PDA

View Full Version : Wow i never knew that!

Lakerhead4ever
01-14-2012, 05:58 PM
As a big time fan of the nba and a die hard fan of the Lakers i am interested in knowing things one might not know about other teams from the outside looking in.

For example, a non laker fan may look at someone like lamar odom and say "wow i wish we had him on our team" because from the outside looking in he is one of the most versatile players in the league, but you dont see him every night and notice his major inconsistencies

Another example would be the triangle offense. Yes, it is proven that it work for countless years, but from the outside looking in, one wouldnt know that it took a lot of good players out of their element and made them irrelevant. such players like Steve blake, lamar odom (early lakers yrs) caron butler, radmonvic, ron artest and many more struggled with the triangle offense.

My question is, what are some things we wouldnt know about your team being on the outside looking in?

k.smith904
01-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Carlos Boozer can effectively convince the rim to reject opposing players' free throws.

Iodine
01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Wait so this is a thread about how the Lakers are smarter than the rest of the NBA combined right?

Lakerhead4ever
01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Carlos Boozer can effectively convince the rim to reject opposing players' free throws.

by this i'm guessing you mean screaming? lol Man i use to hate playing him when he was on the jazz because he screams on every shot. dude is annoying honestly

HT9Canada
01-14-2012, 06:06 PM
by this i'm guessing you mean screaming? lol Man i use to hate playing him when he was on the jazz because he screams on every shot. dude is annoying honestly

nice man, what team you play for?

Hawkeye15
01-14-2012, 06:13 PM
If you cut off Michael Beasley's right hand, it wouldn't change his game in the slightest

Birdmannn
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
nice man, what team you play for?

haha

coryd238
01-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Wait so this is a thread about how the Lakers are smarter than the rest of the NBA combined right?

Yeah, that's exactly what it is :facepalm: This board makes me hate the internet.

Umm, for the Nuggets... People think Nene is one of the best scoring and consistent bigs in the league, but in reality he gets most of his makes from wide open j's and feeds from Lawson. He's not the great post presence that people think.

Cal827
01-14-2012, 06:19 PM
O Lawdy guys, it's another Goddamn Lakers thread! :D

Geargo Wallace
01-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Rasual Butler's peni... nvm.

Lakerhead4ever
01-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what it is :facepalm: This board makes me hate the internet.

Umm, for the Nuggets... People think Nene is one of the best scoring and consistent bigs in the league, but in reality he gets most of his makes from wide open j's and feeds from Lawson. He's not the great post presence that people think.

how? i gave examples of the team i like so u guys can understand the question better. It honestly has nothing to do with the lakers but every team in the league.

but while we are on the subject, Yes, the lakers FO is very smart and proven.

coryd238
01-14-2012, 06:39 PM
how? i gave examples of the team i like so u guys can understand the question better. It honestly has nothing to do with the lakers but every team in the league.

but while we are on the subject, Yes, the lakers FO is very smart and proven.

That was sarcasm lol

Iodine
01-14-2012, 06:40 PM

Ty Lawson makes everything about 77% better. I want him to **** my future wife just to make her better.

:drool:

tredigs
01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
As a big time fan of the nba and a die hard fan of the Lakers i am interested in knowing things one might not know about other teams from the outside looking in.

For example, a non laker fan may look at someone like lamar odom and say "wow i wish we had him on our team" because from the outside looking in he is one of the most versatile players in the league, but you dont see him every night and notice his major inconsistencies

Another example would be the triangle offense. Yes, it is proven that it work for countless years, but from the outside looking in, one wouldnt know that it took a lot of good players out of their element and made them irrelevant. such players like Steve blake, lamar odom (early lakers yrs) caron butler, radmonvic, ron artest and many more struggled with the triangle offense.

My question is, what are some things we wouldnt know about your team being on the outside looking in?

Haha, I like how your two examples are two things that conveniently don't exist in Laker land right now...

I feel like with NBA League Pass and all the advanced metrics that are out there, there isn't much that fans are missing from other teams.

kozelkid
01-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Ty Lawson makes everything about 77% better. I want him to **** my future wife just to make her better.

Sigged. Only because it's SO true.

Iodine
01-14-2012, 07:05 PM

:laugh2:

Thanks brozeph

PHX2daDEATH
01-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Shannon Brown Sucks.

Lakerhead4ever
01-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Shannon Brown Sucks.

Lmao so true. I would say he's horrible.

kozelkid
01-14-2012, 07:28 PM
This is Omer Asik's girlfriend (http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Asik.jpg).

That just might be how he came to be called the Turkish Hammer.

xbrackattackx
01-14-2012, 07:30 PM

So pissedd you called this before me...:)

Geargo Wallace
01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
This is Omer Asik's girlfriend (http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Asik.jpg).

That just might be how he came to be called the Turkish Hammer.

That's a good excuse for not being good at basketball.

Iodine
01-14-2012, 07:37 PM
So pissedd you called this before me...:)

You can sig it also my child

Geargo Wallace
01-14-2012, 07:38 PM

Oh, me too! Me too!

Iodine
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh, me too! Me too!

I guess

kozelkid
01-14-2012, 07:42 PM
That's a good excuse for not being good at basketball.

If that were true, sure.

xbrackattackx
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM

Not worthy,not worrrrthhy.

Lakeshow24KB
01-14-2012, 08:16 PM

What? Sorry I was too focused on nicki. :drool:

whitvalid
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM

:drool:

let's just make this a poll so everyone can vote yes

Geargo Wallace
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
If that were true, sure.

It's true.

Iodine
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
let's just make this a poll so everyone can vote yes

If I wouldnt get banned for it yes lol

MJ-BULLS
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM

:laugh:

Cal827
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM
If I wouldnt get banned for it yes lol

:laugh:

You would get banned for that? **** this lightweight bull**** site. :pity:

BallIsAll
01-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Chris Anderson is ****ing trash I rather play a point guard at center than him.

mdm692
01-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Suns have always been known to be run n gun team and never play defense according to most fans looking in but this year we are top 10 in opp pts and opp fg% :D

kozelkid
01-15-2012, 02:15 AM
It's true.

You're right: a top 10, arguably top 5 on defense with an elite rebound rate big, sucks. Silly me. He's certainly no Aaron Gray. :rolleyes:

Fly
01-15-2012, 02:45 AM

no, you have the right to speak about it. people must know!

Geargo Wallace
01-15-2012, 03:13 AM
You're right: a top 10, arguably top 5 on defense with an elite rebound rate big, sucks. Silly me. He's certainly no Aaron Gray. :rolleyes:

Don't waste your time, dude.

phen0m
01-15-2012, 04:07 AM
I hope you didnt mean Omer Asik is a top 10 possibly top 5 defensive center? More like top 2, possibly top 1.

sunsfan88
01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Channing Frye isnt that good a shooter. He gets most of his points due to the wide open looks that Nash gives him and even then he sucks.

His % is only decent cause he takes like a million shots so eventually they'll start going in.