PDA

View Full Version : Worst Run Franchise In The League?

RobertHorryFan
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
There are a lot of options (Kings, Warriors, Cavaliers, etc.) but if you had to pick one, which franchise is the worst run and in the worst shape? For me if I had to pick one it would be the Toronto Raptors.

I've been told to not forget the Wizards, Bobcats and Magic.

Cal827
01-12-2012, 06:58 PM
:laugh: Oh Boy. This ain't gonna end well....

:dance:

I'm assuming you are just looking into the franchise's history rather than the location of the team (looking at your comments in the previous thread), but you gotta watch it man. Toronto has a huge fanbase on this site and Shots at the Raptor franchise end up in Canada vs US about 59% of the time in the general forum.

Lloyd Christmas
Why would anybody be a Robert Horry fan?

asandhu23
Warriors were during Chris Cohan era. Lacob era is just starting and well they have made some mistakes like Kwame 7 mil for 9 games.

GrapeSoda
you really didn't list the Magic, Bobcats or Wizards?

RobertHorryFan
01-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Etc. The NBA has so many poorly run franchises I couldn't list them all.

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Warriors were during Chris Cohan era. Lacob era is just starting and well they have made some mistakes like Kwame 7 mil for 9 games.

from what I see in your sig .. he looks pretty pumped about it

asandhu23
01-12-2012, 07:00 PM
from what I see in your sig .. he looks pretty pumped about it

either that or he was straight up drunk.

Nick O
01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
bobcats

GodsSon
01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Right now? The Magic, easily.

Lake_Show2416
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM

it was his b-day, he was just enjoying this night lol

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 07:05 PM

im going with a combination of both :cheers:

CityofTreez
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Being a kings fan. I'll admit we are pretty bad. Our owners are idiots and have limited the amount of talent over the years.

I don't know if I can say we are the worst, but franchises like Indiana, Cleveland, Orlando, and Detroit are pretty bad too. I think Detroit the other night sold tickets on the opposing teams bench. It's not a bad franchise move, but someone in the front office wasn't thinking that hard about that specific idea.

jmeeks42
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
at the moment... got to be my Pistons. You really can't justify anything Dumars has done in free agency over the last few years.

numba1CHANGsta
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM

haha thats like 1 mil for 20 mins of running around :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

RLundi
01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Geez how many threads are you gonna make?

There should be a rule that brand new users have to have a certain number of posts before they start going crazy and making threads like it's going out of style. A weeding-out, probationary period, if you will...

RLundi
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Lol at the Magic being a bad franchise. A GM makes a bad move or two and suddenly a team that has averaged 56 wins the past four years is nominated as the worst franchise.

Unreal.

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 07:32 PM
at one point it was the NYK AND IT Wasn't even close. Now i would probably say WASh for not getting rid of BLATCHE

Bravo95
01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Hawks have the worst coach, worst owner(s), and one of the worst GMs. Trifecta.

todu82
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats.

DR_1
01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Suns and Magic are interchangeable at 1 and 2.

theheatles
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Bobcats FTL

MickeyMgl
01-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Clippers.

Every decade or so, they get talented players for a year or two, but that doesn't change the fact that Donald Sterling is still their owner. So this current group has about a two-year window to contend. Then the players will start to leave, as they always do.

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Lol at the Magic being a bad franchise. A GM makes a bad move or two and suddenly a team that has averaged 56 wins the past four years is nominated as the worst franchise.

Unreal.

Lol at your response .. 1 bad move or 2 are you serious?

When Dwight leaves go take a look at the horrible contracts (Big Baby, J Rich, Hedo, JJ, etc) that they will have for mutiple years .. even IF he does stay, they can't bring in any remotely good players because they are hindered by pitiful contracts ..

MTL_123
Cavaliers----Just for the fact that Dan Gilbert didnt want to give up Hickson for Amare.

latinofire21
bobcats

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Clippers.

Every decade or so, they get talented players for a year or two, but that doesn't change the fact that Donald Sterling is still their owner. So this current group has about a two-year window to contend. Then the players will start to leave, as they always do.

