PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard "Shaq Needs To Get A Life"

MetroMan
01-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Just seen these comments made during the LA-Orlando game

Dwight said shaq needs to get a life and get over the superman thing

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dwight-howard-shaquille-o-neal-life-205531095.html

BELOW IS THE VIDEO

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/01/20/dwight-howard-fires-back-at-shaq/

bovice163
01-20-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't think he's wrong. JVG put it best. Why are grown men arguing over a nickname? All that money is getting to Shaq's head.

UPRock
01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I agree with him, he's acting like he created Superman, when in reality Superman was created by Jerry Siegel.

Iodine
01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Shaq is an egomaniacal dick head. Not saying Howard is the dalai lama but still, Shaq is so damn bitter

goalie
01-20-2012, 10:11 PM
shaq's getting paid for his opinion. dwight needs to get over being criticized. as long as people keep asking for shaq's opinion, he's going to give it, whether it's right or wrong. dwight is a giant baby, crying his way out of orlando, changing his mind daily like a teenage girl picking a new bff everyday at lunch. grow up dwight.

THINKBLUE15
01-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I think he said, "Get on with his life". Not, "Get a life".

ManRam
01-20-2012, 10:23 PM
I always thought it was dumb Dwight wanted to be "Superman" :hide:

But Shaq's a hack now. No one enjoys him. He's an awful analyst, and an incredibly bland personality.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Can both stop being annoying?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-20-2012, 10:26 PM
What a boss.

Slug3
01-20-2012, 10:30 PM
shaq's getting paid for his opinion. dwight needs to get over being criticized. as long as people keep asking for shaq's opinion, he's going to give it, whether it's right or wrong. dwight is a giant baby, crying his way out of orlando, changing his mind daily like a teenage girl picking a new bff everyday at lunch. grow up dwight.

This is a very weird post. First Shaq started these comments when he was a player and not on TNT.

Then you talk about D12 crying cause he wants to leave, but how many times has Shaq done that to the teams he was on or use to be on?

MetroMan
01-20-2012, 10:34 PM
This is a very weird post. First Shaq started these comments when he was a player and not on TNT.

Then you talk about D12 crying cause he wants to leave, but how many times has Shaq done that to the teams he was on or use to be on?

Wrong, Shaq did in-fact state that bynum is much better than Dwight on TNT on a dozen of occasions over the past few weeks

John Walls Era
01-20-2012, 10:35 PM
whatever. This is a terrible feud. Dwight doesn't need to even acknowledge Shaq (easier said than done). Shaq is retired, Dwight still plays. Shaq might even keep it up if he knows its getting to him.

OptiMized
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I agree with him, he's acting like he created Superman, when in reality Superman was created by Jerry Siegel.
lol.

Just love this Storyline. you'd think that a guy like Howard would love a mentor like Shaq. Also you'd think Shaq would love the chance to work with howard considering they are similar in so many ways. But it makes good tv this way too.

Slug3
01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Wrong, Shaq did in-fact state that bynum is much better than Dwight on TNT on a dozen of occasions over the past few weeks

I was actually referring to the superman thing.

Kakaroach
01-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Shaq sucks. For the love of basketball, get him off of TNT. Makes things so damn turrible.

And yeah, he really does need to get on with his life. Its a little sad he is so bitter over a nickname.

kozelkid
01-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Shaq is an egomaniacal dick head. Not saying Howard is the dalai lama but still, Shaq is so damn bitter

Yup.

Sidenote: Athletes needs to stop wearing glasses trying to look intelligent. It's idiotic.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
I bet Dwight is getting pretty tired of the 28 and 15 thing Shaq keeps throwing out that D12 needs to average

rasajr23
01-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Shaq is a hack... Yak Yak!!!

MagicBucsSox
01-21-2012, 12:06 AM
I always thought it was dumb Dwight wanted to be "Superman" :hide:

But Shaq's a hack now. No one enjoys him. He's an awful analyst, and an incredibly bland personality.

Lmao Dwight never called himself superman. He was anointed the name after a fun gimmick in a dunk contest and the media ran with it. And until shaq dunks on a 13ft court he can stfu. I guess he's gonna bash rob griffin 3 for wearing superman socks at the heisman?

Shaqs a old loser an I CAN'T TIL DWIGHT SAYS "HOMIE YOUR DATING A GIRL WHO KISSED FLAVOR FLAV"

kozelkid
01-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Lmao Dwight never called himself superman. He was anointed the name after a fun gimmick in a dunk contest and the media ran with it. And until shaq dunks on a 13ft court he can stfu. I guess he's gonna bash rob griffin 3 for wearing superman socks at the heisman?

Shaqs a old loser an I CAN'T TIL DWIGHT SAYS "HOMIE YOUR DATING A GIRL WHO KISSED FLAVOR FLAV"

Lol, do you honestly think Shaq couldn't have done it in his prime? Shaq is probably one of the most physically talented players of all time. Only Wilt and Lebron might have case over him in that regard.

RaiderLakersA's
01-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Shaq was wrong for claiming to be Superman. He was more like Darkseid or Thanos, if you ask me, although neither of those two have much of a sense of humor.

That said, Shaq has a point. Dwight should have rejected the Superman thing and created his own unique branding. If he wanted a superhero identity, there are plenty out there. Or he could have waited until someone else came up with a moniker for him.

heatfan03
01-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Shaq needs to be fired from commentating

so annoying

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2012, 01:04 AM
I like Shaq, but they're both being idiots about this. Shaq's only reason for saying Bynum is better is because he has a left hook and right hook...

and Howard needs to ignore him. Why would he care?

