PDA

View Full Version : And it begins: Bosh says he'd perfer Wade take GW shot over LBJ

MagicBucsSox
01-13-2012, 11:22 AM
It's in a interview in GQ mag. Just saw it on espn bottomline.

Because of his success in the past, given what he's done. He's a champ. He's an MVP, and he's hit a bunch of last-second shots. That's the time you have to put pride aside a little bit, and do what's best for the team. He's quickest, and he's gonna get a shot off. He relishes those moments.

http://m.gq.com/sports/profiles/201201/chris-bosh-miami-heat-interview-style

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
he's telling the truth, LeBron is one of the most unclutch players in the league

Thechidz
01-13-2012, 11:26 AM
nice

Cal827
01-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I could have sworn he said this last year too lol. On a side note, he should be looked at more for late shots too. He's shown in both Toronto and Miami that he is somewhat clutch.

Gibby23
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I could have sworn he said this last year too lol. On a side note, he should be looked at more for late shots too. He's shown in both Toronto and Miami that he is somewhat clutch.

Also in the Atlanta game

John Walls Era
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Hasnt it been obvious?

FutureGM
01-13-2012, 11:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2LvJQgaoc

Avenged
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
It's no surprise.. Most of us would have Wade take that lost shot. I think that's more on the coach though.

How about Bosh taking the last shot? They have 3 legit stars there.. He should have said "Me". :laugh2:

Evolution23
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
waiting for people to pull out irrelevant stats showing he is clutch.

Sly Guy
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM

lol, I remember that!

ll_eric_ll
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree Bosh, Lebron sucks

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM

oh good ol' stats which show how clucth lebron is:laugh2:

cmon haven't we all seen what the guy does in 4th...a dissapearing act, last years finals he had 2 or less points in 4th quarter in 4 games.

And the last heat's OT games where he cant buy a bucket or even hit a FT.

celmxc
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
... yeah bosh has the right Idea... but will lebron defer to Dwade in the clutch

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
for a game winning shot, I would want Wade too.

tyfreaks brotha
01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
It's pretty obvious hasn't it been? I think Lebron can understand his role.

omdigga
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
i agree with bosh... wade is the guy for last possessions.. but i also think they should find bosh more for that shot as well.. he has shown to be pretty clutch..

biglord
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
who cares, Miami hasn't done anything but sign bron ,bosh ,& wade three players that dont even complement each other so what they have to say means nothing until they win something.

Sly Guy
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
lol, I'm waiting for LBJ to respond by saying he prefers wade over bosh.

BallIsAll
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
who cares, Miami hasn't done anything but sign bron ,bosh ,& wade three players that dont even complement each other so what they have to say means nothing until they win something.

Someone's mad lol they made it to the finals last year and actually have depth and this is coming from a nuggets fan

Geargo Wallace
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I'd want LeBron for the other 99% of the game.

oak2455
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
ok LBJ sucks:rolleyes: I propose Shumpert and Toney Douglas for LBJ....have a nice day:D someone needs to tell Bosh that he sucks too:clap:

Ragun
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM

we would of made the playoffs if he made that.

John Walls Era
01-13-2012, 12:36 PM
we would of made the playoffs if he made that.

He had 44 pts that game. The team just wasnt good that year.

Heatcheck
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM

here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_DLzwoZ_I

or how about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15mwWy5cbBs

there are more, about 16 to be exact

Gibby
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
he made the right plays, he got to the line like 6 times in the last few minutes. If he made the free throws, people would be saying that he is clutch.

sep11ie
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm sure LeBron agrees with Bosh too.

stawka
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
I've always loved LeBron and his game, and a show of constant improvement, but he's mentally fragile - beyond weak. Shaq was the same in his younger years to a different degree, ALWAYS paranoid about what people will think or say, and during last-second shots, I'm pretty sure the paranoia makes him **** himself and think of all the what-if's

