PDA

View Full Version : What should nets do?

ldawg
01-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Should Nets trade for Howard or just sign him as a free agent? With Nets out of the playoff picture should they keep their pick or use it in another trade to fill out the roaster? Would it not be best and just sign Howard to go along with William and Lopez. Just picture that group and you still have your pick or if you choose to move Lopez for another piece. They can then draft a sg or a sf or trade it for a season sg or sf. They hold the cards and can put a very good team on the floor if patient. No need to take on Hedo or Nelson bad contracts. They should not do what New York did and trade away everyone to get Anthony. Had Melo waited how crazy good New York would have been. Nets are now in that same position and they should be patient and let Howard play out the rest of the season. Nets Will then over take Miami as East best. Howard and Williams alone will not cut it, if it cost to much to get Howard.

NYKalltheway
01-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Ideally, it would be great for the Nets to have Howard, Deron, Brook Lopez and perhaps Kirilenko as their core players. But does Howard sign with the Nets? And does Deron extend? Those are the main issues for that team atm. Brook Lopez at PF with D12 at C works imo.

DoMeFavors
01-17-2012, 11:33 PM
This thread is pointless its not up to the Nets, its up to Orlando if they want to trade Howard this year and like the Nets package then thats what will happen, if they dont trade him and he becomes a free agent then they can sign him. Its not up to the Nets.

Cal827
01-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, the problem is they run the risk of losing Williams. Who's to say he just doesn't sign with his hometown team before Howard chooses. Acquiring him right away would give him time With Howard, likely improving the likelihood that they both would resign.

Of course, Orlando might not want to trade Howard..

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Why did you make this thread twice if it already got merged?

jmoney85
01-18-2012, 12:00 AM
keep the pick and hope you can land MKG or anthony davis

Federal Reserve
01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Howard doesn't want to go to the Nets because he would be playing for the second best team in New York.

ldawg
01-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Williams will not leave if Howard let him know he will sign in the off season. Its the same thing Lebron and Wade did. If they do land Rudy Gay your looking at a a very good team. Yet still having first round pics and other pieces to trade and fill out the roaster if needed, will have that flexibility of trading Lopez and the rookie. New York problem was they give up everyone for Melo that left the team anemic with no trading power, thats why they could not trade for cp3. Nets just have to be smart and be patient and don't take back bad contracts and give up assets for someone you can just sign outright. It would be very silly to trade for him now being out the playoff picture.

Williams
rookie
Rudy
Lopez
Howard

Knicks21
01-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Study the Denver Nuggets or Utah Jazz. Small market teams are capable.

Knicks21
01-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Howard doesn't want to go to the Nets because he would be playing for the second best team in New York.

I wouldn't say second best but second fiddle.

Knicks21
01-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Howard will be traded, as dumb as otis is he will not let him walk.

LakersIn5
01-18-2012, 08:21 AM
it depends on orlando cuz i doubt orlando will just lose him for nothing

D12 fan
01-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Williams will not leave if Howard let him know he will sign in the off season. Its the same thing Lebron and Wade did. If they do land Rudy Gay your looking at a a very good team. Yet still having first round pics and other pieces to trade and fill out the roaster if needed, will have that flexibility of trading Lopez and the rookie. New York problem was they give up everyone for Melo that left the team anemic with no trading power, thats why they could not trade for cp3. Nets just have to be smart and be patient and don't take back bad contracts and give up assets for someone you can just sign outright. It would be very silly to trade for him now being out the playoff picture.

Williams
rookie
Rudy
Lopez
Howard

How do they land Rudy Gay,and still keep their draft pick and Lopez.:facepalm:

ACanadian
01-18-2012, 11:21 AM
If I were you guys I would worry about locking Deron Williams contract up

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM

Lmfao, if the Nets got Howard and added solid pieces theyd be light years ahead of the Knicks.

UPRock
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
I would trade Deron back to the Jazz for Derrick Favors...:(

Chill_Will_24
01-18-2012, 03:55 PM

I guess all the media outlets got it wrong then about Dwight having them on the top of his list...

You can expect a similar or greater effect to that of the Clippers. Maybe more since the Knicks are in no shape or form as storied as the Lakers so it would be easier for the Nets than the Clippers.

I guess Williams and Dwight believe that together in Brooklyn the can generate crazy hype and compete for a title depending on who the Nets sign. Ray Allen is a FA in 2012 as well as a couple other good players.

