PDA

View Full Version : What was Lamar Odom's rotation like in LA?

Dizzlespizzle
01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
As a Mavs fan it's irritating to see him game after game not able to log even over 30 minutes. I feel like he's being underutilized, but analysts seem to think that ~25 mins a game is all that the Mavs can fit with him since we have Dirk and Marion. I think that's a load of crap. Lamar played with Gasol and Ron Artest in LA and still managed starters' minutes each season.

Right now the Mavs have been bringing him in around the 6 minute mark of the 1st, and we take him out around the 7 minute mark of the 2nd qtr. He gets the same rotation in the second half. There's got to be a better way for him to get minutes. How did his rotation work in LA?

Chronz
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
As a Mavs fan it's irritating to see him game after game not able to log even over 30 minutes. I feel like he's being underutilized, but analysts seem to think that ~25 mins a game is all that the Mavs can fit with him since we have Dirk and Marion. I think that's a load of crap. Lamar played with Gasol and Ron Artest in LA and still managed starters' minutes each season.

Right now the Mavs have been bringing him in around the 6 minute mark of the 1st, and we take him out around the 7 minute mark of the 2nd qtr. He gets the same rotation in the second half. There's got to be a better way for him to get minutes. How did his rotation work in LA?

Dirk doesnt like playing center?

michael811
01-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Odom played power forward. Odom was on the bench when Both Bynum and Gasol were playing and then played power forward while either Bynum or Gasol were sitting. So basically each of the three players played 2/3 of the game barring injury or foul trouble.

lakerboy
01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I think it is pretty much the same with you guys, except Lamar finishes the game instead of Andrew.

LAKobeBryant
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I think Lamar wants a bigger role or more minutes. The mavs have a excellent scoring bench with terry and carter coming off bench. When he was in LA he was the ONLY bench player could score and ultimately got more min than Bynum

Dizzlespizzle
01-20-2012, 03:49 AM
The reason I'm asking this is because right now, he comes in off the bench and plays for around 10 minutes straight then has to sit down. Of course if you play someone for 10 minutes straight they will need a breather. The problem with this is that there is no other opportunity for him to get back in the game after this.

If he started it would be much easier since we could play him twice in a half and give him a breather in between his runs, but since he comes off the bench his breather leads into the second half.

How did he manage to get 30+ minutes in LA coming off the bench? Did he really come in near the end of the 1st and then literally play the entire 2nd quarter? Because that's the only way I can see him averaging 30+ minutes a game.

shep33
01-20-2012, 03:55 AM
last year he had like 30 mpg for us.

Lim
01-20-2012, 04:10 AM
i thought ric carlise said that he cant play him big minutes if hes not producing, which he hasnt been.

shep33
01-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Lamar's head isn't there and I kinda don't blame him. The LA trade wasn't nor shouldn't have been a big deal, heck he should be thanking the Lakers for trading him to a contender.

But the bigger problem now is this. He knows he's a one year rental. They are gonna buy him out to create cap room, so I think he's upset over that now too.

The Final Boss
01-20-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm not surprised that members of the NBA Forum are ignorant to the ramifications of age. Couple this with the fact that Odom is a mental midget who never had the capacity to perform up to his potential. Odom is and always will be; a glorified role player who partakes in the joys candy has to offer.

Lest we forget, as well, his wife looks like Jay Leno with a wig.

http://www.celebuzz.com/celebrities/khloe-kardashian/

http://reviewsyoucaniews.blogspot.com/2010/10/jay-leno-american-pimp.html

3ballbomber
01-20-2012, 07:08 AM
I'll make the obvious assumption that Odom needs to perform & do it consistently for him to be able to log more minutes. Different team now, different system & rotations. He has to be efficient in order for them to trust him w/ more playing time.
This process may take a while. Remember how inconsistent he was when he was first starting out as a Laker.