PDA

View Full Version : Is Deron Williams a Superstar?

Young and Stupid
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
This is slightly redundant with JB's "Did Jerry Sloan's system make Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer?" thread; so if the Mods feel that it must be merged, go for it.

As a Nets fan, when Billy King traded for Deron Williams, I was ecstatic. I was of the opinion that they had acquired an elite-level player -- a superstar, if you will. The Nets had pursued Carmelo Anthony for so long and I believed that they had ended up with a superior player. I questioned how much King gave up, but I concluded that it was sufficient for getting a top-10 player. The way I looked at it: As long as the Nets were able to get Williams to resign with the team, the trade was a fair one. Plus, if Williams was able to attract another star player (see: Howard, Dwight) then the trade became a winning one. However, recently, I began to question my previous assessment of Williams as a player.

Prior to the Nets acquiring Williams, I thought of him as a top-10 player. A player who had the ability to make those around him dramatically better. After watching him last season -- granted: he was playing well below 100% with an injury to his shooting wrist -- and so far this season, I have to say that I'm beginning to think that he's not a top-10 player. Obviously, the sample size is way too small, but so far this season, his win-shares are negative. No matter how bad a superstar's supporting cast is, there is no explanation for those numbers.

Is it possible -- as JB and many other people have suggested -- that Williams was, somewhat, a product of Jerry Sloan's system; just as Boozer was? That's not to say that he's an below average (or even just average) player outside of Sloan's system. Instead, it means that his production was bolstered by the system.

From what I've seen, I'm beginning to gravitate towards that line of reasoning. I've watched every Nets game that he's played in and he only impressed me a few times. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that this season, he hasn't even been the best player on the Nets -- and that's with Brook Lopez out of the lineup. He's getting outplayed by MarShon Brooks. A rookie. Now, I don't believe that Brooks is the superior player; however, the fact that he hasn't even been the best player on a putrid Nets team, seriously leads me to question his status as an elite player.

I'm just curious to hear what the general public of PSD thinks. Do we think that Deron Williams is an elite player? Did you think (as I did) that he was an elite player in Utah and have since changed your mind? Or did you always believe that he was overrated?

*Note: I still believe that Deron Williams will resign with the Nets and that Dwight Howard will join him. It should also be noted that I'm not the type to be optimistic. I've often be deemed as a pessimist by other Nets fans. I've also been insulted by other Nets fans because I'm "too objective." So when I say this, it's not because I'm a fan of the team, but because it's my objective assessment of the situation (referring to the Howard and Williams dynamic). I think that some posters in the Nets forum can confirm that, if they read this thread.

shep33
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I think Dwill is an awesome player. He is surrounded with very little talent though.

That being said... If you were to put Lebron, Wade, or even a 33 year old Kobe on this team, they would be better than what they are right now imo. Those guys are just a small sample of "superstars" in this league, whenever they're on the court they often give you at least a chance to win (insert Lebron joke here________). But honestly, they give you an amazing shot to win every night.

Dwill's play is pretty awful this year. So I can't put him into the category of superstar with the Lebron's, Wade's, Kobe's, Rose's, Dirk's. Howard's, Paul George's etc.

Hope he turns it around though

Rockice_8
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Enough with the D-Will threads already. The guy is playing on a bad team so I'm not shocked he's struggling.

And to answer your question YES HE IS.

Gram
01-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Deron Williams.

nycericanguy
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Enough with the D-Will threads already. The guy is playing on a bad team so I'm not shocked he's struggling.

And to answer your question YES HE IS.

Too many Dwil threads yes, although no ones forcing you to participate in them.

I will say there are alot of superstars that have played on bad teams and not put up such horrible numbers, not sure thats the only reason and excuse.

He's shot 34% since coming to NJ last year, thats just beyond awful. The sample size is getting bigger and bigger, you can't just call it a slump anymore, he's definitely regressed.

At this point I'll say no, but he's young enough to get back to that level.

GiantsSwaGG
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
When your playing on a team fulled with D Leaguers...You wont look like a superstar!

