PDA

View Full Version : Danny Ainge willing to trade anyone on the Celtics

JordansBulls
01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/19/2718157/danny-will-blow-it-up-if-he-can

"First of all, it's a different era,'' said Ainge. "I sat with Red [Auerbach] during a Christmas party [20 years ago]. Red was talking to Larry, Kevin, and myself, and there was a lot of trade discussion at the time, and Red actually shared some of the trade discussions. And I told Red, ‘What are you doing? Why are you waiting?'

"He had a chance to trade Larry [to Indiana] for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and [Steve] Stipanovich, and he had a chance to trade Kevin [to Dallas] for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was, like, ‘Are you kidding?'

"I mean, I feel that way now. If I were presented with those kinds of deals for our aging veterans, it's a done deal, to continue the success.

Instead, he's made sure everyone knew that everyone is available for a price. He obviously hasn't gotten an offer he deems worth it to pull the trigger yet, but you can be sure he's been on the phone a lot. In fact, he's even told the world that there's a very real timetable involved.

the team has got another month or so - if that - to prove they are still contenders. Despite my arguments (Danny doesn't read blogs much, and I think I like that about him), it doesn't sound like Ainge will hesitate to hit the blinking red detonate button if he gets the right price in return.

Which leaves just one all-important question: What's the right price?

LakersIn5
01-19-2012, 09:55 AM
KG back to minny

Before4
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
KG back to minny

For Love...straight up!

LakersIn5
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
wes johnson, ridnour for kg?

xnick5757
01-19-2012, 10:08 AM
wes johnson, ridnour for kg?

:facepalm:

KG's 20mil expiring is worth a lot more than johnson/ridnour

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 10:09 AM
For Love...straight up!

:drool:

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
wes johnson, rubio for kg?

Fixed.

rapjuicer06
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Redick for Ray Allen. Boom

RowBTrice
01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I wish he'd trade KG overseas. I really don't like watching that guy play.

abe_froman
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
they absolutely should blow it,they're time is over.they might net something unawful,especially if looks like howard and deron wont be traded by deadline(there will be a few teams looking to go all in one doing a miami thing in such a case...just not as many)

JOSKOMANG4
01-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Jordan looking to fill the seats.. maybe a Charlotte/Boston Deal?

- Celtics acquire F B.Diaw, SG M.Carroll, & 2014 protected 1st rd pick from Bobcats in exchanged for SF P.Pierce

Bobcats Lineup:

C- Mullins/Biyombo/Diop
PF- T.Thomas/Najera/DJ White
SF- Pierce/R.Williams/D.Brown
SF- Magette/Henderson/Higgins
PG- Augustine/K.Walker

Celtics:

C- Garnett/O'Neal/Stiensma
PF- Bass/Wilcox/J.Johnson
SF- Diaw/Pietrus/Pavolvic
SG- Allen/Daniels/Carroll
PG- Rondo/Bradley/Dooling

- By acquiring Diaw, they acquire an expiring contract. Along with Garnett, O'Neal, Allen, and other minor contracts, that's over 50mill taken off your cap next season. With next season's FA, the Celtics may be willing to offer 2 max contracts to team up with young PG R.Rondo.

ramz.n
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
the celtics will most likely rebuild if this season continues on like this..the future could be

pg.. rondo
sg.. bradley
sf.. jeff green
pf..draft
c..draft

..this team had there run..its not time to get picks/ young talent for allen, and kg..the only player I can see staying and retiring with this team is pierce.

theheatles
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM
ray allen to the magic makes sense

or

kg for boozer type deal

PhillyBoomerang
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
"He had a chance to trade Larry [to Indiana] for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and [Steve] Stipanovich, and he had a chance to trade Kevin [to Dallas] for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was, like, ‘Are you kidding?

I would not have done those moves.. IMO i dont think the Celtics should break the BIG 3.. whats really killing the team is the lack of any size/experience at C along with early injuries and lack of Bench talent and help.. They will not be able to land anyone unless they take on less talent, Who is going to trade you any young players for guys drafted in 95', 96', and 98' not many guys are even left after those draft classes today! I just dont see the Celtics getting better if they deal Allen/Garnett/Pierce they should just play out the rest of careers in Boston.. id like to see that more

Corey
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
"First of all, it's a different era,'' said Ainge. "I sat with Red [Auerbach] during a Christmas party [20 years ago]. Red was talking to Larry, Kevin, and myself, and there was a lot of trade discussion at the time, and Red actually shared some of the trade discussions. And I told Red, ‘What are you doing? Why are you waiting?'

