PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Wants To Add J.R. Smith

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-18-2012, 01:07 AM
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/01/17/sources-knicks-looking-to-add-j-r-smith/

And before you tell me they have to wait until March, I see you, however just read this first via the Wall Street Journal as it relates to Smith’s contract in China written by their Bejing reporter.

Sam Vincent, a retired NBA player who is serving as Smith’s personal coach during his stay in China, said the argument has since been resolved, and that the two sides have worked out some compromises on Smith’s living conditions.

It remains to be seen whether the NBA players here will seek ways to get out of their contracts—but it’s unlikely. That’s because the CBA offered no opt-out provisions: Players who signed with their teams would be contractually obligated to play for a full season, which extends into March. Zhao, the Golden Bulls’ general manager, said Smith’s contract with the team includes provisions for the Golden Bulls to be compensated if he doesn’t complete the season. He declined to give financial details. Smith couldn’t be reached for comment.

Multiple sources (waiting on confirmation) have told TKB that the Knicks would love to and are actively looking to add the former Nuggets’ sharpshooter to help their backcourt woes. The team feels that with Smith and Baron Davis in the mix it would allow them to look to make other roster moves and move guards Toney Douglas and Iman Shumpert off the bench. Where that leaves Landry Fields is anyone’s guess. It would also give the team plenty of time to come together before it gets to late in a season that has them at 6-7 on the season and a sputtering young unit in the backcourt struggling with confidence.

The Knicks can offer either their pro-rated room exemption or vet mininum, or slightly less than $2.5 million. (Thanks Dan.)

Federal Reserve
01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
The players have to wait until March before they can sign with a team in the NBA. How about posting this in month or two?

BallIsAll
01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
They don't have enough money but from twitter smith seems interested in the clippers. He will request about 9 mill per year and the Knicks just can't do I hope they find a way so he can start and I see him live :)

Sadds The Gr8
01-18-2012, 01:12 AM
yea, that's exactly what they need. another jacker that plays absolutely no defense at all

Mudvayne91
01-18-2012, 01:13 AM
BOOO!!!! Saddler beat me to it.

Slimsim
01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
I welcome him with open arms

Jint.
01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
They don't have enough money but from twitter smith seems interested in the clippers. He will request about 9 mill per year and the Knicks just can't do I hope they find a way so he can start and I see him live :)

He'd be dirty on the Paper Clips :speechless:

bovice163
01-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Add anoher chucked to the roster, and on top of that he's a basket case? And on top of that his basket case, Asian choking sister will be there too?! Good luck to theKnicks.

BallIsAll
01-18-2012, 01:21 AM

That would be the highest scoring team in the nba lol Paul would make him a superstar

nycericanguy
01-18-2012, 01:24 AM

he can request that all he wants, no one is going to pay him that. Besides, for 1 month his prorated salary will be next to nothing. He got paid in China this year, he'll probably finish the year out on a small vet min or MLE type deal and then look to get paid again this summer. Same with Kmart. NY still has their MMLE so they should be able to sign either or both for the final month.

NY is one of the few should be playoff teams that can guarantee him a starting spot as well.

MackShock
01-18-2012, 01:26 AM
they want kenyon martin too...

ManningToTyree
01-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Please God NO! What a horrible fit for this team

Mudvayne91
01-18-2012, 01:28 AM
I actually would like Kmart much more on the Knicks than JR. Obviously he'd be coming off the bench though.

MackShock
01-18-2012, 01:29 AM

im pretty sure the clippers cant afford that either

Kenny
01-18-2012, 01:32 AM
So many people commenting that don't have a clue about the Knicks problems this year. Who si the Knicks 3rd option as a scorer???? Iman Shumpert? The Knicks struggle to find offense with a lot of the lineups they put out on the floor.

people just see Amare and Melo and assume the knicks are this powerhouse offensively and don't play defense when this year those things couldn't be further then the truth

BallIsAll
01-18-2012, 01:41 AM
So many people commenting that don't have a clue about the Knicks problems this year. Who si the Knicks 3rd option as a scorer???? Iman Shumpert? The Knicks struggle to find offense with a lot of the lineups they put out on the floor.

people just see Amare and Melo and assume the knicks are this powerhouse offensively and don't play defense when this year those things couldn't be further then the truth

Everyone knows their problems lol. They suck ***

Hellcrooner
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
hum , just waht the doctor ordered, more selfish offense to go along with no effort in D, no will to pass the ball ever and to top it being a thug and a *******.....

