PDA

View Full Version : How many championships will the Heat win?

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I would make a poll but I dont know how too.

I dont think they will win any until they trade 1 of the big 3 for a solid center and PG.

I Would trade Lebron for Rubio Kevin Love and Beasley.. Make it happen Pat!!!

My guess is that they fall short up to their option year and then Riley trades 1 of the big 3 to fill out the team. If he does that then I think they get 1 championship. If not then Lebron will go down as the best player to never get it done.

How many championships do you think they will win?

justinnum1
01-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Prob 2, hopefully 3

Wade>You
01-13-2012, 07:25 PM
With Spo, I wouldn't hold my breath on a championship. His teams have more blown leads and have given up more game winners in his career than any coach in the history of the NBA.

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 07:27 PM
With Spo, I wouldn't hold my breath on a championship. His teams have more blown leads and have given up more game winners in his career than any coach in the history of the NBA.

I thought Spo was a good coach?

Would you do a trade like I mentioned above

Lebron

for

Love
Rubio
Beasley

Wade>You
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM

Lebron

for

Love
Rubio
BeasleyDepends who you ask: 80% of Heat fans or everyone else

Tough one, definitely would consider it. Can't we just trade coaches instead? ;)

Khri
01-13-2012, 07:29 PM
0, we suck.

RLundi
01-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Honestly?

I'd say 2.

OC Knights #11
I've seen this thread before and I as I said before i'm going with zero.

bholly
My best guess would be maybe 2, but anywhere from 0 to 4 wouldn't shock me.

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Yea Bholly. I am leaning towards what your saying. Wouldnt be surprised if they got 0 but I think if they trade Lebron for pieces to fill the team they could win 1 or 2.

SeoulBeatz
01-13-2012, 07:35 PM
When it's all said and done, this team SHOULD win a championship.

Lebron (regardless of 4th quarters) and Wade are just too good, and deny that is being a homer.

Supreme LA
I would say 0 and I don't believe they will win more than 1.

JWO35
Not 1,
Not 2
Not 3
Not 4
_______
I lost count....

Sofnr
01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
I think they end up with atleast 2 when all is said and done.

latinofire21
I think the real question is would the Timberwolves take Lebron for that package. From the twolves fans that I see on here I dont think they would give up Love, Beasley and Rubio for Lebron.

mark1125
Is this seriously a thread AGAIN?

bucketss
01-13-2012, 07:42 PM
atleast 1, its almost impossible not to with that much stars on one team

latinofire21
Is this seriously a thread AGAIN?

yes it is compadre

naps
TROLL thread.

OC Knights #11
01-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Not 1,
Not 2
Not 3
Not 4
_______
I lost count....

Exactly if it's not at least 7 then they're an embarassment to the NBA. People 20 years from now will look down on the Heat's big three as jokes (if not already) if they don't do something amazing.

Geargo Wallace
01-13-2012, 07:45 PM
I love when fans go nutz over a slight slump. The HEAT will looks a little more interested in playing basketball once the playoffs happen.

PhillyFaninLA
01-13-2012, 07:46 PM
I think they win 3 maybe 4.

It depends on what happens with some of the good young teams in both conferences.

bucketss
I think the real question is would the Timberwolves take Lebron for that package. From the twolves fans that I see on here I dont think they would give up Love, Beasley and Rubio for Lebron.

i would be skeptical sure he might make them better if you surround him with other pieces, at a businesss stand point lebron would make minny money that it hasnt tasted since the KG dayss, but at the same time i dont think lebron would be game going through the risk of a rebuilding team

for miami i wouldnt trade arguably the best player in the world for those guys, do they trade bosh? i dont see a front court of bosh/love working. with wades health up in the air i wouldnt make that trade.

PhillyFaninLA
TROLL thread.

Real thread troll posters responding.

gotoHcarolina52
01-13-2012, 07:47 PM
between 0 and 5

Right now I'd say 1 or 2, but zero isn't out of the question. Injuries, meltdowns, bad luck, etc can and do happen.

