PDA

View Full Version : TNT Crew of Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, & Shaq Thinks Lakers Would Beat OKC ...

JordansBulls
01-17-2012, 02:54 PM
TNT Crew of Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, & Shaq Thinks Lakers Would Beat OKC in a playoff series.

Thoughts!!!

Sadds The Gr8
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
If Kobe fed the ball to the bigs and didn't try to play hero, then a Lakers victory wouldnt surprise me. I still don't believe in OKC's frontcourt. I thought Ibaka would've made a bigger difference...

ManRam
01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
My thoughts?

They're entitled to their opinions. I'm entitled to mine. Mine does not align with theirs :shrug:

thekmp211
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
whatever they will change their mind next week. or not. it makes no difference. imo it's just too early to make claims like that.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Is this with or with out Kobe shooting the ball 30+ times? If he takes a modest 15-18 shots and gets Pau and Bynum involved, then hell yea they can. If not, they the Lakers get swept

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Lakers size would still dominate, and Lakers team defense is better than the defense that OKC faced in 2010 1st rd. There still that alpha male friction between Westbrook-Durant in who takes the most shots.

Iodine
01-17-2012, 03:14 PM
My thoughts: http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg

shep33
01-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I think we (Lakers) are a pg away from being very very good. I don't know if we can beat them now though... but our bigs would cause a lot of problems for them, just as their pg would do to ours. Gotta say the Mavs provide some matchup problems for OKC too, but OKC is the best team out west right now.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 03:15 PM
I think we (Lakers) are a pg away from being very very good. I don't know if we can beat them now though... but our bigs would cause a lot of problems for them, just as their pg would do to ours. Gotta say the Mavs provide some matchup problems for OKC too, but OKC is the best team out west right now.

Playoffs all about matchups indeed.

sjbirds
01-17-2012, 03:15 PM
i have to go with okc and the yound legs rather then lal.

Iodine
01-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Also I thought we were past taking anything the TNT crew says as anything other than Shtick to drive up their ratings?

Law25
01-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Kobe needs to take 20 shots a game becuase he dosent get the star bailout calls as consistant as the Lebrons, Durants, Wades and Dirks. Also taking less than 20 shots would put to much presure on our bigs to be shot makers. IMO

THE GIPPER
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Nobody on the Lakers can match up with Westbrook or Durant

justinnum1
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
who guards westrbook?

Law25
01-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Also Lakers need him to be a major threat still becuase Pau gets pushed away from his confort zone alot and Bynum isnt great with handling doubles yet. If he shoots less teams would load up on Bynum in the post. Also Lebron and Durant can keep a shooting rythm becuase they see the ball goin in on freethrow. With Kobe not getting the consistant call it can trow him out of rythm shooting less.

Iron24th
01-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Too early to tell,both teams have some weaknesses right now.

Broke3113
01-17-2012, 03:22 PM
People saying Kobe needs to take less than 20 shots are crazy. how are they going to score? 20-23 Shots for Kobe and let the Bigs get theres. Even though i think the lakers still need to bring in another scorer for them to win a championship.

blystr2002
01-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Who would match up with Durant or Westbrook is valid, but so is who would match up with Bynum or Pau. Also, with Mike Brown's defensive coaching they are better overall in that department and I don't see there being a lot of open lanes to drive down after a season of perfecting it. It wouldn't be an upset either way.

As for Kobe's shooting attempts. The bigs are getting the touches they should. Kobe's extra touches are coming from no Odom and Fisher not getting shots every game.

Baller1
01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Everyone wants to talk about the Lakers bigs dominating, but who the hell is going to guard Westbrook? Kobe...? Then who guards Harden? Metta...? Then who guards Durant?

People seem to forget that we have a very, very strong interior presence on defense, and a bench that's light years ahead of LA. Harden and Collison alone makes OKC's bench better than LA's.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Everyone wants to talk about the Lakers bigs dominating, but who the hell is going to guard Westbrook? Kobe...? Then who guards Harden? Metta...? Then who guards Durant?

