PDA

View Full Version : Wilbon: Rubio is better than Wall, right now.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Not only is Rubio better than I could project, he's better right now than John Wall, the No. 1 pick of the very next draft. Wall can't shoot as well, can't run a team as well and has virtually no chance of passing the ball as well. Wow, talk about misery loving company.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-120112/ricky-rubio-success-minnesota-timberwolves-no-surprise

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 05:34 PM
merge with the other rubio thread?

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
merge with the other rubio thread?

nah, i added a poll.
this is between rubio and wall, not this year's rookie class.

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Rubio

Wall is overrated

Heediot
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Wall's ceiling is a lot higher. I'd take Wall, even though he is struggling with his shot so far. He will get better and become a great player, people need to be patient. Don't get me wrong I like Rubio but if you polled all the NBA GM's i can guarantee over 3/4 would take Wall.

nycericanguy
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Of course he's better than Wall right now, but thats not exactly saying much.

D1JM
01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
john lucas the turd is better than wall right now.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Wall is struggling big time right now, but still has a ton of talent. I refuse to vote for either until I see a lot more than 10 games of Rubio.

But yes, Rubio is playing a TON better than Wall at the moment.

Avenged
01-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I agree.

Rubio is better.

haggis
01-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Rubio. Because I love "classic" and "traditional" PGs.

(Am I doing this right Crooner?)

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Rubio is beter than Wall right now, thats pretty clear .. it has only been 10 games or so but if i HAD to choose right now I would go Rubio, I do not like the regression I have seen this year in Wall's game

Supreme LA
01-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Wall's ceiling is a lot higher. I'd take Wall, even though he is struggling with his shot so far. He will get better and become a great player, people need to be patient. Don't get me wrong I like Rubio but if you polled all the NBA GM's i can guarantee over 3/4 would take Wall.

Why is his ceiling higher?? Because he can run faster and jump higher??

I actually believe Rubio's ceiling is higher as a true PG. He has all the ppotential to be the next Nash in the sense that he has already has the ball handling, intangibles, and IQ on how to run a team. With experience, he'll grow to take less chances on so many risky passes but the kid is light years ahead of Wall at passing and running a team. He also did a pretty decent job guarding Rose as well.

Rubio is better and I truly believe he always will be.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
of course he is

thekmp211
01-12-2012, 06:09 PM
i still have faith in wall. he showed too much promise last year. but the wizards are a disaster.

Burkey3472
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Rubio is clearly playing better than Wall......it shouldn't even be a debate right now.

Supreme LA
Anybody who votes Wall hasn't taken the time to sit down and watch Rubio play.

Hellcrooner
its too early to tell.

And they are completely differnet type of Pgs.

Wall has to go the Thomas/paul direction

Rubio has to go the Kidd /Cousy direction

Appel and orange , both fruits but different to compare.

thekmp211
01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
its too early to tell.

And they are completely differnet type of Pgs.

Wall has to go the Thomas/paul direction

Rubio has to go the Kidd /Cousy direction

Appel and orange , both fruits but different to compare.

i don't agree with this though. dude almost averaged 9 apg last year with more or less the same group of scrubs he's playing with right now. he's a legit passer. i just think the whole organization is rotten and it's bringing out the worst in everyone. hopefully the wiz will rethink firing saunders.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
i don't agree with this though. dude almost averaged 9 apg last year with more or less the same group of scrubs he's playing with right now. he's a legit passer. i just think the whole organization is rotten and it's bringing out the worst in everyone. hopefully the wiz will rethink firing saunders.

Thomas and Paul knew/know how to pass too, but they take a scoring approach to the game.

justinnum1
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
rubio easily

thekmp211
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Thomas and Paul knew/know how to pass too, but they take a scoring approach to the game.

sorry misread your post. i agree w/ it. thought you meant he should be strictly score-first.

naps
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
If I am looking for a franchise cornerstone I am taking Wall over Rubio without wasting a second. But I agree Rubio is the better player right now.

ManRam
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
He may or may not be right (he's not)...

