PDA

View Full Version : How bout them Bulls

Slimsim
01-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I have them as the favorites to win it All

Thoughts ?

Bullsfan22
01-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Nope, the Heat should be the favorites in my opinion.

Blah Blah Blah
01-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Anything can happen but, in my opinion the Miami Heat should be the favorites.

kjoke
01-18-2012, 12:49 AM
two bulls fans in front of me say HEAT, so I'll do the same trend

Bulls are favorites imo

bam

giants73756
01-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Heat are the favorites as long as Wade is hurt.

Baller1
01-18-2012, 12:50 AM
After the Heat, I think OKC and Chicago are the next in line.

I don't like putting one over the other, they seem extremely similar.

More-Than-Most
01-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Feel sorry for whichever team has to play the sixers Lol

John Walls Era
01-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I wish they went easy on the Suns today. I thought the Suns would at least cover the spread.

They're obviously a favorite in the East.

1-800-STFU
01-18-2012, 12:54 AM
The Bulls are far deeper so this shortened season might favor them.....but Heat have to be favorites so long as Wade/Bron/Bosh stay healthy.

Big Zo
01-18-2012, 12:56 AM
That guy from that team grew 2 inches.

cubbies7177
01-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Honestly, i hate the inconsistency I see from this team offensively...

We haven't really seen what Rip can do.. since his injury has sidelined him from most of our important games. We need to decrease the turnovers and improve our finishing.

Lakerhead4ever
01-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Bulls did this same thing last yr and ran out of energy in the playoffs.

As far as the favorites to win it all, heat, bulls, thunder in that order

5ass
01-18-2012, 01:06 AM
i like the bulls, they built a good team around rose, their coach is a genius, and they are very deep. I do think Rose needs a bit more help though, Rip could be that guy, but hopefully his injuries dont hinder him and he steps it up. I want to see them put up a good fight vs miami as i see them both making the ecf.

davids22
01-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Very talented team that's for sure and could probably nab the #1 seed in the East, but I still have to go with the Heat as favorites in the East, Chicago a close second.

Heat, Bulls, Thunder in that order.

akagiredsuns
01-18-2012, 01:14 AM
It's sad that Bulls fans here don't have any faith in their team and are sweating the Heat's nuts. Why don't you take your traitor opinions to South Beach? :facepalm:

MJ-BULLS
01-18-2012, 01:14 AM
I still think the heat are the favs, but honestly, i want my team to be the underdog. play with a chimp on our shoulder. Maybe that way we can take down the heat.

Kyben36
01-18-2012, 01:16 AM
Favorites will be the heat no doubt, ESPN drules on the nuts all day long ( sorry, but its true)

Its really to early to tell, one bad injury to Deng, Boozer, Noah or especaily Rose could change things big time. its so early its hard to say, but we have had some games where we look great, and others where we look pretty bad as well.

My statement, far to early to call us favorites, or even to say we will be the number one seed.

Cool007
01-18-2012, 01:16 AM
I think the injuries that Bulls are having and how Boozer and Noah haven't played upto their capabilities certainly will help down the road - why?

1 - Because of injuries, the guys like Rose/Rip/CJ etc will not be tired come playoff time. The schedule gets lighter at the end since Bulls played the MOST games of any teams so far and Most games on the road as well.

2 - Noah and Boozer not playing like their actual games, meaning Thibs benching them a lot while Taj and Asik getting a lot of minutes and learning to close the games and are ELITE at that. So that would mean our frontcourt is not putting in ton of minutes like they did last year.

As long as the whole team is healthy, Bulls will give Heat the most fight. I still think Heat will win it all though. Heat have best of BOTH worlds - They are pretty ELITE offensively AND Defensively. They also have 3 star players (2 superstars) so they can have off night 1 game and still win.

Bulls on the other hand, if Rose is blitzed and is not shooting well, the whole team will struggle as no other true 2nd star player to help out.

We shall see what happens this year in the playoffs. I will be curiously watching to see how Rose has learned to deal with Heat's and LeBron's defense this time around.

Until then, Heat should be the favorites. OKC is also a sexy pick out of West.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulls vs Lakers Finals though.

Kyben36
01-18-2012, 01:17 AM
I still think the heat are the favs, but honestly, i want my team to be the underdog. play with a chimp on our shoulder. Maybe that way we can take down the heat.

Its allways good to play with a CHIMP ON YOUR SHOLDER, LOL

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID24390/images/100308201140conan.jpg

Kyben36
01-18-2012, 01:22 AM
i like the bulls, they built a good team around rose, their coach is a genius, and they are very deep. I do think Rose needs a bit more help though, Rip could be that guy, but hopefully his injuries dont hinder him and he steps it up. I want to see them put up a good fight vs miami as i see them both making the ecf.

Rip, when playing, has been what I would call most excelent for us, surprisingly, he is a better play makers than I thought he would be, he has like 5+ assist in a bunch of games this year when he has been healthy. I didnt know he was capable of that.

Ezio
01-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Depends on injuries.......

Heat/Bulls/OKC

adidas2307
01-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Its allways good to play with a CHIMP ON YOUR SHOLDER, LOL

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID24390/images/100308201140conan.jpg

:laugh: I was totally going to do something very similar to what you just did.

Mudvayne91
01-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Nuggets whooped the Heat! We're favorites, right? J/k.

Call me crazy, but those damn Thunder could give anyone a run for their money. Best record in the league so far in arguably the best division.

To early to say who is favorites imo though.

5ass
01-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Rip, when playing, has been what I would call most excelent for us, surprisingly, he is a better play makers than I thought he would be, he has like 5+ assist in a bunch of games this year when he has been healthy. I didnt know he was capable of that.

Im not surprised, Rip is a very well rounded player. I've been a fan since he first came to detroit. He has put up close to 5 assists per game a few times.

dnewguy
01-18-2012, 01:31 AM

:laugh2:

Mudvayne91
01-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Ha, great catch. I'd imagine a chimp would drag ya down.

Team*Chicago
01-18-2012, 01:54 AM
I say the the Bulls are the favorites after that upgrade at the SG spot, then the heat since they barely did anything over the summer besides add another SF in Battier but the Thunder is no joke and they would give someone a heavy run for their money and skate through the west.

MackShock
01-18-2012, 01:56 AM
the bulls will make round 3

Cal827
01-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Y'all are stupid. The Raptors will rise from the dead and start killing everybody... which reminds me, when this occurs please stay in your house people :D.

Seriously though, I've got MIA/OKC/CHI. It all depends on what that **** Boozer does in the playoffs, cause if he gave Rose a little Help, they would have likely have at least went to 7 games.

HowBoutDemBulls
01-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I know I'm awesome, thanks for making a thread about me

Rockice_8
01-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Nope it's the Heat without question, they have 3 of the 4 best players on the floor.

Bulls can absolutely win though but they're not favored.

Heatcheck
01-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I know I'm awesome, thanks for making a thread about me

yea, its about time you got your due

theheatles
01-18-2012, 10:17 AM
bulls are probably the favorites to get the #1 seed but certainly not the favs for the championship

effen5
01-18-2012, 10:21 AM
They should absolutely be a favorite. Haven't been healthy all year and they are playing RIDICULOUS defense right now.

From the Bulls forum

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7471192&_slug_=chicago-bulls-defense-continues-improve-nba&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7471192%26_slug_%3dchicago-bulls-defense-continues-improve-nba

The defensive numbers the Chicago Bulls have been putting up this season, especially at home, are hard to wrap your mind around.