Wade>You
01-13-2012, 07:48 PM
between 0 and 5

Right now I'd say 1 or 2, but zero isn't out of the question. Injuries, meltdowns, bad luck, etc can and do happen.Spo happens. He never rests his players, plays them through injuries, has numerous blown leads in his career and so many clutch shots given up in his career.

PhillyFaninLA
01-13-2012, 07:48 PM
]I would make a poll but I dont know how too.[/B]

Right above the submit button it says poll and asks how many poll responses you want. Click it, then submit and make the poll.

ClippersE.G
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
At first I thought 0 cause of how Lebrick really sucks. And he just has an ora around him that screams "i will never win a title" ...but nah. I think Wade is so great, and Bosh is so underrated that them two alone would probably be enough to get them 1 title. Maybe 2.

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM

lol this is a real thread not sure why he called it a troll thread. lol haters gonna hate.

naps
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM

No, it's not. It's been made plenty of times here. Just because Heat lost 2 games in a row in regular season you don't have to make another thread on how many championships they will win. I ****ing hate overreactions. Just like there are 3-5 threads on why Kobe is ranked #7 on ESPN and all of a sudden he's the best player in the league after 12 games.

Appstate2012
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
lol this is a real thread not sure why he called it a troll thread. lol haters gonna hate.

Threads like this make people hate the Heat. No one nows how many titles their going to win. Everyone knows they have the talent too, but no one can predict the future. So quit making the same stupid thread every other day.

bholly
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I think the big problem for predictions of 3 or 4 or more is that Wade turns 30 in a couple of days, and he's had numerous injury problems in his career and plays huge minutes. It's hard to believe he'll be the same D Wade for more than 3 or 4 years, and he might not even get that much. With the contracts they have, and the new CBA, it isn't like they're going to have the cap room for a quick retool around Bosh and LBJ if Wade declines.

Of course it's possible they'll make the necessary roster changes and whatever to keep it going after Wade, but for now it looks like if they want to win 3 or 4, they pretty much have to start this season and not miss a year.

naps
01-13-2012, 08:03 PM

No, it's not. Threads like this make people hate the Heat. Your agenda is clear here. Why would other fans give a damn on how many titles Heat would win? They would first worry about their teams winning it not another team. Don't act innocent.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
At first I thought 0 cause of how Lebrick really sucks. And he just has an ora around him that screams "i will never win a title" ...but nah. I think Wade is so great, and Bosh is so underrated that them two alone would probably be enough to get them 1 title. Maybe 2.

so waht you're saying is bosh is better than lebron

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
No, it's not. Threads like this make people hate the Heat. Your agenda is clear here. Why would other fans give a damn on how many titles Heat would win? They would first worry about their teams winning it not another team. Don't act innocent.

No threads like this dont make the people hate the heat. Lebrons decision and party before the season has made people hate the heat.

I asked a question and I added a trade proposal. If you dont like it you dont have to join the conversation. Fans like you make people Hate the HEAT.

I can create a thread about anything I like basketball related. If you dont like it dont join the conversation Naps.

Any Twolves fans here?

If your Minnesota do you tade K Love Rubio and Beasley for Lebron?

Tony_Starks
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
As the elite teams get older and the league gets watered down they'll go on a nice run, probably at least 2 rings. Similar to Jordans bulls......

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Threads like this make people hate the Heat. No one nows how many titles their going to win. Everyone knows they have the talent too, but no one can predict the future. So quit making the same stupid thread every other day.

This is the first time I made this thread. You dont like it you can join Naps outside of the thread. No need for the hostility. This is a forum to express ideas. All the other Heat fans added to the conversation. Be more respectful.

Slimsim
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
over 9000

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
As the elite teams get older and the league gets watered down they'll go on a nice run, probably at least 2 rings. Similar to Jordans bulls......

Do you think they will stay together long enough to wait for that? Dont they all have player options in 2 more seasons?

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:14 PM
over 9000

lol over 9000 what? quarters played before the first championship?

Minutes before the first ring? I dont think anyone can live for 9004 years. Thats how many years it would take for them to get 9000 championships barring injury death and the eventual invention of a potion to live forever in your prime.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 08:15 PM
No threads like this dont make the people hate the heat. Lebrons decision and party before the season has made people hate the heat.