But there's not one on-air NBA analyst whose opinion I value less than Michael Wilbon.

John Walls Era
01-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Someone make Michael Wibon a GM. The man is a genius.

I MAD... :rolleyes:

Bullsfan22
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
To start a franchise I'd pick wall over rubio 10 out of 10 times. But right now rubio looks like the better player.

Vincent
01-12-2012, 06:26 PM
He may or may not be right (he's not)...

But there's not one on-air NBA analyst whose opinion I value less than Michael Wilbon.

Are you kidding me?

Skip Bayless
Steven A Smith
Chris Broussard
Dan LeBatard
Colin Cowherd
Ric Bucher

all of them are absolutely awful.

John Walls Era
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Are you kidding me?

Skip Bayless
Steven A Smith
Chris Broussard
Dan LeBatard
Colin Cowherd
Ric Bucher

Skip Bayless has been right time and time again. Also he exaggerates because it gets the show ratings.

VillaMaravilla
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Rubio is a beast and being half Spanish im proud to see one of my own along with other Spaniards in the NBA succeed

ManRam
01-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Are you kidding me?

Skip Bayless
Steven A Smith
Chris Broussard
Dan LeBatard
Colin Cowherd
Ric Bucher

They're all annoying, but at least they have the ability to be intelligent and provide some sort of insight. Wilbon is a good on-air personality, but his NBA knowledge is just not good at all.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
For this season, Rubio is doing better.

But Wall is more talented.

BigBongTheory
01-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Wall has been ridiculously awful this year, he can't shoot, he's shooting 34% and then he's shooting 70% from the free throw line, no point guard should be shooting that awful from the line either. That said, doesn't mean wall will continually play this way forever, Rubio is just the better overall pg right now, he gets his teammates in the right places, and he doesn't throw it up 35 times a game like these chucking guards. He knows when to take the shot, and when not to. Like the other top point guards do. (Paul, Nash, etc.)

Bruno
01-12-2012, 07:53 PM
I agree with Wilbon. rubios got a higher iq, despite walls athleticism.

theheatles
01-12-2012, 08:05 PM
i agree rubio is better than wall right now but it annoys me that wilbon says it and gets credit, wilbon shouldn't be apart of the nba countdown, he is either a crazy bulls homer or just spits out recycled rubbish...the only sport wilbon even played competitively in his life was ****ing tennis

Mr. Beer
01-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Rubio might be scary one of these days.. I was extremely impressed with how he played against the Bulls.

The_Jamal
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Sample Size would like to say hello.

But Rubio is clearly the superior PG atm.

NYKalltheway
01-12-2012, 08:45 PM
For this season, Rubio is doing better.

But Wall is more talented.

Can you define TALENT please? We're talking about the game of basketball, not athletics ;)

MTar786
01-12-2012, 08:51 PM
i take rubio without any hesitation

Iodine
01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I hate Wilbon so much.

SO MUCH ANGER.

Of course since the average sports fan memory is around five weeks sure Rubio!!!, even though tomorrow he could get his leg cut off and retire and Wall could get genetic mutation and get like 4 extra arms and never miss

Dankster
01-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Well Rubio has been playing professionally for 6 or 7 years so he's going to look much better than a 2nd year guy who only played one year of college ball. Rubio does have excellent court vision and I really can't tell what his ceiling will be, but it's definitely not as high as Wall's ceiling.

Aside from the Center position, the PG position is hardest to master on the professional level. It sucks because wall might need 2 or 3 more years to really get it down pat, but I'm quite confident that he'll be the better player in a few years IF he continues to work on his shot (most glaring weakness) and passing selection.

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Well Rubio has been playing professionally for 6 or 7 years so he's going to look much better than a 2nd year guy who only played one year of college ball. Rubio does have excellent court vision and I really can't tell what his ceiling will be, but it's definitely not as high as Wall's ceiling.

Aside from the Center position, the PG position is hardest to master on the professional level. It sucks because wall might need 2 or 3 more years to really get it down pat, but I'm quite confident that he'll be the better player in a few years IF he continues to work on his shot (most glaring weakness) and passing selection.