MagicBucsSox
01-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Lol, do you honestly think Shaq couldn't have done it in his prime? Shaq is probably one of the most physically talented players of all time. Only Wilt and Lebron might have case over him in that regard.

No shaq can fly like Dwight at all. Never. And you better be 50 bringing up chamberlain.

goalie
01-21-2012, 01:06 AM

before responding, i'd like to be clear on the fact that i'm not a shaq or howard fan so i'm not defending one or the other.

but, shaq never made a list and had to find others to play with. he left orlando as a free agent and went to a lakers team that wasn't great. shaq made them great. kobe got to grow up in his shadow, with no pressure to develop because big shaq had all the attention. if you don't realize that then you aren't old enough to have watched it unfold.

dont compare shaq leaving the lakers or getting dealt to the heat, suns and everywhere else to the suparstars of today that are begging to team up with another player or forcing their way into "bigger markets". they dont want bigger markets, they want to hide behind other good players. people like shaq recognize this and are overly critical of cowards.

people want to hear what shaq has to say, people ask shaq about howard. people put shaq on tv. he's going to say what he wants to say until ratings drop or people stop asking him.

as far as howard goes, he is being criticized by a tv personality. deal with it. get thicker skin. get a brain. grow a pair. no respect for that mental midget. his teams 11-4 and he wants to get dealt to a team with 4 wins. he is as dumb as it gets, so what he says, thinks or does is irrelevant.

kozelkid
01-21-2012, 01:08 AM
No shaq can fly like Dwight at all. Never. And you better be 50 bringing up chamberlain.

Looks like someone never saw 90s Shaq back in Orlando.

And Wilt was a freak. The guy could run the 100 meter dash in 10.9 seconds.

That's some ignorance if you honestly think Shaq could never jump like Dwight. :pity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObgYw_L7FI8&feature=related
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/11/sport-science-looks-at-the-vertical-leap/

Oh and btw, Dwight dunked on a 12 foot basket, not 13. No NBA player could dunk on 13 feet. As second link shows, Dwight apparently only had an inch on Shaq with the highest reach of 12 feet and 5 inches whereas Dwight had 12 feet and 6 inches. Thank you and have a nice day.

Avenged
01-21-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm glad Dwight said something. Don't let Shaq verbal abuse you anymore. Dwight is backing it up on the court as well anyways.

Ebbs
01-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Shaq is the worst analyst in any sport anywhere.

MagicBucsSox
01-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Looks like someone never saw 90s Shaq back in Orlando.

And Wilt was a freak. The guy could run the 100 meter dash in 10.9 seconds.

That's some ignorance if you honestly think Shaq could never jump like Dwight. :pity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObgYw_L7FI8&feature=related
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/11/sport-science-looks-at-the-vertical-leap/

Oh and btw, Dwight dunked on a 12 foot basket, not 13. No NBA player could dunk on 13 feet. As second link shows, Dwight apparently only had an inch on Shaq with the highest reach of 12 feet and 5 inches whereas Dwight had 12 feet and 6 inches. Thank you and have a nice day.

He asked for a 13ft court at the contest but stern denied. So I u think he requested it without practicing..............

kozelkid
01-21-2012, 01:50 AM
He asked for a 13ft court at the contest but stern denied. So I u think he requested it without practicing..............

That's funny considering the highest he got was 12 and a half feet on the sport science vertical test. Unless you think he has a 50 inch vertical (he doesn't).

There's only one person I ever knew who had a 50 inch vertical and his name was Ronnie Fields. Played with KG in HS actually til he suffered in a brutal car accident. Was never the same after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fBmn6Ddx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_gNNVZc4w4

But I guess this is a bit off topic...

Cromedome
01-21-2012, 01:56 AM

I'm pretty sure Dwight was calling himself superman before the dunk contest.

Bulls_fan90
01-21-2012, 01:58 AM
U mad Dwight?

BigBongTheory
01-21-2012, 01:58 AM
yeah, he didnt say "shaq needs to get a life"

BigBongTheory
01-21-2012, 01:59 AM
simply said he needs to continue on with his own life, which is true. but come on, when your getting paid to say things, some things are going to get said...

DaBear
01-21-2012, 02:07 AM
lol

childish...

MagicBucsSox
01-21-2012, 02:09 AM
End of the day Dwight has a PARTNERSHIP with DC comics so he's getting paid for it. Meaning he's the REAL superman, swag

chicago lulz
01-21-2012, 02:15 AM
I have no problem with him saying this

BranWingss
01-21-2012, 02:41 AM
Dislike them both greatly.

Punk
01-21-2012, 02:56 AM
He's right. He is not only petty with this nonsense but he's getting embarrassed each week.

PacersForLife
01-21-2012, 03:38 AM
I like both of these guys on and off the court. It's a shame Shaq has to be like this, Dwight is the closest thing to Shaq in his prime and I think Shaq is mad that he's getting all the glory he gets.

Rndy
01-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Dwight is no superman. Instead of worrying about a gimmick he should probably learn to throw a ft.

Raph12
01-21-2012, 04:20 AM
Can a mod please change this thread title to 'Dwight Howard "Shaq needs to get on with his life"'...

Dwight's right, Shaq's bitter, he has got to be the most insecure player of alltime with those type of accomplishments.

Birdmannn
01-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Yup.

Sidenote: Athletes needs to stop wearing glasses trying to look intelligent. It's idiotic.

Good im not the only one that thought that was stupid.
I have seen so many guys wearing glasses lately.