PDA

View Full Version : The Nets should Trade Williams now

netsmetsjets88
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
In my mind the price that it will cost to get Dwight Howard is too high, and it will leave the Nets with only Williams and him. Brook , Brooks and this years 1st is alot to give up . Trades I would look at it with the future in mind.

1. Trade Derron Williams for Carmelo. The Carmelo , Stoudemire duo isnt a great match and at least Carmelo is under contract for awhile. The Nets would then add a top three pick to the team in the draft and with Lopez, Brooks and Melo the Nets would have a nice team to build around.

2. Trade Williams to Thunder for Westbrook. Straight up this is a fair deal because Westbrook will be in our control for awhile and once again this give the Nets a nice team to build around and the Thunder get a PG who can def get the best out of Durant.

3. Williams , Hump for Chalmers and Bosh: How loyal are the Heat having a facilitator would greatly benefit this team IMO

4. Williams to Minnesota straight up for Ricky Rubio: Would the Wolves bite Williams would be paired up with alot of young talent in a small market and Minnesota would instantly matter. Is Rubio's ceiling to high. My guess is the Wolves wouldnt do it too risky. Fun to postulate though

Finding a team that would trade for Williams and to a place where he will stay will be difficult. But if the Nets traded Williams for Carmelo or Westbrook and kept Lopez and Brooks wouldn't that be a more attractive team for Howard to sign with. If he waited till after 2013 to sign an extension and took a one year max contract he could still make his money.

C-Howard
PF-Lopez
SF-?
SG-Brooks
PG- Westbrook or Melo at Sf
Plus a top three pick

Federal Reserve
01-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Why would the Knicks trade Melo for Williams? :facepalm:

Rockice_8
01-18-2012, 04:54 PM
In before the lock. HE'S NOT GETTING TRADED!!

Chill_Will_24
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Rubio? Wont happen

Melo? Pass

Bosh and Chalmers? Heat dont need Williams

Westbrook? OKC would laugh

Thats all assuming Deron would sign with any of those teams.

The Nets made this gamble so now they must stick with it. If i place a 500 dollar bet, it would be stupid to pull out and ask for 20 dollars back when i feel i might lose. Deron has decresed his own value anyway so you would never get that much for him.

BTW your saying to trade him cuz getting Dwight is too expensive? Really? Role players come by every off season. Superstars are impossible to acquire. If you can get Dwight, you get him now and ask questions later. Players like Ray Allen and J Kidd will come to Brooklyn to play with Howard and Deron. Superstars arent gonna come to play with Brooks and Farmar. Get it?

netsmetsjets88
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM

Because there current setup is clearly not working and wont work until someone can run the offense. Clearly Dwill would resign with them so I believe its a decent trade. Maybe he wouldnt and I am wrong

sep11ie
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Wtf?

jmoney85
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Williams for rubio straight up!!!!! Ommfg

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-18-2012, 05:12 PM
D-Will to the Lakers, do it Mitch/Jim!

whitemamba33
01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
I stopped reading at the Carmelo idea.

If you thought that was viable, that tells me everything I need to hear about the rest of your ideas.

Tmath
01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
J.Calderon for D.Williams

GodsSon
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
J.Calderon for D.Williams

I'm down.

Da Knicks
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
melo for williams gtfo

JerseysFinest
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Are you suggesting the Nets deal Deron after theoretically getting D12?

C'MON SON

People would flock to come play with them over in BK. So what they're giving up a lot, its Dwight Howard, top 5 player in the league. And Nets would never ever trade D-Will.

jmoney85
01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I have no idea why this thread is even up.... no way they are trading dwill

shep33
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Only way they trade Dwill is if Dwill tells them he wants out.

uprightciti
01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
you dont trade a star pg that you cleaned house for another piece to a broken puzzle

it has become clear that good players today are found in the draft
not via free agency

2-ONE-5
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
lol keep dreamin dude. what do you think this is NBA2k12?

Chill_Will_24
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Only way they trade Dwill is if Dwill tells them he wants out.

