PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Ultimate Compliment of Rose and Paul

uptown0364
01-15-2012, 11:24 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/mcten/

"Kobe said after the game that Chris Paul & Derrick Rose are the only other players in the league with the same competitive edge that he has"

Nice compliment coming from Kobe. To mention Rose even though they just played the Clippers is a great compliment.

bucketss
01-15-2012, 11:29 AM
what about garnett

bucketss
01-15-2012, 11:30 AM
he kind of dissed alot of people

uptown0364
01-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Garnett has competitive fire, but I think he was referring to having an edge that they'll do anything to win. Garnett beats his chest a lot but doesn't necessarily win games down the stretch when he needs to.

PrettyBoyJ
01-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I'd put Durant in that convo too..

justinnum1
01-15-2012, 11:38 AM
:yawn:

bovice163
01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
I think I agree with Kobe. There aren't a lot of guys with that old school mentality in the league. Durant definitely has it though. Wade I think has it as well, but he doesn't have the patience to deal with calls or plays that don't go his way late in games. LeBron definitely doesn't. He'll pump out his chest and make some facial expressions when he dunks the ball or hits a tough shot, but when the game is on the line he completely shrinks in the spotlight.

Bullsfan22
01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Coming from Kobe, I guess you have to respect his opinion.

Lakeshow24KB
01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
he kind of dissed alot of people

Lol exactly. But he's sort of right...they all have this mentality that they MUST win. But then again so does Durant.

theheatles
01-15-2012, 11:42 AM
ummm...wade?

Lakeshow24KB
01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I think I agree with Kobe. There aren't a lot of guys with that old school mentality in the league. Durant definitely has it though. Wade I think has it as well, but he doesn't have the patience to deal with calls or plays that don't go his way late in games. LeBron definitely doesn't. He'll pump out his chest and make some facial expressions when he dunks the ball or hits a tough shot, but when the game is on the line he completely shrinks in the spotlight.

Sums it up perfectly. Has anyone noticed that Kobe isn't complaining as much as he used to? Before, instead of getting back on D after a turnover of his he'd complain to the ref instead. I guarantee you mike brown changed that

Cano-Montero...
01-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Wade and KD should be added in that convo..

bucketss
01-15-2012, 11:51 AM

i dissagree with you on lebron, i believe he does. lebron has risen in the spotlight more than he has shriken, seems like the media wants to only blow up his failures more lately so everyone gets this image off him not being clutch almost to the point he has to be PERFECT in crunch time or he'll get called out.

bucketss
01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
ok nvm misunderstood, i agree lebron doesnt have that old school mentality i dont htink wade does either.

kdspurman
01-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I would throw Manu in that conversation, and even Durant

Rndy
01-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Kobe always says good things about Rose it's nice to hear from one of the greatest of all time. I don't see how anyone couldn't love Derricks attitude of I'm not going to recruit. If you want to play with me fine if not I'll beat you. He's got an old school mentality that this new era doesn't have.

Heediot
01-15-2012, 12:03 PM
add Tom Brady, Kevin Durant, Tiger woods (yeah I said it) Sidney Crosby to the list.

AndyfromNeptune
01-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Kobe is right. There are not too many people in this league that have that mentality.

Kobe, Chris Paul, and Derrick Rose don't accept losing. I have a lot of respect for that.

Also throw in Iman Shumpert into that list. He may not be as good as the above but he will do anything to win and it shows in his comments after games. I really like his attitude.

Bullsfan22
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Kobe is right. There are not too many people in this league that have that mentality.

Kobe, Chris Paul, and Derrick Rose don't accept losing. I have a lot of respect for that.

Also throw in Iman Shumpert into that list. He may not be as good as the above but he will do anything to win and it shows in his comments after games. I really like his attitude.

:hi5: Shumpert!

Lakeshow24KB
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
I would throw Manu in that conversation, and even Durant

Manu is a ******

BKLYNpigeon
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Durant is not there yet. he showing flashes of it this season, but I rememebr him always passing up the last shot.