Think of it like this: there are five NCAA Division I men's basketball programs in Chicago. Three of those teams play slow-down basketball, especially Loyola-Chicago, one of the most deliberate teams in the country. Collectively, those five teams have allowed an average of 65.7 points in 40 home games this season. Meanwhile, the Bulls -- who, we'll point out, play in the National Basketball Association -- have allowed 66.8 points in five games at the United Center. Four of Chicago's five home opponents have scored fewer than 70 points this season. Last season there were just five instances in which a team scored fewer than 70 -- in the entire league.

Even after Chicago endured one of those heavy-footed losses on Monday, the type that are going to be so prevalent in this NBA season of nightmarish scheduling, it still leads the league by allowing just 85.0 points per game. In other words, it's hard to argue with the contention that the Bulls are the best defensive team in the league.

(For the students of tempo-free analysis out there who know that it isn't the Bulls, but instead the Philadelphia 76ers who rank first in the league in pace-adjusted defensive efficiency, it's worth noting that Chicago jumps ahead of Philly once the numbers are adjusted for opponent strength.)

Last season, a dominant Bulls defense ranked second to the Boston Celtics when it allowed 91.3 points per contest. Is the Bulls' defense really 6.3 points per game better than last season? At this rate, Chicago would allow the sixth fewest points per game of the shot clock era (1954-55 to present).

In order to answer the question, you have to account for the league-wide drop in offensive efficiency. The average team last season scored 104.5 points per 100 possessions, whereas this year that number has plummeted to 99.97. (We include the extra decimal on the latter to illustrate that the average has fallen to less than a point per possession.) Overall, the average team is scoring five fewer points per game than last season. Thank you, lockout.

The Bulls led the league last season by posting a defensive efficiency of 97.4 points per 100 possessions, which was 6.8 percent better than the league average. Chicago's 91.7 defensive efficiency figure this season is 8.3 percent better than the league average, so on that basis you can say that the Bulls are even better on the defensive end.

So how do the Bulls do it?

bbcmillionaire
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I've still got the heat, but I think we matchup the best with them.

ILMindState
01-18-2012, 10:44 AM
It's sad that Bulls fans here don't have any faith in their team and are sweating the Heat's nuts. Why don't you take your traitor opinions to South Beach? :facepalm:

If Bulls fans say Bulls would win they'd be labeled homers
If they don't they're traitors

Yup thats fair. :rolleyes:

Cub_StuckinSTL
01-18-2012, 10:47 AM

Like this? (http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/007/cache/young-chimp_763_600x450.jpg)

pd1dish
01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
If a Bulls fan thinks their team is going to win it all, we get called homers or Heat "haters" or Rose gets attacked in some way. If we say the Heat are the favorites (which is my pick to win it) we get called traitors lol. Its just being realistic...we don't have the scoring to beat the Heat unless we get great production out of Boozer, Deng, AND Hamilton.

tbone2171
01-18-2012, 10:53 AM

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=2096;preview

Blah Blah Blah
01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
If bulls fans here say bulls should be favorites we would be called homers real quick and get mugged by comments. While I think Miami really are the favorites, I do believe along with most bulls fans that the Bulls can win though in a 7 game series.

Heatcheck
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
You dont get it, your suppose to blindly pick your team no matter what, or your not a fan. just like, if someone says something to you that you dont like on the street, your suppose to fight him, or your not a real man

justinnum1
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
nope, they have the depth for the regular season and very well might have the best record again, but that doesn't mean much. i dont think they have enough options to get through the heat. the heats d can be just as good as Chicago's, but i think miami has more and better options to score when the game gets close. Plus rose has to show that he can get passed lebron. But rose is having an injury concern and that turf toe just doesn't go away, and deng will be burnt out by the semis. imo

Should be a great ECF.

giants73756
01-18-2012, 01:21 PM

I didn't know we had to be delusional in order to be Bulls fans. Just because we are Bulls fans doesn't mean we have to think we are the best team.

All Wizards fans who don't think their team is the best are traitors and should also move to South Beach. :rolleyes:

Raph12
01-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Looks like they can function without their MVP, they're very deep, but in the playoffs all you need is 8-9 guys... Heat are the favs.

sep11ie
01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
How bout that Bulls Forum.

Fnom11
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I'd say the Heat and Bulls both have a 45% chance to win with OKC having a 10%. If Wade comes back and plays well then it raises the Heats chances drastically.

giants73756
01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
So the rest of the league has a combined 0%?

I really wish some of the people in the NBA forum were oddsmakers. I could make some nice money. Btw I think OKC is at 5-1 right now to win the championship.

Evolution23
01-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't sleep on the Bulls, they look so dominant every time I see them play. The Heat look more inconsistent and idk if Lebron will play well down the strech like he did in the Bulls series. Hamilton's addition is a big move too, it will make Wade less effective on offense.

JordansBulls
01-18-2012, 02:23 PM

Heat are favorites, but the Bulls can beat them.

Badluck33
01-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Bulls are over-rated. Especially their defense. Rose is also over-rated and Thibs wasn't worth Coach of the Year.

Bulls had an easy schedule and teams are probably getting paid by David Stern to lay down for Bulls.

Heat will win the Superbowl this year.

Edit:

Heat will also win the World Series and probably be good enough to win a World Cup in 2012 after they win their 3rd ring.

ModernDaySavage
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Pretty funny at the super homer bulls fan getting pissed at the semi objective bulls fans.

--23--
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
f--- that i'm being a homer; Bulls winning it all this year :rock: :laugh2:

chitown815
01-18-2012, 02:49 PM
the bulls and Heat can do what they want in the regular season but in the end they are doomed the Knicks have Iman Shumpert

bovice163
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Pacers are the favorites for obvious reasons.

blahblahyoutoo
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
The Bulls are far deeper so this shortened season might favor them.....but Heat have to be favorites so long as Wade/Bron/Bosh stay healthy.

haslem, battier, cole, miller beg to differ.

chitown815
01-18-2012, 03:10 PM
I know w/o battier who is gonna get 3.8 pts on 34 % shooting

justinnum1
01-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Pretty funny at the super homer bulls fan getting pissed at the semi objective bulls fans.

lol

celmxc
01-18-2012, 03:23 PM
... it all depends on Rose 3 pt shot and mid range shot... if he can hit those consistently then they can beat the heat in the playoffs... I think they also need home court advantage LOL

Chi StateOfMind
01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Heat are favorites but doesnt guarantee nothing. If Rose gets help this time around it will be close. What people forget is the Bulls were in postion to win EVERY game but didnt have the firepower to match Miami. This year we have a way better SG and hopefully will take the Heat out. OKC is beasts too btw.

king4day
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Was this thread created because they beat a terrible Suns team last night?
If so, look a day prior to them getting drubbed by Memphis.

I dunno if they're the best. Will Boozer and Noah shoot well from the field all year? Then yea.

ChiSoxJuan
01-18-2012, 03:50 PM
They should absolutely be a favorite. Haven't been healthy all year and they are playing RIDICULOUS defense right now.

From the Bulls forum

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=7471192&_slug_=chicago-bulls-defense-continues-improve-nba&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fstory%3fid%3d7471192%26_slug_%3dchicago-bulls-defense-continues-improve-nba
How do they do it? Noah is everywhere. Just watch the games & focus on the man. Thibs has him sacrificing his stat sheet to make the team better. I can't wait to see how this will work vs the Heat.

