PDA

View Full Version : "Makes sense don't it"

sgaston
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Why is no one talking about Dwight Howard to Knicks for Chandler and Amare?
It makes way to much sense for both teams. The Knicks should then do what they can to aquire The Jimmer from Sac Town. He would flourish in Mike D's system.

Forrealz
01-19-2012, 12:00 PM
It makes way to much sense for both teams. The Knicks should then do what they can to aquire The Jimmer from Sac Town. He would flourish in Mike D's system.

they should get evans and cousins too

sgaston
01-19-2012, 12:07 PM
@Forrealz-That's not reallistic. But DH is though. It would work for both teams.

airforceones25
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
double post

airforceones25
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
No defense with an overhyped team. i just feel bad they conned fans into paying higher ticket prices for the same old product..

They need to a drastic change.. They need a Dwight Howard change. If i'm them i'd offer both Amare and Chandler... Then make a play for D-Will in the offseason

You are very late to the party as you can see.. Take the time to read the other threads instead of wasting bandwidth when we have multiple threads on the same subject.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
actually it doesnt make any sense:laugh2:

amare and chandler both have terrible contracts too.

Kenny Powders
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Your title doesn't.

PhillyFaninLA
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM

When I clicked quote you had 2 posts.

What is your real screen name and why are you afraid to post this from you main account? You do know that you are risking your real account getting banned?

When people create new accounts that are there real accounts and not an alt they all sound similar, so what is your real screen name and why do you feel the need to hide to make this topic?

sgaston
01-19-2012, 12:21 PM
It makes basketball sense. Its the GM's job to make the money work.

sgaston
01-19-2012, 12:27 PM
This is the first forum I have ever done so I did not read the other post at all. This has been on my mind and I just wanted to throw it out there.

He115ing
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
How about, Rondo and Pierce for Anthony?

rapjuicer06
01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Wait...you're telling me a combo of Amare/Anthony/Chandler can't win games together, so trade Amare and Chandler for a better player and the Knicks keep their best player....and it makes sense? How does it make sense? How would Amare and Chandler win in Orlando if they can't win with another all-star in New York?

sgaston
01-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Orlando has to trade DH. Melo and Amare just don't fit. You do what you have to in order to make all the pieces fit for the trade. At the end of the day, the Magic won't suck, and the Knicks will be better because in my opinion they will have the type of PG the need to run Coach D's system in Jimmer and Shumpert can back to his natural position.

elonepb
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM

Because Orlando would be MORONIC to do that trade? Amare is untradeable, period. Uninsured max contract and producing at a very poor rate.

Knicks are stuck with him.

Then there's also that problem that Dwight doesn't want to play for the Knicks.

king4day
01-19-2012, 01:38 PM
The Howard for Amar'e and Chandler would make sense. Add Hedo to make salaries match.

Jimmer to NY is not possible given the lack of talent NY would have to offer.

king4day
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Because Orlando would be MORONIC to do that trade? Amare is untradeable, period. Uninsured max contract and producing at a very poor rate.

Knicks are stuck with him.

Then there's also that problem that Dwight doesn't want to play for the Knicks.

Orlando did say they want to stay competitive and not rebuild. Amar'e and Chandler would be a great start. They'd still have Jrich and Nelson. Davis off the bench.

Maybe Nash and Hill would go to Orlando next offseason and make them a legit contender again.

king4day
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Wait...you're telling me a combo of Amare/Anthony/Chandler can't win games together, so trade Amare and Chandler for a better player and the Knicks keep their best player....and it makes sense? How does it make sense? How would Amare and Chandler win in Orlando if they can't win with another all-star in New York?

Orlando could use Amar'e as the #1 option. With Melo, he is really struggling. we saw how he did pre-Melo. People were talking about him being an MVP candidate.

D12 fan
01-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Melo/Dwight=Best duo in NBA

OptiMized
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Your title doesn't.
lmao "... don't it"

PurpleJesus
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I think its a great idea to make everything basketball related about NYK. everything is about them and their lackluster team.

Becks2307
01-19-2012, 01:52 PM
please close this thread

MAKES ZERO SENSE FOR THE MAGIC TO ACCEPT AMARE AND TYSONS CONTRACTS.

they would be in hell for the next 4 seasons

P Styles
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
I think its a great idea to make everything basketball related about NYK. everything is about them and their lackluster team.