BKLYNpigeon
01-15-2012, 12:38 PM
add Tom Brady, Kevin Durant, Tiger woods (yeah I said it) Sidney Crosby to the list.

-Tom Brady, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgi2lY62Hto

-Kevin Durant, he's sill learning.

-Tiger Woods? too bad he cant even make the cut to the Final Round to even compete.

-Sidney Crosby cant even spell his own name.

kdspurman
01-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Manu is a ******

:facepalm: real classless response. why don't you get a clue man, Manu is easily up there with those guys in terms of competitive attitude and doing anything not to lose a game.

coryd238
01-15-2012, 01:01 PM
You guys seriously think Durant has the same competitive edge as Kobe? Great, more ****ing KD dick riding.

tredigs
01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Interesting read on Kobe's struggles at the end of close playoff games; http://chasing23.com/kobe-bryant-vs-lebron-james-game-winning-shots/

Just came up on it this morning, and it seems appropriate here.

Lakeshow24KB
01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
:facepalm: real classless response. why don't you get a clue man, Manu is easily up there with those guys in terms of competitive attitude and doing anything not to lose a game.

Lol sorry I just dont like him.

northsider
01-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Kobe has spoken.

PhillyStandUp
01-15-2012, 01:18 PM
KD is a beast and one of my favorite players. However he doesn't have Kobe's competitive edge yet. Rose, Paul, and Manu definitely has it. I remember Iverson having it as well.

Heediot
01-15-2012, 01:50 PM
-Tom Brady, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgi2lY62Hto

-Kevin Durant, he's sill learning.

-Tiger Woods? too bad he cant even make the cut to the Final Round to even compete.

-Sidney Crosby cant even spell his own name.

Lolol.

However, this is about determination, spirit and will, not swag. If Durant is still learning so Rose. Woods will be back this year. Golf is a game of extreme focus, once he gets that back he'll be back to form. Crosby, I guess you can take out and question his willingness to risk himself.

Heediot
01-15-2012, 01:52 PM
KD is a beast and one of my favorite players. However he doesn't have Kobe's competitive edge yet. Rose, Paul, and Manu definitely has it. I remember Iverson having it as well.

How does he not have it? You gotta be kidding me, him and Rose are in my opinion are two true ballers that do it for the sport and not as much about the image. Kobe has an edge but its more ego-centered. Rose and Durant just want to play and win, just my 2 cents.

showtym24
01-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Ive always felt the same way about cp3. Thats why i was so happy when we had him for an hour and a half.

showtym24
01-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Kobe always says good things about Rose it's nice to hear from one of the greatest of all time. I don't see how anyone couldn't love Derricks attitude of I'm not going to recruit. If you want to play with me fine if not I'll beat you. He's got an old school mentality that this new era doesn't have.

Yup, the kobe mentality.

SeoulBeatz
01-15-2012, 02:09 PM
He forgot Wade and KD IMO

clehmun
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Kobe is saying Rose and Paul have the same level of competitive edge. He doesn't mean other players like Durant and Wade doesn't have it, but just not as strong.

It's about their will to get better. Kobe said in Rose's rookie year, everyone was saying how Rose doesn't have a jump shot. A year later, he came back and averaged 1.6 3s a game. I've seen Rose hitting so many big three pointers this year.You have to respect the guy.

Gram
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM

Why you yawning? Just because he didn't say a member of the heat had the same competitive edge as him?

jmaest
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
In fairness, I don't think Kobe was saying anyone *doesn't* have that competitive edge. People are just reading that out of his comments.

All Kobe is saying is that DRose and CP3 are 2 players that *he sees* that have that fire. That doesn't mean that Durant and/or Wade don't have it in Kobe's opinion. Only that it's more visible in DRose and CP3.

Having said that, and as a Bulls fan I appreciate what he's saying, but honestly who gives a rat's ***** what Kobe thinks?

