PDA

View Full Version : Isnt it odd for teams waiting to see if Boston blows it up?

Chronz
01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Assuming what Im saying is true, and there is actually quite abit of interest in members of Bostons Big-4, isnt it odd for a team doing so poor to have so many coveted players?

That doesnt happen very often, I think Boston has one last surge in them but I dont think its worth keeping them together for it. I think alot of teams could use each of their best players, its just odd to see them unable to win together.

Which of Bostons Big 4 would you want? What would you give up for him/them

kjoke
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Allen

BALLER R
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
rondo aside...I would say who would you want between allen, pierce and garnett. I think i would take ray allen

Avenged
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
For the Lakers, Rondo or Pierce would be GREAT additions.

We lack a PG who can create and run the offense.

Pierce since we also lack a scorer aside from Kobe in the perimeter who can create for himself.

Actually, any of their top 4 players would be a major contribution to the Lakers.. :sigh:

kjoke
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
I think the lakers are Ray Allen away to set up a finals of HEAT Laks.

I really like Allen's game

Iodine
01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
It is odd that a team goes from that well built to struggling, only can put so much value into their injuries and lack of offseason when theres that much track record and this horrible results.

that being said Ray Ray to the spurs plz

smith&wesson
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
call me crazy but i think garnet is a good fit in miami

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Raptors offer Jose Calderon, Leandro Barbosa and Ed Davis for Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo.

Baller1
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Ray Allen. Because he's awesome, and a 1000x better version of DC.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Raptors offer Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza and Ed Davis for Rajon Rondo and Brandon Bass.

Chronz
01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
call me crazy but i think garnet is a good fit in miami

They have 2 stud PF's.

Chronz
01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Raptors offer Jose Calderon, Leandro Barbosa and Ed Davis for Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo.

why do you want Ray? I mean aside from WHY NOT.

DamnGoat
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
I'd like Ray Allen on the Bulls.

Sadds The Gr8
01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I doubt they trade Rondo unless they get alot back...I think he'll be the one they keep. He's the only guy I'd want from that team.

bovice163
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Obviously I'd take Ray Allen or PP. I actually really like Marquis Daniels. Solid roleplayer and I wouldn't mind him on the Bulls.

JordansBulls
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
For the Lakers, Rondo or Pierce would be GREAT additions.

We lack a PG who can create and run the offense.

Pierce since we also lack a scorer aside from Kobe in the perimeter who can create for himself.

Actually, any of their top 4 players would be a major contribution to the Lakers.. :sigh:

Garnett for Gasol swap.

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I doubt they trade Rondo unless they get alot back...I think he'll be the one they keep. He's the only guy I'd want from that team.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7t43ujo

Suns get:
Rondo
O'neal
J. Johnson
Boston 2011 1st round pick

Boston gets:
Nash
Gortat
M. Morris
Suns 2011 1st round pick

Why the Suns do this:
This allows the suns to trade away Nash to a contender giving him one last shot at a ring all the while getting a PG of the future in Rondo. Rondo, an excellent pass first PG will be able to set up many of the sharp shooters the Suns have. They also will swap 1st round picks with C's along with getting a solid PF prospect in JaJuan Johnson.

Why the Celtics do this:
This is a no brainer for the C's. The Celtics window is closing fast and the biggest gripe about this team has always been the shooting at the PG position. Nash is a perfect fit with the aging big 3. Nash will offer excellent floor spacing along with respect from defenses with his shot. Gortat will provide a much need presence as a rebounder and shot blocker down low, he will start in place of the recently departed Jermaine O'neal. M. Morris is a solid prospect who can hit the 3 off the bench. If the C's manage to fail at their ultimate goal they will have 3 large contracts being removed from their books which will allow them to have the cap space to rebuild the team however they please.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
wouldn't make a ton of sense for my Wolves to make a move for anyone outside Pierce, but his slow start so far this season means he may be entering complete regression. Allen and KG make sense only to those who are just missing that last piece, because you have to give a lot to get a 50 game rental on both. If Ray Allen had another year on his deal, I would go at him hard if I were running the Wolves front office.

pd1dish
it would be Ray Allen. KG is too old and a non-factor and Pierce is old, fat, and slow. Ray Allen seems rejuvenated and is shooting the ball well. and age will never take away the prettiest jumpshot ever.

