PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher... C'MON MAN!!!

uptownfan
01-12-2012, 02:26 PM
He was just on Sportscenter and gave his Top 7 NBA players list

1. Kobe
2. Rose
3. LeBron
4. Dwight
5. Wade
6. Dirk
7. Westbrook

Russell Westbrook over Kevin Durant? Really Bucher? How can Durant not even be in the Top 7 :facepalm:

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Bucher ranking KOBE at 1?

Its a trap!!!!!!!!!!

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM

1. Kobe
2. Rose
3. LeBron
4. Dwight
5. Wade
6. Dirk
7. Westbrook

Russell Westbrook over Kevin Durant? Really Bucher? How can Durant not even be in the Top 7 :facepalm:

maybe hes trying to motivate Durant like the media did with kobe, ironic that its the 7th spot too :shrug:

Nick O
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
rose over lebron? .. and ya lol westbrooke.. hahah not even close to top 7 .. but Lebron is pretty much #1 in the world .. i think his stats can back that up.. no one can do everything like he can. rebounding passing, defense and obviously scoring.. i dont see how rose could be ahead of him :P

CaptainClutch
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Where's Cris Carter when you need him?

uptownfan
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
rose over lebron? .. and ya lol westbrooke.. hahah not even close to top 7 .. but Lebron is pretty much #1 in the world .. i think his stats can back that up.. no one can do everything like he can. rebounding passing, defense and obviously scoring.. i dont see how rose could be ahead of him :P

I agree on this one. Even as a die hard Bulls fan I have to admit that LeBron should be ahead of Rose on this list. Bucher has been known to have his hard on for Rose

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Bucher ranking KOBE at 1?

Its a trap!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh::laugh:

nickdymez
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Some people base their opinion of a player of more than just stats. You should to, your respect for the game will increase.

aman_13
01-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Lebron is the best player in the game. Kobe is playing at a high level though. He is taking a lot of shots but i cant really complain. The team is winning.

justinnum1
01-12-2012, 02:35 PM
what does this guy have to do to get fired?

Cfrey
01-12-2012, 02:36 PM
The fact he has Westbrook at 7 totally discredits Kobe at number 1.

Too bad for Laker/Kobe fans because since he had such a terrible list, the number 1 spot is totally invalid.

XpLiCiTT
01-12-2012, 02:36 PM
hahaha I can't get over this..my jaw dropped when he put Westbrook at 7..I swear you need to be ******** to work for ESPN (see: Ric Bucher, Skip Bayless, etc.)

Over Cp3, Melo, AND Durant? Hell Harden is even playing just as good if not better than Westbrook.

Hustla23
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
How do people like this even get this job?

bucketss
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Some people base their opinion of a player of more than just stats. You should to, your respect for the game will increase.

you dont need stats to know rose isnt better than lebron just watch the game and you'll know, unleess your're more impressed with fancy layups, and westbrook over durant. puhlease!!!

anyways... i think its a shame guys like bucher,stpehen A, are considered experts, when in reality they dont know much more than the casual fan...

uptownfan
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I now find it pretty funny that there was a thread the other day debating whether Westbrook or Harden was the 2nd best player on their team

MagicBucsSox
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Lmao at rose over lebron&dh.

MagicBucsSox
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
The top 7 leBron Kobe DH wade dirk Paul rose

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM

If Tose is number 2 there's no way in hell that Westbrook shouldn't be number 7! There isn't one stat that Rose is better than Westbrook at! He does everything the exact same as Rose, only difference is Rose has the clearway to be a gunner, while Westbrook gets harassed for it! No one mentioned that Rose had as bad of a shooting percentage as Westbrook in the playoffs. Durant is #1 although.

