PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams has a list of teams, if Nets don't get Dwight

elonepb
01-20-2012, 04:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7484258/new-jersey-nets-deron-williams-list-teams-go-to

Broussard story so take it for what it is, but a pretty decent piece overall. Deron wants to be with the Nets, but if Dwight doesn't come he wants to go to the Knicks, Lakers or Mavs.

J4KOP99
01-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Deron Williams' first choice is to stay with the Nets and to build something special in Brooklyn, but if it doesn't work out with his current team, his short list of desirable destinations includes the Mavericks, the Knicks and the Lakers, according to sources close to the situation.

While the league's post-lockout trade buzz has been centered on Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, little attention has been paid to Williams, who like Howard can opt out of his contract and become a free agent after this season.
Williams has publicly stated his desire to re-sign with the Nets, and New Jersey, which views him as a building block for next season's move to Brooklyn, has refused to entertain potential trades involving Williams. Yet both sides know their future together is tied to Dwight Howard.

If the Nets are able to obtain Howard, either through a trade before the March 15 deadline or in free agency this summer, Williams will re-sign. If Howard goes elsewhere, Williams is likely to leave New Jersey, according to the sources.

So if Orlando trades Howard before the deadline to a team he plans to re-sign with, such as the Los Angeles Lakers, the Nets will begin exploring trades for Williams, a source said. The Nets, however, will not consider trading Williams until obtaining Howard is no longer a possibility because the club believes it has a great chance of teaming the two together in Brooklyn, if not this season.

If Howard does go elsewhere, the Nets will be faced with the same dilemma New Orleans faced in moving Chris Paul -- finding a trade partner that Williams will sign with long term because few, if any, teams will be willing to part with major assets for a two-month rental. So Williams will have a large say in where he winds up.

Williams has grown to enjoy living in New York and he is excited about the off-the-court business opportunities the city provides, so if Howard doesn't join him with the Nets, he would love to remain in New York and play for the Knicks, sources said. While no trade talks have taken place between the clubs, the Knicks could theoretically offer either Carmelo Anthony or Amare Stoudemire, thus giving the Nets a superstar to lead them to Brooklyn.

A native of Dallas, Williams is also fond of the idea of playing for the Mavericks. Dallas lacks the pieces to pull off a trade, but if Williams becomes a free agent and the Nets don't get Howard, the Mavericks, who will have enough cap room to offer him a maximum contract, are his likeliest landing spot, a source said.

Then there are the Lakers. Williams likes Los Angeles and lives in nearby San Diego during the offseason. Before the season began, the three teams on his wish list were New Jersey, Dallas and the Los Angeles Clippers, according to sources. But with the Clippers having traded for Paul, playing there is no longer a possibility.

Getting to the Lakers would be difficult for Williams because they will not have cap room in the summer and they lack the promising young prospects the Nets would look for in return.

If the Nets' nightmare scenario comes to pass and they don't get Howard, sources said they will not trade Williams for marginal players merely to avoid losing him for nothing in free agency. If Williams walks, the Nets will be left with enough cap room to sign two high-salaried players, which they view as a better option than eating up their cap space with average talent.

Chris Broussard is a senior NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7484258/new-jersey-nets-deron-williams-list-teams-go-to

310Casper
01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
the knicks? They'd have to lose Amare or overpaid chandler.

the mavs? Why are the mavs all of a suddent a favored destination? They won 1 championship and probably wont win another for another decade. Dirk is on his last legs. I guess Cuban just has that cool effect on some players.

Lakers? Its exactly what they need, they havent had a pointguard in over a decade. And its a big city.

GrapeSoda
01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I would love to see Deron, Dwight go to the Mavs .. that big 3 would compliment each other so well it would be amazing to watch

elonepb
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM

the mavs? Why are the mavs all of a suddent a favored destination? They won 1 championship and probably wont win another for another decade. Dirk is on his last legs. I guess Cuban just has that cool effect on some players.

Lakers? Its exactly what they need, they havent had a pointguard in over a decade. And its a big city.

