PDA

View Full Version : Nash want to remain a Sun, why?

Knick_Fever
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
It has become a popular trend for superstars to demand trades or even sign with other teams such as players like Lebron, Bosh, Melo, Deron, Howard, and Paul. But Steve Nash has taken a different approach, he loves his team, the city, and is happy where he is at. Realistically, the Phoenix Suns have no shot at a championship, this year or next for that matter. He could easily be traded to a contender and have a shot at a title, but that doesn't matter to him, its not important. Personally, I like it. It shows the upmost loyalty and unselfishness that a player can demonstrate to his organization, teammates, and fans. That is what truly brings happiness, not championships.

nycericanguy
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
It has become a popular trend for superstars to demand trades or even sign with other teams such as players like Lebron, Bosh, Melo, Deron, Howard, and Paul. But Steve Nash has taken a different approach, he loves his team, the city, and is happy where he is at. Realistically, the Phoenix Suns have no shot at a championship, this year or next for that matter. He could easily be traded to a contender and have a shot at a title, but that doesn't matter to him, its not important. Personally, I like it. It shows the upmost loyalty and unselfishness that a player can demonstrate to his organization, teammates, and fans. That is what truly brings happiness, not championships.

No offense, but who are you to say what brings happiness to OTHER people?...lol.

Nash has been a good sport though.

RLundi
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Loyalty.

It's like chivalry -- dead.

Rustycooks
01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Steve Nash would benefit the Knicks so much. This engine needs to be fueled and directed by such a master. Plus he has an apartment in freakin SOHO! I hope Baron can step in and tke it to the next level, but I don't know........

HouRealCoach
01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah I wish he went to the Knicks or Magic... I really hate how he will retire without a ring

RipCity32
01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Nash is either extremely comfortable out there or just extremely loyal.

king4day
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
My guess is that winning a championship isn't that important.
He's probably more excited about helping the players that come to Phoenix improve their game. Like a mentor role.

He's got roots in Phoenix. Is extremely loved by the fans. Despite not winning a ring, he's considered a sports hero.
That said, what is more important? Having a chance to win a ring, or going down as a legend, on the court and off. A role model for the way things should be done.

heattiltheend94
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
it's a canadian thing

Kakaroach
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I'd bet its always cuz he is really comfortable and doesn't want to move his family.

Imagine how much he could do for a team like the Magic or Hawks though.

NSJ
01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
He doesn't have too much left in the tank either so he probably doesn't want to start somewhere new if he's not going to be there long.

310Casper
01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Hall of Famer without ever winning a ring.

chicago lulz
01-16-2012, 01:33 PM

Yup, will also always be one of my top favorite players.

thephoenixson28
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Nash is either extremely comfortable out there or just extremely loyal.Both

The goods
01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
My respect for him just grew a lot more,I love the way he plays on the court his passing is incredible and the fact that he's loyal and isn't ring chasing speaks volumes about his personality.

NYKalltheway
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
One of the last loyal 'stars' out there?

smith&wesson
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
my guess is because of the training staff in phx. those guys are known to bring back almost any old player and make him relevant again. look at shaqtus, grant hill, and nash. all old players who were able to play at a high level at an older age. i think nash beleives he can play for longer and at a high level by staying in phx and working with those trainers who get so much praise around the league.

smith&wesson
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
One of the last loyal 'stars' out there?

i dont understand the thought process behind this.

who is he being loyal too in phx ?
-he isnt from phx,
-he wasnt drafted in phx,
-he plays for one of the cheapest if not the cheapest owners in the league.
-most of the players who were on his team in all those playoff runs are gone.

who is he being loyal too ? the fans ? again he wasnt drafted there. he will have fans where ever he goes.

MackShock
01-16-2012, 03:09 PM
loyalty i bet..and he doesnt want to do what lebron and melo did

Hellcrooner
01-16-2012, 03:11 PM

There are many of them.

Probably there are more hofers withouth a ring that with a ring.

Cfrey
01-16-2012, 03:17 PM
That's just not who Nash is.

He wouldn't demand a trade but I'm sure he'd be open to going to a contender?? or I feel like he's maybe said he wants to finish his career in phoenix?? idk but I like it

JPHX
01-16-2012, 03:28 PM

-he isnt from phx,

who is he being loyal too ? the fans ? again he wasnt drafted there. he will have fans where ever he goes.

1.) uhhh he was drafted by the suns.

2.) Sarver is not cheap. He is just stupid with the way he spends and is too involved in the basketball ops.

BTW. People come to phoenix to retire. So since Nash is already settled here and close to retiring, why make the change? i dont blame him. its great place to live. life's not too fast here. great weather outside of the summer months. and when summer does it hit, he can go back east to his home in NYC. not to shabby situation if you ask me.

mdm692
01-16-2012, 03:33 PM

-he isnt from phx,

he is being loyal to the fans who literally idolize him the love and respect for him out here is unheard of. Nash was drafted by phoenix actually then traded to the mavs. And also this organization took a chance on him when mark cuban basically said he was too old and on the decline. Not to mention the FO, Sarver and the entire organization support and respect him 100% its one of those mutual respect things which makes it stranger because it is rare to see. And to people who think he doesnt want to relocate his family the man got a divorce last year so i think we can scratch that one of too.

More-Than-Most
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
I love it because I am not a fan of ring chasing.

MackShock
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
^ says lebron

SportsFanatic10
01-16-2012, 07:36 PM
nash has always been my 2nd fav player after wade. hes got the total package on offense with his passing and shooting. great, great player. i'd love to see him win it once but if hes happy i guess we gotta respect that. hes a rare breed.

akagiredsuns
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Nash going to the Knicks would be the 06-08 Suns all over again. They would've could've should've but always fell short. No matter what people say that this past decade was all Lakers & Spurs, the Suns were more than capable and had the talent to get past either one of them. And when the Lakers or Spurs didn't stand in their way in 06, the Mavs shut them down. It's a shock that a team of Nash, STAT, Marion, Diaw, Bell, Barbosa, & Kurt Thomas couldn't even reach one NBA Finals. At least ONE. So let Nash be. If not getting a ring is important, then so be it. Welcome to the Malone/Barkley/Ewing/Webber Club. :cheers:

--23--
01-16-2012, 08:35 PM

-he isnt from phx,

Nash said "that he wants to remain with the Suns and feels loyal to his contract, franchise, personnel and fans."

and btw he was drafted by Phx

IversonIsKrazy
01-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Great player, even better person. I would love to see him in a Magic uni playing alongside with Dwight, but I respect Loyalty, NBA needs it.

todu82
01-16-2012, 09:37 PM
He's loyal to the team, good for him. Would like to see him win a title before his career is over, though.