PDA

View Full Version : Wade Injury Update

MetroMan
01-14-2012, 03:04 AM
http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=ESPNChrisPalmer

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
RT @IraHeatBeat:

Wade calls it one of the worst sprains of his career. "It's never hurt this bad before," he said

Also X-rays came back negative. Will be reevaluated in Miami
MIAMI -- The Miami Heat aren't certain how long a sprained right ankle will sideline guard Dwyane Wade, but the team is preparing as if he won't be available for the start of this week's pivotal homestand.

Wade was hurt in the fourth quarter of Friday's 117-104 loss at Denver when he landed awkwardly and turned his ankle while pursuing a loose ball. He immediately left the game and did not return.

Picking Up The Slack
With Dwyane Wade off the floor over the past two seasons, the scoring numbers of LeBron James and Chris Bosh shift, specifically those of James.

Heat's Big Two, Scoring Per 40 Minutes
With/Without Wade on Floor
Last 2 Seasons
With Without
LeBron James 25.2 35.0
Chris Bosh 19.8 24.8
-- Source: ESPN Stats and Information
X-rays of the ankle were negative, but Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Sunday he wouldn't speculate as to how long Wade, the Heat's second-leading scorer, might be out of action.

"He's up walking around ... but we're not going to put a timetable on when he'll come back," Spoelstra said. "Thankfully, he's not in a cast or a boot. So we'll see how he responds each day, and we'll go from there."

Wade was receiving treatment for numerous maladies during practice Sunday as the Heat prepared for Tuesday's home game against San Antonio. Wade, already dealing with a strained calf, missed three consecutive games last week with a bruised left foot -- a stretch when the team went 3-0. Miami has since lost three games in a row to finish its recent five-game road trip.

Wade told reporters in Denver that he had never experienced pain from a sprain as severely as what he felt Friday. He also made light of his recent rash of injuries being a sign that he's getting older. Wade turns 30 on Tuesday.

Amid the early season adversity, Wade's teammates are preparing as if he probably won't be in the lineup for Tuesday's game against the Spurs -- and possibly longer.

"We're going to have to do what we have to do to keep things going," Heat forward Chris Bosh said. "We're still expected to win games. It's not the first time he's been injured. We all have been injured before. We just have to cope with it. Things have hit us early, so we'll see where our minds are at going forward."

MIAMI HEAT
Even more coverage of the Big 3 and their adventures in Miami. Heat Index »

The Heat adjusted relatively well the last time Wade was on the mend. Miami opened the five-game trip last week with a triple-overtime victory against the Atlanta Hawks without both Wade and LeBron James, who was nursing an ankle injury. The Heat then followed with a win at New Jersey before losing to Golden State, the Los Angeles Clippers and Denver.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...juries-pile-up

Slug3
01-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Just hope its not a tear.

Slimsim
01-14-2012, 03:23 AM
wade got hurt

Chi StateOfMind
01-14-2012, 03:26 AM
He probably will miss a few games.

DallasRainCloud
01-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Probably an act. He's gonna miss like 10 games when he should miss like 2, then he's gonna come back and average 30.7 ppg along with 6.8 rpg and 7.9 apg in 2 months.

LA_Raiders
01-14-2012, 03:36 AM
He is be pulling a Pierce, He will be alright.

Cfrey
01-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Lol wade specifically... wade is clearly on the decline and clearly does not co-exist with Lebron..

Would I rather have Wade and Lebron together for the rest of the season?? No f u cking sh it

but would I rather the heat trade wade for pieces that could actually help them become a better team?? YES

ThunderousDemon
01-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Wade sounds like a baby considering Kobe's played with a bad knee, broken pinky, and torned acl, and never complained. It might sound harsh to some but that's how I see it. :shrug:

Cal827
01-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Damn. Well I hope that Wade isn't too seriously hurt.

Although I think about 48% of PSD right now is in the middle of a :dance:

since Miami is hated so damn much.

Slug3
01-14-2012, 03:48 AM

I wish they had a smiley man who did the shuffle.

Htownballa1622
01-14-2012, 04:05 AM
Wade sounds like a baby considering Kobe's played with a bad knee, broken pinky, and torned acl, and never complained. It might sound harsh to some but that's how I see it. :shrug:

I promise Kobe is NOT playing with a torn acl.

Cfrey
01-14-2012, 04:14 AM
yeah being a basketball player myself when I was younger and experiencing ankle sprains, you can't just ****ing say oh I just sprained my ankle.. no biggie lemme get right back in the game...

