PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavs: Hold Sacramento to 23 points in FIRST HALF

MacFitz92
01-14-2012, 11:03 PM
This Mavericks team has to finally found it's groove. I can't recall a team as stacked as this team. They have Lamar Odom, Jason Terry, Vince Carter, Roddy Beaubois, and Ian Mahinmi on the bench. The starting lineup is extremely solid as well. Even the third stringers like Wright and Yi are very capable basketball players.

Mavericks lead 52-23 at half.

EDIT: Mavericks get franchise record with points allowed: 60. Final score Dallas wins 99-60

GoPacers33
01-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Pacers held the celts to 25 last week

MacFitz92
01-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Not quite 23. :)

The_Jamal
01-14-2012, 11:08 PM
It's the Kings

asandhu23
01-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Cousinevansduo

The_Jamal
01-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Oh and you fing crazy if you think it's all the Mavs D. The Kings haven't made wide open shots all year and today is just a worse version of that

John Walls Era
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM
This Mavericks team has to finally found it's groove. I can't recall a team as stacked as this team. They have Lamar Odom, Jason Terry, Vince Carter, Roddy Beaubois, and Ian Mahinmi on the bench. The starting lineup is extremely solid as well. Even the third stringers like Wright and Yi are very capable basketball players.

Tonight against Sacramento they are leading at half, 52-23. The last time someone has held someone to 23 points in a half was 2003. This is also a franchise record.

What are your thoughts on how the team is coming together, and how the defense has been this good without Tyson Chandler?

Those guys would be starting on the Wizards...

MacFitz92
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM
They've got the 7th best Drtg in the league, and people said the defense would suck without Tyson.

MacFitz92
01-14-2012, 11:12 PM

They're great players :shrug:

They just are burried behind so many players.

Jason Kidd - Roddy Beaubois - Dominique Jones
Delonte West - Jason Terry
Shawn Marion - Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitzki - Lamar Odom - Yi Jianlan
Brendan Haywood - Ian Mahinmi - Brendan Wright

It's just insane.

netsgiantsyanks
01-14-2012, 11:15 PM

the awkward moment when yi actually started on the wizards...

netsgiantsyanks
01-14-2012, 11:16 PM
They're great players :shrug:

They just are burried behind so many players.

Jason Kidd - Roddy Beaubois - Dominique Jones
Delonte West - Jason Terry
Shawn Marion - Vince Carter
Dirk Nowitzki - Lamar Odom - Yi Jianlan
Brendan Haywood - Ian Mahinmi - Brendan Wright

It's just insane.

yi jianian honestly is meh. i've witnessed him for 3 seasons.

MacFitz92
01-14-2012, 11:20 PM
He's solid as a third string/fourth string PF, lol.

Gators123
01-14-2012, 11:20 PM
lol You're going to make CED very mad!

kozelkid
01-14-2012, 11:27 PM
I still don't believe it. How can you score only 23 points when you have MJ and a Tmac/Shaq hybrid.

John Walls Era
01-14-2012, 11:29 PM
yi jianian honestly is meh. i've witnessed him for 3 seasons.

Hes a good shooter, only 24. Can't be too bad on a veteren team like Mavs.

onlythisfar41
01-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Cousinevansduo

yes where is our loudmouthed and cocky friend

MacFitz92
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Back to back three pointers will give the Kings 45 points at the end of three quarters.

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 12:16 AM
...and Dallas makes a franchise record for points allowed with 60.

39 point win holding Sacramento to 60 points.

kozelkid
01-15-2012, 12:18 AM
...and Dallas makes a franchise record for points allowed with 60.

39 point win holding Sacramento to 60 points.

Pfft, get on the Bulls level. :p

Opponents have been averaging 66.8ppg at home against us. :D

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 12:22 AM
To put things in perspective, their have been 18 times in NBA HISTORY, someone has been held to 60 points or less, INCLUDING playoffs.

Sactown
01-15-2012, 12:26 AM
This has a lot more to do with the Kings having more FGA than completed passes.. yes passes not assists lol... than the Mavericks defense

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Combination.

XpLiCiTT
01-15-2012, 12:37 AM
lol

tyfreaks brotha
01-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Must've forgotten we have mr John Salmons. He sucks ***

redwhitenblue
01-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Wow, one good defensive game against a horrid offense and there's a thread about it like it's miraculous?

As said, the Bulls have played 5 home games, the most points they've given up is 74. The other 4 were 68 points once and 64 points 3 times.