He NEEDS to develop some sort of mental approach which rids him of the demon's in the clutch. Maybe winning a title, getting the monkey off his back could help, I don't know, but he needs to figure it out himself

Watch me get bashed now

jrm2054
01-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Bosh is right wade should

Heatcheck
01-13-2012, 01:00 PM
he made the right plays, he got to the line like 6 times in the last few minutes. If he made the free throws, people would be saying that he is clutch.

kind of a self defeating argument, dont you think?

iam brett favre
01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
After the half court shot against Orlando LeBron had in the playoffs i was convinced he was godly..what happened? :pity:

pd1dish
01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
It's pretty obvious hasn't it been? I think Lebron can understand his role.

hah you really think this is true?

BullsFTW
01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Bosh speaking the truth. Wade is more dangerous than LeBron when it truly counts the most.

The goods
01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd want wade to but people will make a huge story of this when really he's stating the obvious,they should've asked wade this question that would be more interesting to see if he would lie and say lebron or tell the truth and say ME!!!!!!! Lol

CaptainClutch
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Drama in South Beach

Chi StateOfMind
01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I would want Wade too.

ChicagoJ
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
If my team is playing vs Miami, there are far worse players I'd like to see have the ball in the end than LeBron. But, Wade is the better player in that situation. Given LeBron's passing ability I don't see why it would be a controversy. Put egos aside and go with what give you the best chance to win. I think that is what Bosch was getting at anyway.

mjt20mik
01-13-2012, 01:46 PM
It's pretty obvious wade is the more clutch player. Doesn't take a genius to know that.

gotoHcarolina52
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_DLzwoZ_I

or how about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15mwWy5cbBs

there are more, about 16 to be exact

And don't forget http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHOz7CXrk4&t=0m30s

iam brett favre
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Ok wasn't half court but still :speechless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCv4Ew-HyQ0&feature=fvst
I'm not defending LeBron, more like showing how far he's fallen in terms of being clutch :D

Iron24th
01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Wade is a cold blooded closer,of course he must takes the GW.

marj987
01-13-2012, 02:09 PM
What? I would to. I mean IDK if this helps, but for being a superstar LeBron has only what? one or teo gamewinners? Against the Warriors, and Magic.........He's missed more shots than he's made in the clutch.......Including free throws.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 02:13 PM
he's telling the truth, LeBron is one of the most unclutch players in the league

yes one of the most unclutch players in the nba is able to close series out like lebron did against pistons/bulls/celtics, troll...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
yes one of the most unclutch players in the nba is able to close series out like lebron did against pistons/bulls/celtics, troll...

then why didnt he close the finals?

John Walls Era
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't hate the Heat, but I am not impressed with the 3 youtube videos posted to prove that Lebron is clutch. I can find more clutch shots by Chalmers and Bosh separately than clutch plays by Lebron.

DaBUU
01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Bosh sounds weak

bucketss
you said one of the most unclutch players in the league, if you think thats correct than you're a moron and a troll

Raph12
I don't know why this is news, it's Dwyane fcking Wade...

bucketss
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
maybe you meant most unclutch among superstars

Bravo95
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
It would be a bigger deal is he said he'd prefer Cole or Chalmers.

pacofunk64
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
What it wasn't anonymous?

shizzle09
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Well Wade needs to buck the **** up and make some damn clutch free throws. Its driving me crazy watching the "Big 3" split free throws every time they go to the line.its a joke. hit free throws the heat win the last 2 games. figure that out first then worry about who takes the last shot.

championships
01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Bosh is right. Lebron is just horrible in the final minutes of a game.

