PDA

View Full Version : Otis Smith AGREED to trade Dwight to NJ last month but Magic owners stopped deal!

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Back in December, the Orlando Magic DID INDEED AGREE to send their star player Dwight Howard to the New Jersey Nets. It's being reported by HoopsWorld that at the last*minute, the ownership of the Orlando Magic STOPPED THE DEAL
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/orlando_magic_agreed_to_trade_dwight_howard_to_nj_ nets_but_magic_ownership_stopped_deal/9367241

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Otis smith is the worst GM in the history of history. BROOK LOPEZ AND PICKS? picks from a team with d12 deron Brooks hump?

Freaking idiot I pray hes fired or deported. Owners save this team lolololol Lopez and picks?

Greet
01-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Lopez + picks is better than nothing. It's also better than the cap hell they're going to get from the Lakers or Bulls.

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
^ what?

RLundi
01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Lopez + picks is better than nothing. It's also better than the cap hell they're going to get from the Lakers or Bulls.

Cap hell? Lol Bynum's deal expires after 2 seasons. Lopez and picks in December would have been an egregiously horrible deal. It'll be much better at the deadline when MarShon Brooks becomes available and the Nets suck even more, virtually guaranteeing the pick is a lottery one.

D1JM
01-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Wasn't this stated last month?

RLundi
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Wasn't this stated last month?

First time I'm hearing of it.

And I'm glad ownership stepped in. Otis Smith is an imbecile.

jimbobjarree
01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Otis smith is the worst GM in the history of history. BROOK LOPEZ AND PICKS? picks from a team with d12 deron Brooks hump?

Freaking idiot I pray hes fired or deported. Owners save this team lolololol Lopez and picks?

If I was a Magic fan I'd be starting to become open to the idea of Brook Lopez and picks. Its either going to be that at the deadline, or nothing at all.

YoungOne
01-17-2012, 11:35 AM
since he is in a giving mode... can we have ryan anderson aswell?

RLundi
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm actually hoping to get Lopez, Brooks and a hopefully top 5 pick in the draft. I think that's the best deal for the future.

But if LA comes calling with Bynum and another established player, I think we have to consider it. I'd just want to start completely over. Jettison Nelson, J-Rich and Turk (even though he's playing marvelously) out of town along with Howard and try to get back some younger talent. That way we build around Bynum (if he can stay healthy) with scorers and veterans.

But the Nets route also seems extremely intriguing...

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
If I was a Magic fan I'd be starting to become open to the idea of Brook Lopez and picks. Its either going to be that at the deadline, or nothing at all.

Well ur not, hell your not a fan of the game thinking that's acceptable for a top 2 player.

Kleonidas
01-17-2012, 11:39 AM
More proof that Otis should be fired. Trade are only All-star before the All-Star game that's in Orlando. Everyone with a brain knows if you getting Jerseys pick, Wait to the last second to get the best pick you can. Otis would've got a pick in the 20's if he traded D12 at the start of the year.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Magic owner learned that from David Stern. And it saved the Magic from being ****.

Good job Stern.

shep33
01-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I read about this a week or so ago I think, source wasn't the best but I guess it was true.

Lopez + picks? Wow.

Greet
01-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Cap hell? Lol Bynum's deal expires after 2 seasons. Lopez and picks in December would have been an egregiously horrible deal. It'll be much better at the deadline when MarShon Brooks becomes available and the Nets suck even more, virtually guaranteeing the pick is a lottery one.

OH, so you're going to have only two years of cap hell with an injury prone center and then you're just going to lose him because we all know he's not going to stay in Orlando if they aren't winning. Also you aren't just going to get Bynum, you're going to be stuck with other players. Like the guys who say they want Pau Gasol too, lol!

Exactly. Look at your Jazz for example. They pulled the trade at the deadline (which made the Nets pick worse and worse) and now they have two of the most high potential big men in the game. Favors and Kanter can become a force in the future, and they also have nice trade pieces in Al and Milsap. That's how you rebuild. The Jazz are going to be a force in a couple of year, why? Because they traded their star player and started a rebuild process.

Tmath
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I would stay away from Lopez. There is a good chance he's going to be the next Yao Ming and not in a good way.

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
OH, so you're going to have only two years of cap hell with an injury prone center and then you're just going to lose him because we all know he's not going to stay in Orlando if they aren't winning. Also you aren't just going to get Bynum, you're going to be stuck with other players. Like the guys who say they want Pau Gasol too, lol!

Exactly. Look at your Jazz for example. They pulled the trade at the deadline (which made the Nets pick worse and worse) and now they have two of the most high potential big men in the game. Favors and Kanter can become a force in the future, and they also have nice trade pieces in Al and Milsap. That's how you rebuild. The Jazz are going to be a force in a couple of year, why? Because they traded their star player and started a rebuild process.

Please don't post again. Your gonna compare getting kanter, favors and Harris and whatever else they got .........too brook Lopez and picks in the 20s?????? Lmao

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 11:55 AM

trololololo

HouRealCoach
01-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Lopez and picks isnt THAT bad... now they might add Brooks and Humphries or Okur to take back Turkgolu and with the way the Nets are playing now that pick should be Top 10 and they could probably end up with Lopez, & Sullinger/Anthony Davis with cap space

I think that Brooks is playing well because he is playing next to Deron Williams

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 11:56 AM
so basically in other words this means no Dwight for NJ?

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Well ur not, hell your not a fan of the game thinking that's acceptable for a top 2 player.

Well then I sure as hell hope you don't think Bynum and garbage is?

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
lopez + our 2 picks next season can turn out really well

it could be lopez and davis/barnes/drummond/gilchrist/jones

and the other pick will probably be around 15-18 if houston makes the playoffs

rurichie
01-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Nets aren't giving up Brooks your insane

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 12:03 PM

I don't think it means that at all. I think the allstar game had a lot to do with it and they could easily get that deal on the table again, it's not going anywhere.

b_russ
01-17-2012, 12:03 PM

The Jazz were in a different situation. They had all the leverage because Deron didn't run his mouth and lessen his trade value like Howard's doing to the Magic. Billy King had to think fast and make a decision at the deadline (in fact, initially he and Kevin O'Connor weren't on the phone about a D-Will trade, but a Kirilenko trade.) Now Utah's smelling roses because they made the move before the drama.

