PDA

View Full Version : Kobe tells d12 its his team (over the phone)

310Casper
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34476304

There are various rules and regulations that prohibit NBA teams and players from talking to one another in regards to recruiting for a trade. But when that player has been given permission to talk to other teams, that all goes out the window. Such is the case with Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant, who have apparently become like teenage girls gabbing on the phone with Howard weighing where he wants to be traded to, if at all. Unfortuntely for Lakers fans, it doesn't sound like Bryant's doing a great job as a pitch man. From the Los Angeles Times:

Kobe Bryant has had at least one in-depth phone conversation with Howard recently, even discussing how Howard might fit in with the Lakers' scheme.

One person with knowledge of the conversation said Howard came away feeling as if he wouldn't be the Lakers' top option, for obvious reasons. It's Bryant's team.

310Casper
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Kobe is going to single handedly bring the laker franchise down with him. As long as he remains the #1 option, he doesnt care :facepalm:

Raps08-09 Champ
01-20-2012, 02:26 PM
At least he's honest.

I don't think Dwight would disagree.

310Casper
01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
At least he's honest.

I don't think Dwight would disagree.

Dwight's not going to want to play in LA with kobe's mentality. Thats why Shaq left too.

Kobe needs to accept that he's aging and adapt to it. He can still be the 1/2 option for the next 3 years, but the fact that he's making it 100% aware to players like d12 that its "His team".... :facepalm:

lakersiznumber1
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
well it is kobes team he should of said it will be your team very soon

5ass
01-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Kobe is an idiot, he should be kissing Dwight's *** to help him out. If im howard, i say **** kobe, and **** the lakers. Dwight should be playing with some1 that knows how to give him the ball.

whitemamba33
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
...prove it.

lakerboy
01-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Dwight's not going to want to play in LA with kobe's mentality. Thats why Shaq left too.

Kobe needs to accept that he's aging and adapt to it. He can still be the 1/2 option for the next 3 years, but the fact that he's making it 100% aware to players like d12 that its "His team".... :facepalm:

Look for the youtube video where Dwight says Kobe is the player he wants to play with the most.

Kobe just stated the obvious. It's his team.

If Dwight goes to MIA, it'll be LBJ's or Wade's team.
If Dwight goes to OKC, it'll be Durant's team.
If Dwight goes to NJN, it'll be his team, but they'll still be horrible.

The thing with the Lakers is, everybody knows Kobe isnít getting any younger, but itís still his team at this moment. Dwight and Kobe both know eventually the torch will be passed on, and if Dwight comes to LA it will be his Lakers team eventually.

Deciding to go to the Lakers can give Dwight a ring even before his contract expires this summer. He really should think about it.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM

Obviously there will be a transition for it to be Howard's team as time goes on.

But as of right now, it's Kobe's.

Hellcrooner
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Look for the youtube video where Dwight says Kobe is the player he wants to play with the most.

The thing with the Lakers is, everybody knows Kobe isnít getting any younger, but itís still his team at this moment. Dwight and Kobe both know eventually the torch will be passed on, and if Dwight comes to LA it will be his Lakers team eventually.

Deciding to go to the Lakers can give Dwight a ring even before his contract expires this summer. He really should think about it.

You forgot that if he goes to DALLAS ( who is making cap room for both him and Deron)

IT WILL BE HIS TEAM ( since Dirk wont be bickering bout it)
IT WILL BE A TEAM that does NOT suck.

elonepb
01-20-2012, 02:41 PM

What an irrational claim. You don't think Deron Williams & Dwight Howard would be an INSANELY effective combo on a team they can literally build themselves???

Insanity.

5ass
01-20-2012, 02:42 PM

The thing with the Lakers is, everybody knows Kobe isn’t getting any younger, but it’s still his team at this moment. Dwight and Kobe both know eventually the torch will be passed on, and if Dwight comes to LA it will be his Lakers team eventually.

ya right, no team with howard+williams will be horrible, they can be the 1st, 2nd or 3rd best team in the east next year. It all depends what pieces they put around them.

lakerboy
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
What an irrational claim. You don't think Deron Williams & Dwight Howard would be an INSANELY effective combo on a team they can literally build themselves???