VRP723
01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Who gives a **** who Kobe thinks cares the most about winning? I'll never get basketball...

DeRozan10
01-15-2012, 03:50 PM
ummm...wade?

wade and lebron complain about every god damn call that goes against them late in games. they always have the stupid whiny look on their face. They will never have be in the same league as the Kobe's, Rose's and Durants.

Blake Griffin is awful for that too. He needs to stop whining on every single call and just play the game

chicago lulz
01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Who gives a **** who Kobe thinks cares the most about winning? I'll never get basketball...

If you're on offense, you try and get the ball into the net. In doing so, you score 2 or 3 points, depending on where you shoot from. If you're on defense, you try to prevent the other team from putting the ball into the hoop. Whoever has the most points after 4 quarters wins the game. That's it basically. From there you just have to understand the different rules of the game and such.

dtmagnet
01-15-2012, 04:16 PM
This is just trash talk from Kobe, not sure why anyone would pay it serious mind.

John Walls Era
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
What about his teammates?

Chronz
01-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I dont know what hes trying to say but I don't see any of Kobe in CP3.

Wes_Craven
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM

SMH, yet you still took the time to click that icon and submit a post.....

Chronz
01-15-2012, 04:27 PM
wade and lebron complain about every god damn call that goes against them late in games. they always have the stupid whiny look on their face. They will never have be in the same league as the Kobe's, Rose's and Durants.

Blake Griffin is awful for that too. He needs to stop whining on every single call and just play the game

Kobe is the master complainer broski

quade36
01-15-2012, 04:43 PM
same? Kobe must mean just a step below.

Lakerhead4ever
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
he's right. but people have to understand that competitive edge factor. that competitive edge that if your team is struggling you will do whatever it is to win. if that means take every shot and say F the team than so be it.

i dont think wade has it, if he did he wouldnt let lebron take over games and continually allow them tho fails in the clutch.

and im not sure if durant has it either, yet at least

Daunter
01-15-2012, 05:34 PM
he's right. but people have to understand that competitive edge factor. that competitive edge that if your team is struggling you will do whatever it is to win. if that means take every shot and say F the team than so be it.

i dont think wade has it, if he did he wouldnt let lebron take over games and continually allow them tho fails in the clutch.

I completely agree

bucketss
01-15-2012, 05:40 PM

did you watch the 2006 nba finals

coryd238
01-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Seriously, can someone tell me why they think Durant has it? I have never seen that from him.

Supreme LA
01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I think Kobe is right. Rose an Paul definitely have it. Wade does too but it's just not always coming from him consistently.

Cfrey
01-15-2012, 07:04 PM
kobe with more stupid remarks yaya

Lakers + Giants
01-15-2012, 07:19 PM

Had he said wade you would have posted this ":clap:". . wade would get kobe's respect if he played through real injuries like kobe does. Not that there's anything wrong with that but i bet that kobe would have more respect for wade if he did play through the injuries, cuz i know kobe would've played through the injuries that wade's been through. CP3 and Rose do whatever it takes to win and don't take **** from anybody, both of those PGs also play while being banged up all the time as well.

JasonJohnHorn
01-15-2012, 07:34 PM
i dissagree with you on lebron, i believe he does. lebron has risen in the spotlight more than he has shriken, seems like the media wants to only blow up his failures more lately so everyone gets this image off him not being clutch almost to the point he has to be PERFECT in crunch time or he'll get called out.

LBJ WAS clutch in Cleveland. He made some big plays in games against Boston that pushed that series to 7-games, and he had a huge night against Detroit where he scored the final 25+ points from regulation into overtime that swung that series in Cleveland's favour and got them to the NBA finals (where they were promtply out classed by the Spurs). James took the ball in those situations and busted his @$$ off to win games, but since his move to Miami, I can't say I've seen that same drive in him in the closing minutes of a game.

You are right though, the media, and fans, focus more in the last season and a half than the first 7 years of his career.