"He had a chance to trade Larry [to Indiana] for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and [Steve] Stipanovich, and he had a chance to trade Kevin [to Dallas] for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was, like, ‘Are you kidding?'

"I mean, I feel that way now. If I were presented with those kinds of deals for our aging veterans, it's a done deal, to continue the success.

"Sure, I think in the next few weeks I'll have a better feel. If the pattern continues like it is now, then I think that our hopes diminish, of course.

"It still doesn't mean we do anything, because there may not be opportunities to do anything. But I think that we'll have a better feel rather than a 12-game sample.''
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2012/01/19/ainges_patience_has_limits/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Boston+Celtics+news

He comments on how he would have traded Bird back in the day and he thought Red made the wrong move in not trading them.

It's just a matter of time before these guys get dealt.

I know we just had a thread on Pierce, so sorry for the Celtics threads, but this is the GM coming out and acknowledging that he's willing to blow it up.

Thoughts?

As a Celtics fan, I say "thank God". Thankfully Ainge isn't wearing green-tinted glasses and he can look at the team without getting too emotionally involved (as he showed with the Perk trade). I cant wait to see what he does, as the Celtics have some attractive pieces for a legit contender.

effen5
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Bulls call dibs on Ray Allen

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Sounds like it's ready to happen now who is gonna offer the young players and picks is the question. Who is one piece away (Orlando? LA? NY? CHI? SA?) Lots of teams out there that could make a play for one of the former big 3.

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
KG to CHI with a package built around Gibson and a pick?

That'd be a solid front court with Asik, Noah, KG, and Boozer. KG fits the tough D mentality there as well.

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Pierce to SA with a package around Leonard and a 1st? They'd probably need more though to land Pierce.

KG to SA with a package around Splitter and a 1st?

Parker
Manu (when he gets back)
Jefferson
KG
Duncan

One last push for the old squad before they blow it up as well.

DChibes
01-19-2012, 11:14 AM

That'd be a solid front court with Asik, Noah, KG, and Boozer. KG fits the tough D mentality there as well.

No thank you...we'll take Ray Allen though

Rose
Allen
Deng
Noah
Boozer

avon_barksdale
01-19-2012, 11:21 AM
No thank you...we'll take Ray Allen though

Rose
Allen
Deng
Noah
Boozer

too bad u aint got **** to trade to get him

Corey
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
\
KG to SA with a package around Splitter and a 1st?

Trades like that with KG are impossible. He's making 21 million as an expiring contract this year.

DitchDat
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Ray & Moore for Rip Hamilton, Korver and Asik
KG for Kaman and Trevor Ariza
Pierce & JO for Pau Gasol and Matt Barnes

BAM.

thephoenixson28
01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Suns need to somehow land KG

beardown4243
01-19-2012, 11:33 AM
too bad u aint got **** to trade to get him

Are you kidding? What do you think you would get back for Ray Allen? I'm guessing an expiring and a first round pick would be all you could expect. Seems like someone is angry that their team is done and probably won't be relevant again for years.

foonaka
01-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Pierce & JO for Pau Gasol and Matt Barnes

BAM.

Keep dreaming, kid! :eyebrow:

avon_barksdale
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Are you kidding? What do you think you would get back for Ray Allen? I'm guessing an expiring and a first round pick would be all you could expect. Seems like someone is angry that their team is done and probably won't be relevant again for years.

homie my team the wiz, they been done. i jus tellin it like it is. some ppl be livin in fairy tale land. ray be an expirin himself, why would they want another expirin in return when they can jus keep him. bulls prob gon have a top 3 record in the nba, whyd they want a pick in the last 3 of the 1st round. allen will bring back more than that.

Hustlenomics
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
homie my team the wiz, they been done. i jus tellin it like it is. some ppl be livin in fairy tale land. ray be an expirin himself, why would they want another expirin in return when they can jus keep him. bulls prob gon have a top 3 record in the nba, whyd they want a pick in the last 3 of the 1st round. allen will bring back more than that.

:laugh: Avon from the wire

pebloemer
01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Danny Ainge makes lots of sense. Celtics could still be a feared playoff team this year, but the odds of winning would have to be slim stacked against the rest of the East. Time to get optimal value for Allen and Garnett at the very least.