People seem to forget that we have a very, very strong interior presence on defense, and a bench that's light years ahead of LA. Harden and Collison alone makes OKC's bench better than LA's.

Interior may be good, but you still lack height. Height is huge.

THE GIPPER
01-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Kobe can shut down the Laker bigs all by himself! ;)

mjokc
01-17-2012, 03:42 PM

People are being downright silly, OKC is the LAST team the Lakers want to see in the playoffs. What is with this consensus that OKC couldn't handle Lakers bigs? Are you kidding me? Perk can single cover Bynum, Ibaka can handle Gasol. Thabo is one of the "Kobe stoppers" in the league. (Although there is no such thing as a real Kobe stopper). So I'm supposed to believe the Lakers are going to stop Durant, Wesbrook and Harden, while at the same time dominite against possibly the best interior defense in the league?

Baller1
01-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Interior may be good, but you still lack height. Height is huge.

Jeff Green was OKC's starting PF against a MUCH better LA team a couple seasons ago.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Jeff Green was OKC's starting PF against a MUCH better LA team a couple seasons ago.

We also had hobbled Bynum in that 1st rd.

Baller1
01-17-2012, 03:59 PM
We also had hobbled Bynum in that 1st rd.

So the only improvement I see to LA heading into this postseason would be a healthy Bynum (that'd be a miracle).

Meanwhile, you lose Odom, you lose Shannon, Fisher is living in a retirement home, Pau is still a pu**y, and Artest is inept on the offensive side of things (even more so nowadays).

On the flip side of things, OKC added Perk to counter Bynum's (supposed) health, has the best bench player in the NBA (while the Lakers lose theirs), has a much deeper bench, and now boasts a very strong inside presence with the departure of Green to make room for Ibaka.

Kobe2324
01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
well if you consider injuries and whatnot then no probly not right now, but do i agree that by playoff time the Lakers could beat OKC, yes I do. They just need time to gel and get healthy, are they gonna win a championship with this roster probly not, but I think they could come out of the west if they get on track. A big trade wouldn't hurt lol

Federal Reserve
01-17-2012, 04:04 PM
So the only people who think the Lakers can beat the Thunder are Laker fans? Seems about right.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
So the only improvement I see to LA heading into this postseason would be a healthy Bynum (that'd be a miracle).

Meanwhile, you lose Odom, you lose Shannon, Fisher is living in a retirement home, Pau is still a pu**y, and Artest is inept on the offensive side of things (even more so nowadays).

On the flip side of things, OKC added Perk to counter Bynum's (supposed) health, has the best bench player in the NBA (while the Lakers lose theirs), has a much deeper bench, and now boasts a very strong inside presence with the departure of Green to make room for Ibaka.

I love how you're trying to devalue my Lakers when OKC still has the biggest issue of Westbrook trying to hog the spotlight from Durant. Plus, Perkins will be overaggressive and get into foul trouble just like that (this isn't Boston will he has all the green lime lights, KG, and the Celtics legacy to exempt him from the refs like he was all those yrs in Boston).

Baller1
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I love how you're trying to devalue my Lakers when OKC still has the biggest issue of Westbrook trying to hog the spotlight from Durant. Plus, Perkins will be overaggressive and get into foul trouble just like that (this isn't Boston will he has all the green lime lights, KG, and the Celtics legacy to exempt him from the refs like he was all those yrs in Boston).

So your argument is that our two best players are too good to work together, and that Perkins will get fouls because he's not a Celtic.

Ok.

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Sure they could if they played well. OKC is not some dynasty, they are young and talented but not unbeatable. I think OKC would probably be favored since they will most likely have home court.

darrenstover23
01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
I kind of agree with this. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that it will be OKC in the end. I think the Lakers are a stealthy team. The've had their ups and downs early but I think by the end of the season, the Lakers could be an incredibly tough out. Mike Brown really has that Lakers team playing defense. I think Kobe needs to pick his spots more and stop playing like he has something to prove in January. I'd be a little concerned that he might get injured or wear himself out.