GrapeSoda
Ray Allen
Rondo
Garnett
Pierce

is how I see teams wanting players in that order, factoring in age/contracts etc

Joshtd1
01-19-2012, 03:34 PM
KG because we are short on big man depth and it would mean less Bonner. Even though I'm not a fan of KG

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 03:35 PM
it would be Ray Allen. KG is too old and a non-factor and Pierce is old, fat, and slow. Ray Allen seems rejuvenated and is shooting the ball well. and age will never take away the prettiest jumpshot ever.

someone likes 12 game samples.

What have you done for me lately?

Hawkeye15
01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
KG because we are short on big man depth and it would mean less Bonner. Even though I'm not a fan of KG

If KG went to San Antonio, the transition from him being my favorite player to least favorite player would be complete.

Joshtd1
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM
If KG went to San Antonio, the transition from him being my favorite player to least favorite player would be complete.

I hope Love and or Rubio come here one day then. :)

KG coming here isn't realistic, and I really don't like him. He would just make the biggest impact. It's ****ing sad when Bonner gets as many minutes as he does.

BigCityofDreams
01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Allen

Kashmir13579
01-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I think they have a surge left in them as well. To answer your question, Chronz, (not that you don't already know the answer) as much as the four of them together won't be able to win a title, each one of the big four can fill voids that many contending or fringe teams need filled.

Personally i'd give up 'Melo OR Amar'e for a package surrounding Rajon Rondo.

Giraffes Rule
01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
It is odd that a team goes from that well built to struggling, only can put so much value into their injuries and lack of offseason when theres that much track record and this horrible results.

that being said Ray Ray to the spurs plz

Meh, Spurs have more than enough shooters right now. For the right price I think KG makes the most sense. I don't think the pieces are there, but he would bring more defense and rebounding. Him being a big expiring contract would make that deal nearly impossible though. Outside of the big 3 and RJ they have no big contracts, which really makes it impossible to add any impact players.

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
I think they have a surge left in them as well. To answer your question, Chronz, (not that you don't already know the answer) as much as the four of them together won't be able to win a title, each one of the big four can fill voids that many contending or fringe teams need filled.

Personally i'd give up 'Melo OR Amar'e for a package surrounding Rajon Rondo.

I wish you were the GM of the Knicks.

Kashmir13579
01-19-2012, 03:52 PM
I wish you were the GM of the Knicks.

I wish you were the GM of the Celtics.

Giraffes Rule
01-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Ok looked at it, KG to the Spurs is downright impossible without including Parker, Duncan, or Ginobili and I don't see any of those guys being traded for KG. Paul Pierce could be a workable trade, if the Celtics take back Richard Jefferson. So.... not gonna happen.

magichatnumber9
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
No one gets anyone from Boston without giving up a 1st round pick. 2013 or 2014.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I would love Ray on the Lakers because their 3 point shooting is down right atrocious. But we have nothing to offer and the Celtics would never help the Lakers

JordansBulls
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qn2y6k

Bulls Trade: Boozer, Brewer, Korver and Watson
Bulls Receive: Garnett, Ray Allen

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
why do you want Ray? I mean aside from WHY NOT.

He's one of my favourite players.

:shrug:

Raph12
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd take Rondo, seeming as how Nelson has sucked so bad, but it's not very realistic.

Cal827
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM

:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoqs08uVT8

Giraffes Rule
01-19-2012, 06:52 PM

So the Celtics are going to take on an extra 55 million dollars in veterans that do nothing to make them better... why?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
So the Celtics are going to take on an extra 55 million dollars in veterans that do nothing to make them better... why?

Because he wants the Bulls to rape.

D12 fan
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
KG,Allen for Jrich,Anderson,Redick,Clark,1rd

Magic
pg:Nelson,Duhon
sg:Allen,Wafer
sf:Turk,Qrich
pf:KG,Baby
c:Dwight,Orton

Corey
01-19-2012, 07:18 PM

:clap:

..naht

uprightciti
01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
garnett and allen are in contract years

pierce has been there since day one

rondo is on his way out

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7s33msp
this could work

Kia Kaha
01-19-2012, 07:51 PM
garnett and allen are in contract years

pierce has been there since day one

rondo is on his way out

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7s33msp
this could work

That is terrible for the wolves, i wouldnt trade rubio for rondo straight up and yet williams is in the trade as well.? no way on that one, kahn has too much of a boner for rubio..