PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin Needs A Go To Move

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Aside from his incredible leaping ability and his outstanding dunking. Blake Griffin does not seem to have a go to move. When ever he takes a long range shot I am shocked when he makes it. Like most big men once in a double team his offense completely vanishes. His only offense is to barrel his way in.

He is still developing but I expected to see some of his stats increase

His rebounds went down, which was unexpected.

His assists and free throw percentage is down as well

And his offense is about the same

jam
01-12-2012, 03:33 AM
With shooters like Caron, Paul and Chauncey all scoring effectively from the perimeter, I actually think it's best that Griffin score almost exclusively from inside the paint.

He has so much athletic ability that when he gets the ball, he can just jump over his defenders and dunk it, whereas other PF's actually need a go to move to get a jump shot or layup.

I'd rather see Blake dunking in the lane rather than venturing out for a 25 foot jump shot like Kevin Love.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 03:36 AM
With shooters like Caron, Paul and Chauncey all scoring effectively from the perimeter, I actually think it's best that Griffin score almost exclusively from inside the paint.

He has so much athletic ability that when he gets the ball, he can just jump over his defenders and dunk it, whereas other PF's actually need a go to move to get a jump shot or layup.

I'd rather see Blake dunking in the lane rather than venturing out for a 25 foot jump shot like Kevin Love.

He should be able to shoot from at least 10-12 feet

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Aside from his incredible leaping ability and his outstanding dunking. Blake Griffin does not seem to have a go to move. When ever he takes a long range shot I am shocked when he makes it. Like most big men once in a double team his offense completely vanishes. His only offense is to barrel his way in.

He is still developing but I expected to see some of his stats increase

His rebounds went down, which was unexpected.

His assists and free throw percentage is down as well

And his offense is about the same

Educate yourself son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRNf1MOmSOE

With Noah an excellent defender guarding him all game. Way to base a stupid thread off one game in which he struggled offensively.

ClippersE.G
01-12-2012, 03:42 AM
You must not watch The Clippers much.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 03:47 AM
Educate yourself son.

With Noah an excellent defender guarding him all game. Way to base a stupid thread off one game in which he struggled offensively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMZqKTlJffA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx9o31zcNgk

yes his dunks are very impressive, I know this. but he cant score like that on great D. this is why he needs a go to move

celmxc
01-12-2012, 03:48 AM
... i think he will eventually add that perimeter jump shot to his game which would make him really hard to guard ... however, his go to move now is the post up

Gideon
01-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Educate yourself son.

I have no desire to get in between a nice LA beef, but I have to call you out cause didn't you just start a stupid thread based off of this same game?

AI4MVP
01-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Blake Griffin is the only player keeping me from calling Kevin Love the best 4 in the league.

rasajr23
01-12-2012, 03:53 AM
Hey Metroman,

I think I found Griffin's new "go-to" move... It's called flopping and he did it to the Lakers in pre-season 3 times... Here is a bad quality video off you tube. Sorry couldn't find another video http://youtu.be/JviGiUJ0s60

lakerboy
01-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Blake Griffin is the only player keeping me from calling Kevin Love the best 4 in the league.

Dirk Nowitzki just won his team a championship less than 5 months ago. Kevin Love and Blake Griffin have not even been to a playoff game yet.

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 03:56 AM
I have no desire to get in between a nice LA beef, but I have to call you out cause didn't you just start a stupid thread based off of this same game?

I made a thread about the game. I didn't make a thread generalizing a player. It's so inaccurate it's laughable. Only a mentally challenged individual would make a post like this. How many superstars have a consistent "go to move"? Maybe a handful. Griffin isn't a perimeter player. He does just fine with his spin move, hook shot and layups/dunks.