I think the west is wide open. I can see the Clippers, Lakers, Thunder, Nuggets, Blazers, or Grizzlies being there in the end.

Raph12
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
The playoffs are all about matchups; Ibaka/Collison on Pau (Pau can't deal with physical defenses), Perk on Bynum (he can push him out of the paint, making it difficult), Sefalosha/Harden/Durant on Kobe (keep him near/under 50%); now that you got the Lakers big 3 covered, who deals with Westbrook?... Give me the Thunder in 6.

daboywonder2002
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
if they feed bynum and let him average 20-10, then yes. lakers will win. if kobe gets frustrated with bynum not making his shots and tries to take the game over, then no. okc wins

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 04:30 PM
who guards westrbook?

grandpa Derek:shrug:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 04:33 PM
So the only people who think the Lakers can beat the Thunder are Laker fans? Seems about right.

Didnt knew barkley was a LA fan:facepalm:

epizo1
01-17-2012, 04:42 PM
No upgrade at PG for LA probably means OKC wins it. LA is still formidable so to say they have no chance would be ignorant. However, if I was a betting man my money is on OKC, unfortunately.

epizo1
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM

I guess I just debunked your theory :)

Lakeshow24KB
01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Fisher<Westbrook
Kobe>sefalosha
Durant>Barnes
Pau>Ibaka
Bynum>Perkins
LA def>OKC def
LA bench<OKC bench
LA frontline>OKC frontline.
LA backcourt<OKC backcourt.
Hell of a matchup.
All these are IMO

wizardsfan3
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Kobe guards Westbrook, RON ARTEST (I will never call him by that name he goes by now) and Matt Barnes will switch off on guarding Durant. Plus I wouldn't say OKC has a much better bench then LA, when OKC only has Harden coming off the bench. He's playing his *** of this year by the way. IMO they both have terrible benches.

Avenged
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Possibly. It's not far fetched to believe. :eyebrow:

Run&Gun
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
As much as I hate the Lakers, I think they have a better chance against OKC then we give them credit for.

But to be honest even though Bynum is looking amazing this year and they play really good defense, Lakers basketball is pretty ugly right now on Offense, full of Isolation plays, and Pau doesn't look involved anymore.

I think it would really come down to the tempo of the game. If OKC can push the break with their blocks/steals/rebounds they can win, they're certainly built for that purpose. However; if the game is a slow half court defense it's more of a toss up. Bynum/Gasol/Kobe are more efficient/comfortable scorers in the half court than anyone on OKC. Basically only ways for the Lakers to win is if they have keep the pace of the game slowed down, but if I was gonna bet on a series I'd say OKC.

Jenceman
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM
If you're gonna say OKC is the favorite out west, then the Lakers have the best shot to take them out.

The Lakers need a new pg to be able to really have the edge.

fresh prince
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Kobe can shut down the Laker bigs all by himself! ;)

Look at the FGA column..That means field goals attempted.

Field Goals mean Shots....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3936

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3513;_ylt=AmWjXjgoSTQTSIhou9VLjNohPaB4

Bynum deservedly is putting up more shots than ever and Pau also deservedly (not being aggressive) is getting about 1 less shot per game than his career average.

fresh prince
01-17-2012, 06:18 PM
As much as I hate the Lakers, I think they have a better chance against OKC then we give them credit for.

But to be honest even though Bynum is looking amazing this year and they play really good defense, Lakers basketball is pretty ugly right now on Offense, full of Isolation plays, and Pau doesn't look involved anymore.

I think it would really come down to the tempo of the game. If OKC can push the break with their blocks/steals/rebounds they can win, they're certainly built for that purpose. However; if the game is a slow half court defense it's more of a toss up. Bynum/Gasol/Kobe are more efficient/comfortable scorers in the half court than anyone on OKC. Basically only ways for the Lakers to win is if they have keep the pace of the game slowed down, but if I was gonna bet on a series I'd say OKC.

