PDA

View Full Version : Marshon Brooks a good all around player

waveycrockett
01-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I heard it mentioned here this kid is just a shooter??

Tonight he went for 22 points/8rebs//6assists/ on 53% shooting

Over his last 5 games

16 points/5 rebs/3 assists/1.2 steals on 49% shooting

and averaging near 5 rebs and over 1 steal since Janurary. Underrated Offensive rebounder

This kid is no Nick Young. He is an all around player and a top-3 candidates for ROY for sure.

jkiddvc20
01-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I do love me some Marshon Brooks :drool:

AnalyzeNShoot
01-18-2012, 11:13 PM
He is great.

Nets would have a pretty good team right now if they didnt traded for deron.
I mean harris favors, possible high pick.

but o well. Magic gona be begging for him in the trade. Kinda of reminds me of the
situation when Miami didnt included d-wade in the shaq deal. If i was NJ i do w.e i can do keep Brooks. Dwill Brooks D12 preety good

Federal Reserve
01-18-2012, 11:14 PM
He puts up solid stats but his team loses every single game.

jkiddvc20
01-18-2012, 11:15 PM
He puts up solid stats but his team loses every single game.

No they won tonight so they dont lose every single game

justinnum1
01-18-2012, 11:16 PM
im just happy he is not on an east contender

HouRealCoach
01-18-2012, 11:17 PM
He is great.

but o well. Magic gona be begging for him in the trade. Kinda of reminds me of the
situation when Miami didnt included d-wade in the shaq deal. If i was NJ i do w.e i can do keep Brooks. Dwill Brooks D12 preety good

They would have also had Kanter and Lopez along with them lol..

But Marshon Brooks is really starting to turn heads.. imagine if Boston kept him

AnalyzeNShoot
01-18-2012, 11:18 PM

But Marshon Brooks is really starting to turn heads.. imagine if Boston kept him

He would be gold in boston with rondo. they would have their future right there.

Raph12
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
He's ballin' right now, looking like the best player on the Nets :D

rhymeratic
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Marshon Brooks sorta reminds me of a young Joe Johnson. Seriously. Everyone says Kobe but I'm like nah... definitely Joe Johnson. I think he'll be a very good, NOT elite, but very good player for years to come.

It's just too bad he's in a ugly situation in NJ. I doubt he is there in the long run, somehow they'll end up trading him.

D12 fan
01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
He is great.

If this kid keeps it up D12 to NJ looks more likely than D12 to LA.

Lopez,Brooks,2 1rd lottery > Bynum,Ebanks,2 1rd late

Young and Stupid
01-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll say this as someone who is often overly skeptical and rarely impressed: MarShon Brooks is good. From everything I've read and seen of Brooks, I'm having trouble understanding how he slipped all the way to #25 in a relatively weak draft.

So far this season, he's looked like the best player on the Nets' roster. Granted, that isn't saying much -- with Deron Williams playing like **** and the rest of the team filled with talentless role players -- but it's very impressive for a rookie to come in and look as in control as he has. Honestly, I can't say that I've seen many rookies appear as confident and poised as he is. Whenever I watch him, I just find myself shaking my head.

Hopefully, he plays well enough that the Magic don't strip the Nets of every draft pick they possess. Hopefully.

Slimsim
01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Nets rape boston on draft night

I see a little kobe in him i thought nets fans were over hyping him but he is legit

king4day
01-18-2012, 11:30 PM
I think 'good' is an understatement. He's gonna be a stud and will be a candidate to win ROY.
IMO he's also going to be the reason Orlando decides to trade Howard to NJ.

CarniifeX
01-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Kobeeeee

Metsboi69
01-18-2012, 11:34 PM
I knew he would score on the Nets, but what impresses me is his all around game and efficiency. I mean hes scoring but also shooting at close to 50%.

blastmasta26
01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
One of the rare SGs who can score but plays an all around game, it's very likely he gets moved for Dwight though.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Haven't seen him play much, but people say he plays like a young Kobe? Tis true?

jkiddvc20
01-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Haven't seen him play much, but people say he plays like a young Kobe? Tis true?

He is obviously not Kobe but I really do see the comparisons. Just like Kobe MarShon makes everything that he does on the court look so damn smooth and easy. With Kobe I feel like sometimes the guy is a better shooter with a man draped all over him and I see a lot of that in Brooks...

waveycrockett
01-18-2012, 11:57 PM

He certainly patterned his game after Kobe but he doesn't have that athleticism. He is like Eric Gordon with Kobe moves. His wingspan is insane.