BULLSFAN0810
01-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Bulls imo are inexperienced.but in this soft nba, anything can happen.its hard to go against miami with the big 3, but they can't really guard Rose and or team is deeper and has gained a year of experience

justinnum1
01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Bulls imo are inexperienced.but in this soft nba, anything can happen.its hard to go against miami with the big 3, but they can't really guard Rose and or team is deeper and has gained a year of experience

Wrong. Lebron had no problems guarding rose. Will that happen again, who knows. But he has shown he can guard rose.

Jakepeavy1344
01-18-2012, 04:02 PM

I dunno if they're the best. Will Boozer and Noah shoot well from the field all year? Then yea.

Lol, drubbed by memphis without Rose. Which is why he is MVP, because when we had him we destroyed them by 40 on New Years...

Ray
01-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Wrong. Lebron had no problems guarding rose. Will that happen again, who knows. But he has shown he can guard rose.

Deng has improved from last year, it's going to be harder to let Lebron guard Rose as Deng has become more of a threat This year. Although I still think the Heat would win in a 7 games series, the Bulls I feel have improved more than the Heat this past year and will make it a more competitive series.

Law25
01-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Lakers Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To soon? I'll wait until we host the trophy this year :D

ricjasy
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I think they r heat fans get yur *** outta here Chicago winning this yr we hav a better team then them we ready we complete we hav to stop wade and we will win 2012 Obama we goin to the white house c u there

Muttman73
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Hurry up April...

Go Bulls

ghettosean
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
I am the biggest heat hater on the planet and I have also been dilusional to say that the heat won't win this year and this team and that team will knock them out in the playoffs.

I think the heat have the best chance to win it all this year in the east then Chicago (though if Hamilton works out then who knows). OKC has the best chance in the west and honestly I'm not sure who would be next in line after them.

MTL_123
01-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Deng has improved from last year, it's going to be harder to let Lebron guard Rose as Deng has become more of a threat This year. Although I still think the Heat would win in a 7 games series, the Bulls I feel have improved more than the Heat this past year and will make it a more competitive series.

DEng did get alot better but thats why we have battier his defense is still really good. With Battier it allows wade not to guard deng in the 4th Q like last year in the playoffs

Ray
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
DEng did get alot better but thats why we have battier his defense is still really good. With Battier it allows wade not to guard deng in the 4th Q like last year in the playoffs

It's going to be cool seeing two Dukies going after each other when Lebron isn't guarding Rose. The addition of Rip is also going to force Wade to play some defense this time around rather than last year when it was basically 4 on 5 when the Bulls were on offense.

chitown815
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM

but now wade has to guard rip hamilton, who has always given wade more fits than deng, The way the Heat killed the Bulls was having bogans as no threat and rely on deng, so when rose kicked out to deng while being double teamed a man was still on deng, now put rip in one corner and deng in the other and boozer is knocking his midrange jumper, you can't put lebron, and wade both on rose anymore

justinnum1
01-18-2012, 04:49 PM
but now wade has to guard rip hamilton, who has always given wade more fits than deng, The way the Heat killed the Bulls was having bogans as no threat and rely on deng, so when rose kicked out to deng while being double teamed a man was still on deng, now put rip in one corner and deng in the other and boozer is knocking his midrange jumper, you can't put lebron, and wade both on rose anymore

Bogans barley played...Wade can afford to focus on defense and other things, we dont need him scoring a lot to win. Miami has plenty of offensive options. Miami's d is plenty fast and versatile enough that all our guys can switch...bottom line is can someone other than rose make a bucket.

metsbulls1025
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM

It is funny how you slam Rose for his 4th quarter and not being able to get passed Lebron, however your boy has been failing for what 9 years now after being the favorite for how many of those? Rose had his first run with his established team last year. New coach, new system, and new team and we had the best record and got to the ECF. You and others act like Rose has been coming up short for 10 years. There is barley any sample size of what will happen to Rose in the playoffs, yet we have it set in stone that he will have problems.

MTL_123
01-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Bogans barley played he played like 10 mins a game that series

latinofire21
01-18-2012, 05:14 PM

How big a monkey is going to be on your teams shoulders? Are we talking baby Chimpanzee or Massive Gorilla?

Sofnr
01-18-2012, 05:18 PM
The Heat are the favorites until proven otherwise. The Bulls have a solid shot of getting the top seed in the East if Rose can get over the turf toe but as last year showed the Heat are very hard to beat in the playoffs. We havn't seen Rip and Rose together much yet so its hard to comment on our backcourt. Boozer and Noah need to play better on a consistent basis. I think the Bulls can beat the Heat in a 7 game series but the Heat should remain the favorites until the Bulls do.

Blah Blah Blah
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
To the heat fans who are downplaying the hamilton for bogans part and exaggerating the battier part.... hamilton will be in the game instead of bogans/brewer on offense in those situations meaning with lebron having to cover rose, wade on hamilton and battier on deng, means that it gives rose another option to give the ball to down the stretch in hamilton because wade can't cheat over to rose like before off of hamilton.

It's really funny that, especially the heat fans calling bulls fans homers when they like chicago but don't seem to be calling themselves that with their lovefest of their beloved maimi heat team. It's as if everyone has to say miami will win/team to beat/absolutely best city in the whole world etc. for the heat fans to to get on the poster's case.

Blah Blah Blah
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM

13-3 dude with 10 road games already. Every team has bad games.

Shmontaine
01-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Bogans barley played...Wade can afford to focus on defense and other things, we dont need him scoring a lot to win. Miami has plenty of offensive options. Miami's d is plenty fast and versatile enough that all our guys can switch...bottom line is can someone other than rose make a bucket.

Here are some splits for you guys...

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=7bd3738eba&view=att&th=134f2bacd2c6ad7d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gxkv8qb80&zw

Keith played his fair share of minutes. granted, not 'starter' minutes. but to say Keith barely played is wrong. Rip replacing him is going to be much more trouble for the heat IMO... and i'm pretty sure the heat needed every point they got that series... it's not like they ONLY need to focus on defense...

also, these stats for rip are his first six games with the bulls, i think he will get better as the season progresses and rip becomes more comfortable with this team...

the heat are the favorites right now, but i wouldn't be surprised to see the bulls upsetting the bulls this year..

kozelkid
01-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I love how so many Heat fans take "favorites" to mean they'll win.

Of course they're favorites. They literally were JUST playing in the finals. And deserve at least that much respect.

With all that said, we've seen what happens to favorites come tournament time (see: Green Bay, LSU, Ohio State, Philadelphia Phillies, etc). Nothing is a guarantee.

And I love the chumps who think Lebron "shut" down Rose. :laugh2: He guarded him for like all of 2 minutes per game and with the help of the overall team defense. If Lebron truly could shut Rose down on his own, don't you think he'd be guarding him all game?

And finally, to those who point to Bogans only playing 10mpg. True. But that's 10 minutes in an incredibly close and highly contested series where 3 out of the 5 games, Bulls led going into the 4th. It certainly makes a difference.

Either way, assuming the two teams meet, it should be an exciting series. Miami at least deserve the respect of being the favorites, but I do think it will be a long, tough series.

Bullsfan22
01-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Heat fans are basically in denial. Ok, Bogans didn't play much but we wasn't replacing him with a solid two way player like Rip.

I look forward to Lebron guarding Rose again with Rip,lu and Boozer on the court to make them pay.

The Heat deserve to be the favorites but they won't be able to win the same way with the addition of rip.

Rose is also an improved pick and roll player, this will shine late in games.

If the heat are depending on battier to chase rip or slow down Deng they're in for a rude awakening. Lu and rip aren't one on one players, they work hard off the ball and that really nutralizes what Shane does best on defense.

MTL_123
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Of course they're favorites. They literally were JUST playing in the finals. And deserve at least that much respect.