Gram
01-15-2012, 01:28 AM
CousinsEvansDuo is gonna come in and say that Sactown is unlucky because their shots are just BARELY missing!!!

Sactown
01-15-2012, 01:33 AM
CousinsEvansDuo is gonna come in and say that Sactown is unlucky because their shots are just BARELY missing!!!

We're unlucky because nobody likes to pass the ball

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 01:39 AM
Wow, one good defensive game against a horrid offense and there's a thread about it like it's miraculous?

As said, the Bulls have played 5 home games, the most points they've given up is 74. The other 4 were 68 points once and 64 points 3 times.

They also play at the 6th slowest pace in the league as opposed to the Mavs 12th fastest.

redwhitenblue
01-15-2012, 01:42 AM
They also play at the 6th slowest pace in the league as opposed to the Mavs 12th fastest.
So what?

Playing smart defense and slowing down games when you're completely shutting down teams is a bad thing?

The Mavs are playing betterl, and thank god because they looked god awful the first two weeks of this season, but they are still likely a 4 or 5 seed in the West and isn't likely to get past the Lakers or OKC this year unless Dirk can go bananas again.

dtmagnet
01-15-2012, 01:44 AM
If they weren't getting unlucky and having the ball rim out they would have scored at least 70 points...

Raph12
01-15-2012, 02:26 AM
I can't believe they held the league's up-and-coming best center (apparently DeMarcus Cousins) and the best PG (apparently Tyreke Evans) to a combined 15pts on 5-20 shooting. :rolleyes:

beasted86
01-15-2012, 02:29 AM
yes where is our loudmouthed and cocky friend

Under a rock in Antarctica

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 02:34 AM
So what?

Playing smart defense and slowing down games when you're completely shutting down teams is a bad thing?

The Mavs are playing betterl, and thank god because they looked god awful the first two weeks of this season, but they are still likely a 4 or 5 seed in the West and isn't likely to get past the Lakers or OKC this year unless Dirk can go bananas again.

The Mavericks are better this year, than they were last year. It's possible they are the deepest team in NBA history.

Nothing bad with a slow pace, just saying the PA is less impressive if you go at a really slow pace.

They play in LA on TNT on Monday. They beat OKC once this year, and lost to OKC once this year off a deep three by KD with 1 second left.

We dropped one game to both of those teams last year in the playoffs. I'm not sure how it isn't likely we'll get past them :eyebrow:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Oh and you fing crazy if you think it's all the Mavs D. The Kings haven't made wide open shots all year and today is just a worse version of that

of course it is, who do you hink your team played against:laugh2:

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 02:45 AM
They score 93 points a game. :shrug:

BKdoubleStacker
01-15-2012, 02:48 AM
The Mavericks are better this year, than they were last year. It's possible they are the deepest team in NBA history.

Nothing bad with a slow pace, just saying the PA is less impressive if you go at a really slow pace.

They play in LA on TNT on Monday. They beat OKC once this year, and lost to OKC once this year off a deep three by KD with 1 second left.

We dropped one game to both of those teams last year in the playoffs. I'm not sure how it isn't likely we'll get past them :eyebrow:

slowly take the mavs balls out of your mouth...

the mavs are not better than last year.

calm down, it was the kings....

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 02:50 AM
The Mavericks team is better than they were last year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-15-2012, 02:53 AM
The Mavericks team is better than they were last year.

lol mac stop with it, they are good but not better than last year.

BKdoubleStacker
01-15-2012, 02:58 AM
How so? you lost arguably your 2 best defenders from last year in chandler and stevenson. You also lost that little guy, leaving you with a much thinner bench

Your team is also 1 year older, with kidd, marion, and dirk.

They will make the playoffs, probably anywhere from 3-6, but they have a very small chance making it back to teh finals, unless they make a trade

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 02:59 AM
I can promise you they are much better than last year.

Delonte West has been more effective than JJ Barea. The additions of Vince Carter, Lamar Odom, Roddy Beaubois (injury), and Brendan Wright have created a ridiculous amount of depth and scoring throughout the game.

The defense as a whole looks better despite the loss of Chandler.

Ian Mahinmi did something in the off-season, because he looks reborn. He has a new repertoire of moves, and has vastly improved defensively. He's better than Brendan Haywood.

Our size was one of our strengths last year, but we might be the biggest team this year: Dirk Nowitzki, Lamar Odom, Brendan Wright, Brendan Haywood, Ian Mahinmi, Yi Jianlin. All capable starting big men in the league.