I wonder if teams like Indiana or 76ers would give anything of value for them?

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Trades like that with KG are impossible. He's making 21 million as an expiring contract this year.

True, I completely left out the whole money issue. Brain fart.

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Two threads on the same article about the Celtics?

:laugh:

John Walls Era
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Why would the Bulls want to do that? KG has looked horrible this year and his defense is non existent. This is disregarding salaries.

Sadds The Gr8
01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
he should trade them but I doubt he does it.

Hellcrooner
01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Auerbach should ahve accepted the MChale deal.

But the Bird deal was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fla.SticKy
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
My guess is that he deals w/ Atlanta, Houston, or Memphis! They can contend, and they players w/value, also the salaries can be matched!

He115ing
01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Rondo and Pierce for Anthony!

beardown4243
01-19-2012, 12:34 PM

I don't think the Bulls would trade for him unless RIP gets hurt again, but to say they don't have the pieces is just stupid. The Bulls could offer Taj, Asik, Mirotic, Butler, or draft picks (Bobcats protected 1st) and the Celtics would jump all over it.

da ThRONe
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Suns need to somehow land KG

Suns should try to acquire all three and try to get Nash a ring.

Luke0842
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I like the idea of Memphis as a possible trade partner. They made their run last year without Mayo (I believe) and Gay. So why not try to get a deal focused around one or the other. Both are young players and salaries wouldn't be too difficult to match considering Gay's and Pierce's match. Of course, I don't think the Griz would or should for that matter, trade Gay for Pierce straight up, but if Mayo is already on the block he could be had.

Hell, the ESPN trade machine says a deal of Mayo and Gay for Pierce and Ray works straight up and that the Griz would get three more wins. It must be a good deal... Silly ESPN trade machine.

I think one thing the C's should be looking for in return, if Rondo is the one to stay, is players who actually fit his style of play now. Of the starting five he has been the only one to consistently be on the fast break. DA needs to start trying to find, not only wing players, but bigs that will run the floor with Rondo.

Hellcrooner
01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Grizz could REALLy use getting rid of Chucky Gay For KGS expiring ( and to play PF while zach is injured)

dhopisthename
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Grizz could REALLy use getting rid of Chucky Gay For KGS expiring ( and to play PF while zach is injured)

:facepalm:

Luke0842
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think the Bulls would trade for him unless RIP gets hurt again, but to say they don't have the pieces is just stupid. The Bulls could offer Taj, Asik, Mirotic, Butler, or draft picks (Bobcats protected 1st) and the Celtics would jump all over it.

That pick they would, but I'm not so sure about Taj or Mirotic. Kind of overstocked at the four position as it is now. Unless KG was dealt in a separate deal leaving Bass to start.

king4day
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
the celtics will most likely rebuild if this season continues on like this..the future could be

pg.. rondo
sg.. bradley
sf.. jeff green
pf..draft
c..draft

..this team had there run..its not time to get picks/ young talent for allen, and kg..the only player I can see staying and retiring with this team is pierce.

I wouldn't even consider Green a lock to return. I don't blame Boston for not signing him. He wouldn't have played. But if I'm him, I'd go find a team that isn't rebuilding. Maybe even a return to OKC.

Suns should try to acquire all three and try to get Nash a ring.

It'd be easier to just trade Nash to Boston. The suns tem would have no players left to make a trade make any sense.

Baller1
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Ray Allen in OKC would make me happy...

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Ray Allen in OKC would make me happy...

James HardON?

JordansBulls
01-19-2012, 01:23 PM
KG, Ray Allen to the Bulls for Boozer, Korver, Brewer and Watson.

Baller1
01-19-2012, 01:25 PM
James HardON?

Ray Allen would take over Daequan Cook's role (cutting in to Sef's minutes).

Ebbs
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
KG to Indiana
Ray Allen to Minnesota
Pierce to SA

Hellcrooner
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM

hehe, clearing capspace for Dwight?

Hellcrooner
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=76w5hb6

Renews Celtics competitivity

CLears capspace for lakers so they can sign both Deron and Howard in the summer. ( amnesty artest, rework kobes contract).

Pootamis91
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM

CLears capspace for lakers so they can sign both Deron and Howard in the summer. ( amnesty artest, rework kobes contract).

uhh no Celtics will never help the Lakers

mgsports
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Garnett to Miami for Anthony/Haslem and so on?
Allen and Paul to Orlando for both Richardson's and so on?