With all that said, we've seen what happens to favorites come tournament time (see: Green Bay, LSU, Ohio State, Philadelphia Phillies, etc). Nothing is a guarantee.

And I love the chumps who think Lebron "shut" down Rose. :laugh2: He guarded him for like all of 2 minutes per game and with the help of the overall team defense. If Lebron truly could shut Rose down on his own, don't you think he'd be guarding him all game?

And finally, to those who point to Bogans only playing 10mpg. True. But that's 10 minutes in an incredibly close and highly contested series where 3 out of the 5 games, Bulls led going into the 4th. It certainly makes a difference.

Either way, assuming the two teams meet, it should be an exciting series. Miami at least deserve the respect of being the favorites, but I do think it will be a long, tough series.

yo more bulls fans are saying that the heats are the favorites than heats fan

WeBallin
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
I mean what about the Bulla? They 13-3 okay big deal!.....lol Jordan legacy has bulls fans dilusional, I mean if they were 13-2 i would be seein threads on about them bein able to challenge 72-10 bulls...hahaha unbelievable !

blahblahyoutoo
01-18-2012, 06:44 PM

favorites are favorites to win?
how can that be?
makes no sense at all!!!

Big Zo
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Derrick Rose is so humble...

kozelkid
01-18-2012, 07:04 PM
favorites are favorites to win?
how can that be?
makes no sense at all!!!

Learn reading comprehension.

Favorites ≠going win.

All it means is that they have the higher probability to win.

yo more bulls fans are saying that the heats are the favorites than heats fan

I'm saying they're favorites to win as well...

Cubby
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM

You ever think that maybe its because he was utterly useless?

bucketss
01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
To the heat fans who are downplaying the hamilton for bogans part and exaggerating the battier part.... hamilton will be in the game instead of bogans/brewer on offense in those situations meaning with lebron having to cover rose, wade on hamilton and battier on deng, means that it gives rose another option to give the ball to down the stretch in hamilton because wade can't cheat over to rose like before off of hamilton.

It's really funny that, especially the heat fans calling bulls fans homers when they like chicago but don't seem to be calling themselves that with their lovefest of their beloved maimi heat team. It's as if everyone has to say miami will win/team to beat/absolutely best city in the whole world etc. for the heat fans to to get on the poster's case.

wade had one of his worst series ever, doubt that happens again.. so how are the bulls going to adjust to wade now?

kozelkid
01-18-2012, 07:13 PM
wade had one of his worst series ever, doubt that happens again.. so how are the bulls going to adjust to wade now?

Two can play that game. And Lebron was absolutely unconscious from 3 at nearly 48% which is way, way, WAY above his career average and Bosh shot over 60% from the field. Doubt those things ever going to happen again either as evident by the Dallas series.

Meanwhile Korver was absolutely brutal from 3 at around 29%. Which is way, way, well you get the drift.

KaganRS
01-18-2012, 07:17 PM
HEAT and BULLS.

It's like a 1A 1B kind of thing.

it's hard to pick against either one.

SportsFanatic10
01-18-2012, 07:47 PM
just a couple thoughts i had while reading this thread:

some bulls fans saying dengs improved...so has chalmers

some bulls fans saying they added rip while the heat did nothing...cole and battier isn't nothing and curry might provide some decent minutes at center. the guys lost 90 pounds now and might be playing thursday against the lakers which i'm looking forward to seeing.

bottom line...the heat are and should be the favourites but the bulls will make it a tough series and you never know the outcome ahead of time come playoffs.

USMCLaker
01-18-2012, 07:52 PM
The Bulls are hardly ever talked about and deserve more credit than what they get in the media. Also, IMO Rose is the best player in the league he carried a the Bulls to the best record in the league last year and this year above stacked all star teams.

I am Smart
01-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Anything can happen but, in my opinion the Miami Heat should be the favorites.

Both of you should be temp-banned until the next time the Bulls win the championship

I am Smart
01-18-2012, 09:14 PM
just a couple thoughts i had while reading this thread:

some bulls fans saying dengs improved...so has chalmers

some bulls fans saying they added rip while the heat did nothing...cole and battier isn't nothing and curry might provide some decent minutes at center. the guys lost 90 pounds now and might be playing thursday against the lakers which i'm looking forward to seeing.

bottom line...the heat are and should be the favourites but the bulls will make it a tough series and you never know the outcome ahead of time come playoffs.
Dear Lord, that's your argument?

Chalmers shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Deng, unless that is in the structure of "Deng is much better than Chalmers"

Cole has been a nice surprise but Battier hasn't done jack and neither has Curry. RIP has been injured and is already better than having Cole/Battier/Curry.

So no, the bottom line isn't the Heat being favorites. How about they get 1st in their own division before being mentioned as favorites to a team that is 1st in the entire league.

SportsFanatic10
01-18-2012, 09:27 PM

Chalmers shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Deng, unless that is in the structure of "Deng is much better than Chalmers"

Cole has been a nice surprise but Battier hasn't done jack and neither has Curry. RIP has been injured and is already better than having Cole/Battier/Curry.

So no, the bottom line isn't the Heat being favorites. How about they get 1st in their own division before being mentioned as favorites to a team that is 1st in the entire league.

so dengs better then chalmers of course i know that. just saying chalmers has improved.

battier does plenty that doesn't show up on the stats sheet so think whatever you want about him but you really need to watch him to know his value.

i'll also add a healthy haslem getting 10 rebs off the bench and a healthy miller are big improvements that the heat didn't have last year. yeah they played in the series but were very limited in what they could do.

heres why the heat are the favs. if the heat put out a healthy lineup of wade/miller/lebron/haslem/bosh in crunch time i don't think the bulls can beat them.

piaband
01-19-2012, 12:06 AM
I just want to clear something up. The bulls did not run out of energy last year. They had important players get injuries right before the playoffs.

1. Ronnie brewer got hurt a little earlier than others, his jumpshot never came back to where it was before the injury. You can see how much improved it is this year.

2. Rose hurt his wrist I believe (or ankle, can't remember) but his jumper was flat and just not the same after that. He got hurt right before the playoffs or very early into them.

3. Boozer hurt his foot, had no lift, and was a shadow of his regular season self.

Deng played more minutes than anyone on the bulls and maybe anyone in the league. He was our most consistent player.

Team*Chicago
01-19-2012, 12:26 AM
so dengs better then chalmers of course i know that. just saying chalmers has improved.

battier does plenty that doesn't show up on the stats sheet so think whatever you want about him but you really need to watch him to know his value.

i'll also add a healthy haslem getting 10 rebs off the bench and a healthy miller are big improvements that the heat didn't have last year. yeah they played in the series but were very limited in what they could do.

heres why the heat are the favs. if the heat put out a healthy lineup of wade/miller/lebron/haslem/bosh in crunch time i don't think the bulls can beat them.

The Bulls still > heat. The heat were on a 3 game losing streak and they aren't even the best team in their division but the Bulls are the best team in the entire NBA and you can't say that about the heat because they aren't. Even the Thunder > heat.

SportsFanatic10
01-19-2012, 12:42 AM
The Bulls still > heat. The heat were on a 3 game losing streak and they aren't even the best team in their division but the Bulls are the best team in the entire NBA and you can't say that about the heat because they aren't. Even the Thunder > heat.

wow lol. some of you bulls fans just love your regular season. how can you say bulls are "still better" then the heat when they clearly weren't last year. so they have a better record again so far this season. will it matter in a playoff series besides the whole home court thing? thats the question and last year it obviously didn't. i heard this same crap last year from most bulls fans leading up to the series lol. and it was only like a week ago that the heat had the best record in the league, don't jump so quickly to conclusions.

theheatles
01-19-2012, 12:44 AM

can chalmers be mentioned in the same sentence as rose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDvbTrE8VBo

JJ_JKidd
01-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I have them as the favorites to win it All

Thoughts ?