He missed liked 4 clutch free throws the other against the Clips. It has to be something in his head

bucketss
01-13-2012, 02:38 PM
usually lebron is a good clutch free throw shooter,and he was making things happen in that game outisde of shooting fth's any other player no one would care

bucketss
01-13-2012, 02:45 PM
but i think lebron needs to be like kobe and just keep taking shots he hurts the team more if he starts being passive, kobe wasnt exactly clutch against utah. i do like even tho he was mising he still didnt stop being aggressive,

shizzle09
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
usually lebron is a good clutch free throw shooter,and he was making things happen in that game outisde of shooting fth's any other player no one would care

Bosh, Wade, Lebron, you name it they have all been HORRIBLE from the line. So frustrating just wasting points that could have won the last 2 games. Even in the games we've won free throws have been a problem. I care when anybody misses free throws. When the heat get to the foul line as often as they do they need to focus and hit the FT's

shizzle09
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
but i think lebron needs to be like kobe and just keep taking shots he hurts the team more if he starts being passive, kobe wasnt exactly clutch against utah. i do like even tho he was mising he still didnt stop being aggressive,

agree on this

beliges
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM

Kobe missed the last second shot badly against Utah but outside of that he made some major plays in the closing minute of regulation and the entire OT. The problem with LBJ in crunch time is that he has no go to move. He dribbles the ball, lowers his shoulder, bulldozes his way in and attempts a shot over 3 people each and every time. Thats not gonna work. You need a go to move on offense that will give you a good shot. His FT woes, well that just comes from the fact that his hands are so damn big and he is a poor outside shooter. LBJs personality is not wired to give him that killer instinct other great players have had. We've been saying for years and years now that he'll develop that as his game evolves but we havent seen it yet. But I just dont understand for the life of me why Wade kept deferring to him over and over again in crunch time. Wade needs to get a bit more selfish and tell LBJ this is mine.

Wade>You
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
If a mod is reading this, thread title should be renamed. Bosh didn't mention any names and he could have just as easily been talking about himself.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Kobe missed the last second shot badly against Utah but outside of that he made some major plays in the closing minute of regulation and the entire OT. The problem with LBJ in crunch time is that he has no go to move. He dribbles the ball, lowers his shoulder, bulldozes his way in and attempts a shot over 3 people each and every time. Thats not gonna work. You need a go to move on offense that will give you a good shot. His FT woes, well that just comes from the fact that his hands are so damn big and he is a poor outside shooter. LBJs personality is not wired to give him that killer instinct other great players have had. We've been saying for years and years now that he'll develop that as his game evolves but we havent seen it yet. But I just dont understand for the life of me why Wade kept deferring to him over and over again in crunch time. Wade needs to get a bit more selfish and tell LBJ this is mine.

well lebron has shown that killer instinct many times, i actually like what bron was doing in that game because he was getting to the line time and time its sad he missed but i wouldnt say its because it was his hands, i mean he is usually a very good freethrow shooter in the clutch, 84% last year in crucnh last year and 80% the previous year,

and on the wade comment, wade hasnt really been himelf this year fighting through injuries, and he was missing freethrows along with lebron in that game. so neither were fantastic in crunch time in that game.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Has anyone seen Wades numbers in crunch time? If I'm not mistaken, he's not very good either

MTar786
01-13-2012, 04:38 PM
regular season lebron > regular season wade

4th qaurter wade >>>> 4th quarter lebron

nba finals wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nba finals lebron

beliges
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM
well lebron has shown that killer instinct many times, i actually like what bron was doing in that game because he was getting to the line time and time its sad he missed but i wouldnt say its because it was his hands, i mean he is usually a very good freethrow shooter in the clutch, 84% last year in crucnh last year and 80% the previous year,

and on the wade comment, wade hasnt really been himelf this year fighting through injuries, and he was missing freethrows along with lebron in that game. so neither were fantastic in crunch time in that game.

LBJ doesnt have that killer instinct but the reason why Wade is considered more clutch than LBJ is because he has more of an offensive arsenal than LBJ. You know exactly what LBJ is gonna do. Put his head down, lower his shoulder and bulldoze his way to the rim. Thats what he does over and over again. Like Ive said before over and over again, Lebron needs to develop a go to move on offense. Because at this point in his career, he has none.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
regular season lebron > regular season wade

4th qaurter wade >>>> 4th quarter lebron

nba finals wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nba finals lebron

how old are you?