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Lol at him not mentioning Wade. I hate Kobe so much...

justinnum1
01-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Had he said wade you would have posted this ":clap:". . wade would get kobe's respect if he played through real injuries like kobe does. Not that there's anything wrong with that but i bet that kobe would have more respect for wade if he did play through the injuries, cuz i know kobe would've played through the injuries that wade's been through. CP3 and Rose do whatever it takes to win and don't take **** from anybody, both of those PGs also play while being banged up all the time as well.

I woiuldnt have posted ****, i know how good a player wade is, i dont need kobe to tell me lol.

Is that why rose missed a game the other night. troll harder

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Lol at him not mentioning Wade. I hate Kobe so much...

I think Wade had that competitive edge, before he went on to recruit his homeboy LBJ. ;)

MJ-BULLS
01-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Kobe is one of the best of all time. Great compliment to paul and rose.

ChiSox219
01-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Seriously, can someone tell me why they think Durant has it? I have never seen that from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onPqStNnkk

MJ-BULLS
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM

Agree. I think some fans are just hating.

CHANGO
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM

Oh yeah! Let me risk my health and play hurt with a strained calf, a bruised left foot and the ankle injury. My team has 2 stars, they don't need me to win games in the regular season, my team is designed for the playoffs but I don't care, I'm going to risk my health to win games in the GREAT REGULAR SEASON who cares the playoffs? :eyebrow::clap:

Lakerhead4ever
01-15-2012, 08:15 PM

did u watch the 2010 finals??

Bruno
01-15-2012, 08:29 PM
thats bold.

kjoke
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM
But Kobe doesn't have it

Bam!

kozelkid
01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
I woiuldnt have posted ****, i know how good a player wade is, i dont need kobe to tell me lol.

No it's because the team didn't let him. He wanted to.

Good try, though.

Silent
01-15-2012, 08:36 PM

You are the biggest troll on this site

THE MTL
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
I would add Melo and Durant to that list.

As for Wade, he doesnt have it anymore. To let Lebron continuously have the ball during crunch situations shows no killer instinct for me. New York has two stars too, but when the game is on line....Amare DOESNT touch the ball lmao....It is all Carmelo Anthony.

Cubby
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
ummm...wade?

No offense to Wade, he is an incredible player, but I didn't see him put all the blame on himself after a playoff loss. Rose did. KD could be put in there, but I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

justinnum1
01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Wade and bron did a lot more than anyone here is saying...do a little research before you make some bull **** up.

Regardless, wade and bron dont need kobe's approval lol

Cubby
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Wade and bron did a lot more than anyone here is saying...do a little research before you make some bull **** up.

Regardless, wade and bron dont need kobe's approval lol

Nobody once said they did...

Sadds The Gr8
01-15-2012, 09:41 PM
he's right.

Bulls_fan90
01-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Kobe is all class. Love the guy, always have. There is a mutual respect between the Lakers and Bulls. Two great organizations.

Kobe the best SG in the NBA.

meloman1592
01-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I think its JUST chris paul. Nobody else has that look in their eye besides cp and kobe

No homo lol

kdspurman
01-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Lol sorry I just dont like him.

I get that... But his competitiveness can't be questioned

Lakeshow24KB
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I get that... But his competitiveness can't be questioned

That's true. I remember when the spurs played the suns he just tore them up. he's good.

bodupp311
01-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Quick question: If Kobe's opinion doesn't matter then why are Heat fans getting upset? It is his opinion, get over it. No need to fight over something so insignificant.

Ezio
01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Quick question: If Kobe's opinion doesn't matter then why are Heat fans getting upset? It is his opinion, get over it. No need to fight over something so insignificant.