OK :facepalm:

BcEuAbRsS
01-19-2012, 12:56 AM
can chalmers be mentioned in the same sentence as rose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDvbTrE8VBo

Sure, why not...

Once you are done comparing Rose to Chalmers take a peek at this for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoOhYU5FbU

Team*Chicago
01-19-2012, 01:02 AM
wow lol. some of you bulls fans just love your regular season. how can you say bulls are "still better" then the heat when they clearly weren't last year. so they have a better record again so far this season. will it matter in a playoff series besides the whole home court thing? thats the question and last year it obviously didn't. i heard this same crap last year from most bulls fans leading up to the series lol. and it was only like a week ago that the heat had the best record in the league, don't jump so quickly to conclusions.

The Phillies were the favorites to win the World Series but got eliminated by an team(Cardinals) that barely made the playoffs in the 1st round.

The Packers were the favorites to win the Superbowl but got eliminated in the 2nd round by a team that didn't stand a chance of winning against them(Giants).

Now the heat are the favorites to win the championship and watch them not win the championship aswell.

We've seen the favorites not win their championship 2 times already in the other major sports and what makes you think it won't happen again for the 3rd time in this major sport.

The heat got 3 stars and a solid player now but can that only solid player play consistently like the Bulls solid players and can the heat win multiple games without their stars like the Bulls?

theheatles
01-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Sure, why not...

Once you are done comparing Rose to Chalmers take a peek at this for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoOhYU5FbU

:yawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQf3TqoHj7g

:sleep:

SportsFanatic10
01-19-2012, 01:34 AM
The Phillies were the favorites to win the World Series but got eliminated by an team(Cardinals) that barely made the playoffs in the 1st round.

The Packers were the favorites to win the Superbowl but got eliminated in the 2nd round by a team that didn't stand a chance of winning against them(Giants).

Now the heat are the favorites to win the championship and watch them not win the championship aswell.

We've seen the favorites not win their championship 2 times already in the other major sports and what makes you think it won't happen again for the 3rd time in this major sport.

The heat got 3 stars and a solid player now but can that only solid player play consistently like the Bulls solid players and can the heat win multiple games without their stars like the Bulls?

true i'm not saying the heat will win but that they are the favourites. also its a 7 game series so 1 game football playoffs aren't a good comparison.

Shammyguy3
01-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Neither is baseball, which is a crapshoot

LGhost
01-19-2012, 05:46 AM

The best part about it,,, Bulls fans aren't bitter over that... Most of us were happy to have even made the ECF... We can lose again to the Heat in 4 games and still have enjoyed the run.

quade36
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
why do we even mention Heat players besides the big 3? That doesn't make any sense. 85% of their offense goes through them. So they live and die by the big 3.

Also lets get off the Chalmers talk please. I've seen about 15 threads started about how great Norris Cole is and will be not only starting by the allstar break but will be an allstar soon and is right now a top 5 point guard. You can't have both people. You can't talk about how great Chalmers is doing and say Cole will play 40+ minutes a game. At that point it really doesn't matter about Chalmers possible 10 minutes, unless of course you sit Lebron or Wade.

BTW, I think most Bulls fans (most) are level headed here and don't think the Bulls are the favorite. They are however excited about their team. As for Heat fans, they are really fighting a losing argument. Everyone who follows basketball thinks their team is the favorite yet they want to make up a battle on how their team isn't getting the respect it deserves. Its pretty weak if you ask me.

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
The best part about it,,, Bulls fans aren't bitter over that... Most of us were happy to have even made the ECF... We can lose again to the Heat in 4 games and still have enjoyed the run.

lol, i think it will go longer than 4, prob 5 or 6:p

avon_barksdale
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM

they division got 2 other teams that be 100 times better than anyone in the bulls division

ChicagoJ
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
The odds are going to favor the Heat with 3 star players. But, they remind me a bit of the packers in the NFL. Take away the packers passing game and they are an average team. So, if anything happens to the big 3 (injuries, good defense holds them in check) they also will turn into a very beatable team. Everything relies on 3 primary players. If certain things go the bulls way they can beat Miami in a series. But, the heat are still the odds on favorite.

ChiSoxJuan
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I look back to last yr's crying game. That's the regular season game the Heat really wanted & the Bulls took from them. It left the Big 3 of the Heat in tears. That Bulls team was as close to full strength as it was going to get for the rest of the year. If you could promise me the Bulls will have that kind of health going into the ECF then I would say the Bulls will beat the Heat. But if it's another mash-unit like last yr then Heat will beat the Bulls.

To preserve their health the Bulls would be best to avoid Indy & Atl on the road to the ECF. Those two teams play a very physical game vs the Bulls & are not shy about commiting fragrant/hard fouls. Right now the Bulls would face the Knicks & then possibly Phi.

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I look back to last yr's crying game. That's the regular season game the Heat really wanted & the Bulls took from them. It left the Big 3 of the Heat in tears. That Bulls team was as close to full strength as it was going to get for the rest of the year. If you could promise me the Bulls will have that kind of health going into the ECF then I would say the Bulls will beat the Heat. But if it's another mash-unit like last yr then Heat will beat the Bulls.

To preserve their health the Bulls would be best to avoid Indy & Atl on the road to the ECF. Those two teams play a very physical game vs the Bulls & are not shy about commiting fragrant/hard fouls. Right now the Bulls would face the Knicks & then possibly Phi.

So your going to base a 4 game series off 1 game? ok:rolleyes:

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
lol, i think it will go longer than 4, prob 5 or 6:p

:facepalm:

Bulls will lose the series 0-4 each game being a blowout unless David Stern and the refs decide to let us win one game for competitive balance & viewership.

I mean really we have carlos loozer. And Rip help us beat Miami? lol bulls fans lol. And Derik Rose will get shut down AGAIN by LeBron and the HEAT.

I wouldn't worry.

ChiSoxJuan
01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Counting the regular season it was 4W 4L for Chi vs the Heat last yr.

northsider
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM

Thanks for reminding me just how close that series was and that we CAN run with the Heat. People act like that was some cake walk for the Heat when it was far from it.

metsbulls1025
01-19-2012, 04:14 PM
This is turning into a Yankee thing. Whenever the Yankees don't win they have no problem telling you about their past. You can't talk to most of the Heat fans without someone bringing up last year.

Shmontaine
01-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for reminding me just how close that series was and that we CAN run with the Heat. People act like that was some cake walk for the Heat when it was far from it.

this...

the bulls were right there in every one of those games... the heat had more experience and closed the games out when they needed to, with wade and lj being in the ecf previously... now that the bulls have gained experience deep in the playoffs, i think the series would be much more of dogfight.

the bulls improved more this offseason (rip) than the heat (battier, cole) did... if both teams meet at full strength, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the bulls take in 6...

effen5
01-19-2012, 04:19 PM
This is turning into a Yankee thing. Whenever the Yankees don't win they have no problem telling you about their past. You can't talk to most of the Heat fans without someone bringing up last year.

What past though? The one title they won back in 06?

Ray
01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Serious question for heat fans: How long do you think Wade has before his production starts to fall from his elite status?

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Serious question for heat fans: How long do you think Wade has before his production starts to fall from his elite status?