Orlando should at least do something or they'll end up like Cleveland with just a charity first round pick, instead of multiple assets even if they don't sniff the worthiness of Howard. Its a superstar league unless managment can out smart them quickly.

blystr2002
01-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I understand waiting for it to be a worse pick, so I am not opposing those of you suggesting that. However, the people who say Brook Lopez and picks isn't good at all do not fully understand how bad it will be when Howard leaves and you get nothing. Is Lopez any where close to Howard? No! He is a top 5 Center though and you will get a lottery pick. You do not want to be the Cavaliers.

As for Bynum, he is a stud and a very close second to Howard Center wise. Also, you could get the Lakers to take Turk and give you cap relief. If Bynum gets injured again you can just not resign him in 2 years or trade him.

You are not going to get a completely fair trade for Howard, but you need to take something. You are not going to win this year with him and will be set back soo far if you get nothing and he signs as a FA somewhere.

wjmoffatt
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
That's a horrible deal! Wait until the deadline, I'd be pissed if o was Dwight cause he won't be making the playoffs now

JNA17
01-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Well Brook is injured and once the lakers make that official offer, this whole Dwight drama will officially be over :D

Greet
01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Please don't post again. Your gonna compare getting kanter, favors and Harris and whatever else they got .........too brook Lopez and picks in the 20s?????? Lmao

I'm comparing two raw players with high potential with a one of the best offensive big men in the game, a rookie that seems to have high potential, a great lottery pick and another pick that's in the 20s

RLundi
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM

They literally have no choice.

It's insane to think he won't be included in the deal.

Greet
01-17-2012, 12:11 PM

The only way to keep Brooks out of it is to pull the trigger on the Morrow/Farmar for Mayo swap and then put Mayo in the deal. But I don't see that likely and I do think any trade will include Marshon.

RLundi
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
The only way to keep Brooks out of it is to pull the trigger on the Morrow/Farmar for Mayo swap and then put Mayo in the deal. But I don't see that likely and I do think any trade will include Marshon.

Either way, the trade is going to have to be a big one involving other teams and players because the salaries have to come close to matching. Right now Lopez and Brooks only combine for $4M or so, and some other players will have to be included.

I do think if we obtain Brooks, we'll try to trade J-Rich and/or Nelson in the deal, to who, at this point is anyone's guess.

But March 15th is going to be a very exciting day for a number of franchises.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Hold up, so Bynum is injury prone and playing...Lopez isn't injury prone but hurt...Hmmm. Interesting. Bynum has had freak injuries that have healed. Shouldn't be an ongoing injury. Lopez injured his foot. Something that was reaccuring for another big man by the name of Yao Ming. Heard of him? The same guy who ended up retiring because of his foot?

And you're not very bright if you don't think Brooks would be included. The deal would most likely look like Dwight + Turk for Lopez + Brooks + Picks

I'm comparing two raw players with high potential with a one of the best offensive big men in the game, a rookie that seems to have high potential, a great lottery pick and another pick that's in the 20s

Bynum is putting up some very impressive numbers this year. Scoring and rebounding this year is beyond impressive. If Kobe wasn't taking 40 shots a game, Bynum's numbers would be even better

Greet
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Either way, the trade is going to have to be a big one involving other teams and players because the salaries have to come close to matching. Right now Lopez and Brooks only combine for $4M or so, and some other players will have to be included.

I do think if we obtain Brooks, we'll try to trade J-Rich and/or Nelson in the deal, to who, at this point is anyone's guess.

But March 15th is going to be a very exciting day for a number of franchises.

Yes sir. I really can't wait. I would go crazy if we signed Dwight Howard, I would go to the Nets first home game he's there. That would be crazy.

Greet
01-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Hold up, so Bynum is injury prone and playing...Lopez isn't injury prone but hurt...Hmmm. Interesting. Bynum has had freak injuries that have healed. Shouldn't be an ongoing injury. Lopez injured his foot. Something that was reaccuring for another big man by the name of Yao Ming. Heard of him? The same guy who ended up retiring because of his foot?

Bynum is putting up some very impressive numbers this year. Scoring and rebounding this year is beyond impressive. If Kobe wasn't taking 40 shots a game, Bynum's numbers would be even better

Brook isn't known to be injury prone. He's played every game of his career before this season. Has Bynum ever played a full season to begin with? Brooks brother went through the same injury and he had no other set backs.

Also with the Kobe thing? How do we know for sure about that....maybe Kobe's amazing scoring is the reason Bynum is being able to play so well

jimbobjarree
01-17-2012, 12:37 PM

Well Nets have cap. They make another reasonable offer at the deadline (when their pick has further increased in value), then if the Magic remain too proud to trade, Nets just stay patient and sign Dwight in free agency, adding him to Deron, Brook, Brooks and most likely another top 3 pick.

Unless he gets traded to the Lakers, he will end up a Net IMO. Magic may as well get at least something out of it, or they'll end up like Cleveland, except worse as they'll have a handful of huge contracts, and won't be bad enough to get a top pick the following year.

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 12:38 PM
What part of Lopez $3million contract + picks matches DH12's $18million contract??

Unless a 3rd team was involved I do NOT buy this rumor at all.

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
What part of Lopez $3million contract + picks matches DH12's $18million contract??

Unless a 3rd team was involved I do NOT buy this rumor at all.

It don't gotta match when one team has cap space. Or else we could get no one from them bc none of them make big salaries

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 12:54 PM

magic owner doesnt want to rebuild, bynum is ready to be a first option and ready to dominate

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Brook isn't known to be injury prone. He's played every game of his career before this season. Has Bynum ever played a full season to begin with? Brooks brother went through the same injury and he had no other set backs.