Robbw241
01-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Offensively he plays a lot like Kobe, but defensively there's no comparison. Brooks is long and can get deflections but he's average. He'll never be Kobe in that aspect.

But seriously I love this dude :drool:

jim51990
01-19-2012, 12:02 AM
I said on this site many times that da would regret trading brooks more then trading perk. Also I've had class with marshon and I'm glad he's finally getting the credit he deserves

ee
01-19-2012, 12:05 AM
the way he passes off double teams is what impress me the most.....the first few games, the bigs didn't see it coming so they came up empty, but the last few games, they were ready for the finish...

jkiddvc20
01-19-2012, 12:07 AM
I said on this site many times that da would regret trading brooks more then trading perk. Also I've had class with marshon and I'm glad he's finally getting the credit he deserves

I considered going to Providence actually, did you talk to him at all or no?

Hawkeye15
01-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Marshon Brooks sorta reminds me of a young Joe Johnson. Seriously. Everyone says Kobe but I'm like nah... definitely Joe Johnson. I think he'll be a very good, NOT elite, but very good player for years to come.

It's just too bad he's in a ugly situation in NJ. I doubt he is there in the long run, somehow they'll end up trading him.

I agree with this comparison. JJ is a great comparison at the moment.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-19-2012, 12:20 AM

He has roots in NJ, he loves it there, and once he moves to Brooklyn he wont want to move from one of if not the best arena in the NBA.

Metsboi69
01-19-2012, 12:25 AM
He has roots in NJ, he loves it there, and once he moves to Brooklyn he wont want to move from one of if not the best arena in the NBA.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't traded at the deadline probably for Dwight, but if not I'm just expecting some kind of desperation trade to keep Dwill, unless the Nets are pretty certain D12 will sign with them in the offseason.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I'd be shocked if he wasn't traded at the deadline probably for Dwight, but if not I'm just expecting some kind of desperation trade to keep Dwill, unless the Nets are pretty certain D12 will sign with them in the offseason.

If they can trade for Mayo I think they dont have to give him up. But if they cant the Magic may back us into a corner, which would really suck.

jmoney85
01-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I honestly doubt the nets trade him for dwight.... hes that good.. why trade assets for dwight at the deadline when you can sign him 3 months later? lol doesnt make any sense to me

Metsboi69
01-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I honestly doubt the nets trade him for dwight.... hes that good.. why trade assets for dwight at the deadline when you can sign him 3 months later? lol doesnt make any sense to me

Well I totally agree if only it was that simple. The Magic are not going to want to get stuck with nothing and if the Nets don't include Brooks with Brook some team probably the Lakers would be able to exceed our offer.

jmoney85
01-19-2012, 12:53 AM
honestly I think the magic will just keep him... they think they have a legit chance at a chip ... and dont doubt billy kings trade skills

BigBongTheory
01-19-2012, 02:04 AM
yeah, i don't watch him a whole lot, like alot of other people...but im hearing good things..

jmoney85
01-19-2012, 02:27 AM
if marshon goes to orlando in a dwight trade ill be damned if we have to take hedo back

VinceCarter
01-19-2012, 02:35 AM
if marshon goes to orlando in a dwight trade ill be damned if we have to take hedo back

They'd have Ryan Anderson AND MarShon Brooks :cry:

ClippersE.G
01-19-2012, 02:52 AM
The guy is pretty great I am just wondering why it seems he is so sloow at times. It seems he should move quicker for a Sg

Greet
01-19-2012, 09:48 AM

Probably wouldn't have drafted Kanter if we had Lopez/Favors.

I'll say this as someone who is often overly skeptical and rarely impressed: MarShon Brooks is good. From everything I've read and seen of Brooks, I'm having trouble understanding how he slipped all the way to #25 in a relatively weak draft.

He slipped because of his age. It's rare for a guy to stay 4 years in college, but he had the skill-set to be a lottery pick.

Offensively he plays a lot like Kobe, but defensively there's no comparison. Brooks is long and can get deflections but he's average. He'll never be Kobe in that aspect.

But seriously I love this dude :drool:

He's going to be in ORL at the deadline.

I agree with this comparison. JJ is a great comparison at the moment.