Insanity.

Yes. They won't get past Miami.

Hellcrooner
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Lets put it this way.

If howard goes and gives a phone call to Shaq and or Pau and ask them how is it to "share" the court , and glory and wins with Kobe its game over for lakers in this regard.

lakerboy
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
You forgot that if he goes to DALLAS ( who is making cap room for both him and Deron)

IT WILL BE HIS TEAM ( since Dirk wont be bickering bout it)
IT WILL BE A TEAM that does NOT suck.

If they do get Deron and Dwight + Dirk, that will be awesome. But if it is just Dirk and Dwight, Dirk is old.

Hellcrooner
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
If they do get Deron and Dwight + Dirk, that will be awesome. But if it is just Dirk and Dwight, Dirk is old.

He was old last year too.

You know why Mavs won this time after all the previous failures?

Because he finally had a good defensive center by his side instead of a 7,7 foot mormon or overpayed bum dampier.

That covered for his defensive shortcomings.

Now tell me bout it with dwight whos a better defender and ATTACKEr by his side.

Isnt he a texan too?

:rolleyes:

lakerboy
01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Lets put it this way.

If howard goes and gives a phone call to Shaq and or Pau and ask them how is it to "share" the court , and glory and wins with Kobe its game over for lakers in this regard.

The whole world knows this crooner, Kobe is not an easy guy to work with definitely. Shaq and Pau can say whatever they want, but at the end of the day, Kobe helped Shaq get 3 rings and Pau 2 rings. Kobe helped Pau win his first playoff game LMAO. He can help Dwight get at least one ring..

lakerboy
01-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Because he finally had a good defensive center by his side instead of a 7,7 foot mormon or overpayed bum dampier.

Now tell me bout it with dwight whos a better defender and ATTACKEr by his side.

Isnt he a texan too?

They'll make a formidable team no doubt about it. IF they get Deron I will **** my pants, and I think everybody in the league is quietly dreading this.

But at this moment, if Dwight is to be traded, we are still the team with the best package to offer.

5ass
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM

Isnt he a texan too?

Dwight, Dirk, Marion, Delonte, Roddy
they just need a PG. I wouldnt be surprised if they resign Kidd for cheap. If they can get Steve Nash its over. Dwight, Dirk, Marion, west, Nash- Thats the best team in the NBA.

whitemamba33
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm amazed at how people will argue for hours about a title that doesn't exist.

It's the "owners" team.

ldawg
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
It would become Howards team and Kobe will be helping him win. If they also get williams with howard then they have to give the ball to him and run the show. by the way their is no my or i in team.

The Final Boss
01-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Lol I needed a laugh so my friend recommended the PSD NBA Forum. You know; The non-grads, stinky leg listening, neon Wayfarer wearing, bus-taking generation who want to dress like skaters and Malibu surfers after ragging on their tight pants, snap back hats, and VANS in the 80's and 90's. You know who you are.:laugh:

Dwight has been around the game long enough to know it's Kobe's team and he'll eventually take over with the next generation of LAKERS. Mikan, West, Baylor, Wilt, Jabbar, Magic, Worthy, Ceballos, Van Exel, Shaq, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Howard... Just continue the legacy, big man.

310Casper
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm amazed at how people will argue for hours about a title that doesn't exist.