LOL I sprained my ankle so bad one time that I literally couldn't walk.. Wasn't broken.. just a bad ankle sprain and wades looked pretty bad

naps
01-14-2012, 04:37 AM

Kobe had a torn ACL and still played with it? You know what ACL means? ACL = Anterior Cruciate Ligament.You can't even walk if that's torn. Get a ****ing clue. Don't think you can make people fool here. I ****ing studied anatomy and know enough about human body to catch stupidity of kobephiles.

And if your ankle ligament is torn you can't run on the floor either. Be a human and stop hating an injured man. Pathetic.

Cfrey
01-14-2012, 04:41 AM
YOU GUYS CANT PLAY WITH TORN ACLS????????

HELL I DO IT ALL THE TIME

just the other day I was like I wanna go play some backyard football... lemme tear my ACL real quick.. scored like 10 TDs as the WR

numba1CHANGsta
01-14-2012, 04:50 AM
He will be out 2-3 months mark my words

Raph12
01-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Why is he so injury-prone this season, is it just the schedule or did I miss something?

C-Style
01-14-2012, 05:04 AM
Why is he so injury-prone this season, is it just the schedule or did I miss something?

just this season?

numba1CHANGsta
01-14-2012, 05:06 AM

He's always been injury prone, shoulder, knee, ankle, every season it seems like something is wrong with him physically

Raph12
01-14-2012, 05:18 AM
^^Hmm I guess I haven't paid attention to his "games played" stat that much lol... Too bad, he's definitely one of the elite players in the league when healthy (top 3 IMO).

naps
01-14-2012, 05:29 AM
YOU GUYS CANT PLAY WITH TORN ACLS????????

HELL I DO IT ALL THE TIME

just the other day I was like I wanna go play some backyard football... lemme tear my ACL real quick.. scored like 10 TDs as the WR

You are a joke. Keep trolling. If you trolls weren't here this forum would be boring.

Jewelz0376
01-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Kobe had a torn ACL and still played with it? You know what ACL means? ACL = Anterior Cruciate Ligament.You can't even walk if that's torn. Get a ****ing clue. Don't think you can make people fool here. I ****ing studied anatomy and know enough about human body to catch stupidity of kobephiles.

And if your ankle ligament is torn you can't run on the floor either. Be a human and stop hating an injured man. Pathetic.

He obviously wasn't being serious about the acl thing..calm down

ThunderousDemon
01-14-2012, 05:43 AM

lol naps is mad. It's called a hyperbole naps, don't get so mad buddy.:)

Lakerhead4ever
01-14-2012, 05:50 AM
You are a joke. Keep trolling. If you trolls weren't here this forum would be boring.

It's funny that some ppl are called trolls like its degrading to your race or something. I don't think anybody cares being called a troll.

If we make a negative comment about a team Ohh well, it's a competitive sport. But being called troll isn't going to stop it.

Sheesh naps, u seem very aggressive tonight lol

giants73756
01-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Get well soon! The Bulls need you to come back so they get a better chance at the 1 seed.

GoferKing_
01-14-2012, 06:29 AM
I hate when such players get hurt (I'm not a Heat fan, opposite side). I'd rather see them lose with everyone healthy, then striped by injury. Get well soon Wade.

SportsAndrew25
01-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Dolfan305 is doing the dougie over this.

kobebabe
01-14-2012, 11:43 AM
It is so ridiculously insane how some people wish bad on players! Just because he ain't in your fav team don't mean you rejoice when they are hurt! Good Lord!

Geargo Wallace
01-14-2012, 11:47 AM
My Raptors have a chance now!

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Get well soon! The Bulls need you to come back so they get a better chance at the 1 seed.

Bulls can have the 1 seed, heat showed they dont need it.

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2012, 11:49 AM
He better hope it isn't a high ankle sprain.

yup, those are the worst. if he is, he'll be out at least a month, easily.

shyfly24
01-14-2012, 11:53 AM
ever since Wade came back they lost every game ???

I would trade him for a legit center and pg right now before they find out he might be out for a while

Wade and Chalmers for Curry and Biedrins?

Curry
Battier
James
Bosh
Biedrins

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
ever since Wade came back they lost every game ???

I would trade him for a legit center and pg right now before they find out he might be out for a while

Wade and Chalmers for Curry and Biedrins?

Curry
Battier
James
Bosh
Biedrins

:facepalm::facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Bulls can have the 1 seed, heat showed they dont need it.