Not even then. They took a gamble and now they must let it play out

Njsportsfreak
01-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I think they should wait it out remember they can give him the most money if he wants it and if he sees Howard or someone else sign he likes he will sign this offseason the cards will be in Dwills hands and yes the pressure is gonna be in Billy kings hands his got a good selling point with the move to a brand new place I see it being a RUFF ROAD AHEAD!!

shep33
01-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Not even then. They took a gamble and now they must let it play out

Yeah, that's true.

lakerboy
01-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Trade Deron Williams to the Lakers. If Nets are moving to Brooklyn, they would want a native... M E T T A W O R L D P E A C E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

LOOTERX9
01-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah I agree Nets should trade him and get assets back from a team he wants to go to. This is why Deron needs to tell his team that he wont be returning and to get something for him. Lebron did it the wrong way by screwing over cleveland by pretending he was going back there

Robbw241
01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
He's not getting traded

beasted86
01-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Williams' stock is at an all time low because he's playing poorly and he might be a 1yr rental if not sent to the right team.

None of those trade ideas in the original post will be agreed on.

I'd try and get Philly to give up Jrue and picks. Gives Philly the star power to market to fans and season ticket holders, plus they are a winning playoff team. Nets get a young quality PG who keeps getting better, and will be a restricted free agent, and draft picks for the future.

MacFitz92
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
NBA Trade Ideas Forum.

theheatles
01-18-2012, 06:34 PM
deron for melo might actually be good for both parties

LOOTERX9
01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
deron for melo might actually be good for both parties

Yeah that will turn the Knicks into the suns East:( As long as Dantoni is in NY knicks wont win any meaningful series in playoffs

thedfactor
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
deron for melo might actually be good for both partiesJust imagine how pissed Melo would be to get dealt to the Nets after all. Hypothetically, of course.

ee
01-18-2012, 07:02 PM
This thread is up not because the OP thinks dwight is too expensive.... It's because everything is close to being over 4 the Nets.... Lopez injury is a big blow....

fredv
01-18-2012, 07:47 PM
In a couple of hours everyone will be talking about this:

He's getting traded to the Mavs for Odom+terry+marion+picks and crap.

xxplayerxx23
01-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Calm down with melo for williams, Melo is the better player, Too early to talk about this crap, He wont be traded

onlythisfar41
01-18-2012, 08:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA holy crap man, those are the worst trade ideas ive ever heard. Why the hell would the Knicks trade one of the best scorers in the game for him, if anything they would trade Amare and see if they'd accept that.

As for your other trades, all ludicrous. Why would OKC do you guys a favor by getting rid of Westbrook and the value he brings at the lower monetary amount for Dwill who will have a tremendous salary if he resigns there (thats assuming he would resign there, more of a reason the trade is crazy)

Im not even going to get into the rest of them, they were all terrible terrible terrible ideas.

yanksrock
01-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Adorable

lkingratedr
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
if i was the knicks i would call the nets and say you can have everyone on the team not named carmelo amare tyson and iman ...

xxplayerxx23
01-18-2012, 09:05 PM
if i was the knicks i would call the nets and say you can have everyone on the team not named carmelo amare tyson and iman ...

Lmao sure why not Balkman,Novak, davis, TD,Fields,Jerome jordan, Jermey Lin, Bill walker for Deron willimas,
Get it done dolan :eyebrow:

BigBongTheory
01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
they don't trade d-will he will just leave anyway. seriously 90% sure he'll stay? if your guy doesn't say 100 then he's not all there to begin with.

ldawg
01-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Nah Howard is on his way.

mvb815
01-19-2012, 03:42 AM
lol @ melo for williams

amare's stats would love that though

LongWayFromHome
01-19-2012, 03:53 AM
This just goes to show that just because you have 1000+ posts you are not necessarily more qualified to make a thread than someone with 0 posts.

abe_froman
01-19-2012, 05:04 AM
1. Trade Derron Williams for Carmelo.
-knick fans would loath this,they absolutely love melo...but i actually think it'd be a good trade for both teams.dwill would be better fit next to amare and is a pg that is so needed to run dantoni's system

2. Trade Williams to Thunder for Westbrook. this to could work if westy really does want to be the man,he get the chance to try being rose.

