PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no any Dwight Howard to the Clippers talk?

TheBatchelor213
01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
I am a huge Clippers fan and to me it makes perfect sense. Although I have not worked out the financial specifics in my head the Clippers could easily offer the Magic just about as good a offer as any other NBA team. I believe you start by dealing Mo Williams to a contending team for a draft pick and a filler, off the top the Lakers. Although the pick would be in the mid to low 20's it still is a valuable asset. You then package the pick, Deondre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe for Dwight Howard. Magic is getting a up and coming center who is locked in for the next few years at a manageable rate, a potential starting point guard that could even be an all start if given the chance who is still locked in his rookie deal as well as a first round draft pick.

The Clippers on the other hand would now be throwing the most dangerous starting lineup in the NBA on the court on a nightly basis. Granted the bench would be depleted and in would be a must to take a shot on some vets looking for jobs a la Gilbert Arenas, Kenyon Martin if he gets clearance from China or maybe even a guy like Sheed if he is back in playing shape but WOW...would be amazing.

Seems worth it to me, just do not know why it is not talked of or mentioned. Clippers made the move for Paul it would only seem logical they would try and pry Howard from the Magic.

utl768
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
its actually not that terrible an idea

Lake_Show2416
01-13-2012, 11:35 PM
all 3 teams Dwight wants to go to seems to have willing player appealing owners

JollyRanch
01-14-2012, 12:07 AM
because the Clippers are not on his list

bholly
01-14-2012, 12:10 AM
There was heaps of talk about it before the Paul trade, when they had the Minny 1st and Gordon to throw around, but the rumour became that they weren't sure how Dwight and Blake would fit together, so they went for Paul instead.

Now, I just don't think they have the assets. DeAndre isn't a guy you can rebuild around, especially for that paycheck, and Bledsoe isn't enough either. On top of that, their picks aren't going to be worth a whole lot.

People aren't talking about it because they just can't get it done via trade, and most aren't really expecting him to get to genuine free agency just yet.

Lakerhead4ever
01-14-2012, 12:52 AM
that would be nice for a clipper fan but deandre jordan is only as good as his point guard, and im sure the magics arent stupid.

plus they said they wanted vets in return

only way i see this happening is if Blake is in the deal, and im sure you guys dont want to give up your beloved blake griffen.

i would tho

mvb815
01-14-2012, 12:53 AM
isn't bledsoe out for the year?

TheBatchelor213
01-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Bledsoe will be back later this month I think.

jmoney85
01-14-2012, 01:11 AM
deandre jordan is not that good

numba1CHANGsta
01-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Bynum>>>Deandre

bklynny67
01-14-2012, 01:15 AM
my guess is because Howard is worth much more than Jordan and Bledsoe and a late 1st round pick. and Jordan is overrated.

bklynny67
01-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Bynum>>>Deandre

obviously, but how does that answer the question of why have the clips not been mentioned? ..... don't think it does.

JOhnnyTHaJet
01-14-2012, 01:16 AM
No, the Clips have no viable trade options and a package of Jordan, Bledsoe, amd a mid 20 pick will not cut it at all, nor beat out the likes of Lopez, James, Morrow and 3 first rounders for Dwight and taking on Hedos contract or Bynum, Ebanks, Morris, and a pick for Howard.

Also, I dont think Howard and Griffins game could even coexsist, they are very similar, both are attached to the post, both dont have an outside shot, and their post up moves are their true strength. I think Jordan and Griffin are just fine together.

jrm2054
01-14-2012, 01:25 AM
BC he doesn't want to play there

heyman321
01-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Because

1) That package for Howard? That is complete crap. Deandre Jordan is a good shotblocker and rebounder, but is worse at scoring than your local hobo. And is not a franchise center. He is just a good complementary piece on the Clippers because their other positions are so well filled.

2) See #1.

airforceones25
01-14-2012, 01:34 AM
way to be living under a rock for the past month. :facepalm:

TheBatchelor213
01-15-2012, 04:35 AM
No, the Clips have no viable trade options and a package of Jordan, Bledsoe, amd a mid 20 pick will not cut it at all, nor beat out the likes of Lopez, James, Morrow and 3 first rounders for Dwight and taking on Hedos contract or Bynum, Ebanks, Morris, and a pick for Howard.