It's the "owners" team.

you take things way too literal, bro :facepalm:

310Casper
01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Lol I needed a laugh so my friend recommended the PSD NBA Forum. You know, the non-grads, stinky leg listening, bus taking generation who want to dress like skaters and Malibu surfers after ragging on their tight pants, snap back hats, and VANS in the 80's and 90's. You know who you are.:laugh:

lol random

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
:laugh:

The Final Boss
01-20-2012, 03:02 PM
lol random

310 Where from in Los Angeles?

MeLaPelan!
01-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Lol I needed a laugh so my friend recommended the PSD NBA Forum. You know, the non-grads, stinky leg listening, bus taking generation who want to dress like skaters and Malibu surfers after ragging on their tight pants, snap back hats, and VANS in the 80's and 90's. You know who you are.:laugh:

lol. epic

avon_barksdale
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM

Isnt he a texan too?

atlanta

Avenged
01-20-2012, 03:46 PM

Dwight wants to leave Orlando in order to win a championship.. He wants that success. Part of achieving that is sacrificing your game as I'm sure he's aware. If that really is much of a concern for Dwight (which it isn't, this report might not even be true) then he would just choose to stay in Orlando where he has his own team.

310Casper
01-20-2012, 03:56 PM
310 Where from in Los Angeles?

South Bay. near Hermosa Beach/El Segundo areas

nycsports2
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM
it should be kobes team theres no issue with that kobe knows how 2 win ships d12 should say tell me what to do and ill do it until kobe leaves him the thrown

Raph12
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
This is the difference between Kobe and Dirk, both are grandpas, but Dirk would never say to Dwight "this is MY team"... Dwight in NJ or Dallas is a better situation for him, I'm pretty sure the appeal of the Lakers has lost a lot of value now.

nickdymez
01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Another ******** speculative post. Unless one of you work for the CIA or Kobe and Dwight come out and confirm this, its ********

kblo247
01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
This is the difference between Kobe and Dirk, both are grandpas, but Dirk would never say to Dwight "this is MY team"... Dwight in NJ or Dallas is a better situation for him, I'm pretty sure the appeal of the Lakers has lost a lot of value now.

5 rings, 7 finals

Kobe was honest. He is an alpha. Always has been, always will be.

The fact is Dwight would be going to his city, his team, where he has been the top draw since Jordan, TWC paid billions to dedicate a block to him, and where he has won more than any other player in recent history while playing more roles for his team. The resume says it.

Dwight knows it and you know why? Because Kobe walked into Team ISA by the admission of Coach K and demanded they all got in line. In the game for it all, with the best talent the league has to offer Kobe was screaming according to reporters give me the ****ing ball, I got this. That is why Kobe is where he is and won what he has won, that mentality and he ain't bull shutting about it to no one

12to85
01-20-2012, 05:11 PM

The lakers can still be Kobe's team with him being the 1/2 option. Leadership and experience along with his skill set makes it his team. D12 could be the number 1 option but it is still 24's team until he isn't good enough to start.

LAKERS 24/7
01-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Another ******** speculative post. Unless one of you work for the CIA or Kobe and Dwight come out and confirm this, its ********

exactly. how would anyone know what dwight and kobe talked about on the phone but them. i don't buy it

shep33
01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Don't know if its true, but I like it even more if so. Kobe is not the Lakers, he's the city of LA. I mean I'm sorry, even if Howard comes here, Kobe's the man in LA.

If D12 can't accept that or feels jealous by it let him walk. It's better that Kobe mentions it now, tells him like a man what's going on than try to coddle him and BS him into the situation he's coming to.

Sactown
01-20-2012, 05:32 PM
exactly. how would anyone know what dwight and kobe talked about on the phone but them. i don't buy it

If Dwight told other people what happened and it eventually leaked out.. :shrug:

Bruno
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
pure speculation.

bs disclosed source.

kblo247
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Personally I want a guy to not bull **** me if I'm uprooting myself across the country. Tell me how it is and not what you think I want to hear. If I can't handle it or get upset about you being 100 that is on me. By I always prefer someone being 100 over finding out I was lied to and bull shitted

The Final Boss
01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
South Bay. near Hermosa Beach/El Segundo areas

I stay in Inglewood. I'm in your area a lot, though. I catch games at Sharkeez by Pancho's and El Tarasco (Manhattan). I think it's off Rosecrans?