LOL this. It's bad enough that our team sucks. Then everyone links us to every trade/FA known to man. Then all the fans of other teams come in to remind everyone how much our coaching/players/contracts/draft pick scenario/cap space sucks

:(

PurpleJesus
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
LOL this. It's bad enough that our team sucks. Then everyone links us to every trade/FA known to man. Then all the fans of other teams come in to remind everyone how much our coaching/players/contracts/draft pick scenario/cap space sucks

:(

An NYK fan who gets it!!! You are a breath of fresh air.

LongWayFromHome
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
please close this thread

MAKES ZERO SENSE FOR THE MAGIC TO ACCEPT AMARE AND TYSONS CONTRACTS.

they would be in hell for the next 4 seasons

Remember we are talking about Otis here. I don't think he can see contracts.

sgaston
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Remember we are talking about Otis here. I don't think he can see contracts.

Exactly! And why would the magic be in hell. I am a Cavs fan. That's hell. They are going to still be competitive. You are not going to replace DH no matter who you trade for.

elonepb
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Exactly! And why would the magic be in hell. I am a Cavs fan. That's hell. They are going to still be competitive. You are not going to replace DH no matter who you trade for.

Even if Otis was stupid enough to take Amare's contract, the Knicks won't make the trade because Dwight doesn't want to play for the Knicks.

He can leave them in the summer and sign with Deron in Brooklyn or Dallas. Although I suppose this speeds up the moving process for him if he goes to Brooklyn.

Lakeshow24KB
01-19-2012, 05:52 PM
When I clicked quote you had 2 posts.

What is your real screen name and why are you afraid to post this from you main account? You do know that you are risking your real account getting banned?

When people create new accounts that are there real accounts and not an alt they all sound similar, so what is your real screen name and why do you feel the need to hide to make this topic?

Wait, why do people do that? Just so people won't disagree with them? Wow who ever does that needs more self-esteem.

Evolution23
01-19-2012, 05:53 PM
An NYK fan who gets it!!! You are a breath of fresh air.

WE get it. It's just annoying to hear these stupid rumors with no truth behind them. Also annoying to hear people freak out after 14 games into the season.

Evolution23
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Even if Otis was stupid enough to take Amare's contract, the Knicks won't make the trade because Dwight doesn't want to play for the Knicks.

He can leave them in the summer and sign with Deron in Brooklyn or Dallas. Although I suppose this speeds up the moving process for him if he goes to Brooklyn.

I know Dwight probably might not want to go to the Knicks but why would he want to go to the Nets?

sgaston
01-19-2012, 05:55 PM

You guys just don't get it. David Stern showed you that players will not be running anything around here. If the league feels it best for him to go to the Knicks, that is where he will be whether he likes it or not. Did he say he did not want to play for the Knicks or did he simply not put them on the short list. I just have a funny feeling. The knicks have sucked too long. I am not even a knicks fan. I just think what I think!

elonepb
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I know Dwight probably might not want to go to the Knicks but why would he want to go to the Nets?

Deron. Him and Dwight have a pact, it's painfully obvious. Just as obvious as Amare and Melo's pact last year.

elonepb
01-19-2012, 06:07 PM
You guys just don't get it. David Stern showed you that players will not be running anything around here. If the league feels it best for him to go to the Knicks, that is where he will be whether he likes it or not. Did he say he did not want to play for the Knicks or did he simply not put them on the short list. I just have a funny feeling. The knicks have sucked too long. I am not even a knicks fan. I just think what I think!

First of all, I don't believe you aren't a Knicks fan. Second of all, when did David Stern show us that players will not be running anything? When Melo forced his way out of Denver? When Lebron ditched Cleveland for Miami?

And yes he has said there are 3 teams he would play for: Nets, Mavs, and a distant third being the Lakers. This isn't the "omg plz yes" list, this is THE list, there are no other teams. Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, Clippers, etc are not options.

Evolution23
01-19-2012, 06:08 PM

The league doesn't won the Magic or the Knicks. The league owns the Hornets, that's why the cp3 trade got denied to the Lakers.

Evolution23
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Deron. Him and Dwight have a pact, it's painfully obvious. Just as obvious as Amare and Melo's pact last year.

Deron looks like he regressed or just stopped trying. Either way I don't think the Nets have the pieces to trade for Dwight, especially since Lopez went down.

elonepb
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Deron looks like he regressed or just stopped trying. Either way I don't think the Nets have the pieces to trade for Dwight, especially since Lopez went down.

Most people disagree.