Keep in mind that the NBA style of basketball is significantly different than the style of Euro ball

gaughan333
01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
I would say rubio is more talented than wall, but wall is physically superior to Rubio. I watched wall play the other night and he looked miserable, it very well could have just been the short off-season. I will with hold judgement

magichatnumber9
01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm not a fan of Spaniards. Like Crooner JK

xxcubs22xx
01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Honestly perhaps Wall is fatigued. He played a lot of summer ball during the lock out I know that for sure. Who knows.

Right now I would take Rubio over Wall for sure. For the long run, I am not sure. I use to be Wall-no-brainer on this issue, but it appears as if Rubio may be knocking at the door.

Sox72
01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
My biggest annoyance with this site is how quick posters are to judge based on small sample sizes. However, I'm still going to have to go with Rubio. Not so much because of how well he's playing (and he IS extremely impressive) but more so because I don't really see a ton in Wall.

I'm not sure I see all this potential that everyone else sees. Is it because he's quick and has length? That's the only argument I've heard, but how does that equate into potential? There are many players in the NBA that are quick and have length. They don't seem to enjoy the same claim of potential that Wall does. That argument just isn't good enough for me.

Watching Wall play has been very underwhelming, from what I've seen. Watching Rubio (granted, only 3 times) has actually demonstrated potential beyond "quickness and length". I'll go with Rubio.

AI4MVP
01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I would say rubio is more talented than wall, but wall is physically superior to Rubio. I watched wall play the other night and he looked miserable, it very well could have just been the short off-season. I will with hold judgement

Well, good thing this is basketball and not track and field

Sox72
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Can you define TALENT please? We're talking about the game of basketball, not athletics ;)

I think you summed up my post in a much less convoluted way.

More-Than-Most
01-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Cant vote.. Its been like 12 games

kjoke
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
I take Wall. :shrug:

I love rubio, but I think wall just has the capabilities that would make him unguardable. He just needs to get the right coaching staff and players.

SteveNash
01-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Rubio isn't even the best PG on his team.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Rubio isn't even the best PG on his team.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 month ( impresive record, im amazed), i was wondering when you would come out to say some racist/xenophobic stupidity!!!!!!!!!!

In your previsions he would be a complete bust.

how is your forecast faring?

Happy new Xenophobe year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveNash
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 month, i was wondering when you would come out to say some racist/xenophobic stupidity!!!!!!!!!!

I'm racist/xenophobic if I think Barea is better than Rubio? That doesn't make much sense.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm racist/xenophobic if I think Barea is better than Rubio? That doesn't make much sense.

Ha ha ha, you never dissapoint man.

Keep eating crow with rubio, is only gonna get worse to you.

mavwar53
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Rubio easily, I accidentally selected Wall though I thought the question asked who I thought would be better when they were drafted, I had no faith in Rubio and he's proved me wrong.

Bulls_fan90
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Rubio won't even win rookie of the year. Irving>Rubio.

Sportfan
01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Give me Wall all day every day

gaughan333
01-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Well, good thing this is basketball and not track and field

which is kind of the point I was trying to make...

LA_Raiders
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Rubio is a true PG, Wall needs to mature as a player...

Sox72
01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 month ( impresive record, im amazed), i was wondering when you would come out to say some racist/xenophobic stupidity!!!!!!!!!!

This makes no sense.

VikesTwinsWolve
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Rubio > Wall

Gram
01-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Rubio

Wall is overrated

So is Iman Shumpert.

Gram
01-12-2012, 11:59 PM
People are forgetting the talent that surrounds Rubio. If Wall was in Minny, he'd be doing just as well. If the only real talent Rubio had was two chucking SGs and an overated big in Javale McGee he wouldn't be as good as people are claiming. In my opinion, at least.

mngopher35
01-13-2012, 12:24 AM
nick young is better than wes, beasley, or ellington imo. Our wings are horrible and the athletic big rubio has is anthony randolph. Williams and love are definitely nice to have as teammates but overall I don't think the talent difference is as big as you make it out to be. Its not like the wolves are close to a playoff team without rubio (probably not with him this year either).