No chance he makes it to the Knicks or Lakers, because the Nets won't trade him (except maybe for Melo?).

He can sign in the offseason with Dallas.

elonepb
01-20-2012, 04:08 PM
I would love to see Deron, Dwight go to the Mavs .. that big 3 would compliment each other so well it would be amazing to watch

ZERO chance that happens unless one of them gets dealt there before the trade deadline (and then it's 100% happening). The only scenario that happens is if they both became free agents and took less money to play for Dirk and zero other players.

Deron wants to be in Brooklyn, Dwight wants to be in Brooklyn... it's pretty obvious how this will pan out.

310Casper
01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Deron wants to be in Brooklyn, Dwight wants to be in Brooklyn... it's pretty obvious how this will pan out.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

:facepalm:

People really blow the whole "Brooklyn Nets" thing out of proportion. As if they're destined to be the next magical dynasty in the making, just because they move to the oh so cool city of Brooklyn yo! And the whole jay z thing... jesus. Just stop it already.

The have 4 total wins this season WITH Deron. They wont even make the playoffs. Why would dwight or deron want to play with a team like that this October? They want to win now.

D Blue987
01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
No chance he makes it to the Knicks or Lakers, because the Nets won't trade him (except maybe for Melo?).

Ill bet you he is gone by the deadline. Poor Nets fans dont have much to look forward to right now. I dont think the Magic will trade dwight to Jersey. They are not playing well and frankly, even with Dwight, they wouldnt have a prayer at a championship. I am not even sure if they would make the playoffs at this point if they wait til the deadline to acquire him. They might be too far back by then.

GrapeSoda
01-20-2012, 04:11 PM
ZERO chance that happens unless one of them gets dealt there before the trade deadline (and then it's 100% happening). The only scenario that happens is if they both became free agents and took less money to play for Dirk and zero other players.

While I do believe Dwight will end up with the Nets, The Mavs have a great chance of acquiring them through FA I mean the heat did it with their big 3, anything can happen :shrug:

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
the nba is becoming a joke... ive never seen a "wishlist" in any other sport

lakersiznumber1
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
would be nice 2 have him in la i think hes goin be in dallas or la. I hope knicks dont go 4 him and mess there team up more

GrapeSoda
01-20-2012, 04:15 PM
would be nice 2 have him in la i think hes goin be in dallas or la. I hope knicks dont go 4 him and mess there team up more

First off they have literally no cap to acquire him and second of all how the hell would getting Deron Williams mess up the knicks? It would greatly improve them ...

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh God not Broussard. This is got to be the biggest bunch of BS I've ever laid my eyes on. Enough is enough with the "sources". Step 1: Write 500 article a year about stuff you just make up. Step 2: Hope the one of them come true. Step 3: Tell everyone you were right when one does.

Basketball writers are just down right embarrassing. 1 good story for every 100 made up ones. I'm sure D-Will just took time out of his busy schedule to tell some sources that story.

I just love when people take obvious made up **** and run with it.

numba1CHANGsta
01-20-2012, 04:18 PM
1. Dwight isnt going the the Nets it cant happen anymore since they resigned Humphries and traded for Okur.
2. The Knicks have no one to offer the Nets unless its Amare which wont happen
3. The Mavs literally have no one to offer the Nets unless its Dirk involved which wont ever happen, their best chance is signing him as a FA.
4. The Lakers has the best chance of acquiring D-Will, they can offer Gasol plus some of our young guys like Ebanks or Morris and draft picks
5. D-Will wont sign an extension with the Nets so he will get traded before the deadline which means the best destination to land D-Will will be LA

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM

People really blow the whole "Brooklyn Nets" thing out of proportion. As if they're destined to be the next magical dynasty in the making, just because they move to the oh so cool city of Brooklyn yo! And the whole jay z thing... jesus. Just stop it already.

The have 4 total wins this season WITH Deron. They wont even make the playoffs. Why would dwight or deron want to play with a team like that this October? They want to win now.

what was the celtics record the year before they won the title?