Chill_Will_24
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM

Potential lineup next year in Brooklyn:

PG: Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Sudiata Gaines
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson
SF: Gerald Wallace, Andre Kirilenko, Shawne Williams
PF: Kenyon Martin, Kris Humphries, Shelden Williams
C: Dwight Howard, Mehmet Okur, Johan Petro

Obviously it all depends on how much the key FA signings will want.

Allen is a vet and the lure of Dwight, Deron and Brooklyn might convince him to come cheaper.

Hump is only getting paid this much cuz its a one year deal and will get paid less next year

Okur has said he wants to play with Deron for the rest of his career.

AK47 is a lock for the Nets and would have this year if not for the Lopez injury.

Wallace might be the only expensive one but the Nets have a lot of cap space

KMart might come back to his old team along with KKidd who has said he would like to back up Deron whether in DAL or NJ.

BK-TY
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
A couple of thoughts here...

1. What's so absurd about this trade? ORL's gonna lose Dwight... might as well get SOMETHING in return and Stat and Chandler is not a bad place to start.

2. Why is everyone so certain Dwight wouldn't re-sign with NY? I'm from Brooklyn... born and raised... but what the hell is so appealing about playing for the Nets other than D-Will who might not even re-sign with them himself?

3. Why is it that people come on here BEGGING for threads to be closed just because they disagree with what someone else thinks or because a thought that someone else has has already been mentioned on page friggin' 65 of a 2 week old thread? Some of us have jobs and kids and better things to do than read EVERY comment of EVERY thread on this site.

4. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE PSD but I thought this was a FORUM where people could express their thoughts and ideas freely. If something was already discussed can't a mod just merge the thread?

5. I'm a lifelong Knicks fan and I believe SOMETHING has to be done. I know it's a short season, only 16 or so games old, but we should be doing way better than we are and I'm just not of the opinion that B-Diddy's old *** is the answer.

6. Matterofact... the problem starts at the top... DOLAN. He should have extended Donnie, let him finish what he started and NEVER have stuck his nose in the 'Melo negotiations. Sell the team JD and take D'Antoni with you!! Let someone who knows about basketball get the team... better yet someone who KNOWS what they DON'T KNOW and gets OUT OF THE WAY. :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM

1. What's so absurd about this trade? ORL's gonna lose Dwight... might as well get SOMETHING in return and Stat and Chandler is not a bad place to start.

2. Why is everyone so certain Dwight wouldn't re-sign with NY? I'm from Brooklyn... born and raised... but what the hell is so appealing about playing for the Nets other than D-Will who might not even re-sign with them himself?

3. Why is it that people come on here BEGGING for threads to be closed just because they disagree with what someone else thinks or because a thought that someone else has has already been mentioned on page friggin' 65 of a 2 week old thread? Some of us have jobs and kids and better things to do than read EVERY comment of EVERY thread on this site.

4. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE PSD but I thought this was a FORUM where people could express their thoughts and ideas freely. If something was already discussed can't a mod just merge the thread?

5. I'm a lifelong Knicks fan and I believe SOMETHING has to be done. I know it's a short season, only 16 or so games old, but we should be doing way better than we are and I'm just not of the opinion that B-Diddy's old *** is the answer.

6. Matterofact... the problem starts at the top... DOLAN. He should have extended Donnie, let him finish what he started and NEVER have stuck his nose in the 'Melo negotiations. Sell the team JD and take D'Antoni with you!! Let someone who knows about basketball get the team... better yet someone who KNOWS what they DON'T KNOW and gets OUT OF THE WAY. :facepalm:

Ok

bmd1101
01-19-2012, 08:11 PM

No one wants Amare, period. Knicks fans dont even want Amare. Just because they should get SOMETHING in return doesn't mean they will take garbage with garbage contracts.

BK-TY
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
No one wants Amare, period. Knicks fans dont even want Amare. Just because they should get SOMETHING in return doesn't mean they will take garbage with garbage contracts.

I'd want to keep Amare (knees, back, contract and all) IF we didn't have Carmelo. It's OBVIOUS that they cannot coexist on the court and one needs to go so you keep the better of the two, 'Melo, and trade Stat.

Amare was good, MVP caliber for us, BEFORE 'Melo got here. I'm sure he can regain that form in a different setting under a better coach.

rockbottom2010
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM

that trade is never going to happen.....amare has no insurance on his contract...

justinnum1
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
amare and chandler are a bad fit

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Potential lineup next year in Brooklyn:

PG: Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Sudiata Gaines
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson
SF: Gerald Wallace, Andre Kirilenko, Shawne Williams
PF: Kenyon Martin, Kris Humphries, Shelden Williams
C: Dwight Howard, Mehmet Okur, Johan Petro

Obviously it all depends on how much the key FA signings will want.