Also with the Kobe thing? How do we know for sure about that....maybe Kobe's amazing scoring is the reason Bynum is being able to play so well

Brook's brother doesn't play lol. But I guess you're right. In his 15 minutes a game he has come back strong. Now compare that to 30+ minutes a game, every game for Brook, is it going to heal the same????

Maybe Kobe is what is making Bynum look better. Could very well be it...but, why is he rebounding so much better? Scoring in Orlando isn't a problem, they do a lot of it. Rebounding, however, outside of Dwight is non existent. Hmm which of the two players seem to fit what Orlando needs?

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 12:59 PM
magic owner doesnt want to rebuild, bynum is ready to be a first option and ready to dominate

I completely agree here. Only problem would be Orlando would want more back. A third team would more than likely have to be involved. Trading Pau some where and getting themselves a PF back, but getting another (younger) player to go to Orlando along with the Dallas first round pick...I could see that deal getting done

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Ah I'm not ready to say he's gonna dominate. Being a #1 option on a bad team is a far cry from playing with two great players in Kobe and Pau to take the pressure off you. Let's see what he can do when he's getting 2 and 3 guys thrown at him consistently before we anoint him the next great center. It's gonna take some time to get used to it.

ManRam
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
This is actually indeed a few days/weeks old news.

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/01/13/nets.furious.magic.had.deal.completed.dwight.howar d.last.month.until.ownership.nixed

I mean, Brook and picks isn't great value, but it's probably the best we're gonna get at this point. The most recent news says that Otis isn't and hasn't actually ever been a fan of Brook...so that makes some of this curious. Perhaps other members in the FO swayed him.

The ownership is going to screw this franchise over if Dwight does leave. They want to keep funnelling money into this team to stay "competitive", and with Dwight gone, that's not too realistic. They are as against a flat out rebuilding as one could possibly be.

Brook + Picks would be rebuilding. We'd get a future top 5 center, and a good amount of picks...plus our own pick which, without Dwight would be very high. It wouldn't have been the end of the world, and the more and more Dwight speaks, the more and more I just wish we'd send his whiny-*** elsewhere.

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 01:09 PM
It don't gotta match when one team has cap space. Or else we could get no one from them bc none of them make big salaries

an $18 million salary cant go out for a $3million salary.

Its 150% for teams under cap and 125% for teams over cap.

SO......

Nets have to find a way to send back $13 million to Magic.

Humpries and Okur can't be accounted for because they were just acquired and draft picks hold no monomial value other than being sweeteners. So Lopez + 10 x 1st round draft picks is still valued at $3million.

This trade isn't happening. AT ALL. And I think people are telling DH12 to soften up on NJ now.

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I think LAC finds a way to get this done and DH12 is going to LA.

Iron24th
01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Lopez + picks?!?! Loool

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM

SO......

Humpries and Okur can't be accounted for because they were just acquired and draft picks hold no monomial value other than being sweeteners. So Lopez + 10 x 1st round draft picks is still valued at $3million.

This trade isn't happening. AT ALL. And I think people are telling DH12 to soften up on NJ now.

you have no clue what you're talking about btw

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM

Broken foot for a big man, Lopez won't be the same again until probably midway of the 2012-2013 season, and that's a big maybe. Again, big men with foot issues....HUGE ISSUE IN THE GAME OF BASKETBALL!

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 01:20 PM

I thought it was just me lol

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 01:20 PM

newly acquired players are protected under the new cba (and even the old) from being traded after just being acquired.

KHump signed not even a month ago!

Okur hasn't been a Net for a full month yet!

MagicBucsSox
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Broken foot for a big man, Lopez won't be the same again until probably midway of the 2012-2013 season, and that's a big maybe. Again, big men with foot issues....HUGE ISSUE IN THE GAME OF BASKETBALL!

Coming from the guy with Bynum to offer?

THE GIPPER
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Nets have the best offer now especially with the way brooks has been playing

Robbw241
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
since he is in a giving mode... can we have ryan anderson aswell?

We basically gave them Ryan Anderson in the first place!!!

and yes this was reported months ago. Magic ownership is getting up there in years so they don't want to see their team rebuild again, hence why they declined it and want win now type players.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Coming from the guy with Bynum to offer?

Yes, and see how long it's taken Andrew to come back to semi-close to what he was at the beginning of 07-08 season? At least Orlando won't have to wait any longer on Bynum improving because now, what you see is what you get with him. With Lopez, it's going to be the whole 1 1/2 - 2 yr wait and see approach game of him trusting his legs, the rehab process, getting back his mobility, getting back into basketball shape, getting opinions from different specialists, the fear of getting back on the court too soon which may aggravate the injury or jeopardize his career for the future, etc. etc. etc. Too much uncertainty now on Lopez's front.

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM

SO......

The deal was for the offseason when NJ had like 25 mil in open cap so they didn't have to trade equal value. Hump and Okur will have value when the trade deadline comes around since they have been with the team for more then a month. The deal absolutely can go down still. I have this feeling Orlando is gonna play it out this year and go for a ring one last time since they are playing well now. You hear rumbling about that starting and Dwight still hasn't changed his stance on the Nets yet they are still his number one choice.

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
newly acquired players are protected under the new cba (and even the old) from being traded after just being acquired.

KHump signed not even a month ago!

Okur hasn't been a Net for a full month yet!

both players can be traded for dwight .... several net beat writers said this right after the okur deal happened

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Yeah big men with multiple knee surgeries are just the model of consistency.

llemon
01-17-2012, 01:35 PM

SO......

Okur could be traded for Hedo, cap-matching wise

llemon
01-17-2012, 01:36 PM
When this story circulated about a week ago, wasn't Gerald Wallace involved?

llemon
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
both players can be traded for dwight .... several net beat writers said this right after the okur deal happened

Okur can only be trade as a single entity for 60 days (maybe a few less days because there are less games).