Also, I dont think Howard and Griffins game could even coexsist, they are very similar, both are attached to the post, both dont have an outside shot, and their post up moves are their true strength. I think Jordan and Griffin are just fine together.

Blake does have an outside shot its just not consistent yet hence why defenses lay off him on the peremeter, its the only way to guard him. Next season at this time I fully expect the outside jumper to be a successful component of Blake's game. On a side note, spoke with my season ticket rep before tonights game who did say Dwight to the Clips is not out of the question.

shep33
01-15-2012, 04:46 AM
Unless one of CP3 or Blake are involved they have no pieces to deal

PurpleJesus
01-15-2012, 07:25 AM
I am a huge Clippers fan and to me it makes perfect sense. Although I have not worked out the financial specifics in my head the Clippers could easily offer the Magic just about as good a offer as any other NBA team. I believe you start by dealing Mo Williams to a contending team for a draft pick and a filler, off the top the Lakers. Although the pick would be in the mid to low 20's it still is a valuable asset. You then package the pick, Deondre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe for Dwight Howard. Magic is getting a up and coming center who is locked in for the next few years at a manageable rate, a potential starting point guard that could even be an all start if given the chance who is still locked in his rookie deal as well as a first round draft pick.

The Clippers on the other hand would now be throwing the most dangerous starting lineup in the NBA on the court on a nightly basis. Granted the bench would be depleted and in would be a must to take a shot on some vets looking for jobs a la Gilbert Arenas, Kenyon Martin if he gets clearance from China or maybe even a guy like Sheed if he is back in playing shape but WOW...would be amazing.

Seems worth it to me, just do not know why it is not talked of or mentioned. Clippers made the move for Paul it would only seem logical they would try and pry Howard from the Magic.

cmon man, really? a late 1st, Deandre and Beldsoe for Dwight? The Magic would laugh at that offer.

bholly
01-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Blake does have an outside shot its just not consistent yet hence why defenses lay off him on the peremeter, its the only way to guard him. Next season at this time I fully expect the outside jumper to be a successful component of Blake's game. On a side note, spoke with my season ticket rep before tonights game who did say Dwight to the Clips is not out of the question.

Just bolding so nobody misses it.

Supa
01-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Magic may go for Griffin plus Deandre, but a package centers on Deandre, no way.

---

JMClarkent
01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
On a side note, spoke with my season ticket rep before tonights game who did say Dwight to the Clips is not out of the question.

That is salesman speak - I'd bet that that lady or gentleman has as much "Insider Info" as you. You could have replaced Dwight Howard's name with "Deron Williams" and they would have left the window open.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Are you absolutly kidding me:laugh::laugh:???

jordan and bledsoe for the top3 player in the league ROFL

YoungOne
01-15-2012, 09:46 AM
bledsoe and jordan?? no way magic gonna take this.. and jordan is overpaid and overrated..

PhillyFaninLA
01-15-2012, 09:57 AM
BC he doesn't want to play there

He said LA not the Lakers. There are 2 teams in LA not just the one. The reason LA is on the list is because of entertainment industry opportunities.

king4day
01-15-2012, 10:23 AM
There's not a team in the league that will offer a first round pick for Mo Willy.
Jordan is good but needs a pass first PG.
Otis Smith said he won't deal to rebuild. he wants to continue to contend. What the Clippers have to offer is just not enough. NJ and LA have superior offers.

IMO, with the emergence of Marshon Brooks, I'd be shocked if the Magic don't do a NJ deal when Lopez is healthy.

xbrackattackx
01-15-2012, 11:33 AM
He said LA not the Lakers. There are 2 teams in LA not just the one. The reason LA is on the list is because of a chance to make a sequel to all of shaqs movies.

Fixed :)

LakersIn5
01-15-2012, 12:03 PM
because its the clippers.