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
LET'S BOLD EVERYTHING!!!! its kool.

elonepb
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Dallas is really the only option here, since the Nets are not going to trade him. But it won't be with Dwight because if Dwight has the ability to sign as a free agent somewhere, why wouldn't he just do it with Deron in Brooklyn where they BOTH want to be?

That would mean the Nets would have Lopez + MarShon Brooks + 2012 lottery pick + Dwight + Deron, etc.

HouRealCoach
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Every year people make up **** about Deron Williams.. He will shutbdown this rumor later on today or sometime thus weekend smh

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
1. Dwight isnt going the the Nets it cant happen anymore since they resigned Humphries and traded for Okur.
3. The Mavs literally have no one to offer the Nets unless its Dirk involved which wont ever happen, their best chance is signing him as a FA.
4. The Lakers has the best chance of acquiring D-Will, they can offer Gasol plus some of our young guys like Ebanks or Morris and draft picks
5. D-Will wont sign an extension with the Nets so he will get traded before the deadline which means the best destination to land D-Will will be LA

what are you talking about? get a clue

asandhu23
01-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Again with same old teams in the mix. its no wonder other teams never win.

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM

Oh Lakers fans, when will you realize not everyone wants to be a Laker. Dwight and Deron are pairing up don't you realize this?

elonepb
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Lots of fail here.

1. They are EXPIRING contracts and Hump is putting up 10/10. They can be traded on March 1st. This lets the Nets take on Dwight + Magic bad contracts
2. Nets will never trade with the Knicks
3. Agreed, and FA is a real option but it won't be with Dwight
4. Nets will not trade with the Lakers, nobody wants Gasol's oversized contract especially when the Nets already have a soft 20 PPG big man in Lopez
5. NOBODY is signing an extension. They are opting out of their contracts to become free agents and sign longer term deals than an extension would offer. Nets are NOT trading DWill at all. Not when Dwight can still come as a free agent.

Federal Reserve
01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
HE iS COMING TO NEW YORK TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS!!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM
its getting bad in NJ

GrapeSoda
LET'S BOLD EVERYTHING!!!! its kool.

i LIKE TURTLES

lakersiznumber1
First off they have literally no cap to acquire him and second of all how the hell would getting Deron Williams mess up the knicks? It would greatly improve them ...

first off we have paul gasol and trading tpe :facepalm:and who the knicks goin trade amare or melo you clipper fans:facepalm: ever since you got paul u have so much mouth

KnokOut
01-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Definitely not good news for the Nets. I hate how players do this though.

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
There's already a thread for this complete waste of time

Punk
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM

Lol Exactly. Nobody in Brooklyn even cares, The arena gets no publicity aside from the protests against it 3 years ago.

Lakers, Mavs makes sense money wise. If he thinks he can win faster, he would choose the Knicks and take less to do so. Up to him.

I highly doubt he'll come here. Besides, we're more interested in Nash instead of wasting time with this rumor nonsense.

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
the players in today's NBA annoy me to no end. Its all about them, **** whichever team is paying me millions, I DESERVE a ring!

Kind of like the younger generation in America as a whole. All about them. CEO 4 years out of college, or I leave!

Whatever. I hated Deron the second Sloan quit, so this won't do anything to my opinion of him as a person. Plus he went to Illinois, and my family simply refers to them as, "cheaters".

nycericanguy
01-20-2012, 04:34 PM
A Melo for Dwill trade would make sense for both teams if Knicks continue to struggle.

Dwill gets 2 big men to throw lobs to, won't have to carry the load offensively.

NJ gets Melo after all, Melo is better suited to carry a team, Deron is struggling being asked to be the main scorer.

Greet
01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Oh a Chris Broussard report? I lol'd

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Lol Exactly. Nobody in Brooklyn even cares, The arena gets no publicity aside from the protests against it 3 years ago.

Lakers, Mavs makes sense money wise. If he thinks he can win faster, he would choose the Knicks and take less to do so. Up to him.

I highly doubt he'll come here. Besides, we're more interested in Nash instead of wasting time with this rumor nonsense.