I asked a question and I added a trade proposal. If you dont like it you dont have to join the conversation. Fans like you make people Hate the HEAT.

I can create a thread about anything I like basketball related. If you dont like it dont join the conversation Naps.

Any Twolves fans here?

oh.. i wasnt aware lebron was the only one apart of that party

Tony_Starks
01-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Do you think they will stay together long enough to wait for that? Dont they all have player options in 2 more seasons?

I think so, it shouldn't really take that long. Lakers have maybe 3 more years of contention, Dallas about the same, Celtics maybe one, and the Spurs who knows? So in a couple years its wide open. The younger teams will be on the rise but the Heats experience should be enough to get past them......

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:21 PM
oh.. i wasnt aware lebron was the only one apart of that party

He wasnt. Chris Bosh and Wade were there too. Point im making is that the threads dont piss people off about the heat its the way they carried themselves before the season started last year.

Lebron was the only one who had a televised decision saying he was going to Miami though.

But this thread isnt about that its about how many championships they will win. Its about whether you think they can do it with there big 3 or will they have ot trade one to fill out their holes. Its also about the trade proposal i put in there with the wolves. Do you pull the trigger on that?

So stay on topic instead of turning it into a troll thread.

naps
01-13-2012, 08:23 PM

Any Twolves fans here?

Except I would point out if there's a thread that makes by other fans, which generate a cumulative thread toward Heat.

JordansBulls
01-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Here was the poll and topic when they first joined up

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=506743&highlight=how+many+titles+for+the+Lebron%2C+Wade%2 C+Bosh+trio

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:27 PM

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=506743&highlight=how+many+titles+for+the+Lebron%2C+Wade%2 C+Bosh+trio

How much do you think the peoples opinions have changed since the first poll. I think the results would change a lot since when they first joined up. I remember them saying they would break the Bulls win record for 1 season last year. At least they havent mentioned that again.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-13-2012, 08:29 PM

Funny, you are the one who started this thread. So instead of asking everybody how many titles do they think the Heat will win, you should have just asked what everybody thinks of this trade.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
He wasnt. Chris Bosh and Wade were there too. Point im making is that the threads dont piss people off about the heat its the way they carried themselves before the season started last year.

Lebron was the only one who had a televised decision saying he was going to Miami though.

But this thread isnt about that its about how many championships they will win. Its about whether you think they can do it with there big 3 or will they have ot trade one to fill out their holes. Its also about the trade proposal i put in there with the wolves. Do you pull the trigger on that?

So stay on topic instead of turning it into a troll thread.

What's the title of this thread again?

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Funny, you are the one who started this thread. So instead of asking everybody how many titles do they think the Heat will win, you should have just asked what everybody thinks of this trade.

Theres actually a couple of questions I wanted to ask. My feeling is that if they dont trade 1 of the big 3 before their player options are up that they wont stick together to win a championship. So I asked a couple of different questions to see what others thought. A thread can have multiple questions right? It doesnt all have to be in the title does it?

Sofnr
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM

:laugh:

Underdogz∞
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Dude I been saying it Spo has some neat (I use that word purposely) ideas but lets be real if Pat Riley were still coaching I dont think the Heat would've loss the series last season. So with a Coach who is growing and getting better hopefully like Spo Im going 1. With a legit NBA veteran coach, same team they have this year, I'd think at least 3 in a 5 year span. You got to think a 7 game series is a chess match as a coach and on the player side trying to beat King, Flash, and Boshua 4 times!! is not easy.

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 08:39 PM

Reread my post and then you can delete the question. People were talking about why everyone hates the heat. I said the thread isnt about that its about how many championships they will win. It matches my thread title. In my opening thread post it also asks if you think they will need to trade one of the big 3 to fill out the team to win a championship. Then it also asks on this prospective trade idea for the Twolves and the Heat.

Anything else you would like to ask before you actually answer the thread questions bro lol?