GREATNESS ONE
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Bynum > Lopez everyday of the week. Magic fans should be happy the owner vetoed the trade.

llemon
01-17-2012, 01:41 PM

Hump can't be traded for 90 days (or thereabouts with the fewer games) from the day he was signed.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 01:45 PM

SO......

They'd obviously figure something out

I think LAC finds a way to get this done and DH12 is going to LA.

What are they going to trade? Blake? Because DJ and Bledsoe = rebuilding

Yeah big men with multiple knee surgeries are just the model of consistency.

Multiple? I think he's had 2 scopes done. I could be wrong. But he hasn't had anything major surgury or injury

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Bynum > Lopez everyday of the week. Magic fans should be happy the owner vetoed the trade.

Yup, and I am very happy. BUT...Lopez/Brooks/1st round pick is much better than just Bynum

JIDsanity
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Yup, and I am very happy. BUT...Lopez/Brooks/1st round pick is much better than just Bynum

And if necessary Nets can offer cap room, with a Turk for Humhpries swap as well. And Houstons pick

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 01:56 PM
lakers should be trying to find a pg rather than worrying about dwight howard

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
And if necessary Nets can offer cap room, with a Turk for Humhpries swap as well. And Houstons pick

yeah, but they dont really need it

their owner wants to contend and magic's have had one of the highest payrolls in the league these past years.

ne3xchamps
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
what a fiasco. I'm tired of hearing and seeing all the he said she said ********. Can't this please be over so us normal fans can move on with our lives? :laugh2:

Heater4life
01-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I keep hearing "its better than losing Dwight for nothing", my question is simple.

Where would Dwight sign in an open market next season?

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM
If the Magic FO stopped the Dwight to the Nets deal, then a deal with the Lakers would be difficult since the Magic FO is not so fond of Bynum.

Bulls have a shot, and watch Chicago's name come up as the trade deadline nears.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I keep hearing "its better than losing Dwight for nothing", my question is simple.

mavs:shrug:

i heard they will have a capspace

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
If the Magic FO stopped the Dwight to the Nets deal, then a deal with the Lakers would be difficult since the Magic FO is not so fond of Bynum.

Bulls have a shot, and watch Chicago's name come up as the trade deadline nears.

For the hundredth time man, Chicago is not a destination for Dwight. It's either the 2 LA teams, Dallas or NJ.

shep33
01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah as a Laker fan I don't care. I'm happy with Bynum, we have bigger holes to fill that trading our two bigs for D12. I mean we're already like 1st or 2nd in rebounding, and we have a top 5 defense in the league.

Need a pg, and another threat from the perimeter and we'll be fine.

Giraffes Rule
01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
I refuse to believe any report that types LIKE THIS to emphasize words because NOBODY that is a real professional reporter would EVER do something so stupid and USELESS.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Bulls have nothing to offer, since rose is untouchable.

They dont want deng, boozer or noah and their overpayd contracts

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
For the hundredth time man, Chicago is not a destination for Dwight. It's either the 2 LA teams, Dallas or NJ.

How can you be so sure. He never said he didn't want to come to Chicago. The opportunity was never presented to him. Let's find out when the trade deadline nears, and when the dominoes start to fall.

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM

Nets or Mavs both could probably do it. Mavs are the long shot cause he'd only go if both him and D-Will went which would be tough since they'd have to take less money but there's still a chance.

Nets would have to dump like Farmar and one other guys like S-Williams and they could offer him 17+ mil.

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:25 PM

really? prove to me they don't want deng and noah. but i can proved to you they don't want bynum.

also, last time i checked they're looking for veterans, since they still want to be a playoff team.

GREATNESS ONE
01-17-2012, 02:25 PM

Yeah I agree, maybe I should have been clearer. A package around Bynum would be a lot better then a package around Lopez. :)

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Who is overpaid? Boozer got a contract based on the his positions value and what they pay around the league. He is averaging 13 pts and 8 rebs this year with JUST 28 mins a game. If he played another 8-10 mins he would probably get you 2 more rebs to average a double double. $15 million a year for a big man who can get you a double double is pretty much right on par for what hes suppose to get paid.

Deng is top 10 SF in league over all and maybe top 3 DEFENSIVE SF in league. After this year he has $25 million left on contract and I think is worth every penny.

And if Kwame Brown just got $10million from GS then Noah's contract would be considered "underpaid" not 'overpayd'

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah I agree, maybe I should have been clearer. A package around Bynum would be a lot better then a package around Lopez. :)

A little better. People are underrating Lopez since he hasn't played this year and all they see is Bynum playing well. Lopez was ready to have a breakout year finally playing with a stud PG but got hurt.

But then NJ has so much other stuff as the previous poster said that puts them over the top (Brooks/Top 5-10 pick/salary relief). LA can't offer anything else after Bynum that is better the any of those three let alone all 3.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 02:30 PM
really? prove to me they don't want deng and noah. but i can proved to you they don't want bynum.

also, last time i checked they're looking for veterans, since they still want to be a playoff team.

Noah isn't producing much this season, and he just doesn't seem like the Noah from 2 yrs ago. He used to be so passionate, energetic all over the floor. I just don't see the same guy.

And Boozer is aging and he too has injury issues the last 2-3 yrs.

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Who is overpaid? Boozer got a contract based on the his positions value and what they pay around the league. He is averaging 13 pts and 8 rebs this year with JUST 28 mins a game. If he played another 8-10 mins he would probably get you 2 more rebs to average a double double. $15 million a year for a big man who can get you a double double is pretty much right on par for what hes suppose to get paid.

Deng is top 10 SF in league over all and maybe top 3 DEFENSIVE SF in league. After this year he has $25 million left on contract and I think is worth every penny.

