PDA

View Full Version : Did Lamar Odom Signal to Kobe The Play?

simplicity12
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2zNJ_ovVg&feature=player_embedded

I did not see much press on this so I decided to post this in Forum. Near the end of this video, Kobe came over to Lamar. Notice the mouth movement. I remember in the playoffs last year, that this is how they communicated on the court. It seems to me like Lamar was letting Kobe know he was getting double teamed. I may be paranoid, but thought it would make for interesting thread. I hope some media source will follow up on this. There needs to be some insight on what that exchange was all about.

If he did, ship him out of town. We don't need that garbage on our team.

Let me know your thoughts.

beasted86
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I have no clue what that exchange was about, but I blame the Mavericks and not Lamar or anything else.

Everyone with a brain knew the play. Kobe was having a terrible shooting night. You knew he was looking for the pass with Fisher, Kapono, and Gasol spotting up.

Aside from that, why is Dirk Nowitzki in the game if you are trying to get a final stop instead of Lamar Odom anyway?

Bruno
01-17-2012, 09:49 PM
total "watch this" or "remember this one" moment.

asandhu23
01-17-2012, 09:51 PM
cool story, eh?

adidas2307
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
It's a conspiracy.

Lakeshow24KB
01-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Lol nah it was a I'm Kobe and watch me win the game in your face trick. It worked.

shep33
01-17-2012, 09:54 PM
I think Kobe told Lamar what was going to happen.

asandhu23
01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Aside from that, why is Dirk Nowitzki in the game if you are trying to get a final stop instead of Lamar Odom anyway?http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5

How clever of you.... I see the image in your message.

McPeak92
01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
nowayyyy

J4KOP99
01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
no haha, he was just talking a little trash. Calling his shot. "You watch lamar, Im about to put this ****ing shot in"

Law25
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Your super paranoid lol. Kobe went up to Lamar and said something cocky and Lamar clearly said i-ight. Maybe he told him you know im bout to buss yo *** right or why u still here? head to the locker u know the ending to this story.

socalswag24
01-17-2012, 10:07 PM
yaaa thnk LO we appreciate..
from
Laker NAtion

rasajr23
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Everybody and their grandma knew that the ball was going to be in Kobe's hands. Once Kobe drew the second player toward him, the ball was then passed to Fish for the game winner. It's pretty simple... What I do believe the conversation was about was that Kobe gave away what they were gonna do in code and that's why Lamar gave the nod like "Well let's see it then"... Once Fish sank the game winner Kobe kept looking over to Odom like saying "I told you so".. Lamar's head was not in the game at that point.. Instead of listening to his coach he was looking at Kobe like a homesick kid... I actually felt bad for him... I wish he was back on our team...

--23--
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Odom is a the Lakers undercover agent :laugh2:

simplicity12
01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
First of all, Dirk is more worthy to be on the court during the Fourth Quarter than LeChoke. But this is a topic of another thread.

Bottom line is that mouth gesture is cleary not anything being said. So what was it? That is the question. Regardless how obvious the play is. If one player on current team signal play to former team, it should never be accepted.

Lakeshow24KB
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Odom is a the Lakers undercover agent :laugh2:

Lol he drew up the plan with Mitch. Only reason why he went to Dallas! Then when Mavs buy him out of his contract he can come back to LA and we'll know everything
(besides the fact that the CBA doesn't allow that anymore. But we can just ignore that.)

rasajr23
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM
First of all, Dirk is more worthy to be on the court during the Fourth Quarter than LeChoke. But this is a topic of another thread.

Bottom line is that mouth gesture is cleary not anything being said. So what was it? That is the question. Regardless how obvious the play is. If one player on current team signal play to former team, it should never be accepted.