DallasRainCloud
01-13-2012, 08:46 PM

bklynny67
01-13-2012, 08:50 PM
hopefully whenever they do win, Lebron is no longer there. i don't mind the Heat winning a title, but it'd be cool if he never wins one.

sammid21
01-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Shouldn't this be in the heat forum?

bucketss
01-13-2012, 08:58 PM

LOL kind of funny how much said zero

theheatles
01-13-2012, 09:00 PM
just 1 this yr and then the world ends in december

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 09:00 PM
I think this can be in the NBA forum. This thread also involves the twolves and the general perception of fans around the league surrounding the ability of the heat to win a championship. What alterations may be needed to win a championship ect.

Wheres Hawkeye when you need him. I think thats the only twolve fan i know of on this forum.

devilsheat25
01-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Shouldn't this be in the heat forum?

Why would it be in our forum? We don't ask ourselves how many we win.

bklynny67
01-13-2012, 09:15 PM
I think this can be in the NBA forum. This thread also involves the twolves and the general perception of fans around the league surrounding the ability of the heat to win a championship. What alterations may be needed to win a championship ect.

Wheres Hawkeye when you need him. I think thats the only twolve fan i know of on this forum.

just curious, how does this involve the twolves? and where did that trade idea come from? did u just make it up or was it a rumor?

serious question, i'm not trying to be a d!ck like some people were.

Vinylman
01-13-2012, 09:15 PM
This year will be their best opportunity and i do expect them to get it done... but as time goes on it will only get tougher...

talent wise they should win 2-3 minimum

ironkobe
01-13-2012, 09:34 PM
only 1

latinofire21
01-13-2012, 09:55 PM
just curious, how does this involve the twolves? and where did that trade idea come from? did u just make it up or was it a rumor?

serious question, i'm not trying to be a d!ck like some people were.

I made it up for arguements sake.

They lack a center and a point guard even though I will admit Chalmers looks good at times.

Rubio at Point
Wade at SG
Beasley at SF
Bosh at PF
Love at C

I think that makes their team far more dangerous then the big 3 imo. Im sure posters would even probably say the Wolves are giving up too much and I may side with them too. Lebron is a hell of a player but Rubio has looked sharp Love solves a lot of their problem areas and Beasley isnt anything near Lebron but hes more then capable of being servicable at the 3.

What do you guys think?

bklynny67
01-13-2012, 10:01 PM

They lack a center and a point guard even though I will admit Chalmers looks good at times.

Rubio at Point
Wade at SG
Beasley at SF
Bosh at PF
Love at C

I think that makes their team far more dangerous then the big 3 imo. Im sure posters would even probably say the Wolves are giving up too much and I may side with them too. Lebron is a hell of a player but Rubio has looked sharp Love solves a lot of their problem areas and Beasley isnt anything near Lebron but hes more then capable of being servicable at the 3.

What do you guys think?

i think MIA would really have to consider that deal. although i can see them still not being sure about Rubio. he's looked real good so far but still very unproven. who really knows what he will be..? MIA would be better off trying to get a good PG and decent C by trading Bosh, or maybe even offering Wade to MIN for Rubio and Love, no Beasley. but like u said, i wouldn't be surprised if MIN says no.... they have a nice little core of Rubio, Love, and Beasley. they may really like the direction they are headed.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Rubio at Point
Wade at SG
Beasley at SF
Bosh at PF
Love at C

What do you guys think?

well right off the bat miami losees this deal. an unprioven rookie and kevin love whose numbers are inflated playing on a horrible team, especially starting at center where he is undersized and just isnt a good defender next to another slight framed power forward, id assume teams like the lakers would have feel days on them.

mdm692
01-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Not 1, not 2, not 3, none.

But on the real about 1 or 2, at the most if some of the other stars get injured.

UPRock
01-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm going with 3 titles.

Bruno
01-13-2012, 10:17 PM
two.

wade is 30 next month. he is yet to begin to adapt his overtly physical offensive game. if he is unable to find other ways to dominate offensively as he ages, this heat team is a lot closer to looking like LeBron and Bosh + filler than a lot of people think. unless he turns on the heat big time for the rest of this season, this season could go down as the start of his statistical decline (all up to him and how he adapts). But Flash won't be able to be flash as we know it in his 30's, he's gona have to adapt.

it also really depends on the talent that Riley brings in as the years go on.

bklynny67
01-13-2012, 10:23 PM
well right off the bat miami losees this deal. an unprioven rookie and kevin love whose numbers are inflated playing on a horrible team, especially starting at center where he is undersized and just isnt a good defender next to another slight framed power forward, id assume teams like the lakers would have feel days on them.

you mean field ;)

bucketss
01-13-2012, 10:26 PM
yeah lol

lakersiznumber1
01-13-2012, 10:32 PM
if they dont win this year i say 0 and its time 2 break 1 of the big 3 up

kobebabe
01-13-2012, 10:34 PM
may be 1-2?