At least 2 more years, prob 3...he came in the league at 22...most other superstars came in at 18 or 19 imo

chi-townlove1
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM

If Bulls fans say Bulls would win they'd be labeled homers
If they don't they're traitors

Yup thats fair. :rolleyes:
This completely

ThePooH_1_
01-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Bulls all the way this season :) If Booz, Deng play like that Bulls-Heat series gonna be a crazy series, but only if Lebron doesn't suck at the 4th quarter :p hopefully all Bulls players gonna be healthy..

Shammyguy3
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
At least 2 more years, prob 3...he came in the league at 22...most other superstars came in at 18 or 19 imo

But he's played 21,000 minutes in the regular season, another 3,500 in the playoffs, even more in the Olympics. All while having severe injuries throughout his career. And his style of play is reckless and physical, not finesse.

His game won't age well at all because he still isn't a good shooter after 8 seasons in the league already. He can't hit a mid-range jumper between 16-23 feet for his life. Especially this season. The guy is taking a career high attempts in that area per game (over six) and he's shooting a career low 32% from that area on the court.

Wade's decline will be sudden, and fast. And you can see it already.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
But he's played 21,000 minutes in the regular season, another 3,500 in the playoffs, even more in the Olympics. All while having severe injuries throughout his career. And his style of play is reckless and physical, not finesse.

His game won't age well at all because he still isn't a good shooter after 8 seasons in the league already. He can't hit a mid-range jumper between 16-23 feet for his life. Especially this season. The guy is taking a career high attempts in that area per game (over six) and he's shooting a career low 32% from that area on the court.

Wade's decline will be sudden, and fast. And you can see it already.

This. Three leg injuries sure as hell don't help either.

EDIT: Max at two years like I said before.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 06:38 PM

All this shows me is that LeBron and Wade played way out of their minds that game, and LeBron for that series. There is no way in hell he plays that good again. Like NS said, it only shows me that we can run with you guys.

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Good to know we dont need wade to play great to beat the bulls.

I'd be more worried about d rose's chronic toe problem

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Good to know we dont need wade to play great to beat the bulls.

I'd be more worried about d rose's chronic toe problem

But if we can't beat the Heat(according to you), why worry anyway?

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
But if we can't beat the Heat(according to you), why worry anyway?

Fair point.

JohnBoy326
01-19-2012, 07:27 PM

LMAO, let's all be homers. Sorry for being educated and seeing it for what it is. Have you seen how inconsistent the bulls offense has been? You must not have watched the ECF last year, but you're right, you're the real fan, not us.

Shammyguy3
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
You can pretty much throw everything out of the window from last year's playoffs. Both teams are better, hopefully healthier, have each had a year with the system, etc etc.

It's all speculation at this point. Nothing more than that.

beasted86
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
This. Three leg injuries sure as hell don't help either.

EDIT: Max at two years like I said before.

What 3 leg injuries are you talking about?

Wade has had 1 knee surgery (not a ligament repair; tendinitis), and a dislocated shoulder surgery.

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
What 3 leg injuries are you talking about?

Wade has had 1 knee surgery (not a ligament repair; tendinitis), and a dislocated shoulder surgery.

They are considering wade's sprained ankle as his downfall lmfao...meanwhile rose has a chronic toe problem

beasted86
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
They are considering wade's sprained ankle as his downfall lmfao...meanwhile rose has a chronic toe problem

Really? :pity:

I need to keep to my New Year's promise to post in the NBA Forum less. Total waste of time.

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM

"Chronic toe problem"? lmfao

Really? :pity:

I need to keep to my New Year's promise to post in the NBA Forum less. Total waste of time.

You should. Maybe it'll improve the NBA forum. :shrug:

justinnum1
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
"Chronic toe problem"? lmfao

You should. Maybe it'll improve the NBA forum. :shrug:

lol, turf toe is a chronic problem. Hopefully it doesnt affect him in the playoffs.

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 08:26 PM
lol, turf toe is a chronic problem. Hopefully it doesnt affect him in the playoffs.

Turf toe takes 3 weeks of rest to be recovered. While it's unlikely he'll be able to ever fully recover from it THIS season, there's no reason it should be a problem next year assuming he goes through the proper treatment,

As it stands this season, he should get at least 10+ days of rest assuming he doesn't suit up against Cleveland, Charlotte or New Jersey. And when you have the top treatment possibilities, I'm willing to bet he might not need quite as long as the recommended time of 3 weeks.

The fact that there were people freaking out that there is a relation between this years turf toe and last season's is pretty asinine and quite baseless. It's a fairly common injury much like plantar fasciitis.

Regardless, even with turf toe, he was able to play like a stud and it didn't seem to affect him at all against the T'Wolves or Celtics.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 10:36 PM

When in the ****ing hell did I say it was his downfall? I said it doesn't help the outlook on his career. I really hope the Bulls beat the Heat in the playoffs just so I can shove all the crap you talk right back in your face. In the end you'll probably just use the face palm emoticon since it already makes up half your post count.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Really. What have we learned about the bulls this year that we didn't know by the end of last season? Nothing changed. Same problems same strengths.

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Turf toe takes 3 weeks of rest to be recovered. While it's unlikely he'll be able to ever fully recover from it THIS season, there's no reason it should be a problem next year assuming he goes through the proper treatment,

As it stands this season, he should get at least 10+ days of rest assuming he doesn't suit up against Cleveland, Charlotte or New Jersey. And when you have the top treatment possibilities, I'm willing to bet he might not need quite as long as the recommended time of 3 weeks.

The fact that there were people freaking out that there is a relation between this years turf toe and last season's is pretty asinine and quite baseless. It's a fairly common injury much like plantar fasciitis.

Regardless, even with turf toe, he was able to play like a stud and it didn't seem to affect him at all against the T'Wolves or Celtics.

+1

When in the ****ing hell did I say it was his downfall? I said it doesn't help the outlook on his career. I really hope the Bulls beat the Heat in the playoffs just so I can shove all the crap you talk right back in your face. In the end you'll probably just use the face palm emoticon since it already makes up half your post count.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 10:50 PM
+1

I honestly have no idea what this means.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Really. What have we learned about the bulls this year that we didn't know by the end of last season? Nothing changed. Same problems same strengths.

LOL have you watched them with Rose and Rip together in the lineup? It's a whole other team.

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Keith Bogans changed his name to Rip Hamilton, so technically something did change.

Now I'm totally not saying that it helped because God knows whatever we do won't be good enough to beat the Heat. And that is 100% unarguable fact...

imo.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Keith Bogans changed his name to Rip Hamilton, so technically something did change.

Now I'm totally not saying that it helped because God knows whatever we do won't be good enough to beat the HEAT and that is 100% unarguable fact...

imo.

Fixed. :facepalm:

In all honesty, the Heat deserve to be favorites, but Heat fans: don't act like it'll be a cake walk. Being favorites doesn't guarantee you a ring. Tell me how many favorites win it all?

kjoke
01-19-2012, 10:58 PM
LOL have you watched them with Rose and

Rip together in the lineup? It's a whole other team.
Come on now. Bogans was bad, but Rip isn't what it takes to get over any hump. Theres the same issues here. Rose gets doubled, or Lebron goes on him, and theres no one else. The bulls have around 3-4 solid third stars, but no one can carry a team or handle the ball. This teams goes only as far as rose can take them. They are the a jack-of-all trades team that lacks the strong dimension that most championship teams have.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm not saying that they can't win a championship, but I just don't see a multiple run type of team.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Come on now. Bogans was bad, but Rip isn't what it takes to get over any hump. Theres the same issues here. Rose gets doubled, or Lebron goes on him, and theres no one else. The bulls have around 3-4 solid third stars, but no one can carry a team or handle the ball. This teams goes only as far as rose can take them. They are the a jack-of-all trades team that lacks the strong dimension that most championship teams have.