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.

But realistically, there's no way the Lakers and Celtics made a blockbuster trade together...

Hellcrooner
01-19-2012, 02:02 PM

mmmm like having rondo, pierce, gasol and bynum wouldnt inprove their chances at getting a ring.......

Kashmir13579
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I would trade 'Melo or Amar'e in a deal that involved getting back Rondo and another quality player. I know the Cs won't deal with the Knicks, but i'm just saying.

shep33
01-19-2012, 02:22 PM
People have to realize KG is making like 21 mill, so that's a few young players right there worth of contracts.

foonaka
01-19-2012, 02:24 PM

In what universe would this be "helping" the Lakers? Expiring contracts? No thanks. We are one upper-tier guard away from being able to win it all this year, so unless the trade talks with the Celtics start with Rondo, then no thanks.

ZHawk1123
01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Ray Allen for OJ Mayo and Tony Allen

smith&wesson
01-19-2012, 03:15 PM
How dangerous would chicago be with ray allen.

smith&wesson
01-19-2012, 03:15 PM
kg should go back to minni and retire. it would be a good ending to his story.

Celticsfan2007
01-19-2012, 03:16 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7t43ujo

Suns get:
Rondo
O'neal
J. Johnson
Boston 2011 1st round pick

Boston gets:
Nash
Gortat
M. Morris
Suns 2011 1st round pick

Why the Suns do this:
This allows the suns to trade away Nash to a contender giving him one last shot at a ring all the while getting a PG of the future in Rondo. Rondo, an excellent pass first PG will be able to set up many of the sharp shooters the Suns have. They also will swap 1st round picks with C's along with getting a solid PF prospect in JaJuan Johnson.

Why the Celtics do this:
This is a no brainer for the C's. The Celtics window is closing fast and the biggest gripe about this team has always been the shooting at the PG position. Nash is a perfect fit with the aging big 3. Nash will offer excellent floor spacing along with respect from defenses with his shot. Gortat will provide a much need presence as a rebounder and shot blocker down low, he will start in place of the recently departed Jermaine O'neal. M. Morris is a solid prospect who can hit the 3 off the bench. If the C's manage to fail at their ultimate goal they will have 3 large contracts being removed from their books which will allow them to have the cap space to rebuild the team however they please.

Ezio
01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Allen in a Bulls jersey :drool: doubt it happens because Boston would want Asik.

Green_Monster
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM

No, we will not take on your **** players with bad contracts.

LongWayFromHome
01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7cs9rcl

Lakers get:
Joe Johnson
Rajon Ronda
Brandon Bass

Boston Gets:
Pau Gasol
Hinrich's expiring
picks from LA?

Atlanta gets:
Garnett's expiring
MWP (3 yr at about 6.8mil, way better than JJ)
Steve Blake (3 yr at 4 mil)

Lakers have to find a way to make Joe Johnson work but they get rondo.

BOS turns Gasol around for picks, assets, etc.

Corey
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
..."Ronda"?

Oh boy

Give away Rondo, Bass, KG and get Gasol? Yeah, no.

LongWayFromHome
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
..."Ronda"?

Oh boy

Give away Rondo, Bass, KG and get Gasol? Yeah, no.

just a typo

and picks

Maybe could get 2 first from ATL and LA

And we know HOU really wants Gasol. Could get a nice package from them. Load up 1rd picks (be they late) in a stacked draft.

Corey
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
They can get more than late first rounders for Rondo. That makes no sense. He's contract controlled at a fair price for the next few years.

FriedTofuz
01-19-2012, 05:43 PM
KG would be good in orlando

Sportfan
01-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Redick for Ray Allen. Boom
**** that. Ry Anderson

Jordan looking to fill the seats.. maybe a Charlotte/Boston Deal?

- Celtics acquire F B.Diaw, SG M.Carroll, & 2014 protected 1st rd pick from Bobcats in exchanged for SF P.Pierce

Bobcats Lineup:

C- Mullins/Biyombo/Diop
PF- T.Thomas/Najera/DJ White
SF- Pierce/R.Williams/D.Brown
SF- Magette/Henderson/Higgins
PG- Augustine/K.Walker

Celtics:

C- Garnett/O'Neal/Stiensma
PF- Bass/Wilcox/J.Johnson
SF- Diaw/Pietrus/Pavolvic
SG- Allen/Daniels/Carroll
PG- Rondo/Bradley/Dooling

- By acquiring Diaw, they acquire an expiring contract. Along with Garnett, O'Neal, Allen, and other minor contracts, that's over 50mill taken off your cap next season. With next season's FA, the Celtics may be willing to offer 2 max contracts to team up with young PG R.Rondo.

ew

Corey
01-19-2012, 05:50 PM
I dont see how KG could end up in Orlando. There's no chance Boston would be interested in Hedo.

