 AM
LOL @ Bosh. I can respect someone picking LA over Dirk because the dude can play good defense as well but Griffin, Bosh and Love? No thanks. Maybe in the in a couple of years.

Not surprised this is coming from a Mavs fan...:rolleyes:

ragee
02-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Not surprised this is coming from a Mavs fan...:rolleyes:

Not surprised you are a heat fan... :rolleyes:

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 01:07 AM
I'll take Bosh's 20/8 on 51% shooting as 3rd option over Dirk's 17/6 on 45% shooting as 1st option any day of the week. Whoever doesn't is a complete hater/Mavs homer/just stupid.

ragee
02-09-2012, 01:13 AM
I'll take Bosh's 20/8 on 51% shooting as 3rd option over Dirk's 17/6 on 45% shooting as 1st option any day of the week. If whoever doesn't is a complete hater/Mavs homer/just stupid.

LOL. You clearly just looked at the stats and does not watch games, not listen or read anything about it. Dirk was injured and was out of shape. The lock out affected him just like most of the older players. That was why he was pulled out for several games. Anyone who is not a hater/ or not stupid knows that. He finally got his game back so I am pretty sure, most of the people here would pick him over Bosh...

ragee
02-09-2012, 01:19 AM
In addition, any all-star should be able to shoot that efficiently if he has Wade and Bron on his team.

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 01:20 AM
LOL. You clearly just looked at the stats and does not watch games, not listen or read anything about it. Dirk was injured and was out of shape. The lock out affected him just like most of the older players. That was why he was pulled out for several games. Anyone who is not a hater/ or not stupid knows that. He finally got his game back so I am pretty sure, most of the people here would pick him over Bosh...

I did watch some Mavs games and in most of them Dirk sucked. YOU clearly never watched a HEAT game exept for the season opener when we whooped the Mavericks. With Wade injured Bosh averaged 26+ points on 60% FG and 11 boards, but of course you didn't watch the games. :facepalm:

CudiOnMyiPod
02-09-2012, 01:20 AM
No.^^

To start a franchise? Of course no question. To be my "Batman" this season: It is Dirk and it is by a VERY VERY large landslide.

In terms of this year if you look at stats:

1. Love
2. Aldridge
3. Griffin
4. Bosh
5. Dirk

However, Dirk is still better than all of these players. Love is great but name me one big game he has won? The game winner was nice but he hasn't shown he can win big games and be a franchise player. Will he develop into a guy who gets his team to the playoffs year in and year out? Very possible but for now, I'll take the reigning Finals MVP who just had one of the greatest playoff runs in NBA history. Dirk is also starting to become "Dirk" again.

Aldridge is having a career year and he will be a top 3 PF for the next decade and the same goes for Griffin. While Aldridge has played some big games in the playoffs, he hasn't won many big games in the playoffs. Griffin hasn't been to the playoffs yet.

Anyone mentioning Bosh in the same sentence as Dirk, I have two tickets for you to a mental institution in Florida.

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 01:22 AM
In addition, there is a reason Dirk won't be an All-Star this year and Bosh clearly deserve to start over Melo but will still get picked as a reserve. BTW Dirk's team isn't that bad as he should also get many open looks.

meloman1592
02-09-2012, 01:22 AM
^LOL at this argument....Bosh cannot be a #1 option on a finals team, dirk is/has done it....against bosh i might add. Case closed

And i'm a Knick fan, not a mavs homer or something

CudiOnMyiPod
02-09-2012, 01:25 AM
I did watch some Mavs games and in most of them Dirk sucked. YOU clearly never watched a HEAT game exept for the season opener when we whooped the Mavericks. With Wade injured Bosh averaged 26+ points on 60% FG and 11 boards, but of course you didn't watch the games. :facepalm:

You clearly haven't seen how out of shape Dirk has been this season.

You clearly did not see Dirk's game winner at Boston earlier this year.