Hellcrooner
01-13-2012, 12:27 AM
This makes no sense.

check other threads for that porter opinions on europeans, and more specifically on spaniards.

XpLiCiTT
01-13-2012, 12:30 AM
I might fall to overrate Wall, I'll admit it..but I will still choose Wall over Rubio. They are different players, and I think with a little better of a supporting cast Wall would be extremely better.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 01:33 AM
People are forgetting the talent that surrounds Rubio. If Wall was in Minny, he'd be doing just as well. If the only real talent Rubio had was two chucking SGs and an overated big in Javale McGee he wouldn't be as good as people are claiming. In my opinion, at least.

Outside of Love, what talent? Rubio gives players the easiest opportunities they can possibly get. The Wolves have Love, Rubio, and .....

The_Jamal
01-13-2012, 01:34 AM
People somehow forgot the Wolves aren't a good team amist the Rubio madness. They certainly have a nice future core, but they aren't a playoff team

rockbottom2010
01-13-2012, 07:20 AM
wall will play the same style as rose and westbrook down the road.....rubio is more of a team player....look at the assists hes distributing!

WSU Tony
01-13-2012, 01:26 PM
People somehow forgot the Wolves aren't a good team amist the Rubio madness. They certainly have a nice future core, but they aren't a playoff team

The Wolves have played the Heat, Thunder, Mavs, Spurs, Bulls, and Griz. Do you expect any team in the NBA to win a majority of those games?

According to advanced stats we are playing well enough to deserve a .500 record.

tredigs
01-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Ha ha ha, you never dissapoint man.

Keep eating crow with rubio, is only gonna get worse to you.

Crooner, you were right on Rubio, and you can take solace in that.

However, the fact that you think anybody who disagreed with him being able to come straight in and make significant noise is a "RACIST/XENOPHOBE" is both psychotic and hilarious (to the rest of the posters on PSD). People who simply did not see him play enough and don't know enough about the European game would look at his porous numbers that he posted in Europe and (fairly, but possibly wrongly) made the conclusion that he has a lot of growing up to do and could not hack it in the NBA right now.

But seriously guy, you need to calm down with your obsession of Rubio/PSD posters in these incessant paranoid induced drivel that you spout out any chance you get. It is pathetic.

In other news, I took Rubio. Mostly because those two were the cornerstones of a fantasy trade I made for Tricky Ricky.

RLundi
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
check other threads for that porter opinions on europeans, and more specifically on spaniards.

You're paranoia borders along the insanity. Your constantly calling others xenophobes demonstrates your extreme sensitivity to anyone who criticizes a non-American athlete. We get it, you actively support Europeans. Just stop acting like an Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson and dreaming up and concocting phantom and perceived instances of disrespect towards Euros. You seem marginally racist and infinitely annoying.

THE_G.O.A.T.
01-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Its tough to compare Rubio has Kevin Love and John Wall has garbage.

WSU Tony
01-13-2012, 02:12 PM

Is the hoop bigger in Minnesota? If so, Walls TS% of .41 would improve...

Do you realize the 3rd best player on this team is Luke Ridnour? Or the unrefined Derrick Williams?

You also realize the Wolves have 3 starters who are in the bottom 25 players IN THE LEAGUE?!?!

Why do people constantly throw out opinions despite not having enough info to support them? You guys just open yourselves up for embarasement. No need to respond back, not that you have anything to say at this point.

:)

WSU Tony
01-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Its tough to compare Rubio has Kevin Love and John Wall has garbage.

Rubio also has 3 of the bottom 25 NBA players to work with... They MORE than even themselves out if not tilt away against Rubio.

Raph12
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Wall has Young, Shard, Blatche and McGee to dish to; Rubio has WesJohnson, DerrickWilliams, Beasley and Love... Let's not get carried away here.

