PDA

View Full Version : The One, The Only: James Dolan Speaks to the Press after Win

J4KOP99
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Just what this team needed...

Dolan showed up after last night's win against the Predators to make a rare appearance in front of the press.

"I'm very proud of the organization," said Dolan. "I'm particularly proud of Mr. Sather because all the way back to 2004, when things weren't going so well, and we had a lot of free agents in here and we basically decided to re-do the strategy. I made a pact, I actually gave him something -- which I'm not going to reveal today -- to seal the pact and said, 'You can't give it back to me until we win the Stanley Cup.' I think we're pretty close to getting that thing back."

Dolan then saw his shadow and retreated for six more years of silence.

Tortorella took over and immediately went to work walking back everything Dolan had to say.

"We just have to go about our business. I have my owner up here talking about a Stanley Cup. That's a bunch of B.S. We need to take one day at a time."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/James-Dolan-Takes-a-Victory-Lap-137557048.html

saintant182
01-18-2012, 06:42 PM
torts wasn't happy. and rightly so.. its could easily have caused unnecessary distraction with the media interest it brings.

the media will ask players their thoughts on it in interviews and torts is rightly worried that his guys start to think ahead. im sure they will control it because they have been well mentored and have all adopted that realism and take every game as it come attitude that torts has worked into them.

but still. it would have been fine if he just come out and praised the team and sather ect.... but leave it at that dont start preaching our name for the stanley cup. that practically sets us up for disappointment and is a bit of a **** you to the league.... teams will be gunning for us even harder now!! christ!!!

YankeeFanAlways
01-18-2012, 08:01 PM
torts wasn't happy. and rightly so.. its could easily have caused unnecessary distraction with the media interest it brings.

the media will ask players their thoughts on it in interviews and torts is rightly worried that his guys start to think ahead. im sure they will control it because they have been well mentored and have all adopted that realism and take every game as it come attitude that torts has worked into them.

but still. it would have been fine if he just come out and praised the team and sather ect.... but leave it at that dont start preaching our name for the stanley cup. that practically sets us up for disappointment and is a bit of a **** you to the league.... teams will be gunning for us even harder now!! christ!!!

Nothing against him personally but I honestly don't think Dolan has enough influence or street cred in the league to have his comments have any effect at all with opposing teams & it's players. Just my opinion.

saintant182
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Nothing against him personally but I honestly don't think Dolan has enough influence or street cred in the league to have his comments have any effect at all with opposing teams & it's players. Just my opinion.

lol i hope so... as all good owners do... they hide away when the seas are a little rough and once their is success they are all of a sudden on the scene showing off their association with that success.