That was last year and this is another new year. Though it was impressive for Miami to do what they did against Chicago in the ECF, I think Chicago is the better team this season with more team unity and more depth.

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 12:07 PM
That was last year and this is another new year. Though it was impressive for Miami to do what they did against Chicago in the ECF, I think Chicago is the better team this season with more team unity and more depth.

But chicago still has the same problems.

What are they going to do at the end of games when they are close? Is boozer going to be on the bench, if so they lose there third offesnive option, is noah going to be on the bench? asik and gibson are bad offensivley,

you are underestimating miami's depth

cole
miller
battier
haslem
pittman

is a ton better than last season, and we say how far miami got last season.

Miami's d is just as good as chicagos. Just look back at last season, once the playoffs started, the miami d was on lock.

shyfly24
01-14-2012, 12:07 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

You made some good points. You def convinced me

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 12:08 PM

More than you made...

You really think riley would trade wade?

Just not sure a whole lot of thought went into that post, therefor, i have it a 2X:facepalm:

Kakaroach
01-14-2012, 12:13 PM
If I'm a Heat fan, I'm worried that he might not be fully healthy this season after he comes back. Especially if its a high ankle sprain. Even if you are cleared to play it usually takes until after the off-season for it be fully healthy.

I know cuz Deron Williams had this injury a few years back and he struggled coming back from it. Just wasn't the same player for the rest of that season.

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 12:17 PM
If I'm a Heat fan, I'm worried that he might not be fully healthy this season after he comes back. Especially if its a high ankle sprain. Even if you are cleared to play it usually takes until after the off-season for it be fully healthy.

I know cuz Deron Williams had this injury a few years back and he struggled coming back from it. Just wasn't the same player for the rest of that season.

Wade will have plenty of time to rest...we are 3-0 without him playing

shyfly24
01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
More than you made...

Just not sure a whole lot of thought went into that post, therefor, i have it a 2X:facepalm:

Wade and James do not co exist. Wade is hitting 30 and is injury prone. Why not trade him for 2 glaring weakness the Heat have ... in the pg and center positions.

I just gave one example of a trade ... not saying to do that trade.

Or wade for deron williams and brook lopez?

Williams
Battier
James
Bosh
Lopez

Honestly that team is much better then injury prone wade

Lakeshow24KB
01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
As much as I hate the heat Its never good to see this happen to anybody. Get better soon Dwayne.

Lakeshow24KB
01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Wade and James do not co exist. Wade is hitting 30 and is injury prone. Why not trade him for 2 glaring weakness the Heat have ... in the pg and center positions.

Williams
Battier
James
Bosh
Lopez

Are you on crack?

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Williams
Battier
James
Bosh
Lopez

bull ****, we were 2 games from a ship last season, and barring a meltdown in the 4th of game 2, we would have prob won the whole thing.

Wade and bron arent the best fit, but to say they cant play together is very stupid and tells me you dont even watch the games. Done.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
bull ****, we were 2 games from a ship last season, and barring a meltdown in the 4th of game 2, we would have prob won the whole thing.

Wade and bron arent the best fit, but to say they cant play together is very stupid and tells me you dont even watch the games. Done.

That can be said about any team that loses a pivotal game in the NBA Finals, like when the Lakers lose that 24 pt lead in the game 4 of the 08 finals against the Celtics in LA.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM

They need to have more offensive sets by running plays for Bosh in the post and having Wade and LeBron cut rather than having them handle the ball 90% of the time. It'll conserve their energy and let the Miami point guards do their job.

naps
It's funny that some ppl are called trolls like its degrading to your race or something. I don't think anybody cares being called a troll.

If we make a negative comment about a team Ohh well, it's a competitive sport. But being called troll isn't going to stop it.

Sheesh naps, u seem very aggressive tonight lol

Yeah, Wade has a sprained ankle and all of a sudden Heat should trade him when he in his prime for a dinosaur Nash. That's not an overreaction? This is called the epitome of TROLLING. I am pretty sure MODs are more liberal on trolls when it comes to trolling the Heat.

mamba24

Um... First off... I back you... Kobe doesnt have a torn ACL... Never did. He has no cartilage in his knees. Just so you know... I've played with a guy who had a torn ACL before lol... It's a serious injury, but it's definitely possible to walk with it. I've seen guys run and jump with it lol. So thruth is... YOU NEED TO GET A F***ING CLUE BEFORE YOU CALL PEOPLE OUT MORON!!!!!!!!!!

shyfly24
01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
So if Wade gets injured in the playoffs ... then what? Wouldn't you rather have a group of talented players then one superstar?