Cal827
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Lol, rules prohibiting Collusion... I don't really mind if friends want to play together as long as they honor their contracts with their former teams... but can someone explain to me what Happened in Miami or in New York? :D

sp1derm00
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't mind Kobe saying that to me if I were Dwight.

For Kobe to say that to me, it means that he's ready to take a backseat to someone, and there are two things wrong with that. Kobe has never wanted to take a back seat to anyone in the NBA, not even Shaq. It's ****ing Kobe Bryant, the day he stops being the main man is the day he retires.

Nick O
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
well it is lol

BigBongTheory
01-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Kobe is going to single handedly bring the laker franchise down with him. As long as he remains the #1 option, he doesnt care :facepalm:

Seriously, what's new here? We made 3 straight finals and won two of them as bryant being the "number one" option, he brought this franchise "up" with him, 5 rings isn't enough...why would dwight think he's the number one guy when kobe's on the team anyway? If pippen ever thought he was going to be the first guy to be looked at for the big shot he was delusional.

BigBongTheory
01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
this is a wasted thread anyway, no link, and come on, how does anyone know what dwight and kobe talked about? we buggin kobe's cell now?

The Final Boss
01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
this is a wasted thread anyway, no link, and come on, how does anyone know what dwight and kobe talked about? we buggin kobe's cell now?

Maybe you're unaware of the inner-workings of the NBA Forum.

Rndy
01-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I think Howard wants everyone to just kiss his ***. That is Kobes team if Howard is too afraid to go to teams where he's not the man his loss. I believe it's the same reason he doesn't want to go to Chicago. Rose won't kiss his *** and he will never be the main guy in Chicago Rose is home town kid.

Howard has so much talent it's a shame he seems to be an idiot. I'll never forget him giving Big Baby CPR while losing to the Bulls in the 4th quarter. Do you think guys like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Rose would pull that ****?

MTL_123
01-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I think Howard wants everyone to just kiss his ***. That is Kobes team if Howard is too afraid to go to teams where he's not the man his loss. I believe it's the same reason he doesn't want to go to Chicago. Rose won't kiss his *** and he will never be the main guy in Chicago Rose is home town kid.

Howard has so much talent it's a shame he seems to be an idiot. I'll never forget him giving Big Baby CPR while losing to the Bulls in the 4th quarter. Do you think guys like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Rose would pull that ****?

the moment i read that first thing that came to mind was wat if Wade went to Chicago two home town kids:D

kozelkid
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM

I love how you act like you're Dwight's spokesman or agent when in reality you are as clueless on what's actually going on as any of us.

smith&wesson
01-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Howard is not dumb. im sure he knows the age difference between he and kobe. that will be his team in 2 years. if he does go to the lakers.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Kobe: 5 titles, 7 finals appearances. 1 Of them against Dwight.....shut up Dwight, listen to the man whose team beat ur team in 2009!

Raph12
01-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I love how you act like you're Dwight's spokesman or agent when in reality you are as clueless on what's actually going on as any of us.

Actually you have no idea what you're talking about or who I really am, so just keep your opinions to yourself.

5 rings, 7 finals

Kobe was honest. He is an alpha. Always has been, always will be.

The fact is Dwight would be going to his city, his team, where he has been the top draw since Jordan, TWC paid billions to dedicate a block to him, and where he has won more than any other player in recent history while playing more roles for his team. The resume says it.

Dwight knows it and you know why? Because Kobe walked into Team ISA by the admission of Coach K and demanded they all got in line. In the game for it all, with the best talent the league has to offer Kobe was screaming according to reporters give me the ****ing ball, I got this. That is why Kobe is where he is and won what he has won, that mentality and he ain't bull shutting about it to no one

I know Kobe's being honest and I'm sure Dwight respects that, but Kobe needs to understand that he's getting older. He cannot win with his 40+% usage rate, with the minutes he plays and his current age/health. He needs to understand that deferring to another player may result in more championships. He should know that considering he deferred to Shaq for his first three rings and they made the most dominant 1-2 combo in the league (arguably in league history).