TheBatchelor213
01-17-2012, 02:45 PM
As I suspected, the talk in starting. And as I said earlier, Jordan, Bledsore and a 1st rounder is a solid packacge. Clips may have to swap say Butler for Hedo to make it more enticing in regard to cap relief for Magic but I think this deal has an outside chance of getting done.

rapjuicer06
01-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Jordan + Griffin for Howard + Anderson

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Not gonna happen.

2-ONE-5
01-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry Jordan and Bledsoe is not worth Howard, not even close. Bledsoe has proved nothin and Jordan isnt a Center you can't build a team around he is a good compliment to a guy like Griffin thats all. Lakers clearly can make the best offer but I dont think Howard gets dealt anyway

Rockice_8
01-17-2012, 04:17 PM
LAC has nothing to offer that's why, DeAndre is not fetching Dwight. Both Bynum and Lopez are far and away better players to start a package around. You want Dwight it starts with the initials BG.

I thought I saw somewhere that Jordan couldn't even be traded this year, not that it would matter anyway. Also Dwight already shot that down. He said something like "why do you people believe everything you hear, unless it comes form the horses mouth don't believe it." It's not exact but it was something like that when asked about the Clip.

Dwight to Clip is not happening it's a 2 team race.

JIDsanity
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
DeAndre can't be traded this season, and unless the Cips are offering BG or CP then his isn't happening.

JIDsanity
01-17-2012, 04:44 PM
There's not a team in the league that will offer a first round pick for Mo Willy.
Jordan is good but needs a pass first PG.
Otis Smith said he won't deal to rebuild. he wants to continue to contend. What the Clippers have to offer is just not enough. NJ and LA have superior offers.

IMO, with the emergence of Marshon Brooks, I'd be shocked if the Magic don't do a NJ deal when Lopez is healthy.

I'm gonna cry when we lose MarShon. Plays with the most heart of anyone on the court every night.

Raph12
01-17-2012, 04:46 PM
^You may not have to, Magic may keep Dwight until draft night and then take your top 5 pick and Lopez.

kylem4711
01-17-2012, 05:26 PM
DeAndre can't be traded this season, and unless the Cips are offering BG or CP then his isn't happening.

deandre can be traded this season

jmoney85
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
deandre can be traded this season

no he cant

MickeyMgl
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
He said LA not the Lakers. There are 2 teams in LA not just the one. The reason LA is on the list is because of entertainment industry opportunities.

The main reason the Lakers are on these lists is because they are arguably the best-run and most successful franchise. (Also the reason the league colluded to block the Chris Paul trade.) The reason the Clippers have been reportedly added to this list is possibly what you state above, although the NBA sending them Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups possibly made them viable for Howard, too.

JasonJohnHorn
01-17-2012, 06:44 PM

The Clippers are on his list now.

But seriously, I don't think LAC has the pieces needed. I'd rather get Bynum and picks than Jordan and Beldsoe and picks. The only way they could get Dwight is by throwing Griffen in the deal and that would be pointless because the entire purpose of bringing him in would be to put him alongside CP3 and Griffen.

The Lakers have more to offer. Bynum is a young center in his prime who is arguably at the top of the league. On a game-by-game comparison, Bynum has out-played Dwight in most of the games this season. Bringing Bynum to Orlando and making him the first option could make Orlando better than they are with Dwight. Added to that LA can take on Hedu's bad contract because of their exception.

Dwight + Hedu for Bynum+picks and pieces. it makes both teams better.

Not even NJ can offer that, because they'd have to throw Humphries and Lopez together to make it worth Orlando's while, and then Dwight is in the same place he is in now: No help in the front court. Sure, they have D-Will, and just having D-Will and Dwight can get you in the playoffs, but D-Will has said straight this season: They are starting players on that team that shouldn't even be in regular rotations. Giving up good players for Dwight will take away everything they got but D-Will.

LAL is still the best destination for Dwight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Hah, so ironic that someone makes a thread like this, and the next day, reports come out that Dwight is adding the Clippers to his list. The NBA world is one funny funny world indeed.