Green_Monster
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Considering he is the 2nd/3rd best PG in the league only behind CP3 and maybe Rose, yes, he is a super star.

eddiev22
01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Im a big fan of Deron, way back from when he used to play with the Illini, but No he is not a superstar yet, a star yes, but not a superstar.

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 04:04 PM
borderline

kpjets
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
in my eye, there is only like 5 superstars in the nba, and he is not one of them.

Becks2307
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Idk whats wrong with him. The nets suck, he should be putting up career numbers in scoring, carrying the load. It doesn't matter that defenses would key in on him. If you are a great player on a ****** team, you should be scoring at a career high.

thenetslegend
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Im a big fan of Deron, way back from the Illini days, but No he is not a superstar yet, a star yes, but not a superstar.

i hate this.

youre either a star or not. there isnt a difference

uprightciti
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
no

smith&wesson
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I consider him a legit allstar.. dont know if he is in superstar territories.

smith&wesson
01-12-2012, 04:16 PM
i hate this.

youre either a star or not. there isnt a difference

there is a diff. for example just because chris bosh is an allstar it doesnt make him a super star

BKellz
01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes he is an superstar on a very bad team

NYsFinest
01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
True stars step up and put their team on their back.... the "his team sucks" is a terrible excuse to shoot 34%. Melo dropped 42, 17 and 6 playing with anthony carter, bill walker, jared jeffries and shawne williams last year in the playoffs. Even though the Knicks lost because of the terrible roster, Melo willed his team as far as it could go, Nets seem dead in the water not even putting up a fight. Deron has yet to put on a single dominating game in a Nets uniform.

iam brett favre
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes. Why is everyone hating on D-Will? Switch him with any player in the NBA right now and the Nets still wouldnt be winning

BKellz
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
True stars step up and put their team on their back.... the "his team sucks" is a terrible excuse to shoot 34%. Melo dropped 42, 17 and 6 playing with anthony carter, bill walker, jared jeffries and shawne williams last year in the playoffs. Even though the Knicks lost because of the terrible roster, Melo willed his team as far as it could go, Nets seem dead in the water not even putting up a fight. Deron has yet to put on a single dominating game in a Nets uniform.
Do you want your Point Guard to just jack up 3 pointers and didnt he have Chauncey and Amare????

NYsFinest
01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Do you want your Point Guard to just jack up 3 pointers and didnt he have Chauncey and Amare????

Nope Chauncey and Amar'e were out that game. Nothing to do with jacking up threes, he just hasn'tt aken over a game in any way yet. I haven't seen him have an efficient shooting night and not have a boatload of turnovers since he came to the nets.

As a Net (including last year) he has been shooting 35% and getting over 4 turnovers per game. His stats
(16 ppg and 10 assists) as a Net are pretty good, but thats insanely inefficient. I don't care if you have a Junior High school roster no "superstar" should shoot 35% and turn the ball over 4 times a game.

pebloemer
01-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Depends on how you classify the term "superstar."

He's a big step down from LeBron James, but a big step up from Aaron Brooks. If that doesn't clearly define him, I don't know what would...

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Superstar? Absolutely not ..

Becks2307
01-12-2012, 04:47 PM

nope they were out, it was melo and the d league..

either way as i said before. Williams can score, so why doenst he?

If he was putting up 25ppg and they were still losing no one would hate. But why is he shooting so badly and only putting up 16ppg?

he has looked a shell of himself in nj and his trade value is at an all time low.

Young and Stupid
01-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Yes. Why is everyone hating on D-Will? Switch him with any player in the NBA right now and the Nets still wouldnt be winning

Strongly disagree.

You put LeBron James in Deron Williams' place and the Nets are a top-six team in the East.

Jint.
01-12-2012, 04:50 PM
star, allstar.. YES

super-star.. NO

NYsFinest
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
To me a superstar is someone who can at least keep the team somewhat competitive and keep the team close regardless what the roster is. Nets have been blown out by 20+ more than they have won ever since Deron put on that uniform.

iam brett favre
01-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Strongly disagree.