DeyAce
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Durant
4. Rose
5. Wade
6. Dwight
7. Dirk

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
1.) Durrant
2.) Howard
3.) James
4.) CP3
5.) Wade
6.) Rose
7.) Westbrook
8.) Love
9.) Kobe
10.) Dirk

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
The top 7 leBron Kobe DH wade dirk Paul rose

not about the quote about your signature!
No way we select Trent Richardson that would be a horrible selection!
1.) Take Blackmon
2.) Take either Clayborne or Dre Kirkpatrick
3.) Trade back with someone for multiple picks and get Dennard later in the round or Floyd

Nick O
01-12-2012, 02:51 PM

then what? who gets their team farther? still lebron. and im sorry lol but leadership doesnt make rose better than lebron -.-

twin4life
01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Lebron
Durrant
Rose
Paul
Howard
Wade
Love
Kobe
Dirk
Griffin
Look guys I'm an ESPN analyst

Nick O
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
If Tose is number 2 there's no way in hell that Westbrook shouldn't be number 7! There isn't one stat that Rose is better than Westbrook at! He does everything the exact same as Rose, only difference is Rose has the clearway to be a gunner, while Westbrook gets harassed for it! No one mentioned that Rose had as bad of a shooting percentage as Westbrook in the playoffs. Durant is #1 although.

:facepalm: .. right... im guessing your an OKC homer..

Sactown
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
then what? who gets their team farther? still lebron. and im sorry lol but leadership doesnt make rose better than lebron -.-

He's insane.. he loves Kobe and Hates Lebron.. there is no arguing with him.

metsbulls1025
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I am almost positive when ESPN did their NBA special right before the season started he said Westbrook was the best player on that team. I could be mistaken, but someone on that panel said it.

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
:facepalm: .. right... im guessing your an OKC homer..

Actually I'm a Laker fan that just watches basketball and can look at stats! Didn't the Bulls have the same roster that the Jazz had with DWilliams but in addition had Noah and Deng! But they didn't do much more with that team even though it was better than what DWill was doing. So was his inflation last year due to the players around him? His a good player but he is not much if at all better than Westbrook.

ChicagoRox
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Lebron should be number #1 but maybe RIc is just basing this on the last couple of games. Kobe is scoring a lot and closing games. And while Lebron is putting crazy numbers, and well, not closing games but actually disappearing in the 4th and ot.

Ebbs
Wow what a **** list lol

SportsAndrew25
How is CP3, Durant or Melo not on this list? :facepalm: :laugh:

nickdymez
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Im not talking about a particular player. Im just speaking in general.

ugafan
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't like basketball and the Hawks have nobody who could possibly be on the list so my unbiased opinion:

1. Lebron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Derrick Rose
6. Dwyane Wade

Slimsim
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
it must be true he's a expert

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 03:03 PM
How is CP3, Durant or Melo not on this list? :facepalm: :laugh:

Melo because he plays zero D and only has made it out the 1st round once, even with other ood talent around him. CP3 although and Durant is BS! No way Dirk deserves that or that Kobe is even in the top 5, he destroyed one of the few guys older than him in this league the other night.

chitown815
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
anyone that doesn't have Lebron #1 and/or has Chris Paul over Derrick Rose is a F***ing troll, this isnt a best true pg list, grab some tape of any game rose has faced paul head 2 head would be a start

chitown815
01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't like basketball and the Hawks have nobody who could possibly be on the list so my unbiased opinion:

1. Lebron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Derrick Rose
6. Dwyane Wade

this list is alot better to me

MTL_123
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
1.Lebron
2.Dwight
3.Durant
4.Wade
5.Rose
6.Kobe if your talking about career then Kobe is number 1 if not than he isnt

Vincent
01-12-2012, 03:24 PM
lol i knew Rose would get the biggest criticism of this ranking.

I think his high ranking has more do with his team record than his individual accomplishments.

Kobe's ranking is because of his scoring dominance recently. Not really sure how effecient he's been, but he's definitely been very motivated and has been on a mission this year.

Gram
01-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Ric Bucher.

Nick O
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Actually I'm a Laker fan that just watches basketball and can look at stats! Didn't the Bulls have the same roster that the Jazz had with DWilliams but in addition had Noah and Deng! But they didn't do much more with that team even though it was better than what DWill was doing. So was his inflation last year due to the players around him? His a good player but he is not much if at all better than Westbrook.

im talking about how you said durant was better than lebron -.-

Jint.
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Bucher is wack..! Terrible list

PLAYERS FAN
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM

1. Kobe
2. Rose
3. LeBron
4. Dwight
5. Wade
6. Dirk
7. Westbrook

He literally think Westbrook is the thunder best player.

jetsfan28
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I've given up on discussions like this, simply because it's such a ridiculous exercise in nitpicking. The difference between 1-5 on the list is so ridiculously small. And then the difference between 6-10 is ridiculously small. Within those groups, trying to rationalize ranking, say, Rose vs. LeBron is impossible. They're both incredible players, and they don't have the same skill set or responsibilities so it's impossible to judge.