Allen is a vet and the lure of Dwight, Deron and Brooklyn might convince him to come cheaper.

Hump is only getting paid this much cuz its a one year deal and will get paid less next year

Okur has said he wants to play with Deron for the rest of his career.

AK47 is a lock for the Nets and would have this year if not for the Lopez injury.

Wallace might be the only expensive one but the Nets have a lot of cap space

KMart might come back to his old team along with KKidd who has said he would like to back up Deron whether in DAL or NJ.

that has like 0.1% chance to happen

kurivaimu
01-20-2012, 10:34 AM

Should be: Makes sense, doesn't it.

yanksrock
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM

Lighten up!! Gosh!! People on this forum are some of the most uptight people I've ever met.

You didn't understand what he meant??

What's wrong with everybody on here atacking each other if they disagree with what other people say and if somebody doesn't post using grade A grammar.

Just loosen up a bit and you'll enjoy life so much more, I promise!!

nycericanguy
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Orlando did say they want to stay competitive and not rebuild. Amar'e and Chandler would be a great start. They'd still have Jrich and Nelson. Davis off the bench.

Maybe Nash and Hill would go to Orlando next offseason and make them a legit contender again.

Yea thats the only reason it makes sense to me. Not that Chandler & Amare aren't great players, but you would think ORL would want young guys instead.

But apparently their owner is 85 and doesn't want to rebuild, he wants veterans. I don't think any team can top an Amare & Chandler deal if they want veterans.

Amare has struggled this year big time, he did start off real slow as did the Knicks last year too. He only has 3 years left on his deal and he's been healthy for NY so again I think the injury concerns are a bit overblown.

Question is would Howard want to sign here?

Heck I would probably offer Melo & Chandler for Howard & Hedo and then see what you could get for Amare

Maybe Amare for Scola & Martin?

Howard
Scola
Hedo
Martin
Davis

thats a damn good TEAM there and everyone compliments each other well.

NYman15
01-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't think Dwight ends up in NY, but a trade of Amare and Chandler for Howard and Hedo makes some sense, but I don't see it happening.

pebloemer
01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Yea thats the only reason it makes sense to me. Not that Chandler & Amare aren't great players, but you would think ORL would want young guys instead.

But apparently their owner is 85 and doesn't want to rebuild, he wants veterans. I don't think any team can top an Amare & Chandler deal if they want veterans.

Amare has struggled this year big time, he did start off real slow as did the Knicks last year too. He only has 3 years left on his deal and he's been healthy for NY so again I think the injury concerns are a bit overblown.

Question is would Howard want to sign here?

Heck I would probably offer Melo & Chandler for Howard & Hedo and then see what you could get for Amare

Maybe Amare for Scola & Martin?

Howard
Scola
Hedo
Martin
Davis

thats a damn good TEAM there and everyone compliments each other well.

That deal would make a lot more sense for Orlando.

elonepb
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't think Dwight ends up in NY, but a trade of Amare and Chandler for Howard and Hedo makes some sense, but I don't see it happening.

If Dwight was willing to play for the Knicks, this might make sense, but he's not.

Bubba313
01-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Lighten up!! Gosh!! People on this forum are some of the most uptight people I've ever met.

You didn't understand what he meant??

What's wrong with everybody on here atacking each other if they disagree with what other people say and if somebody doesn't post using grade A grammar.

Problem is everyone on here thinks their Daryl Morey, so when someone proposes a trade that doesn't make complete sense they get bashed for it.

sgaston
01-20-2012, 01:45 PM

Sooo you didn't see the quotation marks. Get a life. I'm a college graduate with a jesuit education and my syntax is impeccable.

sgaston
01-20-2012, 02:07 PM
First of all, I don't believe you aren't a Knicks fan. Second of all, when did David Stern show us that players will not be running anything? When Melo forced his way out of Denver? When Lebron ditched Cleveland for Miami?

And yes he has said there are 3 teams he would play for: Nets, Mavs, and a distant third being the Lakers. This isn't the "omg plz yes" list, this is THE list, there are no other teams. Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, Clippers, etc are not options.