If the Nets play their cards right and use their cap space correctly, they could build a instant contender in Brooklyn.

elonepb
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
The Nets dream plan is to sign Dwight in the offseason. They'll have the ability to give Deron his 5 year max + Dwight his 4 years. They keep MarShon and will be picking in the 2012 lottery which is stacked with talent. They'll retain Morrow as well as Lopez, who I imagine will get signed and traded to another team for a talented SF/PF.

That team would compete immediately for the Top 3 spots in the East.

GrapeSoda
01-18-2012, 09:45 PM
If I were the nets I would NOT trade for Dwight .. I would simply tank this season (which it appears they have already been doing) Sign Dwight, resign Deron KEEP Brooks I think he would be a perfect with those two and then you can hopefully land a top 5 pick and add a future "star" (I use that word very loosely) in a player such as Barnes/Davis/Drummond etc.

jmoney85
01-18-2012, 09:55 PM
If I were the nets I would NOT trade for Dwight .. I would simply tank this season (which it appears they have already been doing) Sign Dwight, resign Deron KEEP Brooks I think he would be a perfect with those two and then you can hopefully land a top 5 pick and add a future "star" (I use that word very loosely) in a player such as Barnes/Davis/Drummond etc.

this is what ive been preaching on the nets board but everybody disagrees

jmoney85
01-18-2012, 09:58 PM

the knicks are a .500 team so that theory doesnt work

ldawg
01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I think Orlando has called bluff for too long Net have a royal flush in their hand, its their game to loose. Its best they hold out until off season and construct the team and not get sucker into capping out the team with unwanted contracts and given away valuable players to keep their flexibility. Williams and Howard alone is not going to cut it. Miami held out and New York did not now they have trouble filling out their roaster. Had New York held on to their pieces they would have gotten cp3 via trade.

BigBongTheory
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Howard will be traded, come on....orlando wont let him leave. not trying to bring lebron into this but seriously, after the decision, teams can't trust their superstar players. trading them is the only option to keep up..(if their superstar doesn't want to be there that is)

Raph12
01-18-2012, 10:23 PM
The Magic don't give up Dwight for nothing, even if they hold onto him for the season, they can trade him to the Nets on draft night, get their Top 5 pick, Brooks and Lopez... If not, they get Bynum.

ldawg
01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Howard will be traded, come on....orlando wont let him leave. not trying to bring lebron into this but seriously, after the decision, teams can't trust their superstar players. trading them is the only option to keep up..(if their superstar doesn't want to be there that is)I think its too late they are now out the playoff picture so Nets should hold out if he agree to sign with them in off season(thats an inside hush,hush,deal we would never know), Mavs don't have anything to offer and La may just keep Bynum being he might surpass howard, The other teams are not going to give valuable pieces for a two month rental. The ball is in Nets court the only thing that can mess that up if Williams tells Howard lets do it in Dallas instead where the competition is less stiff. That is where Nets may get impatient and do like New York. But net have the upper hand over Dallas they will have better pieces in Lopez, Morrow and the pick to trade for a vet or two plus Williams is already there. Net is the number 1 choice so no need to worry about Dallas and La can't sign Howard once a free agent. Just don't do the New York they can't even beat the Suns.

ldawg
01-18-2012, 11:04 PM
If Lopez injury is the same as grant hill is it worth it for Magic? Did they say screws in his foot? And thats all Magic may get in the off season if Nets just want to dump him. Raptors got Nada So did Cavs not even Beasly. So why would nets have to break the bank for an free agent and make it harder to build the team?

HouRealCoach
01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
If they can keep Brooks and both pix that would be great along with D12

I would try to trade Lopez+Houston pick for Beasley &WJ tho

ldawg
01-19-2012, 12:03 AM
I know this is not what Magic fans want to here you can tell by the poll but the Magic held their cards to long they a worth nothing. They will get something for Howard but its going to be next to nothing maybe just cap relief and a second round pick. Otis said the deals he have now will be there at the end of the season not sure who he is trying to fool, they are going to get worst.

Robbw241
01-19-2012, 12:04 AM
I've never seen so many threads about the Nets in the NBA forum at 1 time lolol

Robbw241
01-19-2012, 12:06 AM
On the Dwight Howard front, if Dwight really wants to come here then I'm not desperately pushing and calling Otis everyday. But if Otis calls me and says Brook, Brooks, picks and we're in, I do it without hesitation.