PDA

View Full Version : NBA 411 Official Power Rankings Top 6

BallIsAll
01-19-2012, 05:55 PM
http://nba-411.com/content.php?188-NBA-411-Power-Rankings-Top-6-(Week-Of-January-16)

NBA 411's Official Power Rankings

1. Chicago Bulls 13-3
The only team undefeated at home other than the Chicago Bulls are the Indiana Pacers. The Chicago Bulls and the reigning MVP Derrick Rose are on their way to have the best record in the NBA (So far). They are coming off a night in which they routed the Phoenix Suns by 21 points. They are the best opposing field goal percentage team in the league with 85.75 points per game.

2. Oklahoma City Thunder 12-3
The Oklahoma City Thunder feature one of the leagues most dynamic scorers, Kevin Durant. Although they are in the middle of the pack (17th) in opposing field goal percentage defense, they do a great job at the free throw line shooting it at a respectable 81%. They have also extended their all star point guard Russel Westbrook's contract. Westbrook Signs A Multi-Year Contract With The Thunder

3. Atlanta Hawks 11-4
The Hawks lost their starting center Al Horford to a shoulder injury and are now playing their best basketball of the season. Could this be for real or is this just a fluke. They are winners of 7 of their last 8 games losing to only a hot Indiana Pacers team. They are shooting the three ball at 39% for the season and are among the leagues top 5.

4. Miami Heat 9-4
The Miami Heat have just went through what could be the worst couple of games of the year to them. They lost to the Golden State Warriors, LA Clippers and Denver Nuggets all in a row. They ended the losing streak in a blowout win of the red hot San Antonio Spurs which has all the signs the Miami Heat are back on track to battling for the #1 spot in the conference. The heat are leading the NBA in points per game with 107.

5. Denver Nuggets 10-5
The Denver Nuggets are the opposite of #4 in our Power Rankings the Miami Heat. They don't rely on one player to score 20+ to win the game but have multiple players who can give them 25 on any given night. Although they ended their homestand at 2-2 with a loss to the Utah Jazz, they went in to the undefeated at home Philadelphia 76er's home and stole a win which seemed improbable. They are second in the NBA in scoring at 104 points per game.

6. Philadelphia 76er's 10-4
The 76er's are looking like an extremely promising team. With the rise of their point guard Jrue Holiday and the veteran leadership of Andre Iguodala and Elton Brand they find themselves 3rd in the eastern conference. The only alarming fact about their record is that they have yet to defeat a contender. They are thired behind the Denver Nuggets and the Miami Heat in points per game with 101.

I am studying in college to become an analyst/reporter so I created my own site, I am not trying to spam my site you dont have to visit it just putting the source of the quote I only made a top 6. Post dislikes and likes maybe some tips and help :)

Cal827
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Denver is way too high.. if you are going to be a reporter/analyst, you have to learn to not use Bias. Not everybody can be Skip Bayless. Denver should be well below because everything Denver is Crap, especially Tebow and Afalolo :mad:

Just trolling Denver fans :D, you guys are alright.

It's a pretty good list, I'd probably round off the top 10 with Indiana, Memphis (They are in sync again), Spurs and Magic. I might swap Philly and Atlanta though... I just think Atlanta is too inconsistent despite the record. That's just me though. I never believe in Atlanta teams. I'm the reason that they blew the Wildcard lead in the MLB.

BallIsAll
01-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the tips lol I tried as hard as I could not to be bias but the nuggets are playing extremely well this season and yeah once I get more experience I'll expand to a top 10 and so on.. Atlanta is very inconsistent but I'm basing it off of what they are doing now although it probably won't last lol