I'd love to hear who you'd leave unguarded because each player may not be a playmaker, but they'll make you pay when unguarded. If Rip is constantly moving around, someone has to be on him, especially with his scoring abilities.

Cubby
01-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm not saying that they can't win a championship, but I just don't see a multiple run type of team.

We have young core of talent with Mirotic coming over to replace Boozer as well as the Charlotte pick whenever it becomes a lottery pick. I'm sure we can make multiple runs since our future is very bright IMO.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
We have young core of talent with Mirotic coming over to replace Boozer as well as the Charlotte pick whenever it becomes a lottery pick. I'm sure we can make multiple runs since our future is very bright IMO.

Each are around 4 years away. You are banking on Miritic who probably won't be in the NBA for the next few years to carry you to the promise land later on? I don't know much about the guy, but it seems as if he is the second coming of Iman Shumpert.

IMO, Bulls need Howard, at whatever cost it is.

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 11:07 PM

You mean like defense...

or youth?

Because we totally don't have either.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:09 PM
You mean like defense...

or youth?

Because we totally don't have either.

Defense at the cost of no offensive flow and youth that is either

1.) Joel Anthony offense

2) 4 years away

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Defense at the cost of no offensive flow and youth that is either

1.) Joel Anthony offense

2) 4 years away

1)But you said we're jack of all trades.

2)Which would mean if we're contenders now and in 4+ years wouldn't that mean we're at least CAPABLE of winning multiple championships in that time frame?

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:15 PM
1)But you said we're jack of all trades.

2)Which would mean if we're contenders now and in 4+ years wouldn't that mean we're at least CAPABLE of winning multiple championships in that time frame?

The 'youth' the describe is 4 years away from even touching the nba court. I would call that team that is set. But if you want to, by all means.

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Each are around 4 years away. You are banking on Miritic who probably won't be in the NBA for the next few years to carry you to the promise land later on? I don't know much about the guy, but it seems as if he is the second coming of Iman Shumpert.

IMO, Bulls need Howard, at whatever cost it is.

Mirotic will be there in 2 years.

And if you don't know who he is, don't compare him to Iman Shumpert. The difference is that Mirotic is producing at a very high level in the second best league in the world against grown *** men while Iman Shumpert was a typical star college player. Nothing special.

Forgive us for not having the hubris to guarantee 7 championships in a row.

Not at all. Rip has the passing vision that we lacked that makes it so much easier for our bigs and can also run the P+R,

Bogans was a player who literally made all his shots WIDE open. Literally he shot lower than 40% at WIDE open shots. That's brutally bad.

Rip forces the defenses to respect him whereas Bogans didn't. Heat won't get away with doubling Rose as he crosses midcourt.

And please, enlighten me what that "strong dimension" that all championship teams have. I think I should know if as someone who has seen some of the Bulls championship teams.

bodupp311
01-19-2012, 11:25 PM
The 'youth' the describe is 4 years away from even touching the nba court. I would call that team that is set. But if you want to, by all means.

Huh? Are you referring to Mirotic?

I believe Bulls fans are trying to say that we are contenders now. Before I go futher... agree or disagree?

If you agree, Bulls fans are also saying while we are contenders during the next 2-4 years with the core group that as time goes by some of our older player/s are no longer serviceable that Boozer COULD be replaced by Mirotic. Also, our Bobcats pick COULD be a very high pick and that could be used to acquire a SG. All while Rose, Deng, Noah, Asik and Gibson are still in their prime so in theory we could maintain our "contender status" during that time frame. Or using any combination of those parts in a trade.

I view "contender" as capable of winning a championship. Nothing more, nothing less.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Mirotic will be there in 2 years.

And if you don't know who he is, don't compare him to Iman Shumpert. The difference is that Mirotic is producing at a very high level in the second best league in the world against grown *** men while Iman Shumpert was a typical star college player. Nothing special.

Forgive us for not having the hubris to guarantee 7 championships in a row.

Not at all. Rip has the passing vision that we lacked that makes it so much easier for our bigs and can also run the P+R,

Bogans was a player who literally made all his shots WIDE open. Literally he shot lower than 40% at WIDE open shots. That's brutally bad.

Rip forces the defenses to respect him whereas Bogans didn't. Heat won't get away with doubling Rose as he crosses midcourt.

And please, enlighten me what that "strong dimension" that all championship teams have. I think I should know if as someone who has seen some of the Bulls championship teams.

1.) I meant that Mirotic was getting as much hype as Iman Shumpert, all of which was undeserving until we see something more than just highlights.

2.) The Heat doubled the bulls/ rose on certain occaions, most of the time it was Lebron on Rose. Plus we added Battier, so even more pressure on Rose.

3.) I just don't feel that the missing piece to this team was Rip Hamilton.

4.) Well from seeing those previous Bulls team, you can see that they had two top 50 players of all time. They had an amazing 2nd scorer. And like I said, this current Bulls teams doesn't have that.

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 11:32 PM
1.) I meant that Mirotic was getting as much hype as Iman Shumpert, all of which was undeserving until we see something more than just highlights.

Sounds like ignorant, elitist NBA (american) talk to me. I think a player who is one of the best in the second best league in the world is deserving of some respect. It's more than highlights to people who actually followed and watched him play.

2.) The Heat doubled the bulls/ rose on certain occaions, most of the time it was Lebron on Rose. Plus we added Battier, so even more pressure on Rose.

:laugh2: What?!

Lebron was on Rose maybe 2-5 minutes a game. It's amazing how much this has been exaggerated.

And Battier is going to play maybe 10mpg, and with the reemergence of Miller, who knows if he'll even play.

3.) I just don't feel that the missing piece to this team was Rip Hamilton.

Define "missing piece." I'd be willing to bet that between 04-07, last years Bulls team would have more than enough to win it all.

If you can always get better you obviously do. I'd also love a prime MJ and Tim Duncan.

Bottom line, Rip brings exactly what we were missing which is another player capable to create for himself or for others. A fifth player on the floor who demands attention. A BIG difference between Rip and Bogans who was utterly useless.

4.) Well from seeing those previous Bulls team, you can see that they had two top 50 players of all time. They had an amazing 2nd scorer. And like I said, this current Bulls teams doesn't have that.

Did Dallas have an amazing second scorer?

The problem is that you're stuck in the old, traditional clichés. It's the same garbage as you only win with post players.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Sounds like ignorant, elitist NBA (american) talk to me. I think a player who is one of the best in the second best league in the world is deserving of some respect. It's more than highlights to people who actually followed and watched him play.

:laugh2: What?!

Lebron was on Rose maybe 2-5 minutes a game. It's amazing how much this has been exaggerated.

Define "missing piece." I'd be willing to bet that between 04-07, last years Bulls team would have more than enough to win it all.

If you can always get better you obviously do. I'd also love a prime MJ and Tim Duncan.

Bottom line, Rip brings exactly what we were missing which is another player capable to create for himself or for others. A fifth player on the floor who demands attention. A BIG difference between Rip and Bogans who was utterly useless.

Did Dallas have an amazing second scorer?

The problem is that you're stuck in the old, traditional, clichés. It's the same garbage as big men having to be post players or you only win with post players.