Lebron use to dominate the 4th quarter and now ... hes considered a joke! Wade and Lebron can't both dominate the same time ... there not use to it

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
His Career will be over in 2 years BOOK IT!

mamba24
01-14-2012, 12:29 PM

What are they going to do at the end of games when they are close? Is boozer going to be on the bench, if so they lose there third offesnive option, is noah going to be on the bench? asik and gibson are bad offensivley,

cole
miller
battier
haslem
pittman

Miami's d is just as good as chicagos. Just look back at last season, once the playoffs started, the miami d was on lock.

Clearly Miami has the same problems as last season as well... have you seen the last three games??? Lebron has shared his 4th quarter disease with his entire team... they may have a good regular season but definitely will lose in the playoffs

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM

cole
miller
battier
haslem
pittman

Bulls>Heat

naps
01-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Williams
Battier
James
Bosh
Lopez

How the FCUK is Wade injury-prone? He missed 60 games in a 2 year period 5 years ago due to that should dislocation which could have happened to anyone. What makes him injury prone? I wanna see the season by season game analysis. Here is a LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01.html) for you ******.

And Wade will NEVER be traded. If one player in the entire league is untradeable it's Dwyane Fcking Wade. He is the Miami Heat franchise. Ofcourse you won't know what he means to this franchise. And only player worth trading him for is LeBron and they already have him.

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
His Career will be over in 2 years BOOK IT!

You are really bad at predictions. I really wish I was your bookie.

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 12:48 PM

cole
miller
battier
haslem
pittman

Miami's d WAS just as good as chicagos. Just look back at last season, once the playoffs started, the miami d was on lock.

fix'd.

No where near close now.

naps
01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Um... First off... I back you... Kobe doesnt have a torn ACL... Never did. He has no cartilage in his knees. Just so you know... I've played with a guy who had a torn ACL before lol... It's a serious injury, but it's definitely possible to walk with it. I've seen guys run and jump with it lol. So thruth is... YOU NEED TO GET A F***ING CLUE BEFORE YOU CALL PEOPLE OUT MORON!!!!!!!!!!

What? You are another Kobephile. There are two primary ligaments called Anterior and Posterior Cruciate Ligaments that hold the Knee together. If there is no ligaments than you won't have a ****ing leg. Jesus, I wish people had more common sense and were less of uneducated morons and knew how to use brain neurons.

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
You are really bad at predictions. I really wish I was your bookie.

I predicted the Mavs to win the finals in 6...but you're right I was way off.

naps
01-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Clearly Miami has the same problems as last season as well... have you seen the last three games??? Lebron has shared his 4th quarter disease with his entire team... they may have a good regular season but definitely will lose in the playoffs

You foresee the future? Are you God?

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Problem with Wade is that he plays reckless on almost every possession, whether he's driving to the basket to shoot or to pass, when he gets out on defending players, when he's trying to knock the ball out of someone's hand, when he's on the fastbreak. The guy has got to pick and choose his spots and put some brakes on those gears once in a while. Always playing at 100 mph. That's why he gets into so many collisions. He has to be more methodical and patient with his on-the-court movements. That will help extend his career I feel.

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I predicted the Mavs to win the finals in 6...but you're right I was way off.

You predicted no NBA season

BOOK IT!

Way off.

awwww.

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
fix'd.

No where near close now.

Just wait till the playoffs start bro...bulls will for sure be burned out by the ECF if they continue on this pace. Thibs giving deng and rose to many minutes.

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
What? You are another Kobephile. There are two primary ligaments called Anterior and Posterior Cruciate Ligaments that hold the Knee together. If there is no ligaments than you won't have a ****ing leg. Jesus, I wish people had more common sense and were less of uneducated morons and knew how to use brain neurons.

:facepalm: Dude you can play with a torn acl its just HIGHLY recommended that you dont...you can perminately damage damage your knee for life. But you can play with it. Philip Rivers played with a torn acl back in 07 in the afc championship game!

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Just wait till the playoffs start bro...bulls will for sure be burned out by the ECF if they continue on this pace. Thibs giving deng and rose to many minutes.

ok bro.

;)

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
You predicted no NBA season

BOOK IT!

Way off.

awwww.

I predicted The Packers to win the superbowl...

Wayyyyy on.

shyfly24
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
How the FCUK is Wade injury-prone? He missed 60 games in a 2 year period 5 years ago due to that should dislocation which could have happened to anyone. What makes him injury prone? I wanna see the season by season game analysis. Here is a LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01.html) for you ******.

