PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade for?

thegame248
01-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Which of the following players would you trade for? I picked Ray Whitney, simply because of his production this season, as well as his veteran leadership. I think he would help out on the PP, and would slot in nicely on the 1st or 2nd lines. My second vote would be for Ruutu because he plays Rangers style of hockey. He likes to hit, block shots, and can score at a decent rate.

bsi
01-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Whitney...he's a cheap short term fix until the young guys like Kreider, Thomas, Bourque are ready to play, plus he's having an awesome year.

thegame248
01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Whitney...he's a cheap short term fix until the young guys like Kreider, Thomas, Bourque are ready to play, plus he's having an awesome year.

Plus I think at his age, another legitimate shot at winning a cup would be incentive enough to play well for us if he is in fact traded.

IAmARanger18
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Phoenix is still in the hunt they will not be trading Whitney or Doan and they already said that. If you don't choose a 24 year old Bobby Ryan, under team control for the next 3 seasons and also 3 straight 30 goal years then something is wrong with you.

bsi
01-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Phoenix is still in the hunt they will not be trading Whitney or Doan and they already said that. If you don't choose a 24 year old Bobby Ryan, under team control for the next 3 seasons and also 3 straight 30 goal years then something is wrong with you.

I'd love to have Ryan, but at what price? It's easy to say get this guy or that guy but Anaheim is gonna want major pieces back and what we think is fair as Rangers fans isn't gonna necessarily be fair on the open market for Bobby Ryan. I don't think there's anything wrong with me if I wanna see where this team goes, and trust the scouting that so far has gotten us Callahan, Dubinsky, Stepan, DelZotto, Staal, Girardi, Lundqvist, Anisimov etc to be right on future players like Kreider, Thomas, Bourque, Miller, McIlrath, etc etc. Personally I think if one or two of those forwards can reach their potential and McIlrath does too we have our Stanley Cup team already, and who knows maybe more players reach or exeed their potential as well. Patience has paid off and I for one hope they don't sell the farm for one player, I don't think that means there's something wrong with me.

Garden Faithful
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I'd love to have Ryan, but at what price? It's easy to say get this guy or that guy but Anaheim is gonna want major pieces back and what we think is fair as Rangers fans isn't gonna necessarily be fair on the open market for Bobby Ryan. I don't think there's anything wrong with me if I wanna see where this team goes, and trust the scouting that so far has gotten us Callahan, Dubinsky, Stepan, DelZotto, Staal, Girardi, Lundqvist, Anisimov etc to be right on future players like Kreider, Thomas, Bourque, Miller, McIlrath, etc etc. Personally I think if one or two of those forwards can reach their potential and McIlrath does too we have our Stanley Cup team already, and who knows maybe more players reach or exeed their potential as well. Patience has paid off and I for one hope they don't sell the farm for one player, I don't think that means there's something wrong with me.

Well I'm assuming we all want Ryan because he's is by far the best player in that group mentioned but it's all about cost. It's all about advantage whichever trade gives you the biggest returns however big or small it is. But in reality we do all want Bobby Ryan a guy at his age with 3 straight 30 goal seasons and a low cap hit for hte next three years any team in the league would want him.

thegame248
01-16-2012, 12:40 AM

I think that we can all agree that Bobby Ryan, under normal circumstances, would be the #1 trade target. But seeing as how the Rangers are currently playing, I wouldnt want to mess up with team chemistry that much. Bobby Ryan would demand the most back from the current roster plus prospects and picks. The other players are all UFA's at year end, not to mention most are up there in years, so it wouldnt cost much to get them, namely Prospal and Whitney. Jokinen might cost a little bit more, but with his injury problems, his price may come down.

averymustgo
01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Your poll had a whopping 4 votes. :rolleyes:

Garden Faithful
01-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Your poll had a whopping 4 votes. :rolleyes:

If only you were an option to trade for, the votes would be innumerable.

IAmARanger18
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Well Sather already said no Stepan, Kreider or McDonagh in a deal for Ryan but he is willing to part with guys like Artie, Dubi, Sauer, picks, prospects.