You put LeBron James in Deron Williams' place and the Nets are a top-six team in the East.

He'd be the one guy that could maybe do it, but even with LeBron i still dont think they'd win...new jersey is absolute trash right now

Young and Stupid
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
He'd be the one guy that could maybe do it, but even with LeBron i still dont think they'd win...new jersey is absolute trash right now

Once again, I disagree.

The thing is, the Nets have some good complementary players; the problem is, they only have two legitimate starters (because Lopez is injured).

If you put LeBron in Williams' place, that is a playoff team for sure. Same thing for Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade. I'd say it's a fringe playoff team with Chris Paul, Kevin Durant or Derrick Rose.

Superstars can carry poor teams. Not only is Williams' on-court performance below average; his ability to be a leader of a team (off-the-court) is non-existent.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
c'mon, as if anyone except the clippers wouldn't want him over their PG.

Greet
01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
^ The leadership "issue" is because of the lockout.

thenetslegend
01-12-2012, 05:15 PM
there is a diff. for example just because chris bosh is an allstar it doesnt make him a super star

how about just bad, good, very good, and a star? people that say superstar and star like its a difference sound really stupid

star, allstar.. YES

super-star.. NO

:facepalm:

JordansBulls
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
No,

For a Player to be a Superstar he has to have one of these things

1. Superstar Type Numbers
2. Well Known around the League

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-12-2012, 05:20 PM

This isn't about win's and losses... He's talkin about Deron regressing as a player since he isn't producing like he was in Sloans system. Yes he's on an aweful team but still should be producing #'s if he was as good as advertised.

ee
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
D.Rose, Durant, Wade, Kobe, maybe even Lebron in place of Williams, Nets would still suck....

Sportfan
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
he can be the best player on a good playoff team, but those other players have to be good as well. I see him as a franchise player the same way I see Rondo and Westbook. very fringe, and need a supporting cast

Purple&Gold24
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
In utah he was...not any more.

JerseysFinest
01-12-2012, 05:37 PM
No,

For a Player to be a Superstar he has to have one of these things

1. Superstar Type Numbers
2. Well Known around the League
?

I'm sure Deron Williams is pretty well known around the league. He's not a household name if that's what you meant, but that'll hopefully come in time.

JayStar-8
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
He's a top 10 player in the NBA.

JerseysFinest
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Like this post. He's definitely an elite player imo, it's just the fact we're seeing him do something he isn't accustomed to doing, which is score a lot of points night in and night out. Deron is a solid scorer, but he isn't the type of guy that is overly great and creating shots for himself. He isn't the Derrick Rose type who can attack the basket and create. He's an excellent passer, and I'm sure if Brook returned, we'd see some progress with that team. His elite status comes from the fact he's terrific at finding shots for those around him, passing the ball, and knowing how to exploit the defense in certain situations.

PhillyBoomerang
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Deron Williams is a unique player in that it seems like he plays Extremely well with talented players which makes him better. Nets have a very young and raw team with no real all-star or big time player on the Roster, that hurts the Nets going forward. So for me when he was in utah with Carlos Boozer he was a superstar, however until he gets another BIG impact player on his team he will be just another eastern conference PG IMO

milominderbinde
01-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Depends on how you classify the term "superstar."

He's a big step down from LeBron James, but a big step up from Aaron Brooks. If that doesn't clearly define him, I don't know what would...

Yup. How many superstars are there in the league. If you define it as top ten he may be a borderline superstar.

Cool007
01-12-2012, 05:58 PM
star, allstar.. YES

super-star.. NO

+1.

He is definitely a star player but no way a Superstar.

Young and Stupid
01-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Like this post. He's definitely an elite player imo, it's just the fact we're seeing him do something he isn't accustomed to doing, which is score a lot of points night in and night out. Deron is a solid scorer, but he isn't the type of guy that is overly great and creating shots for himself. He isn't the Derrick Rose type who can attack the basket and create. He's an excellent passer, and I'm sure if Brook returned, we'd see some progress with that team. His elite status comes from the fact he's terrific at finding shots for those around him, passing the ball, and knowing how to exploit the defense in certain situations.