Yea, totally man, any owner who builds a team around Chris Paul and Blake Griffin is a horrible owner :facepalm:

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Cavaliers----Just for the fact that Dan Gilbert didnt want to give up Hickson for Amare.

They made out better anyways, they got Casspi :rolleyes:

cdnsportsfan
01-12-2012, 07:59 PM
I know this might be crazy but I'm gonna do it anyway - I'm gonna ask you why are the Raptors the worst run organization in the NBA? Give points to back up your opinion if you've reached this conclusion.

Dolfan305
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
The Clippers getting Chris Paul doesn't make up for how consistently awful they've been. Since moving to Los Angeles they have 1 playoff series win in 26 years

celmxc
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
.... the clipper curse..... or injuries ... :(

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 08:02 PM
The Clippers getting Chris Paul doesn't make up for how consistently awful they've been. Since moving to Los Angeles they have 1 playoff series win in 26 years

Oh absolutely no need to remind me :mad: .. I was under the assumption that the OP meant recently, pass few years or so

RLundi
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Lol at your response .. 1 bad move or 2 are you serious?

When Dwight leaves go take a look at the horrible contracts (Big Baby, J Rich, Hedo, JJ, etc) that they will have for mutiple years .. even IF he does stay, they can't bring in any remotely good players because they are hindered by pitiful contracts ..

Those contracts are all debatable. I don't consider either of them bad besides Hedo. I'm not crazy about the length of Baby's and Richardson's contracts but the per-year average is very competitive. And remember, the Magic didn't give Hedo or JJ those 'horrible' contracts you speak of.

And don't be such a naive simpleton -- Dwight was gone either way because he wants a big market. Our front office shouldn't be penalized for that.

celmxc
01-12-2012, 08:05 PM
right now... its the Wizzards... especially if Wall leaves in the future... that would really suck for them

llemon
01-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Etc. The NBA has so many poorly run franchises I couldn't list them all.

But they deserve to make a profit, as all poorly run businesses do, right?

smith&wesson
01-12-2012, 08:06 PM
the team mj ruins, i mean the team mj runs.

Jint.
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Bobcats

Lakers + Giants
01-12-2012, 08:10 PM
If it's history wise it has to be the clippers, they always manage to **** things up.

If it's recently then i'd have to go with bobcats cuz MJ is a ****in horrible owner.

Daye&Knight
01-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Detroit

Lake_Show2416
01-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Clippers

theheatles
01-12-2012, 08:17 PM
i understand why the clippers are being mentioned but the clippers are 1 of the most lucrative franchises so you have to factor that in as well as play on the court

llemon
01-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I have two statements to make.

1) That no one has even mentioned the Nets incredibly horrible NBA history has me doubting ALL of my fellow posters NBA knowledge, and the fact that their horrible history has been ignored tells me that my fellow posters don't even recognize the Nets FO ineptitude tells me that the Nets are beneath NBA posters recognizition that clearly shows the Nets are absolutely the Gods Of NBA Incompetency, Management-wise, ESPECIALLY since Ratner was allowed by the NBA Gods (profiteers) to purchase the Nets.

2) Robert Horry is personally responsible for at least 4 NBA Titles. When the bullet hits the bone.

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Those contracts are all debatable. I don't consider either of them bad besides Hedo. I'm not crazy about the length of Baby's and Richardson's contracts but the per-year average is very competitive. And remember, the Magic didn't give Hedo or JJ those 'horrible' contracts you speak of.

And don't be such a naive simpleton -- Dwight was gone either way because he wants a big market. Our front office shouldn't be penalized for that.

Big Baby and Richardson's contracts are not debatable in my opinion, and i know the Magic didn't "give" them the contracts but they did indeed take them on .. either way your still at fault not sure why you tried to point that out? Naive simpleton? I blame your front office for not surrounding your superstar with any talent whatsoever .. you take Dwight off that team and they are a bottom 5 team .. your front office should absolutely be penalized for their poor decisions throughout the past years. Magic are absolutely screwed in rebuilding since those contracts are not only expensive but lengthy. Very poor front office in my opinion, maybe the homer in you just doesn't see it .. I am a clippers fan and have arguably the worst owner in the NBA i feel your pain

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM
ive been watching for 25 years.

i think ive seen the clippers and warriors in the playoffs twice in both cases.