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Hey Metroman,

I think I found Griffin's new "go-to" move... It's called flopping and he did it to the Lakers in pre-season 3 times... Here is a bad quality video off you tube. Sorry couldn't find another video http://youtu.be/JviGiUJ0s60

Nothing more humorous than Lakers and Heat fans calling out the Clippers for flopping. Pot meet kettle.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Hey Metroman,

lol He is always complaining about every call... even when it is clear that he is wrong

jam
01-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Kevin Love is a great rebounder, and I give him respect for getting into shape (which he shouldn't get at all since he's a professional) but he has a bizarre game where he runs around like the energizer bunny grabbing defensive rebounds and then floating out 30 feet from the basket to shoot a 3, and then running like a crazy man again, back into the paint to crash the boards for an off. rebound.

The Wolves' offense would have excellent balance if he let his guards shoot from the top of the key, beasley shoot from the wing and if Love stayed near the basket to give his team a target to pass to inside.

Perhaps his (over) emphasis on the 3 ball is driven by a desperation to score on a team which lacks great scorers, but it makes me wonder if he's simply trying to pad his numbers for a big contract.

Right now, he's a strangely numbers driven player, and his odd game does not benefit the Wolves nearly as much as it could.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 03:59 AM
I made a thread about the game. I didn't make a thread generalizing a player. It's so inaccurate it's laughable. Only a mentally challenged individual would make a post like this. How many superstars have a consistent "go to move"? Maybe a handful. Griffin isn't a perimeter player. He does just fine with his spin move, hook shot and layups/dunks.

didnt you just make a post about the same game (WHICH WAS SHUT DOWN)

you where crying about the heat in that recent thread

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:00 AM
jeez, I just said he offense has not improved and that he needs to add more moves.... you are all acting like I am saying something negative meanwhile I am not

seikou8
01-12-2012, 04:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMZqKTlJffA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx9o31zcNgk

yes his dunks are very impressive, I know this. but he cant score like that on great D. this is why he needs a go to move

every plsyer gets blocked whats your point

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:02 AM

"""Clippersfan86

"""Why couldn't the refs save the Heat?
HUGE foul/free throw disparity and multiple laughable calls against the Clippers... yet the refs couldn't quite save the Heat. Why didn't the refs just let Lebron get away with a few more crab dribbles in OT like they did in 4th quarter? Why couldn't D Whistle get another foul call 5 seconds late again at end of game?""""

u are a hater. I just said blake needs more moves

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 04:03 AM
didnt you just make a post about the same game (WHICH WAS SHUT DOWN)

you where crying about the heat in that recent thread

Uh buddy.... can't be shut down when you don't shoot many shots. Griffin only took a handful of shots in the second half and OT. Had nothing to do with being shut down. If that's the case... we can definitely say Lebron, Wade and Bosh.. the entire big 3 were shut down. All 3 shot like sh** and were held well below their average. I guess all 3 of them need go to moves too right?

rasajr23
01-12-2012, 04:04 AM
lol He is always complaining about every call... even when it is clear that he is wrong

I like Griffin.. But the hands over his mouth like he was surprised on every fouled call against him made me laugh today...

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 04:05 AM
jeez, I just said he offense has not improved and that he needs to add more moves.... you are all acting like I am saying something negative meanwhile I am not

Because it's ignorant and wrong. He was averaging 24 ppg and shooting 38 percent from midrange before tonight, both VERY good improvements compared to last year where he put up 22.5 ppg and shot around 31-32 percent midrange. His post game and shot is much improved. If you're going to use one game to say it hasn't.. let's use Lebron's, Wade's and Bosh's game tonight to judge them on the entire season too.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Uh buddy.... can't be shut down when you don't shoot many shots. Griffin only took a handful of shots in the second half and OT. Had nothing to do with being shut down. If that's the case... we can definitely say Lebron, Wade and Bosh.. the entire big 3 were shut down. All 3 shot like sh** and were held well below their average. I guess all 3 of them need go to moves too right?

what the hell are you talking about? get the wax out guy. All I said is Blake's offense is not better than last year.. in matter of fact nearly all his average dipped down a bit.. WIth all the hype behind him ("last guy to average these numbers are tim duncan") I expect him to be a consistent 26 points guy

rasajr23
01-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Nothing more humorous than Lakers and Heat fans calling out the Clippers for flopping. Pot meet kettle.