Kyben36
01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Not 1,
Not 2
Not 3
Not 4
_______
I lost count....

you didnt say NOT 0

Fly
01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
3 or 4 if they can find a big man. 1 or 2 if Joel Anthony continues to be their starting center.

bholly
01-13-2012, 10:55 PM
two.

wade is 30 on Tuesday. he is yet to begin to adapt his overtly physical offensive game. if he is unable to find other ways to dominate offensively as he ages, this heat team is a lot closer to looking like LeBron and Bosh + filler than a lot of people think. unless he turns on the heat big time for the rest of this season, this season could go down as the start of his statistical decline (all up to him and how he adapts). But Flash won't be able to be flash as we know it in his 30's, he's gona have to adapt.

it also really depends on the talent that Riley brings in as the years go on.

fyp

and agreed.

BcEuAbRsS
01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd say 2...

setman2000
01-13-2012, 11:03 PM
YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN. What an original thread.

uprightciti
01-13-2012, 11:10 PM
between the bulls and knicks in the east for the next 5 years

i give them 1

okc 2

bulls 1

knicks 1

Ty Fast
01-13-2012, 11:13 PM

justOmazing
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Better question: how many championships will "the big 3" NOT win. 1 down, 10 to go barring a breakup.

Evolution23
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
let them win 1 first and then we can talk

utl768
01-13-2012, 11:29 PM

heyman321
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I'd say 7. And if they're lucky 10.

xBLAMEITON24x
01-14-2012, 12:28 AM
1 or 2

PacersForLife
01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
2 unless one of their young guys turns into something special or they acquire a young guy that does.

xxcubs22xx
01-14-2012, 01:57 AM
I would say 0 and I don't believe they will win more than 1.

This.

Cfrey
01-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Lol I'm the biggest LeBron fan but **** NO I wouldn't trade my boys Rubio and Love for him.. That's just stupid.

And if anyone on the Heat should be traded it should be ****ing Wade or Bosh.

ombada
01-14-2012, 06:59 AM
lol over 9000 what? quarters played before the first championship?

Minutes before the first ring? I dont think anyone can live for 9004 years. Thats how many years it would take for them to get 9000 championships barring injury death and the eventual invention of a potion to live forever in your prime.

Dragonball Z reference and internet meme.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-14-2012, 07:14 AM
less than 1

GoferKing_
01-14-2012, 07:51 AM
@uprightciti - NYK won't win championship, they would have to spend a lot of money or draft well, and change Pringles. ;)

Shammyguy3
01-14-2012, 07:53 AM

I think so, it shouldn't really take that long. Lakers have maybe 3 more years of contention, Dallas about the same, Celtics maybe one, and the Spurs who knows? So in a couple years its wide open. The younger teams will be on the rise but the Heats experience should be enough to get past them......

The younger teams are already as good as the Heat if not better. The Thunder & Bulls will be the two dominant teams this decade. I could even see the Clippers being right there with OKC/CHI (although not this season). Honestly, the Heat would be ecstatic to win one championship at this point. I thought Wade would be fine this season, but now he's seriously injured. And even prior to the injuries he was sucking. I thought he'd have 2 years before a big decline, but time has caught up with his style of play already.

between the bulls and knicks in the east for the next 5 years

i give them 1

okc 2

bulls 1

knicks 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens this way, except for the Knicks. That team is garbage, and there's nothing else to it. They have a horrible coach in D'Antoni. They have an over-the-hill, severely injury prone Stoudemire on a max contract. They have more than $54M wrapped up in Melo/Stat/Chandler next season. The year after that, over $57M. And in 2014/2015, almost $61M.