You can't make this stuff up, comedy gold. :clap: Well done sir

Why would he want to go to play with two good teams in LA or DAL when he can play for the sub .500 Knicks.

If LA wants D-Will and he wants them that's fine but it's gonna cost you Bynum. If not you can go scratch.

97NYer
01-20-2012, 04:42 PM
I think he signs in Dallas in the offseason.

raiderNlakerfan
01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
d will would be aight in LA but im not sure if he would mesh with kb and or bynum.. pau,luke,TPE for dwill,humphries

raiderNlakerfan
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
i always knew NJ gave up wayyyyy to much for d will lol.. utah is lookin solid right now too.. they havea smart f.o

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 04:47 PM
d will would be aight in la but im not sure if he would mesh with kb and or bynum.. pau,luke,tpe for dwill,humphries

lmfao

raiderNlakerfan
01-20-2012, 04:49 PM
lmfao

i tried. haha:rolleyes:

elonepb
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM
i always knew NJ gave up wayyyyy to much for d will lol.. utah is lookin solid right now too.. they havea smart f.o

Too early to say. At the moment, it was an incredibly great trade because right now Dwight Howard wants to play for the Nets. He has only 3 teams he's down with and the Lakers are a distant third.

If Deron & Dwight pair up like it looks like they've been plotting to do, then it was an amazing trade. If Deron leaves, then yeah.

But isn't a trade that gets Dwight to demand to come to your team always a good trade?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM

So mavs and Knicks are winning all the time?

if he wants to play there its his own business, Stern couldn't veto it:laugh2:

JerseysFinest
01-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Interesting. Brook Lopez is sidelined with injuries, and they're facing a number of injuries. Defenses are focusing on Deron, and he has trouble because he isn't a pure scorer. What's your point?

And BTW, a lot of people actually underrate Nets having Jay-Z as a minority owner. (I know someone will say he didn't bring LeBron, but LeBron already had his mind set on Miami)

Njsportsfreak
01-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't wanna see dwill go but if so for melo would be a nice pick up for both teams we would just at least find a good piece to fit in with him and have them team up with young stud in Brooks who gets better every game and young and let's not forget we can pick up jr smith in march I believe

Lakers + Giants
01-20-2012, 05:04 PM

He's from dallas. Plus dallas is gonna have a **** load of cap space next year so he knows that going to mavs he'll be playing with dirk and possibly another star. Scary but true.

eugene
01-20-2012, 05:08 PM
the nba is becoming a joke... Ive never seen a "wishlist" in any other sport

this

Lakerhead4ever
01-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Too early to say. At the moment, it was an incredibly great trade because right now Dwight Howard wants to play for the Nets. He has only 3 teams he's down with and the Lakers are a distant third.

If Deron & Dwight pair up like it looks like they've been plotting to do, then it was an amazing trade. If Deron leaves, then yeah.

But isn't a trade that gets Dwight to demand to come to your team always a good trade?

when are people going to realize their "wish list" is just a list. their front office doesnt care who they trade with, its a matter of the pieces they get in return.

and there is no such thing as a number one destination or a distant 3rd destination, if a team is on a "list" its where they want to go.

and im guarantee both d will, and howard will be in new uniforms come the trade deadline. because with lopez injury and the lack of vets on that net team they have no pieces the magic would want. which means d will wont sign a contract extension, which means they would be forced to trade him as well.

Net fans let it go

LTBaByyy
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
The Mavs are the only team of the 3 that can sign his outright

I hope Dwight and Deron take 16 mil a year with Dallas! It can happen

Miami did it

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 05:19 PM
when are people going to realize their "wish list" is just a list. their front office doesnt care who they trade with, its a matter of the pieces they get in return.

and there is no such thing as a number one destination or a distant 3rd destination, if a team is on a "list" its where they want to go.

and im guarantee both d will, and howard will be in new uniforms come the trade deadline. because with lopez injury and the lack of vets on that net team they have no pieces the magic would want. which means d will wont sign a contract extension, which means they would be forced to trade him as well.