It's better than the Jason Terry ones :laugh2:

They'd have Ryan Anderson AND MarShon Brooks :cry:

Marshon + Lopez + picks for Howard + Anderson :drool:

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Steal of the draft by far at #25 he's easily a top 3 player from the whole draft. Still needs to add a few pounds cause he's thin but 10 pounds would do this kid wonders. His feel for the game offensively is amazing for a rook and with those long arms he is a very underrated defender. Finally his teammates are starting to finish some of his passes and his assist numbers are climbing.

He's number 3 in SG PER in the whole league. He's gonna find his way into the top 5 SG's in the next few years, he's that good.

29$JerZ
01-19-2012, 10:46 AM
The better he plays the more Orlando will demand him in a trade.

Agar81
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
The Celtics never considered drafting him. Ainge was phoned the pick by the NJ FO and he made the pick for them due to the agreement. He was not a player we were looking at, so it's pointless to say how the Celtics would look with him. JJJ was the guy we were targeting the whole time.

elonepb
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM

I keep hearing this, mainly from Celtics fans. The Celtics didn't draft Brooks and then get offered a deal by the Nets. This was all prearranged. Just think of it as the Nets traded the #27 pick in the 2011 draft and a future 2nd round pick to the Celtics for the #25 pick in the 2011 draft.

Chill_Will_24
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Bye Brooks.. your playing yourself right out of NJ curtesy of Dwight

shep33
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
He's good, I like him a lot because he's 23 and seems to just have a better understanding than the younger rooks.

Slimsim
01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Imagine if NJ can keep brooks and get howard

Crackadalic
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I swear every time I see him play I keep thinking Kobe. He's gonna be good for years to come

kjoke
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
How's his athleticism?

VillaMaravilla
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I wanted the Knicks to draft him of Faried so bad on draft night I was actually at the draft but oh well we got Iman.......but good for the Nets hes going to be a good one

shizzle09
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
kid looks super relaxed when he plays. he looks pretty dam impressive. His facial expressions never change though. super weird.

elonepb
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
How's his athleticism?

He's not what I would call a "high flyer" but he definitely gets up. His incredibly long wingspan certainly helps with that perception I think.

If you haven't seen his game, there's someone on YouTube who puts all his games into highlight reels (from scores, to poke aways, to unimpressive rebounds).

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarShonChannel

jmoney85
01-19-2012, 05:04 PM
How's his athleticism?

his predraft measurables are just as good if not better than dwayne wades

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marshon-Brooks-6347/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dwyane-Wade-4726/

and much better than joe johnson

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Johnson-3013/

jmoney85
01-19-2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGoWQsv4TdQ

waveycrockett
01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Marshon Brooks with another 20 points, 6 rebs, 1blk and 1ast in a WIN

Robbw241
01-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Most importantly 0 turnovers

Federal Reserve
01-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Are we going to act like Marshon Brooks didn't shoot 6-17 and get abused all night by the Thunder? Brooks is not a top 3 rookie of the year, for those who say he is. Rubio, Shumpert and Irving are easily all above him in the race for ROY.

Robbw241
01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Your sig summarizes my reaction to your post. Like I can't tell if you're trolling or stupid. Someone needs to help me out here.

Metsboi69
01-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Are we going to act like Marshon Brooks didn't shoot 6-17 and get abused all night by the Thunder? Brooks is not a top 3 rookie of the year, for those who say he is. Rubio, Shumpert and Irving are easily all above him in the race for ROY.

I honestly can't tell if your serious..? :o

Jenceman
01-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Your sig summarizes my reaction to your post. Like I can't tell if you're trolling or stupid. Someone needs to help me out here.

He's trolling. Nobody is that stupid.

Snapshot
01-23-2012, 01:07 AM
As someone that's been following him since he was at Providence, and gets to see him play everyday with the Nets, he's definitely the truth. I see the Kobe comparisons, but imo, he's more of a Kobe/Crawford hybrid, I don't see any JJ in him.. no homo. He lacks the explosivensess that a younger Kobe had, but he has sick handles and can always get a decent shot off, similar to Crawford, he's just less erratic and a lil bit smoother with his. He's a ton of fun to watch, and has been one of the main reasons i've been tuning into Nets games this season, even more so than Deron.

Sidenote.. lol @ the idiot that said Shumpert is better than him.. I get to watch both on a nightly basis, and you couldn't be more wrong. Kyrie, yes.. Rubio is plausible, but at this point in time I would still give Brooks the edge, we'll just have to wait and see how the rest of the season plays out.