J4KOP99
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Well Sather already said no Stepan, Kreider or McDonagh in a deal for Ryan but he is willing to part with guys like Artie, Dubi, Sauer, picks, prospects.

he said that publicly?

IAmARanger18
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I will try to find where I saw it, but I know he came out and said no to dealing Stepan and McDonagh

saintant182
01-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Ryan is going to come a such a massive cost.... even though he is certainly not having his best season..he is still unbelievably on pace for another 30 goal season!!!

whitney doesnt seem a bad option to be fair... i still think we must be very careful, im still not convinced that this is the yrea we cash in all our chips... still tink next year is the one, but it may take a real push this year to really learn what its going to take next so whatever happens happens.

bsi
01-16-2012, 05:36 PM
It sounds like they are looking at Prospal.

IU Hoosiers 3
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
It sounds like they are looking at Prospal.

really? i wouldn't mind having vinny back..prob wouldn't take too much to get him

bsi
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
really? i wouldn't mind having vinny back..prob wouldn't take too much to get him

Ya, I wouldn't mind him back, thought they should have kept him instead of Fedotenko anyway. He's a versatille player who can play most situations on wing or center. I think him, Richards and Cally would actually be a nice line as long as he stayed healthy which he has this year.

saintant182
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
as much as it certainly wouldn't seem a move constituting of putting us ''over the top'' i think having Vinnie back wouldn't be a bad idea at all. provides a little scoring on one of the lower lines, as well as fitting into the system seamlessly i would think giving that he knows it so well. could be moved up with gabby if necessary as they have in the past showed some chemistry... will be cheap, provides depth and veteran presence. really not a bad option, albeit not exactly a ''push''. could still be effective though nonetheless. and maybe a way of giving Christensen yet another chance on yet another team....(plus whatever else... 4th or something)

thegame248
01-16-2012, 08:39 PM
If only you were an option to trade for, the votes would be innumerable.

:rimshot:

IAmARanger18
01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I personally don't like the move for Prospal at all.

bsi
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Wolski for Prospal....I think it benefits Wolski and NY, we lose his salary, he gets a chance to play and NY gets a guy they know can help. Then maybe we can look at a bigger dollar guy with some salary shed, not saying we should but we could.

Garden Faithful
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Wolski for Prospal....I think it benefits Wolski and NY, we lose his salary, he gets a chance to play and NY gets a guy they know can help. Then maybe we can look at a bigger dollar guy with some salary shed, not saying we should but we could.

If you could make that trade straight up that would be great for two reasons, one gives us a player that can help the team and sheds cap space if we decide to make another trade.

saintant182
01-17-2012, 07:00 PM
If you could make that trade straight up that would be great for two reasons, one gives us a player that can help the team and sheds cap space if we decide to make another trade.

Great reason, flexibility and wolski would not be missed from the roster

Mr.Wiskers
01-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Ryan is the obvious choice, but we would be giving up to much. For just this year and the playoff run I say Prospal and Rutuu. Especially Rutuu we need his grit/nastiness for the playoffs.

liltedspop
01-18-2012, 10:05 PM
No to Vinny Prospal if he's all we can muster . I'll go to it with what we presently have!

liltedspop
01-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Ryan is the obvious choice, but we would be giving up to much. For just this year and the playoff run I say Prospal and Rutuu. Especially Rutuu we need his grit/nastiness for the playoffs.

Tuomo Ruutu really, no thanks!!!! guys we r 1st overall in the league presently & Tuomo Ruutu is the best you can come up with. Ryan Getzlaf, Jerome Iginla or no thanks, I'd rather keep what we have.

thegame248
01-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Tuomo Ruutu really, no thanks!!!! guys we r 1st overall in the league presently & Tuomo Ruutu is the best you can come up with. Ryan Getzlaf, Jerome Iginla or no thanks, I'd rather keep what we have.

This was about REALISTIC trades the Rangers could potentially pull off. Not FANTASY OR NHL12 trades. Get a clue.

Garden Faithful
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM

In '94 the Rangers were in 1st place and the best they could come up with was Matteau who was basically a 30 point per season average player.