You clearly haven't seen Dirk's past 3 games (ever since he's been healthy). These games were 30 points 7 rebounds, 24 points 8 rebounds, and 25 points 9 rebounds. He still isn't completely 100% healthy.

If you want to look just at stats, I'll say Kobe is better than LeBron. Now I know Heat fans will kill anyone who says that. Same situation with Bosh/Dirk. Dirk is a legend. Bosh is a scrub compared to him.

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 01:29 AM
You clearly haven't seen how out of shape Dirk has been this season.

You clearly did not see Dirk's game winner at Boston earlier this year.

You clearly haven't seen Dirk's past 3 games (ever since he's been healthy). These games were 30 points 7 rebounds, 24 points 8 rebounds, and 25 points 9 rebounds. He still isn't completely 100% healthy.

If you want to look just at stats, I'll say Kobe is better than LeBron. Now I know Heat fans will kill anyone who says that. Same situation with Bosh/Dirk. Dirk is a legend. Bosh is a scrub compared to him.

You clearly haven't seen any of Bosh's games during Wade's injury.

You clearly didn't see the Bosh 3 pointner that sent the game to overtime against ATL.

And lol @ Kobe coming even close to Lebron when comparing stats.
The only thing he got on him is 0.5 point. Every thing else LeBron >>>>>Kobe.
I hope you read these stats cuze I'm starting to think I'm having a conversation with a ****** here.

lavilevi23
02-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Bosh>Dirk this season. Just ask the coaches that vote the Allstars resevres, nuff' said. I'm out.

CudiOnMyiPod
02-09-2012, 01:36 AM
You clearly haven't seen any of Bosh's games during Wade's injury.

You clearly didn't see the Bosh 3 pointner that sent the game to overtime against ATL.

And lol @ Kobe coming even close to Lebron when comparing stats.
The only thing he got on him is 0.5 point. Every thing else LeBron >>>>>Kobe.
I hope you read these stats cuze I'm starting to think I'm having a conversation with a ****** here.

You would tend to think with all of those great stats LeBron would have a ring by now but......

Bosh has had a better season. Sure. But talent wise, comparing Bosh to Dirk is like comparing Tayshaun Prince to Larry Bird; except Prince has a ring and Bosh doesn't.

And I have seen a small trend here, any Heat fan that gets into an argument and one of their comebacks is something like "I'm talking to a ****** here"... that gets really old. That just makes it look like you want to back out of the argument quicker.

harlequin018
02-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Totally douchy thing for him to say, but he's obviously in the discussion. I can't understand why LaMarcus can't get any love (pun ownage). He's a more efficient scorer than Love (he doesn't have the range, yes), is a much better man on man defender, and is only 1 offensive rebound a game behind Love while playing with much better rebounders around him than what the Wolves offer.

ghettosean
02-09-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm starting to get on the LMA bandwagon but I don't think he's the best power forward in the NBA yet. I'll have to watch a few more games but the ones I've seen of Portland he's been pretty damn good!

ragee
02-09-2012, 08:13 AM

Etough I hate them, I actually watch a lot of Heat games because they make me money. :D I am not saying Bosh is a crappy player. If you noticed on my previous post, I acknowledged that he is an all-star. I would, however, still pick Dirk over him or any other PFs. Again, you are pointing at Dirk sucking but not acknowledging that he was injured and was out of shape. Have you seen him in the last few games? Did he still sucked?

In addition, there is a reason Dirk won't be an All-Star this year and Bosh clearly deserve to start over Melo but will still get picked as a reserve. BTW Dirk's team isn't that bad as he should also get many open looks.

There is a reason why Dirk won't be an all-star this year. That is because you are right. He sucked on the start of the season! Does that mean, that now that he is back in shape, he is inferior to Bosh, Griffin or Love? I don't think so.

With regard to Dirk's team not being so bad, I don't get where you are going at. How does having some good teammates affect Dirk's efficiency greatly? He is not a spot up shooter nor is he slasher that cuts through lanes to get open. He creates his own shots. And most of his teammates are spot up jumpers so he makes it easier for them and not the other way around.