PDA

View Full Version : Best post moves in the league

kdspurman
01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Saw this video today thought I'd share... Some players expressing who they think has the best moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C18HVpszHaQ&feature=player_embedded

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 01:57 PM
All time Hakeem.
Right now its a tie Duncan and Gasol , Scola not far from them

its funny the only one in the video crediting pau is a FRENCH.

Europower baby!!!! :D

kdspurman
01-12-2012, 02:01 PM
All time Hakeem.

LOL yea really...

All time Hakeem for sure. McHale had some footwork himself, but I agree with your overall assessments. Scola very close. Curious to see the new generation of bigs and who has the best or polished post moves.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Pau Gasol and Al Jefferson have great footwork.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 02:04 PM
LOL yea really...

All time Hakeem for sure. McHale had some footwork himself, but I agree with your overall assessments. Scola very close. Curious to see the new generation of bigs and who has the best or polished post moves.

theres a big dropoff blake, love, marc g, howard, bynum, lopez dont have anything close the moves that webber, kg, duncan, pau, shaq have/had.

Cal827
01-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Clearly it's Dermarcus Cousins. He could just power you down, go with the up and under and cram the ball in. He's so dominant now, but give him time and he'll be the undisputed best Center in NBA History, winning multiple MVP along Fredette and Evans.

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Clearly it's Dermarcus Cousins. He could just power you down, go with the up and under and cram the ball in. He's so dominant now, but give him time and he'll be the undisputed best Center in NBA History, winning multiple MVP along Fredette and Evans.

hold on there, lets wait two more years so Paul George becomes 7,2.

John Walls Era
01-12-2012, 02:09 PM
No one said Jefferson, yet Zach "I'll face Up and Shoot Js" Randolph gets votes.

I'll pick Scola and Gasol.

Cal827
01-12-2012, 02:09 PM
hold on there, lets wait two more years so Paul George becomes 7,2.

:laugh2:

Ollie Tabooger
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Bogut! Except his only two moves are right hook and left hook.

billy17
01-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Pau Gasol Al Jefferson and Luis Scola are top 3 but Lemarcus Aldridge is good too and an under rated Marc Gasol also has a quality post game

billy17
01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
But Kevin Mchale was the best ever i counted 120 different post moves over the course of his career. Each one resulted in 2 points and most likely a title

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
No one said Jefferson, yet Zach "I'll face Up and Shoot Js" Randolph gets votes.

I'll pick Scola and Gasol.

look at my post above son!

GrapeSoda
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Big Al, Pau, Scola and of course Dwight Howard

Nick O
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
all time obviously hakeem.. im 5 ft 8 and play PG i dont really know much about big men but watching his footage gets me hard :P hes smooth.. made the most difficult moves look easy.. best footwork in history bar non.. currently? .. i like randolp and jefferson ? /:

billy17
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Dwight howard has almost no postmoves if he was scolas size he would average 8 and 8 maybe

shep33
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I think Kobe is up there in all truth. I've seen him with unreal footwork on the block.

pg64159
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Dwight howard has almost no postmoves if he was scolas size he would average 8 and 8 maybe

Agreed! Same hook moves in the post! Give me a break. He is so predictable, as KG and Big Baby said a while back

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM

yep.

John Walls Era
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
look at my post above son!

I was talking about NBA players. Sad seeing how little they know the game.

pg64159
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Dirk has some quality post moves. He should it in the semis against Pau and in the Finals time and time again.

thekmp211
01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
no one said kobe yet?

nvm. everyone has the best names listed.

mightybosstone
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Maybe I'm a homer, but I'm gonna go with Scola. No one is trickier or harder to figure out in the post than he is, and no one else in the NBA has the "Argentinian Tango," where he plants his foot, keeps faking and spinning inside until he gets an open layup. When he first game into the league, refs called traveling, but they hardly ever call it now. If you watch how he spins, he never lifts his pivot foot.

LakersA's49ers
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Z-Bo is legit. Hook shots are becoming non existent. Tim Duncan is someone that pops up with a TRUE hookshot

Law25
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought Pau became the best post player with Timmey's decline but right now I have to give it to Luis Scola. He may have the best mid range shot also. All in all Id take Pau becuase he's not to far off Scola and he has something Scola cant learn and that is height.

kdspurman
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
theres a big dropoff blake, love, marc g, howard, bynum, lopez dont have anything close the moves that webber, kg, duncan, pau, shaq have/had.

Yea agreed. I was watching that round table on NBA TV and they were saying now the younger players are watching guys like Dirk, and Durant who are near 7 footers and are really perimeter based players for the most part. That's the "sexier" style these days.