Net fans let it go

Dwight and Deron are pairing up why is that so hard to understand. This is 2010 all over again the pact is made. Two teams can make that happen so the only thing now depends on where they team up.

Yunqn
01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Funny how i created this thread two days ago and it got deleted and everytone was trying to bash me for it.. Dwight only listed dallas & new jersey because of deron.. They want to play together and people have to understand that..

The only team i can see them pairing up is in golden state..

John Walls Era
01-20-2012, 05:29 PM

Broussard story so take it for what it is, but a pretty decent piece overall. Deron wants to be with the Nets, but if Dwight doesn't come he wants to go to the Knicks, Lakers or Mavs.

Not this again.... the Dwight drama still hasn't ended. Anytime it features those bold teams, ESPN and PSD will quote anything and anyone to build hope.

I like Deron on the Lakers though.

numba1CHANGsta
01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Lots of fail here.

1. They are EXPIRING contracts and Hump is putting up 10/10. They can be traded on March 1st. This lets the Nets take on Dwight + Magic bad contracts
2. Nets will never trade with the Knicks
3. Agreed, and FA is a real option but it won't be with Dwight
4. Nets will not trade with the Lakers, nobody wants Gasol's oversized contract especially when the Nets already have a soft 20 PPG big man in Lopez
5. NOBODY is signing an extension. They are opting out of their contracts to become free agents and sign longer term deals than an extension would offer. Nets are NOT trading DWill at all. Not when Dwight can still come as a free agent.

You're wrong buddy, Okur cant be traded again in the same season unless he is waived AND if no one will sign an extension then none of them will get traded which wont happen these teams wont let them walk and get nothing in return so they will sign extensions if traded to the right team

Yunqn
01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
the mavs are the only team of the 3 that can sign his outright

i hope dwight and deron take 16 mil a year with dallas! It can happen

miami did it

deron def will and because he's opting out already he may get there before the offseason..

Idk if i see dwight taking 16 mil though..

And idk if dwight will end up there anyway.. The future cba will deny that from happening..

J4KOP99
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Same teams in the mix? It's no wonder other teams never win?

What are you talking about? The Knicks... when the hell was the last time they won?

It took Dallas so many damn years and tons and tons of millions of dollars and crazy free agent purchases and trades to get ONE title.

The Spurs have won more than the Knicks and Mavs combined in the last 30 years.

The Lakers have always been a a powerhouse and will continue to be. part of that is location, part of that is their history and a huge part of that is their management.

The Last decade we had the Pistons, spurs, lakers, celtics, and heat (without lebron and bosh obviously)

The Lakers and Celtics would be considered a big market. I guess you cold argue Miami is a big market... but Detroit and San Antonio?

Evolution23
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
why is every rumor linked to the Knicks. People hate us enough as it is, now it will get even worse. :angry:

elonepb
01-20-2012, 05:39 PM
You're wrong buddy, Okur cant be traded again in the same season unless he is waived AND if no one will sign an extension then none of them will get traded which wont happen these teams wont let them walk and get nothing in return so they will sign extensions if traded to the right team

More wrong, he absolutely can be traded by himself for other players. He can't be included in a multiplayer deal (him + other Nets).

And you are continuing to fail fail fail. NONE of the players are signing extensions. Extensions are EXTENDING your CURRENT contract. NONE of them are doing that. They are opting OUT of their current contract and signing a new one.

If they sign a new one with the team they were on at the end of the season, they are eligible for 5 guaranteed years. If they go to a different team it's 4 guaranteed years and less % raises per year.

Try to follow along.

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 05:44 PM

I don't know anything about quantum physics so I don't speak on the subject. Since you don't know about basketball maybe you shouldn't speak on it. If you don't know ask, it's the only way you'll learn.

SDvikes
01-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Who is Deron Williams and what has he done...

I am so sick of these guys demanding where and who they will play for...