So, he's elite? But is he a superstar?

By your definition, Rondo is an elite player. To me, if you're an elite player, you can carry a team -- maybe not every night, but you at least have the ability to carry a sub-par team to a win over a team better than the ****ing Wizards.

His win-shares are ****ing NEGATIVE.

He's a top 10 player in the NBA.

Not sure that I can agree. Nothing I've seen outside of Sloan's system would lead me to say that he's even a top-15 player.

Evolution23
01-12-2012, 06:15 PM
He's no Chris Paul but he's still a supertar

Nycbball08
01-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't think anyone on earth could make that cast any better, if you call that a cast...as for DW, no one needs to question who he is as a player ...an Olympian, all star, may not be a superstar but definitely a star...at this stage of his career who would be motivated to play with such a "cast"...

TheRunKiller
01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
uh oh. chill will is gonna snap on ya'll

Young and Stupid
01-13-2012, 10:18 AM
how about just bad, good, very good, and a star? people that say superstar and star like its a difference sound really stupid

I disagree. To me, there are horrible players, below average players, average players, solid players, above average players, good players, star players and superstar players.

I always thought that Williams was in the superstar category, but it's from what I've seen (granted, the sample size is too small), he's not. It's funny because I used to say that Carmelo Anthony was a star and not a superstar; now, I'm starting to think I was wrong.

strahan92osi72
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
I love how people say Deron is a superstar and Amare isn't. When last year Amare carried a team of trash to a respectable record while Deron can't carry a team anywhere but a 20% winning percentage.

Greet
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I disagree. To me, there are horrible players, below average players, average players, solid players, above average players, good players, star players and superstar players.

I always thought that Williams was in the superstar category, but it's from what I've seen (granted, the sample size is too small), he's not. It's funny because I used to say that Carmelo Anthony was a star and not a superstar; now, I'm starting to think I was wrong.

Look at the Nets roster. Half of it is D-League players. He's playing games with Johan Petro starting at the 5. He had a good team in Utah, that was a playoff team. He doesn't even have his second best player healthy.

I love how people say Deron is a superstar and Amare isn't. When last year Amare carried a team of trash to a respectable record while Deron can't carry a team anywhere but a 20% winning percentage.

A team of trash? Are you kidding me. The Knicks with Amar'e last year was a better team than the Knicks with Amar'e and Melo.

strahan92osi72
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Look at the Nets roster. Half of it is D-League players. He's playing games with Johan Petro starting at the 5. He had a good team in Utah, that was a playoff team. He doesn't even have his second best player healthy.

A team of trash? Are you kidding me. The Knicks with Amar'e last year was a better team than the Knicks with Amar'e and Melo.

Bull, the Knicks were garbage. Danilo is a soft Euro player who is a shooter and nothing else. Felton was a product of the system, look at him now, he's trash just like he was before the Knicks. The only decent player was Chandler, and he is still a role player. Turiaf was the center, lol. That team was trash and Melo is better than all of those average at best players put together. Get a clue.

Greet
01-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Bull, the Knicks were garbage. Danilo is a soft Euro player who is a shooter and nothing else. Felton was a product of the system, look at him now, he's trash just like he was before the Knicks. The only decent player was Chandler, and he is still a role player. Turiaf was the center, lol. That team was trash and Melo is better than all of those average at best players put together. Get a clue.

I mean besides the Knicks record getting worse after the trade, and Denvers record improving and Denver starting off WAY better than the Knicks this year....I guess you're right.

strahan92osi72
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I mean besides the Knicks record getting worse after the trade, and Denvers record improving and Denver starting off WAY better than the Knicks this year....I guess you're right.

Yea, only a matter of time before cream comes to the top. Keep hanging your hat on a basis of 30-40 games between the time the trade happened and now, not even half a full season, lamo. And yea, what a shame, Denver is a whole one game better than the Knicks this year, wow what a telling tale. Gallo is trash, will never be anything but a shooter. I'll never forget how everyone was saying the Knicks package was trash, they were right but Denver had no choice.