I do hope to see some of these guys develop a great post game. Bynum doesn't have the footwork yet, but he uses his height very well. He could benefit a huge deal.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Maybe I'm a homer, but I'm gonna go with Scola. No one is trickier or harder to figure out in the post than he is, and no one else in the NBA has the "Argentinian Tango," where he plants his foot, keeps faking and spinning inside until he gets an open layup. When he first game into the league, refs called traveling, but they hardly ever call it now. If you watch how he spins, he never lifts his pivot foot.

a few days ago, I told the Wolves board that Love needs to work out with Scola next summer. I then realized that those workout sessions would be filled with sweat, grunts, and flops, and would probably need a ref.

PLAYERS FAN
01-12-2012, 03:43 PM
All time Hakeem.

Kobe has a better post game than Gasol.

beliges
01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I think Kobe is up there in all truth. I've seen him with unreal footwork on the block.

Dudes got the best footwork in the league. His fundamentals are unmatched. His post game is unmatched.

Nick O
01-12-2012, 03:54 PM
actually i cant believe i never said Duncan.. hes easy to forget about actually lol

Hellcrooner
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Kobe has a better post game than Gasol.

yes yes, we know it kobe i better at science than Stephen hawkins, better at Baseball than babe ruth, better at soccer than maradona, better at construicint cards than ford better at opressing people than kim yong il, better at fighting than Hercules bette then.............and so on and on.:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM
actually i cant believe i never said Duncan.. hes easy to forget about actually lol

well, Duncan is 80. I have watched 4 Spurs games, and he just shoots jumpers.

kdspurman
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
well, Duncan is 80. I have watched 4 Spurs games, and he just shoots jumpers.

His jumper from the top of the key has been almost money every time. Although, in his games vs Memphis, the Bucks, 2 games vs Houston, and even the thunder game a little he's been getting the ball in the post much more. Since Manu went down, I think he's been getting a steady dose of post plays, and that will likely continue when the offense is a little erratic. He has looked really solid the last couple games.

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 04:16 PM
His jumper from the top of the key has been almost money every time. Although, in his games vs Memphis, the Bucks, 2 games vs Houston, and even the thunder game a little he's been getting the ball in the post much more. Since Manu went down, I think he's been getting a steady dose of post plays, and that will likely continue when the offense is a little erratic. He has looked really solid the last couple games.

I watched him last night against Houston and he did look good. Better anyway. I have never been a personal fan of his as a Minny fan, but its sad honestly to watch him deteriorate. Makes me feel old.

kdspurman
01-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I watched him last night against Houston and he did look good. Better anyway. I have never been a personal fan of his as a Minny fan, but its sad honestly to watch him deteriorate. Makes me feel old.

You're telling me... :sad2:

Da Knicks
01-12-2012, 04:31 PM
melo

Dolfan305
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Ever, Hakeem and it's not even close. Right now, maybe Pau Gasol. idk

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Ever, Hakeem and it's not even close. Right now, maybe Pau Gasol. idk

there was a dude named Michael Jordan back in the day, played for the Bulls. I would take him all time.

:)

Dolfan305
01-12-2012, 05:53 PM
there was a dude named Michael Jordan back in the day, played for the Bulls. I would take him all time.

:)

You would take Jordans post game over Hakeems???

X12Celtics3
01-12-2012, 05:55 PM
My personal favorite post scorer is Al Jefferson, but I'm a bit biased due to my fond memories of watching him play for Boston.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 05:56 PM
All time Hakeem.

it's because they were teammates.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 05:58 PM

please, no. just no.
lowering your shoulder, ramming into your opponent like a monster truck is not considered a post move.

beliges
01-12-2012, 05:58 PM

Ironically enough, I think the guys with the best post moves ever are MJ and Kobe. And the irony behind that is they are SGs. Hakeem had the best moves out of any big man to ever play in my opinion. BUt with MJ and Kobe, they can post you up from in the paint or from 15 feet out. They got that fadeaway jumper thats unstoppable. They got the pump fake and pivot. They got the best footwork out of any perimeter players to ever play. Essentially, they have no weaknesses off the post. They can go left or right, shoot it up, or lay it in. They got it all.

Nick O
01-12-2012, 06:01 PM

hahaha jordan over hakeem? in the post? are you crazy. no one no one had better post moves than hakeem.. not even close

Hawkeye15
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM

oh snap, I thought I was posting in the "Who would you want to take a shot in the last minute" thread haha.

Thats my b