I know Kobe wants to be top dog, he'd still be the #1 option, he'd just need to go do less if Dwight went there. But telling a player that he's not willing to share the spotlight and say "it's my team" wouldn't help any other top player want to come there.

In the end, in Dallas Dwight would be top dog and the same with Brooklyn, the Lakers were his third option to begin with so we'll see what happens.

kozelkid
01-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Actually you have no idea what you're talking about or who I really am, so just keep your opinions to yourself.

:laugh2: Whatever you say, Dan Fergan.

Since you know Dwight so well, what's he been up to besides basketball. You know, his hobbies and who he hangs out.

Rndy
01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
The more I learn about Howard the more I dislike the guy. Way too talented to be such a *****.

AIRMAR72
01-20-2012, 09:48 PM
kobe sucks its Bynum and Gasol TEAM kobe days are over he cant guard anybody pure chucker at best with below average FG% HOWARD cannot help the lakers he has no game compare to bynum and other centers in the league howard is just modernday antonio davis with bigger muscle and jump higher thats IT

310Casper
01-20-2012, 09:57 PM

There is a link, you dolt.

Put on your glasses.

kblo247
01-20-2012, 10:02 PM
I know Kobe's being honest and I'm sure Dwight respects that, but Kobe needs to understand that he's getting older. He cannot win with his 40+% usage rate, with the minutes he plays and his current age/health. He needs to understand that deferring to another player may result in more championships. He should know that considering he deferred to Shaq for his first three rings and they made the most dominant 1-2 combo in the league (arguably in league history).

I know Kobe wants to be top dog, he'd still be the #1 option, he'd just need to go do less if Dwight went there. But telling a player that he's not willing to share the spotlight and say "it's my team" wouldn't help any other top player want to come there.

In the end, in Dallas Dwight would be top dog and the same with Brooklyn, the Lakers were his third option to begin with so we'll see what happens.

I get that but my point to you was the same point I made to you in the MVP thread. His coach admitted to the press that he told Kobe, score, shoot and let us lean on you in a stretch as an experiment to see how that worked offensively.

Kobe is no fool. The fact is he has been the best guard/wing in NBA history when it comes to working with big men. A stud like Shaq saw his efficency shoot up when Kobe was phased in and Van Exel/Eddie out. Mihm saw his numbers jump and increase month by month until he blew out his ankle. Cook got paid off Kobe. Odom had the best years of his career at PF with Kobe. Kwame had very good efficency despite his stone hands with Kobe, and he got an extra 9 mil off a 15 game stretch with a pnr. Pau saw his efficency jump to high hell without even a training camp, his shot attempts not really changing, and admittedly went in the weight room and became a better rebounder at his behest.

People act like Kobe doesn't get how to facilitate. He does. He was the facilitator on every team he has ever been on, and he still to this has won more titles making plays his guys than the likes of Nash, Paul, Kidd, LeBron or Deron.

Kobe gets how to win. He said it in that article. At the end of the day he ****ing wins and is the standard bearer in the league since MJ when it comes to winning.

Dwight would be coming to his team. Dwight would be coming to the Stpales Center where every title that has been won there has Kobe's name on it. Dwight would be coming to a team who signed a billion dollar agreement with TWC just to broadcast a Kobe block. Kobe is still a better first option and he would be the first option.

Dwight though will take the reigns. Kobe made a comment about Bynum having an engine to want to be great and hoping he gets there. He made a comment last year talking about how he wished Pau was a Black Swan and would just look for his and take over while he wasn't fully healthy. The fact is Kobe has said he would have loved to play with Melo because of how he approaches the game and competes.

At the end of the day, he would love Dwight. The only way he wouldn't would be if Dwight became hollywood and fat to follow in Shaq's shoes. He has said the light at the end of the tunnel is closer for him, not there, but he can see it being brighter, so he gets the need for a franchise guy to hand the reigns to.