Missing56&33
01-19-2012, 06:01 PM

OMG......Danny Ainge is an idiot. Do he not realize that Red Auerbach was talking about trading him? Those guys retired Celtics and he was traded. :pity: So he has no sense of loyalty what so ever. He's still bitter.

Or he could build around those guys.....he's just made bad trades and broke up the team....never should have traded Perkins....those type of trades you discuss with your HC and franchise players.

AnalyzeNShoot
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
he would be stupid to trade rondo. I mean celtics will be shooting themselves on the left with that one.

Corey
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
[/B]
OMG......Danny Ainge is an idiot. Do he not realize that Red Auerbach was talking about trading him? Those guys retired Celtics and he was traded. :pity: So he has no sense of loyalty what so ever. He's still bitter.

You dont know what you're talking about brah.

JasonJohnHorn
01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I cant seriously imagine anybody offering a worth while deal. It'd be better for the big three to retire in Boston green and look to use their upcoming cap space to bring in young talent.

Giraffes Rule
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
They would basically have to hope that Dwight Howard would decide to sign with them if they just let the contracts expire. What other big free agent would fit in with Rondo and Pierce? They're still gonna have ~35 million for 5 players next year.

Missing56&33
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Well Danny Ainge was still in the prime of his career when he was traded, I remember being surprised that Ainge was traded being such an important piece to the Celtics 84'-88' championship runs but you know damn well Red Auerbach was not trading Larry Bird, Kevin Mchale, or even Robert Parrish for nobody. So why would Ainge even bring that up, it makes no sense..........brah

MTar786
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
if you had to make a trade for one of bostons big 3 who would you take and what would be your offer?
also, out of curiousity.. at this point in their careers how would you rate them? in order. this is how i see it

1.pierce
2.kg
3.allen

todu82
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
1) Pierce
2) Garnett
3) Allen

Cal827
01-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Allen. He is a great 3 point shooter, and seems to have a controlled ego, unlike the other two. He would be great in Chicago or with another scoring PG who would draw attention.

Nick O
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Allen
pierce
KG

Allen can still shoot.... KG is starting to become pretty crappy

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Raymond Jesus Shuttlesworth Allen.

Exactly what the Bulls need. He can do what Rip can in regards to off the ball play and creating for others (along with himself at times) except he's an elite 3pt shooter rather than Rip who settles for the worst shot in basketball.

Ebbs
01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Pierce on the Mavs would be cool beans.

Missing56&33
01-19-2012, 06:31 PM
if you had to make a trade for one of bostons big 3 who would you take and what would be your offer?
also, out of curiousity.. at this point in their careers how would you rate them? in order. this is how i see it

1.pierce
2.kg
3.allen

agreed.....Ray Allen....for Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Bill Walker and Jared Jeffries. Ray Allen got more heart than all of these guys but at least the Celtics would be getting younger.

jrm2054
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Jesus

da ThRONe
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Neither my team needs a youth movement.

In general Allen. Jumpshooting never goes away he's still pretty decent on D, and unlike Pierce his contract expires after this year.

Cal827
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM

Exactly what the Bulls need. He can do what Rip can in regards to off the ball play and creating for others (along with himself at times) except he's an elite 3pt shooter rather than Rip who settles for the worst shot in basketball.

He's trying to lay the ball in from 39 feet away from the rim? :facepalm:

Rose's Assist total would rise though. He would be looked at as the best PG, Bar None as his FG% would increase since they couldn't close in on just him in the back-court, and Allen would hurt them a lot if they decided to DT him.

thekmp211
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
contracts aside pierce is still probably the best, but ray allen has aged incredibly well. kg has always been my favorite player but at this point he looks gassed on both ends..it's sad. i think he wants to retire a celtic.

when you consider contracts i think allen has quite a bit of value. his game would easier be a more seamless fit most contending teams. i figure he is the most likely to be traded.

hugepatsfan
01-19-2012, 06:41 PM
As players... Pierce>Ray>>>>>>>>>>KG. But Ray is the most logical fit for most teams because it's a 10 mil expiring contract. 10 mil is reasonable to macth salaries in a trade. Pierce's salary can be matched, but it's a longer committment. KG has a gigantic salary that is hard to match and he just isn't that good anymore. He's still very good on D, but his O sucks outside of a mid range shot (which is still awesome). He can't really score consistantly any other way.