3. Williams , Hump for Chalmers and Bosh-no way this happens.the heats big 3 forming had alot to do with them being friends and while it'd make them stronger starting 5 ...it might piss of lebron and wade

4. Williams to Minnesota straight up for Ricky Rubio-no way minny does this

NYKnicksAllDay
01-19-2012, 05:24 AM

Greet
01-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Trade Deron straight up for Rubio? Is that a joke.....

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA holy crap man, those are the worst trade ideas ive ever heard. Why the hell would the Knicks trade one of the best scorers in the game for him, if anything they would trade Amare and see if they'd accept that.

As for your other trades, all ludicrous. Why would OKC do you guys a favor by getting rid of Westbrook and the value he brings at the lower monetary amount for Dwill who will have a tremendous salary if he resigns there (thats assuming he would resign there, more of a reason the trade is crazy)

Im not even going to get into the rest of them, they were all terrible terrible terrible ideas.

Easy there homer. Melo is a good scorer but he's shooting 41%. That's far from being considered one of the best scorers in the league. He's getting 25 ppg on 20 shots. And NO they won't accept Amare.

Westbrook is going to be getting paid so forget about his low salary cause that's not gonna be the case for much longer. OKC isn't trading him though, at least not yet.

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
4. Williams to Minnesota straight up for Ricky Rubio-no way minny does this

What?

I'm not sure what you mean here? Do you mean cause they think D-Will won't stay or because you would do the deal cause Rubio is better?

I sure hope you're thinking along the first lines cause D-Will is miles better then Rubio.

Rockice_8
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM

Dial tone . . . . . . (Knicks GM) "Hello, Hello Billy King are you there?

:facepalm:

abe_froman
01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
What?

I'm not sure what you mean here? Do you mean cause they think D-Will won't stay or because you would do the deal cause Rubio is better?

I sure hope you're thinking along the first lines cause D-Will is miles better then Rubio.

atm? yes he is.projecting forward though? there's a good chance of it changing within the next 5 years.and yes,no way would deron not bolt at the end of the year

elonepb
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I love how Nets fans want to offer bits & pieces for Dwight Howard, a top 5 NBA player, and laughing at Magic fans who are asking for Lebron's, Melo's, Dirk's, etc.

And then we turn around and do the same thing.

JordansBulls
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM

They may be a better team.

Beltrans Mole
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Amare for Williams, not Melo. That'd be more fair considering Williams wants out and Amare is still a good trade piece.

Rockice_8
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Amare for Williams, not Melo. That'd be more fair considering Williams wants out and Amare is still a good trade piece.

Why would you bump this thread with that. The Nets aren't helping NY by giving them the PG they need for a a PF that is uninsured, overpaid, and playing terrible.

It's time to let this thread die, he's not getting traded.

Letting D-Will walk is better then trading him for Amare that's how much the Nets want Amare.

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
I honestly don't want to see anyone gets traded, well maybe (Douglas and fields) until we get a legit point guard...and after the season. Yes Melo and Amare stinks right now but what do you expect, they're not getting the ball in their sweet spot...I watch Amare set a pick roll to the basket and these idiot of a point guard ignores him or shoot a three..

He115ing
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Williams, Humphries for Chalmers and Bosh. Are you kidding me?

Williams- perennial all star one of the best pgs in the league. Humphries- a solid double double guy. For Mr. Inconsistent "Chalmers" and don't touch me I might crumble "Cry baby" Bosh????

Nycbball08
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I love my Knicks, and it's not how you start, it's how you finish...

Beltrans Mole
01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Why would you bump this thread with that. The Nets aren't helping NY by giving them the PG they need for a a PF that is uninsured, overpaid, and playing terrible.

It's time to let this thread die, he's not getting traded.

Letting D-Will walk is better then trading him for Amare that's how much the Nets want Amare.

OK so you know he's not getting traded? What else can you tell me, what about tomorrow's lottery? Please. And Amare is very valuable despite his injuries...he's just not fitting in well with this team. Just as good of a player as Deron when fully utilized.