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
im talking about how you said durant was better than lebron -.-

Offense:
Durant

Defense:
Lebron

Rebounding:
Before this year Lebron but Durant has become a terrific rebounder this season. Slight edge of slightest to Bron.

Passing:
Lebron

Intangibles:
Durant

Work Ethic:
Durant

Closer:
Durant

It's hoenstly a coin flip, Durant although i think is the better team player and is getting better each season just like Westbrook and the Thunder's win percentage has risen 4 years straight and this will be the 5th.

Chi StateOfMind
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
1.) LeBron James
2.) Kevin Durant
3.) Dwight Howard
4.) Dwyane Wade
5.) Derrick Rose
6.) Kobe Bryant
7.) Carmelo Anthony

Nick O
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Im not talking about a particular player. Im just speaking in general.

i dont get it lol.. that wasnt my argument.. mine was lebron is better than Derrick Rose :P because well hes better at every aspect of the game pretty much except passing i guess but lebron can do that too

bucketss
01-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Offense:
Durant

Defense:
Lebron

Rebounding:
Before this year Lebron but Durant has become a terrific rebounder this season. Slight edge of slightest to Bron.

Passing:
Lebron

Intangibles:
Durant

Work Ethic:
Durant

Closer:
Durant

It's hoenstly a coin flip, Durant although i think is the better team player and is getting better each season just like Westbrook and the Thunder's win percentage has risen 4 years straight and this will be the 5th.

lol thats how you determine how a player is better? and what exactly makes durant have more intangibles than lebron??? and durant is not the better offensive player better scorer yeah, but offense has more to do with just scoring.

Geargo Wallace
01-12-2012, 04:02 PM
i dont get it lol.. that wasnt my argument.. mine was lebron is better than Derrick Rose :P because well hes better at every aspect of the game pretty much except passing i guess but lebron can do that too

LeBron is a great passer.

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
lol thats how you determine how a player is better? and what exactly makes durant have more intangibles than lebron??? and durant is not the better offensive player better scorer yeah, but offense has more to do with just scoring.

I just like Durant's intangibles a lot more, like the way he showed up to every Dleague summer game to root for his teammates. But lets compare their offensive games then.

Post up:
Tie, neither are that terrific.

Passing:
Lebron

Mid Range:
Durant

Deep ball:
Durant

Fast break:
Lebron

Free throws:
Durant

Closer:
Durant

magichatnumber9
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM

sausage sucking at a level that would cover a third world country in nut!

justinnum1
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Offense:
Durant

Defense:
Lebron

Rebounding:

Passing:
Lebron

Intangibles:
Durant

Work Ethic:
Durant

Closer:
Durant

:facepalm:

Nick O
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I just like Durant's intangibles a lot more, like the way he showed up to every Dleague summer game to root for his teammates. But lets compare their offensive games then.

Post up:

Passing:
Lebron

Mid Range:
Durant

Deep ball:
Durant

Fast break:
Lebron

Free throws:
Durant

Closer:
Durant

lol wow way to put defense up there haha

Da Knicks
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
the funniest list ever, main reason i quit watching espn. Most psd poster have more sense than all of espn staff put together.

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
:facepalm:

Then Heat fan, just assuming by your signature video that is, compare Lebron and Durant open minded and unbiased by categories.

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
lol wow way to put defense up there haha

You questioned my reasoning on offense so i put the offensive end of things up there. In previous post I said that Lebron was the better defensive player.

bucketss
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM

Post up:

Passing:
Lebron

Mid Range:
Durant

Deep ball:
Durant

Fast break:
Lebron

Free throws:
Durant

Closer:
Durant

how is durant a better closer?? has he closed series out like lebron did against the bulls/celts this year or even against the pistons in 2006???