D12 fan
01-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes,Dwill is a superstar,once he gets Lopez back he will have someone to past the rock to downlow and take some of the pressure off him.

benzni
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Yes,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deron_Williams

career 17.2 points per game
carrer 9.2 assists per game

career playoff numbers : 21.1 ppg
career playoff numbers : 9.6 assists

he plays on a horrible team. His playoff run was with a Good Jazz team and his regular season stats have been slightly decreased with his season and a half as a Net. There is a difference

onlythisfar41
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I think Dwill is an awesome player. He is surrounded with very little talent though.

That being said... If you were to put Lebron, Wade, or even a 33 year old Kobe on this team, they would be better than what they are right now imo. Those guys are just a small sample of "superstars" in this league, whenever they're on the court they often give you at least a chance to win (insert Lebron joke here________). But honestly, they give you an amazing shot to win every night.

Dwill's play is pretty awful this year. So I can't put him into the category of superstar with the Lebron's, Wade's, Kobe's, Rose's, Dirk's. Howard's, Paul George's etc.

Hope he turns it around though

Did you really put Paul George in the same breath as these guys

TheRunKiller
01-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Paul George LOL

blystr2002
01-13-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not going to rank the top 10, but point guard wise I think he is right up there with C. Paul as the best in the league. Chris Paul is obviously playing better right now, but he had a couple above average not great years to being stuck in New Orleans. Before Rose fans go crazy, I am not saying I won't have him as 1 or 2 after this season I just like to see more than 1 great year before I anoint someone. As for Rondo fans, I just think he is behind those 3. Very good but behind them. Of course, when ranking players that are all obviously elite it's subjective.

Young and Stupid
01-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Look at the Nets roster. Half of it is D-League players. He's playing games with Johan Petro starting at the 5.

First off, that's not even true. Is the Nets' roster devoid of talent? Yes. But there are some average role players on the squad. It's not that much worse than some of the teams LeBron has carried. And that's my point -- superstars can carry teams. They can lift a poor team and make it into a playoff team. Maybe not a championship contender, but at least a playoff team.

Not only has Williams not carried the team, he hasn't even looked like the best played on the team. I'm not sure how we can call him a superstar.

Yes,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deron_Williams

career 17.2 points per game
carrer 9.2 assists per game

career playoff numbers : 21.1 ppg
career playoff numbers : 9.6 assists

he plays on a horrible team. His playoff run was with a Good Jazz team and his regular season stats have been slightly decreased with his season and a half as a Net. There is a difference

Let's not look at his raw stats -- because those are useless -- instead, let's look at statistics that really tell the story.

Once again, the sample size is too small; however, so far with the Nets, his numbers have not only been well below the elite level, they've been below average on a league scale. Although I've stated it a couple times now, I feel that it should be noted again: the dude's win-shares are ****ing negative.

I'm not going to rank the top 10, but point guard wise I think he is right up there with C. Paul as the best in the league. Chris Paul is obviously playing better right now, but he had a couple above average not great years to being stuck in New Orleans. Before Rose fans go crazy, I am not saying I won't have him as 1 or 2 after this season I just like to see more than 1 great year before I anoint someone.

Strongly disagree.

Chris Paul has never had an "above average, but not great" year. When you look at their career numbers, the gap between Chris Paul and Deron Williams is as large as the one between LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Chris Paul's worst season is better than Deron William's best season. I don't see how they're comparable.

Also: Derrick Rose, in his third season in the league, at the age of twenty-two, had a better year than Deron Williams has ever had in his career. It's not as if Rose is going to regress; in fact, he's improved his efficiency this season.

blystr2002
01-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Strongly disagree.

Chris Paul has never had an "above average, but not great" year. When you look at their career numbers, the gap between Chris Paul and Deron Williams is as large as the one between LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Chris Paul's worst season is better than Deron William's best season. I don't see how they're comparable.