Cracka2HI!
01-17-2012, 10:41 PM
I love how many Clipper "fans" that I see in the NBA forum who have never posted in the Clipper forum. Now isn't a good time to prove your alligence. Props to the OP for putting this out before the rumor tho.

NYKnicks4511
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
DeAndre Jordan just isn't that good. He's a quality player who'll get you a double double on most nights and plays good defense but is just so limited offensively outside of putback layups / dunks / alley oops.

I like Eric Bledsoe but I don't think he has as much potential as everyone thinks. Quality starter though.

I think Orlando will go with a trade built around Bynum/Gasol.

Hellcrooner
01-18-2012, 01:41 AM
if howard goes to the clippers on a trade that does not involve griffin, jerry buss should put gun into sterns head and threaten with pulling the trigger if he does not veto it.

mvb815
01-18-2012, 03:04 AM
maybe the clippers should trade griffin. paul + howard alone could = nba finals

Derick713
01-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Because the Clippers used their assets to get CP3. Plus the Clippers can't trade DeAndre Jordan until July 1st since the Clippers matched the Warriors offer. The new rules of the CBA will make it hard to keep Paul, Griffin, and Howard.

apet8945
01-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Howard will pull a Lebron and leave Orlando in the dust by signing somewhere else. He'll get a S&T to another team that won't give Orlando much back and Dwight will become the new hated player in the NBA. He'll join the Clippers cause it makes the most sense and the Clippers will give DeAndre Jordan plus picks and a TPE which is slightly better than what Cleveland got, making the Clippers the new hated team of the NBA. Book it.

elonepb
01-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Dwight isn't going to the Clippers. He said it, Otis Smith said it, and the rest of the world knows it. Except Sheridan's make believe fantasy tales that got him fired from ESPN.

jrm2054
01-18-2012, 02:24 PM
At this point D12 should just back off the trade talk and wait till the off season so the nets or whatever team sign him dont gut the roster

elonepb
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM
At this point D12 should just back off the trade talk and wait till the off season so the nets or whatever team sign him dont gut the roster

Makes sense but why the hell would the Magic do that? I guess they feel if they can make it to the NBA Finals, he'll stay?

Cleveland thought that too...

LAKERMANIA
01-18-2012, 03:13 PM

It's simple, the Magic will ask for Blake Griffin for Dwight Howard and the Clippers have said they will not trade Griffin ever... So it's not happening

Raph12
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Dwight Howard dismissed a report that he has placed the Los Angeles Clippers onto his list of preferred destinations.

After the Orlando Magic defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 96-89 Tuesday night, Howard was asked whether he now has interest in joining the Clippers. Howard said no.

The website SheridanHoops, citing an unnamed source, has reported that Howard has expanded his list of preferred destinations to include the Clippers.

Magic General Manager Otis Smith said Howard's camp has not informed him that the superstar center has expanded his list of preferred destinations beyond the Dallas Mavericks, the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Jersey Nets.

Smith also said the Magic also have not granted permission to Howard's agent to speak with any teams in addition to the Mavericks, Lakers and Nets.

The Clippers entered Tuesday with a 7-3 record. Before the season, the Clippers added point guard Chris Paul, and the pairing of Paul and power forward Blake Griffin has given the long-suffering franchise momentum.

On Monday, Howard was asked whether he had made a decision on his future.

"Right now, I'm with the Magic," Howard said. "That's the only thing that matters."

In December, Howard told Magic officials that he wants a trade. At the time, Howard and his agent told the team that Howard would welcome a trade to the Mavericks, the Lakers or the Nets.

After Tuesday night's win, Howard joked about what he views as saturation coverage of his future plans.

He quipped: "Sources say Dwight Howard is signing with the Harlem Globetrotters."

/thread

ghettosean
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
This...

Dwight did step into the spotlight to officially say that the clippers were not on his list.

koberulesall
01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
"I'm a huge clippers fan"(you left out a part...i think you mean to say...."I'm a huge clippers fan dating all the way back to this past november"

koberulesall
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
i bet this guys prick looks like MJ's mustache it never gets touched