The team is much better, and I know this sounds ridiculous, but it might be the deepest team in NBA history.

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 03:05 AM
How so? you lost arguably your 2 best defenders from last year in chandler and stevenson. You also lost that little guy, leaving you with a much thinner bench

Your team is also 1 year older, with kidd, marion, and dirk.

They will make the playoffs, probably anywhere from 3-6, but they have a very small chance making it back to teh finals, unless they make a trade

Stevenson, no. Stevenson was not only, not a top 2 defender on the Mavericks. But he was never all that great. The reason he started for "defensive reasons" is because Jason Terry is undersized, and having an undersized lineup is never popular.

Kidd is a worlds better defender than Stevenson. Marion is probably the best defender on the team, and you could've argued him over Chandler (I wouldn't, but there's certainly a case), but he's WAY better than Stevenson. Stevenson was anywhere from 5-7 the best defensive player on that team.

Why we got better defensively despite losing Chandler? Mahinmi stepped up. He's been great. Instead of Barea, who gets bullied because of his size, we have West now. Carter has been great on defense, and guys like Odom play well within the defensive scheme.

Statistically speaking (even though early on) our DRTG is much better as well as our PPG Against. Even though the team is only now finding its fit together. Team has tons of potential, is stacked, shoots well, plays defense well, has a closer, veterans, speed, size, everything.

Much better than last year.

BKdoubleStacker
01-15-2012, 03:15 AM
ok buddy lol

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 03:17 AM
Yeah, this whole idea that one player makes a defense or three players make a team is invalid.

Sportfan
01-15-2012, 03:34 AM
We're unlucky because nobody likes to pass the ball
Rondo Pierce and Green for Tyreke and Cousins :nod:

NYtilIdie
01-15-2012, 03:35 AM
I can promise you they are much better than last year.

Delonte West has been more effective than JJ Barea. The additions of Vince Carter, Lamar Odom, Roddy Beaubois (injury), and Brendan Wright have created a ridiculous amount of depth and scoring throughout the game.

The defense as a whole looks better despite the loss of Chandler.

Ian Mahinmi did something in the off-season, because he looks reborn. He has a new repertoire of moves, and has vastly improved defensively. He's better than Brendan Haywood.

Our size was one of our strengths last year, but we might be the biggest team this year: Dirk Nowitzki, Lamar Odom, Brendan Wright, Brendan Haywood, Ian Mahinmi, Yi Jianlin. All capable starting big men in the league.

The team is much better, and I know this sounds ridiculous, but it might be the deepest team in NBA history.

Yi Jianlin is a ***king NBA journeyman for a reason, Lamar is a mess right now and is still butt hurt over the LA trade, Haywood's having a decent year, Wright is s**t he's started a total of 2 games the past two seasons and is averaging a career low in minutes.

Carter is averaging a career low in PTS & FG%, no Delonte West hasn't looked better than Barea did last year the P&R between Dirk & Barea was unstoppable and one of the reasons the Mavs were tough to beat and Roddy is shooting a horrendous 35%.

So, yes that statement was not only ridiculous, but also ***king stupid.

redwhitenblue
01-15-2012, 05:03 AM

You can't realistically argue the Mavs are the deepest team this YEAR if you're not being a homer. Or unless you're still in the early 2000's and think Vince Carter is a major difference maker and Yi Jianlian has great potential.

I'd love to hear you argue the Mavs depth versus an actual historically great NBA team like the 90's Bulls or 80's Lakers.

Iron24th
01-15-2012, 05:12 AM

You're joking,right?

SportsAndrew25
01-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Sacramento Kings. :laugh: :facepalm:

xbrackattackx
01-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Dee93st team evr how cud u guise not see dis?

Cal827
01-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I think Chicago did the exact same to Toronto last night in the 2nd half, but I could be wrong. I was drunk and on the side of the road for much of the night lol

asandhu23
01-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Where is Cousinevansduo?

Cal827
01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Where is Cousinevansduo?

Probably concocting a conspiracy theory on how the NBA rim has been modified to prevent Evans from averaging 82ppg, 22apg, and 1rpg (Not the rebounding rpg :D)on 99% shooting.

Chi StateOfMind
01-15-2012, 02:57 PM
MacFitz puttin that homer hat on. Mavs are not better then last year, sorry bruh. Mavs don't have the defense to consistently hold teams like that. More so the Kings fault, then Mavs playin good defense.

ThuglifeJ
01-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Biased to say deepest team ever. This year tho id say so if odom gets it toggether. Terry and carter arre both great off bench n depth.