Keep him...I hope he is miserable...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2012, 05:46 PM
The Mavs are the only team of the 3 that can sign his outright

I hope Dwight and Deron take 16 mil a year with Dallas! It can happen

Miami did it

loooool LTbaby

mavs barely have room for 1 max contract

Rndy
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I still see him going to Dallas. Cuban was very smart not to give huge deals out to role players.

elonepb
01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I still see him going to Dallas. Cuban was very smart not to give huge deals out to role players.

Agreed, if the Nets don't get Dwight, he's definitely going there. But there's no chance Dwight can join him unless one of the two finds a way to get there before the trade deadline.

meloman1592
01-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Deron for Amare...make it happen

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Ahhhhh, NO

elonepb
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM

I'm not even sure NBA2K12 would be that stupid. Amare is untradeable. Not sure how many times Knicks fans need to hear that before it clicks.

Knicks fans are stuck with him until his contract is done.

numba1CHANGsta
01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't know anything about quantum physics so I don't speak on the subject. Since you don't know about basketball maybe you shouldn't speak on it. If you don't know ask, it's the only way you'll learn.

haha okay genius :laugh:

numba1CHANGsta
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
More wrong, he absolutely can be traded by himself for other players. He can't be included in a multiplayer deal (him + other Nets).

And you are continuing to fail fail fail. NONE of the players are signing extensions. Extensions are EXTENDING your CURRENT contract. NONE of them are doing that. They are opting OUT of their current contract and signing a new one.

If they sign a new one with the team they were on at the end of the season, they are eligible for 5 guaranteed years. If they go to a different team it's 4 guaranteed years and less % raises per year.

Try to follow along.

LOL Okur for Dwight makes sense you Nets fans try so hard but are just jealous cuz no one wants to go play for them :D

strahan92osi72
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Melo for D-Will, no way. That trade makes the Knicks like 5-10 games worse. Amare for D-Will? Maybe, but Melo for D-Will, GTFO.

Cal827
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Melo for Williams straight up seems fair.

No way in hell NJ takes on Amar'e and his risk factor/contract for him Alone. Again New York would also have to deal out prospects and draft picks in that case (Shumpert/Fields/First rounders).

imagesrdecievin
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
LOL Okur for Dwight makes sense you Nets fans try so hard but are just jealous cuz no one wants to go play for them :D

Okur for Turkoglu works as a separate but related deal.

As to your jealousy comment - that is an incredibly weak attempt to bait and divert from the fact that you are wrong.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM

HAHAHA...someone sounds a lil mad...lol
calm down buddy...ppl like the idea of the move to BK cuz it will be a freakin amazin arena..well i guess more like a sports complex..but yea.

as for u saying why would they want to play there...well like i said being the face of the new arena would be nice.... brooks is NICE.... lopez is nice...a top 5 pick is nice....but yea.. even is we trade lopez brooks and picks for d12 then we can start the build with dwill and d12. then more stars will come.

LBJ always was in win now mode and he went to the finals with both his teams. he dident win ****...so yea..dwill and d12 wont win the first season they play together.

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 07:17 PM

you're clueless :facepalm:

http://i43.tinypic.com/651gsg.jpg

ManRam
01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow! Knicks, Lakers and Mavs!?!?

Shocking! Who would have thunk it?

JIDsanity
01-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Wow! Knicks, Lakers and Mavs!?!?

Shocking! Who would have thunk it?

LMAO. Espn is loving every second of the Dwight and Deron drama. I wonder how many hits this article got?

Evolution23
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Knicks don't need Deron, we got Shumpert.

Knicks21
01-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Sometimes I hate being a knick fan, the media throws us around like a ping-pong ball.

smith&wesson
01-20-2012, 08:18 PM

Maybe because cuban spends the money to constantly suround his star players with a solid suporting cast ? and i beleive deron is from dallas if im not mistaken

topdog
01-20-2012, 08:26 PM

I also am on board with this and am in no way a Mavs fan. Dirk-Dwight would be an awesome tandem.

BigBongTheory
01-20-2012, 08:29 PM
damn, he would be so good for me lakers....ah, dreaming

LTBaByyy
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
loooool LTbaby

mavs barely have room for 1 max contract

Bahahahaha you should've did your research

Barely enough for one Max? Yeah right.