And if Kwame Brown just got $10million from GS then Noah's contract would be considered "underpaid" not 'overpayd'

Noah and Deng are both playing poorly, Noah more so. Both are shooting terrible. I think Boozer is the best one of them all but even he isn't lighting up the world. A package around Bynum or Lopez are better then anything CHI can offer.

jrm2054
01-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Bad call by the owner, also how do Bulls fan always make a story that has nothing to do with them about them

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Noah isn't producing much this season, and he just doesn't seem like the Noah from 2 yrs ago. He used to be so passionate, energetic all over the floor. I just don't see the same guy.

And Boozer is aging and he too has injury issues the last 2-3 yrs.

You serious? We're not even half way through to the season yet. Noah was beasting before his thumb surgery and he was out for a while and that set him back. The lockout could have also played a role. But with his drive and the intangibles he possess, Noah will return to that "beast" mode.

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Noah and Deng are both playing poorly, Noah more so. Both are shooting terrible. I think Boozer is the best one of them all but even he isn't lighting up the world. A package around Bynum or Lopez are better then anything CHI can offer.

how many bulls game have you watched? i'm curious that you said deng is playing poorly. i bet you checked his stats and wonder why his numbers are down, good assessment my friend. if you watched a lot of bulls games, you would know deng makes an impact on both ends of the floor consistently.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Bulls fans just stop with it, Dwght hasnt even mentioned the Bulls.

RLundi
01-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Lol this is turning into a Nets vs Lakers thread.

"We have the better offer!"

"Nuh uh, we do!"

All the while, Bulls fans are sitting in the corner trying to get their hand in but it keeps getting slapped away for more realistic scenarios.

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Bad call by the owner, also how do Bulls fan always make a story that has nothing to do with them about them

same goes with everyone on this forum. it's called a forum dumb a#@. it's ok to have an opinion. and mine is that a lot of people here love to dismiss the dwight to chicago angle because it'll be scary for the league to face that tandem for the next decade. it's all right.

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 02:47 PM

"Nuh uh, we do!"

All the while, Bulls fans are sitting in the corner trying to get their hand in but it keeps getting slapped away for more realistic scenarios.

man shut up. you orlando fans will never get equal value for dwight. so just enjoy watching dwight until he leaves.

5ass
01-17-2012, 02:47 PM

"Nuh uh, we do!"

lol

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM

"Nuh uh, we do!"

So true

"And the Lakers come back with a 'Not a chance.' What will the Nets say next? Oh wait whats this? The Bulls have taken a seat at the table, what are they reaching for? Oh, thats just gross. They literally just pulled **** out of their *** and put it on the table....This is all that will be talked about now folks..."

Heater4life
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
mavs:shrug:

i heard they will have a capspace

Nets or Mavs both could probably do it. Mavs are the long shot cause he'd only go if both him and D-Will went which would be tough since they'd have to take less money but there's still a chance.

Nets would have to dump like Farmar and one other guys like S-Williams and they could offer him 17+ mil.

If Dwight hits the open market his options will be very limited in where he can sign straight up for the max he deserves and landing on a team that will be competitive.

He can go the Nets route but D-Will and Dwight would need to take a discount plus other cap clearing moves.

My point is simple. If Orlando waits they will have the leverage unless Dwight signs with a rebuilding team in a small market straight up. Enough with players holding teams "hostage", teams need to manage better.

RLundi
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
man shut up. you orlando fans will never get equal value for dwight. so just enjoy watching dwight until he leaves.

:laugh:

Did I strike a nerve?

Stop making nothing out of nothing. Dwight has never mentioned Chicago, he has no intention or desire to go there, and furthermore Chicago has NOTHING to offer.

Don't be mad cause I'm telling the truth.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
same goes with everyone on this forum. it's called a forum dumb a#@. it's ok to have an opinion. and mine is that a lot of people here love to dismiss the dwight to chicago angle because it'll be scary for the league to face that tandem for the next decade. it's all right.

No, its not because it'd be "oh no, the league is over" its because Orlando doesn't want overpaid Noah with overpaid Deng or overpaid too old Boozer with in his prime but still a back up Gibson or a back up to Noah Asik...

Orlando will not get back fair value, obviously...But to take one of the worse deals offered, makes no sense

RLundi
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
So true

"And the Lakers come back with a 'Not a chance.' What will the Nets say next? Oh wait whats this? The Bulls have taken a seat at the table, what are they reaching for? Oh, thats just gross. They literally just pulled **** out of their *** and put it on the table....This is all that will be talked about now folks..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
how many bulls game have you watched? i'm curious that you said deng is playing poorly. i bet you checked his stats and wonder why his numbers are down, good assessment my friend. if you watched a lot of bulls games, you would know deng makes an impact on both ends of the floor consistently.

I actually just looked at his terrible FG% and poor EFF. I'm sure he's still playing solid D.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Just a little info for the people saying the clips can get him...

No , they cannot:

http://mobile.netsdaily.com/2012/1/17/2713782/howard-to-clips-how-so

rurichie
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM

I just don't want to give away Brooks he is impressive I would throw in anybody but Deron and Brooks

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 03:22 PM

I find it comical that your talking about Bynun being injury prone when our C trade chip is out with a broken foot (which is bad news for a big man i.e Yao Ming) while "injury prone" Bynum is slated to be in the allstar game and has remained completely healthy.

JOSKOMANG4
01-17-2012, 03:23 PM
The actual deal wasn't as bad as ppl think. Understanding that Brook Lopez got hurt during the preseason, he was a great trade chip for some team seeking a quality young center.

Portland was also a part of the deal.

Proposal was:

- Nets acquire C Dwight Howard and the contracts of F Hedu Turk & PG C.Duhon.
- Magic acquire C B.Lopez, SF G.Wallace, & 2 1-st rd picks
- Blazers acquire future picks.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Bulls fans are funny. Dwigh is not interested in CHI. If he was then they we would have found out long ago and it wouldve been his top choice, not the Nets. You have a good team. Keep at and stop dreaming of Dwight. He is destined for LA.