Green_Monster
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
They would basically have to hope that Dwight Howard would decide to sign with them if they just let the contracts expire. What other big free agent would fit in with Rondo and Pierce? They're still gonna have ~35 million for 5 players next year.

Deron Williams

Missing56&33
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
[/B]
OMG......Danny Ainge is an idiot. Do he not realize that Red Auerbach was talking about trading him? Those guys retired Celtics and he was traded. So he has no sense of loyalty what so ever. He's still bitter.

So I guess Danny Ainge is comparing himself to Red Auerbach now?? And his big three are compared to Red's big three? Its a different era but he's not Red Auerbach....Red Auerbach surrounded those guys with quality players from 80'-89' three championships but there was a sense of loyalty in Red Auerbach's era.

Really he should not be comparing the situations. He's not Red Auerbach.

Giraffes Rule
01-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Deron Williams

That's even less likely than Dwight Howard. That's basically hedging your bets that a guy is willing to go to a team whose only other big talent is a player at his own position.

Iron24th
01-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Danny Ainge has always been open to trades,no that the celts start slow,he feels the pressure and could do a panic move a la perkins.

Corey
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
He didn't trade Perk because he felt 'pressure'.

He traded Perk because he wasn't going to give him the per year salary that Perk's agent wanted.

Missing56&33
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Danny Ainge has always been open to trades,no that the celts start slow,he feels the pressure and could do a panic move a la perkins.

agreed.......everybody knows that the 2010 Finals prolly would have gone to the Celts had Perk been healthy.....Ainge felt Shaq and Jermain O'Neal would be enough but Perk was the heart of the team. Didn't even give Perk a chance to come back. :pity: One game from winning the finals a year before....definitely a panic move.

BigBongTheory
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Artest for Pierce? wanna little artest boston? hmm, just a little world peace? hmm? Take it!.... hmm?

Green_Monster
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
agreed.......everybody knows that the 2010 Finals prolly would have gone to the Celts had Perk been healthy.....Ainge felt Shaq and Jermain O'Neal would be enough but Perk was the heart of the team. Didn't even give Perk a chance to come back. :pity: One game from winning the finals a year before....definitely a panic move.

Wrong.

ZHawk1123
01-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Artest for Pierce? wanna little artest boston? hmm, just a little world peace? hmm? Take it!.... hmm?

:rimshot:

LongWayFromHome
01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Pierce on the Mavs would be cool beans.

This would basically ruin any chance of the big free agent yield they are getting ready for.

JordansBulls
01-23-2012, 05:03 PM

If the Bulls got him, would he start over Rip? How would the two react in that type of situation?

Celticsfan2007
01-23-2012, 05:14 PM
If the Bulls got him, would he start over Rip? How would the two react in that type of situation?

Rayray would easily start over Rip, especially with Thibs as the HC.

Allen would easily get Rose 2-3 more APG just from his 3pt shot alone. Rose would look even more godly than he does not having a guy like Allen running around the 3pt line.

JordansBulls
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Rayray would easily start over Rip, especially with Thibs as the HC.

Allen would easily get Rose 2-3 more APG just from his 3pt shot alone. Rose would look even more godly than he does not having a guy like Allen running around the 3pt line.

I would start him as well, just would hope that Rip would be ok with it.

bigsams50
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Ray Allen on the Bulls would be too beasty

Evolution23
01-23-2012, 06:45 PM
I would love Ray Allen on the Knicks.

Taimla
01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
I would love Ray Allen on the Knicks.

it alrady sound so badly....

Tony_Starks
01-23-2012, 09:47 PM
The only one of the "big 3" that has big trade value is Ray and to maximize his value you would need a pg that can get him the rock coming off the screen. KG is finished and Pierce is on the serious decline. What do they really think they could get for these guys? Nobody is going to give up a young promising athletic player or a certified allstar for them which Im pretty sure is what they would want.

They're stuck.

Celtics33
01-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm glad to hear that Ainge is willing to trade players if it will benefit the team and not stick with it no matter what.