Sorry but stern playing Vito Corleone is not gonna make them a good carried franchise overnight.

And warriors, well they ahve allowed don nelson to **** them up twice , what can i say.

NYYCowboys
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Knicks. They have all the money in the world to spend, can go into the luxury tax whenever they want and still suck

mark1125
01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
at the moment... got to be my Pistons. You really can't justify anything Dumars has done in free agency over the last few years.

But he also made the Pistons one of the more succesful franchises of the last decade. He just waited too long to pull the plug.

They are down now, but there are MANY teams run worse than the Pistons.

KnicksR4Real
01-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Knicks during Isiah days

SteveNash
01-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Got to be the Knicks. Watching them right now, and they're just trash. A putrid team to watch all around with no future possibilities at all.

jmeeks42
01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
But he also made the Pistons one of the more succesful franchises of the last decade. He just waited too long to pull the plug.

They are down now, but there are MANY teams run worse than the Pistons.

I agree with this partially. I wasn't really referring to the Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace x 2 teams. I don't really believe Dumars waited to long to pull the plug on that squad either. He just did a terrible job spending the money we received from blowing that team up. You could even justify trading Billups for Iverson if the money was spent wisely, but it wasn't. Dumars wasted $70 on two players who are useless in our system (Gordon, Charlie).

On top of throwing away tons of cash, we're averaging less than 10,000 fans per game since our opener. I think the MSU women's bball team has similar attendance numbers at the moment.

We've just come off a streak of losing 4 straight by 20 or more points (would have been 5, but we made a small run against the Dallas scrubs to get it below 20).

Like I said, I'm not referring to us being the worst run franchise of all time, but the money we're wasting on players, our inability to compete, and our lack of attendance has to put us right up there over the last 3-4 years.

OC Knights #11
01-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Milwaukee Bucks

MickeyMgl
01-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Yea, totally man, any owner who builds a team around Chris Paul and Blake Griffin is a horrible owner :facepalm:

Oh to be young and ignorant. Read the post.

Raph12
01-13-2012, 06:39 AM
There are a lot of options (Kings, Warriors, Cavaliers, etc.) but if you had to pick one, which franchise is the worst run and in the worst shape? For me if I had to pick one it would be the Toronto Raptors.

I've been told to not forget the Wizards, Bobcats and Magic.

Right now? The Magic, easily.

So making the Finals and ECFs in two of the last three seasons, while winning atleast 52 games in each of the last 4 seasons qualifies as poorly run? Keep in mind Shaq left a team that had made the ECFs the year prior and the NBA Finals the year before that... This franchise isn't near the "Worst Run" by any means, not even close to the "Worst Run"; have they made some poor personnel decisions? Sure, who hasn't.

If you put the Magic up there with the Bobcats, Wizards, Kings, Warriors, Clipps and Cavs; you're just plain ignorant.

Yunqn
01-13-2012, 06:53 AM
how can anyone say the magic? being a bad franchise is only because you dont want to make any moves and never made one..
the magic atleast try to make deals..

its easily the cavs, bobcats & hawks.. its not even close.. i can make a arguement for nearly every team in the league besides these three..

the bobcats are a joke.. how can you be under the cap and still try to clear cap space?

the cavs had lebron for 7 years and never made one move that we all felt couldve put them over the top.. not one..

& the hawks.. how can you be content with a 2nd round exit EVERY single year.. and to sign joe johnson to THAT much only because you didnt want to lose fans because you were finally atleast a playoff team is a joke.. you couldve spent that on amare and still had money and then trade one of your bigs.. you would think that atlanta would be a powerhouse because of the location,market and how ALOT of rich people love to be there but nope.. just settle for being medoicre.. its like every year when fans players and humans beins look at there team and maybe feel confident in there club ...but nope not atlanta , they just say ***** it.. lets sell some of these tickets..

