PDA

View Full Version : Yahoosports: Several Contending Teams Have Inquired about Paul Pierce being Available

JordansBulls
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_kendrick_perkins_thunder_celtics_nba_0 11712

As Kevin Garnett and Allen become free agents this summer, money will peel away from the salary cap. Between then and now, the bigger question promises to be: Does ownership and general manager Danny Ainge go for the complete rebuild and trade Pierce before the March 15 deadline? Several contending teams have inquired about Pierce’s availability. As one Eastern Conference official said, there are “lots of calls asking if [Boston] will blow it up.”

Pierce has two years and $32 million left on his contract through the 13-14 season. Trading Pierce would allow the Celtics to become players in free agency.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I think this too was mentioned in the "Blow up the Celtics thread"

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=687193

bholly
01-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I always kind of felt like I could never see them moving Pierce and that he should retire a Celtic. Right now, though, I find it kind of believable. I wouldn't be all that surprised.

MackShock
01-17-2012, 07:58 PM
who would want him?

bovice163
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
who would want him?

Just about anyone as long as the asking price is an expiring and possibly some picks to go along with it. PP can be a very serviceable player to just about any team not named OKC and Miami.

Kashmir13579
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
'Melo for Pierce. :hide:

northsider
01-17-2012, 08:05 PM
PP is a killer in closing minutes of a game. He is one of those guys who is not afraid to fail. Love watching him play in his glory days and think he could be of big help to a team.

69centers
01-17-2012, 08:10 PM
mleagle88: What are the chances the Celts trade PP?

SherrodbCSN: Slim

from Celtics writer A. Sherrod Blakely's Twitter

Kemba_Skywalker
01-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Pierce would be perfect on the Lakers, tho just because theyre lakers it wont happen. most high profile celt/laker athlete since Rick Fox?

unwantedplayer
01-17-2012, 08:12 PM
from Celtics writer A. Sherrod Blakely's Twitter

Just his speculation

Corey
01-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Trade him, trade him!

And this is coming from the world's biggest Paul Pierce supporter.

Ainge is going to make the moves necessary to put this team in the best position to win both now, and in the future. If that means trading Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rondo, and whoever else...He'll do it.

Can't wait to see what happens by the deadline, its going to be fun to watch.

Lakerhead4ever
01-17-2012, 08:14 PM
paul pierce to the lakers lol

Lakerhead4ever
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Trade him, trade him!

And this is coming from the world's biggest Paul Pierce supporter.

Ainge is going to make the moves necessary to put this team in the best position to win both now, and in the future. If that means trading Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rondo, and whoever else...He'll do it.

Can't wait to see what happens by the deadline, its going to be fun to watch.

wow never thought i'd hear this

Corey
01-17-2012, 08:19 PM
wow never thought i'd hear this

I'm going to love Pierce wherever he ends up...If trading him helps the organization, I'm all for it. Same with Rondo, Ray, and KG.

At the end of the day, it's a business, and Ainge knows he cant let his emotions play a role. He showed it by dealing Perk last year. That was the first domino.

Hellcrooner
01-17-2012, 08:19 PM

for who?

we got no expirngs.

shep33
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Lakers lol, he's from LA, and he was a Lakers fan growing up... That would be so weird lol

PHX2daDEATH
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
i never realized Minaj had that kind of a donkey on her..good lord. PP Is a lifer; he wont be traded...Garnett and Allen are expiring and probably more valuable to teams because of the Contracts. Boston needs to start rebuilding around Rondo...

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
I would love to see Duncan retire with the Spurs, Pierce retire with the Celtics, Dirk retire with the Mavs and Kobe retire with the Lakers.

Who else is out there that will end up retiring with one NBA Franchise in this now fickle non-loyal NBA world that we live in today?

shep33
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah he should retire with the Celts

BaddNewz
01-17-2012, 08:43 PM
PP is a game changer...a team like ATL would be a good fit....maybe Josh Smith and a pick...idk :shrug:

JOSKOMANG4
01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Clippers would be a great fit for Pierce!

Sportfan
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
PP is a game changer...a team like ATL would be a good fit....maybe Josh Smith and a pick...idk :shrug:
:drool:

Pierce for Jordan and Bledsoe!

BaddNewz
01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
:down: why would the clippers trade DJ when they could package him for D12???