The Knicks will be a perennial 6th seed, if they're lucky because I see the Pacers and Sixers possibly beating them this season along with Chicago, Miami, Orlando, Boston.

SportsAndrew25
01-14-2012, 08:12 AM
not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven, not eight, not nine.

Chicharito
01-14-2012, 08:12 AM
hahah now i aint a Heat fan but some post makes me wonder how idiotic some people can be!

First of all Wolves wouldn't just trade Rubio, Love and Beasly for LeBron they would even throw in a blowjob to every stafmember to janitor in the Heat arena for LeBron.

Now i know this thread comes because Heats loosing streak but hey no one thought the heat would go 66-0 and now suddenly they wont even win a ring with LeBron because they have lost 4 games.

smh!

Badluck33
01-14-2012, 08:51 AM

I honestly think that they will win all of them. In every major sport.

God himself wont be able to stop the Heat from winning this years Superbowl or World Series.

Shyit just got serious.

king4day
01-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I would make a poll but I dont know how too.

I dont think they will win any until they trade 1 of the big 3 for a solid center and PG.

I Would trade Lebron for Rubio Kevin Love and Beasley.. Make it happen Pat!!!

My guess is that they fall short up to their option year and then Riley trades 1 of the big 3 to fill out the team. If he does that then I think they get 1 championship. If not then Lebron will go down as the best player to never get it done.

Bosh and Love would clash.
I'd ask for Rubio, Williams, Milicic to start.

raiderfaninTX
01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
The NBA Forum is complete gold LOL

3 of the top 5 threads are about the HEAT

Props to david stern for knowing how to market a team

mark1125
01-14-2012, 12:35 PM
The NBA Forum is complete gold LOL

3 of the top 5 threads are about the HEAT

Props to david stern for knowing how to market a team

Lot of posters and a couple mods must be going through a lot of tissues and lotion.

Not sure wht they insist on turning NBA forum into the Heat forum part 2, but whatev.

Gram
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LUnTQHV4c

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2012, 04:34 PM

ShakeN'Bake
01-14-2012, 04:39 PM
I answered zero. But they will probably win atleast 1. Real question is how many more seasons until one of them leaves the Heat.

ChitownSports16
01-14-2012, 06:06 PM
i say 1-2

LA_Raiders
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
0-2 Max. Bulls and NY are getting strong. Hopefully LA can get Howard...

kenzo400
01-14-2012, 06:17 PM

Lebron

for

Love
Rubio
Beasley

Definetly, these guys can actually play in the fourth quarter lol

kozelkid
01-14-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll say 1. Maybe I'm a homer, but just looking at Wade this season, I really think he's breaking down.

And they still haven't shown me that they are head and shoulders above everyone else. They have the talent to be that dynasty, but beyond Wade's injuries, that talent is far too overlapped and I just don't see that changing unless they find a way to hire an offensive genius in Sloan, which I give a .1% chance of happening since Sloan left the Jazz BECAUSE of prima donna stars wanting to leave and team up elsewhere. The other option of course would be trading one of their big 3, except people forget that each one of them has a MAJOR 15% tradekicker.

For Lebron, any team is willing to absorb that extra cap space. But I don't believe they'd be willing to do it for a very injury prone Wade for the next 4+ years or Bosh who just wouldn't be worth it. Besides, for all the Heat fans who still want to pretend Wade is the best player on that team, you can bet Riley will let Wade go before Lebron.

So unless Riley manages to somehow brilliantly swing Wade in a deal where they get more youth and balance, I can see Lebron in an awful situation with a nice sidekick in Bosh, but an aging Wade who can't stay healthy and nothing else due to cap restraints.

I say this season is Heat's best chance to win.

AndyfromNeptune
01-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't this thread only make sense if the Heat actually won a title?

I guess everyone should go in the NBA forum and ask how many championships there team will win as well.

And I'm pretty sure trade ideas without merit go into the trade idea or free agent forum.

kozelkid
01-14-2012, 06:36 PM
0-2 Max. Bulls and NY are getting strong. Hopefully LA can get Howard...