And Wade will NEVER be traded. If one player in the entire league is untradeable it's Dwyane Fcking Wade. He is the Miami Heat franchise. Ofcourse you won't know what he means to this franchise. And only player worth trading him for is LeBron and they already have him.

Dude shut the *** up. I stated a freakin OPINION. And your getting mad over it??? Goodness, stop taking comments on the web so seriously ... its not gonna hurt you

THE GIPPER
01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Wow bad news and hopefully not a high ankle sprain. I had a bad high ankle sprain last february and it wasn't pain free until about six months later.

shyfly24
01-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I said I think miami would be better off if they had a team with 1 superstar instead of no team and 2 superstars ... and this dude had a heart attack over it

MTL_123
01-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Wayyyyy on.

Packers arent winning **** this year Baltimor got this on lock. Ball so hard university!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RLundi
01-14-2012, 01:22 PM

Wishful thinking?

shep33
01-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Hope he gets better soon, no need to fight through it and play though

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 01:28 PM

Wayyyyy on.

Really Oh my god!!

Tell me tonights lottery #s!

Btw, I predicted the starting score to every game to be 0-0, I predicted yesterdays weather and I even predicted what you will say next!

giants73756
01-14-2012, 01:39 PM

It seems like you are just trying to convince yourself that the Heat will have a chance against the Bulls. Everybody knows the Bulls are better this year.

Mr_Jones
01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
psd sucks

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Really Oh my god!!

Tell me tonights lottery #s!

Btw, I predicted the starting score to every game to be 0-0, I predicted yesterdays weather and I even predicted what you will say next!

I predicted the packers would win the SB and they did...i gotta look at my crystal ball but I'll give you the numbers!

effen5
01-14-2012, 01:46 PM

If anything the Heat is the team thats going to get burned out.

Bulls have the deepest team in the NBA with the Thunder, thats going to make it more difficult for the Heat.

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 01:47 PM
It seems like you are just trying to convince yourself that the Heat will have a chance against the Bulls. Everybody knows the Bulls are better this year.

Heard the same **** last year.

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 01:50 PM
If anything the Heat is the team thats going to get burned out.

Bulls have the deepest team in the NBA with the Thunder, thats going to make it more difficult for the Heat.

Then why is deng playing 40 min a game, same as last season?

rose is playing one less min this season than last year. And we saw how tired he was at the end of last season...

But heat will be burnt out first? lol, ok:rolleyes:

heat arent even trying hard they are playing so bad right now and look bored, they know it really doesnt start till the playoffs, and they have shown they dont need home court to make it through the east, they also limped into the playoffs last season..

kjoke
01-14-2012, 01:51 PM

More than you made...

At least its better than the guy who offered gortat

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I predicted the packers would win the SB and they did...i gotta look at my crystal ball but I'll give you the numbers!

I knew you would say that!!!!!

kjoke
01-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Everyone just calm the **** down

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Then why is deng playing 40 min a game, same as last season?

rose is playing one less min this season than last year. And we saw how tired he was at the end of last season...

But heat will be burnt out first? lol, ok:rolleyes:

heat arent even trying hard they are playing so bad right now and look bored, they know it really doesnt start till the playoffs, and they have shown they dont need home court to make it through the east, they also limped into the playoffs last season..

Wade looked really bored hugging his ankle yesterday. Lebron will be really bored playing the Spurs, Lakers and Phily coming up....

Quit using last year as a comparison! If its the case then the Heat will choke again in the Finals (if they make it to the playoffs).

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Wade looked really bored hugging his ankle yesterday. Lebron will be really bored playing the Spurs, Lakers and Phily coming up....

Quit using last year as a comparison! If its the case then the Heat will choke again in the Finals (if they make it to the playoffs).

There is a good chance they will until they prove everyone otherwise. But lets not let that cloud the fact they steamrolled through the east, and there is absolutely no reason to think they wont do it again.

Bottom line, the ECF will be a hell of a battle this season. We should only hope everyone is healthy for it.

rds1488
01-14-2012, 02:23 PM
first off Rose is not nearly exerting himself on the offensive end as he did last year, his minutes will be limited once cj watson comes back. With Deng the meng his minutes will go down bout 5 mins when the season progresses and butler gets more comfortable. And for your moronic theory of Rose being burned out again....... Rose specifically worked on his endurance and training so last years repeat will not happen again... so buddy you are wrong on many facets

rds1488
01-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Rose actually works in the off season instead of lebron working for 2 weeks on his post game then parties for the rest of the summer

justinnum1
01-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Rose actually works in the off season instead of lebron working for 2 weeks on his post game then parties for the rest of the summer

Couldn't be any more wrong. Quit hating and talking ****, and do a little research. You would be impressed with the **** lebron did this summer.

smiddy012
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
People here are ridiculous. Try even walking after a severe ankle sprain... tough to play basketball when your ligaments in your ankle are partially torn, eh?