DUH!!!!

theheatles
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Paul Pierce for Josh McRoberts...can you imagine the kind of love mcroberts would get in boston

Sportfan
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Paul Pierce for Josh McRoberts...can you imagine the kind of love mcroberts would get in boston
Being the scrub acquired for the heart of Boston basketball for the past decade. I'm sure he'll be loved!

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Pierce to the Heat, discounted! ;)

5ass
01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
i hate pierce, but ill take him on the magic any day.

todu82
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah, Pierce is 1 of those guys that will stay on his current team forever, IMO. No way does Boston move him.

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 10:33 PM
if pujols can leave stl.. than pierce can leave boston

Monta is beast
01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
I would assume the Warriors were one of those teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Clippers offer Eric Bledsoe(Young talent) and Mo Williams(Exipring).

C-Jordan
PF-Griffin
SF-Pierce
SG-Butler
PG-Paul

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Raptors offer Leandro Barbosa.

bholly
01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
You're assuming Boston are going to move Rondo? Or do you think those guys can play 2 guard?
I would've thought PGs would be the last position they're looking to fill.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-17-2012, 11:10 PM
To the Lakers fans, Pierce for Bynum:shrug:

effen5
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I call dibs on Ray Allen

sep11ie
01-17-2012, 11:12 PM
I still say Houston would be a good fit.

Ebbs
01-18-2012, 01:04 AM
I think it makes the most sense and would be super entertaining if the Celtics parted with their pieces. However I don't think any of them are traded . ..

Lake_Show2416
01-18-2012, 01:39 AM
To the Lakers fans, Pierce for Bynum:shrug:

:laugh2: no thanx

Federal Reserve
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Pierce is too old to be relevant. He's way past his prime and needs to retire.

jam
01-18-2012, 06:01 AM
If the C's can move Pierce, it frees up $50 mil of salary by season's end. Any GM could see the value in such a move, even if they don't get anywhere near equivalent value in a trade.

The C's are not going to get past the younger, more athletic teams in the east in the playoffs, assuming they make the playoffs.

Swashcuff
01-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm going to love Pierce wherever he ends up...If trading him helps the organization, I'm all for it. Same with Rondo, Ray, and KG.

At the end of the day, it's a business, and Ainge knows he cant let his emotions play a role. He showed it by dealing Perk last year. That was the first domino.

:nod:

If more fans would understand this the World of Pro sports would be much easier for them to comprehend.

Swashcuff
01-18-2012, 09:32 AM
if pujols can leave stl.. than pierce can leave boston

NOOOOOOOOOOO say it aint so. Loyalty is more important than anything else in sports. If Peirce gets traded he's going to be less of a player.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Monta ellis for pierce

Dade County
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Clippers offer Eric Bledsoe(Young talent) and Mo Williams(Exipring).

C-Jordan
PF-Griffin
SF-Butler
SG-J R smith
PG-Paul

FIXED :D ( I know, this came out of no where )

I just thought about this ... J R smith should sign with the clippers, whenever he gets back state side.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Trade him for an expiring contract plus a draft pick or 2. Then let KG and Allen walk and you have a ton of cap space, enough to try to pursuade Dwight and Deron that they can play together in Boston.

Then shop Rondo for a wing player.

Corey
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Pierce and a 1st to Golden State for Monta and Wright.

Pierce to Memphis for Rudy Gay.

Allen, Garnett, First rounder to Atlanta for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Pierce and a 1st to Golden State for Monta and Wright.

Pierce to Memphis for Rudy Gay.

Allen, Garnett, First rounder to Atlanta for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith.

How many 1st rounders does Boston have? Those trades are great, but I can't see the other teams pulling the trigger on any of them.

Corey
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
How many 1st rounders does Boston have? Those trades are great, but I can't see the other teams pulling the trigger on any of them.

They have Boston's and the Clippers.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-18-2012, 11:41 AM

They have Boston's and the Clippers.

Ok. Too bad it wasn't the Clippers pick last year.

But anyways Boston is one of the few teams, if any, that could have the cap space to fit both D12 and Deron. They could push that on them which no other team could, plus still have Rondo, 2 picks, and whatever they can get for Pierce. They could feasibly get those 2, and still have those pieces to build around their superstars, unlike the other teams going this route like Miami and NY.

Corey
01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Only problem is, historically, free agents never want to come to Boston.