Cleveland born and breed first and formost. I know all too well what little brown james did. We will agree to disagree. If the Magic trade DW, it will not be to a team on his list. And furthermore, did they not trade for Jilbere Arenas. Contract status for talented players will not be an issue for the magic. Let's put it this way, if they don't do a trade like this, they will have a chance at the #1 pick again real soon.

metsfanssince05
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Why not Lebron and Bosh for Amar'e and Chandler? Bosh can plays center and Lebron can play PF. Dam........ Anthony, James & Bosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'm in this tread!

elonepb
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Cleveland born and breed first and formost. I know all too well what little brown james did. We will agree to disagree. If the Magic trade DW, it will not be to a team on his list. And furthermore, did they not trade for Jilbere Arenas. Contract status for talented players will not be an issue for the magic. Let's put it this way, if they don't do a trade like this, they will have a chance at the #1 pick again real soon.

Durrr if they trade with the Nets at the deadline they can get Lopez (20PPG center) + MarShon Brooks (steal of the draft) + 2012 LOTTERY pick + expirings to wipe off all their bad contract.

Dwight wants the Nets. He'll get there.

sgaston
01-20-2012, 02:21 PM
The league doesn't won the Magic or the Knicks. The league owns the Hornets, that's why the cp3 trade got denied to the Lakers.

Don't let David Stern fool you. That was an excuse. When the fit hits the shan, there will be another exuse. It is in the best interest of the league to not allow players to control it any longer, otherwise you will end up with contraction. If you want to see good basketball night in and night out, then the moves that make the most basketball sense should superceed what any individual player wants. Now if you just want your team to dominate and are content to continue to watch the crap that is being displayed now, then keep as it is. I prefere good basketball over any big 2 or big 3. Who really wants to see "not 3, not 4, not 5.....

Mudvayne91
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
actually it doesnt make any sense:laugh2:

amare and chandler both have terrible contracts too.

Si. I can't imagine Orlando wanting to take these players with as big as contracts as they have and with their injured past.

sgaston
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Durrr if they trade with the Nets at the deadline they can get Lopez (20PPG center) + MarShon Brooks (steal of the draft) + 2012 LOTTERY pick + expirings to wipe off all their bad contract.

Dwight wants the Nets. He'll get there.

So I guess "Broke" Lopez will miraculously heal before the trade deadline. In theory I agree with you, but the current circumstances prevent that scenario from coming to fruition. It's more likely that D Will gets traded elsewhere to prevent the Nets from completely loosing out. It's not like Lopez sucks. Brooks looks like a player as well. They may as well build with what they have and use D Will to get some value back. They should just get ready for the lottery just like the Cavs.

elonepb
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
So I guess "Broke" Lopez will miraculously heal before the trade deadline. In theory I agree with you, but the current circumstances prevent that scenario from coming to fruition. It's more likely that D Will gets traded elsewhere to prevent the Nets from completely loosing out. It's not like Lopez sucks. Brooks looks like a player as well. They may as well build with what they have and use D Will to get some value back. They should just get ready for the lottery just like the Cavs.

Miraculously? Nice hyperbole. He's on track for an early Feb return. Trust me, Dwight is going to the Nets either via trade or free agency.

BK-TY
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
...What's wrong with everybody on here atacking each other if they disagree with what other people say and if somebody doesn't post using grade A grammar.

I'm sure the grammar correction was a joke dude. Maybe YOU need to lighten up. LOL

ee
01-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Coz dwight only has 3 teams on his list....if knicks is one of them, they would offer everything they have.....they won't do it unless they know dwight wants to be there coz once the rumors starts popping out, the season is over for the knicks coz egos are gonna be hurt and chemistry is down the drain...

sgaston
01-20-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm sure the grammar correction was a joke dude. Maybe YOU need to lighten up. LOL

LOL. Yeah, your right. I was feeling some type of way.:facepalm:

sgaston
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Coz dwight only has 3 teams on his list....if knicks is one of them, they would offer everything they have.....they won't do it unless they know dwight wants to be there coz once the rumors starts popping out, the season is over for the knicks coz egos are gonna be hurt and chemistry is down the drain...

That's why it is bad for the players to have so much control. This is a business. No emotion please(Lamar Odem). These dudes need to pull their skirts down and stop acting like they don't make the kind of money that should set their families up for generations. I am not saying a player does not have the right to be happy, but the model doesn't work when the player has more power than the organization. I don't care if the Knicks are good or not personally, but I just think that trade makes basketball sense. I am sure that there would have to be other things done to make it work, but don't be surprised if it happens.