PDA

View Full Version : Kahn showed you Love, will you show him some?

topdog
01-15-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm just curious at this point with a still struggling, but markedly improved Timberwolves team, if people's opinions of David Kahn have changed at all. He seems at times to be the most hated man in b-ball but here's what he's done for you lately:

1-Rubio is here and he is fun to watch

2-Al Jefferson was traded for a bag of Fritos but also caused a change reaction of events that gave Kevin Love a starting and staring role, opened up cap for the Beasley experiment and landed Randolph by absorbing Eddy Curry's bloated... contract? :p

3-Convinced Rick Adelman to coach the band of misfits

4-Drafted who he was supposed to, after Jonny Flynn... (not creative but I can't blame him for an underperforming Wes Johnson). Williams is dynamic but will struggle to find a role early.

5-Shut his mouth. Minny fans were entertained by his candidness, but many took him as pompous and condescending without due cause. Gag order remains on.

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM
No. I am huge Twolves fan but we could have a starting line up of

rubio
steph curry
beasely
love
cousins

he drafts Wes johnson and ****ing johnny flynn?? did he go to syracuse or something??

like yeah he has done some good things but with a competent GM the twolves would be that much farther along

PlezPlayDKnicks
01-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Kahn has silenced me... He's like an artist who randomly throws paint on a canvas.He eventually made a masterpiece without even Knowing it..

ChiSox219
01-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I never understood the harsh criticism Kahn received, he's done a good job putting a product on the court that draws fans and hopefully become a winner.

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 07:47 PM
are people missing things?? do you know where this team could be without kahn?? lol

RLundi
01-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Idk. He's come a long way since he compared Darko to Chris Webber.

But his moves are starting to pan out. Better late than never right?

Lakeshow24KB
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
I never understood the Flynn + Rubio.

NokomisLiving
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
are people missing things?? do you know where this team could be without kahn?? lol

Do you know where this team would be without Kahn? Do you know where this team WAS with Mchale?

Says questionable things, and messed up on Flynn, but that's really about it.

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 07:55 PM
he drafts flynn when we could have had TEN better options

gives Darko a 20 million dollar deal

signs Pekovic for 16 million (virtually same player as darko but even worse)

hires kurt rambis to instil the triangle offense with no REAL SG...?

drafts wes johnson.. (yes bad move)

and where did I say anything about mchale..? he was just as bad

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 07:57 PM
rubio is really the only thing i can give him...

Hawkeye15
01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
wins his trades, can't draft (outside Rubio, and a blind man who has never heard of basketball makes that pick when Rubio falls to 5), and thank god he shut up. He annoys even me, the biggest Wolves fan alive, when he speaks.

NokomisLiving
01-15-2012, 08:31 PM
rubio is really the only thing i can give him...

Drafted Rubio

Turned Corey Brewer into Anthony Randolph

Turned a second round pick into Beasley

Turned Al into 2 first round picks, and Koufos. The Best thing was freeing up the front court for Love so I was happy with the move, although we possibly could have got more.

Fired Rambis(After hiring) and then getting Adelman, which I thought was impossible.

Milicic wasn't that bad of a deal, even though he has played like a vagina this year so far. I mention Mchale not because you said anything, but I think Kahn had been a better GM so far.

Remember Ndudi Ebi, Joe Smith, Corey Brewer? How about Marko freakin' Jaric for Cassell and a first round pick? Now those are some bad moves.