Also: Derrick Rose, in his third season in the league, at the age of twenty-two, had a better year than Deron Williams has ever had in his career. It's not as if Rose is going to regress; in fact, he's improved his efficiency this season.[/QUOTE]

I know Rose is in his 3rd season and probably will get more efficient, which is why I said by next year I might have him 1 or 2, but I am not going to do that after one great year after this year if he is in the running again (which he probably will be) and improves instead of staying the same I will.

Chris Paul's worse is not better then D Will's best. I'm sorry have more respect for his game then that. Plus D Will is a different player because he uses his size more. Also, numbers wise for careers Williams averages slightly more Assist where Paul slightly more points. If you switched their teams Jazz for hornets it would probably be the exact opposite. They aren't the same, but caliber wise they use their skill set to perfection and are the 2 best and you could argue either way.

macc
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
If your definition of superstar is "game changer" then yes I would say he is because he's def a game changer. Right now they have him on a team with a bunch of D leaguers. People get to caught up with numbers and averages and don't actually watch the games.

Williams is still a top 3 pg in this league. He just literally has no help, esp with Lopez getting injured.

Stop living in the moment people, no system made Deron a star, he's a star in his own right.

Young and Stupid
01-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Chris Paul's worse is not better then D Will's best. I'm sorry have more respect for his game then that.

You can "respect" him all you want, but that's a fact. I'm not quite sure what you're implying when you say that you're not willing to accept that.

imagesrdecievin
01-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Sure the Nets have some decent role player - but it is overall a very poorly constructed roster:

We are way too guard heavy. Farmar, Morrow and Gaines are all quality role players. Marshon is playing exceptionally well for a rookie - but is still a rookie. Including Deron that means 5 out of 6 of our best players are guards (and not even 'big' guards at that).

We have no quality SF's on our roster at all. Deshawn Stevenson came to camp late and is a decent role player. Damion James - I have hope for him but he 1st needs to be able to stay on the court to deliver on any of his promise. Shawne Williams has done his best to take the place of Travis Outlaw as far as shooting ineptitude.

Our bigs really leave something to be desired. Hump is our best big and his best role is as energy guy off of the bench. The longer he stays on the court the less effective he becomes. Memo looks a step slow and isn't much of a help in the paint. Sheldon Williams is our next best big and he is serviceable at best. Johan Petro is our starting center! That is disgusting! Jordan Williams needs to see more court time if we are going to be this bad. The worst part about our bigs is not one of them is even an average finisher. Defenses pretty much ignore our bigs every game with no ill effects.

Deron needs another player who is capable of creating a shot for themselves and the team overall needs to improve defensively for him to have any hope of carrying this ballclub.

I contest the opinion that Lebron would make this team a 6th seed. He had more talent than we do. Antawn Jamison is underrated. Zydrunas was very effective. Mo Williams is better than any guard we have (Marshon will likely be better in the future). Anderson Varajao was a step up over anyone not names Hump. Hickson was decent. Anthony Parker is also underrated. Overall their talent level was better than what we have now.

Chill_Will_24
01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
I was never too excited about getting Williams although i still think the Nets got the best ane better player that was available. I dont think he is elite. I thought he was but this year has shown me that he is not a superstar in that he is not suited for being the go to guy.

I gave him tge benefit of the doubt last year cuz of the wrist but there are no excuses for his play this year. Particularly frustrating is his apparent lack of effort. He doesnt seem to care. Its like he is going thru the motions; refusing to give the Nets his all till they get him Dwight cuz if they cant his hometown is waiting for him and Superman with open arms, a bonafide winning culture, a big market, a warm climate, and no state tax.

Chill_Will_24
01-13-2012, 08:55 PM
BTW Williams and Deron WILL play together. That much is becoming obvious. The question is where. Only the Lakers have the pieces for a trade but can the Lakers aquire Deron? Will Lopez make a full recovery like his twin brother and give the Nets a last shot at Dwight? Is the writing on the wall with Cuban making all these "risky" moves to afford Deron and Dwight? Keep in mind that per Bucher Dallas was the team at the top of Dwight's list NOT the Nets. Could this all be posturing and tyese guys already decided a while ago that Dallas is their destination? Could that explain Deron's lack of interest in playing hard for the Nets?