:facepalm:

nysportsfan02
01-18-2012, 01:45 AM
"Knicks want to add JR Smith"

Im sure they'd love to add Dwight Howard and Deron Williams, too.

shep33
01-18-2012, 01:50 AM
They need a pg badly

MackShock
01-18-2012, 01:57 AM
but they have iman...

and if not, then bibby, and davis

adidas2307
01-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Go ahead, New York.

meloman1592
01-18-2012, 02:02 AM
This would only be a good move if baron davis is healthy...if Davis is his regular fat, injured self, there's no point because their already bad ball movement would be PUTRID. If however Davis can revert to at least 2010 clippers Davis, the Knicks would light up every NBA arena

Cal827
01-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Sweet Jesus. The Egos :facepalm:

RenegadeRiot36
01-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Are the Knicks TRYING to make a collection of players with the least amount of coherence between them? Why dont they try and get Montae Ellis too and fill the PG position with another person that demands the ball...

Evolution23
01-18-2012, 03:52 AM
The players have to wait until March before they can sign with a team in the NBA. How about posting this in month or two?

Who is that girl in your sig?

Master Mind
01-18-2012, 04:03 AM
So is he able to get out of China earlier or does he still have to wait till March?

BrooklynBornKid
01-18-2012, 04:08 AM
By the time we are able to sign him we will know wat we have wit baron. It's for the rest of the year no long term attachment he is a upgrade over Landry & walker a cheap one at that low risk high reward. Get it done Knicks

Punk
01-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Not sure why the Knicks get so much hate here. It's real sad and immature.

The Knicks are struggling due to lack of offense outside of Melo. Everyone is shooting career low numbers, Amare is in a massive funk and he has no confidence in his game right now. Similar to Lamar Odom.

JR Smith would be the perfect Sixth Man but I highly doubt he'd sign here for 2.5 million.

Hellcrooner
01-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Are the Knicks TRYING to make a collection of players with the least amount of coherence between them? Why dont they try and get Montae Ellis too and fill the PG position with another person that demands the ball...

Iverson? :D

D1JM
01-18-2012, 05:06 AM
So is he able to get out of China earlier or does he still have to wait till March?

March Sir.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Who is that girl in your sig?

:facepalm:

theheatles
01-18-2012, 09:14 AM
another black hole?

daleja424
01-18-2012, 09:28 AM
First of all...we are like 2 months away from Smith even be eligible to play in the NBA.

Hell the Knicks could have played themselves out of the playoffs by then at the rate they are going and with a condensed season. Im not saying they will. In fact I expect them to turn it around soon....BUT my point is that it is a little silly to start talking about what the Knicks might be able to do 40 games from now...

Rockice_8
01-18-2012, 09:43 AM
They need a pg badly

This ^^^

They need a guy who can get the ball to Melo and Amare in position to just attack not let them go one on one all the time with zero ball movement. There's a reason they are one of the worst passing teams in the league.

While Shump is no PG and isn't a very good shooter I do believe he has made an impact on this team on the defensive end take him out of the line and replace him with a career 43% shooter that plays no D and you'll be back to the same old Knicks high scoring and no D. Chandler will have so much pressure on him with zero perimeter D.

PhillyBoomerang
01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Apparently the Knicks want all the former Nuggets players playing in China lol

d nuggets fan
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
I guess I get the Knicks are looking for that added piece to stop the pain, but I don't see JR helping - forget he is immature in the locker room, and that he ISO nightmare, seemingly only cares about making ESPN's top 10 plays and that he takes a ton of bad shots, but my concern is he is really crappy at defense and a head case. Besides that when he is in the zone shooting - he can change the game, but is it worth it for 1 game out of 10.

If you wanna keep adding pieces that don't make sense - by all means sign JR.

Ill21
01-18-2012, 03:41 PM

There is not a chance in hell he will get 9 mil per year

omdigga
01-18-2012, 04:11 PM
the knicks arent gonna get jr smith.. for the same reason we didnt try and bring nate back..

MTL_123
01-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Te Knicks want everyone Nash JR K-Mart etc but the thing is their not getting him JR is gonna get paid no way he takes a pay cut just play for the knicks

smith&wesson
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
they dont need another scorer

knicks=love

:laugh: i get it

sixer04fan
If Baron Davis isn't the missing piece for a championship, JR Smith certainly is.

knicks=love
01-18-2012, 04:29 PM
the knicks arent gonna get jr smith.. for the same reason we didnt try and bring nate back..

nate and d'antoni don't work well together, so that's why nate isn't in new york.

310Casper
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Why not right now?

How made you the king of threadmaking rules/statute of limitations? :facepalm:

RLundi
01-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure why the Knicks get so much hate here. It's real sad and immature.

:rolleyes:

The internet clearly isn't for everyone.