Do you really think Kobe, who said I got 1 more than Shaq, wouldn't love in his soul to win a title or two and Finals MVP with Dwight as option A, and then graciously hand him the reigns just to say **** you Shaq this is how it should have been done and win 1 or 2 more?

Lakeshow24KB
01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
kobe sucks its Bynum and Gasol TEAM kobe days are over he cant guard anybody pure chucker at best with below average FG% HOWARD cannot help the lakers he has no game compare to bynum and other centers in the league howard is just modernday antonio davis with bigger muscle and jump higher thats IT

You're a ****ing dumbass

TheRazorboy
01-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Dwight should be on the phone with Kobe right now.

Dwight: "Your team, huh?"

Kobe: "That's right."

Dwight: "Congratulations, I guess."

310Casper
01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
dwight should be on the phone with kobe right now.

Dwight: "your team, huh?"

kobe: "that's right."

dwight: "congratulations, i guess."

lmao

The Final Boss
01-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Dwight should be on the phone with Kobe right now.

Dwight: "Your team, huh?"

Kobe: "That's right."

Dwight: "Congratulations, I guess."

Don't ever say PSD didn't try to save you, razorboy. Meet us halfway.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SNNT_enUS416US439&aq=0&oq=suicide+&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=suicide+hotline

RaiderLakersA's
01-21-2012, 12:17 AM
If true, I have zero problems with what Kobe said. He did the right thing. It's his team. This should surprise no one.

LeBron and Wade team up and the reason why they don't have a ring right now is because they couldn't establish whose team it was. Not taking anything from Dallas, because they played lights out and deserved the championship, but Dallas also had a clearly defined pecking order, especially when it comes down to the game being on the line. Miami lacked that. In some respects, they still haven't figured out who is the Chief of the tribe.

You won't have that problem with Kobe. He's already established that he's not passing off a torch to anyone. If they want it, they'll have to take it. That's the culture of competition that Kobe respects. I mean it's not like anyone handed the trophy to Kobe. He had to battle for it. Through Shaq, through some of his peers, through public perception, and ultimately through the shrugs of the GOAT, who finally conceded that at the very least Kobe gets to be in the discussion. It might be a short discussion, but it's a conversation piece nonetheless.

If Howard wants to be the man, he'll step up to the challenge. Plain and simple. Frankly, I think Howard could benefit from exuding a little more "alpha male" edginess and decisiveness.

That said, let's just hope we all get a chance to see Kobe and Howard in purple and gold one day soon. The league needs it. Kobe, Howard and Deron vs. Wade, LeBron and Bosh is where we're headed. We all know it. Let's just get there, then we'll see what's what.

JordansBulls
01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120120,0,4309360.story#.TxlqHexW2gg.twitter

The trade deadline isn't until March 15, but for now there's no momentum on a deal between the Lakers and Magic.

However, one person in the Lakers' organization has been talking to Howard.

Kobe Bryant has had at least one in-depth phone conversation with Howard recently, even discussing how Howard might fit in with the Lakers' scheme.

One person with knowledge of the conversation said Howard came away feeling as if he wouldn't be the Lakers' top option, for obvious reasons. It's Bryant's team.

Federal Reserve
01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Good! Now I don't have to hear Laker fans say how they are entitled to have every player in the NBA.

Nick O
01-21-2012, 05:44 PM
this only hurts Dwight not Kobe.. im pretty sure Kobe enjoys that he gets all the looks plus what does he have left to prove or win? .. Dwight as good as he is it doesnt look like hes gonna be winning a title as the #1 option.. in orlando anyway. kinda selfish really kinda shows sometimes are little titles mean to some players. im not a fan of super teams but at least lebron and Bosh were willing to share the spotlight

dtmagnet
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Dwight isn't good enough offensively to be a #1 option anyways, what does he care?

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Good! Now I don't have to hear Laker fans say how they are entitled to have every player in the NBA.