This.

smiddy012
01-14-2012, 02:36 PM

Let's please not turn this into a Bulls vs. Heat or Rose vs. Lebron debate. We are two great teams with 3 great players. Only time will tell which team is better. I saw enough Bull fan prophisizing last year, especially after game 1 of the series lol. Yes we know what we got in Rose just be humble about it. Also there is absolutely no point in bringing him up in this thread.

FriedTofuz
01-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Doesnt matter, thelakers still will win it all

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
The other D-Wade injury update just got ridiculous and out of control with Bulls and Heat fans attacking each other. Just thought I'd create a new thread so the moderators can close the other one.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/931/dwyane-wade

X-rays taken on Dwyane Wade’s right ankle returned negative on Friday, though he said after the game that was the worst ankle sprain he has ever suffered.
"It's never hurt this bad before," said Wade, who is questionable for Tuesday’s game against the Spurs and said he had "no idea" if he would play. Even with a rare three days off for the Heat, we smell a game-time decision here, and it’s worth pointing out that if there is any leftover pain in his foot it could help the decision to sit. James Jones and Shane Battier are the favorites to start in his place if Wade cannot go. Jan 14 - 9:20 AM

effen5
01-14-2012, 02:58 PM
if rose sprained his ankle hed play for sure, wouldn't be a GTD...

He sprained his toe and the doctors sat him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-14-2012, 02:58 PM
if rose sprained his ankle hed play for sure, wouldn't be a GTD...

I know what you're trying to do, so please stop!

MetroMan
01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
MIAMI -- The Miami Heat aren't certain how long a sprained right ankle will sideline guard Dwyane Wade, but the team is preparing as if he won't be available for the start of this week's pivotal homestand.

Wade was hurt in the fourth quarter of Friday's 117-104 loss at Denver when he landed awkwardly and turned his ankle while pursuing a loose ball. He immediately left the game and did not return.

Picking Up The Slack
With Dwyane Wade off the floor over the past two seasons, the scoring numbers of LeBron James and Chris Bosh shift, specifically those of James.

Heat's Big Two, Scoring Per 40 Minutes
With/Without Wade on Floor
Last 2 Seasons
With Without
LeBron James 25.2 35.0
Chris Bosh 19.8 24.8
-- Source: ESPN Stats and Information
X-rays of the ankle were negative, but Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Sunday he wouldn't speculate as to how long Wade, the Heat's second-leading scorer, might be out of action.

"He's up walking around ... but we're not going to put a timetable on when he'll come back," Spoelstra said. "Thankfully, he's not in a cast or a boot. So we'll see how he responds each day, and we'll go from there."

Wade was receiving treatment for numerous maladies during practice Sunday as the Heat prepared for Tuesday's home game against San Antonio. Wade, already dealing with a strained calf, missed three consecutive games last week with a bruised left foot -- a stretch when the team went 3-0. Miami has since lost three games in a row to finish its recent five-game road trip.

Wade told reporters in Denver that he had never experienced pain from a sprain as severely as what he felt Friday. He also made light of his recent rash of injuries being a sign that he's getting older. Wade turns 30 on Tuesday.

Amid the early season adversity, Wade's teammates are preparing as if he probably won't be in the lineup for Tuesday's game against the Spurs -- and possibly longer.

"We're going to have to do what we have to do to keep things going," Heat forward Chris Bosh said. "We're still expected to win games. It's not the first time he's been injured. We all have been injured before. We just have to cope with it. Things have hit us early, so we'll see where our minds are at going forward."

MIAMI HEAT
Even more coverage of the Big 3 and their adventures in Miami. Heat Index »

The Heat adjusted relatively well the last time Wade was on the mend. Miami opened the five-game trip last week with a triple-overtime victory against the Atlanta Hawks without both Wade and LeBron James, who was nursing an ankle injury. The Heat then followed with a win at New Jersey before losing to Golden State, the Los Angeles Clippers and Denver.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...juries-pile-up

Sadds The Gr8
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM

place me in that 48%.