Overpaid Noah is getting outplayed by a mediocre but good defensive role player in Asik. Boozer is also overpaid and sucks. Deng is a good piece but not for a team trading their star and not at that price. Gibson is meh.

CHI offers nothing but role players and a mediocre pick from CHA

LA offers a potential star

NJ offers a potential star from the 2012 draft and a really good C in Lopez

CHI has no chance

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 03:44 PM

"Nuh uh, we do!"

Where are the Orlando fans that think they will get a fair trade for DH12?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 03:46 PM

How in the hell they can get a fair value when Dwight may be the best player in the league.

Lakerhead4ever
01-17-2012, 03:50 PM
good thing it didnt got through

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Bulls fans are funny. Dwigh is not interested in CHI. If he was then they we would have found out long ago and it wouldve been his top choice, not the Nets. You have a good team. Keep at and stop dreaming of Dwight. He is destined for LA.

Overpaid Noah is getting outplayed by a mediocre but good defensive role player in Asik. Boozer is also overpaid and sucks. Deng is a good piece but not for a team trading their star and not at that price. Gibson is meh.

CHI offers nothing but role players and a mediocre pick from CHA

LA offers a potential star

NJ offers a potential star from the 2012 draft and a really good C in Lopez

CHI has no chance

It all makes sense now. Thank you Nostradamus

DH12 for a Laker that ownership said they wouldn't trade.

or

DH12 to NJ for a Center with 1 foot.

If he is going anywhere its LAC. I think he his 4th option opened up because one of his 3 options he has softened up on and its probably NJ.

Thank Tim Tebow our savior that you aren't a GM to any team and just a keyboard warrior on a forum.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM
How in the hell they can get a fair value when Dwight may be the best player in the league.

This right here

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM

or

If he is going anywhere its LAC. I think he his 4th option opened up because one of his 3 options he has softened up on and its probably NJ.

Thank Tim Tebow our savior that you aren't a GM to any team and just a keyboard warrior on a forum.

Whats funny is both are STILL better offers than the Bulls. **** is still on the table.

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 04:06 PM

or

you sound upset

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM

6 weeks ago it was Bynum, Gasol, picks, Vanessa Bryant, Phil Jackson toe nail clippings and the ashes of Wilt Chamberlin.

Now I think that reality is settling in and it may just be some role players and a few picks that teams hope they are offering the best of the worst offers.

Its either LAC or DAL as a free agent, (possibly sooner the longer Odom doesn't mix well with bench in DAL and its known that ORL likes Odom.)

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Whats funny is both are STILL better offers than the Bulls. **** is still on the table.

Whats funnier is that I STILL haven't mentioned the Bulls being part of any DH12 deal!

Raph12
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
It was for Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace; obviously that deal is no longer good seeming as how Lopez is hurt and the Blazers like GForce... I expect them to deal for NJ's top 5 pick+Lopez on draft night or trade for Bynum+fillers at the deadline.

LAKERMANIA
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM

or

Actually Lakers owner said if it's for D12 then he will trade Bynum

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 04:25 PM
^LOL!!!

WHERE!?

Gimme a source, PLEASE!

MTL_123
01-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Lakers owner did say they would trade for Howard just not Bynum and Gasol for him

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
If Dwight isn't traded before the deadline he's going to Brooklyn. They can sign him and build a contender no problem. The best way is to dump a few small contracts like Farmar/Petro and S. Williams or if worst comes to worst let Lopez walk.

GiantsSwaGG
01-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Laker owners did say they would trade Metta world piece, steve blake, jake nicholous, kobe bryants ice pack and the hotdog stand guy for howard!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 04:44 PM
^LOL!!!

WHERE!?

Gimme a source, PLEASE!

jim buss said that

RLundi
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Who on earth thinks that? Unless it's for LeBron, everyone knows we won't get fair value for it.

But for people to suggest the fecal matter Chicago has to offer is a joke. Don't get me wrong, I like the Bulls, but I sure as hell don't want any of their players. Fact of the matter is that LA's and NJ's offers blow Chicago's clean out of the water. That's about as 'fair value' as we're gonna get.

Badluck33
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
jim buss said that

Did he tell you over dinner? did he post it on your facebook wall? did he text you?

Please find me where its written that he said he would trade Bynum for DH12!

RLundi
01-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Did he tell you over dinner? did he post it on your facebook wall? did he text you?

You have google, don't you? No one is gonna do the legwork for you. Buss said no way he'd consider trading BOTH Gasol and Bynum, but he's never come out and said he wouldn't trade either of them. He tried to trade Gasol to Houston and he's had discussions with Orlando about Bynum, but when it was suggested Otis Smith would demand Bynum and Gasol that's when Buss made the statement.

Just use deductive reasoning, it isn't difficult.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 05:06 PM

ok I'm trying to find it

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Just a little info for the people saying the clips can get him...

No , they cannot:

http://mobile.netsdaily.com/2012/1/17/2713782/howard-to-clips-how-so

Funny how all the Clipper supporters ignored my post. ^

DeAndre Jordan cannot be traded , thus leaving the clips out of a deal, unless of course they trade Griffin, which they will not.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-17-2012, 05:09 PM
And through various media reports, Laker insiders had indicated Buss remains adamantly against trading Bynum.

Until now.

CBS Sports' Ken Berger reports that Buss "finally has dropped his opposition to trading center Andrew Bynum 'for the right deal.' That’s code for 'a deal for Dwight Howard,' and it’s clear from those familiar with Howard’s thinking that he’d like to join the Lakers."

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/12/lakers-jim-buss-reportedly-open-to-trade-andrew-bynum-for-the-right-deal.html

GiantsSwaGG
01-17-2012, 05:14 PM

I think he told him after their sexually intercoruse!

NYtilIdie
01-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Gosh,these GM's need to learn how to negotiate, I could get the Magic a better deal, plus looking back it was smart since Lopez got hurt.

king2218
01-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Now the clippers are on Howard's wish list? Wonder what the Magic are waiting for to deal this guy! Magic have a top 3 record in the east & he still wants to leave...They need to get rid of him for Bynum & others.

