PDA

View Full Version : Remove chandler and add billups + another center

BallIsAll
01-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Lets say the Knicks kept billups and signed another center like chuck hayes or Sammy D. Where would they be right now? Would they win more or lose more?

Federal Reserve
01-20-2012, 03:11 AM
66-0.

theheatles
01-20-2012, 03:12 AM
i thought amnestying billups was dumb, unless they got cp3...i had some fear for last yrs knicks team but none for the current knicks

Evolution23
01-20-2012, 03:30 AM
the heatles has spoken

itsripcity32
01-20-2012, 03:33 AM
They'd be a better team than they are now. Bad move by the Knicks. =(

Knicks21
01-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Before we even had the though of signing chandler, i still think I would choose as anybody would Davis and Chandler>Billups and Dalembert. Especially when scoring isn't your first option. That said, we still suck.

meloman1592
01-20-2012, 03:47 AM
A healthy Davis + Chandler > Billups + Dalembert...that being said, Davis is never healthy

rockbottom2010
01-20-2012, 04:08 AM
this is bad judgement by the knicks.....they overpaid chandler....they could have got a cheap centre and wait for paul to join the knicks.....

Bulls_fan90
01-20-2012, 05:54 AM
66-0.

They'd need Mark Sanchez for that to happen.

abe_froman
01-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Before we even had the though of signing chandler, i still think I would choose as anybody would Davis and Chandler>Billups and Dalembert. Especially when scoring isn't your first option. That said, we still suck.

i wouldnt.that you guys are looking for davis to come save the day,has to be depressing as a fan.not saying that they should have gotten sammy though,k.thomas maybe.

even though the post would have been wide open amare at the 5(like he was last year alot of times) and just try shoot anyone out.chandler while good isnt someone that transform you guys into a defensive juggernaut and not worth the headache that running that type of offense without a pg is

seikou8
01-20-2012, 06:19 AM
bash the knicks while there down will yall, come on man knicks thread after knicks thread the season is not over yet guys.

3ballbomber
01-20-2012, 07:11 AM
U cant help a team achieve big things when the coach is offensive minded.

Gram
01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Chauncey would be helping that team a hell of a lot more than Davis will. I love Baron Davis but Chauncey's a quarterback on the court.

Ill21
01-20-2012, 09:08 AM
U cant help a team achieve big things when the coach is offensive minded.

This. If we had a good coach that knew how to run a legit offense, we would be a top 4 team in the east.

P Styles
01-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Everyone needs to bear in mind before answering that we were over the Cap with Billups. So keep that in mind when you add your fantasy center to the roster in this dream scenario.

justinnum1
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
theyd be better

LongIslandIcedZ
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM
I didnt like amnestying Billups because he was in the final year of his contract. Having said that, Chandler has been excellent for the Knicks and I'm very glad they got him. If they can just figure out to run an offense using all 5 players they will be one of the better teams in the league. I just dont know if they'll be able to do that with Antoni at the helm.

JOSKOMANG4
01-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Knicks acquire PF D.Lee & PG S.Curry from Warriors in exchanged for PF A.Stoudamire & SG L.Fields

nycericanguy
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
This is a very short sighted thread. First, NY wasn't that good with CB to begin with and all everyone could talk about was how they'd never win without a center.

Second, Billups was never a long term option nor the greatest fit, he's a scoring PG who's become more and more of a chucker the older he gets.

3rd, NY knew they'd have to ride it out with whatever they could at PG this year, this summer there will be a ton of FA PG's out on the market that could be had for the MLE. Nash, Felton, Miller, Brooks, hell even Billups again.

Baron Davis will be back next week, and the injury concerns are overblown, he's averaged over 65 games per season the past 8 years.

Also assuming Dalembert would have signed for the MLE is a BIG assumption, he was looking for over $10m per at the time and ended up getting $7m per.

Knicks could very well end up with Nash or Felton & Tyson Chandler this summer, which would be much better than having kept a soon to be 36 year old Billups and hoping to sign a decent center somewhere.

I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of Tyson, but watching him play everyday, he's a really good player. He's surprised me, rebounds, defends, no boneheaded plays, and he knows his role, doesn't want the ball to be happy or take bad shots, which is why he's shooting 70%. He's also vocal and plays hard all the time. I"m ok with the move now, he's def one of the better centers in the NBA.

97NYer
01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
felton
fields
gallo
w chandler
amar'e

offense flowed so much better than current lineup

justinnum1
01-20-2012, 11:25 AM
felton
fields
gallo
w chandler
amar'e

that wasnt a bad team, i thought that team could make the 2nd round last year

Rocketsfan85
01-20-2012, 11:33 AM
They just need a new coach flat out. Dantoni isn't gonna win a championship wit his no defense system. Chandler is a defender that's what he does he's not an offensive minded player like Dantoni uses in his systems. U give them a better coach and a better pg and they will be better

nycericanguy
01-20-2012, 11:34 AM
felton
fields
gallo
w chandler
amar'e

in fairness, keep in mind that team came out struggling early and was very stagnant as well. They started 3-8.