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:18 PM
If I am trying to get to the Finals I take LeBron > Kobe and Rose if I am already there I take Rose and Kobe>LeBron. That is why many people I know would take Rose and Kobe> LeBron. He just isn't all there to me. I am going to have to pass on him I'd take many players>LeBron I do not care about his stats they mean nothing in the 4th quarter and in HUGE games. Put Rose or Kobe on the Heat last year in the Finals and take LeBron off they win. Argue if you want but my opinion is my opinion. Sure sure he has the stats and he has Wade and Bosh that's only reason I take him to get me there > Rose and Kobe. In the grand scheme of things Rose will end up with more rings than this guy anyway.

XpLiCiTT
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Heres my list

1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Durant
4. Kobe
5. Wade
6. Rose
7. Dirk
8. Melo
9. Cp3
10. Love ----- these 3
11. Blake ----- are
12. Amare --- tough
13. rondo
14. westbrook

So get the **** outta here Bucher

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Heres my list

1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Durant
4. Kobe
5. Wade
6. Rose
7. Dirk
8. Melo
9. Cp3
10. Love ----- these 3
11. Blake ----- are
12. Amare --- tough
13. rondo
14. westbrook

So get the **** outta here Bucher

Now make a list of who you want game 7 finals?

bucketss
If I am trying to get to the Finals I take LeBron > Kobe and Rose if I am already there I take Rose and Kobe>LeBron. That is why many people I know would take Rose and Kobe> LeBron. He just isn't all there to me. I am going to have to pass on him I'd take many players>LeBron I do not care about his stats they mean nothing in the 4th quarter and in HUGE games. Put Rose or Kobe on the Heat last year in the Finals and take LeBron off they win. Argue if you want but my opinion is my opinion. Sure sure he has the stats and he has Wade and Bosh that's only reason I take him to get me there > Rose and Kobe. In the grand scheme of things Rose will end up with more rings than this guy anyway.

so rose choked in the ECF and you want to trust him in the finals??? id take melo/durant if i had to replace lebron for that series

da ThRONe
I don't like to **** on peoples opinions, but this list is awful.

XpLiCiTT
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM

I get it Lebron isn't as clutch as Kobe, Wade, or Dirk..those 3 i'd put ahead.

But straight talent, thats my list.

jrm2054
01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Ya i saw this he left off Durant Paul and Melo really. That list is awful

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:29 PM
so rose choked in the ECF and you want to trust him in the finals??? id take melo/durant if i had to replace lebron for that series

Rose didn't choke. His teammates couldn't buy a shot and when a team of all stars can focus on one guy and not worry about his teammate it makes it a lot easier. But if your opinion is that he choked so be it.

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM

Talent alone doesn't win titles or make you the best in the game.

SwatTeam
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Rose choked in the ECF in the 4th quarter when Lebron smothered his @$$ . . . . . regardless i think this thread should be closed because Rich Bucher is a moron. Whether you agree with the list rankings or not, not having CP3 or Durant in the top 7 players in the league is ridiculous. Bucher is a POS, always has been. He has no real sources and the rumors he always dishes out are straight garbage. Take a look at his past trade rumors and they never happen, not even close.

wjmoffatt
how is durant a better closer?? has he closed series out like lebron did against the bulls/celts this year or even against the pistons in 2006???

Closer means who would you take in the final minutes of a game or last shot of the game losing at the buzzer. Durant already has more game winners than Lebron does in just the past season alone (LBJ 2 in his career walk off game winners, Durant already has 1 this season alone:facepalm:)

JordansBulls

1. Kobe
2. Rose
3. LeBron
4. Dwight
5. Wade
6. Dirk
7. Westbrook

I think some of these guys at ESPN need a brain transplant.

bucketss
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Rose didn't choke. His teammates couldn't buy a shot and when a team of all stars can focus on one guy and not worry about his teammate it makes it a lot easier. But if your opinion is that he choked so be it.

so missing freethows to win/tie the game two straight nights, bricking everything he put up isnt choking??

wjmoffatt
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM

To go along with that I'd take Melo, Durant, Rose, and Pierce in those situations over him any day of the week.

XpLiCiTT
01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Talent alone doesn't win titles or make you the best in the game.

I realize that, but LeBron is still the best... that's my opinion, live with it

bucketss
01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Closer means who would you take in the final minutes of a game or last shot of the game losing at the buzzer. Durant already has more game winners than Lebron does in just the past season alone (LBJ 2 in his career walk off game winners, Durant already has 1 this season alone:facepalm:)

closer does not mean who takes last second shot/buzzer beater wth are you talking about, lebron is more of a proven closer than durant thats a fact.