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Gosh,these GM's need to learn how to negotiate, I could get the Magic a better deal, plus looking back it was smart since Lopez got hurt.

What?

Just cause he got hurt in NJ doesn't mean he would still be hurt in Orlando. He would probably still be healthy if they pulled the trigger since Lopez wouldn't have played in the NY game where he got hurt.

shep33
01-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Now the clippers are on Howard's wish list? Wonder what the Magic are waiting for to deal this guy! Magic have a top 3 record in the east & he still wants to leave...They need to get rid of him for Bynum & others.

Obviously as a Laker fan I'd do that deal lol, however, I am really disliking Howard's attitude... he pouts too much off the court and sometimes it seems to translate onto the court.

I don't know, if we get him, cool, if not, no big deal... again we have bigger holes to fill around the perimeter than getting Howard.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM

I thinkhe knows. Bulls fans are just salty towards Dwight

bovice163
01-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I thinkhe knows. Bulls fans are just salty towards Dwight

Some of us know we're not getting Dwight, nor are we salty because of it. What I will say, is that almost any package offered for Dwight, will not even come close to his worth, and will consist of mainly role players, yet you downplay Bulls' players as if they're worth nothing.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Bynum has knee problems. That's just as bad of not worse than foot injuries for centers, so don't act like Bynum's injury history is any better.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Some of us know we're not getting Dwight, nor are we salty because of it. What I will say, is that almost any package offered for Dwight, will not even come close to his worth, and will consist of mainly role players, yet you downplay Bulls' players as if they're worth nothing.

I never said Bulls players are bad. I said they are role players and the Bulls cant compete with NJ and LA offers.

Also Dwight has no interest in the Bulls.

Bulls have no chance. So i find it quite entertaining to read desperate Bulls fans arguing that their players are really good and criticizing Dwight for not being interested in CHI. I am truly enjoying myself.

I think its cuz of Bulls fans' sense of entitlement and superiority ever since Jordan days that im enjoying this so much. Not all of you btw.. But the fact that Dwight has no interest in the media sweethearts, Bulls or Knicks makes me happy in a very sadistic way :laugh2:

In other words, keep it up Bulls fans. Your despair is making this Dwight stuff more entertaining for me. Idec where Dwight ends up as long as the Bulls and Knicks dont cuz its a big FFFFF UUUUUU to ESPN and Stern.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 07:54 PM

The only thing I don't understand is that he didn't even list us. Don't get me wrong, I think we can win without him, but he could win quite a few rings here in Chicago. I don't know.

arkanian215
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Magic probably made the right choice. It was either trade for NJ's pick and Lopez + whatever else and have a lower pick coming in and a higher own pick or wait til next season and pulling in whatever team he goes to gives up + all that money from D12 being there. Looks like some good short term gratification right there. If they were to rebuild, this would be the year to do it though.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 07:59 PM
I never said Bulls players are bad. I said they are role players and the Bulls cant compete with NJ and LA offers.

Also Dwight has no interest in the Bulls.

Bulls have no chance. So i find it quite entertaining to read desperate Bulls fans arguing that their players are really good and criticizing Dwight for not being interested in CHI. I am truly enjoying myself.

I think its cuz of Bulls fans' sense of entitlement and superiority ever since Jordan days that im enjoying this so much. Not all of you btw.. But the fact that Dwight has no interest in the media sweethearts, Bulls or Knicks makes me happy in a very sadistic way.

He'd most likely win multiple rings next to Rose. That you can't deny and that is precisely why some of us are confused. I'm not mad. Just...puzzled?

Plus if the Magic ownership wants to remain competitive, who has a better package to do that? There are other packages that probably have better future interests for the Magic, but their owner clearly has no interest in the future. Do you get what I'm saying? I don't feel a sense of entitlement as I was too young to even watch Jordan play other than his last run at a ring, so yeeeaah.

Kleonidas
01-17-2012, 08:02 PM
The only thing I don't understand is that he didn't even list us. Don't get me wrong, I think we can win without him, but he could win quite a few rings here in Chicago. I don't know.Shoe money, nothing more, nothing less. Adidas is pulling the strings there.

bovice163
01-17-2012, 08:03 PM
The only thing I don't understand is that he didn't even list us. Don't get me wrong, I think we can win without him, but he could win quite a few rings here in Chicago. I don't know.

Let's get something straight. There are several desitnations where Dwight can go and win a few rings at. It just seems like from Dwight's destination choices, a big factor is lifestyle and noticeability. Chicago generally lacks both of those things, especially when talking about noticeability. You can't blame the guy for wanting those things or giving them so much importance. Like you said yourself, we don't need him, and I'm sure Derrick wants to beat him wherever he goes.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 08:10 PM
He'd most likely win multiple rings next to Rose. That you can't deny and that is precisely why some of us are confused. I'm not mad. Just...puzzled?

Plus if the Magic ownership wants to remain competitive, who has a better package to do that? There are other packages that probably have better future interests for the Magic, but their owner clearly has no interest in the future. Do you get what I'm saying? I don't feel a sense of entitlement as I was too young to even watch Jordan play other than his last run at a ring, so yeeeaah.

Fair enough. As far as who can offer a better package to stay competitive.. LA in Bynum alone can. He alone adds more wins than Noah and Deng. CHI players that they are offering are ALL over paid. They can get a better package to compete from ATL as a rental who is said to be willing to send JSmith and JJohnson for a rental

netsgiantsyanks
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I would stay away from Lopez. There is a good chance he's going to be the next Yao Ming and not in a good way.

huh?