Because the title has Rose in it.

chitown815
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
i agree, with kobe and all but some ppl are right NOBODY can compete with the passion, and desire to win as the worlds greatest, and a true champion from the boston celtics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C1DVoMJoEI

CTCUBBIES
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah! Let me risk my health and play hurt with a strained calf, a bruised left foot and the ankle injury. My team has 2 stars, they don't need me to win games in the regular season, my team is designed for the playoffs but I don't care, I'm going to risk my health to win games in the GREAT REGULAR SEASON who cares the playoffs? :eyebrow::clap:

See I think this is exactly what Kobe is talking about. He isn`t saying that nobody else is clutch he is saying other guys don`t have his will to win. Wade is probably smart for sitting out games but Kobe simply isn`t wired that way because he hates losing more than anything.

Jordan was notoriously like this as well. They are the types of personalities that can`t even have fun playing video games or card games because they always have to win. I guess Kobe sees a little of this in Paul and Rose but he clearly isnt saying they are the only clutch players in the league in my opinon. Obviously Wade is clutch.

DaBear
01-15-2012, 11:52 PM
I love how Miami fans budge into every thread when no one is talking about their players. No, Wade and LeBron don't have the same competitive edge as the players Kobe mentioned. That's why they all joined together, so they can try and win the easy way and play with each others balls after every game.

C-Style
01-16-2012, 12:47 AM
i can see that in em

Fuhrman
01-16-2012, 02:05 AM
I love how Miami fans budge into every thread when no one is talking about their players. No, Wade and LeBron don't have the same competitive edge as the players Kobe mentioned. That's why they all joined together, so they can try and win the easy way and play with each others balls after every game.

Exactly

redwhitenblue
01-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Kobe's right, Wade's got more of the instinct and drive than Lebron, but he's not on the level of the other's or he would've stopped passing off to Lebron as Lebron continually failed last year late in games.

Swift Game
01-16-2012, 05:00 AM

Yes, I think D. wade set a new Finals NBA record for Free Throws. That is called competitive advantage more than edge.

Quote I found in an article below....

Wade attempted 97 free throws in that six-game series, the most in the history of the NBA. In the Heatís pivotal Game 5 win, he had 25 free throws, as many as the entire Maverick roster. ESPNís Bill Simmons summed up the feelings of many Dallas fans: ďI just donít see how thereís any way this can happen in a fairly-called game. Itís theoretically impossible.Ē :speechless:

Wadeís record-setting performance does need an explanation, but as so often happens in life, itís a little more complicated than a conspiracy theory.

abe_froman
01-16-2012, 05:11 AM
agree with him and while i to think there are others that can be added to that list ,kobe is the type to purposely omit their names as a diss(why wade wasnt mentioned)

kozelkid
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Nobody once said they did...

Insecurity at its finest. :laugh2:

Cubby
01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes, I think D. wade set a new Finals NBA record for Free Throws. That is called competitive advantage more than edge.

Quote I found in an article below....

Wade attempted 97 free throws in that six-game series, the most in the history of the NBA. In the Heatís pivotal Game 5 win, he had 25 free throws, as many as the entire Maverick roster. ESPNís Bill Simmons summed up the feelings of many Dallas fans: ďI just donít see how thereís any way this can happen in a fairly-called game. Itís theoretically impossible.Ē :speechless:

Wadeís record-setting performance does need an explanation, but as so often happens in life, itís a little more complicated than a conspiracy theory.

You ever think maybe it's because every time Wade drives into the paint and gets breathed on it is a foul?

Cubby
01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Insecurity at its finest. :laugh2:

Yup. :laugh2:

MackShock
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/mcten/

"Kobe said after the game that Chris Paul & Derrick Rose are the only other players in the league with the same competitive edge that he has"

Nice compliment coming from Kobe. To mention Rose even though they just played the Clippers is a great compliment.

do you mean Paul?

Swift Game
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
You ever think maybe it's because every time Wade drives into the paint and gets breathed on it is a foul?

Absolutely agree 100%..
I am not advocating that he went to the line as many times as he does. MJ or Kobe has never went to the line that much in a playoff series. Not sure why Wade has the officials bailing him out more than anyone else.

I like Wade as a player, but the more I see him play I always see him cry to the refs. I guess it works for the guy. Just my opinion.