Both Fisher and Gasol flop on our team. Now, I will say this... Fisher is not all that good and needs to flop and take charges to even out his game. Gasol is Spanish and that's what he picked up in the Spanish leagues. Now, what's Griffin's excuse??

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 04:10 AM
what the hell are you talking about? get the wax out guy. All I said is Blake's offense is not better than last year.. in matter of fact nearly all his average dipped down a bit.. WIth all the hype behind him ("last guy to average these numbers are tim duncan") I expect him to be a consistent 26 points guy

Again you're talking out of your as*. His offensive efficiency was off the charts compared to last season before tonight.

1. 24 ppg
2. TS% of 56.5 percent
3. Shooting percentage of 57 percent (shot 51 percent last year)
4. Shooting a much better percentage on jumpers
5. Showing more versatility in his post game

So again..... how isn't his offense better? You're EXPECTING a 2nd year PF to average 26 ppg? Go do me a favor and tell me how many PF's in NBA history have averaged 26+ ppg. Then tell me how many did it in their second season. I'll give you a clue... you'll be searching for a very long time.

Rather than making yourself look like a moron by arguing with a guy who's watched 80+ Clippers games for the last 12+ years..... just let it go dude. I watch more of my team than you... and clearly you're wrong on this one.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Because it's ignorant and wrong. He was averaging 24 ppg and shooting 38 percent from midrange before tonight, both VERY good improvements compared to last year where he put up 22.5 ppg and shot around 31-32 percent midrange. His post game and shot is much improved. If you're going to use one game to say it hasn't.. let's use Lebron's, Wade's and Bosh's game tonight to judge them on the entire season too.

nope not 24. like 23 ...only 1 point+ since last year and trust me that is from Paul being there

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Again you're talking out of your as*. His offensive efficiency was off the charts compared to last season before tonight.

1. 24 ppg
2. TS% of 56.5 percent
3. Shooting percentage of 57 percent (shot 51 percent last year)
4. Shooting a much better percentage on jumpers
5. Showing more versatility in his post game

So again..... how isn't his offense better? You're EXPECTING a 2nd year PF to average 26 ppg? Go do me a favor and tell me how many PF's in NBA history have averaged 26+ ppg. Then tell me how many did it in their second season. I'll give you a clue... you'll be searching for a very long time.

Rather than making yourself look like a moron by arguing with a guy who's watched 80+ Clippers games for the last 12+ years..... just let it go dude. I watch more of my team than you... and clearly you're wrong on this one.

if you want to go by field goal than lebron is the best player in the world but oops he lost

He is only getting 1 point more and 2 REBOUNDS LESS AND NEARLY 2 LESS LESS ASSISTS

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 04:13 AM
nope not 24. like 23 ...only 1 point+ since last year and trust me that is from Paul being there

He was at 23.7 before tonight's game. Griffin was averaging 26 ppg before the last couple in which he's shot way less than he was to start season. It has nothing to do with Paul considering the Clippers are going to the PNR unfortunately at a terrible rate. If the Clippers were running a ton of PNR Blake would be putting up 30 ppg.

Again you need to have more realistic expectations. 22 year old player... 8 games into his second season and you have Michael Jordan expectations. 26 ppg+ in his second year as a PF on a loaded team? OKAYYYYYYYYYYY. Sounds like you are just bitter and want something to bit*h about.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:14 AM
blake 9-23 tonight

Gideon
01-12-2012, 04:14 AM

He meant the thread you made got shut down.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:15 AM
He was at 23.7 before tonight's game. Griffin was averaging 26 ppg before the last couple in which he's shot way less than he was to start season. It has nothing to do with Paul considering the Clippers are going to the PNR unfortunately at a terrible rate. If the Clippers were running a ton of PNR Blake would be putting up 30 ppg.