Cubby
01-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Fair enough. As far as who can offer a better package to stay competitive.. LA in Bynum alone can. He alone adds more wins than Noah and Deng. CHI players that they are offering are ALL over paid. They can get a better package to compete from ATL as a rental who is said to be willing to send JSmith and JJohnson for a rental

Noah thus far can be considered overpaid, but he has been playing without a lot of energy which is what got him the contract in the first place, so once he gets that back, I'll think he'll be fine. Deng is far from overpaid. He very quietly gets around 20 and 8 every game and is the secondary scoring option in Chicago. He also adds in great defensive abilities. He'd be a nice asset to have.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
huh?

He means he will constantly deal with leg injuries.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Let's get something straight. There are several desitnations where Dwight can go and win a few rings at. It just seems like from Dwight's destination choices, a big factor is lifestyle and noticeability. Chicago generally lacks both of those things, especially when talking about noticeability. You can't blame the guy for wanting those things or giving them so much importance. Like you said yourself, we don't need him, and I'm sure Derrick wants to beat him wherever he goes.

Well then that goes against what he says about just wanting to win. I'd then consider him a liar as he could form a dynasty with Rose and a decent supporting cast around the two.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Noah thus far can be considered overpaid, but he has been playing without a lot of energy which is what got him the contract in the first place, so once he gets that back, I'll think he'll be fine. Deng is far from overpaid. He very quietly gets around 20 and 8 every game and is the secondary scoring option in Chicago. He also adds in great defensive abilities. He'd be a nice asset to have.

Noah has come back down to earth. All he ever was is a Reggie Evans type. He is a role player and BARELY a starter on this league. Deng is NOT a consistent 20pt scorer. He is a good defender that can score when he is hot. He is a good piece but for Dwight? Pleease..

Like i said.. Bynun alone>>>> CHI assets

GiantsSwaGG
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Magic probably made the right choice. It was either trade for NJ's pick and Lopez + whatever else and have a lower pick coming in and a higher own pick or wait til next season and pulling in whatever team he goes to gives up + all that money from D12 being there. Looks like some good short term gratification right there. If they were to rebuild, this would be the year to do it though.

I don't get your sig, I though Favors was with the Jazz?

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Well then that goes against what he says about just wanting to win. I'd then consider him a liar as he could form a dynasty with Rose and a decent supporting cast around the two.

Since when is winning the priority? These players are all well coached in public relations and know just what to say. Its all about money and winning in the biggest market

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't get your sig, I though Favors was with the Jazz?

Some of us still cheer for him. He is a great humble kid and we hope he becomes a star.

ellisgw
01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
that deal was good. How can bynum be attractive to any team when his contract is up and he has huge injury problems. Paying max a contract to injury prone center who is not a 1 number star is awful.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Noah has come back down to earth. All he ever was is a Reggie Evans type. He is a role player and BARELY a starter on this league. Deng is NOT a consistent 20pt scorer. He is a good defender that can score when he is hot. He is a good piece but for Dwight? Pleease..

Like i said.. Bynun alone>>>> CHI assets

Yes, Noah has been bad. I am willing to admit that. But i have no doubt in my mind he will turn it up. By the way, I'm glad you don't see Deng as what I described, because that's how I like him. Unnoticed and under the radar. But if he continues his current play and doesn't make the All Star team I'll be pretty pissed.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Since when is winning the priority? These players are all well coached in public relations and know just what to say. Its all about money and winning in the biggest market

I wish it was different, but you're right.

RLundi
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM

More like 15 points and on 41% shooting. These numbers are nothing to sneeze at but again, he's a role player in what, his late 20s? Magic are either gonna rebuild or still try to contend. Deng being the first option doesn't coincide with either of those 2 scenarios. Hence, why the Bulls' offer is not sufficient.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
More like 15 points and on 41% shooting. These numbers are nothing to sneeze at but again, he's a role player in what, his late 20s? Magic are either gonna rebuild or still try to contend. Deng being the first option doesn't coincide with either of those 2 scenarios. Hence, why the Bulls' offer is not sufficient.

He's only 26 I believe. And yes he's a role player, but is still a great all around player nonetheless.

Cubby
01-17-2012, 11:13 PM

Plus the dude is a workhorse. The last few games he has has played almost the entire game, which is probably why he has a dip in his FG percentage. That I blame mainly on Thibs not trusting a fully capable rookie in Jimmy Butler.

BullsFTW
01-17-2012, 11:16 PM
He's only 26 I believe. And yes he's a role player, but is still a great all around player nonetheless.

People on this forum will always try to find cons that's not reasonable, based on the Dwight to Chicago angle because it's a scary thought towards to them to have Dwight and Rose on the same team.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 11:32 PM

Nobody is denying he is a good player. However he is not a piece ORL will want no matter how deluded you are in his value as a chip.

Chill_Will_24
01-17-2012, 11:44 PM
People on this forum will always try to find cons that's not reasonable, based on the Dwight to Chicago angle because it's a scary thought towards to them to have Dwight and Rose on the same team.

Dude just stop it. If we are talking strictly a one two punch then i would take Paul or Deron with Dwight before Rose. CHI is his best option because of many reasons. Not just cuz Rose is so Tim Teboesque.

USMCLaker
01-18-2012, 05:56 AM

I agree. I think Deng is one of the most underrated players in the league.

USMCLaker
01-18-2012, 05:58 AM

Dwight, Rose and some solid perimeter shooters, Wow, that would be scary.

RLundi
01-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Honestly, grow up. It has nothing to do with Dwight and Rose being on the same team, are you kidding me? You think Deron and Dwight won't be scary? Or Kobe, Dwight and Pau? Get real.

It's because, and only because, whether you want to admit it or not, Chicago's offer sucks and anyone with minimal intelligence understands that.

Why don't you?

elonepb
01-18-2012, 02:08 PM
As a Nets fan, it was smart to hold off on a trade. With the team the Nets have, that pick will be a lottery pick and MarShon Brooks looks like the steal of the draft.

They'll basically be able to get Lopez + Brooks + lottery pick + expirings to take away salary burden + whoever else Billy King flips with 1,000 draft picks.