I agree with all of this especially offensively. The Lakers need a quick PG who can penetrate and create shots for others EVERYONE sees this except for our front Office. If they don't address this flaw they go no where.

bovice163
01-17-2012, 06:35 PM
It's a definite possibility. As good as Ibaka and Perkins are defensively, Pau and Bynum have a very nice interior chemistry going and may easily overpower OKC. Durant and Kobe will most likely cancel each other out in terms of scoring. Obviously the catalyst in the series is Westbrook, but I just feel in a series like this, Westbrook's importance will go to his head, taking away looks from KD. I'll take OKC in 7 simply because of their talent and depth advantages over LA, but it's a very close call.

sp1derm00
01-17-2012, 06:41 PM
IMO, LA's biggest advantage is Westbrook.

Westbrook is not a smart player and is not a good shooter. True, he can penetrate, but our bigs should be able to bother him enough to force him into a ton of bad shots.

Putting Dfish on Westbrook might be the smartest thing the Lakers could do.

shep33
01-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I'll also say this, Ron Artest guards Durant probably better than anyone in the league. He has consistently held Durant in check most of the times the two teams have played. I still think OKC wins... however, if the Lakers get a pg, I think the Lakers become very very difficult to beat by anyone in the league

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2012, 06:49 PM
It's not like OKC is WAY better than lakers. I do believe OKC is the best team out West right now but even with the current teams it's not like Lakers beating OKC would be an upset. OKC should be favored but not to the point where it would shock people if lakers won.

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2012, 06:51 PM
It's a definite possibility. As good as Ibaka and Perkins are defensively, Pau and Bynum have a very nice interior chemistry going and may easily overpower OKC. Durant and Kobe will most likely cancel each other out in terms of scoring. Obviously the catalyst in the series is Westbrook, but I just feel in a series like this, Westbrook's importance will go to his head, taking away looks from KD. I'll take OKC in 7 simply because of their talent and depth advantages over LA, but it's a very close call.

Couldn't have said it better my self. :clap:

GREATNESS ONE
01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't think it's so far fetched that recent Back 2 back Champions would beat a up and coming team but hey that's why we play the games. Oklahoma isn't gonna be a easy out that's for sure.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 07:50 PM
The playoffs are all about matchups; Ibaka/Collison on Pau (Pau can't deal with physical defenses), Perk on Bynum (he can push him out of the paint, making it difficult), Sefalosha/Harden/Durant on Kobe (keep him near/under 50%); now that you got the Lakers big 3 covered, who deals with Westbrook?... Give me the Thunder in 6.

Okay, now we can play the other hand.

Barnes/MWP/Kobe on Durant. Bynum doesn't even have to guard Perk since Perk is offensively inept. Gasol/Bynum length on Ibaka. Blake/Bryant(bum ankle in game 5 2010 1st rd shut down Westbrook)/MWP/Barnes/Fish on Westbrook...and so on and so forth.

Bruno
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
it'd be a hell of a series. wouldn't be surprised if it went either way.

JordansBulls
01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
When the Thunder were an 8th seed, they nearly beat the Lakers and this with Durant playing like Crap and also not having a decent center. Now add in Perkins for defense and the play of Harden and also the improvement of Durant and also the Lakers being worse, then it makes it a tough sell. But then again in 2008 the Cavs took the better Celtics 7 games and in 2010 when the Cavs were significantly better than they were in 2008 and the Celtics significantly worse than they were in 2008 managed to beat the Cavs quicker in 6 games.

JJ_JKidd
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Predictions again SMH :facepalm:

Did anyone predict that the Mavs would go all the way last season?

KB24PG16
01-17-2012, 09:01 PM
the west is pretty weak when people think the thunder are the favorite anyone that makes the playoffs in the west could probably run the table. no team is invincible including the thunder

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
IMO, LA's biggest advantage is Westbrook.

