PDA

View Full Version : Going forward, how does Charlotte survive in the NBA?

310Casper
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
http://deadspin.com/5793605/fewer-people-watch-the-bobcats-on-tv-than-actually-go-to-games

The Charlotte Bobcats have less than 12,000 tv viewers per game. That means they have MORE people in their stands at games than tv viewers. Is this team surviving solely on nba related combined income from other teams? At what point is keeping a team like this in the nba even worth it anymore?

nyKnicks126
01-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Charlotte is a football City. They pack the Bank of America stadium pretty much like all football teams do.

I remember when they (hornets) played at the Charlotte Coliseum they had good attendence and were a MUCH better team then.

nyKnicks126
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
It's a shame, Charlotte is a nice City. I've visited UNCC a lot.

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Obviously they will survive they have a true warrior in BISMACK BIYOMBO ..

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Charlotte need to get a Durant in the draft

DerekRE_3
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Bismack baby. Their TV announcers need to scream YOU JUST GOT BISMACKED *****!!! every time he gets a block. That will get them more viewers.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
green jerseys, white stripe with yellow trim and tons or nirvana, alice in chain and peral jam.

Get me?

do it now stern you mofo!!!

Theschrems101
01-12-2012, 05:40 PM
They have to move the team. St. Luis, Kansas, Cincinnati, or Seattle I i feel could support a team better than Charlotte just by sheer number of people in the area. I have no idea about Charloltte's size isnt it most likely the smallest city to support any of the major market sports besides Green bay?

DerekRE_3
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
They have to move the team. St. Luis, Kansas, Cincinnati, or Seattle I i feel could support a team better than Charlotte just by sheer number of people in the area. I have no idea about Charloltte's size isnt it most likely the smallest city to support any of the major market sports besides Green bay?

nope.

Nick O
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
they wont... they should move.

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Charlotte need to get a Durant in the draft

This they literally don't have 1 player on that roster that even has all star potential, their drafting is absolutely horrid .. their picks have turned out to be pitiful at best, if they somehow **** up their pick in this loaded draft class they deserve to move. If I am Jordan I am praying I can get Drummond/Davis/Barnes

black1605
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Charlotte is the 17th largest city in the country, and North Carolina as a state has other large markets. One of the major issues regarding the amount of people who watch the games on TV, is the fact that the games aren't even broadcasted in large parts of the state. It's been an issue for years now. I live in Charlotte, so I see every game, but if you live outside of Charlotte, you aren't guaranteed to even have the option to watch.

NYtilIdie
01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
They just haven't had a good product on the floor. I remember when they had LJ/Zo/Bogues on the floor and that arena would be rocking.

CaptainClutch
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
they wont... they should move.

Baltimore? They don't have an NBA team and they pack MM&T Bank Center with Raven fans

Burkey3472
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
They either need to get a superstar or move. Not a lot of area's will support a team that sucks.

CaptainClutch
01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
They either need to get a superstar or move. Not a lot of area's will support a team that sucks.

Seattle to OKC, best small market move ever. I think they need to move to a city with no sports franchises just how the Sonics did and completely changed their name, unis, etc.

sunnydayin'zona
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Charlotte is a football City. They pack the Bank of America stadium pretty much like all football teams do.

I remember when they (hornets) played at the Charlotte Coliseum they had good attendence and were a MUCH better team then.

I dont think Charlotte is a football city. I think its a basketball city, but its a college basketball city.

When UNC could beat the Bobcats, its hard not to prefer UNC.

yanks19791024
01-13-2012, 02:33 PM
This is pretty sad

todu82
01-13-2012, 02:43 PM
It's a shame as Charlotte is a nice city but unless things change I can't see the NBA lasting in Charlotte much longer.

kingsdelez24
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM
They sure could use Jamaal Jefferies right now... Or should I say Juwana Mann