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes but common man lets look at this... turns brewer into AR ya thats solid okay but you pretty much brought up a bunch of small moves that haven't done much for our team..

second round picks for Beasely?? okay ya Beasely potential is through the roof but he's been proving to me at least that he will be nothing but detrimental to the wolves

milicic is better than everyone thinks he is tbh but 20 mil? and then 16 mil to the same player?? come on

i laughed at the turn "al into picks and koufus"

Hawkeye15
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Yes but common man lets look at this... turns brewer into AR ya thats solid okay but you pretty much brought up a bunch of small moves that haven't done much for our team..

second round picks for Beasely?? okay ya Beasely potential is through the roof but he's been proving to me at least that he will be nothing but detrimental to the wolves

milicic is better than everyone thinks he is tbh but 20 mil? and then 16 mil to the same player?? come on

i laughed at the turn "al into picks and koufus"

take a deep breath when you read this Chronz, because I am not comparing the two, but Kahn has done what Morey does, which is collecting assets. We have literally 1 star player, 1 future star, and a bunch of young talent that hasn't translated yet, but would be great in trying to acquire a star. The deals he has made are wins, but can't really be judged as an A until he can flip some of that youth for a sure fire player to help us take the next step.

John Walls Era
01-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I'll give him credit when he gets 1 winning season under his belt.

MagicBucsSox
01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
It's a business boys, can't expect a southern cal boy to stay in minny

kjoke
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Khaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn

mngopher35
01-15-2012, 09:24 PM
He turned mike miller and randy foye into rubio. He turned brewer and second round picks into beasley and randolph. His drafting is suspect but I dont blame him for wes who was considered the safe choice. He screwed up on flynn though. He has done a great job turning this organization around. I'm not saying hes the best gm ever but hes at least average.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2012, 09:29 PM
It's a business boys, can't expect a southern cal boy to stay in minny

Love is from Oregon, and played with Adelman's son in high school.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll give him credit when he gets 1 winning season under his belt.

I have absolutely no problem with this

Sactown
01-16-2012, 01:43 AM
He's done a solid job, he'll ALWAYS be criticized for drafting 4 point guards? in that 2009 draft and trading arguably the best one away...

John Walls Era
01-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Drafted Rubio

Turned Corey Brewer into Anthony Randolph

Turned a second round pick into Beasley

Turned Al into 2 first round picks, and Koufos. The Best thing was freeing up the front court for Love so I was happy with the move, although we possibly could have got more.

Fired Rambis(After hiring) and then getting Adelman, which I thought was impossible.

Milicic wasn't that bad of a deal, even though he has played like a vagina this year so far. I mention Mchale not because you said anything, but I think Kahn had been a better GM so far.

Corey Brewer for Randolph was a push at best. Mr. 20-10 Potential is never going to live up to that hype playing as a backup.

Al Jefferson move was questionable. There had to be better deals than trading a great low post player (20-10 guy) for a couple of draft picks (Lottery Protected) which after a series of moves is just 1 1st rounder (still lottery protected: LINK (http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Timberwolves.htm)). Klove and Al combo wasn't working, but don't trade a guy whos 26 to a division rival for low picks.

Adelman Hiring was excellent. No complaints.

I don't get the hate for Mchale. Seems like a nice guy and had some good years with the Wolves and drafted them TWO face of the franchise players. Actually won a championship as the GM of the Wolves for his former team [KG] (sorry had to throw that in there :pity:).

Hawkeye15
01-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't get the hate for Mchale. Seems like a nice guy and had some good years with the Wolves and drafted them TWO face of the franchise players. Actually won a championship as the GM of the Wolves for his former team [KG] (sorry had to throw that in there :pity:).

Sam Cassell and a #1 pick (will be this year) for Marko Jaric and a huge deal.

Large deals for Troy Hudson, Trenton Hassell, and Olowokandi.

Trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury on draft day.

Signing Joe Smith to an illegal deal that cost $3 million and four 1st rounders.

Trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye on draft day.

Taking McCants, Avery, Ebi, etc.

These are a few tidbits. There are plenty more. He did a few nice things, like the Love trade, KG draft, Cassell/Spree summer, but all in all, he should never be allowed in the front office of an NBA team. Ever.