Heatcheck
01-18-2012, 11:53 AM

I would do filthy, unspeakable things to your sig

Corey
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
I still say Houston would be a good fit.

Unless you're trading Scola and/or Martin in a big deal, not happening IMO.

Celticsfan2007
01-18-2012, 12:06 PM
I think Pierce would be a great fit for a team like the GSW

mgsports
01-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Pierce to Orlando,Martin/Scola/Luke R. to Boston,Beasley/Redick/Orton to Rockets and to Minnesota Hill/Draft Picks and others?

ZHawk1123
01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Pierce would be perfect on the Lakers, tho just because theyre lakers it wont happen. most high profile celt/laker athlete since Rick Fox?

Shaq says, 'hello'.

sep11ie
01-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Unless you're trading Scola and/or Martin in a big deal, not happening IMO.

Actually I was thinking Kevin Martin would be great for that deal. Martin + expirings(TWill, Thabeet, Budinger, Jordan Hill or someone) would be a decent package.

Houston:

Lowry/Dragic
Lee/?
Pierce/Parsons/Morris
Scola/Patterson/Morris
Dalambert/?

sep11ie
01-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Pierce to Orlando,Martin/Scola/Luke R. to Boston,Beasley/Redick/Orton to Rockets and to Minnesota Hill/Draft Picks and others?

Ha, Scola, Martin, Hill, and picks for Beasley, Redick, and Orton... WOW.

Corey
01-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Actually I was thinking Kevin Martin would be great for that deal. Martin + expirings(TWill, Thabeet, Budinger, Jordan Hill or someone) would be a decent package.

Houston:

Lowry/Dragic
Lee/?
Pierce/Parsons/Morris
Scola/Patterson/Morris
Dalambert/?

We'd have to trade Ray in a separate deal then, unless you wanted to include Scola for Ray as well.

I personally think Martin+Budinger could be interesting.

sep11ie
01-18-2012, 01:06 PM
We'd have to trade Ray in a separate deal then, unless you wanted to include Scola for Ray as well.

I personally think Martin+Budinger could be interesting.

I just assumed Ray would be moved in a seperate deal in a Boston blow up... I don't think we could lose Scola too.

BGeer091
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
A friend of mine suggested a 3 team trade that was pretty much this... I'm not sure how I feel about it lol Tell me what you guys think.

Boston Gets:
Bynum
Thabeet

Lakers Get:
Garnett
O'Neal
Scola

Houston Gets:
Gasol

I like it for Boston. However I'm a huge Bynum fan and I think Rondo + Bynum is a good core to start with. Especially with potentially Jeff Green, and Bass. Thabeet has nice upside as a Center off the bench to just play defense. I really believe that Doc could get alot out of him.

For the Lakers how can you not love it? They would clear alot of cap room for next year. While still having a championship caliber team. One that actually might fit into a Mike Brown type team.

Houston well its obvious they get Gasol. A guy that they really covet.

So what do you guys think? The idea kinda surprised me but I think I like it. I can't imagine Boston trading Peirce or Rondo.

Corey
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Yea, I wouldn't expect you to lose both without getting a legit PF back.

Corey
01-18-2012, 01:19 PM
1) Pierce to the Rockets for Kevin Martin + Chase Budinger
2) Ray Allen for Beasley + Wes Johnson
3) KG+Wes Johnson+First rounder for Josh Smith+Zaza+Marvin Williams

Rondo - Dooling
Martin - Pietrus
Beasley - Budinger
Smith - Bass - JO
Zaza - Wilcox - JO

Atlanta gets Smith off the books, all they would have to do is move JJ for an expiring and they could get a second chance at rebuilding around Horford and Teague.

Minny gets a veteran to put with Love, and someone that could make Rubio look even better than he is. Great knock down shooter.

Houston gets Pierce. (As seppie just suggested)

Boston gets a core of Martin, Rondo, and Smith to build around.

sep11ie
01-18-2012, 01:21 PM

Rondo - Dooling
Martin - Pietrus
Beasley - Budinger
Smith - Bass - JO
Zaza - Wilcox - JO

Atlanta gets Smith off the books, all they would have to do is move JJ for an expiring and they could get a second chance at rebuilding around Horford and Teague.

Minny gets a veteran to put with Love, and someone that could make Rubio look even better than he is. Great knock down shooter.