Westbrook is not a smart player and is not a good shooter. True, he can penetrate, but our bigs should be able to bother him enough to force him into a ton of bad shots.

Putting Dfish on Westbrook might be the smartest thing the Lakers could do.

You know what?...I would have to actually agree with you on this. The adjustment can be made on Westbrook, as we saw Kobe do it in Game 5 of the 2010 1st rd. Westbrook is an athletic freak and skilled, but his IQ is nothing to rave about. He takes bad shots at bad moments, has turnovers at the worst moments, and he's not one of those point guards that can make that quick adjustment on the fly if there is a certain defense that is being thrown at him.

I still think Lakers stifling hard-nosed team defense will be enough to get past OKC.

Bruno
01-17-2012, 09:58 PM
When the Thunder were an 8th seed, they nearly beat the Lakers and this with Durant playing like Crap

they nearly took the lakers to seven. by those standards the jazz almost beat the bulls in the '98 finals.

bryant didn't also play like crap?

durant played like crap because artest shut him down. Bryant played like crap because he didn't have his knee drained yet and thabo played him well(as soon as it happened his numbers sky-rocketed). two years have passed, any strong notion of artests ability vs. durant will be speculation; artest is older, but has durant shown he can dominate a physical defense in the playoffs yet? LA can throw barnes at him too.

Baller1
01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
they nearly took the lakers to seven. by those standards the jazz almost beat the bulls in the '98 finals.

durant played like crap because artest shut him down. Bryant played like crap because he didn't have his knee drained yet and thabo played him well(as soon as it happened his numbers sky-rocketed). two years have passed, any strong notion of artests ability vs. durant will be speculation; artest is older, but has durant shown he can dominate a physical defense in the playoffs yet? LA can throw barnes at him too.

Memphis and Dallas both played great D against KD, at least in my opinion. But honestly, Artest is nooooothing like he was just two years ago.

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Memphis and Dallas both played great D against KD, at least in my opinion. But honestly, Artest is nooooothing like he was just two years ago.

Have to agree with this. Barnes can do a solid job though, not saying he'll shut down Durant at all but good enough D to make KD work for his points. Bynum is also way better than he was 2 years ago and don't say perkins is gonna shut him down. .

lakers4sho
01-18-2012, 12:43 AM
At their absolute best? I think the Lakers will win.

But I've never seen the Lakers play at their absolute best. Or maybe this is their absolute best. I don't know. It's too early to tell.

Baller1
01-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Have to agree with this. Barnes can do a solid job though, not saying he'll shut down Durant at all but good enough D to make KD work for his points. Bynum is also way better than he was 2 years ago and don't say perkins is gonna shut him down. .

I won't deny that. But we also didn't have Perk two seasons ago... So I think the addition of Perk counters Bynum's improvement.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I won't deny that. But we also didn't have Perk two seasons ago... So I think the addition of Perk counters Bynum's improvement.

As I said, Perk will probably get into early foul trouble against Bynum. He's not going to have the same freedom he once did wearing the White&Green in Boston with the whole Celtics franchise galore and KG backing him up and protecting it. The guy is now on his own. He won't get that lee-way of being overly physical and bullying that he once did in Boston.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-18-2012, 12:53 AM
When the Thunder were an 8th seed, they nearly beat the Lakers and this with Durant playing like Crap and also not having a decent center. Now add in Perkins for defense and the play of Harden and also the improvement of Durant and also the Lakers being worse, then it makes it a tough sell. But then again in 2008 the Cavs took the better Celtics 7 games and in 2010 when the Cavs were significantly better than they were in 2008 and the Celtics significantly worse than they were in 2008 managed to beat the Cavs quicker in 6 games.