Why because I don't by into the hype of a guy overseas? or is it because we've seen this over and over again, and we get these players from Europe and they are amazing shooters, and they get here and are either too slow to stay with their man and don't succeed in anything or just end up going back to Europe later on in their career. There is always a dirk in the rough, but that happens very few time. Because I'm not on his dick like some bulls fans, does not make me an arrogant elitist American. In fact, I was born in the Netherlands. I just am very cautios with european players as you should be.

God I'm going to have to hear this Mirotic craze for the next few years.

Two, Lebron was mostly on rose when it mattered. Don't act like those 5 minutes were useless blowout games,

People over-emphasize the importance of a player like Rip. When it comes to playoff time, all that matters is how your stars play. Check other finals history.

Heat lost to the Mavs for far more reasons that the Mavs not having a second scorer, For one: Dirk was amazing, Chandeler was a mess, and Zone killed us.

It doesn't hurt to have a post player.

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Why because I don't by into the hype of a guy overseas? or is it because we've seen this over and over again, and we get these players from Europe and they are amazing shooters, and they get here and are either too slow to stay with their man and don't succeed in anything or just end up going back to Europe later on in their career. There is always a dirk in the rough, but that happens very few time. Because I'm not on his dick like some bulls fans, does not make me an arrogant elitist American. In fact, I was born in the Netherlands. I just am very cautios with european players as you should be.

God I'm going to have to hear this Mirotic craze for the next few years.

Because it's not just Bulls fans who suck his dick, but people in general who follow the Euroleague who also agree that he might be one of the best "Spanish" players to ever come into the NBA (see John Wall Era and Crooner). Unlike Iman where it was/is just Knick fans

Because it's not just his shooting that makes him a high potential player.

Because the last few years European scouting has gotten much MUCH better than it was 10 years ago.

Because Bulls scouting has pretty damn spot on with late picks the last few years (see Taj, Omer).

I'm not going to go further into this because you're arguing a hypothetical over a guy you haven't even watched or know anything about. Don't you find that a little dumb.

Two, Lebron was mostly on rose when it mattered. Don't act like those 5 minutes were useless blowout games,

I was unaware that 5 minutes at one point of the game mean more than 5 minutes in another. Another dumb cliche. And I'm sure Rose will be more ready for that match up next time around.

People over-emphasize the importance of a player like Rip. When it comes to playoff time, all that matters is how your stars play.

Yes and a guy like Rip is going to be playing MUCH more come playoff time. He IS one of our key players.

Heat lost to the Mavs for far more reasons that the Mavs not having a second scorer, For one: Dirk was amazing, Chandeler was a mess, and Zone killed us.

And we lost because Lebron was shooting vastly above his 3pt%, while Korver was shooting vastly below his % and our team was very inexperienced that deep in the postseason and didn't pace themselves accordingly.

Bottom line, my point stands. You don't need a second scorer. There are many other facets of the games you can dominate in and still win.

It doesn't hurt to have a post player.

It hurts being a slave of unproven cliches. Just ask all the teams that passed on Dirk for not being a post player. Or on MJ because he isn't valued as a big man like Sam Bowie.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm kinda tired and I don't want to back and forth, but I would add that 5 minutes in one point of the game is equal to five at another time?

Think that over please/

Very wrong.

And stop giving me all these once in a life time facts/ There is only one dirk, there is only one mj. If you look at it inepth, you will find who has been more succesefull big men or wing/guards.

kozelkid
01-19-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm kinda tired and I don't want to back and forth, but I would add that 5 minutes in one point of the game is equal to five at another time?

Think that over please/

Very wrong.

Learn math.

If a team is up 10 thanks to a beastly 5 minute period from 7:34 to 2:34 in the 2nd quarter, those 5 minutes in the 4th quarter are probably irrelevant.

As Daryl Morey (aka one of the best gms in the league once said) (I'm paraphrasing): Good teams win close games, great ones avoid them.

kjoke
01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Learn math.

If a team is up 10 thanks to a beastly 5 minute period from 7:34 to 2:34 in the 2nd quarter, those 5 minutes in the 4th quarter are probably irrelevant.

As Daryl Morey (aka one of the best gms in the league once said) (I'm paraphrasing): Good teams win close games, great ones avoid them.

Come on again. You are completely missing a very large emotional aspect of the game that surrounds the forth quarter. Stop with these condescending phrases like "learn math" because it makes you look like a douche while still being wrong.

If you don't think a team/player has a different mentality during the last minutes of a close game than they do during the middle of the second period, you are severely missing a large aspect of the game.

kozelkid
01-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Come on again. You are completely missing a very large emotional aspect of the game that surrounds the forth quarter. Stop with these condescending phrases like "learn math" because it makes you look like a douche while still being wrong.

If you don't think a team/player has a different mentality during the last minutes of a close game than they do during the middle of the second period, you are severely missing a large aspect of the game.

I don't think "learn math" is any less condescending than "very wrong". If so, I apologize.

I'm not denying the different mentality. But that's not the point. We aren't talking about whether a player can play in the clutch or not.

What we ARE talking about is if the Bulls can outplay Miami enough in the first 43 minutes of the game, those last 5 could very well be irrelevant.

As a Heat fan who has watched Miami play poorly in a lot of "clutch" periods, I'd expect you to understand that as well as anyone.

kjoke
01-20-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't think "learn math" is any less condescending than "very wrong". If so, I apologize.

I'm not denying the different mentality. But that's not the point. We aren't talking about whether a player can play in the clutch or not.

What we ARE talking about is if the Bulls can outplay Miami enough in the first 43 minutes of the game, those last 5 could very well be irrelevant.

As a Heat fan who has watched Miami play poorly in a lot of "clutch" periods, I'd expect you to understand that as well as anyone.

Regardless, I'll end this like this. I am looking forward to seeing how they matchup in on the 29th. A better picture, even though there will be several factors that will still be questionable.

Team*Chicago
01-20-2012, 01:51 AM
true i'm not saying the heat will win but that they are the favourites. also its a 7 game series so 1 game football playoffs aren't a good comparison.

The heat should be the favorites because they have 3 ****ing stars and proven to be highly overrated and aren't going to win the championship either because they done nothing to improve their roster. 1 NFL playoff game don't have to be a good comparison it just need to be a good point of the statement I'm saying.

Shmontaine
01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Regardless, I'll end this like this. I am looking forward to seeing how they matchup in on the 29th. A better picture, even though there will be several factors that will still be questionable.

so, wait... does a regular season game mean anything to a heat fan??

if the bulls win, what will it prove to you?? my estimation, a 'regular season games mean nothing' excuse...

if the heat win, i guess that means all the bulls fans have proof as to how the heat are better...

did i get that right??

daleja424
01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
so, wait... does a regular season game mean anything to a heat fan??

if the bulls win, what will it prove to you?? my estimation, a 'regular season games mean nothing' excuse...

if the heat win, i guess that means all the bulls fans have proof as to how the heat are better...

did i get that right??

fair assessment... but dont act like this is only how heat fans react. This is how ALL fans of good teams act. Lakers fans and Bulls fans are just as bad...

When your team wins it mean something...when they lose it meant nothing... that is the nature of being a fan.

justOmazing
01-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Bulls did this same thing last yr and ran out of energy in the playoffs.

As far as the favorites to win it all, heat, bulls, thunder in that order

They didn't run out of energy... they lacked scoring depth. Big difference.

eugene
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
for me it's always the same... hate teams full of primadonas and teams which are early favorites to win it all... so Bulls or Spurs please :D

Bears99
01-20-2012, 01:49 PM
They didn't run out of energy... they lacked scoring depth. Big difference.

we lost because we ****ing played like **** while the Heat played well. We didn't lack anything... our squad could have won it all last year, we just failed in 4 straight games against the Heat.