Knicks are irrelevant. They don't have the flexibility to make any major changes going forward. And that team won't become strong defensively anytime soon. All they can hope for is hitting in a major way in the draft, which will be tough at around the late teens or so. Then again, if there is one thing NY shown capable of doing, it's drafting. Too bad they traded so many of their picks away in the Tmac and Melo deals.

Bulls, Miami, OKC, LAC, and either LA, Dallas, or Orlando (whichever gets the combo of either Deron/Howard or both) seem to be the only other teams that will be legitimate contenders for next 2-3 years barring another major trade or some young team making major strides. Possibly Denver and Portland as well.

Note: I didn't list New Jersey because, sadly, I think they'll lose the Howard sweepstakes as Deron leaves them as well.

MTar786
01-14-2012, 07:00 PM
all they have to do is trade lebron and cole for dwight and nelson and hey are set

nelson/chalmers
wade/miller
battier/miller
bosh/haslem
dwight/anthony

that team is a a championship team for sure.

wade and bosh are your two options on offense. dwight is your third scoring option which would be perfect for him. chalmers,battier and miller are your outside shooters. wade and battier are you defensive stoppers. wade and nelson are your play makers, haslem is your 6th man rebounder, defender hustler guy and dwight is your shot blocker, interior defender, inside presence and main rebounder

MTL_123
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
wow some of the people on this site are so stupid. Ok Miami lost 3 straight so now we should trade Lebron or Wade. Really wow

Shammyguy3
01-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I've always thought you should trade one of Wade or Lebron. :shrug:

Silent
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe 1

Supreme LA
01-14-2012, 07:31 PM
wow some of the people on this site are so stupid. Ok Miami lost 3 straight so now we should trade Lebron or Wade. Really wow

You're right. It's amazing how stupid some fans are, especially the ones who voted 5+ and 7+ championships :facepalm:

ragee
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Its really hard to say... They are a good team but they still have flaws... And it really depends on how the other teams as well. There are a lot of promising teams that could give them a run for their money... If they really want to speed win a lot, I would say, trade Lebron for Dwight straight up...

Bruno
01-14-2012, 08:31 PM
fyp

and agreed.

read through the thread and read that you wrote the same thing, i shoulda just x2ed ya. :cheers:

Cubby
01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
I'll say 1. Maybe I'm a homer, but just looking at Wade this season, I really think he's breaking down.

And they still haven't shown me that they are head and shoulders above everyone else. They have the talent to be that dynasty, but beyond Wade's injuries, that talent is far too overlapped and I just don't see that changing unless they find a way to hire an offensive genius in Sloan, which I give a .1% chance of happening since Sloan left the Jazz BECAUSE of prima donna stars wanting to leave and team up elsewhere. The other option of course would be trading one of their big 3, except people forget that each one of them has a MAJOR 15% tradekicker.

For Lebron, any team is willing to absorb that extra cap space. But I don't believe they'd be willing to do it for a very injury prone Wade for the next 4+ years or Bosh who just wouldn't be worth it. Besides, for all the Heat fans who still want to pretend Wade is the best player on that team, you can bet Riley will let Wade go before Lebron.

So unless Riley manages to somehow brilliantly swing Wade in a deal where they get more youth and balance, I can see Lebron in an awful situation with a nice sidekick in Bosh, but an aging Wade who can't stay healthy and nothing else due to cap restraints.

I say this season is Heat's best chance to win.

Agreed. I think if they don't win it this year, they won't win at all. I'd say the max is one or two rings, but zero is definitely a possibility.

Cubby
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM
I've always thought you should trade one of Wade or Lebron. :shrug:

It'll probably never happen though. I don't see a team taking an injury prone Wade just to help out the Heat.

bucketss
01-14-2012, 09:16 PM
all they have to do is trade lebron and cole for dwight and nelson and hey are set

nelson/chalmers
wade/miller
battier/miller
bosh/haslem
dwight/anthony

that team is a a championship team for sure.

wade and bosh are your two options on offense. dwight is your third scoring option which would be perfect for him. chalmers,battier and miller are your outside shooters. wade and battier are you defensive stoppers. wade and nelson are your play makers, haslem is your 6th man rebounder, defender hustler guy and dwight is your shot blocker, interior defender, inside presence and main rebounder

wade is too injury prone right now...