That's rebuilding while contending. I may not even call it rebuilding, more like retooling.

Corey
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
If that were possible, I'd be very happy.

Vincent33
01-18-2012, 01:34 PM

Rondo - Dooling
Martin - Pietrus
Beasley - Budinger
Smith - Bass - JO
Zaza - Wilcox - JO

I would be happy with that. More than happy actually if that came to fruition. Hate to see Pierce in another uniform but at the end of the day, gotta cheer for the uniform, not who wears it.

Raph12
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Pierce and KG are struggling mightily right now, I don't know if their health or just a decline...

Celticsfan2007
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
A friend of mine suggested a 3 team trade that was pretty much this... I'm not sure how I feel about it lol Tell me what you guys think.

Boston Gets:
Bynum
Thabeet

Lakers Get:
Garnett
O'Neal
Scola

Houston Gets:
Gasol

I like it for Boston. However I'm a huge Bynum fan and I think Rondo + Bynum is a good core to start with. Especially with potentially Jeff Green, and Bass. Thabeet has nice upside as a Center off the bench to just play defense. I really believe that Doc could get alot out of him.

For the Lakers how can you not love it? They would clear alot of cap room for next year. While still having a championship caliber team. One that actually might fit into a Mike Brown type team.

So what do you guys think? The idea kinda surprised me but I think I like it. I can't imagine Boston trading Peirce or Rondo.

I like this deal ALOT from a Boston standpoint. I'm sure Houston would love it too, but I think Houston needs to throw in Kevin Martin in order for this to get done.

mgsports
01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Orlando gets
Allen
Garnett
O'Neal
Gibson

Boston gets
Redick/Duhon/Varejo/Orton/Clark/Jamison and so on

Cavs get
Vasquez/Vander One/Luggins/Harper/Draft Picks and so on

Swashcuff
01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
LMAO @ these guys trying to RAPE the Lakers

shep33
01-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Boston Gets:
Bynum
Thabeet

Lakers Get:
Garnett
O'Neal
Scola

Houston Gets:
Gasol

Bynum + Gasol for KG, Jermaine or Shaq (basically the same production at this point, and I know Shaq is on TNT), and Scola....

No thank you

BGeer091
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Bynum + Gasol for KG, Jermaine or Shaq (basically the same production at this point, and I know Shaq is on TNT), and Scola....

No thank you

The big picture here is the cap room they will have if they try to get Dwight Howard next off season.

JordansBulls
01-18-2012, 02:20 PM

Kinda similar with Chicago as well. Boston seems to draft all of it's stars. Cousy, HONDO, Russell of course, Bird, Pierce, and then get others in trades like Mchale, Parish, Garnett, Allen.

naps
01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
If Pierce is moved then there is no value of being loyal to a franchise. Only Duncan and Pierce are true loyal players of this generation. May be Dirk as well but he already said he would have considered joining the Heat if they made a call.

Corey
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM

Kinda similar with Chicago as well. Boston seems to draft all of it's stars. Cousy, HONDO, Russell of course, Bird, Pierce, and then get others in trades like Mchale, Parish, Garnett, Allen.
Yeppp..trade or draft.

James Posey is arguably Bostons most productive free agent signing ever. THATS sad.

Robbw241
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Pierce for Bledsoe and mo will makes sense

speakerboxx
01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_kendrick_perkins_thunder_celtics_nba_0 11712

True but have they seen the pending free agents...not impressive at all...Outside of Howard...the market is weak...

Celticsfan2007
01-18-2012, 02:41 PM

For what team?

You do realize that the C's have Rondo/Dooling/Bradley...

Why would they want 2 more PG's?

Corey
01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Lol for who

shep33
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
The big picture here is the cap room they will have if they try to get Dwight Howard next off season.

But if the Lakers want cap space, they already have a team option on Bynum this summer, so why not just hang onto him? Scola still has like 4 years left on his deal, so that doesn't help us.

JordansBulls
01-18-2012, 09:22 PM
If Pierce is moved then there is no value of being loyal to a franchise. Only Duncan and Pierce are true loyal players of this generation. May be Dirk as well but he already said he would have considered joining the Heat if they made a call.

Back in 2007 Pierce said he was wanting to be out if the Celtics didn't acquire anyone and then they got Ray Allen and KG.