Yunqn
01-13-2012, 07:03 AM
So making the Finals and ECFs in two of the last three seasons, while winning atleast 52 games in each of the last 4 seasons qualifies as poorly run? Keep in mind Shaq left a team that had made the ECFs the year prior and the NBA Finals the year before that... This franchise isn't near the "Worst Run" by any means, not even close to the "Worst Run"; have they made some poor personnel decisions? Sure, who hasn't.

If you put the Magic up there with the Bobcats, Wizards, Kings, Warriors, Clipps and Cavs; you're just plain ignorant.

AGREED.. people dont know the difference between a bad organization and a good one..

orlando tries,washington tries,kings try

cavs?never ..hawks & bobcats ? never.. clippers had phases were they were rebuilding with youth and injuries bad coaching and lack of development happen..but they atleast created that situation.. the bobcats blew up the only team that got them to the playoffs and that team was loaded if you look at it now..

felton augustin jackson raja wallace henderson tyrus chandler with larry brown coaching.. had they kept them,pushed the ball more and got a all star 4..they would be among a top team now.. this team was probably 2-3 yrs ago.

abe_froman
01-13-2012, 07:08 AM
warriors*

this might change under the new regime

dont understand the magic(think too many of you are listening to a disgruntled howard instead of looking at the situation)

NSJ
01-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Surprised New Orleans hasn't been mentioned. Figured that team would make moves after relocating and they haven't really done **** except get rid of chris paul.

phoenix_bladen
01-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm from toronto and I'd have to say the raptors at pretty poorly run....

They are owned by the Ontario teachers pension...!!! Isn't that odd? A bunch of teachers that don't give a crap about basketball just wants to milk it's cash cow

The raptors also very rarely go over the cap to try to compete .....

Bosh and carter left because of GM and managements incompentent moves

Signing hedo. Getting a washed up jermaine oneal

And most importantly not trading Chris bosh when we had a chance to get assets back after the oneal failure

And also trying to build around bosh for 4 years when he isn't even a franchise player!!!

The raptors also try to go big on free agency and bragging about how much cap space they have this coming summer when nobody even ever wants to sign with them

The best way for this franchise to rebuild is through the draft and tank but the problem is they rarely ever stockpile picks like what Portland, okc, or even minny did during their rebuilding years.... instead during the bosh era they actually traded picks away in 07 and 08!!!!!!!

time4change
01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I'oe scrolled through the first 2 pages of this thread and to my suprise no Milwaukee Bucks?!!

All they've ever made is terrible decisions:

Trading Kareem

Trading Dirk

Trading Ray Allen

Keeping instead George Karl

Signing Michael Redd to a MAXX contract

Signing John Salmons to like a 4 yr 30 mill contract

Signing Drew ****ing Gooden to a similar deal

And thats off the top of my head at 7:30 in the morning.

I could go on but really...do I need to?

RLundi
01-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Big Baby and Richardson's contracts are not debatable in my opinion, and i know the Magic didn't "give" them the contracts but they did indeed take them on .. either way your still at fault not sure why you tried to point that out? Naive simpleton? I blame your front office for not surrounding your superstar with any talent whatsoever .. you take Dwight off that team and they are a bottom 5 team .. your front office should absolutely be penalized for their poor decisions throughout the past years. Magic are absolutely screwed in rebuilding since those contracts are not only expensive but lengthy. Very poor front office in my opinion, maybe the homer in you just doesn't see it .. I am a clippers fan and have arguably the worst owner in the NBA i feel your pain

So let me get this straight: because you don't agree with the moves that the Magic have made, they are one of the worst franchises in the NBA? And averaging nearly 56 wins the last 4 years is truly an indication of that. :rolleyes:

Do you understand basic mathematics? Honest question. Because it seems you fail to realize those 'bad contracts' are only at about $6M each for 4 years. Should those players have been signed to 1-year contracts? Or better yet, how about 3-and-a-half weeks?

I have no problem admitting faults of my team. Just because I don't agree with an unmistakenly daft individual such as yourself does not make me a homer. Yes, Orlando has some less than desirable contracts and will undoubtedly lose Dwight, but that was essentially a given, and you're deluding yourself if you try to reason otherwise.

Celticsfan2007
01-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Bobcats are hands down the worst run franchise in the NBA.