Coming from a Knicks fan this is almost sig-worthy!

bovice163
01-21-2012, 05:48 PM
What contender is Dwight going to go to and become the #1 option? Unless he's planning on going to a lottery or rebuilding team, it's not happening. If he goes to OKC, it's still Durant's team. LA it's Kobe's, Dallas it's probably still Dirk's, Chicago it's Rose's. The Nets make the most sense, but if he wants to be the #1 above all else, just stay in Orlando.

kozelkid
01-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Why would someone have knowledge of Howard's and Kobe's phone conservation. Does Broussard now have connections with wire tappers?

I'm calling BS. Not the idea that this isn't sound logic, but the idea that someone actually had a legit source.

jeter 2
01-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Amare and Jerome Jordan for Howard!!!!!

DaLakerz Rulz
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
The fact that it states "one person with knowledge of the conversation said Howard came away feeling" tells you all you need to know about the reliability of this...probably just speculation and most likely BS. Whether this is true or not, after last night's game I am not sure why Howard would want to go to the Lakers anyway.

nickdymez
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Why would someone have knowledge of Howard's and Kobe's phone conservation. Does Broussard now have connections with wire tappers?

I'm calling BS. Not the idea that this isn't sound logic, but the idea that someone actually had a legit source.

exact same thing i said. "knowledge of the conversation".. ********

justinnum1
01-21-2012, 05:51 PM
he's going to sign in jersey during FA

Raph12
01-21-2012, 05:51 PM
this only hurts Dwight not Kobe.. im pretty sure Kobe enjoys that he gets all the looks plus what does he have left to prove or win? .. Dwight as good as he is it doesnt look like hes gonna be winning a title as the #1 option.. in orlando anyway. kinda selfish really kinda shows sometimes are little titles mean to some players. im not a fan of super teams but at least lebron and Bosh were willing to share the spotlight

I like it, the alpha-male attitude, too many guys are willing to ride someone's coattails to the top.

Tony_Starks
01-21-2012, 06:03 PM
The fact that it states "one person with knowledge of the conversation said Howard came away feeling" tells you all you need to know about the reliability of this...probably just speculation and most likely BS. Whether this is true or not, after last night's game I am not sure why Howard would want to go to the Lakers anyway.

Foreal. So we're expected to believe the person has knowledge of the conversation and also insight on Dwights feelings. Im guessing a federal agent/psychiatrist?

LakersKB24
01-21-2012, 06:49 PM
What does Dwight expect? Kobe is the most competetive player in the leage, maybe ever, no way he lets anyone join the team and be the #1 option right away. He will become the #1 option eventually but he has to earn it first. I don't even think he's good enough offensively to be the main scorer, he needs to improve and add more post moves to his game. If he's not up for that challenge he can stay in Orlando.

BULLSFAN0810
01-21-2012, 11:17 PM
as much as we hate it....anyone who thinks KObe isnt top dawg needs to go find a time machine go back a few years,go back in the past and one themselves so they cant face the present truth...Kobe is the best since MJ,its his world until the Lakers trade him or he retires. I know its janky for Kobe to say it,but hell,im glad he said it..how in the uck Howard, a baby by Kobes standards and merits gonna come and take over HIS TEAM? A team he carried? If Howard has an issue with what Kobe said,then he should go to Brooklyn and play with Williams.Hell..Kobe go 3-4 years left if hes lucky and Howard is passing up ships to be the man...when all he has to do is wait,the keys to the kingdom will be his whether Kobes wants to give them or not....Howard is coming off like a HOMOif this is true...you cant move in with a roomate and be like this is my house..i run this...Howard and these new young NBAers seem very fraile and itch-like.They rather be the man over winning...let him go to Brooklyn or die a slow death in Orlando

C-Style
01-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Can u imagine Kobe the guy who could be the GLOAT, The guy who brought the Lakers 5 championships telling Dwight: Please come to the Lakers, this will be your team if you do, Ill be your second fiddle of you come. l'll take the back seat just for you, pleaaasee!

SportsAndrew25
01-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Considering what Kobe has done for the Lakers, this is his team.