LBJ doesnt have that killer instinct but the reason why Wade is considered more clutch than LBJ is because he has more of an offensive arsenal than LBJ. You know exactly what LBJ is gonna do. Put his head down, lower his shoulder and bulldoze his way to the rim. Thats what he does over and over again. Like Ive said before over and over again, Lebron needs to develop a go to move on offense. Because at this point in his career, he has none.

yeah thats true, i guess lebron isnt a pure scorer and it doesnt help matter that him and wade just dont compliment each other

Evolution23
01-13-2012, 05:30 PM
how old are you?

yeah thats true, i guess lebron isnt a pure scorer and it doesnt help matter that him and wade just dont compliment each other

Whats not true about what he said?

BKLYNpigeon
01-13-2012, 05:37 PM
I think all of the Miami Heat believe the same thing, thats why Wade takes the last shot.

beliges
01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
how old are you?

Dont get me wrong, obviously hes a dominant scorer. But the reason he struggles so much down the stretch, and especially in postseason games is because he is so predictable. Teams give him the long jumper and collapse as he crashes in the paint. Its hard to score down the stretch if youre just lowering your head and forcing your way to the bucket. The refs are gonna be more lenient to the defensive player and teams are gonna collapse and make you force a shot. Wade by comparison is a much more pure scorer and has the ability to create his own shot around the perimeter. LBJ still to this day relies on his athleticism and sheer size and power to get most of his points. This needs to change. Hes not gonna be able to dominate the opposition athletically for his entire career.

shep33
01-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I would rather prefer them running some sort of offense down the stretch... maybe a high pick and roll for Bosh who is wide open like 90% of the time when that happens. Seems like it's better than going 1 on 4. If Miami just stuck with their offense they'd be fine closing games out

HairOiN
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Pick n roll wade and bosh would be ideal. It seems like Lebron is thinking too much in late game situations. He could be the next nick Anderson??? As far as it being something mental.

shep33
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Pick n roll wade and bosh would be ideal. It seems like Lebron is thinking too much in late game situations. He could be the next nick Anderson??? As far as it being something mental.

I agree, i don't understand why they don't go high pick and roll with LBJ/Wade and Bosh in that situation. Also if Wade is being covered by Billups or another small guard, I'd have Wade come set a pick for Lebron forcing the defense to make a decision to either switch or stay.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Whats not true about what he said?

okay let me creat a scenario for you

op:whos better durant or melo

poster:: lol durant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> melo

you can see how annoying that is

bucketss
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Dont get me wrong, obviously hes a dominant scorer. But the reason he struggles so much down the stretch, and especially in postseason games is because he is so predictable. Teams give him the long jumper and collapse as he crashes in the paint. Its hard to score down the stretch if youre just lowering your head and forcing your way to the bucket. The refs are gonna be more lenient to the defensive player and teams are gonna collapse and make you force a shot. Wade by comparison is a much more pure scorer and has the ability to create his own shot around the perimeter. LBJ still to this day relies on his athleticism and sheer size and power to get most of his points. This needs to change. Hes not gonna be able to dominate the opposition athletically for his entire career.

thats right, when hes jumper is falling tho hes pretty unstoppable ex: vs bulls. the thing is despite this i dont know why he stops shooting just because hes struggling. vs the mavs he just stopped doing anything, i remember the moment where miller passed him the ball he passed it back and retreated almost to half court, even tho its predictable its still pretty hard to stop and honesty it doesnt matter if he shoots low percentage or not being passive and letting wade do everything isnt a good idea,he even stopped playing elite defense, that series aswell as the one vs the celtics were head scratchers, especially the one vs the celtics you can defer to wade and be alirght but defer to mo williams and crew???

Abdul Mutalib
01-13-2012, 06:17 PM
4get all that last sec shot crap... did any1 catch the part where wade paints his toe nails? lol

BostonBigFan508
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
i belive he said this because of poor lebrons been playin in 4th quater as a whomaybetryin to get fire under his feet

jam
01-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Neither Wade nor LeBron have distinguished themselves as exceptional late game/last second shooters.