Look at all the expiring contracts, Odom buy out clause in his contract, and amnesty Haywood and tell me how much we have please :)

D Will
Terry (resigned)
Marion
Dirk
Howard

Its unlikely both come, but its 90% more chance than any other team financially

Plus Mavs both on both their top 3 list

netsgiantsyanks
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM

both humphries and okur are expirings. they signed him to a 1 year deal.

BigBongTheory
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM

Look at all the expiring contracts, Odom buy out clause in his contract, and amnesty Haywood and tell me how much we have please :)

D Will
Terry (resigned)
Marion
Dirk
Howard

Your roster is very unlikely, but according to tracy mcgrady that will happen..dwight wont hit free agency and that's the only way he will be on the mavs next year, he will be traded..he stated over and over that he will not sign with orlando and doesn't want to be there anymore. and d-will will likely put the team that gets dwight on top of his list, mostly because him and dwight are extremely good friends..

D-Will
K Bryant
M Barnes/hedo
Mcroberts/?
D Howard

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 09:08 PM

D Will
Terry (resigned)
Marion
Dirk
Howard

actually you should do your research

only way that happens is if marion is traded and thats not happening... and you think jason terry will take a 6-7 mil paycut? yeaaaaaa right

2-ONE-5
01-20-2012, 09:14 PM

Um a team with Howard and D-Will along with Brooks is a good team. Right now they are a bad in part bcuz they dont have a center. The Nets have an owner thats willing to spend his money and the whole league knows that

gatkins11
01-20-2012, 09:28 PM
actually you should do your research

only way that happens is if marion is traded and thats not happening... and you think jason terry will take a 6-7 mil paycut? yeaaaaaa right

jmoney85
01-20-2012, 10:07 PM
why are you facepalming...im right

Sadds The Gr8
01-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Deron Williams is a ****in toolbox

LakersIn5
01-21-2012, 03:50 AM

better to trade him than to lose him in free agency

SaimuKala
01-21-2012, 11:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7cn7tt9

SaimuKala
01-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Please come to the Lakers:pray:

RaJAxTWa
01-21-2012, 11:24 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7cn7tt9

lakers, knicks, or mavs have a great offer to give for deron so i dont see him being traded unless its a three team deal

p.s that offer was horrible

RaJAxTWa
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7y7h9vc

this trade makes more sense all around, celtics also would ship their first round pick to the rockets in this deal

Lakeshow24KB
01-21-2012, 12:00 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7y7h9vc

this trade makes more sense all around, celtics also would ship their first round pick to the rockets in this deal

Why the HELL would they give up Kevin Martin when he's killing it this year for people like Brandon bass when they already have Luis Scola. C'mon now.

Lakeshow24KB
01-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Please come to the Lakers:pray:

:facepalm: they aren't giving up Bynum.

THE_FLASH_21
01-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Deron Williams is from Dallas..

THE_FLASH_21
01-21-2012, 12:13 PM
:facepalm: they aren't giving up Bynum.

The nets don't need BYNUM

:facepalm: lol

blahblahyoutoo
01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
d will would be aight in LA but im not sure if he would mesh with kb and or bynum.. pau,luke,TPE for dwill,humphries

humphries to LA to reunite with KK!

SportsAndrew25
01-21-2012, 12:19 PM
I would love to have him on the Knicks but that is not happening. :(

EDIT: 99 Posts to 10,000

Crackadalic
01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
He would probably go to Dallas if anything

LTBaByyy
01-21-2012, 12:38 PM
People are acting like D Will and Howard will ask for the Max

The only way they can play together is if they both ask for 16 mil a year and go to Dallas with Dirk

Y'all really don't know how much the Mavs have this off season

Ill keep my mouth shut and watch it happen

LTBaByyy
01-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Expiring contracts, Odom buy out clause in his contract, and amnesty Haywood

If they both ask for 16 mil a year like the Heat players, we can signing them outright