I think Wall is just going through the motions, he doesn't seem to be trying IMO.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Wall has Young, Shard, Blatche and McGee to dish to; Rubio has WesJohnson, DerrickWilliams, Beasley and Love... Let's not get carried away here.

I think Wall is just going through the motions, he doesn't seem to be trying IMO.

have you watched these 2 this season? Omfg they are terrible.

Raph12
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
have you watched these 2 this season? Omfg they are terrible.

Not really, but I know Beasley loves to shoot, so Rubio should help; and a good PG should make Wes look a lot better, shouldn't it?... Anyways, I just don't think people should dismiss Wall automatically because he's playing like crap this season; he had a very good rookie campaign and I think when motivated, he could be elite.

Sinestro
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
The Wolves have played the Heat, Thunder, Mavs, Spurs, Bulls, and Griz. Do you expect any team in the NBA to win a majority of those games?

According to advanced stats we are playing well enough to deserve a .500 record.

Ouch, heavy schedule I remember when the Bulls started the season last year they were like 9-8 or something like that cuz they had a tough, on the road schedule so hoping your record improves!

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Not really, but I know Beasley loves to shoot, so Rubio should help; and a good PG should make Wes look a lot better, shouldn't it?... Anyways, I just don't think people should dismiss Wall automatically because he's playing like crap this season; he had a very good rookie campaign and I think when motivated, he could be elite.

statistically speaking, Beasley is the worst starter in the NBA efficiency wise, and Wes is 6th. Beasley has been killing the ball movement and missing all his shots, and Wes doesn't even belong in the NBA with his current level of play.

I do think its funny that some are using roster support in the argument. Um, the Wolves have one great player, and like 12 role players to go with Rubio.

Imagine what Rubio would do with McGee. Alley-oops all night dude.

And again, I stated back on the first page, I am not picking right now, because Wall is better than this, and we only have a 10 game sample size for Rubio.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Ouch, heavy schedule I remember when the Bulls started the season last year they were like 9-8 or something like that cuz they had a tough, on the road schedule so hoping your record improves!

plus a new coach, 2 rookies, Barea as a FA (he has been hurt the majority of the time anyways). But whatever, no excuses for losing. The Wolves will start winning some games soon enough.

mngopher35
01-13-2012, 02:42 PM

Beasley like to catch the ball, wait 5 seconds, jab step and shoot. He is a black hole on offense but maybe adelman can change that a little. Wes is just horrible, misses open jumpers and never drives to the hoop. nick young and lewis are better wings than those two. Rubio does have a better supporting cast overall but it isnt by that much.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I did find this interesting. With Rubio on the floor, the Wolves give up 97 points per 100 possessions. With Rubio off the floor, the Wolves give up 109 points per 100 possessions.

Raph12
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
statistically speaking, Beasley is the worst starter in the NBA efficiency wise, and Wes is 6th. Beasley has been killing the ball movement and missing all his shots, and Wes doesn't even belong in the NBA with his current level of play.

I do think its funny that some are using roster support in the argument. Um, the Wolves have one great player, and like 12 role players to go with Rubio.

Imagine what Rubio would do with McGee. Alley-oops all night dude.

And again, I stated back on the first page, I am not picking right now, because Wall is better than this, and we only have a 10 game sample size for Rubio.

Damn didn't know those guys sucked that badly lol.

It's still early for people to dismiss Wall, that's all I'm saying.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Damn didn't know those guys sucked that badly lol.

It's still early for people to dismiss Wall, that's all I'm saying.

no doubt man. I think he may have played a little too much pick up ball this summer with the wrong people haha. Picked up some bad habits. He also just looks out of sync.

Heediot
01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Wow I would put big money on Wall having the better career when all is said and done. PSD seems be too reactionary and short-sighted. Some gifted athletes take longer to develop and there are numerous examples of this in every sport.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Wow I would put big money on Wall having the better career when all is said and done. PSD seems be too reactionary and short-sighted. Some gifted athletes take longer to develop and there are numerous examples of this in every sport.

there are also numerous examples of gifted athletes never living up to their potential.

