PDA

View Full Version : NBA's Product going down due to NBA Lockout?

tyfreaks brotha
01-17-2012, 02:05 AM
We've seen a lot of players go down in production and most young teams have stayed pretty much at the same spot. Is it the lockout affecting the players and young teams?

Bash away *****es

Cal827
01-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Yup. For the younger teams like Sacremento, Toronto, Washington, Cleveland and others, they missed out on the summer league and a proper training camp.

For the teams that made a bigger splash. The quick ending blocked the free agents from developing along with the team chemistry (E.g. New York, Indiana (West hasn't really scared anybody as of yet)).

And of course for the older teams, they are getting killed by the hectic schedule like Boston.

Also, the Injuries are mounting up for the 7 games in 10 nights, and 9 in 12 and whatnot.

Next year will be much better... I hope.

tyfreaks brotha
01-17-2012, 02:16 AM
Yup. For the younger teams like Sacremento, Toronto, Washington, Cleveland and others, they missed out on the summer league and a proper training camp.

For the teams that made a bigger splash. The quick ending blocked the free agents from developing along with the team chemistry (E.g. New York, Indiana (West hasn't really scared anybody as of yet)).

And of course for the older teams, they are getting killed by the hectic schedule like Boston.

Also, the Injuries are mounting up for the 7 games in 10 nights, and 9 in 12 and whatnot.

Next year will be much better... I hope. Yeah most Irving, Thompson, Wall, Vesley, Cousins, Thornton, Derozen, And many more players have been affected.

Wouldn't say Pacers made a huge splash, but I agree on the chemistry issue..

Injuries have been horrible so far.

I don't think we'll face a similar problem next season

Monta is beast
01-17-2012, 02:47 AM
It's affected the rookies the most. It won't start affecting older teams until next month.

tyfreaks brotha
01-17-2012, 02:58 AM
It's affected the rookies the most. It won't start affecting older teams until next month. True, but I'd say the Celtics have been affected so far..

Raph12
01-17-2012, 03:06 AM
It has affected chemistry between players who are trying to get accustomed to a new team (DaveWest, Baby, CapnJax, Speights, etc...); rhythem for guys who didn't get much play in during the lockout; and injuries/health of all players to a certain extent... So yes, the product has been affected.

Greet
01-17-2012, 12:18 PM
From the Nets standpoint the only thing lacking is chemistry, and I guess we could blame the lockout for that. This team really lacks chemistry.

prodigy
01-17-2012, 12:22 PM
I also think these "super teams" being built are responsible too. People just lose interest when they know their team has no shot at all. Which of course the product will suffer.