It's always easier to be the hunter, instead of the hunted. At that time, the Lakers were the hunted and the Thunder were a quite little young team. The Lakers also got taken to 7 games by a crappy Rocket team on their way to a championship. If the Rockets played the Lakers this year, I wonder if they could say "we'll win because we took you to 7 games the last time we played, and now you're worse." That series has no barring on what would happen this year.

tredigs
01-18-2012, 12:57 AM

That was a much different version of Ron Artest who still a chip on his shoulder and a lot to play for (see: ring). That was also a 21 yr old KD's first ever playoff series, a far cry from what he grew into in the playoffs last year and what we can expect growing forward.

OKC is just far too athletic and top to bottom solid and/or elite for the Lakers current roster at this point. They're still young, but now have a defined and continually growing core who have nearly 25 playoff games under their belt.

I'd say OKC wins 8 out of every 10 series the teams would play. Have to remember that the Lakers will almost definitely no longer have HCA against this Thunder team.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Also, everyone forgets about the Blazers. They are a very good team

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Playoffs is about defense, rebounding, and having a good half court offense. I like the Lakers chances

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2012, 01:03 AM

That's what I'm saying, it's basically a pretty even matchup although I have to admit i think OKC is better. Like i said earlier though, it would not be a shocker no matter which team came out on top.

lakers4sho
01-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Also, everyone forgets about the Blazers. They are a very good team

They choke in the playoffs though. I felt they could've beat Dallas last year.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-18-2012, 01:15 AM
They choke in the playoffs though. I felt they could've beat Dallas last year.

I don't know. I just think that every team has to struggle to be able to go to a championship. The lakers in the early Shaq years "choked" a couple of series away. We seen how that turned out. The Mavs were labeled as chokers up until last june. Sometimes things just changed

Baller1
01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Let me make it clear, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers took the series... But I think the fact that so many people still think OKC lacks experience, size, and depth is beyond me.

lakers4sho
01-18-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't know. I just think that every team has to struggle to be able to go to a championship. The lakers in the early Shaq years "choked" a couple of series away. We seen how that turned out. The Mavs were labeled as chokers up until last june. Sometimes things just changed

But those teams had a superstar, a legitimate game changer who will push the team over the top. Those Lakers had 2, Kobe and Shaq. Mavs have Nowitzki. I just don't see anyone in Portland who is under the same breath as these guys. Aldridge? Wallace? Especially when you're up against teams with legit superstars, come playoff time these guys are the ones you count on to produce.

You might point out the Pistons of 04-whenever. The East was not as good back then, and they only made the finals for 2 years, and won against a hobbled and self destructing Lakers. When DWade+Shaq teamed up, you saw them succeed. When LeBron finally matured, you saw that team beat the Pistons. When the Celtics big 3 came about, Detroit had no answer.

In short, come playoff time, superstar power is the name of the game.

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Let me make it clear, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers took the series... But I think the fact that so many people still think OKC lacks experience, size, and depth is beyond me.

I'll be the first to admit that OKC doesn't lack experience size or depth. OKC is a scary *** team to go up against no doubt.

USMCLaker
01-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Who cares what they say just enjoy the show. Charles is the biggest Laker hater but I wouldn't want watch anyone else. Charles smooching with the ref, epic.

MTar786
01-18-2012, 02:11 AM
artest usually plays ood defense on kd. westbrook would destroy us though. it would go to 7 games. if we still had odom then we'd win for sure. i think we'd still win.. but not comfortably. we need to make a trade

OaklandsFinest
01-18-2012, 02:18 AM
I don't think its Kobe's shot total so much as if he is getting his shot through the offense or what he's doing right now which is hero ball. It will be interesting to see how he plays against miami on thursday with young players who play TOUGH D. No offense but who all did he light up for 40? Phoenix, Utah, Cleveland, and the Clippers, and out of those teams the only decent one beat the Lakers.. So Kobe obviously can get away with it at times, but against OKC who is just as big as LA, with Westbrook, and a better scorer in Durant. I am taking OKC all day. I am not fooled by the point totals Kobe's putting up the Lakers are still average, and they aren't going to beat really good teams as constructed with this offense in place. That is the exact reason their offense stalls in late games, and thats why Kobe shoots 30 pct in crunch time no structure.