Rose had a very Wallish game his rookie year as well, but he worked on some things in a serious manner, and came back better. The Wiz are a total mess, which doesn't help. But Wall's start has got to be concerning for Wiz fans. Rubio meanwhile, has been very, very strong out of the gate, even though we don't know what his upside is yet.

Heediot
01-13-2012, 05:11 PM
there are also numerous examples of gifted athletes never living up to their potential.

Rose had a very Wallish game his rookie year as well, but he worked on some things in a serious manner, and came back better. The Wiz are a total mess, which doesn't help. But Wall's start has got to be concerning for Wiz fans. Rubio meanwhile, has been very, very strong out of the gate, even though we don't know what his upside is yet.

In Basketball it is usually the big men PF's-C's drafted top 2-3 that don't pan out if anyone busts. Guards that go top 2-3 almost pan out all the time. He needs some coaching on fundamentals and shooting, discipline, and someone to light a fire under his ***. Hopefully one of these days he'll realize that getting by on athleticism isn't going to cut it if he wants to be great and not just good. I have faith in him. Let's be honest over 3/4 of Gm's in the league at min would draft him over Rubio right now. This is not an anti-Rubio post it's rather a pro-Wall post.

Hawkeye15
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM
In Basketball it is usually the big men PF's-C's drafted top 2-3 that don't pan out if anyone busts. Guards that go top 2-3 almost pan out all the time. He needs some coaching on fundamentals and shooting, discipline, and someone to light a fire under his ***. Hopefully one of these days he'll realize that getting by on athleticism isn't going to cut it if he wants to be great and not just good. I have faith in him. Let's be honest over 3/4 of Gm's in the league at min would draft him over Rubio right now. This is not an anti-Rubio post it's rather a pro-Wall post.

oh I am not taking your stance anti-Rubio bro, no worries. And yes, I agree we all don't need to jump all over a 2nd year player on the worst team in the NBA talent wise, who showed a ton of potential last year and is a freak athlete. Which is why I refuse to predict who will be better longterm, but can easily say RIGHT NOW, Rubio is better.

baer35
01-13-2012, 05:55 PM
A player of John Walls skill should be averaging at least 17 and 8 assist especially playing for the worst team in the league, but he has played just as bad as the rest of the wizards. It looks like he care more about the highlight than his team winning.

Heediot
01-13-2012, 06:11 PM
oh I am not taking your stance anti-Rubio bro, no worries. And yes, I agree we all don't need to jump all over a 2nd year player on the worst team in the NBA talent wise, who showed a ton of potential last year and is a freak athlete. Which is why I refuse to predict who will be better longterm, but can easily say RIGHT NOW, Rubio is better.

Cool. I can agree that Rubio is more polished as of now, but me personally I'd take the chance on Wall given the question/poll of the OP.

CeeDub15
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
lol, did you just throw out Wes Johnson's name bro? Go look at his stats, and you should go watch some of our games. There is a reason why when he comes out in the 1st quarter he doesnt come back in until the start of the 3rd quarter (although he didn't last game). Beasley has improved a bit, im going to admit that, but he still has a way to go, and needs to learn to pass more and not take stupid shots.

Ebbs
01-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow who said Wall was overrated :shrug: . . .

Jennings and Rubio are better.

Although I still think Wall has a very high ceiling.

MrThrowBack23
01-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Who do you think is a better player right now? Who do you think has better potential? Do you think if Rubio declared for the draft a year later he would have went ahead of John Wall?

Bradley39
01-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Both are terribly overrated. I'd rather have Wall though.

Raph12
01-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Wall has a higher ceiling, Rubio is playing better in the first 10 games or so though...

XpLiCiTT
01-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Wall has a higher ceiling, Rubio is playing better in the first 10 games or so though...

I agree with this.

wrong section by the way

Phenomenonsense
01-15-2012, 02:56 AM
I hate this "higher ceiling" ****. You know who has a higher ceiling: The one who knows how to play the game. Wall can have all of the "ceiling" he wants but that doesn't matter except on draft night. Who is better? Rubio.