PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Devin Harris?

GrapeSoda
01-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I will admit that I have rarely seen the Jazz play this year, but his stats are pitiful, by far the lowest PER of his career, literally the worst worst fg% ts% of his career .. i find it odd that the Jazz as a whole have been playing suprisingly well while he is struggling, he was an all star a few years ago, what the hell happened to him?

This years stats ...

8.1 PPG 1.3 RPG 4.6 APG 0.9 SPG 35 FG% FG 31 3FG%

Rockice_8
01-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Time for LAL to grab him on the cheap. I think he'd do wonders there.

Something like the Odom TPE/Morris and a pick for Harris.

LAL gets a good PG while his value is down and UTAH saves some cash and gets a young player and a pick back.

310Casper
01-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I also cannot believe what happened to him.

The Jazz would probably take a 2nd round pick for him right now. I once believed he would be up there with cp3/drose/deron...

J4KOP99
01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
As a Lakers fan, I am also very curious. Is he just not fitting in with Utah or has he hit this hard of a decline? The Lakers badly need a PG and I had previously thought that Harris could be the answer but after watching him this year, it doesn't look like that is the case.

GrapeSoda
01-20-2012, 04:05 PM

The Jazz would probably take a 2nd round pick for him right now. I once believed he would be up there with cp3/drose/deron...

haha this, funny thing is when he got traded for Kidd I thought the Mavs were getting robbed, man was i wrong :facepalm:

GrapeSoda
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
I wonder if LA would be willing to give up a 1st for him? or maybe even expirings if they have any + 2nd picks? They badly need a PG I always thought he would be a good fit as well there but hes been atrocious this season

dhopisthename
01-20-2012, 04:13 PM

no they wouldn't. he has just had a hard time adjusting to the new offense. as for his assists number those are to get when the jazz offense right now is pass it inside to either millsap or jefferson and hayward and bell have been off on their shots for a while now

jimbobjarree
01-20-2012, 04:15 PM
he's just the wrong fit for us. I think we'd do the TPE and the 1st if we had a trade lined up for a replacement PG. I don't see us relying solely on Watson and Tinsley at the PG for the rest of the year. That is unless our season begins to go **** up and we go into tank/play the young guys mode.

KnokOut
01-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I can't tell you either. It's very weird. He was always pretty solid in NJ, he just fell off though since leaving.

97NYer
01-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Steve Blake, Darius Morris and a 2nd rounder and part of Odom's TPE for Harris. Lakers really need a PG.

aaronseyeview
01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Its not a fire sale. KOC does not operate like that. There is no way that you will see him leave for Blake, Morris, 2nd rounder and part of TPE. That is a bunch of trash for a pg with serious potential. KOC will want some good assets in return; at least a 1st round pick.

llemon
01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Injuries, older, not the shooter he was, not the speedster he was, doesn't seem to care about the game as much, pretty bad defender, and don't think that Devin is a good fit on the Jazz.

ChiSox219
01-20-2012, 05:15 PM
There used to be a Nets fan here that was so adamant that Devin Harris was better Derrick Rose, that I actually considered his argument for a minute. Time tells the truth tho

Iodine
01-20-2012, 05:58 PM
He is in a horrific fit, his usage has plummetted and he is shooting more percentage of his shots as long twos instead of his slashing game. Also he is well below his career rate of assists leading too shots around the rim, getting blocked on 17% of close shots, and is having a horrible time of finishing around the rim with a sub 400 eFG

Hawkeye15
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
He is in a horrific fit, his usage has plummetted and he is shooting more percentage of his shots as long twos instead of his slashing game. Also he is well below his career rate of assists leading too shots around the rim, getting blocked on 17% of close shots, and is having a horrible time of finishing around the rim with a sub 400 eFG

so you are saying he may have regressed?

Cal827
01-20-2012, 06:07 PM
haha this, funny thing is when he got traded for Kidd I thought the Mavs were getting robbed, man was i wrong :facepalm:

Same.

I remember saying that Dallas probably made one of the biggest mistakes in the NBA in a long time. As I thought Harris had loads of potential and would end up a top 4 point guard. Him and Dirk would run amok once Harris maxed out. Kidd was washed up and was going to be finished in the next 2 years... Show's what I knew :D

5ass
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
he took an arrow to the knee

Iodine
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
so you are saying he may have regressed?

tl;dr