PDA

View Full Version : Does their need to be a major officiating reform in the NBA?

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I mean what do you guys think?

The officiating is all over the place, it's inconsistent, and it definitely is one of the biggest drawbacks from the NBA in my opinion.

I've been to a few games this year and it can be just so awful at times that I wonder what is even going on.

If anything can be done, what should be done?

I'm not sure how the training of officials work in the NBA but I'm sure they go through programs during the offseason. Is it a problem from the league's hierarchy or is it just a lack of motivation from the refs?

Idk at this point but I think something needs to be done.

KnicksR4Real
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Today's game is too soft. Change it up.

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
and could someone change the title of the thread from "their" to "there"?

thanks lol i be ****in up when i type and don't pay attention

KingsMadness44
01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
there has to be a sort of punishment system for the referees just like they have for the players. if the players need to be held accountable for there mistakes on the court why don't the ref's? And i know that that people make mistakes but its the fact that these mistakes keep being made ALL the time!

heyman321
01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
They need to remove the "no handchecking" rule.

GottaLoveCubs
01-15-2012, 09:37 PM
there has to be a sort of punishment system for the referees just like they have for the players. if the players need to be held accountable for there mistakes on the court why don't the ref's? And i know that that people make mistakes but its the fact that these mistakes keep being made ALL the time!

This

JMClarkent
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Today's game is too soft. Change it up.

Agreed. I also hate the "Superstar bail out" you see at the end of games. How often do you see a eye-glance send someone to the line at the end of games? If they are that good, let them take the shot!

phen0m
01-16-2012, 01:46 AM
They should just play pickup style ball. Let the players call their own fouls. It works in pickup, it will work in a league too. If someone is a soft douchebag calling too many ticky tack fouls and/or phantom fouls against them, it will be put up to a vote to a committee of respected former players/analysts etc. 1st offense suspended for 20 games, 2nd offense suspended for entire season, 3rd offense kicked out of league forever. That league would be the ****!

Cfrey
01-16-2012, 01:49 AM
pick up style will not work when it gets to the NBA finals lmao

shijizuo
01-16-2012, 01:50 AM
They should just play pickup style ball. Let the players call their own fouls. It works in pickup, it will work in a league too. If someone is a soft douchebag calling too many ticky tack fouls and/or phantom fouls against them, it will be put up to a vote to a committee of respected former players/analysts etc. 1st offense suspended for 20 games, 2nd offense suspended for entire season, 3rd offense kicked out of league forever. That league would be the ****!Agreed

http://www.collegefun4u.com/track.php?u=5

Raph12
01-16-2012, 02:02 AM
I'd love it they let the players be more physical on defense... Too easy to get calls for offensive players nowadays.

NYKalltheway
01-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes they do. They need to call travelling, change the handchecking rule, allow proper zone defense and remove any other tactical restrictions. Superstar calls, well, you can't eliminate those because it's what "fans" want.

LOOTERX9
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Problem is not with the referees . The problem is the NBA RULES. The Nba and it's no touch rules on defense is killing me

ClippersE.G
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
This might be a reason I see alot of games all over the league and the stands are empty. Some early on I understand but in the 3rd quarter?

People forget there was a lockout and it seems some fans are actually sticking by their word and not attending these games.