Again you need to have more realistic expectations. 22 year old player... 8 games into his second season and you have Michael Jordan expectations. 26 ppg+ in his second year as a PF on a loaded team? OKAYYYYYYYYYYY. Sounds like you are just bitter and want something to bit*h about.

y dont u marry him

Clippersfan86
01-12-2012, 04:15 AM
if you want to go by field goal than lebron is the best player in the world but oops he lost

He is only getting 1 point more and 2 REBOUNDS LESS AND NEARLY 2 LESS LESS ASSISTS

Shooting more jumper= less rebounds obviously. Add top playmaker in the game and 3 ball dominate players to starting 5= less assists obviously. He can't average 4 assists a game as easily when CP3 and Billups handle the ball so much. Doesn't matter though because he's still elite.

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Shooting more jumper= less rebounds obviously. Add top playmaker in the game and 3 ball dominate players to starting 5= less assists obviously. He can't average 4 assists a game as easily when CP3 and Billups handle the ball so much. Doesn't matter though because he's still elite.

not the case with LOVE or Kobe

jam
01-12-2012, 04:17 AM
The more metroman posts, the clearer it becomes that he's a hater.

cambovenzi
01-12-2012, 04:18 AM
I thought "ESPN Dunk" was his go to move :confused:

jam
01-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I thought "ESPN Dunk" was his go to move :confused:

Metroman won't be satisfied until Griffin develops a drop step fadeaway double pump over the shoulder back to the basket no look skyhook.

celmxc
01-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Hey Metroman,

lol everyone flops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPgxaBtSA0 ... and thats a defensive move... not an offensive move LOL ...

Supa
01-12-2012, 04:31 AM
Griffin has a favorite spin move; he talked about it during an on court interview.

---

MetroMan
01-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Metroman won't be satisfied until Griffin develops a drop step fadeaway double pump over the shoulder back to the basket no look skyhook.

h

jam
01-12-2012, 04:46 AM
lol everyone flops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPgxaBtSA0 ... and thats a defensive move... not an offensive move LOL ...

metroman is not only a troll, he has the iq of a turnip as well. :)

Teufelshunde4
01-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Educate yourself son.

Did you watch that game? Dunks dont count more then any other basket... Some players seem to think so though...

No argument from me that Griffin is a monster talent. But still very very raw... IF Blake worked shot and developed an mid range game and up his free throw %. The sky is the limit....

And no offense but the Clippers arent loaded... There is some talent there but the depth is horrible after the top 4 players.

apet8945
01-12-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmmgHNYFNk

Griffin clearly has a go to move. Whenever he needs a hoop, he does that exact same move against anyone defending him, and almost always scores. Shoulda just asked a Clippers fan instead of starting a thread about it, which now has manifested into a completely different argument.

Nick O
01-12-2012, 09:26 AM
he is in his second year is already beasting and has UNBELIEVABLE athleticism ... hes gonna get there cause from what i hear hes a hard worker.. im thinking as scary as it sounds.. in 2 years not only will he have a good "go to move" but he will also have a solid mid range game.. the prospect of who blake COULD be is frightening .. but for now hes one of the best players in the game and his fundamentals still arnt very sharp.. thats scary to me... lookin forward to the future

thenaj17
01-12-2012, 09:54 AM

How about Dirk Nowitki? Kevin Love is getting great stats on a poor team. He is a very versatile and good player but he hsan't led his team to many wins the last few years has he?

Statik1
01-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Why would he need another move when the best one is called "I DUNK ON YOUR ****ING HEAD"

Chronz
01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Educate yourself son.

Shouldnt be telling him to educate himself when your describing Noah as an excellent defender.

Any player can improve, thats all I would tell him.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
blake is the even more athletic PF version of dwight, with more upside since he has somewhat of an outside shot.

Chronz
01-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Well it probably has something to do with you basing it on an extremely limited sample.

BALLER R
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
His Go To Move Is Jump. As soon as he gets the ball thats what he does he just tries to dunk from everywhere

Chronz
01-12-2012, 12:46 PM
blake is the PF version of dwight, with more upside since he has somewhat of an outside shot.

Dwight has a better jumper, he just doesnt use it. Blake has a poor jumper and hes content with firing it off this year. That jumper is his weakness, he was fine in the early going but hes cooled off immensely, which was expected considering the #'s he was putting up.