The Mavericks are the only team that can have them together financially

Knicks and Lakers wont be able to have them BOTH

Cuban is not dumb, he set up for this off season

LTBaByyy
01-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Marion nd Dirk are the only players left on the roster next year! (Amnesty Haywood and buy out clause in Odom contract)

And y'all are saying Mavs can't get both???? :laugh:

Terry and others will definitely take a pay cut to play with D Will, Dirk, and Howard

Come on now. Mavs are the only team that can sign them both

Howard and D Will will not ask for the Max if they want to play with eachother

And Dallas is on both of their top 3 list and the only team with the money

Knicks and Lakers don't have money. Its the Nets or Mavericks

waveycrockett
01-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Not only can the Nets offer the max to both guys but having Lopez, Marshon, potentially one of Barnes/Drummond/Davis/Jones beats playing with just an old Dirk

Greet
01-21-2012, 01:47 PM
That was basically how Deron Williams replied Saturday morning when asked about Chris Broussard's report that he has list of teams he'd prefer if the Nets fail to get Dwight Howard and he needs to get out of Jersey.

First, Williams claimed he doesn't read ESPN although the first person he followed on Twitter is named Chris Broussard. The ESPN writer is also one of only two reporters he follows, the other being Darren Rovell of CNBC. And his very first tweet, as noted by Nets are Scorching, quoted who?

After that, there was this exchange:

Q: You have a list…
A: Did you hear it from me? We don’t need to talk about it then. Another one of these sources. Sources. I don’t know who sources are.

Q: The Knicks were on the list. You said before the season it was unlikely you’d go there, has anything changed?
A: We play Oklahoma City tonight, right? We’ve got Russell Westbrook tonight, Kevin Durant and Co.?

Later, Williams said he was unaware of any list and Avery Johnson joked he had hoped his son's high school team would be on the list. So take from it what you will.

Chill_Will_24
01-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Deron basically avoided the question this morning. However as it looks now, the Magic might hang on to Howard and let him walk. That imo is a dream scenario for the Nets NOT Dallas.

Yes Dallas would have the triple Ds...

but Brooklyn would have so much more flexibility and room to build a deep team and neither Deron or Dwight would have to accept pay cuts..

So between good picks in a deep draft and lots of cap room, not to mention that Deron has said his preferred option is to stay with the Nets and lead them to Brooklyn and Dwight's preferred destination is the Nets, so why wouldnt they choose the Nets in FA when the hypothetical Nets team would be even better then than now?

Im starting to waver on my belief that DAL will get them if they hit FA. Brooklyn just offers so much more.

BTW Wade was from CHI and he is still in MIA

elonepb
01-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Deron basically avoided the question this morning. However as it looks now, the Magic might hang on to Howard and let him walk. That imo is a dream scenario for the Nets NOT Dallas.

Yes Dallas would have the triple Ds...

but Brooklyn would have so much more flexibility and room to build a deep team and neither Deron or Dwight would have to accept pay cuts..

So between good picks in a deep draft and lots of cap room, not to mention that Deron has said his preferred option is to stay with the Nets and lead them to Brooklyn and Dwight's preferred destination is the Nets, so why wouldnt they choose the Nets in FA when the hypothetical Nets team would be even better then than now?

Im starting to waver on my belief that DAL will get them if they hit FA. Brooklyn just offers so much more.

BTW Wade was from CHI and he is still in MIA

All truth.

jiggin
01-21-2012, 03:41 PM
why did they lock out? nothing has changed. The big markets still get the players. The players still **** the league over by being so damn picky that the rich get richer.

NBA is a joke...it will never change. Sad.

DR_1
01-21-2012, 05:40 PM

:clap:

NYman15
01-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I still see Dwight ending up with the Nets. I don't think LA is gonna end up trading Bynum for him and instead will look at a guard instead. I think Dwight and Deron end up in NJ.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
plus.. that whole phone call from kobe to d12 and d12 not wanting to be 2nd fiddle to kobe.. hmmm.. im liking this more and more for the nets :)