MJ is a plague to a front office.

chitown815
01-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Bobcats, Pistons, bucks, wizards

Rockice_8
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM
The Scott Layden/Isiah era's were just brutal for Knicks fans. Of coarse the Clips have to be mentioned but they seem to be finally on the right track. Those are the first two that come to my mind.

I have a feeling Jordan is going to be mentioned in the future, sorry Cats fans.

thekmp211
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
bobcats and wizards for me.

BKLYNpigeon
01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
you're a poor franchise unless you get lucky and draft Lebron.

Geargo Wallace
01-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Bobcats

Chi StateOfMind
01-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Bobcats or Wizards.

mjt20mik
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm from toronto and I'd have to say the raptors at pretty poorly run....

They are owned by the Ontario teachers pension...!!! Isn't that odd? A bunch of teachers that don't give a crap about basketball just wants to milk it's cash cow

The raptors also very rarely go over the cap to try to compete .....

Bosh and carter left because of GM and managements incompentent moves

Signing hedo. Getting a washed up jermaine oneal

And most importantly not trading Chris bosh when we had a chance to get assets back after the oneal failure

And also trying to build around bosh for 4 years when he isn't even a franchise player!!!

The raptors also try to go big on free agency and bragging about how much cap space they have this coming summer when nobody even ever wants to sign with them

The best way for this franchise to rebuild is through the draft and tank but the problem is they rarely ever stockpile picks like what Portland, okc, or even minny did during their rebuilding years.... instead during the bosh era they actually traded picks away in 07 and 08!!!!!!!

Rogers and Bell own MLSE now.

I agree that the front office did make some mistakes. However, they tried building around Bosh which is what screwed us over in the first place.

Also, I don't think the Raptors are that bad. On a bad night, we are averaging about 15000 per game, which is way more than most of the other ****** teams.

GunFactor187
01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Hate to admit it but, my Pistons are the worst, lack of a true direction, bad contracts (see Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva), etc.

Saltinuts40
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM

It ain't the Clippers no more, so unfortunately it is my Warriors.

Look at recent history.

David Lee sign and trade (Good Player, Good Stats, All-Star contract)

Andris Biedrins ($27 million left) and Monta Ellis ($33 million left) are also big contracts.

Look at every playoff team's biggest contracts, and I bet they are a better threesome than Ellis, Lee and Biedrins.

We drafted Ekpe Udoh over Greg Monroe

We drafted Klay Thompson over Kawhi Leonard

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has referenced Bruce Bowen while discussing Kawhi Leonard’s defensive versatility on the occasion of his performance in the first starting assignment of his career. Leonard’s second start is expected tonight against the Blazers.

“It’s huge for us to have a guy on this team that can do similar things to what Bruce did in the past,” Popovich said after the forward’s defensive opus in crunch time Wednesday.

Popovich isn’t ready to declare Leonard his new Bowen, but it is clear he believes he has the potential to make a similar defensive impact.

“This young man’s got a lot to learn,” Popovich said. “But as I’ve said a lot of times, he’s very willing, he’s very versatile and I think he’s got the ability to be one heck of a player, and he wants to be. We’re very excited about him.”

wizardsfan3
01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
What is going on with the Bobcats? They have a lot of talent in Kemba Walker, but he barely gets any playing time, so he can't show what he's got. He should be a starter in my opinion.

But anyways, the worst franchise is the WIZARDS! Everyone is trying to blame it on Flip, and I feel bad for him. They have too many chucks on the team (Blatche, Young, Crawford, Lewis). None of them play their roles, whenever they get in the game, they just shoot, shoot, shoot. Blatche is the first one that needs to go. Then Lewis because he already quit on the team, I don't know why Flip still plays him. Every off season they don't make any types of moves; never try to bring in any big FA's. How are you supposed to improve if you are keeping the same bum team around every single year then bring players up from D-League?! They need to bring in some pieces to help Wall and McGee out. Ernie Grunfield has to go! I guarantee if they don't make any moves this off season, Wall is going to walk right when his contracts up and McGee is going to follow right behind him.

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
bobcats are awful

Tony_Starks
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Detroit Pistons followed by Torronto Raptors. Neither team has yet to grasp the concept of "rebuild."