LakersIn5
01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
he could have gotten a better deal for al jefferson

phoenix_bladen
01-16-2012, 10:22 AM
kahn is not getting much hate lately for his moves but i think he's done an ok job

ppl hate on the flynn pick but he did ended up trading him for 2 first rounders i believe

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6698564

"Nikola Mirotic, the 23rd pick, and No. 38, along with Miller and a 2013 first-round pick, to acquire Flynn and Montiejunas."

so depending on what he does with those picks he could save himself from the flynn bust.....

but yea ....trading ty lawson whom other posters say is a pretty bad move considering he drafted 4 PG only to trade one of the best one away.........

drafting a bust isn't the end of the world....... it's admitting you made the mistake early and then trade him away for an asset like a first rounder and redraft and hopefully u made the better move is what counts in the end.... or trade for another young player with potential and hopefully he pans out.

Geargo Wallace
01-16-2012, 10:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54

that's how he made some people feel

29$JerZ
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
All I can give him credit for is Rubio, Beasly, and taking advantage of the Knicks/Nuggets situation by getting Randolph

Drafting Flynn was still a stupid decision.
Wes Johnson doesn't appear close to validating his draft slot.
And a few more things.

Hawkeye15
01-16-2012, 11:06 AM
kahn is not getting much hate lately for his moves but i think he's done an ok job

ppl hate on the flynn pick but he did ended up trading him for 2 first rounders i believe

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6698564

"Nikola Mirotic, the 23rd pick, and No. 38, along with Miller and a 2013 first-round pick, to acquire Flynn and Montiejunas."

so depending on what he does with those picks he could save himself from the flynn bust.....

but yea ....trading ty lawson whom other posters say is a pretty bad move considering he drafted 4 PG only to trade one of the best one away.........

drafting a bust isn't the end of the world....... it's admitting you made the mistake early and then trade him away for an asset like a first rounder and redraft and hopefully u made the better move is what counts in the end.... or trade for another young player with potential and hopefully he pans out.

the Flynn pick, and the 2011 draft after Derrick Williams was about Kahn having a fire sale to pay Rambis off. They even made a new rule about it in the CBA.

WSU Tony
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
This is a typical NBA thread.

Kahn haters will point out all of the bad moves he's made (or missed draft picks) while not mentioning a single good thing he's done.

Kahn supporters point out every good move he's made and praise him for Rubio while not mantioning drafting Flynn and Wes or letting Jefferson go for very little.

Why don't we all just say what we truly think of the guy?

Kahn was put into a situation where he had some assets to spend. He spent them. Some were great successes (Rubio and Williams) and others were failures (Flynn, and Wes). Kahn has turned Telfair, Foye, Gomes, McCants, and Jefferson into Rubio, Wes, Williams, Beasley, Love, and Randolph

smith&wesson
01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I will give him some props. i hated on him before but now i see his moves have paid off.

John Walls Era
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Sam Cassell and a #1 pick (will be this year) for Marko Jaric and a huge deal.

Large deals for Troy Hudson, Trenton Hassell, and Olowokandi.

Trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury on draft day.

Signing Joe Smith to an illegal deal that cost $3 million and four 1st rounders.

Trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye on draft day.

Taking McCants, Avery, Ebi, etc.

These are a few tidbits. There are plenty more. He did a few nice things, like the Love trade, KG draft, Cassell/Spree summer, but all in all, he should never be allowed in the front office of an NBA team. Ever.

Randy Foye was great coming out of college. Those Roy Knees scared him.

Marbury is a career 19 and 9 guy. Hes no scrub and wasn't he KG's friend?

Rest of the moves were all bad though.

John Walls Era
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Also I never wanna hear the phrase "Kahn showed me love" again...

Hawkeye15
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Randy Foye was great coming out of college. Those Roy Knees scared him.

Marbury is a career 19 and 9 guy. Hes no scrub and wasn't he KG's friend?

Rest of the moves were all bad though.

I disagree with Foye, but it wasn't a very strong draft regardless. They also handled him totally wrong, limited his minutes, played him out of position, and I am rarely high on combo guards with limited athletic ability.

Its more so the way Marbury ended up. Selfish, and caring more about the name on the back of his jersey than the one on the front.

Look, its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to judge after the fact, but McFail made a lot of bad, bad moves.