XpLiCiTT
01-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah I agree..people mistake the "closer" role as hitting a game winning shot as time expires. Closers take over games with a lot of time left in the 4th, 4-5 minutes left. Now, i've seen LeBron do this, but too many times he's come up short, that has to improve no doubt..no excuses LeBron needs to come up bigger in crunch time, but hes also put on such a bigger scale than everyone else its not even fair.

Ill21
01-12-2012, 04:39 PM
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this on espn. Top 7 is

1.LeBron
2.D12
3.Durant
4.Rose
5.Kobe
6.Wade
7.Dirk

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
so missing freethows to win/tie the game two straight nights, bricking everything he put up isnt choking??

If he had help it wouldn't have mattered. But yes he did come up short even he says that he failed.

eddiev22
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Derrick Rose
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Dwight Howard
7. Carmelo Anthony

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this on espn. Top 7 is

1.LeBron
2.D12
3.Durant
4.Rose
5.Kobe
6.Wade
7.Dirk

I wouldn't be upset with this list at all but I still wouldn't take lebron for myself 1st. i'd put d12 4th after durant and rose too

swirl54
01-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I realize that, but LeBron is still the best... that's my opinion, live with it

I respect your opinion sorry if it came across differently

hgtiger32
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Bucher has always been in love with RW. No surprise...

Wade n Fade
01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Bucher is a disgrace to all Duke grads period. ESPN is getting worse with basketball analysts. Ric Bucher is not qualified to do his job. Half the people who post on the forums have better opinions than Bucher.

beliges
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Dude all these lists are subjective. One person values greatness in a different way than another person does. It is what it is. Everyone has their opinions, and this is his. While the list might be dumb, its his list.

Wade n Fade
01-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes, it is true everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but there are overlaps as a general consensus amongst the lists. Most people have KD in the top 3. The difference between a fool and intelligent person is defending their unique opinion in an educated manner. Ric Bucher probably can't defend his list to begin with. It makes no sense to choose the 2nd tier player over the true NBA superstar on the team. You would think a Duke grad would have common sense.

Dolfan305
01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
What a troll

bulldog312
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes, Rose did choke in the ECF (is it considered choking if you just play bad the entire series?). It shouldn't exactly be a big deal though or much of a surprise though, and I don't think you can label him that way because of it. The Bulls were asking a 22 year old who had never been in the ECF before to carry the team to the Finals. You can't really be too critical of him for not doing it.

I am kind of shocked so many people consider to list Wade above Rose. I don't really see any justification for that right now. Nearly all of Wade's stats are inferior across the board and he is the 2nd best player on a team with a worse record.

Also, how come people still consider Melo to be even a superstar, let alone a top 7 or top 10 player? When a team trades you and gets better, you are not a superstar. When a team trades for you and gets worse, you are not a superstar. I don't care how many points he scores, there is so much more to the game than that. He doesn't do enough to actually help his team win games.

thekmp211
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
bucher is not a real journalist anymore i don't think. besides a few league connections he just spews bull 24/7 and gets paid for it. it's like psd, but instead of a thread he gets an internationally read article. smh.

NYKnicksAllDay
01-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Bucher needs to stop jockriding Kobe so hard.

ManRam
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Funniest list I've seen in a while :laugh:

He achieved his goal though: get people to talk about him.

thedfactor
01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
No Durant is crazy

XpLiCiTT
01-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I hate when people put Rose ahead of Wade..I don't think he's earned that just yet

naps
01-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Haha...I am pretty sure Bucher is jealous about Skip Bayless. He's trying too hard to get the stupidest spot. Talk about a terrible and pathetic self-esteem.

Supa
01-12-2012, 07:00 PM

He got you to read and talk about what he said/wrote; he is doing a good job.

Controversy creates viewership; even the co-host mentioned something about this.

---

bucketss
01-12-2012, 07:06 PM
i like skipp, even though hes an obvious troll (doesnt even have lebron in the top6) hes extemely entertaining, ric bucher is just annoying, i never liked him and i just hope he gets fired

Geargo Wallace
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM

How many game 7 finals have you seen? Way to talk about the rarest of situations.