ThuglifeJ
01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
I meant they are prolly deepest team right now much like last year. Not all time lmao.

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 07:51 PM
You can't realistically argue the Mavs are the deepest team this YEAR if you're not being a homer. Or unless you're still in the early 2000's and think Vince Carter is a major difference maker and Yi Jianlian has great potential.

I'd love to hear you argue the Mavs depth versus an actual historically great NBA team like the 90's Bulls or 80's Lakers.

They have the 2011 6th man of the year. (Jason Terry)

They have the 2009 6th man of the year. (Lamar Odom)

They have Vince Carter, who's been great on both ends, and leads the team +/-.

They have Roddy Beaubois who's scored 40 before. His scoring ability is unquestioned, and has been great with very limited minutes. His PER is 15.

They have Ian Mahinmi off the bench. He's been phenomenal. 16.5 PER, averaging a block and steal a game, he's scoring 14.4 points per/36. He's been great.

Then Brendan Wright and Yi Jianlan are both 3rd stringers and could start on some teams.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the deepest team in the NBA.

MacFitz92
01-15-2012, 08:15 PM
95-96 Bulls (72 win team) Top 5 bench players by minutes:

Toni Kukoc: PER(20.4) - PPG(13.1) RPG(4) APG(3.5)
Steve Kerr: PER(15.2) - PPG(8.4) RPG(1.3) APG(2.3)
Bill Wennington: PER(11) - PPG(5.3) RPG(2.5) APG(.6)
Dickey Simpkins: PER(10.4) - PPG(3.6) RPG(2.6) APG (.6)
John Salley: PER(10) - PPG(4.4) RPG(3.3) APG(1.3)

---

11-12 Mavs Top 5 Bench Players by minutes:

Jason Terry: PER(19.3) - PPG(14.9) RPG(1.7) APG(3.5)
Vince Carter: PER(14.4) - PPG(9.8) RPG(2.7) APG(2.2)
Ian Mahinmi: PER(16.5) - PPG(7.7) RPG(5) APG(1.2)
Lamar Odom: PER(7.4) - PPG (6.8) RPG(5) APG(1.4)
Roddy Beaubois: PER(15) - PPG(5.3) RPG(1.6) APG(2.6)

This took too long. Early, and Odom has been atrocious offensively, and the team is only finally starting to mesh, but statistically the team is better, and I really feel like we have a better group of players on the bench fairly easy.

mark1125
01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
It's all good because Cousins is the GOAT.

DallasRainCloud
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
So what?

Not likely to get past OKC or LAL? We were 9-1 against them last year in the playoffs. So what we lost Chandler? Westbrook is still a loser and Durant has yet to prove he can come up big when it matters most in the playoffs. People forget just how good Dirk is. Most clutch player in the NBA. Doesn't get recognition even after winning a ring, but he is.

ClippersE.G
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM

Mavericks lead 52-23 at half.

EDIT: Mavericks get franchise record with points allowed: 60. Final score Dallas wins 99-60

Its The Kings.

Tanakid777
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
They're improving (getting in shape) no doubt, but as some sort of great feat, I'd react to it if it weren't against a terrible squad in mid-January of a shortened season. Granted they did what they had to do win, and I hope they continue this roll and avoid getting beaten by sub-standard teams in a season where each game counts a little more in terms of playoff seeding than usual. Oh and West>JJ. JJ played about 10 good games all year last year (granted most were in the playoffs), and all of a sudden he's God. Insanity. Mavs fans wanted him gone mid-season because his shot was terrible, and he's a defensive liability. The "regression" of this team will prove to have been severely overstated, even if they don't win it all. A WCF or finals run is necessary to prove this though

drobe86
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
People doubted us but we here... People act like we aren't world champs don't know how to turn it on and off... Were a top 3-4 team in the west and we will see what happens in the tournament

DallasRainCloud
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM
MacFitz puttin that homer hat on. Mavs are not better then last year, sorry bruh. Mavs don't have the defense to consistently hold teams like that. More so the Kings fault, then Mavs playin good defense.

Hey. Maybe if Chicago gets the the ECF again, Derrick Rose can shoot better than 35 percent from the field!

And we are actually more talented than last year "bruh". Yes we do have a great defense. Yes we are contenders. Yes we can beat anyone on any night.

DallasRainCloud
01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Sacramento Kings. :laugh: :facepalm:

I bet you're proud of those losses against Toronto and Charlotte.