Don't worry bro ... Cuban is buying out his contract in June... You won't have to worry about him anymore... If Lamar did give something away(which I doubt), I would like to dedicate this song to him http://youtu.be/BNYGe53O3Zg

C-Style
01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
look at his face. still a LAKER within

BigBongTheory
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
yeah, it was a why is your team still standing next to our court kind of thing. hey, atleast it worked. Bryant didn't shoot it but still put fish in a nice spot. fish played excellent, old man river was the hero in that one.

beasted86
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM

Nice way to try and throw a cheap shot at the HEAT, but I don't fall for baiting so easily... and I'll be the first to admit LeBron choked in the Finals.

If you do in all honestly prefer Dirk Nowitzki switching on a screen vs. Odom switching on a screen, hey... more power to you. But to put it simply, there is no "play" to give away.

Teeboy1487
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
You can take Odom from the Lakers, but you can't take the Laker out of Odom.

ManRam
01-17-2012, 10:41 PM
NO way. He was standing right next to teammates...

Tanakid777
01-17-2012, 10:44 PM
nothing to it. Jet's decision to leave a clutch shooter without recovering lost the game. No conspiracy here

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 10:45 PM
he mad

beliges
01-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Kobe looked at LO like "you know Im about to hit this shot and win the game." It was friendly trash talking. It wasnt a signal. I dont think there really was a play. Dallas committed and doubled Kobe right away and Kobe found the open man, Fisher knocked down the shot and boom game over.

kblo247
01-17-2012, 10:56 PM
NO way. He was standing right next to teammates...

They used telepathy as taught to them by Phil Jackson.

Slimsim
01-17-2012, 10:56 PM
0:32 in the video explains it all

Avenged
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Lamar wasn't even mad. I seen that little smile ;)

LongWayFromHome
01-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Everybody and their grandma knew that the ball was going to be in Kobe's hands. Once Kobe drew the second player toward him, the ball was then passed to Fish for the game winner. It's pretty simple... What I do believe the conversation was about was that Kobe gave away what they were gonna do in code and that's why Lamar gave the nod like "Well let's see it then"... Once Fish sank the game winner Kobe kept looking over to Odom like saying "I told you so".. Lamar's head was not in the game at that point.. Instead of listening to his coach he was looking at Kobe like a homesick kid... I actually felt bad for him... I wish he was back on our team...

This.

LongWayFromHome
01-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I have no clue what that exchange was about, but I blame the Mavericks and not Lamar or anything else.

Everyone with a brain knew the play. Kobe was having a terrible shooting night. You knew he was looking for the pass with Fisher, Kapono, and Gasol spotting up.

Aside from that, why is Dirk Nowitzki in the game if you are trying to get a final stop instead of Lamar Odom anyway?

Dirk? try why is Jason Terry in the game there?

beasted86
01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Dirk? try why is Jason Terry in the game there?

I can co-sign on that too.

Delonte West is a much better defender, and should have been in at PG with Kidd at SG.

You'd think with 9 seconds left you put in your best defensive lineup: West / Kidd / Marion / Odom / Haywood

USMCLaker
01-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Lamar didn't make a statement to Kobe he only responded to Kobe with a small gesture and besides like other poster's said he was standing right next to his new teammates and one of started mouthing off at Kobe as he walked away. So, uh no.

MackShock
01-18-2012, 01:58 AM
odom still a laker

Sactown
01-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Kobes a total ***** for not shooting that final shot

SeoulBeatz
01-18-2012, 02:13 AM
I think Lamar was signaling "I hate being here, I'm gonna smoke a joint after the game".

That's the first thing that popped in my head tbh.

MackShock
01-18-2012, 02:26 AM
yeah something weird is going on..im a conspiracy theorist but i dont think this is one..

lamar looks really weird at 0:32 as if he was trying to hide the fact that he did something...

like he just had a giddy look, and not at all flustered that the mavs just lost the lead

Bruno
01-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Kobes a total ***** for not shooting that final shot

and if he shot it you'd say "kobe doesn't trust his teammates" or "kobe is a total ballhog"

he made the right play.