Obviously, LeBron joined the Heat so that Wade would be the #1 option in those situations.

beliges
01-13-2012, 06:23 PM
thats right, when hes jumper is falling tho hes pretty unstoppable ex: vs bulls. the thing is despite this i dont know why he stops shooting just because hes struggling. vs the mavs he just stopped doing anything, i remember the moment where miller passed him the ball he passed it back and retreated almost to half court, even tho its predictable its still pretty hard to stop and honesty it doesnt matter if he shoots low percentage or not being passive and letting wade do everything isnt a good idea,he even stopped playing elite defense, that series aswell as the one vs the celtics were head scratchers, especially the one vs the celtics you can defer to wade and be alirght but defer to mo williams and crew???

He doesnt trust his jumper. Though it has improved over the past few years, its still inconsistent and unreliable.

naps
01-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Ofcourse you would prefer the best closer in th game to close out your games. No surprise here.

naps
01-13-2012, 06:28 PM

U MAD? How far did your team go? You would probably pee on your pant to have them in your team.

I don't know why this is news, it's Dwyane fcking Wade...

Exactly. Bosh is just being honest.

"I mean, they're going to take it however they want," he said of the reaction to his comments. "I mean if that's the case, then I'm not going to be able to say nothing at all. I don't think anybody is. It's not really that big of a deal.

"I tell the truth. And if somebody doesn't like it, I can live with myself, because I'm being honest. You ask me my opinion. Others might have another opinion, and if that's their opinion, that's great. If it's debatable, argue, whatever, do what you want to do. But if you can't be honest, what do you have?"

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s011312,0,3510372.story

Wade is arguably the best closer in the game. Ofcourse he should take over late in the 4th.

Tony_Starks
01-13-2012, 07:01 PM
...On another note, what business does Bosh have in GQ magazine? He dresses like a gay cowboy!

beliges
01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
U MAD? How far did your team go? You would probably pee on your pant to have them in your team.

Exactly. Bosh is just being honest.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s011312,0,3510372.story

Wade is arguably the best closer in the game. Ofcourse he should take over late in the 4th.

Certainly wouldnt call him the best closer in the game since he has never been the best closer in the game at this point of his career, but he is certainly better than Lebron and the fact that he keeps deferring to LBJ in the closing minutes is very disheartening.

Supa
01-13-2012, 07:06 PM
It's true. If Miami could just use James as a triple double guy and stop asking him to do all these hero stuffs, they will be better off.

---

naps
01-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Certainly wouldnt call him the best closer in the game since he has never been the best closer in the game at this point of his career, but he is certainly better than Lebron and the fact that he keeps deferring to LBJ in the closing minutes is very disheartening.

He's been the best closer in the game plenty of times but ofcourse in your eyes Kobe has been more clutch than God himself since he was born.

bucketss
01-13-2012, 07:15 PM
...On another note, what business does Bosh have in GQ magazine? He dresses like a gay cowboy!

lmaooo

beliges
01-13-2012, 07:17 PM
He's been the best closer in the game plenty of times but ofcourse in your eyes Kobe has been more clutch than God himself since he was born.

Kobe has nothing to do with this thread so I dont know why you would even bring him up. The fact of the matter is Wade has never had a season where he was the best closer in the game. By contrast, since you want to bring Kobe into this, Kobe has had countless seasons where hes been the best closer in the game. But the fact remains, Wade should NOT defer to LBJ in crunch time anymore. Ive seen him do that too many times to the detriment of his team. He needs to take the game over late in the 4th.

BULLSFAN0810
01-13-2012, 11:20 PM
This is a good question...on paper down 2 or less id go James over Wade.James size athlet. ball handling skills make him a hard contain;but in the really real world its Wade.

utl768
01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
he said this last yr also

slow news day